PDA

View Full Version : Cannot attend concert due to Husbands Bypass Surgery

PatRockford
01-03-2009, 06:09 PM
I live in the Knoxville TN area and was thrilled when I was able to purchase tickets to the Eagles concert on Jan 20th. My husband and I were so looking forward to it. But on Dec 22nd (a few days before Xmas) my husband John had unexpected quadruple heart surgery and will not be able to attend due the time needed to recover from this and the news that he will need a second surgery within 6 weeks. My husband never knew that he had any heart issues until some suttle problems. When we went to the hospital his heart stopped but they were able to revive him. Now I must sell the tickets as I cannot imagine going without my husband. The tickets are good ones - Section 105 -Row 8 - Seats 13 and 14. I paid $150 each for them plus a service fee. I am trying to sell them and wondered if anyone on this forum was interested or might know someone who does. We are so dissapointed that we will not see them. My husband just would not be able to stand in line or climb stairs. If anyone is interested please let me know. Pat -Rockford TN:-(

ticky
01-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Pat, I am so sorry, both for your husbands by-pass and for you having to miss the concert. I really wish I could buy the tickets, but that's a little too far for me (still keeping my fingers crossed for some west coast dates... you listening Irving and powers that be??)
You must have been scared to death! I really hope your husband comes through with flying colors and maybe you'll be able to make another concert in the future. Best of luck on both!!!

Littlemelly9
01-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Aww man I'm sorry That really is not god at all.:headshake:

I hope your Husband gets Feelin Better.

Peekaboo
01-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Pat, I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. I wish him a speedy recovery. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers. Too bad you won't get to go to the concert. I hope you'll be able to find someone to buy the tickets from you.

eaglesvet
01-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Pat, I wish your husband a full and speedy recovery. In regards to your tickets, I would post them on Craigslist in the city of the concert (Knoxville, right?) There's no fee involved with posting on that site. I had some interest shown in a ticket I was trying to sell in the fall, but a combination of factors actually made it a less desirable ticket for anyone but a true Eagles devotee...namely, mine was a single ticket in the most expensive price range on a holiday eve. I think the fact that you have a pair in the "moderate" price range on a random weeknight actually makes them more accessible to the average concert-goer. If all else fails, apparently Ticketmaster offers a re-selling feature where they will sell the tickets to someone else for you...but they wanted to keep a decent % of the purchase price as their commission. I was of the mindset that if I didn't get my full $208, I was on my way to that concert myself...which is exactly what happened---so that was how I saw the boys twice in four days from spitting range on the floor!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Pat - I am also very sorry to hear about your husband, and wish him a full and speedy recovery. I'm so sorry that you aren't going to be able to go to see the guys, and hope you are able to sell your tickets.

And ev - I remember that ticket well. I was actually in hopes that I would be able to buy it from you, but was unable to make the trip at that time. Something tells me that you aren't sorry that you used it yourself though. :wink:

PatRockford
01-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the advice, I did post the tickets on Craigs List and have some interested parties. I am not looking to make a profit on these so I think that they will sell quicker? I do not believe in taking advantage of an Eagles fan by charging them a higher price. Just wish that I were able to go. I sure hope that the Eagles continue to perform because I sure would love to see them in person, they are the best!

Note: I changed my photo - no one wants to see a photo of me......

PatRockford
01-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, just sold my Eagles tickets to a young couple who were excited to see the Eagles. I did not rip them off as some ticket sellers do, I sold them for face value. Just hope that someday I may get to see the Eagles.

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Well Pat I'm very sorry that you guys won't make it to the show but I am glad that you managed to make your money back on the deal. I hope that your husband has a full and speedy recovery and will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

tbs fanatic
01-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Pat, so sorry to hear about hubby. Hope he is making a speedy recovery. My hubby had to suddenly have heart surgery (not a Bypass but something else) several years ago. It was sudden and scary but he is doing great now. Glad to hear you managed to get your tickets sold. Best wishes.

eaglesvet
01-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Pat - I am also very sorry to hear about your husband, and wish him a full and speedy recovery. I'm so sorry that you aren't going to be able to go to see the guys, and hope you are able to sell your tickets.

And ev - I remember that ticket well. I was actually in hopes that I would be able to buy it from you, but was unable to make the trip at that time. Something tells me that you aren't sorry that you used it yourself though. :wink:
:partytime: Well, Dreamer, trying to sell that ticket was the bridge I crossed to get from Border-gazer to Border-member, thanks to Soda's :soda: advice...and look where it got me! :thumbsup: You know it...that week of concert going in November was one of my most fun of 2008! I still look back on it when I get the occasional twinge of PEW, trying to relive that giddy feeling of driving on the open road (for at least a couple of hours) with the CDs blasting, me singing (in complete harmony, of course), planning where to eat and how to smuggle in chocolate and cameras...and all of that fun before the concerts even started! Oh, to be able to do it all again...this time I would choose Milan, however...might as well dream big!

Have fun with your nieces at your January show, and don't do anything the rest of us wouldn't! On second thought, it might be kinda fun for you to do something that hasn't been done yet...go for it! Just be sure to give us full details, alright?:wink:

eaglesvet
01-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, just sold my Eagles tickets to a young couple who were excited to see the Eagles. I did not rip them off as some ticket sellers do, I sold them for face value. Just hope that someday I may get to see the Eagles.
Excellent...that was quick! I'm sure you'll get to see them in the future, when everyone's health is up to snuff!

Stars
01-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Pat, I was glad to hear that you sold your tickets, and it sounds like the couple who got them are very excited to be seeing the Eagles, and will have a fantastic time!:thumbsup:
My prayers and thoughts are with your husband for a speedy recovery, and I have a feeling it won't be long before you have your opportunity to see our guys in concert!:)

sodascouts
01-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Pat, I'm very sorry to hear about your husband and wish him a speedy and full recovery. What a terrible disappointment about the show, but I'm glad you got your money back at least. This tour appears to be extended and they are returning to various markets, so they very well might come your way again.

SweetHolly
01-06-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband Pat. I hope he gets better.

thelongrun
01-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I hope the man is Ok now? My best for you...:)