PDA

View Full Version : Tampa, FL 1-29-09

Peekaboo
12-31-2008, 08:29 PM
I just got my plane ticket a few days ago for Florida. I still don't have a concert ticket yet but I am determined to be at this concert. I'm hoping to have my ticket by next week. This is going to be the best birthday ever. 29 days and counting.

sodascouts
12-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Awesome! Now THAT's the way to celebrate your birthday!

Brooke
01-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Way to go Pb! :thumbsup:

Stars
01-01-2009, 11:54 PM
Pb, You will have the best birthday ever!:partytime:
Enjoy our guys at the Florida concert, and let us know all about it!:thumbsup:

Peekaboo
01-03-2009, 12:38 AM
My birthday is actually on Jan. 19th but I don't see any reason why I can't celebrate my birthday twice this month, especially when it comes to celebrating my birthday with an Eagles concert. It may be 10 days after my actual birthday but it's still going to be a great one nonetheless.

DonFan
01-03-2009, 04:05 PM
I did the same thing, Peek. My birthday was Oct 30 but I celebrated it Nov 15 with the Eagles concert in Memphis. And my Christmas present was more Eagles tickets to their Birmingham concert Jan 24. It all works for me! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2009, 07:14 PM
My Birthday was 28 February. I celebrated it with a chat party on the 29th!! Then as it was a 'Biggie' I had a party on 15 March. But most important was the Eagles gig on 20 March. That IMHO was the REAL celebration!!

Peekaboo
01-04-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm glad i'm not the only one alone in this celebrating your birthday twice thing. I'm starting to get excited about my trip in just a few weeks. Luckily I was able to get the time off from work so that's always a plus. Now I just gotta get me a ticket to the concert.

Freypower
01-04-2009, 08:16 PM
The only time I did the birthday thing was in 2004. I saw them on Novemeber 14 in Melbourne and my birthday was the next day. To my gratification, the version of NMCD you see in F1 is the one played on November 15. I couldn't stay in Melbourne. If I had known they were doing the filming where they let people in to watch, I would have stayed but I was going to all the Sydney shows, so I couldn't.

Peekaboo
01-07-2009, 01:26 AM
I'm kinda starting to freak out about the fact that I don't have tickets to this concert yet. I know I will be there but i think it's just because the concert is in almost 3 weeks and not having a ticket in my hand right now and not knowing where I will be sitting is making me freak out. I've been checking online at a few different websites but some of the ticket prices are still way too pricey for me.

Prettymaid
01-07-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm kinda starting to freak out about the fact that I don't have tickets to this concert yet. I know I will be there but i think it's just because the concert is in almost 3 weeks and not having a ticket in my hand right now and not knowing where I will be sitting is making me freak out. I've been checking online at a few different websites but some of the ticket prices are still way too pricey for me.

PB, you need the old patience pep talk from Soda!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Well - I'm not Soda, but I'll see if I can talk you down, PB. :wink:

I am going to the Hampton show next Monday, Jan. 12 and I don't have my tickets yet either. I am still searching for the perfect tickets at the perfect price. Now that the ILAA sales have closed, I'm starting to see a drop in some of the broker prices. PB - I know it is nerve-racking, but have faith. You WILL get tickets and so will I. I really would like to find tickets in the first three rows, but I have set my limit as to what I'm willing to pay for them. If I don't find them, I'll just have to settle for something less. No matter what, I'm confident that I can get decent tickets at a "reasonable" price and have a great time. I'll keep you posted. :D

TimothyBFan
01-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Wow-the tour starts next Monday already!!! Yippee!!! Time to live vicariously thru everyone else who is going! I have made a vow, even tho they are coming back to Chicago, Cleveland and anywhere else in IL, OH and Indiana (like that will happen!!) I WILL NOT GO AGAIN AND I WILL SAVE MY MONEY AND ACT RESPONSIBLE!!!!:-(

sodascouts
01-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I hear ya Willie, but if they come to Indianapolis..... ;)

Peekaboo, I know it's hard, but hold out! The closer it gets the more likely that something will pop up. Three weeks is still a good ways away.

Peekaboo
01-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Okay, i'm calm , i'm breathing and telling myself it's all going to be okay. "You will see the Eagles in Tampa" "You will see the Eagles in Tampa."

Okay guys, girls, borderers...this florida trip just gets more and more interesting. I've been saving money for some time for this trip. I've been saving for the concert tickets and just general spending money while i'm there but something's come up that kinda puts a damper on that. I had to put my car in the shop and it's gonna cost me over $600 to get it fixed. I still may be able to pull off getting some good seats for the concert because i get one more paycheck before i leave for Florida but i'm going to stay positive and keep my fingers crossed that everything works out. :pray:

Glennsallnighter
01-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Gosh!! I'll be rooting for you PaB! I hope things work out ok!!

Prettymaid
01-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I hear ya Willie, but if they come to Indianapolis..... ;)

Even Hubby says that if they come to Indy we're there! (I hope he's serious!)

sodascouts
01-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Peekaboo - I've got my fingers crossed for you, too!

PM - he better be! ;)

Peekaboo
01-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Still no luck on tickets yet. I'm not giving up though. The ticket prices for this concert are still pretty steep at the sites that i've been checking but i wonder if part of the reason is because they are in Tampa right before the Super Bowl.

I saw on one of the sites i've been checking (I think it was stubhub.com) that someone is trying to sell a floor seat in row 34 or 35 for over a thousand dollars. That person is nuts if think they can sell it for that price.

eaglesvet
01-15-2009, 12:14 AM
I bet you are right about the timing of the concert in relation to the Super Bowl affecting the price they think they can get. However, $1000 is out of control!

Peekaboo
01-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Out Of Control indeed. I also saw that someone is trying to sell a third row seat for $2000+. Now that's out of control.

eaglesvet
01-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Out Of Control indeed. I also saw that someone is trying to sell a third row seat for $2000+. Now that's out of control.
Oh my, I didn't even notice I did that until you capitalized it! My out of control was not the "Out of Control," but that's about the third time in recent posts where I used "Eaglese" unintentionally...I love that! I wonder what that says about language usage in relation to time spent on the Border? :)

Peekaboo
01-15-2009, 02:41 AM
"Eaglese." I like that. I think that term fits The Border perfectly.

Freypower
01-15-2009, 05:55 PM
You know that is funny. The term 'Eaglese' was used in the 1979 Rolling Stone cover story about the famous expression 'to monster'.

Peekaboo
01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
I say we adopt the term and use it as the official language of The Border.

TimothyBFan
01-15-2009, 07:38 PM
I'll second that proposal!

eaglesvet
01-15-2009, 10:37 PM
I say we adopt the term and use it as the official language of The Border.
Aww, shucks, guys..:shy:..I'm honored! As I said, I didn't even realize it about 'out of control' until PB capitalized it in her response :doh:! The other time it just slipped out was on the New Year's Resolutions thread, when I mentioned that going back to the YMCA after my too-long hiatus would make me stronger and feel better in the long run...and then someone (Prettymaid??) berated me for not treatin' myself better! I think it's pretty funny that hanging around this site is altering what I say, or at least the way that I (and you) perceive what I say!

FP, I had NO idea what the Rolling Stone story was all about. I had actually never heard of the term Eaglese, nor of 'to monster.' I googled the story; and what a RIOT! :rofl: It should be required reading for any Borderer! There first few paragraphs literally had me LOL with antics and quotes from Don, Glenn, and Joe. As I read, I couldn't help but think how much has stayed the same...you'll understand what I'm referring to when you read it (especially the description of their concerts--sound just like reviewers of today. It even talks about the (lack of) between-song chatter, ie story-telling!) A bit further on is an interesting driving story involving Don...insightful as to some character traits then, that I have the impression are quite different now that he is all grown up! Tim has his section a bit later; but his is more a history rather than a comedy--so I learned a lot about him that I didn't know. And of course, Irving Azoff comes up quite a bit. At one point, as he looks out on the Steve Miller Band who is opening up for the Eagles, he berates the outfit Steve wears while performing as being too much like an accountant's! My, how things have changed in that regard!

Now, I haven't read Felder's or any books about the Eagles...the only info I know is what I have read on this site or heard from interviews linked here. So it's very possible some (or many) of you already knew the info in this article. However, this reviewer has a great comedic tone to his writing, so I still recommend you give it a look! Thanks for mentioning it, FP.

Freypower
01-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Good grief EV. I am so glad I put you onto that. Don 'gunning' the BMW is a funny story. As you can imagine I am very fond of Nellie Frey's 'rattlesnake waiting to strike' part.

eaglesvet
01-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Good grief EV. I am so glad I put you onto that. Don 'gunning' the BMW is a funny story. As you can imagine I am very fond of Nellie Frey's 'rattlesnake waiting to strike' part.
Yup, I agree!

Brooke
01-16-2009, 05:19 PM
FP, I had NO idea what the Rolling Stone story was all about. I had actually never heard of the term Eaglese, nor of 'to monster.' I googled the story; and what a RIOT! :rofl: It should be required reading for any Borderer! There first few paragraphs literally had me LOL with antics and quotes from Don, Glenn, and Joe. As I read, I couldn't help but think how much has stayed the same...you'll understand what I'm referring to when you read it (especially the description of their concerts--sound just like reviewers of today. It even talks about the (lack of) between-song chatter, ie story-telling!) A bit further on is an interesting driving story involving Don...insightful as to some character traits then, that I have the impression are quite different now that he is all grown up! Tim has his section a bit later; but his is more a history rather than a comedy--so I learned a lot about him that I didn't know. And of course, Irving Azoff comes up quite a bit. At one point, as he looks out on the Steve Miller Band who is opening up for the Eagles, he berates the outfit Steve wears while performing as being too much like an accountant's! My, how things have changed in that regard!

Now, I haven't read Felder's or any books about the Eagles...the only info I know is what I have read on this site or heard from interviews linked here. So it's very possible some (or many) of you already knew the info in this article. However, this reviewer has a great comedic tone to his writing, so I still recommend you give it a look! Thanks for mentioning it, FP.

It had been a long time since I read that article and your comments made me go see it again!

A couple of Glenn's comments also had me laughing:

Talking about how their concerts are nearly identical to the sound of the albums he says "We make it so the worst we can possibly be is great!"

How true that is most of the time.

and the bit about touring "Time now to return to the "decadence festival" of the road.

I wonder if things have changed much. :wink:

01-16-2009, 05:51 PM
"Time now to return to the "decadence festival" of the road.

I wonder if things have changed much. :wink:

Unfortunately, I believe the answer to that is "YES"! :wink: :twisted:

PB - I also wanted to share more of my experiences that may be helpful to you in acquiring your ticket(s). First of all, it seems that prices usually start dropping some once the ILAA sales close. As you get closer to the show date, check all the sites you are looking at often because prices can change very quickly. You may want to check the sites ticketliquidator.com and ticketzoom.com. I think they are both reputable brokers, and often times seem to offer competitive broker prices. And last of all, if you only need 1 or 2 tickets, you may want to wait until you get to the venue and purchase your ticket(s) from the box office. We have said this before, there are often seats released at the last minute that were being held for some reason (i.e. unused comp tickets). It doesn't always work out that you will get excellent seats, but many times it does and you'll only pay face value. If you opt to do this, and you aren't getting the best seats, ask the ticket agent to expand the search; for example, have them search by specific sections to see if better tickets show up.

Hope this helps and good luck to you in your ticket search. As I always say - when it comes to seeing the guys live any seat is a good seat and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself no matter what! :wink: :nod:

sodascouts
01-16-2009, 06:30 PM
At one point, as he looks out on the Steve Miller Band who is opening up for the Eagles, he berates the outfit Steve wears while performing as being too much like an accountant's! My, how things have changed in that regard!

Ah, the irony!

Peekaboo
01-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the advice, Dreamer. I appreciate it. I did see that ILAA is closed now but i'm gonna try to hold strong with nerves of steel and wait another week. I've noticed the prices dropping a little bit but maybe one more week will get me to the price range i'm looking for.

Peekaboo
01-27-2009, 07:19 PM
After this last week, i wasn't sure if i was going to get to make it to Florida but thankfully my Florida trip is going to continue as I had planned in the beginning. I will be flying out early tomorrow morning. It's snowing and sleeting here in Oklahoma so hopefully there won't be any flight delays. I still don't have concert tickets yet but we are going to do what our fearless leader, Soda, has done before and try to score tickets on the day of the concert. Of course, i would love to be in the first few rows but i'm at the point to where i will just be glad to get to go so we are going to take what we can get come thursday.

Peekaboo
01-28-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm off to the airport. Here's hopin that i get to make it to this concert. :pray:

01-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Good luck, PB. Hope you make it to the concert as well. Have a great trip and let us know all about it as soon as you can. :)

sodascouts
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I have my fingers crossed!

Prettymaid
01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Safe trip Peek!

DonFan
01-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Jess just sent a text to our mutual friend in OK--she scored a 5th row seat!

Prettymaid
01-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks DF, I'm so happy for her!

sodascouts
01-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Excellent!

TimothyBFan
01-30-2009, 09:38 AM
:blueblob::blueblob: Can't wait to hear about it!!! And pics I hope!!