PDA

View Full Version : Anyone receive any Eagles related gifts for Christmas?

Stars
12-26-2008, 09:40 PM
My husband gave me the "Jerry Maguire" DVD for Christmas this year! I was absolutely thrilled. I don't think he even knew why I wanted the movie, and when he gave it to me he said, "Now don't expect me to watch this one with you!";)

ochiba kid 1
12-27-2008, 08:48 AM
No body bothered, so it looks like I will have to treat myself ? oh yes I am still awaiting a Guitar Pick 2006 to come over to the UK from the States, so I have treated myself ? maybe there are still more out there ? Sorry but Jerry Mc, just for a few mins of Glenn Frey, OMG, oh well what ever floats your boat, my wife likes that film, but did not even realise that it was Frey in it ? you either have it or you do not,

Happy New Year to all

Gary

Tessa
12-27-2008, 11:11 AM
I got Don Felder's Heaven and Hell book and read it in one night.

Well...he might be a great guitar player....but this book is full of blaming everybody else and self-pity. Strange...

The better gift came from my Lovey who gave me two tickets for the Eagles concert in Munich :hilarious::partytime:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Cool gifts everyone! As for me, I both received and gave Eagles-related gifts.

One of my good buddies gave me a coffee mug with non-other than the Smokin' Hot picture (my avatar) on it. The problem is that I can't drink out of it because that sucker is so HOT that any liquid is bound to quickly reach a boiling point in it. But it sure does look fine sitting on my smokin' mouse pad where I can keep a very good eye on it whenever I'm at the pc. :wink: :wink:

Now for the giving part - I am giving two of my nieces a nice Eagles-related holiday gift - tickets to the Hampton concert on January 12. Of course, I am also giving myself a ticket to the show as well.

I am also giving myself a 2009 Eagles calendar based on Mike's calendar that he posted for us. I haven't quite finished putting it together, but hope to get it finished this week sometimes.

Glennsallnighter
12-27-2008, 10:22 PM
My sister gave me the HFO Song book with guitar chords and music that I can easily adapt to the Piano. My brother had said he'd get the Millennium collection for me but it didn't materialise. Maybe he had difficulty with the link I gave him!

ticky
12-28-2008, 01:12 AM
OOO I got a terrific Eagles related Xmas gift. SOME of you may remember a autogrpahed picture of Joe on ebay that was going for a Extremely crazy reasonable amount. WELL.... I sniped it but pretty low... I did NOT expect to win.. and I did not.. I was out bid.. by NON OTHER then MY dearest Cami! aka Wildthyme!! and guess what she gave me for Xmas!!! *G* and guess whats going on my Wall-o-worship!! *G* I love him.. err it *G*

Like this but with a signature at the bottom and in a pretty frame *G*
http://www.tickypages.com/JoeWalsh/album7/JWalshPublicityPhoto-01.jpg

EagleLady
12-28-2008, 01:20 AM
:partytime: That is awesome Rhonda, now you can gaze at Joe anytime you want

TimothyBFan
12-28-2008, 02:59 PM
I received LROOE on vinyl, a black and white 8 x 10 of the guys circa HFO and I, like Dreamer, gave myself my calendar.

Littlemelly9
12-28-2008, 05:47 PM
well I got money for the concert but thats it.

glenneaglesfan
12-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Wonderful gifts, especially those related to getting good seats for the concerts next year.

Stars, enjoy Jerry Maguire, and even though Glenn is only a bit part you can justify watching it to your hubby by saying it's about sport!

ticky, that photo is awewsome!

The nearest Eagles related gift we got is Guitar Hero. I haven't been allowed on it yet.

Glennsallnighter
12-28-2008, 07:04 PM
One of my good buddies gave me a coffee mug with non-other than the Smokin' Hot picture (my avatar) on it. The problem is that I can't drink out of it because that sucker is so HOT that any liquid is bound to quickly reach a boiling point in it.

The first ever energy saving coffee mug. Put the water in and it heats up automatically! You could patent that Dreamer!

Brooke
12-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Very cool gifts everyone!

I guess no one here knows I'm an Eagles fan. :weep: Of course, hubby doesn't do computers and my kids/friends/family don't know my 'habit' is as bad as it is! :wink: I guess I'm too good at hiding it! :rolleyes:

Glennsallnighter
12-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Rhonda! That was a wonderful gift from WT! You are well poised to get it autographed when the boys make it to Oregon.

Brooke, you really will have to face up to your addiction some time :wink:

Prettymaid
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Rhonda! That was a wonderful gift from WT! You are well poised to get it autographed when the boys make it to Oregon.

It's already autographed, right Ticky? It's beautiful! Good work Cami!

GlennLover
12-30-2008, 12:46 AM
I got a card from my hubby with a note inside promising to get me "Selected Works" :rockguitar:. He's not one for ordering on line so I will probably have to order it but he will pay for it! I have been asking for this for some time!

Glennsallnighter
12-31-2008, 04:45 AM
Aww!! Thats lovely GL!! And its a great box set!

Mrs Henley
12-31-2008, 05:34 PM
You all have great presents!

A very good friend of mine gave me yesterday a very late Christmas present but it was a wonderful painting of the LROOE cover and a Christmas card with Don at the cover. The moment I saw Don at the card I started to scream almost and when I saw the painting I almost jumped on my friend, I was so freaking happy!

Peekaboo
12-31-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm going to count this as an Eagles related gift...since my birthday and Christmas are close together i tend to get a christmas/birthday present all in one, well my wonderful parents bought my plane ticket for my christmas/birthday present for my trip to Florida next month when I go see the guys again in Tampa. Now I just gotta get my concert ticket.

Also like Willie, I also recieved the LROOE album on vinyl. I love it!! It's one of my favorite gifts.

SweetHolly
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I got a gift card to Half Price Books and bought Brian Wilson's Autobiography and another biography about Brian and in the biography about Brian, it compares Don Henley's Love Rules to some of the Beach Boys Smile material. I'm going to order Keepin' The Summer Alive by the Beach Boys and Joe was on the title track.

Just Another Hired Hand
01-03-2009, 01:24 AM
I got a copy of the 2004 Tour book. Our Eagles memorabilia collection is growing.

ticky
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Ok, here it is. The pic Cami gave me for Xmas!! *G*

http://tickypages.com/picturebin/joesigned.jpg

He grins at me every morning and every night *sigh* (would you LOOK at those eye lashes???):smitten:

EagleLady
01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
That is a beautiful Pic Rhonda

Prettymaid
01-04-2009, 06:39 PM
He grins at me every morning and every night *sigh* (would you LOOK at those eye lashes???):smitten:

Very nice. And Cliffy's okay with that?

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2009, 06:40 PM
It is indeed! Are you coming into Chat?

Maleah
01-04-2009, 07:44 PM
I got Don F.'s book too and read it already. It was definently an interesting read. Didn't make me think or feel any differently about the Eagles legacy. I think he goes back and forth in the book a lot. At first I thought he disliked Don more.......then further in I thought he disliked Glenn more........then Don.......then Glenn.......I was very confused by the end. :D I do think someone that stated that Don F thought he had a closer relationship with Glenn than he did and was bitter when he found out he didn't is correct. Anyway.......I was curious about it and found it very interesting.

I also got a guitar effects pedal with a bunch of different effects on it.......one of which just happens to be a Mr. Joe Walsh styled effect. ;) Very cool!

Not really a gift from anyone but myself.......but I also happened to buy a really big Glenn "soul searching" poster and an eagles poster from 1980 or something like that. It's a little ripped around the edges from it's age, but very cool!

ticky
01-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Very nice. And Cliffy's okay with that?

He must be! he scanned it and it's still in one piece *G*

It is indeed! Are you coming into Chat?

If you're still there, you bet! Just got back from Grocery shopping and it's SNOWING AGAIN!!!! yeesh...

TimothyBFan
01-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I just put on my copy of LROOE on vinyl that I got for Christmas (haven't listened to it yet) and put on the disk marked Disk 1 Side A which of course should start out with No More Walks In The Wood but instead LROOE started. So I put on Disk 2 Side A and got NMWITW. The labels are switched!! :hilarious: Maybe I have a copy that will become a collectors item someday!

01-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Wow, TBF. I bet you are right unless there was a BIG mistake and this happened to a lot of them. Hopefully, you have a rarity.

Peekaboo
01-09-2009, 05:05 PM
I just put on my copy of LROOE on vinyl that I got for Christmas (haven't listened to it yet) and put on the disk marked Disk 1 Side A which of course should start out with No More Walks In The Wood but instead LROOE started. So I put on Disk 2 Side A and got NMWITW. The labels are switched!! :hilarious: Maybe I have a copy that will become a collectors item someday!

Wow!! I got the same thing for Christmas. I wonder if mine is the same way. I'd check but i don't have a record player. I guess i'll just have to keep wondering.

Glennsallnighter
01-09-2009, 05:49 PM
You are right. Errors like that often make these records collectors items!!

sodascouts
01-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Wow!! I got the same thing for Christmas. I wonder if mine is the same way. I'd check but i don't have a record player. I guess i'll just have to keep wondering.

No you don't! Just look at where the major grooves are that separate the songs. Long Road Out of Eden is considerably longer than NMWITW. The groove after the first song would be a lot further in.

Peekaboo
01-10-2009, 05:15 PM
No you don't! Just look at where the major grooves are that separate the songs. Long Road Out of Eden is considerably longer than NMWITW. The groove after the first song would be a lot further in.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check that out.

Koala
12-25-2009, 07:07 AM
I got the double album of the concert in Chrstchurch from my parents
and from my sister I got an Eagles Limited Edition Box with the DVD's
Eagles - Music Review DVD & Book Set and Eagles Desperado, the Ultimate Critical Review.

MikeA
12-25-2009, 11:59 AM

It's been so long since I've messed with LP's. Reading your reply got me to thinking: Would a 4 minute song on the outside of the platter take up more or less in the number of grooves than one that is 4 minutes long that is on the inside of the platter? I know that the outside of the platter will have further to travel to traverse an equal angle with the track that is further inside. Yet it is traveling at the same RPM (33-1/3).

That makes me wonder if the same length track would have a different "thickness" (distance from start of the track to the end of the track measured radially) because of this seed difference?

Just curious. I used to know these things but that's been 40 Years Ago! I know they were coming out with radial arm turntables to eliminate the angle of the stylus depending on whether it was tracking on the outside or inside. With a radial arm, it would make no difference where with an arm that pivots, the angle constantly changes as the stylus travels from the outside of the vinyl to the inside.

Maleah
12-26-2009, 02:04 AM
I got two framed single LP's, one for "One Of These Nights" and one for "Desperado," a Legends of Rock book just cuz the guys were in it, and one of those fake California license plates that say The Eagles on it. :thumbsup:

Koala
12-26-2009, 05:04 AM
I got two framed single LP's, one for "One Of These Nights" and one for "Desperado," a Legends of Rock book just cuz the guys were in it, and one of those fake California license plates that say The Eagles on it. :thumbsup:
Great gifts!:)

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2009, 10:29 PM
I'll echo 'Great Gifts' as well.

My brother gave me the 'Hotel California' songbook, and the kiddies got me a build-a-bear polar bear which they christened 'Glen Eagle'. I have changed his name already by deed poll to 'Glenn Eagle'
Oh and I got a fuschia computer mouse from my Kris Kindle in school.

In fairness my family have often said they WOULD get me Eagles stuff but they have lost track of the amount of memorabilia that I have already :lol:

MikeA
12-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Would a 4 minute song on the outside of the platter take up more or less in the number of grooves than one that is 4 minutes long that is on the inside of the platter?

I'm going to follow up a little on this in "Gearheads" in the "Anything Else" category of off-topic banter if anyone is interested.

Peekaboo
12-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I didn't receive any Eagles related gifts this year but I did give a few of them. For my mother I got her the Eagles Very Best Of cd. She loves it. For my niece, Natalie, I got her a Hotel California tshirt. It was the cutest thing to see her run to her room to put it on right away. I loved seeing the excitement on her face when she opened that gift.

Maleah
12-28-2009, 07:51 PM
I can't believe that I forgot to mention that I got Don's Very Best of cd!! :shock: Wow....I'm slippin'. lol no Expando though :-(

luvthelighthouse
12-29-2009, 01:03 PM
I received a framed gold plated One of These Nights 45 w/a ticket stub... but I can't recall the date of the stub off the top of my head. Pretty cool, I'm pleased. :)

sodascouts
12-29-2009, 02:23 PM
I didn't get one per se, but I used the $20 my aunt gave me to buy a framed Eagles display from 'Past and Presents.'

GlennLover
12-30-2009, 12:18 AM
I can't believe that I forgot to mention that I got Don's Very Best of cd!! :shock: Wow....I'm slippin'. lol no Expando though :-(

No Expando or me either, even though I asked for it. :-( I did get some money so I'll order it rom Amazon. :)

sodascouts
12-25-2018, 05:12 PM
Martha Jo inspired me to revive this old thread!

I did not get any Eagles-related gifts. However, my parents accidentally bought me something I want to return from Amazon, which means I can use that, in addition to the $50 gift card from my aunt, to buy myself an Eagles-related gift!

CAinOH
12-25-2018, 05:39 PM
Pippinwhite got me a copy of her novel! That counts! And it's autographed, too. (I love collecting autographed books. I'm working on a complete set of autographed Craig Johnson Longmire novels.)

https://content.screencast.com/users/cheryl7821/folders/Default/media/6d2c9ea2-a40c-450b-8245-4c918bf77d1e/AmyChristmas2018.jpg

And she embroidered those pillow cases herself. They're beautiful, even on the offside. (And I am envious of her talent!)

MarthaJo56
12-25-2018, 07:53 PM
Yes..from my "other" post on the "other thread"
​Merry Christmas to me! Look what my son got for me! :heart:
I almost turned it off a couple of times because my sister kept trying to sing harmony and all I wanted to do was listen to Glenn. But at one point , I got up, left the room, so I think she got the hint to shut up. I'm cooking Christmas dinner, so after she leaves (in 4 days), I can sit byself and savor every minute.2442

sodascouts
12-26-2018, 12:18 PM
Pippinwhite got me a copy of her novel! That counts! And it's autographed, too. (I love collecting autographed books. I'm working on a complete set of autographed Craig Johnson Longmire novels.)

https://content.screencast.com/users/cheryl7821/folders/Default/media/6d2c9ea2-a40c-450b-8245-4c918bf77d1e/AmyChristmas2018.jpg

And she embroidered those pillow cases herself. They're beautiful, even on the offside. (And I am envious of her talent!)

Wow! Fantastic! It certainly does count as Eagles-related.

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2018, 01:19 PM
They are lovely gifts - Martha are you on FB? I'm nearly sure that I saw that picture on one of my Eagles pages!!

My mother, brother and sister got me the Eagles Legacy Vinyl box set as a joint gift from them. My brother did the purchasing. He said that when he was buying it the guy had to open 2 levels of security in the sealed display case and was almost in awe of the fact that he was selling it!! Mind you, its heavy weight. My hubby got me a flute so I guess it too is Eagles related as I will intend to play Eagles music on it when I got proficient!

12-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Very cool gift from pippin, CA!

As is our family tradition, we went to my sister's house for Christmas dinner. This isn't technically a gift, but she always has Christmas songs playing and has 'Take It Easy' snuck into the playlist just for me. It always brightens my Christmas day, especially when the rest of the family always chimes in with 'that's just dumb'! :nope: :thumbsup:

Brooke
12-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Very cool gift from pippin, CA!

As is our family tradition, we went to my sister's house for Christmas dinner. This isn't technically a gift, but she always has Christmas songs playing and has 'Take It Easy' snuck into the playlist just for me. It always brightens my Christmas day, especially when the rest of the family always chimes in with 'that's just dumb'! :nope: :thumbsup:

How cute, Dreamer! She really does love you to do that! :smile:

As for the rest of the family, they just don't understand! :nope:

MarthaJo56
12-26-2018, 05:05 PM
They are lovely gifts - Martha are you on FB? I'm nearly sure that I saw that picture on one of my Eagles pages!!

My mother, brother and sister got me the Eagles Legacy Vinyl box set as a joint gift from them. My brother did the purchasing. He said that when he was buying it the guy had to open 2 levels of security in the sealed display case and was almost in awe of the fact that he was selling it!! Mind you, its heavy weight. My hubby got me a flute so I guess it too is Eagles related as I will intend to play Eagles music on it when I got proficient!

Yes, I am on on a couple of Eagles pages on Facebook. One more active than the others.
Congrats on the great present. I would LOVE to get "Legacy" but too rich for my blood at this point.

Pippinwhite
12-26-2018, 11:25 PM
I have been remiss in not posting my fabulous gift from CAinOH: a promo copy of The Allnighter on vinyl with presskit with these delectable photos, three art cards, and an Eagles 2015 HOTE backstage pass. Riches! Clearly, I have better friends than I deserve. :)

Thank you again!

https://content.screencast.com/users/amygeek/folders/Jing/media/e3fa6c9d-6c51-4dea-be32-6ed19a11c21e/2018-12-26_2124.png

sodascouts
12-27-2018, 01:01 PM
Oh my gosh!! That is amazing!!

Pippinwhite
12-27-2018, 01:04 PM
@soda-- I was tickled, that's for sure!!! Two of my very favorite Glenn pics ever! :smokin:

12-27-2018, 01:17 PM
Yep - that's an awesome gift, pippin ... a gift that keeps on giving, for sure!

Brooke
12-28-2018, 12:23 PM
Fantastic gift, pippin!

sodascouts
12-28-2018, 12:57 PM
I now have Legacy! There's a bit of a hiccup, though. The glue on the binding of one of the books was detached straight out of the box. I mean, when I opened it to look at it, it fell apart in my hands. My first thought was to return it, but the discs are OK, so I'm wondering it I should just leave it and not go through all the bother of a return.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pahj99jy5n5o2en/2018-12-27%2021.38.51.jpg?dl=0

The booklet is nice - as you've already gotten a glimpse, while there were many photos we've seen before, there were also some we've haven't. My favorites were outtakes of a late seventies shoot where Glenn the guys sported different clothes than what came out in the final tourbook shots. The only thing is that some of the photos are smaller than I would like.

The shirt design is cool, but pretty long considering it's a medium. I won't be wearing it as much as I wear my other Eagles shirts.

I like the disc of extras but Don was right to be ticked off about that single edit of "Best of My Love" - it really was poorly done. Perhaps if I wasn't so well-acquainted with the original, I wouldn't notice that after "I guess that wasn't enough, oh-hoh-woah, but..." they unceremoniously remove "here in my heart, I give you the best of my love."

I should probably post this in the Legacy thread - it's getting to be a review! Too late to mess with that now, though. My nephew is wanting the computer so I'd better hustle.

EaglesFan86
12-29-2018, 06:28 PM
I received the History Of The Eagles DVD for Christmas. No more borrowing it from my local library anymore!