PDA

View Full Version : Not Enough Love in the World

Stars
01-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Today I heard Don's album "Building the Perfect Beast" for the first time, and I really was taken with "Not Enough Love in the World". I just really like the general groove of this song-it reminds me of listening to Motown music in the sixties! Also, I can't seem to get the melody out of my head. And did I mention Mr. Henley's singing in this song? Simply divine!:inlove:

Mrs Henley
01-09-2009, 04:15 AM
Yep it's a good song, not one of my favorites.
I do love Don his look in the video clip and Don's voice is awesome!

TimothyBFan
01-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Today I heard Don's album "Building the Perfect Beast" for the first time, and I really was taken with "Not Enough Love in the World". I just really like the general groove of this song-it reminds me of listening to Motown music in the sixties! Also, I can't seem to get the melody out of my head. And did I mention Mr. Henley's singing in this song? Simply divine!:inlove:

WOW--first time huh!!! Aren't you glad you found it? I have always loved that one. In fact -I just bought myself a new copy of it on vinyl at a record show recently because my other one skipped so bad from wear.

Stars
01-09-2009, 09:57 AM
TBF, Yes, I was SO glad to find this album! I have it on CD, but would love to someday find it on LP.
The funny thing was, I found it on Amazon Marketplace for a very fair price, then saw it last week at FYE for $29.99! I wanted to pick up a copy for a friend, so I asked the manager if it was accidentally wrongly priced, and she said no! Is this a rare CD? Does anyone know why it would cost so much??:shock::headscratch:

TimothyBFan
01-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Stars---my hubby and I and some friends are rabid record collectors and attend regular record shows and bouce all over finding used record stores. I have learned over the years there is no rhyme or reason to the way these things are priced. I have all the Eagles albums and have been picking up 2nd and 3rd copies for framing eventually when I get them all again. It's laughable the $$ some people want for them. The biggest example I can give you, we have discussed here on the board before, is Feed The Fire by Timothy. You cannot touch that thing for anything less than $20.00, that is, IF you can find it! A couple of weeks ago I posted an ebay auction in the Memoriable topic that went for over $75.00 for the cd! I did just pick up another one from some guy in Tiawan for $19.00 just this past week. I was ecstatic!!! I didn't give myself a prayer of winning it and wasn't about to go any higher than $20.00.

It's not just the Eagles either, we have found it with other albums we try to hunt down (we are working on collecting all 6 covers of In Through The Out Door by Zeppelin and just recently found a great mint copy of Street Survivors by Skynyrd with the flames on it!) but that's another topic all together and you don't want to get me started talking about records. :hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
01-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Stars - Is BTPB your first Don solo CD? If so, I hope you enjoy it. I like the CD, but it's not my favorite of Don's solo stuff. This is just my opinion, but the CD is what I call 'uneven'. It has the gems like Boys of Summer, All She Wants To Do Is Dance, and Sunset Grill, but it also has some real stinkers on it such as the title track, Man with a Mission, and Land of the Living. I do like Not Enough Love in the World and Driving With Your Eyes Closed.

TimothyBFan
01-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Dreamer -just out of curiosity-is your fave End of The Innocence like mine? BTPB is my 2nd fave solo shots from Don.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Yep, TBF - without a doubt, my favorite of all of Don's solo albums is The End of the Innocence - to me, that one is a masterpiece. My second favorite is I Can't Stand Still. We actually had a thread discussing this a while back. I'll link to it in case any of you newer members want to read and/or contribute to it.

Favorite Don Solo Album (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452)

DonFan
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Stars, have you seen the video of Not Enough Love in the World? It is great. The shots of Don with then-girlfriend Maren Jensen are very, very nice.

Freypower
01-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Stars - Is BTPB your first Don solo CD? If so, I hope you enjoy it. I like the CD, but it's not my favorite of Don's solo stuff. This is just my opinion, but the CD is what I call 'uneven'. It has the gems like Boys of Summer, All She Wants To Do Is Dance, and Sunset Grill, but it also has some real stinkers on it such as the title track, Man with a Mission, and Land of the Living. I do like Not Enough Love in the World and Driving With Your Eyes Closed.

As usual I find myself agreeing with Dreamer, except that she likes Driving With Your Eyes Closed and I'm not fond of it. I like Not Enough Love In The World.

Stars
01-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Dreamer,
Actually, my first Don solo album was "The End of the Innocence", and that one is my favorite, although I haven't heard "I Can't Stand Still" yet. (but I do have it :))
DF, I have never seen the video for "Not Enough Love in the World". I actually checked on You Tube for it today, but couldn't find it. Do you know where I could see it? Thanks!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-09-2009, 08:22 PM
I love this song - it's one of my favorites of Don's. I'm also one of those who think Building the Perfect Beast is his best album.

Check out the video here:

Not Enough Love in the World (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/video/nelitw.htm)

Mrs Henley
01-10-2009, 05:16 AM
I love this song - it's one of my favorites of Don's. I'm also one of those who think Building the Perfect Beast is his best album.

Check out the video here:

Not Enough Love in the World (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/video/nelitw.htm)

Best album! I'm with everyone!

Peekaboo
01-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm with Willie and Dreamer here. EOTI is my favorite Henley solo album. BTPB does have some good songs on it like Not Enough Love in the World, which is one of my favorites, but to me EOTI is the better album as a whole.

Stars
01-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Soda,
Thanks for posting the link for the video for Not Enough Love in the World! My friend also sent it to me in my e-mail, and she reminded me that she and I had watched it before and even commented on it-lol. I'm sure I am having a senior moment-so what else is new??;)
I do enjoy the video a lot, and think it has a real fifties retro feel to it. Don looks marvelous as always!:heart:

Freypower
01-11-2009, 05:21 PM
I have always thought BTPB is Don's least effective album. If I rank the tracks:

1. The Boys Of Summer
2. A Month Of Sundays (and that was not on the vinyl version)
3. All She Wants To Do Is Dance
4. Sunset Grill
5. Not Enough Love In The World
6. You're Not Drinking Enough
7. You Can't Make Love
8. Drivin' With Your Eyes Closed
9. Land Of The Living
10. Building The Perfect Beast
11. Man With A Mission

Really, only the first two of these songs rank with his best in my opinion. The others I can take or leave, until I get to the last four, which I don't reallly like at all.

SweetHolly
01-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Building The Perfect Beast is one of my favorite albums by Don. It was the first cd I got by Don and I was hooked.

Lisa
02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
I like "Not Enough Love in the World." I think it captures its lyrical sentiments melodically.

TimothyBFan
02-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi Lisa -I don't believe I've welcomed you yet! Hope you enjoy it here!