PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Chesney

EagleLady
01-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Just wondering if there any other Kenny fans on here, He has a lot of great songs, and he is easy on the eyes too.

Brooke
01-02-2009, 04:13 PM
I like Kenny a lot, EL. I got to see him in concert in Peoria, IL a couple years ago. He was a fantastic performer and actually signed a few autographs from the stage after the concert. Alas, I wasn't that close to be able to get one. :sad: He is very energetic and runs around all over the stage during his show. No wonder he stays so slim!

I have a couple of his cd's and they are both very good.

EagleLady
01-02-2009, 04:19 PM
You are so lucky to be able to see him. Too bad about the autograph. I Like his new song, Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven.

Brooke
01-02-2009, 05:29 PM
I like that one, too. I also like She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy and Don't Blink. STMTS was the song that really got me to liking him. I thought the video was so cute!

He's had a lot of great songs.

EagleLady
01-02-2009, 05:30 PM
I agree. I also like Down The Road

tbs fanatic
01-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm liking Kenny more and more. One of his concerts was on TV the other night and I really enjoyed it. I cannot really name his songs but I've always enjoyed listening to him whenever I have come across one of his songs on the radio/tv.

Just Another Hired Hand
01-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Happy New Year! I am just returning after being away for the holidays and I found your post about Kenny Chesney. When my wife (Tiffanny Twisted) and I went to our first Eagles concert back in July of 2008, we went to dinner at the hard Rock Cafe in Philadelphia before we headed to the Eagles concert at the Wachovia Center in South Philly. While we were dining at the Hard Rock we engaged the manager in conversation. We were informed that on that Friday, July 18, there was to be a competition at the Hard Rock among bands vying for the opportunity to open for Kenny on his upcoming tour. Kenny himself was there to judge the bands. He had done this before so the people at the Hard Rock were familiar with him. You just never know where somebody is going to show up!

EagleLady
01-03-2009, 12:34 AM
Welcome back JAHH, and that is way Cool!

Littlemelly9
01-03-2009, 02:16 PM
MY MOM AND I ARE HUGE FANS OF HIS!!!!!!!!!!

EagleLady
01-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey There Mel

Littlemelly9
01-03-2009, 06:37 PM
HEY EL!!!!

Brooke
01-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Here's one of my faves of Kenny's: She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2KmzFABujM

AzEaglesFan
06-22-2009, 01:24 AM
There is an interesting item in the new Country Weekly. Kenny Chesney has baned all video cameras from his concerts. It goes on to say that he is going to have extra security and anyone caught video tapeing the concert will have their camera or phone taken away from them. It reads that all the members of his fan club have been notified. It does say that you can take all of the still photos that you want. I guess the Eagles aren't the only ones that don't want videos filmed during their shows.

AmarilloByMorning
08-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Not sure what to say about the video camera banning... the whole reason I fell in love with Sugarland (after, no hyperbole, FOUR YEARS of rolling my eyes every time one of their videos aired on GAC) was an accidental viewing of a rather horrid Kansas cover. While the video left a great deal to be desired and their vocals on "Carry On Wayward Son" weren't stellar, I admired their tenacity, which prompted me to purchase Love on the Inside, which led to the acquisition of their other two albums, which has resulted in attendance at four concerts and counting.... all thanks to one "illegal" video which has since been removed.

Chesney rocks, though - been a fan since "That's Why I'm Here." I'm actually in the middle of a "What I Need to Do" kick, and the song is flying up my Top 25 Most Played. STMTS is hilarity that does not diminish upon repeated viewings.

AzEaglesFan
11-17-2010, 02:48 AM
In the November 2010 issue of People Country Special there is an article titled "Kenny Chesney 10 Songs That Changed My Life:
1. Small Town-John Mellencamp
2. Born to Run-Bruce Springsteen
3. Stir It Up- Bob Marley
4. TAKE IT EASY-EAGLES He writes "It's funny now that I live this song, how I understand every struggling, conflicted emotion of it. As A kid I had no idea what it meant; I just knew I loved it, But now it is scary familiar, true to my life."
5. Angel of Harlem- U2
6. LIFE'S BEEN GOOD-JOE WALSH He writes. "Joe is one of the few people that I know that talks like he sings, and it was a thrill to have him on the road with us. I will never listen to this song the same way again because of the summer he was in the band."
7. Jump- Van Halen
8. A Pirate Looks At Forty-Jimmy Buffett
9. Come and Go Blues-Hank Williams Jr.
10. Misery and Gin-Merle Haggard

No pictures of Joe or Eagles

Ive always been a dreamer
11-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for posting this, AZ. That is a very interesting list and quite impressive that our guys had 2 songs included. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
11-17-2010, 10:19 PM
I find what he says about "Take It Easy" really interesting. Most people wouldn't get that deep with it! Fun find!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Kenny will perform on Good Morning America on April 30 for those who might be interested.

sad-cafe
04-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Kenny is a good guy

VAisForEagleLovers
04-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Hey, I'm glad you brought this to the front again! I'd forgotten about it. I'll set the DVR now, since I have a meeting at 8:30.

ambr1377
05-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Here is an interesting little connection between Kenny and Don. In Kenny's video "anything but mine", Kenny is wearing a Don Henley shirt from his "Building the perfect beast" concert back in 1985. How do I know this? Because I own the exact same shirt. I was so shocked and excited when I saw the video and realized this. Very cool!!:rockon:

sodascouts
05-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Very neat!