PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of the Eagles

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Peekaboo
01-11-2009, 08:47 PM
I wasn't sure of where to put this or if there was already a thread for this topic, if so i apologize. Every once in a while i'll have a dream involving all or one of the Eagles and last nights dream struck me as being particulary interesting and exciting. I dreamed that the Eagles had come out with a live dvd of the current tour. I remember walking in the store and seeing advertisments for the new dvd and being so excited to get home and watch it. It seemed so real and i even woke up smiling and just wishing that this was real and not just a dream. I just hope this dream will come true in the near future.

I'm sure i'm not the only one that has Eagles related dreams, right?

sodascouts
01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
I have them every now and again, but mine are almost always nonsensical nightmares. The most bizarre one I ever had involved Glenn.

I dreamt that a few people and I were planning a heist to break into the French embassy and steal the pets of the people staying there. Only who should be staying at the French Embassy but Glenn Frey! We heard him coming and I was desperate to get out with my booty of cats and dogs, but the helicopter that was supposed to take us to safety left with my conspirators and not me. Glenn caught me holding a burlap bag with a couple dogs and cats inside. I was so ashamed. He took me to his private submarine out back for a "talking-to." He said, "Did you ever think if you had asked for a pet, you might have been given one?" I burst into tears, apologizing. Then his wife opened the top hatch and yelled down at us, asking if he was finished scolding me yet because it was dinner time. Glenn yelled "Yes" up at her and then turned to me and said, "You may leave now with one and only one of the puppies." I thanked him profusely.

I woke up completely mortified.

A few months ago I had a very sad Eagles dream that Joe died, and for some reason, I was the one who had to identify the body and then notify people. I woke up crying. It was horrible!

Peekaboo
01-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Oh No!!! Joe died in your dream? I think I would've cried too.

I don't remember if I've mentioned this here before but this was a dream I had over a year ago but still remember it very clearly. In my dream I was at my wedding (btw i have no idea who the guy was that i was marrying) and during the reception, my new hubby and I were about to have our first dance to Don's song Taking You Home. As I'm waiting for whoever it was to get the song playing, someone announces on a microphone that they lost the cd with the song on it. By this time i'm starting to get very upset and about to cry and the guy says that they found someone who knows the song and he is willing to sing it for us. Then he introduces the one and only "Mr. Don Henley." I couldn't believe it, Don Henley was at my wedding. Too bad it was only a dream.

TimothyBFan
01-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Soda-I remember you telling me about that dream. Bizarre!!

I almost posted this over the weekend but felt like a fool so I'm really glad to that someone else started this topic. I very rarely dream, period. But Friday night I had a dream that I don't remember specifically but do remember that Don was in it and he was my uncle. I remember him walking into a room and me looking up at him and saying "hi Uncle Don". I remember exactly what he looked like also, he was wearing jean and a long white coat and his hair was long and slicked back into a ponytail (I wonder if the hair thing was because of the post I made the other day talking about the many hairstyles of Mr Henley!). Anyways, weird since I don't remember ever dreaming about them before. If I do, I quickly forget them apparently.

Prettymaid
01-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Quick, do we have any Borderers who are can analyze dreams? I think we have an emergency here! ;-)

Peekaboo
01-12-2009, 09:26 AM
I dream all the time and just about always remember every detail. Sometimes i'll have a dream that i had a week ago and it'll blend in with a dream that I had last night.

I just remembered one that i had a few nights ago. In my dream i had a son about 2 years old and I had named him Glenn after his dad. I remember looking at him and saying "Boy you look so much like your daddy." How crazy is that?

Peekaboo
01-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Quick, do we have any Borderers who are can analyze dreams? I think we have an emergency here! ;-)

I used to have a dream book and would try to analyze my own dreams but i lost the book when i moved into a different apartment. I wish I still had it because I always wonder what certain things mean in my dreams.

TimothyBFan
01-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Someone has read that book and said "Whoa! Weird!" :)

Troubadour
01-12-2009, 02:20 PM

I almost posted this over the weekend but felt like a fool so I'm really glad to that someone else started this topic. I very rarely dream, period. But Friday night I had a dream that I don't remember specifically but do remember that Don was in it and he was my uncle. I remember him walking into a room and me looking up at him and saying "hi Uncle Don". I remember exactly what he looked like also, he was wearing jean and a long white coat and his hair was long and slicked back into a ponytail (I wonder if the hair thing was because of the post I made the other day talking about the many hairstyles of Mr Henley!). Anyways, weird since I don't remember ever dreaming about them before. If I do, I quickly forget them apparently.

I'm not entirely sure why, but this really tickled me! :rofl: Thanks for making my day, Willie!

The only Eagles-related dream that I can recall happened when I was on holiday in Spain last October. It was basically me riding around the streets of my home town in the back of Glenn's car. It was dark and wet, but he was singing along to the radio softly and we were chatting - he was just a really lovely guy! I woke up and felt all warm and fuzzy. My most vivid memory is that he looked EXACTLY how he does in the Soul Searchin' video.

EagleLady
01-12-2009, 02:23 PM
My dreams involve no clothing :twisted:

Stars
01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Troub, if I had a dream where Glenn looked like he did in "Soul Searchin", I think I would have passed out in the back seat of the car!:fainting:
Also, if Glenn was singing along to the songs on the radio, just hearing his voice would cause me to faint again, if I ever revived from the first time, that is!:heart:

I had a dream about five or six months ago, where I was in a recording studio with Don and Glenn. Don was playing the drums and singing, and Glenn was on guitar. I was the only one sitting there watching them. Don kept forgetting the words, so finally Glenn went over and told him to take a break. Then he started walking towards me. I remember being so excited, but also scared, and wondering what on earth I would say to him. Then I woke up!:headshake:

ticky
01-12-2009, 03:41 PM
J dreamed about Hot dogs. First of all, probably not a good sign, but they were "Eagle Brand" hot dogs. Ya think that means anything ? *G*

Freypower
01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Normally my dreams involve being in a situation where Glenn is just out of reach or the person I'm desperately trying to communicate with turns out to be somebody else. The last one I had was some sort of travelling roadshow the band set up where you could travel in a caravan and watch them perform at each stop along the route. Every time I stopped I was able to see Don but Glenn was never available.

sodascouts
01-12-2009, 07:39 PM
I found some interesting facts here (http://www.sleeps.com/analysis.html):

Analyzing the dream: Basic Dream Themes...

Identify the main "theme" or "concept" of the dream. Perhaps the most important thing about dream analysis, identifying the basic theme sets the tone for the interpretation. It is done like so: First, write down the dream (or record it). Look at the dream from a different perspective. Take away the details and look at it as a whole. Here is an example:

You have a dream of a beautiful hall with shinny marble floors and incredible works of art on the walls. The pictures are framed in solid gold. There are flowers in the corner, and they are breathtaking. The ceiling is cathedral style, with graceful arches with ornate carvings. You get the distinct impression that you are alone, and in charge of it's upkeep. You here a faint scratching sound from the other end of the hall. You hurry down there and zero in on the sound. To your horror a mouse is chewing on the corner of a magnificent painting. You realize if you do nothing at all, the work will be rendered worthless and ugly. But you know if you catch the mouse you can save the painting since little to no damage has been done. You are uncertain you can get the mouse in time. You wake up feeling disappointed and remorse, as you do not want to see something so important to you destroyed.

So here is the theme when you take away the details.
Someone sees something precious being senselessly destroyed. There is a chance to put an end to it, if acted upon quickly.

If you had this dream wouldn't it be much clearer with a theme? Creating a theme is very easy and usually only requires common sense.
Lets do one more.

The Dream:
(From the Book of Genesis 40:09-11)In my dream, behold, a vine was before me; And in the vine were three branches: and it was as though it budded, and her blossoms shot forth; and the clusters thereof brought forth ripe grapes: And Pharaoh's cup was in my hand: and I took the grapes, and pressed them into Pharaoh's cup, and I gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand.

The theme: Something good comes to fruition. This something is refined, and given away.

As anyone who cares to look up this passage can see, the meaning was that the King would restore the Chief Butler to his former position in three days. A theme is NOT the whole interpretation, as you can see. But it does point you into the right direction. For instance, "something good comes to fruition "IE he gets his job back. This "something is refined, and given away" does not seem to fit, however we don't really know from the passage whether or not changes to his job were required, or if held his job long afterward. Add the symbolism that Joseph used, and you get 3 "day--3 vines" "pressing grapes into Pharaoh's cup--preparing to serve Pharaoh" "Giving the cup to Pharaoh--returning to the service of Pharaoh as he had in former years.". The symbolism Joseph used was very logical! Add to it a theme, and it fits perfectly! This was a tough example as this dream was a prophetic dream and they are rare. I only used this to show you two very important things;

Themes help you find the big picture.
Themes alone are too vague to be useful as a whole interpretation!

TIP: The secret behind themes, are take away all the details, names, things places etc. and leave ONLY the action. As you can tell, that does give a great clue, but not the whole. So do not stop on your journey of dream discovery after you master dream "theme interping", as it will not be complete.

Analyzing The Dream: Theme-to-life...

Match the Theme or Concept to a specific area of your life.
First off, MOST dreams are NOT prophetic. To instantly assume this, will lead to many mis-interpretations! Your dreams are usually selfish, meaning that they are about you specifically, a good 90 percent of the time. With that in mind, you should be able to tie in the theme to some particular area of your life. Here is a good tip: When you ask yourself, "What specific area of my life is this dream about? "as opposed to asking "What's this dream mean?" you will arrive at a conclusion faster. Always assume, at least to start off with, that the dream is about you, and a message to you. Since you made the theme, you should be able to place it into some aspect or condition present in your life. A real good sign that you thought up the right area of your life it is addressing, is when you get that "Ah HaH, THAT'S IT!" feeling. Sometimes, if it is a bad dream, the feeling is more like "oh no, that's it!". Either way, when the connection is made, you feel it and you know.
If you were indeed correct on finding the theme, then finding the area of your life it fits into should come quite easily. How exactly though, do you go about matching the theme to an area of your life? If you had the first dream (the one about the hall above) and you decided that the theme was:

Someone sees something precious being senselessly destroyed. There is a chance to put an end to it, if acted upon quickly.

Ask yourself the following questions:

What element in my life seems very precious to me? (search for the ah-hah feeling)
Is there a possibility that it could be damaged or hurt in any way?

Note that if you had that dream, found the element in your life that was precious to you, and you know it could be in danger, yet you do not see a solution, your mind does! Re-examine the situation and the solution might just reach out and grab you! If it were hopeless, the dream would have been different. Sometimes your sleeping mind can arrive at conclusions far better then our normal thinking processes. As you can tell, theming-to-life is best done through emotion. Only by examining your own emotions as you try to fit the theme into a given situation can you know you hit the mark. Our lives are sometimes so complicated that we many have so many things going on that could fit the theme, our emotions are our best clue to pin pointing the exact application. Emotions are a very good clue to the dream itself. Pay strict attention to "your emotional state" while in the dream. For example if you were happy through-out the "hall" dream, it would have a far different meaning then if you were sad!

Analyzing the dream: Universal Symbols...

You've developed good sleeping habits. Then you got on a regular schedule of taking your vitamins and chelated minerals. You learned how to relax, and you are dedicated to writing things down or recording them. Giving yourself the suggestion to remember your dreams, you are now doing so quite frequently. Themes come easily and you can fit them into your life accordingly. Are you done? Somehow you don't think so, as you seem to be missing a large part of the picture. The details. This is where symbols come in. Symbols in a dream, are actually the elements that make up the details. Even specific actions are sometimes symbols (such as falling). In the dream above about the hall, the pictures, ceiling, arches, paintings and even the mouse, are all dream symbols. All the little details mean something. Symbols, for the most part, are a very personal thing. Meaning that a "dream dictionary" may not necessarily have the correct definition to the symbol in your particular dream. Why? Because we associate meanings differently from one another at times. For example, I might associate a candle with pain, hardship and poverty if I spent enough time with no money living in the dark and lighting my home with a candle. But, I might associate a candle with God, if the only time I ever see one is in church! Two dramatically different definitions of the same thing. When you read a dream dictionary, it is usually not bogus, it merely gives the most "common" definition for that particular item. If you were unaffected at all by an item in your life, then the dream dictionary definition would most likely be valid. However, there are a certain amount of symbols that seem to always mean the same thing for people all the time. These you would do well to write down, memorize or at the very least, bear in mind while interpreting your own dreams. Why exactly these symbols are universal is a mystery to a certain extent, though I am sure there is a good reason.

Animals

They symbolize our own traits, good and bad. When you see an animal doing something in your dreams it usually represents a bad trait. As it is far easier for us to accept and watch an animal doing something negative then to take the credit for it ourselves. Here is a good example: A woman on a diet and really wants to loose weight but is prone to binge eating. She has tried and failed many times, but this time has resolve. That night in a moment of weakness, she eats a big slice of cake, and a bowl of ice cream. That night she dreams of being on a farm on a cloudy day, and watching in disgust as a big manure covered sow eats and sucks non-stop at her sloop. She is astonished and ashamed when she noticed what the sow was eating! (cake and ice cream). It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what that dream means, or what the animal symbolized! Her dream was telling her she would feel about as good about herself as she felt about the sow if she did not control her eating.

Automobiles or vehicles

Vehicles that you ride in usually reflect two things; the direction you are heading in life, and your body. (the thing you travel or "ride" through life in) This might vary if you are a mechanic or designer of vehicles. Unusually over exposure to a specific vehicle type may easily change the meaning. The condition of the vehicle might give you an idea of your health. Driving an old beat up car down a muddy road on a stormy night would be considered a pretty bad dream! However flying a Lear jet through blue skies with a song in your heart and the wind at your tail would be a rather good dream. :)

Children

A child represents to most of us, something new, different and joyous. Using this logic, it is easy to see why a child represents a new phase in your life or a new project as well. How well the child gets along and fares in the dream is an indication as to how well what it represents is doing. Also, a child symbolizes innocent parts of yourself sometimes, and at other times, immaturity and childishness. It all depends on the theme and emotions used in the dream.

Clothing

When you get into different moods you tend to choose different clothing, so clothing, for this reason best symbolizes your mood or state of mind. They also signify attitude. We wear clothing for all sorts of different reasons including, work, dating, play and social occasions. Attitudes and moods are similar to clothing in this regard, they are the camouflage we hide behind, our face we put on for the world in various situations so we can better cope. Take a look at what you, or other people in your dream are wearing to get even more clues to the dream's meaning. Also, a commonly overlooked clue is sometimes you see clothes on a clothes line, or lying around. It would be a good idea to take note as to what style and condition the clothes you see are.

Death

Nearly any dream you have that refers to death, dying or attending a funeral, or the like, pertain to change. Most all the time this change is very dramatic and major. It can be change in your life attitude or emotional balance. These types of dreams can also symbolize confronting fear, usually fear of death or change. Since most of use will agree that death is the ultimate change, and many people fear it. Death dreams are generally big changes and should never be ignored. Sometimes they really do signify death! Another possible symbol of a death dream is threat. Whichever suits the dream depends on how well the theme was arrived at. Most death dreams are about major change and not about literal death though, so don't panic if you have one. Just patiently go through the analysis process, and make sense of it.

Buildings

The building in a dream usually points directly to a specific area of your life. Dreaming of being in an office complex, or factory can pertain to your working environment. It does not need to specifically pertain to your exact line of work. In other words, an office worker dreaming of a loading dock still can relate the dock to work, because that's the association made in his mind. A bathroom, may pertain to your general health and hygiene habits, and a kitchen might be about your eating and nutrition. What you associate different locations to mean in general, usually points to what the dream was getting at specifically. To dream of your childhood house, tends to be a reflection of your life today though. A dream of mass chaos in your childhood home can indicate great disturbances in your life either now, or coming shortly. These kinds of dreams are often prophetic. You should always write down and deeply analyze dreams of your childhood dwelling. Dreams of great buildings like cathedrals and large churches usually indicate the dream has a great meaning, and should be taken seriously, as well as any applied association.

People

People most often portrayed in dreams are actually reflections of your own personality traits, provided the dream is not prophetic.These traits are ones that you need to enhance or develop, or if negative, work on eliminating or reducing. You should immediately ask of yourself, what traits do I like, and what traits do I dislike in the characters I dream about? Then look for those traits in yourself. You may be very surprised to find a match up! People in dreams work most commonly to reflect, or mirror important aspects of your personality. You do well to always make this association.

IMPORTANT NOTE
Dreams are very efficient. Meaning, they can address multiple issues on multiple topics all in one story line! A dream can warn you of health dangers, predict the future, point out personality flaws (or credits) and solve a current problem all in one dream! Some dreams are worthy of repeated analysis, and just because you can come up with two or three interpretations, does not mean that only one can be right, in fact they could all easily be right.

Analyzing the Dream: Personal Symbols...

All symbols in a dream create some sort of reaction in you. Look for the symbols that get the most reaction, they are usually keys. Since all symbols are not universal, in fact most aren't, before you pull out your dream dictionary, you need to decide if the symbol has a personal meaning or not. Here is an example: A knife might symbolize happiness to a woman who dropped the knife on her wedding day, and if was a big joke because it stuck handle up in the floor. This is associated with joy because it was humorous at the time and was a fond memory she shared with her husband. However, the next woman might cringe in fear over dreaming of a knife because she was attacked by a knife wielding thug in her teens. There are countless examples that could be given, but I think you get the picture. But how does one know what something means in a dream? How do we readily decode the symbols? There are several methods, lets explore:

Association

A traditional psychological method of looking at something and taking note of the first thing it reminds you of. After you think of something it reminds you of, do it again with the next association. Example I say "Cat", you associate "dog". Then I say "dog", and you associate "fire hydrant". I say "fire hydrant", you say "Fire". You see how this works? You have been lead in this example from cat, all the way to fire, two unrelated subjects! You can play this game with yourself with your dream symbols until something "clicks" and you get the ah-hah feeling.

Amplification

Instead of associating, you list what each symbol means to you. Different from the association method, amplification can sometimes work were association falls short. For instance, I dream of a candle, intstead of associating I make a list of what a candle means to me personally. Example: candle means happiness, love, romance, mysticism and light. Though it seems similar to association, it varies because you are approaching it from a different point of view.

Symbol defining is very easy, and you know when you hit the mark by the ah-hah feeling. There is one factor you should also keep in mind, and that is the laziness factor. You must devote some time and thought to the analysis of your dream to get a clear picture. If you go about it in a half hearted way, you will get bad results and feel disappointed. If you relay solely on dream dictionaries to do your symbol defining you will have lost quite a bit of the meaning your dreams were trying to share. I am putting a dream dictionary online in the future, but it is only to be used when no personal symbolisms can be found. It is my hope that you will try to define as many of your own symbols as possible.

Peekaboo
01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the information Soda. That was really helpful.

eaglesvet
01-13-2009, 02:42 AM
I have them every now and again, but mine are almost always nonsensical nightmares. The most bizarre one I ever had involved Glenn.

I dreamt that a few people and I were planning a heist to break into the French embassy and steal the pets of the people staying there. Only who should be staying at the French Embassy but Glenn Frey! We heard him coming and I was desperate to get out with my booty of cats and dogs, but the helicopter that was supposed to take us to safety left with my conspirators and not me. Glenn caught me holding a burlap bag with a couple dogs and cats inside. I was so ashamed. He took me to his private submarine out back for a "talking-to." He said, "Did you ever think if you had asked for a pet, you might have been given one?" I burst into tears, apologizing. Then his wife opened the top hatch and yelled down at us, asking if he was finished scolding me yet because it was dinner time. Glenn yelled "Yes" up at her and then turned to me and said, "You may leave now with one and only one of the puppies." I thanked him profusely.

A few months ago I had a very sad Eagles dream that Joe died, and for some reason, I was the one who had to identify the body and then notify people. I woke up crying. It was horrible!

OK, :soda:Soda, your gig is up! I knew you'd finally crack. I'm reporting you to the ASPCA! All those times you thought running into Glenn was the result of your pie-in-the-sky plans?? :nope: Oh no, girlfriend! He was just my plant, to finally catch you red-handed in this dastardly deed! Say hello to that lonesome prison, where the sun don't shine...

eaglesvet
01-13-2009, 02:45 AM

The only dreams we remember are those that we dream in the light stage of sleep, before we wake up. Apparently we don't remember any dreams in our deep sleep.

The only dreams I have involving the Eagles occur when I am completely awake and conscious! I will concentrate on having some when I am sleeping lightly, just so I can add to this post...

Mrs Frey
01-13-2009, 07:35 AM

I'm sorry, Soda, but I found your Glenn :heart: dream very funny! :rofl: Especially the part about Cindy asking if Glenn :heart: was finished scolding you as it was dinner time! What an incredible scenario! You probably felt the intense embarrassment even once you were awake!

However, your Joe dream probably would have had me crying too. It's horrible to dream about death, even though it's supposed to signify something quite the opposite.

Mrs Frey
01-13-2009, 07:44 AM
I wasn't sure of where to put this or if there was already a thread for this topic, if so i apologize. Every once in a while i'll have a dream involving all or one of the Eagles and last nights dream struck me as being particulary interesting and exciting. I dreamed that the Eagles had come out with a live dvd of the current tour. I remember walking in the store and seeing advertisments for the new dvd and being so excited to get home and watch it. It seemed so real and i even woke up smiling and just wishing that this was real and not just a dream. I just hope this dream will come true in the near future.

I'm sure i'm not the only one that has Eagles related dreams, right?

This is a great topic, Peekaboo! What a wonderful dream you had! Yes, I would certainly welcome a new Eagles DVD featuring either a composite concert or one particular concert (preferably the 20 March concert I attended! :wink:) from the LROOE tour.

I unfortunately seldom dream about anything, although I do recall Glenn :heart: appearing in my dreams already. I can't really remember what it was about, though - I'll have to think about it. If I do dream, the dreams are usually, like Soda's, nonsensical or bizarre.

Mrs Frey
01-13-2009, 07:49 AM
The only Eagles-related dream that I can recall happened when I was on holiday in Spain last October. It was basically me riding around the streets of my home town in the back of Glenn's car. It was dark and wet, but he was singing along to the radio softly and we were chatting - he was just a really lovely guy! I woke up and felt all warm and fuzzy. My most vivid memory is that he looked EXACTLY how he does in the Soul Searchin' video.

Awww, Troubadour, that's lovely. It's a pity that you weren't sitting next to him, though... Perhaps you could have had a "moment" with him, you know... :twisted: Okay, I'm sorry, I'm a bad girl! :blush:

Mrs Frey
01-13-2009, 07:51 AM
My dreams involve no clothing :twisted:

Now you really are a bad girl, EagleLady! :shock: :wink:

EagleLady
01-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Now you really are a bad girl, EagleLady! :shock: :wink:

haha. One can't help but be bad when it comes to these guys ;)

Brooke
01-13-2009, 02:49 PM
All I can say is she's probably being more honest than most of us! :lol:

Soda, your puppie dream is hilarious.

I don't dream a lot, or just don't remember them very often. I did have one with the Eagles in it a couple weeks ago, but now don't remember what happened. :sad:

I had one several years ago about being in the crowd up front on the floor at a '70's concert and one of the roadies handing me a 3E button! I was sooooooo excited! My husband was with me but the roadie told me that only I was invited. Then I woke up before I ever made it backstage! :-x :twisted:

TimothyBFan
01-13-2009, 02:53 PM
I had one several years ago about being in the crowd up front on the floor at a '70's concert and one of the roadies handing me a 3E button! I was sooooooo excited! My husband was with me but the roadie told me that only I was invited. Then I woke up before I ever made it backstage! :-x :twisted:

Ha-So you would have gone backstage huh? Go Girl!!!!:partytime:

Prettymaid
01-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Ha-So you would have gone backstage huh? Go Girl!!!!:partytime:

IN HER DREAMS! :partytime:

eaglesvet
01-13-2009, 03:01 PM
LOL!

TimothyBFan
01-13-2009, 03:08 PM

Technicality! Be honest-how many of us would of used those 3E buttons if we had been given one? Of course in the 70's I was underage and not married-that might have put a damper on the situation. :)

EagleLady
01-13-2009, 03:11 PM
All I can say is she's probably being more honest than most of us! :lol:

Soda, your puppie dream is hilarious.

I don't dream a lot, or just don't remember them very often. I did have one with the Eagles in it a couple weeks ago, but now don't remember what happened. :sad:

Hehehe, Most of my dreams have them on stage, clothing optional of course ;) I am so bad :partytime:

eaglesvet
01-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Technicality! Be honest-how many of us would of used those 3E buttons if we had been given one? Of course in the 70's I was underage and not married-that might have put a damper on the situation. :)
What...the underage or the not married:?: :hilarious: (I'm thinkin' our boys frowned upon wedding rings...)

Brooke
01-13-2009, 05:33 PM
What...the underage or the not married:?: :hilarious: (I'm thinkin' our boys frowned upon wedding rings...)

Hmmmmm, I don't think they frowned on anything back then.

And yes, IN MY DREAMS, I would have gone backstage. You want to have a good dream, right? :twisted:

Peekaboo
01-14-2009, 12:42 AM

Getting a 3E button has got be the sweetes dream ever but waking up before getting to go backstage almost sounds like a nightmare.

Scarlet Sun
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
This past week I dreamed that I was backstage with Glenn and Don circa '74 and I tried to get them to sign my copy of the first album. They both signed it twice, but used false names each time

TimothyBFan
01-14-2009, 03:04 PM
SS-:hilarious:That's to funny--they were using alias'! I bet they were looking good tho!

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow!! So many people here have had such interesting and varied dreams. I'm sure most people can extract some personal meaning from them. As one would expect, most of mine have featured Glenn :heart: in some form or other. The two that most stick out in my mind are as follows:

1. Quite a while ago (nearly 2 years) I dreamt that Glenn :heart: and I were the only survivors of a plane crash. The plane was in bits, smoking all round us and everyone else was dead. Glenn (wearing his HFO outfit) just took my hand and said 'Lets get outta here' and we turned our backs on it all and walked away. Then I woke up!! That was my first 'Glenn :heart: dream! The night before my birthday as well!!

2. I was Glenn :heart:'s companion at the MTV awards and he had just won his award for 'best concept Video' for THIO. He was wearing his tux and he took me up to dance. We were still dancing when I woke up!!

Most of them leave me with a lovely warm fuzzy feeling when I waken!! I could stay in that state forever!!

Peekaboo
01-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Most of them leave me with a lovely warm fuzzy feeling when I waken!! I could stay in that state forever!!

I'm right there with ya on that, GA!!

ticky
01-15-2009, 02:02 PM
I woke up having a dream this morning and I don't remember much of it except we (all of us Borderer's) were at a barbecue in someone's back yard and all the guys were there. All I remember is we were all having a great time and carrying paper plates. It was all very casual and laid back and evidently the fried chicken was awesome (must have been mine *G*)

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2009, 07:27 PM
I'll bet it was Ticky!

I was dreaming last night that The Eagles were playing a 'select' gig to an audience of about 50 IN MY SITTING ROOM!! Don was singing 'The Long Run' with the mike in his hand and Glenn :heart: kept smiling at me! It was great, pity I couldn't have stayed with it a bit longer!! :)

Peekaboo
01-15-2009, 07:49 PM
The Eagles, Borderers, barbecue? Sounds like a great time to me. Too bad we can't make these dreams come to life.

Glennsallnighter
01-16-2009, 08:50 AM
We would cause MAJOR problems everywhere if we did!! :)

Peekaboo
01-16-2009, 08:59 AM
We would cause MAJOR problems everywhere if we did!! :)

True, but oh how sweet it would be!!!

eaglesvet
01-16-2009, 11:30 PM
I woke up having a dream this morning and I don't remember much of it except we (all of us Borderer's) were at a barbecue in someone's back yard and all the guys were there. All I remember is we were all having a great time and carrying paper plates. It was all very casual and laid back and evidently the fried chicken was awesome (must have been mine *G*)
What, no barbecued brisket? Pecan pie?

Prettymaid
01-17-2009, 10:01 AM
No Lyin' Eyes Chili? No Already Gone Cookies?

ticky
01-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Hmm.. gives me an idea for a new recipe to post *G*

eaglesvet
01-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Hmm.. gives me an idea for a new recipe to post *G*
I'm worried she's going to combine those 4 things...

sodascouts
01-17-2009, 10:48 PM
OK, :soda:Soda, your gig is up! I knew you'd finally crack. I'm reporting you to the ASPCA! All those times you thought running into Glenn was the result of your pie-in-the-sky plans?? :nope: Oh no, girlfriend! He was just my plant, to finally catch you red-handed in this dastardly deed! Say hello to that lonesome prison, where the sun don't shine...

Oh no! So you and Glenn are the reason why I have those vans following me all the time and weird buzzing noises on my phones....

There's a devil to pay for what you put them through... and you've got a feelin' somebody's following you!

:fear:

eaglesvet
01-17-2009, 11:10 PM
:lol:

EagleLady
01-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Oh My EV you do have a way with words :lol:

eaglesvet
01-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Thx.

EagleLady
01-17-2009, 11:34 PM
No Problem :wink:

Stars
02-01-2009, 01:21 PM
On my recent trip to New Orleans, I had two very vivid dreams about the guys, before the concert, which caused me to think I really would be able to score a good seat and see them this time around. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, but the dreams were so vivid, I almost felt as though I had seen them, if that makes any sense!:nod:
The first dream occurred on January 22, the day before the concert.(I wrote both dreams down immediately after awakening, so I could be sure to remember them to tell all of you!)
In the first dream, I was at the concert in New Orleans, sitting on the front row with my husband. The show was proceeding as usual, when, after about three or four songs, Glenn came down from the stage, walked right up to me, and asked me if there was any song I wanted to hear that they hadn't been doing on this tour!:yay: Without hesitating, I said "Ol' 55". Now if this happened in real life, I most likely would have said "Ol'55" or "Best of My Love"!
At any rate, Glenn returned to the stage, and they did the entire song ("Ol' 55"), and I actually heard the song in my dream! (No wonder I felt like I actually went to the show!:D)
When the song ended, Glenn said, "That sounded so good, we'll do it from now on!" (Bear in my mind, I didn't see any of the other guys, or hear their reaction)
Next, they started setting up a boxing ring on stage, Glenn shaved his head, and put on boxing trunks and a muscle shirt! (Who knows where THAT came from?:lol:) They led out his opponent, a guy who looked like Robert Downey Jr. I remember saying to my husband that the guy resembled RD Jr., but I knew it wasn't him. And then I woke up before the boxing match started!:sigh: (It would have been fun to watch Glenn box!:nod:)
I'll tell about the next dream in my next post...

Stars
02-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Here is my number two dream about the guys, which occurred in the early morning of January 23rd, the day of the concert.
I was watching an Eagles concert (in person, but I don't know where) and they weren't wearing suits! I remember thinking that one of their people must have been lurking on the board, and read all the posts saying we wish they would wear some less formal attire. (Of course, I know some of you like the suits, and I certainly respect your opinions)
Anyway, I noticed that Glenn was wearing a plaid shirt with large checks, and Don had on a shirt with small blue and white checks, with a sky blue t shirt under it. In the dream, I could see how it really brought out the blue of his eyes.:smitten: I heard them sing "How Long", "No More Walks in the Woods", and some other acapella songs that I had never heard before! Then Don sang a song with just him and the acoustic guitar. He said it was by Texas singer/songwriter Townes Van Zandt, who happens to be someone I like very much. I was thrilled that Don was doing one of his songs. He only remembered one verse, but he sang it anyway, and received thunderous applause.
During the break, I walked by two double doors, and I could see Glenn and Don kneeling down, talking to a little boy. I heard Glenn say, "You are a nice boy!"
Then I was walking down a hallway and ran into Don. He was much taller than I thought-almost seemed to be about 6'3" or even taller! His hair looked like HFO, and he was still wearing the shirt with the small blue and white checks. His eyes looked very blue. He told me he was looking for a quiet spot to sit down and write song lyrics. I told him my hotel room was quiet, so we went in, and as he was writing, I brought him a glass of limeade!:lol:
When the concert resumed, the guys got mad about something and started arguing among themselves. I could see all four of them on stage yelling at each other. Finally, they did "The Long Run" and then stormed off the stage!:stunned:
There was no encore, so we didn't hear "Take it Easy" or "Desperado".
It was a rather depressing ending to the dream, so maybe I should have taken the hint that I wouldn't be seeing them that night after all.:depressed:

sodascouts
02-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Wow, what crazy dreams! But I'm glad you got a taste of the Eagles in your dreams, even without the concert (which still makes me sad)!

I guess it wasn't meant to be.

eaglesvet
02-01-2009, 03:54 PM
On my recent trip to New Orleans, I had two very vivid dreams about the guys, before the concert, which caused me to think I really would be able to score a good seat and see them this time around. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, but the dreams were so vivid, I almost felt as though I had seen them, if that makes any sense!:nod:
The first dream occurred on January 22, the day before the concert.(I wrote both dreams down immediately after awakening, so I could be sure to remember them to tell all of you!)
In the first dream, I was at the concert in New Orleans, sitting on the front row with my husband. The show was proceeding as usual, when, after about three or four songs, Glenn came down from the stage, walked right up to me, and asked me if there was any song I wanted to hear that they hadn't been doing on this tour!:yay: Without hesitating, I said "Ol' 55". Now if this happened in real life, I most likely would have said "Ol'55" or "Best of My Love"!
At any rate, Glenn returned to the stage, and they did the entire song ("Ol' 55"), and I actually heard the song in my dream! (No wonder I felt like I actually went to the show!:D)
When the song ended, Glenn said, "That sounded so good, we'll do it from now on!" (Bear in my mind, I didn't see any of the other guys, or hear their reaction)
Next, they started setting up a boxing ring on stage, Glenn shaved his head, and put on boxing trunks and a muscle shirt! (Who knows where THAT came from?:lol:) They led out his opponent, a guy who looked like Robert Downey Jr. I remember saying to my husband that the guy resembled RD Jr., but I knew it wasn't him. And then I woke up before the boxing match started!:sigh: (It would have been fun to watch Glenn box!:nod:)
I'll tell about the next dream in my next post...
:lol: Great song choice, however!!

eaglesvet
02-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Here is my number two dream about the guys, which occurred in the early morning of January 23rd, the day of the concert.
I was watching an Eagles concert (in person, but I don't know where) and they weren't wearing suits! I remember thinking that one of their people must have been lurking on the board, and read all the posts saying we wish they would wear some less formal attire. (Of course, I know some of you like the suits, and I certainly respect your opinions)
Anyway, I noticed that Glenn was wearing a plaid shirt with large checks, and Don had on a shirt with small blue and white checks, with a sky blue t shirt under it. In the dream, I could see how it really brought out the blue of his eyes.:smitten: I heard them sing "How Long", "No More Walks in the Woods", and some other acapella songs that I had never heard before! Then Don sang a song with just him and the acoustic guitar. He said it was by Texas singer/songwriter Townes Van Zandt, who happens to be someone I like very much. I was thrilled that Don was doing one of his songs. He only remembered one verse, but he sang it anyway, and received thunderous applause.
During the break, I walked by two double doors, and I could see Glenn and Don kneeling down, talking to a little boy. I heard Glenn say, "You are a nice boy!"
Then I was walking down a hallway and ran into Don. He was much taller than I thought-almost seemed to be about 6'3" or even taller! His hair looked like HFO, and he was still wearing the shirt with the small blue and white checks. His eyes looked very blue. He told me he was looking for a quiet spot to sit down and write song lyrics. I told him my hotel room was quiet, so we went in, and as he was writing, I brought him a glass of limeade!:lol:
When the concert resumed, the guys got mad about something and started arguing among themselves. I could see all four of them on stage yelling at each other. Finally, they did "The Long Run" and then stormed off the stage!:stunned:
There was no encore, so we didn't hear "Take it Easy" or "Desperado".
It was a rather depressing ending to the dream, so maybe I should have taken the hint that I wouldn't be seeing them that night after all.:depressed:
This was a doozy! I guess my favorite part was when you told him your hotel room was quiet ;)!

Glennsallnighter
02-01-2009, 05:59 PM
They were indeed to crazy dreams Stars, but understandable considering how hyped up to the gig you were. I'd say both felt really real! I'd love to hear them sing 'Ol 55 ' live as well.

I had this strange one the other night that I was at Pebble Beach, but Glenn :heart: wasn't! Also that the son of a friend of mine was handing out the programmes!!

TimothyBFan
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I had a dream last night that I was at the small little theater around here for an Eddie Money concert and I was really mad because I had paid $195.00 for the ticket and I thought the only band worth that was the Eagles. Eddie got wind that some people were upset so he went out and brought sandwiches back for everyone in the audience. :hilarious:

Weird! The only reason I can think of for Eddie Money is I did go see him over 20 years ago at that little civic center (really good show actually). The magic amount of the ticket has to be because that is what the Eagles tickets are in Indy.

DonFan
02-04-2009, 10:30 AM
I get the strangest things on Don’s Google Alert. This isn't my dream, but someone else's, a guy’s blog called Unremitting Failure. He is actually a pretty good writer.

Here’s the blog post:

Death Comes to the Princes of LA on a Horse named Wildfire

Last night we dreamed we were sitting in a hot tub at Glenn Frey's place in Laurel Canyon with Don Henley, J.D. Souther, Andrew Gold and Jackson Browne. We were drinking tequila sunrises and talking past triumphs, our seventies chest hair glistening in the otherworldly light of the wildfire that was roaring towards us. We'd talked about jumping into our Porsches and making our escape, but in the end had decided to stick it out in the hot tub, outlaws with the voices of angels to the very end. The time seemed right. Down in Hollywood glam had been followed by punk, and both groups mocked our mellow vision with their sounds of sneering derision. The world, it seemed, had wearied of our brand of peaceful easy LA fornication rock. It made fun of the way our turquoise chains perfectly set off our golden chest hair, made fun of our $9,000 Italian-made cowboy boots and our wonderful, beautiful, perfectly blow-dried man beards, made fun, believe it or not, of our entire way of life. No, we'd decided this was it--Country Rock's Last Stand.

So as the flames closed in we reminisced and talked about what we'd miss. "The girls," said Don. "The cocaine on the girls," said Glenn. "My own unacknowledged supertalent," said J.D. "My awesome sensitivity," said Jackson. "My beard, which is the Platonic ideal of Seventies' L.A. facial hair," said Andrew Gold. We all took a moment to admire Andrew's Beard. It belonged in a museum, behind glass.

"We had a good ride," said Don. "People considered us arrogant and shallow and greedy and hedonistic, but we had every right to be. We were geniuses, fired in the forge of the Troubadour, and we ruled this town with our fist in its glove of mellow." "Love 'em and Lear 'em," said Glenn.
"Getting pretty toasty," said Andrew. "Good thing we have a bottomless supply of our signature drink, the cool and panic-suppressing Tequila Sunrise." We all raised our glasses in tribute. "J.D." said Jackson, "Your beard's on fire." Andrew calmly hurled his TS into his face and said, "Gentleman, the hour is late. I say we conclude our extended engagement in this shallowest and most glorious of towns with an a Capella rendition of Take It Easy."

And that's what we did, as the wind howled red and the fire roared through and boiled us, still singing like turquoise angels, in our hot tub.

Brooke
02-04-2009, 10:45 AM
:hilarious: That is too funny! Love it!

Stars
02-04-2009, 11:12 AM
I love Glenn's quote: "Love 'em and Lear 'em"-how funny is that??:hilarious:

eaglesvet
02-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Didn't I read somewhere on The Border (I think on a thread involving Don and Stevie, but awhiiiiiile ago...) that Don actually said that quote in days gone by?

ticky
02-04-2009, 12:00 PM
LOL That's the best dream I've ever read.. well, except for the boiling part at the end.. and JD's beard catching fire.. that probably wasnt good either...

sodascouts
02-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Cute dream Willie!

As for that one DF posted.... hmm, seems a bit too cohesive for a REAL dream, but I like his writing style and it was an interesting dream.

Didn't I read somewhere on The Border (I think on a thread involving Don and Stevie, but awhiiiiiile ago...) that Don actually said that quote in days gone by?

I don't know who came up with it, but the rest of the band used to use that phrase to describe the way Don would fly Stevie in for some booty calls!

DonFan
02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Soda, I agree that it prob wasn't a real dream. But he was well-versed in his Eagles lore and it did make an interesting read.

sodascouts
02-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I just had an Eagles dream last night. In it, I was in a big theater watching a children's recital. All the little kids were all in a line singing various songs they had learned in school. I happened to be sitting next to Joe Walsh. He kept making funny comments to me during the show and we got along well. He even gave me some of his hair gel and I slathered it on my hair until it was all slicked back like his is sometimes. Then suddenly he went off and sat next to the vice president's wife who was down a few rows from us. I Was like "OK" and pulled a hood like this (http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/sn/images/SNicksCape.jpg) over my slicked-back hair, but after a few minutes he signalled me over and said, "We're going back to the VP's house. Wanna come?"

Then I was in the VP's house and being shown around by his wife. She showed me into one of their guest rooms and told me I could stay there overnight. I thought that the first thing I wanted to do was wash the goop out of my hair, and what do I see but a huge, awesome shower with a TV screen in the ceiling, hooked up to a DVD player! And that DVD player has a special button marked "Farewell 1"! I thought, "Hmmm, surely no one would be mad if I played their copy of Farewell 1 during my bath..." but I couldn't make the button work. Disappointed, I went ahead and left the shower and started mingling.

Then I was suddenly home again, watching a news report about how the press had been sent a sex tape involving the VP's wife and another woman, and it was disguised as a Farewell 1 DVD! I was like "WHEW, glad I didn't get that button to work!"

EagleLady
02-07-2009, 02:02 PM
That's just weird, and funny :hilarious:

ticky
02-07-2009, 03:44 PM
LOL wow Nancy, I think you need a vacation LOL and a little less hair gel. hehehehe

sodascouts
02-07-2009, 04:14 PM
I have crazy dreams all the time. That's nothing. lol

Peekaboo
02-07-2009, 08:27 PM
How funny, Soda!!! Even though it was a dream, its still gotta feel pretty cool to have gotten to hang out with Joe.

TimothyBFan
02-07-2009, 10:30 PM
:hilarious: What did you eat before you went to bed last night? That was a great one!

Prettymaid
02-09-2009, 10:28 PM
You guys....half the time I don't remember my dreams, but if I do there's usually only one 'scene' in it! I'm jealous - I want to have vivid dreams too! :jealous:

Peekaboo
02-11-2009, 12:37 AM
It's been a while since I had an Eagle in my dreams but I finally had one last night but I can't remember what it was about. I only remember seeing Don in my dream and that's it. I wish I could remember. I have a feeling that it was a good dream.

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2009, 09:58 AM
I'd say it was a great dream PaB! I know what you mean, sometimes I waken and I just KNOW I've been dreaming of Glenn :heart: but I can't for the life of me remember what it was! But I have that warm fuzzy feeling and a big grin on my face!

Koala
02-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I had the last night a dream.
I have gone for a walk on the beach there met me Glenn, Tim, Joe and Don and we came anyhow to the conversation we talked a whole time
and looked together the sunset. Then I awake !!

Peekaboo
02-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Last night I dreamed that I was at another Eagles concert. I was with my mom. We weren't sitting close but we could still see pretty good. I remember we were sitting on metal bleachers while everyone else was standing on the floor. Sometime before intermission, I remembered that I had forgotten to get roses for the guys and started to freak out because I HAD TO GET THEM ROSES!!! I was determined. So I left and went on a search for a place that sold flowers. I ran all over the huge building we were in and not one of the stores in there had flowers. Just as I was about to run to the Wal-Mart across the street, some guy helped me out and sold me some roses from the last and final store that was in the building. (big sigh of relief). I ran back into the arena and found my mom, told her I found some roses and ran down to the stage and gave them to the guys. I handed them to Joe just as they had finished Heartache Tonight and were getting ready for the next song and Joe told everybody to hold on before they started the next song. He was telling me thanks for the roses and how much it means to them. I was chatting with him for a while but I don't remember what else was said. I woke up with a big smile on my face. I may just have to go to another concert so I can take some roses for the guys. :wink:

ticky
02-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Now, see? I wish I had great vivid dreams like that.. but mine always end up someone turning into a crow or just flapping their arms and flying away.. very weird..

I did have one last night about the guys being up at the cabin, but all I remember was standing in the driveway and they were getting out of a big black SUV. I was really excited and couldnt wait to get here and tell ya'll. Other then that, I dont remember, maybe I need better drugs.

sodascouts
02-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Great dream, Peek! I love happy endings!

Ticky - mine are usually completely random and often nightmarish so I hear ya!

Prettymaid
02-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Great dream, Peek! I love happy endings!

Yeah, I was afraid you were going to get back with the roses and everybody's gone!

LWKUA
02-18-2009, 09:45 PM
I'd say it was a great dream PaB! I know what you mean, sometimes I waken and I just KNOW I've been dreaming of Glenn :heart: but I can't for the life of me remember what it was! But I have that warm fuzzy feeling and a big grin on my face!

Ga, I know the feeling! I'll wake up and think 'I'm almost positive Timothy was in my dream!', and then even sometimes for a split second think, 'oh, if I could only go back to sleep and hmm...continue the dream and then maybe [just maybe :pray:] remember more of it when I wake up the next time'! (Day)dreaming over here, I know!

I had the last night a dream.
I have gone for a walk on the beach there met me Glenn, Tim, Joe and Don and we came anyhow to the conversation we talked a whole time
and looked together the sunset. Then I awake !!

Sounds like a wonderful dream, Koala! The guys, the beach, and the sunset...sigh....

Koala
02-19-2009, 02:45 AM
Sounds like a wonderful dream, Koala! The guys, the beach, and the sunset...sigh....

oh, that was a beautiful dream,:heart: unfortunately was it much too fast too ends! :sigh:

TimothyBFan
02-24-2009, 11:56 AM
I have several concerts we are going to coming up (the biggest less than a month :partytime:) so I'm sure that's what triggered this one.

I had a dream last night that I was at an Eagles concert with 9th row floor tickets which wasn't good enough so I decided to see about another ticket and was able to get a 3rd row one. When I got to my seat and the guys came out on stage, I couldn't see anything and the sound was really bad. So I got up and went to my other seat in the 9th row and the only one I could see from there was Will (not neccessarily bad!). Then I woke up.

I really hope this is not some omen or something. Probably just stressing out about no ticket yet! So this morning I went on Ticketmaster, and of course no floor seats coming up. I would of had a breakdown probably had I brought up a row 3 or 9 ticket tho! :hilarious:

sodascouts
02-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Ticket anxiety nightmares! I had one of those before Cincinnati, and it all turned out OK.

Stars
02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
I had a very strange dream last night, which only involved Glenn!:)
In the dream, I was sitting at a table in a restaurant with my hubby, son, a friend of ours and his two sons, and Glenn! Glenn was seated directly across the table from me. The waitress came by to clear the table, and she started to pick up my plate, which still had plenty of food on it. I said, "Excuse me, but I'm not finished yet". She said rather abruptly, "I still need to take this". I said, "No!" and I grabbed one end of the plate, while she was holding the other, and I tried to wrestle the plate away from her. Finally, I decided she was not going to let go, so I purposely spilled the food all over the table!:hilarious: I then looked up, to see Glenn take out a notebook and pen, and he started to "write her up", almost like a traffic cop would write up a ticket! I remember thinking to myself, "He's taking up for me!", and being very happy about that. Odd dream, but I was happy when I woke up!:thumbsup:

Troubadour
03-23-2009, 09:32 AM
LOL, Stars.

I had an Eagles dream last night! It was a bit odd and quite long and fragmented, so forgive the rambling trip through my unconscious...

It involved me going to a concert with a few friends at a castle. We were told we had to climb over the wall to get in (as you do) but, being my practical self, I found a wooden doorway and pulled both doors apart just enough to slip through. The stage was like the Comedy Store stage - small, low, with chairs literally dotted around the edges of it. I was freaking out as we got closer and realised where we would be sitting - true to life, it was my first time seeing the guys.

Anyway, they started with Busy Being Fabulous, but I can't remember much else. For some reason, we disappeared during the set and only returned as the guys were saying their goodbyes. Don was leaning over the edge of the stage, smiling at people, throwing them little comments, and being REALLY cute. Somehow I ended up on the stage (everyone was kind of just there, mingling) and Don appeared at my side. I can't even remember how he started it, but we were talking about the show and good places to go out in the area. He asked where I was from, I said "Here" and he said "Oh, me too. Originally." :lol: (Shock horror: Texas Cowboy Henley is from Wareham, England)

Anyway, he had a friend of his next to him that I didn't recognise, and Don looked great apart from the fact that he was wearing THE dodgiest old man jumper in the world. I think it had white Christmas trees on it. At one point, he was looking at me and he reached out and traced my forehead, nose and mouth with his finger. He said that I had the same beautiful profile as Lisa (Er, thanks... who the heck is Lisa?) and invited me to stay for the after-party.

Then my friend and I excused ourselves and I dragged her off to some really grimy bathrooms where we had a shower (?) and talked excitedly about what had happened. Unfortunately I didn't get to see Don again though, because on our way out of the bathrooms, we ran into one of my other friends who told us our fourth friend had gone off with Don's unknown acquaintance. My friend went into a full-on, EastEnders-style RANT about "how dare she go off with him and leave her friends, I would never do that, she is so disloyal, ditching us for someone just cuz he's in a FREAKIN' BAND!!!" I was standing there very sheepish, knowing what I was about to do, given half the chance!

Unfortunately, then I woke up.

Glennsallnighter
03-23-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm not surprised you had an Eagles dream last night Lou :wink:

Troubadour
03-23-2009, 10:13 AM
LOL. Yes, I've been cajoling my brain into it for long enough...

Hey! Were YOU the Lisa he was talking about? :stunned:

EagleLady
03-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Wow that was some dream Lou

TimothyBFan
03-23-2009, 01:11 PM
:spin: Great dream!! I know why you had a dream about "For some reason, we disappeared during the set and only returned as the guys were saying their goodbyes." You've heard the reviews and know everything to a T by now, and figured you didn't need to stick around to see it all. ;)

Troubadour
03-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Heh, you may be onto something there, Willie. I did think it was funny, after reading Soda's brief review of last night, that the only song I could remember was BBF - and yet that's the one they've apparently dropped!

Glennsallnighter
03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
LOL. Yes, I've been cajoling my brain into it for long enough...

Hey! Were YOU the Lisa he was talking about? :stunned:

.........well, I didn't like to suggest it......... :wink:

Freypower
03-30-2009, 07:01 PM
I had a dream last night. Here goes.

They were playing in a park - Sydney's Hyde Park, where concerts of this type would never be staged, but anyway. The atmosphere was very relaxed and people kept coming and going, with wine casks and picnic baskets.

Then various backing band members started wandering around - the Mighty Horns were at the front of the stage talking to people. Then Steuart appeared and did something to his amp.

Tim came on stage and tested his mic by singing a song with the backing band. It was slow and soft and was a bit like The Way We Were in that 'memories' featured prominently.

Then Don appeared. He looked a bit like he does in the LROOE photo. He was wearing a blue denim shirt and shades and looked very cool. He sat at a keyboard (!) and started talking to someone on a phone. He looked relaxed and happy. At that stage I (in the dream) could have gone right up and talked to him, as the stage was very low. Did I? Of course I didn't. I wandered off, too shy.

If Joe was there it was only briefly. I think a blonde head did cross my vision but I was looking at Don.

I wandered away and then a voice drifted back to me. 'Look who we just saw. Julie will be pleased'.

Before anything else could happen I woke up.. I have one question about all of this. I know very well none of this can happen to me in real life, but to quote If I Was A Rich Man, would it spoil some vast eternal plan if it happened in a dream, for heaven's sake?!!:depressed: :weep:

sodascouts
03-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Maybe your subconscious is trying to separate you from Glenn for some reason.

TimothyBFan
03-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Like I've said before, I very seldom dream but I had a strange one last night and it was very vivid and seemed so real.

It started out with me walking up to some little hut kind of thing on a beautiful beach and I was greeted by --get this---Jimmy Buffet who said "welcome to paradise" and he took me by the hand and led me to a table and we sat down and were served some fancy tropical drinks and were just talking about the beach and all. Then he nods his head towards 3 men walking our way and said he wanted me to meet these friends of his. It was Don, Glenn & Timothy and dressed in hawaiian shirts and shorts and barefooted. When they got to our table, Jimmy introduced me as his fiance, :hilarious: and told them that I had decided to move to paradise also. They welcomed me and Don said that they had gotten fed up and decided to move there too several months before. Timothy told me that he knew I was going to love it there and that we would all be very happy together then winked at me and took my hand. I looked at Jimmy and he was nodding.

Then Larry's alarm woke me up. :sad:

I do believe PARADISE that would have been!! But why Jimmy Buffet I'm not sure. Isn't like I even like his music much. The only thing I can think of is that Tim has worked with him so much that that must be where it came from. :hilarious:

EagleLady
03-31-2009, 09:11 AM
That is a wild dream Willie :hilarious:

ticky
03-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Timothy told me that he knew I was going to love it there and that we would all be very happy together then winked at me and took my hand. I looked at Jimmy and he was nodding.

ALL FOUR WILLIE? you ambitious woman you! *G* Joe must have been with me. And Jimmy's cool... I am a Parrot Head, I have to admit. A JB Fan from way back... You've got to love songs like Cheese Burger in Paradise and Honey, Let's Get Drunk and Screw. Classics!

TimothyBFan
03-31-2009, 12:29 PM
ALL FOUR WILLIE? you ambitious woman you! *G* Joe must have been with me. And Jimmy's cool... I am a Parrot Head, I have to admit. A JB Fan from way back... You've got to love songs like Cheese Burger in Paradise and Honey, Let's Get Drunk and Screw. Classics!

What can I say? I am quite the hussy!! :hilarious:

Are you kidding--he actually has a song called Let's get Drunk and Screw? I've got to check that one out. Maybe he is my kind of man! :partytime:

ticky
03-31-2009, 01:50 PM
It's a great song!! you'll love it *G*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wFpvRMIIEM

TimothyBFan
03-31-2009, 02:08 PM
That just cracked me up!! :hilarious: Hey---who's the sexy bass player to Jimmy's left? :)

This is more what he looked like in my dream.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/JimmyBuffet.jpg
Like I said never been a big fan so why it was so vivid I really can't tell ya!

sodascouts
03-31-2009, 02:21 PM
LOL Sounds like some fun dream Willie! But something tells me Jimmy would come to regret inviting Tim to the island.... lol

P.S. That Buffett video proves Tim CAN pull off short hair! He's not showcased well in this one, but he is in some others.

Brooke
03-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Are you kidding--he actually has a song called Let's get Drunk and Screw? I've got to check that one out. Maybe he is my kind of man! :partytime:

It's no worse than Joe's I.L.B.T. !!!!!! :laugh:

Peekaboo
04-02-2009, 07:58 PM
This dream had to have happened because of my excitement about Don's upcoming solo concert here in Oklahoma...

I dreamed that a few of us Borderers were partying it up at my apartment before the show, watching the dvds, singing, laughing, just having a good time and getting pumped for the concert. I've met a couple of my fellow Borderers and have seen pics of others but I specifically remember seeing DonFan, Brooke, Lou, Soda, and Rhonda in my dream. We got to the concert a little early so we were just hanging out by some random doors and some guy comes out and asks if we were waiting to see Don. Of course we said yes and he started to lead us backstage to Don's dressing room for a meet and greet. Just as we were about to walk through the door I woke up. Dang it!!:brickwall: I always wake up when the good parts are about to happen.

Prettymaid
04-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Doesn't it make you want to go back to sleep so you can finish your dream? :nod:

sodascouts
04-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Shoot! I want her to go back to sleep, too! lol

DonFan
04-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Whoa, Peek--what an awesome dream--I'm so glad I was there! Go back to sleep and give us Part 2! :twisted:

Troubadour
04-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes! We demand an encore!

ticky
04-03-2009, 02:08 AM
This dream had to have happened because of my excitement about Don's upcoming solo concert here in Oklahoma...

I dreamed that a few of us Borderers were partying it up at my apartment before the show, watching the dvds, singing, laughing, just having a good time and getting pumped for the concert. I've met a couple of my fellow Borderers and have seen pics of others but I specifically remember seeing DonFan, Brooke, Lou, Soda, and Rhonda in my dream. We got to the concert a little early so we were just hanging out by some random doors and some guy comes out and asks if we were waiting to see Don. Of course we said yes and he started to lead us backstage to Don's dressing room for a meet and greet. Just as we were about to walk through the door I woke up. Dang it!!:brickwall: I always wake up when the good parts are about to happen.

And Joe, right? Joe was there.. "..and Rhonda disappeared around the corner with Joe." you forgot that part... now go back to sleep and finish up... *G*

Peekaboo
04-03-2009, 09:48 PM
I wish I could say that the dream continued last night but that would be a lie. I want to know what was about to happen just as much as the rest of you. Rhonda, I'm sorry to say that Joe was no where to be found in my dream. Although i know that it would've been great if he were there.

Peekaboo
04-06-2009, 08:48 AM
I didn't have time to get online and post this yesterday so I wrote on paper what I could remember during my breaks at work last night.

This dream occurred the night before last and it is definitely one of the oddest Eagles related dreams that I've ever had. Like my previous dream that I posted, I'm sure that this is because of the upcoming concert that Don is doing here in Oklahoma. Warning: It's a little long.

The dream started out with me holding my cousin’s baby and then all of a sudden I'm standing front row center at Don's concert...and I'm still holding the baby. Don's up on stage singing his heart out and after he finishes the song he looks over at me, walks to the edge of the stage and we just start chatting it up during the middle of the concert and nobody in the audience seemed to mind. I don't remember everything from our conversation but I do remember Don making some nice compliments on the cuteness of my cousin's baby (and she is a cutie). I apologized about him not getting his rose at the Columbia concert a few weeks ago (I threw all the guys roses at that concert and all but one of the roses made it on stage…many of you know that really happened). He told me that he remembered the other guys getting roses and was wondering why he didn’t get one. He said he felt a little left out (Awww, I’m so sorry Don). After what seemed like a long talk, I told Don that I had to take the baby back to my cousin and he said "Okay, I should really finish up this concert anyway. It was really nice talking to you." My cousin was sitting about 15 rows back and just as I made my way to where she was sitting, we heard a loud boom. Something went wrong with the sound equipment. Nothing was working and Don had to yell to let everybody know that they were having technical problems and it would be a while before they got everything fixed. Next thing I remember, I was walking around backstage and talking to a guy that, in my dream, was a friend of mine. I was telling him about how excited I was to have talked to Don and about how I’m a huge fan of his and the guy told me that he can get me a meet and greet with Don. For whatever reason, I told the guy “Thanks, but I don’t want to bother Don. I know he has a lot of things to do.” (WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING?!!!) The guy was insisting that I go with him to meet Don and I kept telling him “No”. He pulls me into the room where Don was and just as I turned around to walk out, I bumped into a shelf and knocked over everything on it. I was so embarrassed and everyone, including Don, was staring at me. Just as I was about to run out of there, my phone rang and woke me up.

I can’t believe that I declined a Don Henley meet and greet. I would NEVER do that in real life. Good thing it was just a dream.

Prettymaid
04-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Peek, it's funny that the guy was trying to get you to go to a meet n greet with Don when essentially you had just had a 'meet n greet' with him during his concert!

You sure do have a lot of dreams!

Peekaboo
04-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah, i thought that was weird about the meet and greets too. It seemed more like a random conversation than a M&G when i was talking to Don during the concert. Even still, whether it's just a dream or in real life, Always say YES when offered a chance to meet Don.

I just about always remember my dreams but I don't remember everything that happened or everything that was said. Before these last two dreams I posted, it had been quite a while that I had an Eagles related dream.

sodascouts
04-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Very interesting Peek! Yeah, that dream definitely did not reflect reality regarding the meet'n'greet. Probably, though, it reflects your subconscious conflict between wanting to be close to Don and know that as a fan, you won't be able to and therefore protecting yourself against disappointment. Just a guess!

I had a kind of odd Glenn dream a couple nights ago, which also had to do with a meet'n'greet. I dreamt Glenn was holding a meet'n'greet at the end of this long darkened hallway with dark red carpeting and dark mahogany walls. Lots of people were lined up to see him. They extended all the way down the hallway. I looked to see if there was anyone I knew, but couldn't find anybody. In fact, for some reason, everyone in the line seemed to resent me even being there, and were glaring at me. I went to the end of the line and the people in front of me started whispering about me nastily. Feeling ostracized and lonely, I glanced behind me and saw some movement in the shadows, just around the corner. Since I was last in line, I saw this and no one else did. I realized somehow that this was Glenn and quickly left the line to go around the corner.

Once around the corner, I met up with Glenn. He presented me with a plate of appetizers - chicken fingers and little hot dogs with dipping sauces. Yum! I took the plate and sat on the floor to eat. "Thanks!" I told him happily. I asked him if he wanted any, but he just shook his head, said "Those are for you," then sat down on a stool (randomly placed in the middle of a hallway!) and watched me chow down in companionable silence, lol. Then he said "I gotta do the meet'n'greet, but wait here - I'll be back." He went off and I woke up before he came back. At least the dream ended happily, though!

ticky
04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Soda, I have to tell you, I laughed so hard when I read this. I just love your dreams! They're so random. I love the visual of Glenn bringing you a plate of chicken wings and Vienna sausages and you sitting on the floor and chowing down while he keeps you company! LOL that's awesome!!

Jess, Funny you'd be so open and welcome to talking to Don on stage DURING the concert and running from a backstage M&G! *G* but we know better *G*

Prettymaid
04-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Soda, I too was laughing out loud as I read your dream- chicken fingers and little hot dogs - for some reason that's just so da** funny!

Glennsallnighter
04-12-2009, 04:03 AM
Soda, I love your dream. Shows Glenn :heart: has his priorities right when it comes to his real fans. Lol! I'd probably have been in the crowd but I wouldn't have been hostile to you!

I had a dream last night that I was listening to the radio when a snippet of POMPOY came on, followed by an announcement that Glenn :heart: was going to do a solo show in Dublin and that tickets would be on sale the following Thursday. I Grabbed Laura ad we started dancing with joy. I knew the money for front row would be found by that Thursday and I also remember texting GEF, Soda, and FP specifically!

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2009, 08:13 PM
I've been getting a lot of sleep this week :wink: .Here's another: The fortress was inspired I think by one on a hill which we visited in Budapest last year.
I was dreaming that I was visiting an old fortress on a hill and the sun was just setting. I was with my parents and we were just leaving when I saw a hall (like a great hall in a castle) made up with mics for a gig. Then I looked to my left and Glenn :heart: was there just waiting to go on, dressed as in NFA. So I walked up to him and said 'excuse me, would you mind if my mom took my pic with you'. And he smiled really big and nice and said
'Sure Honey........Why Not?'
and started to put his arm round me :inlove: Then I woke up, with that lovely warm fuzzy feeling. I just wanted to head right back there!

Peekaboo
04-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Then I woke up, with that lovely warm fuzzy feeling. I just wanted to head right back there!

Those are some of the best moments, aren't they?!!

eaglesvet
04-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm waaaayy behind in this dream thread. I agree with Ticky! JB is GREAT in concert---he does have lots of wonderful songs. And it sounds like he might be quite into swinging, at least in your dreams!

Koala
04-21-2009, 04:15 AM
Last night I had a nice dream:
The phone rang and somebody said I would have won tickets for a Glenn Frey concert! The first row! :partytime:
The concert was brilliant he played The Allnighter, POMPOY, Partytown, River of Dreams and a many more songs , also , he still played some Eagles songs.
Then he announced a specially gast and Don Henley came on the stage! Don played some of his Solo songs and a few Eagles songs, too, to the end have sung both together Desperado.

eaglesvet
04-21-2009, 04:37 AM
Ooh, I hope this dream was in real-time. What a great way to spend 2 or 3 hours of your night!

Freypower
04-21-2009, 07:11 PM
The phone rang and somebody said I would have won tickets for a Glenn Frey concert! The first row! :partytime:
The concert was brilliant he played The Allnighter, POMPOY, Partytown, River of Dreams and a many more songs , also , he still played some Eagles songs.
Then he announced a specially gast and Don Henley came on the stage! Don played some of his Solo songs and a few Eagles songs, too, to the end have sung both together Desperado.

That is great, Koala.

This is really getting into the realms of fantasy now, but wouldn't it be great if Glenn and Don played some of their solo songs together (not the ones they have done with the band).

The idea of them singing Desperado together is interesting. They could switch verses. They would, of course, BOTH have to stand centre stage not playing guitar (ahem... see below).

Troubadour
04-21-2009, 07:17 PM
I like your thinking, Fp!

Koala
04-22-2009, 01:20 AM
That is great, Koala.

This is really getting into the realms of fantasy now, but wouldn't it be great if Glenn and Don played some of their solo songs together (not the ones they have done with the band).

Such a concert I would visit of Glenn and Don with pleasure sometimes, not only in my dreams.

The idea of them singing Desperado together is interesting. They could switch verses. They would, of course, BOTH have to stand centre stage not playing guitar (ahem... see below).
I like your idea!
This version of Desperado I would hear a with pleasure!

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2009, 04:28 AM

I hope I was with you in the dream Koala!

Koala
04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I hope I was with you in the dream Koala!
You were there with certainty! :partytime:

EagleLady
05-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Ok, I had one last night, I was at a barbecue party, and Had my swimming suit on and Don walks up to me and says " hi honey would you like a swim"? and I, of course said yes, so we went swimming, and he took me in his arms :inlove:

Glennsallnighter
05-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Awwww! How sweet EL!

Troubadour
05-04-2009, 08:37 AM
I dreamt last night that I missed my flight to the States. I overslept and got there at 12.15pm, but my flight was scheduled for 10.15am (that's true.) I was panicking and running up and down the terminal, talking to various people, trying to buy another ticket for a flight that afternoon, but nothing was available. In the end, I had to concede that I couldn't go. I couldn't afford to buy another ticket, and if I left it for a couple of days, the trip would be so short it wouldn't be worth it. The stuff of nightmares!!

To rub salt into the wounds, some guy came in just as I was leaving and proceeded to set up some sort of exhibition in the terminal. I went to have a look, and it was all autographed pictures of celebrities. Guess who was on the third photo along the table? Don Henley!

Needless to say I'm going to set about five different alarms all around my bedroom for the morning of the 13th...

TimothyBFan
05-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Boy Lou, Way to stress out already!!! :hilarious: Settle down now and enjoy the anticipation. You will be here before you know it! Let's face it--you won't be sleeping the night before you leave anyways so you know you aren't going to miss that flight! :thumbsup:

EagleLady
05-04-2009, 10:45 AM
I had another one last night and it was funny, I had Glenn and Don fighting over me :hilarious:

Troubadour
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Let's face it--you won't be sleeping the night before you leave anyways so you know you aren't going to miss that flight! :thumbsup:

So true, Willie!

eaglesvet
05-04-2009, 11:09 AM
So true, Willie!
Lou, I checked to be sure the 13th wasn't a Friday!

Troubadour
05-04-2009, 11:12 AM
LOL. No, thank goodness! A nice, unassuming Wednesday ;)

Peekaboo
05-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Oh Lou!! What a nightmare :fear:!!! Thank goodness it was only a dream. You might want to double that and set about 10 different alarms just to be on the safe side. :)

Koala
05-05-2009, 01:17 AM
WOW Troub, this was really a nightmare!

Glennsallnighter
05-05-2009, 05:43 AM
What a NIGHTMARE Lou! If you like I'll phone you to MAKE SURE you are up! Lol!

Prettymaid
05-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Lou, you know that was just a bad dream because you wouldn't miss this for the world!

EagleLady
05-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I was dreaming last night I got to meet Don :heart: but as soon as I began to look in his eyes and tell him How much I appreciated his music, I woke up :weep:

Glennsallnighter
05-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Been there with Glenn :heart: Elisa! WHY does it always happen like that?:brickwall:

EagleLady
05-10-2009, 10:49 AM
I don't know, but it is incredibly cruel :-(

sodascouts
05-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Time for another bizarre dream of mine, from last night!

In my dream, I'm onstage performing, wearing a guitar and singing, with four other people: my two sisters, a guy who looks like the lead singer from the All-American Rejects (http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05n77FhaRG0Yc/340x.jpg) who in the dream is named Tommy, and Bernie Leadon. We're singing "Hotel California" and - in my dream - we are the Eagles. It's a special event to honor Linda Ronstadt, who got us together. We're all in formal wear and the audience is set up at tables like they would be for something like MusiCares.

But as I'm up there, something doesn't feel right to me. I know something is very wrong with the "Eagles." What could it be? I look around and see Tommy, and think, "That's what's wrong. He's not an Eagle." Why not? "We kicked him out of the band years ago, but oh well, he was an original member so it was only right to let him play with us tonight when we honor Linda."

Since in my mind I've figured out why the whole scenario feels so wrong, I relax a little... until I realize, I don't know how to play the guitar I'm wearing. Nobody seems to notice, though, because there are so many guitarists playing and everyone is concentrating on their part. I pretend to strum and I keep singing harmony on "Hotel California." My palms are sweating and I'm starting to panic since I'm a singer/guitarist and I can't play my guitar, but I don't want to draw attention to the fact by freaking out. I don't have any solos, so I figure, I'll just fake it for now. Then, after the show, I can try to figure out why after all these years I suddenly no longer know how to play the guitar.

The song ends and the band members start to leave the stage. I turn to follow them offstage and then my younger sister K. whispers, "Where are you going? This is the part where you play 'Take It Easy' by yourself. You stay onstage, the rest of us get offstage."

I know I can't do it. I turn to the audience and say "We'll be right back!" and hurry offstage. All of us get backstage and everyone is furious with me. My old sister N. asks, "Why aren't you out there playing 'Take It Easy'?"

"Because.... um.... because I don't think they just want to see me. They want to see the EAGLES! It's a group thing. Why should I play alone?" I'm still covering, trying not to show I can't play guitar anymore.

Everyone just keeps getting angrier, except Bernie, who looks bored and is plucking at his banjo by a picnic table in the middle of the backstage area. K holds up an invitation to the event where it clearly says "Take It Easy" on the songlist. "You've never turned down a chance to play alone before. What, did you forget you were supposed to do it?"

"Yes," I say. "You know how forgetful I am." She looks disgusted, but I press on. "I didn't rehearse it, so I can't play it alone. We all have to get out there and do it."

K. snaps, "How could you forget? We talked about it! You said I couldn't do 'End of the Innocence' because there wasn't time, that we were finishing with 'Take It Easy'!"

Tommy adds shrilly, 'How can you say you need to rehearse it? You've been playing it for years! You know it by heart! This is BS!"

I can't answer, because I should know it by heart, and I don't understand why I don't. So, instead of answering, I run back out onstage and grab a microphone. Do I attempt to play it myself? No, I pull a fast one. "Now, for a special treat, all the Eagles are going to come up here and do 'Take It Easy' for you!" I turn around towards the backstage area. "Come on out, guys!"

Everyone cheers. The band all comes back onstage, glaring at me resentfully, but not wanting to cause a scene by refusing to come out after I've announced them. "You think you're so smooth, don't you? You always have to have your way," Tommy spits at me under his breath, but I'm so relieved the whole band is out there that I don't care.

Then... I look out at the audience.... and I see Glenn Frey and Don Henley dressed like they were for the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame induction (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesRRHOF.jpg) sitting at a table with Linda Ronstadt. "Wow, Glenn and Don are here!" I think excitedly, then pause... "But wait, they're Eagles, why aren't they up here onstage...this isn't right..."

Then I woke up before my brain melted. ;)

Maleah
05-10-2009, 12:25 PM
:shock: wow nancy! That's.......wow! :hilarious:

EagleLady
05-10-2009, 12:26 PM
and I thought my dreams were bad :hilarious:

ticky
05-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Once again Soda, your dreams are a great source of amuzement!! hehehe

until I realize, I don't know how to play the guitar I'm wearing. Nobody seems to notice, though, because there are so many guitarists playing and everyone is concentrating on their part. I pretend to strum and I keep singing harmony on "Hotel California."

(with the possibility of incurring the wrath of all the Don fans out there...)
You must have been taking Don's place in your dream *ducking and hiding from the flying tomatos* IM just kidding... You know I love Don...*G* (you should have turned it over and played drums on the back!)

Then I woke up before my brain melted. ;)

Damn time space continuum ~ Doesn't recognize the dream world boundaries! :hilarious:

Troubadour
05-10-2009, 01:58 PM
(with the possibility of incurring the wrath of all the Don fans out there...)
You must have been taking Don's place in your dream *ducking and hiding from the flying tomatos* IM just kidding... You know I love Don...*G* (you should have turned it over and played drums on the back!)

Come over 'ere and say that!!!!

:hilarious: Just kidding. I love him, but we all have, uh, weaker areas... Thanks for exposing your unconscious to us, Soda!

Prettymaid
05-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Aha! The typical "I do this all the time but suddenly have forgotten how and am panicking" dream! (i have them all the time!) :hilarious: :blush:

sodascouts
05-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I've had 'em before too, PM! The weird thing about this one was that in real life, I've never known how to play the guitar in the first place, much less forgotten it! lol

And ticky - lol! That didn't occur to me. ;)

TimothyBFan
05-11-2009, 07:46 AM
What a dream Soda--I was practically rolling on the ground reading it! I sometimes wish I would have dreams like that--how entertaining!

Maleah
05-16-2009, 12:18 PM
I actually had an Eagles dream early this morning. LOL I'll see what I can remember of it....it was a little weird. lol

The guys were doing an outdoor show and they were in the middle of the concert (or so I thought). I had a picture of each individual Eagle and a stack of those new Sharpie pens and was all set to run to the small fence that separated the crowd from the guys and beg for an autograph. Well somehow a huge gust of wind came up and I went running out in the field behind the guys to retrieve my pictures, only to find they had never blown away. Don't ask me....apparently I was crazy. Anyway, I hear Glenn saying thank you and I realize the concert is ending. I break a record for speed as I run back to get my pictures. They're walking by the fence and I go running up and say "Don! Glenn! Would you sign these for me?" (I have no idea why I left out Joe and Tim....but Tim gets his glory later ;) ). Don turns to me as he's walking with a disgusted look on his face and says "Do you have any idea how sickening it gets to hear that all the time?" and both him and Glenn just kept walking. So I hear someone saying wait they're going around the side of the building! So apparently I get the bright idea that I know exactly where they are heading! Being the speedy character that I am (well...in the dream anyway) I'm where I want to be in an instant. I'm standing underneath this little overhang and there's a little path where vehicles can come to drop people off or pick them up. I'm bummed at first because I don't see ANYONE.....not even fans. Well suddenly Tim comes RUNNING around the corner just as this little van/truck pulls up. It looks like one of those little milk trucks or ice cream trucks. Odd. Anyway.....after I pick my jaw up off the floor I say Tim! Would you sign this for me please? "Certainly!" he says and graciously takes the photo and my sharpie pen and signs it. "So you're a fan of these little things eh?" He asks. "Yeah they're pretty cool" I say." We chat for a couple more minutes and I say "Timothy I just want to thank you for being so gracious and patient. It really means the world to me. Don doesn't realize how much a single word can tear someone down. But I've never seen you be rude or mean to anyone and I have a lot of respect for you for that." "aww well thank you" he says and gives me a hug before he says he has to run. And he hops in the little milk van and the driver screeches away! As if all that wasn't weird enough........I suddenly hear people yelling "HERE THEY COME, HERE THEY COME!" And I go running to find this black SUV that's longer than most driving down the road. We all go running to stand by the side and suddenly.....the SUV starts moving into the air! It flies away as I see Don and Glenn looking out the window smirking. :-x :hilarious:

Don't ask me to explain it :shrug:

EagleLady
05-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Well, I am glad Don and Glenn are never that rude in real life :nod:

sodascouts
05-17-2009, 02:16 AM
Wow, intense dream Maleah! At least Tim was nice.

melrose
05-18-2009, 06:16 PM
:rofl: Maleah, you had me cracking up with the thought of Timothy making his exit in an ice cream/milk truck! And I'm sure glad that Don and Glenn aren't really like that in person.

TimothyBFan
05-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Well suddenly Tim comes RUNNING around the corner just as this little van/truck pulls up. It looks like one of those little milk trucks or ice cream trucks.

:hilarious: Why do the words of David Lee Roth go thru my head when I read this...
"I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by, see now all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy"

Oh Yeah Baby!!! :drool:

Troubadour
05-19-2009, 01:04 PM
The poor kids in the neighbourhood wouldn't stand a chance! ;)

EagleLady
05-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Last Night, I dreamt I was hired as Don's massusse (sp) and I got to massage his strong shoulders and arms :fainted:

Glennsallnighter
05-20-2009, 04:57 AM
Nice job if you can get it Elisa!!

The other night I dreamt that I had a tour book from Glenn:I heart:'s Live in Dublin gig in 1992. Then woke up wondering if in fact such a tour book exists and WHERE THE HELL CAN I LOCATE IT!!!

Freypower
05-20-2009, 11:40 PM
You raise an interesting point, GA. I have NEVER heard of a Strange Weather or even a POT tour book. You would have thought if one existed it would have surfaced by now.

Glennsallnighter
05-21-2009, 04:59 AM
Yeah! There MUST have been a book! Its not like it was a once off date or anything. It was a full tour.
That would certainly make some interesting bedtime reading if I could get my hot little hands on one of those........ mmmmmm :inlove:

Troubadour
05-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I had a dream last night. I was sitting in exactly the same place as I was at the Jackson Browne concert, and it was post-show but people were just kind of milling around. Julie (Freypower) was sitting a couple of seats to my left, with her daughter, who was only about 2 or 3. Don Henley wandered up the stairs (I think it was his show, not JB's, although I don't remember any of the set) and Julie leapt up to grab his attention. She asked very politely if he would be able to come over and say hello to her young daughter as she was a huge fan. Don smiled, said "Sure" and followed her back to her seat. By this point, my heart was racing! He sat down in Julie's seat and looked down at the little girl who was playing/hiding on the floor between the seats. He leaned forward, stroked her hair and said "Hello gorgeous girl." Julie's daughter giggled but went all shy and scampered off under the seat towards her mum. Don chuckled and slumped back in his seat, sighing. He saw me watching and smiled. "Story of my life." I remember thinking "Yeah RIGHT!"

There was a couple of moments of silence but he still sat there. I wanted to grab my opportunity so I said "OK, I know this was kind of a crazy thing to do..." (he looked at me a little bit worried - lol) "but I flew out to the States by myself to see you in your recent Oklahoma shows." He stared at me with a half-smile and said "You did not!" I laughed and nodded. "I held up a sign at one of them." He looked at me and the realisation obviously dawned on him. He said "That was you?" and then started laughing to himself for a good couple of minutes, while I sat there amused but blushing.

Then, I asked him for a photo and he agreed and leaned back in his seat next to me. I turned my camera around to take it myself, said thanks, and he left. When I looked at the camera, the picture hadn't come out at all. So I followed him out into the foyer and said "I'm really sorry, but my photo didn't turn out well. Is there any chance I could just take another one quickly?" He took out his own camera phone and said "Sure. We'll take it with this one. I like to keep them as, uh, souvenirs." I was a bit confused and said "Oh, OK... So you'll send it to me, yeah?" He just grinned and said "Stand behind me and put your head on my shoulder." I obliged, naturally. I remember he was wearing a denim jacket. And he took the picture. He looked at it, smiled, obviously pleased, and started to walk off, grinning at me.

Then I woke up.

So... Don... if you're reading this... I WANT MY PHOTOGRAPH PLEASE!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Oh - that's a cute one, troub. Too bad Rosalind freaked out - otherwise she could have taken a picture of you and Don with your camera, and then you wouldn't have to wait for Don to send it to you. :lol:

Prettymaid
05-22-2009, 11:48 AM
"Stand behind me and put your head on my shoulder"...??!!??!
Un-freakin-believable!!!

Troubadour
05-22-2009, 12:42 PM
"Stand behind me and put your head on my shoulder"...??!!??!
Un-freakin-believable!!!

Yes, I'm glad I behaved like a true feminist and refused his request, rather than adhering to his every command... :blush:

EagleLady
05-22-2009, 12:56 PM
I can't believe you refused him Lou, I wouldn't have, or should I say, I couldn't :hilarious:

Prettymaid
05-22-2009, 01:24 PM
He just grinned and said "Stand behind me and put your head on my shoulder." I obliged, naturally.

She didn't refuse him EL - she's being facetious! ;-) (Atta girl Troub!)

EagleLady
05-22-2009, 01:27 PM
:oops: I didn't read it the whole way

Glennsallnighter
05-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Wow Troub. Looks like your 3-gig experience this week has totally muddled your head! What a brilliant dream! I hope you get that pic :wink:

Freypower
05-22-2009, 06:55 PM
I had a dream last night. I was sitting in exactly the same place as I was at the Jackson Browne concert, and it was post-show but people were just kind of milling around. Julie (Freypower) was sitting a couple of seats to my left, with her daughter, who was only about 2 or 3. Don Henley wandered up the stairs (I think it was his show, not JB's, although I don't remember any of the set) and Julie leapt up to grab his attention. She asked very politely if he would be able to come over and say hello to her young daughter as she was a huge fan. Don smiled, said "Sure" and followed her back to her seat. By this point, my heart was racing! He sat down in Julie's seat and looked down at the little girl who was playing/hiding on the floor between the seats. He leaned forward, stroked her hair and said "Hello gorgeous girl." Julie's daughter giggled but went all shy and scampered off under the seat towards her mum. Don chuckled and slumped back in his seat, sighing. He saw me watching and smiled. "Story of my life." I remember thinking "Yeah RIGHT!"

Troub, this is a great dream but I wonder why my daughter features so prominently in it, and at such a young age (given that she is now 10)? If I had been in that situation I would not have been able to speak. I do sense, however, that something is missing there. 'That was just a dream'.... etc. Thankfullyl it turned out OK for you!:angel:

Troubadour
05-22-2009, 07:03 PM
I have no idea! It was quite random. Although I do remember that your daughter resembled Stephanie, one of Jess's friends' kiddies that I met out in Oklahoma. Why she was your daughter remains a mystery though! ;)

Trust me, you worked magic in that dream! I remember wishing I could have been that confident in the presence of an Eagle.

Peekaboo
05-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Lou, I loved that dream!! Even though it was only a dream, I'm still all excited for you that he asked you to put your head on his shoulder. Even though it was FP's daughter, that still made me smile knowing that she resembled Stefani. Aww, now you got me missing my little neice.

Peekaboo
05-23-2009, 12:35 AM
I remember wishing I could have been that confident in the presence of an Eagle.

A word of advice to anybody that sees an Eagles or Don solo concert with Lou....make sure your hands out of reach of hers. When we saw Don walk on stage for the first time at the Downstream concert, she grabbed and squeezed my hand so hard :laugh:. Thank goodness I wasn't wearing a ring on that hand, it might've left a bruise. ;)

Maleah
05-23-2009, 01:04 AM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me literally laugh out loud because that's the same thing my friend who went with me to the Chicago show said. She told EVERYBODY "be glad you weren't sitting next to Maleah in the 5th row when they first came out. She kept hitting my leg and grabbing my arm so bad that I have bruises. All I heard over and over again was 'OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH! LOOK THERE'S DON! IT'S DON!'." I assure you though....it was nowhere near that bad. :lie: :nahnah:

Troubadour
05-23-2009, 12:36 PM
A word of advice to anybody that sees an Eagles or Don solo concert with Lou....make sure your hands out of reach of hers. When we saw Don walk on stage for the first time at the Downstream concert, she grabbed and squeezed my hand so hard :laugh:. Thank goodness I wasn't wearing a ring on that hand, it might've left a bruise. ;)

You give me five days of warm hospitality, endless booze and Eagles goodies, and how do I repay you? Good old fashioned ASSAULT!

I'm so sorry! I must have been a bit excited... :blush:

Peekaboo
05-24-2009, 07:29 PM
You give me five days of warm hospitality, endless booze and Eagles goodies, and how do I repay you? Good old fashioned ASSAULT!

I'm so sorry! I must have been a bit excited... :blush:

It's all good, Lou. No harm done. I know that you were just so excited about seeing them man in the flesh, um, i mean in person ;-).

Freypower
05-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I had a dream last night which was quite vivid, but it only involved the televised announcement of the Australian tour. With the AC/DC tour set for March, somehow my brain replaced them with the Eagles in the TV ad (I have decided that even though AC/DC are not here until March, there is no way the Eagles will come here at the end of this year and then risk being overshadowed by AC/DC).

Anyway the TV ad was very big and full of excitement but it was as I say more like the AC/DC ad. The word 'Eagles' was in big red letters but the big surprise was that they were wearing jeans and when the camera focused on Glenn he was centre stage clutching the mic stand and he didn't have a guitar. He was wearing his Travis Tritt HFO outfit. :shock: The film was in black and white, though.

That was when I knew that this had reached the very limits of absurdity and I woke up. :rolleyes:

Peekaboo
05-28-2009, 03:45 AM
I must admit that I'm a bit :jealous: after reading about everybody's dreams they've had recently. It's been so long since any of the guys have made an appearance in my dreams. I'm pretty sure that it's been a few months now.

Fan_For_Life
05-28-2009, 06:41 AM
I actually had a dream involving an Eagle. Weird and very quick but here goes.... I was sitting across the table from Don next to my computer table, we were looking serious at each other he was holding a pad of paper and a pen, the words out of my mouth were,, "I don't know how much this is all going to cost, you're the one with the paper". Next thing I turn around to view a screen with a bunch of stuff I didn't understand. I look at him and say, "none of this makes sense", I turn look at him as he's getting up out of his chair, he leans down next to me, puts his hand on the computer mouse says "well lets see" and,,,,I wake up.

Jojo
05-28-2009, 07:54 AM
I actually had a dream involving an Eagle. Weird and very quick but here goes.... I was sitting across the table from Don next to my computer table, we were looking serious at each other he was holding a pad of paper and a pen, the words out of my mouth were,, "I don't know how much this is all going to cost, you're the one with the paper". Next thing I turn around to view a screen with a bunch of stuff I didn't understand. I look at him and say, "none of this makes sense", I turn look at him as he's getting up out of his chair, he leans down next to me, puts his hand on the computer mouse says "well lets see" and,,,,I wake up.
You woke up!!!!! That's too bad. LOL

sodascouts
06-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Really short but had this one last night:

I dreamt I saw Don in a restaurant - he was dining alone, eating a salad - and I sat at his table across from him. He didn't seem surprised, but looked bored. He pushed the bread basket at me and I took a dinner roll and started chomping on it. After a few bites, I broke the silence by asking him, "Wanna hear the latest gossip about Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham?"

He perked up and replied, "Oooh yes! I love all that drama!"

"Me too!" I answered, glad I could contribute something to the conversation which up until then had been absolutely dead.

Just as I was about to begin my story, he looked over my shoulder and whispered, "Wait! Who's that coming in?" I turned around and it was Lindsey and Stevie!

"Shoot, Don, I'm so glad you spotted them - it would have been so embarrassing if they had overheard me," I sighed with relief. "Thanks for letting me know."

"No problem," Don replied. "That's happened to me before so I always keep an eye out. Anyway, you can tell me more later."

Then I woke up.

Prettymaid
06-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Okay dream interpreters - what the heck does that mean??!!??

(Soda, I just love your dreams)

EagleLady
06-02-2009, 12:11 PM
I had a dream that had Joe in it, similar to Lou's story being on the side of the road after a flat.

AzEaglesFan
06-02-2009, 03:23 PM
I finally had my first Eagles dream. Too much pizza I think. I was at an Eagles concert with a LOT of other people (members of the Border, I'm sure). We were all seated in front of Joe and we kept motioning for him to mess his hair up because we didn't like it slicked back. Finally he took both hands and messed his hair up and suddening it looked just like it does in the black leather picture. We all clapped and cheered. Timothy and Glenn were doubled over laughing, Don was back on drums laughing and shaking his head. When I woke up I couldn't get over how real it all seemed. :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
06-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Great dreams both Soda and AzEF!! Now all we need is for them to come true!! :pray:

Prettymaid
06-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Awww AZ, if only!

AzEaglesFan
06-02-2009, 08:45 PM
right, I still havn't got to see them in person YET:weep:

Peekaboo
06-03-2009, 07:26 AM
This is the first Eagley dream i've had in months. I'm doing my best to remember it since I had the dream 2 days ago so bear with me on this.

My friend, Christie, came up to me at work and said that she had tickets for us to the Eagles concert that night. I didn't even know that there was a concert going on but of course I was more than happy to go with her. We left work immediately. When we arrived at the venue we saw that there were only a few people there. We just figured that we were early so we decided that we would kill some time and walk around. We walked for what seemed like forever. Just as we walked into the restrooms I heard people cheering and I knew that the house lights went down and the guys were about to walk on stage. We hurried to our seats but we didn't know where they were. I was starting to freak out and Christie pointed out 2 empty seats near the front. I didn't think that they were our seats but we went to sit in them anyway. As we got to our seats, the song started. I looked up to see the guys dancing in unison (like Nsync or the backstreet boys) but they looked just like they did back in the 70's. I couldn't believe it. I don't even remember what song they were playing but in my dream they were still rocking out and the audience was totally into it, as were Christie and I. I was recording this with my camera because (even in my dream) I knew that my fellow Borderers would love to see this performance. The first song was over and they walked off stage. I was surprised to see that they left the stage after just one song but they returned immediatly. Everyone started cheering loud because they came back out looking like they did during HFO. They started into a song but there was no dancing this time. I don't remember the second song they played but again they left after the song was over. They came back out this time looking like they do right now. This time, everybody in the entire arena was on their feet and cheering. The guys started into How Long and just when they got to Don's part of the song I woke up.

Having this dream doesn't help with the PDW and the fact that I badly want to go to another concert.

sodascouts
06-03-2009, 07:36 AM
The guys looking like they did in the 70s and dancing like N*Sync??? Oh my gosh that dream is awesome! lol!!!

TimothyBFan
06-03-2009, 07:44 AM
This is the first Eagley dream i've had in months.

"Eagley"-another one for the Eagle dictionary! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
06-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Wow, reminds me of a Beatles tribute band I saw once. They came out three different times dressed in three different Beatles eras.

I don't know what you guys are eating before you go to bed, but as the lady in the restaurant scene says in the movie When Harry Met Sally, "I'll have what she's having!"

Peekaboo
06-03-2009, 08:24 AM
The guys looking like they did in the 70s and dancing like N*Sync??? Oh my gosh that dream is awesome! lol!!!

It's gotta be one of the craziest things to try to picture in your head but I can still clearly see the image of all of the guys dancing and singing. :hilarious:

luvthelighthouse
06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Wow, reminds me of a Beatles tribute band I saw once. They came out three different times dressed in three different Beatles eras.

PM, do you live in IL? If so, was that band American English?

As for the Peek's dream, I would have loved that! I've seen N'Sync in concert a few times :blush: and to see the guys doing backflips and dancing would have craked me up!

EagleLady
06-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I had another dream with Joe in it last night ( Rhonda don't kill me :hilarious:) I was at a guitar shop looking for guitars and Joe walks in and asks which one I was looking at, and I don't remember what I said after that unfortunately, But I picked one up and we jammed together, then he gave me a big hug!

Troubadour
06-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Fab dream, Jess. I doubt the guys would have been pleased that they aged 20 years in a few minutes... but you got the best of both worlds!

ticky
06-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I LOVE the mental image I have of the guys dancing like N'sync but I see them more like The Jackson Five since they're in their 70's look *G* Still I can just see it perfectly! *G* GREAT Dream PB!

El *G* feel free to Jam with Joe anytime *G*

Im not remembering my dreams lately, I think I'm so exhausted when I finally DO go to bed, I just sleep too deeply. Once the garden is in, I can slow down a little and maybe get my sleep habits back to normal *G*

EagleLady
06-03-2009, 11:44 AM
I have had Joe on the brain lately, maybe there is a sign? :lol:

Prettymaid
06-03-2009, 02:54 PM
PM, do you live in IL? If so, was that band American English?

I do live in IL LTL. I can't remeber what the band was called but that doesn't sound familiar.

06-03-2009, 08:48 PM
PB - now THAT was a very cool dream. Too bad you had to wake up from that one. I rarely ever dream, or if I do, I don't remember them. It sure would be nice to see these guys in my dreams some night.

Freypower
06-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, I certainly enjoyed this dream. I hope the rest of you find it ... interesting.

They were playing at a vineyard in my old home area the Hunter Valley, north of Sydney (I don't know why I am so obsessed with getting them to play there - if Neil Young and Jackson Browne can, why can't they)? It was near the end of the show and Joe was singing Rocky Mountain Way. All the women were screaming at him and Joe was playing up to them being very cool. He was wearing a striped shirt and looked good.

My eyes however were fixed on centre stage during Heartache Tonight (which turned out to be the last song - and frankly that was quite alright with me). Glenn was in his white shirt and tie. I dared to take a photo of him and he looked down at me and gave me a half annoyed look. I looked back in abject .... whatever... and mouthed' sorry' but with a look that tried to say 'can't you see how badly I want a photo of you'.

The next thing I know he comes down from the stage and gives me a personalised 'guest' bracelet with the exact time of day that he gave it to me. He had to keep checking his watch to make sure he got it right. He was extremely charming and friendly, not aloof at all. I just stared at him. I felt I had never been so happy. This blissful state actually lasted until I woke up - I was allowed to retain the feeling that it had actually happened for about 20 minutes.

:blush::faint:

Prettymaid
06-04-2009, 07:28 PM
The next thing I know he comes down from the stage and gives me a personalised 'guest' bracelet with the exact time of day that he gave it to me. He had to keep checking his watch to make sure he got it right.

What the...??!!?? That is bizarre!!! But so cool! Do they really make such a bracelet or did you dream it up? Maybe you should patent it!

Freypower
06-04-2009, 07:34 PM
PM, of course I just dreamed it up! I must have been thinking of the Roxy show where he had to wear an identity bracelet like everyone else before they would let him in. :shy:

Prettymaid
06-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Excellent dream FP. I'm so glad Glenn was friendly toward you. It didn't seem like that would be the case at the beginning!

And I couldn't help but notice that Joe was "very cool" in your dream. (Of course, everybody knows he's cool!)

TimothyBFan
06-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Had a dream last night that I was in an antique or 2nd hand store and was looking thru old magazine cutouts and pictures that were in alphabetical order and was so excited that I found an old 2 page add for guitars that had Tim in it. It was in 2 pieces and stapled together but I didn't care. I even remember there was a sign over the table that said "$2.50 each". I held it up to someone and said "don't worry, I'll look for Joe next!". Maybe Rhonda or Cathy were there also. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
06-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks for thinking of me! :hilarious:

(Is there some kind of dream elixer I could take?)

TimothyBFan
06-05-2009, 07:59 AM
I don't dream much and when I do, they are pretty tame compared to some people here, with the exception of the whole Jimmy Buffet one I had quite awhile back. That one was pretty strange.

GlennLover
06-05-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't remember dreams often, but when I do remember any they are never about the Eagles :-( and I usually have been on "The Border", watching a video or listening to their music just before going to bed. Sometimes I even take my iPod to bed with me and fall asleep listening to them. I don't know what more I can do :shrug:.

Maleah
06-05-2009, 10:34 PM
I don't normally have weird or crazy dreams either but every now and then one just pops out of nowhere and doesn't make ANY sense at all. lol Like that one I had a while ago with Timmy in the milk truck. LOL

Fan_For_Life
06-06-2009, 05:56 AM
I don't remember dreams often, but when I do remember any they are never about the Eagles :-( and I usually have been on "The Border", watching a video or listening to their music just before going to bed. Sometimes I even take my iPod to bed with me and fall asleep listening to them. I don't know what more I can do :shrug:.

I don't dream alot or just don't remember most of them by the time I wake up. When I do dream it's usually repetitive. It would be nice if this were a new trend for my night time slumber. :)

06-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I admire your dedication, GL! Maybe we can combine your ipod idea with PM's Eagles dream elixir idea and come up with some magic potion! :lol:

GlennLover
06-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Great idea, Dreamer!:laugh: Surely that would work!

Koala
06-07-2009, 03:08 AM
My dream from last night:

I sat with my family and friends in the garden but it was not our but he looked like PM's!
When I heard quiet music, I turned and saw our guys in the rear garden and playing guitar.
They played all my favorite songs! Then Glenn winked at me and said this song is just for you!
Unfortunately I do not know what song because at this moment I woke up, damned!

Troubadour
06-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Sounds like a great start, Koala. Shame you woke up before you got to the really good stuff!

I had a dream last night about Lisa (GA) and myself flying out to Florida to see the guys in concert. I can't remember too much, except that it was a nightmare journey and, at one point, we found ourselves in a small, dingy town somewhere during a layover, anxious about making it to the venue in time. Carla (Stars) was there too, although she was blonde with large hoop earrings - I've seen a picture of her, so I know she looks nothing like my dream! lol. Anyway, we made it to the venue in time and Lisa and I were up dancing at the front, right in front of Glenn. He kept giving her LOADS of attention, and everytime he smiled or winked at her, she'd grab my arm and scream. (Probably not too far from reality!) ;) That's about all I can remember - but it gave me a chuckle when I woke up.

Glennsallnighter
06-07-2009, 05:17 PM
No Lou! Remember, it actually happened! (I wish...... :pray:)
What a dream!!

Prettymaid
06-07-2009, 06:16 PM
My dream from last night:

I sat with my family and friends in the garden but it was not our but he looked like PM's!
When I heard quiet music, I turned and saw our guys in the rear garden and playing guitar.
They played all my favorite songs! Then Glenn winked at me and said this song is just for you!

Unfortunately I do not know what song because at this moment I woke up, damned!

Yes Koala, it's true. The guys flew back here for one night and set up in my secret garden and played some songs --- NOW I AM DREAMING!!! :hilarious:

Koala
06-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Nice dream, Troub.

It really is a shame that I do not know what song Glenn just wanted to sing for me. I think it was certainly The Allnighter!!!!

GlennLover
06-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Yes, it must have been the Allnighter! :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
06-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I admire your dedication, GL! Maybe we can combine your ipod idea with PM's Eagles dream elixir idea and come up with some magic potion! :lol:

Now I wonder if we could figure out a way to use that magic potion to make these dreams come true. :hmm:

sodascouts
06-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Oh my gosh, I had an amazing Eagles dream last night!

I dreamt that I was going to see the Eagles at a small theater at Purdue! When I say small, I mean SMALL. The theater maybe had about 200 seats. When I got there, I saw that I knew lots of people. Many of my Purdue friends were there, as well as TimothyBFan and PrettyMaid. Also, three of my cousins walked in and sat down next to me.

Astonishingly, though, the place wasn't even full. There were only 60 people, maybe. "Hmm, maybe they saturated the market around here. I hope this doesn't keep them from coming back," I thought. Anyway, I settled in, but when the Eagles came out, Tim said, "Since there's so few of us here, why don't you all come up here and tell us about yourselves."

The stage was low and you only had to climb three steps to get up to it. One by one, everyone went up to the stage and told a little bit about themselves in the microphone. To my horror, several of my friends and my cousins started telling embarrassing stories on me. By the time I got up there, I was so embarrassed, I was ready to die! But then Glenn waved. "Hi Nancy!" He said cheerily. I beamed, said, "Hi," and then got offstage and sat back down again.

I don't remember the show, but after the encore, Glenn signaled to me to come back up to the stage. "I really thought you handled that story-telling session well. Follow me," he said, and took my hand. He led me outside and I realized we were going to where the vehicles were. Right before we got to the area, he stopped and kissed me on the cheek. He started to go again, but I said "Hold up" and kissed HIM on the cheek. "I'm so glad you guys came back to Indiana!" I said happily as we continued moving again.

He led me to what looked like a van, but when we got inside - it had the trappings of an ambulance! "Get on the gurney," Glenn instructed me.

"Why?" I asked. Then I saw his tour manager Tommy Nixon getting out one of those anaesthesia masks. "WHAT???" I started freaking out.

"We don't want anyone to know where we're going," Glenn explained.

"I promise I won't tell!" I cried. I really hated the thought of "going under." "I'll keep my eyes closed..."

Glenn looked in my eyes and told me sternly, "Nancy, I asked you to do it."

"OK, OK," I said unhappily and grudgingly obliged. I got "gassed" and the next thing I knew I was on a soft brown couch in a mahogany-paneled living room and no one else was around. The living room was huge with all this cool stuff in it and I knew I must be in Glenn's house.

I didn't see anybody, and I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to get in trouble by going somewhere I wasn't supposed to go, so I just stayed where I was and waited for someone to come get me. As I did, I thought "Dang, how lucky am I" and just started grinning widely. I woke up with that grin still on my face!

Prettymaid
06-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Well at least I'm in somebody else's dream - I can't seem to 'dream them up' myself!

Nancy, the part where you tell Glenn to hold up and you kiss him on the cheek means that you wish you could be more direct with him and not so shy the times that you've met him. How am I doing so far?

luvthelighthouse
06-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Glenn looked in my eyes and told me sternly, "Nancy, I asked you to do it." "OK, OK," I said unhappily and grudgingly obliged.

This actaully cracked me up! Because honestly, I could see me not wanting to do something, but if "an Eagle" sternly said, "I asked you to do it"... I'd probably be like, "Ok, Ok, fine... whatever". :hilarious:

That was funny!

TimothyBFan
06-15-2009, 10:24 AM
A wee bit disturbing that they are drugging you to take you somewhere :hilarious:. The makings of a movie once again me thinks!

cynd1231
06-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Are you kidding? If an Eagle wanted to drug ME in order to take me someplace secret I'd grab the mask and do it myself with one caviat:

WAKE ME THE INSTANT WE GET THERE! :lol:

Troubadour
06-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Great dream! Although, was it being in Glenn's house or the drugs that made you grin so much? ;)

sodascouts
06-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Nancy, the part where you tell Glenn to hold up and you kiss him on the cheek means that you wish you could be more direct with him and not so shy the times that you've met him. How am I doing so far?

Sounds about right!

Also, I've always been VERY nervous about being anaesthetized almost to the degree of phobia so that probably had something to do with that element of the dream!

Brooke
06-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Whew! What a cool dream Nancy! I'm not sure about being drugged to go somewhere else though. Strange!

At least you're dreaming! I don't dream much. That I remember anyway!

06-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Well, Nanc, at least you got to kiss Glenn on the cheek, even if it were a dream! Now, I am shocked that Glenn felt it was necessary to drug you to avoid revealing the location of his home. Dang, hasn't the man ever heard of blindfolds!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Glennsallnighter
06-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Great dream Nancy! I wouldn't mind Glenn :heart: gassing me either!!

skibum1606
06-15-2009, 08:57 PM
nice dreams, i would of had problems with being gassed too, maybe he didn't want to use a blindfold cause he was paranoid of you counting turns?

i wish i could remember some of my dreams.

sodascouts
06-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Well, those of you who have read this thread know that my dreams usually have no real logic to them whatsoever. So, the whole gurney/anaethesia bit was just one more nonsensical element!

Fan_For_Life
06-15-2009, 10:02 PM
I was sitting on the edge of my seat reading your dream soda. Especially when the ambulance part started. Now maybe you'll go to sleep and dream the rest of it tonight.

Peekaboo
06-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Right before we got to the area, he stopped and kissed me on the cheek. He started to go again, but I said "Hold up" and kissed HIM on the cheek.

You kissed him on the cheek? Okay Soda, I realize that this was a dream but you should've gone all out and went in for the big kiss on the lips.

luvthelighthouse
06-17-2009, 10:29 AM
I have one, finally! ( I had one a few weeks ago, that I remembered when I woke but, but forgot shortly afterwards.) Ok, so all the guys are on stage and Glenn walks over to Timothy and says something. Timothy walks to the mic and says, for the past twenty or so years Glenn has song this song, but tonight he has a cold and doesn’t feel he can do it justice. Before Glenn sang it, it was preformed by Randy Meisner. I hope you all enjoy this and forgive me if it isn’t perfect as this is my first time singing it….All alone at the end of the evening, and the bright lights have faded to blue.

Then I woke up!

Brooke
06-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Too funny, Ltlh! I remember back when I saw the Eagles for the first time since the '70's in 2002 and Glenn did TITTL and thought "I wonder why they don't have Tim sing this song?" :lol:

TimothyBFan
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
in 2002 and Glenn did TITTL and thought "I wonder why they don't have Tim sing this song?" :lol:

You know, I've thought about that several times over the many many years! It just seems like that is an Eagles tune that would of better suited Tim's voice IMHO, some might disagree tho. I've always liked Randy's version better than Glenn's (SORRY!) but I wonder if I would change my mind if Tim had sung it in Randy's place. And I also wonder what goes into making the decisions on who sings what songs. Hmmm---a possible new topic thread for discussion?

06-17-2009, 02:09 PM
You know, I've thought about that several times over the many many years! It just seems like that is an Eagles tune that would of better suited Tim's voice IMHO, some might disagree tho. I've always liked Randy's version better than Glenn's (SORRY!) but I wonder if I would change my mind if Tim had sung it in Randy's place. And I also wonder what goes into making the decisions on who sings what songs. Hmmm---a possible new topic thread for discussion?

This subject has, indeed, been discussed on the board numerous times, but oddly enough, I don't think there was ever actually a thread about it. Consider that fixed. I'm gonna start a TITTL thread right now.

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2009, 07:42 PM
I dreamed that the Eagles were giving a public performance from a hotel balcony overlooking the liffey. Don was singing ASWTDID. I looked to my left and there was Glenn :heart:. he was busy changing into his fuschia shirt! Unfortunately at that stage I woke up!

Troubadour
06-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Your unconscious probably couldn't handle the hotness! Although, I'm disappointed Glenn wasn't dancing during ASWTDID. Unless, of course, he'd been dancing shirtless... :heybaby:

GlennLover
06-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Your unconscious probably couldn't handle the hotness! Although, I'm disappointed Glenn wasn't dancing during ASWTDID. Unless, of course, he'd been dancing shirtless...

With that suggestion in my brain, surely I'll have a Glenn dream tonight :partytime:!

sodascouts
06-23-2009, 08:50 AM
This is my most elaborate Glenn dream yet. It's so elaborate and lengthy that it might get a bit dull to read it all, so here's the gist:

Glenn Frey and I play ourselves on the soap opera General Hospital in a plot full of intrigue! While nonsensical elements creep in, all in all, it’s one of the most cohesive dreams I’ve ever had!

The details: My dream starts off with me driving along the highway (probably inspired by the mammoth amount of driving I have been doing over the last few days). I see a highway sign for Port Charles, the fictional city where General Hospital is set. I get excited. "I can't wait to be a part of the story," I think. "Although it's a shame a lot of my favorite characters are gone or have been changed. But at least Glenn Frey will also be guest starring!"

I reach a parking lot and pull in, where I see Sonny Corinthos and Jason Morgan speaking with each other and looking troubled. "What's the matter?" I ask.

"A group has taken over the city and is imprisoning anyone who doesn't go along with their plans," Sonny says. "I'll drive you to where they're headquartered." We leave Jason in the parking lot.

As we are in the car, Sonny drives pretty recklessly but I keep my mouth shut. However, he gets pulled over by a cop whom I don't recognize. "That's one of them," Sonny mutters as the cop walks up. "They pretend to be upstanding citizens - the mayor, the city council, cops - but they've kidnapped and imprisoned the real mayor and cops!" Before Sonny can say more, the cop comes to the car. He demands Sonny get out of the car and without another word, handcuffs him. He peers in at me. "Who's this?"

"She's new in town," Sonny replies. "I was giving her a ride. I just picked her up."

"Oh!" The cop smiles widely. "Welcome to Port Charles! If you need a ride, I'll be happy to give you one in the police car. The mayor likes to greet all new visitors personally." Sonny looks at me meaningfully as he's pushed into the backseat of the car. Then, the policeman very politely escorts me to the front seat and I get in.

We drive up to city hall. I see a lot of people I don’t recognize milling about. The policeman gets out of the car. “I’ll be just a moment after I take care of Corinthos,” he says.

As he goes around the car, Sonny quickly says, “Those are all the townspeople who are going along with the takeover. They do whatever they’re told. The latest instruction is that everyone has to have two names. But down in the basement is where everyone else is getting put, in a cage…” he can’t say more as the policemen opens the backdoor and hauls him away.

My mind starts racing. I obviously have to find this cage and free everyone. But how to do it? Then the police car door is opened by a tall redheaded woman with a LOT of makeup on. “Hello, I’m the mayor. Come with me to city hall and I’ll introduce you to the important people of the town.”

I follow her into city hall. She takes me into a large cafeteria full of people. Sitting at one of the tables in the far corner is none other than Glenn Frey. “Is that Glenn Frey?” I ask her.

“Yes, it is. He’s running for Congress and he’s here to drum up some votes.” She frowns. “But he doesn’t want to be bothered. You stay away from him.” She points to a chair near the door. “You stay right here. I’ll be right back.” Then she leaves the cafeteria.

I know the mayor is fake and evil, and I also know that it makes no sense for Glenn Frey to be isolating himself if indeed he is in town to get votes for a political campaign! Obviously, the woman wants to keep us apart so we don’t start talking about the weird things in town and mess up their plans. I make my way through the crowd to Glenn’s table. He’s being talked to by a heavy-set, middle-aged blonde woman who also is heavily made-up. She looks at me suspiciously, but then Glenn sees me, smiles, and says, “Hi, sit down! I’m Glenn Frey and I’m running for Congress.”

“Yeah, I know,” I answer. “Glenn, I need to talk to you – privately.” The blonde woman glares at us, but as Glenn says “Yes,” there’s little she can do. She moves away and I can see she’s going out the same door as the mayor – probably to report us. We have little time. “Glenn, something horrible is going on here. All the people in charge are fakes, and all these other people walking around are all going along with it because they’re scared. The rest of the townspeople are imprisoned in the basement!”

“I knew something weird was going on,” Glenn whispers. “We have to figure out how to help them!”

Just then, the mayor comes back in, with the blonde woman behind her. “Don’t bother talking to this troublemaker, Glenn,” she says sharply. Her face darkens ominously. “We’re going to take care of her, don’t worry.”

“Actually, I’m Glenn’s personal assistant,” I quickly volunteer.

Glenn nods. “Yes. I just hired her.”

“I see,” the mayor replies coldly. She pulls the blonde woman aside and starts whispering. I lean forward and I hear, “We have to stop her and get her away from Glenn Frey before she ruins everything. Once you get her away from him, kill her.”

I gulp and turn to Glenn. “They’re going to try to separate us and kill me!”

“Don’t worry, I won’t let them,” Glenn says. “They won’t hurt me. I’m too famous.”

The women return. “Come with us into my office, Mr. Frey. We have to talk with you in private on some top-secret political business. I’m afraid your assistant won’t be able to join us.”

“I don’t go anywhere without my personal assistant,” Glenn declares authoritatively.

The women look at each other and frown. “Well… alright then,” the mayor says, and motions for us to follow her into the office, which looks suspiciously like the police chief’s office. I bet she stole it from the police chief who’s now locked in the basement, I think.

As are about to walk in the office, a thin blonde woman hurries over – one of the townspeople. “I’ve decided on my second name. It’s….”

“Pathetic,” I spit. “Think for yourself, why don’t you. You disgust me, you lame coward.” She gasps, then runs off crying. I feel really guilty because I realize she’s just scared of getting put in the basement.

The mayor snaps, “When she said second name, she just meant she’s changing her last name. There’s nothing wrong with that.” Of course, I know the real story – that the fake mayor and her cronies are making everyone invent a second name for some reason.

Once in the office, the mayor completely ignores me and just talks to Glenn. “We can’t wait to show you around the city. We can arrange a campaign rally for you…”

That’s when I see it – a key on her desk. I instinctively know it’s the key to set the people of Port Charles free. As she talks to Glenn, I surreptitiously move to the desk, grab the key, and slip it in my pocket. No one sees me. Then, I go stand beside Glenn. The mayor glares at me, but she can’t say anything because she doesn’t want to upset Glenn. “It’s such an honor to have you here,” she says to him in a sweet voice. “And perhaps you can invite your friend Don Henley to come see our beautiful city, too.”

Oh no, I think. She wants to get all of the Eagles here and do who knows what to them!

“Yeah, that’s a great idea,” Glenn says, to my horror. “I’ll call Don tonight.”

“Follow me,” she orders again. “We’re going downtown.” As passes me to open the door, she thumps me hard on the back. “SO nice to have you here.”

“Ow!” I cry. Once she gets far enough ahead of us, I say quickly to Glenn, “Check my back to make sure she didn’t stick some poison dart in there or something when she thumped me on the back!”

We both stop and he peers at my back. “I don’t see anything.”

“Look carefully – it could be a really small hole!” I cry.

He looks again. “I don’t see anything. Besides, wouldn’t you feel it?”

“Yeah, I guess so,” I say nervously. I kind of shake my shoulders and don’t feel anything except my bra, so I relax a bit. I lean closer and whisper, “You’re not really going to invite Don Henley down here, are you??”

“He could bring help,” Glenn whispers back.

“He could also get captured!” I say.

“No, we’re too famous. No one can hurt us,” Glenn declares.

“Not if they get desperate and know you’re on to them,” I warn. “They could arrange an ‘accident.’”

“Don’t worry about me and Don,” Glenn says confidently. “We’ll take care of all of this. We’ll fix everything.”

I’m thinking he is being way too overconfident – we are alone with people who have no compunction about killing! Then, I spot it – the door to the basement. Before Glenn can say another word, I grab his hand and pull him to the door, throw it open, and pull him inside, slamming the door shut behind us. “We’ve gotta move fast! The mayor is going to be right on our heels! But I got the key from her office and we can release everyone!”

“You go unlock the cages. I’ll block the door,” Glenn orders. We can already hear the mayor turning the knob and the door cracks open. Glenn throws himself against the door and slams it shut again. We can hear her calling for help. “Hurry!” Glenn cries as he presses himself against the door to hold it shut.

I run down the stairs and see a whole LINE of padlocked cages filled with people! I go to the first one and unlock the padlock, then open the door. People start running out, except one little girl in the back with a black puppy by her side. She looks about six. She is too scared to come out.

I reach in, grab the puppy, pull him out and say “Your doggie wants his mommy to come out. He’s scared.” The little girl runs out of the cage to be with the puppy and I slam the door shut of the now-empty cage. “Go upstairs and help Glenn Frey ward off the mayor and her crew! He needs your help!” I cry to all the now-free people running around the basement.

Then, I woke up.

Whew!

luvthelighthouse
06-23-2009, 09:54 AM
OMG, I have tears in my eyes! That was hilarious! "I'm too famous"... and the poison dart... OMG... so funny!:hilarious:

TimothyBFan
06-23-2009, 12:01 PM
:shock: Ok--I wish I had vivid dreams like that ....but then again maybe not! ;)

That was something! Super Don and Super Glenn to the rescue of the townspeople and defeat the villians! :hilarious: I'm telling you, write these down and sell them!

06-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Oh good grief - that is tooooo much. I don't even know where to begin trying to analyze this one. I wonder how in the world Glenn got from inspiring the lead character for the movie "Almost Famous" to being "I'm Too Famous"!!! :lol:

Prettymaid
06-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Okay Soda, I've just finished speaking to the General Hospital people and they want you to report to them with your script ASAP! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
06-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Awwww! Soda! That was so entertaining. It was brilliant! I loved reading it.

I dreamed about them again last night. 3 nights in a row!!

sodascouts
06-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Glad you were entertained, guys, by my bizarre dream. I swear, when that tall, thin red-haired woman slapped me on the back, I was genuinely in fear of my life! I think somewhere along the way I forgot I was in a soap opera! lol

ticky
06-23-2009, 09:12 PM
I love it. You dont need TV or movies, Soda, you have your dreams! they're well worth syndicating. I have a new tag line. "Im far too famous." as in...

"Mommy, will you make me a hot dog?"
"I'm sorry dear, Im far too famous."

LOL!!!!!!

cynd1231
06-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Seems to be we should pool our dreams into a published collection of short stories. Would make for some entertaining reading.

sodascouts
07-03-2009, 07:55 PM
OK guys, seems like Texas is inspiring me. I had another Eagle dream last night - this one featuring Mr. Henley.

In my dream, I was at this small country western club - and it had hay on the floor. I was surrounded by people; it was hugely crowded. Two people were on the dance floor, a black-haired guy and a brown-haired girl, behind podiums answering questions, like a game show. For each question they got right, they got a pitcher of beer. First person to get five pitchers won. I was rooting for the guy, because the girl was already up to four pitchers and he was missing every question - he had nothing.

Then, Don Henley walked in. I thought, "I wonder who he's rooting for?" The girl started missing questions and the guy started catching up, until they were tied. Then, suddenly, Don called an end to it and said he wanted to perform.

Suddenly his backing band appeared behind him and he was hit with a spotlight. I saw that he was wearing a pilot's uniform, but instead of being white with blue stripes it was silver with black stripes. I was amazed, and I thought, "I'd better remember all of this because I'm gonna have to be telling everybody about it afterwards!" He played "I Will Not Go Quietly" and he was really rocking out; his microphone was on a stand but he was tilting the stand all around and looking absolutely fierce.

Suddenly I found myself behind a concession stand serving beers, popcorn, soda (lol) etc. He walked up, now wearing plaid. "Hello!" I cried. I pulled out a beer. "Here you go. I'm so glad you came over!"

He took the beer and replied, "You're such a ladder-climber. I couldn't avoid you even if I wanted to."

"Sure you could," I said. "You didn't have to come over here, after all. Now use that mouth to say nice things."

"I never say mean things," he said defensively.

"Oh, come on, sure you do and you know it," I said. "But you say nice things a lot, too. So be nice."

He rolled his eyes, but said, "OK. I'll tell you what. I'll smile at you." Then he looked right into my eyes and smiled this lazy smile that made him look very sexy.

"Yes, that's great!" I said excitedly. "Thanks!" He just shook his head, chuckling, and left with his beer.

I thought, "Ladder-climber? What's that supposed to mean??" I woke up still wondering, lol.

EagleLady
07-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Nancy, Your dreams are awesome! You are so lucky, I haven't had a Don dream in weeks :hilarious:

Peekaboo
07-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Soda, your dreams never fail to give me a good laugh. :hilarious: I like that your dreams are so detailed. Whenever I read these things, I see it in my head as if i'm watching a movie.

Prettymaid
07-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Now use that mouth to say nice things."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glennsallnighter
07-05-2009, 03:51 AM
Wow Nancy those dreams are fantastic, and so detailed...... Mine only tend to be of very short duration, though I do end up waking with a smile on my face and a lovely warm fuzzy feeling........

The girls are right. You should publish these1

AzEaglesFan
07-05-2009, 04:05 AM
But Soda if you publish your dreams are you going to have to change the names to protect the not so innocent.:eyebrow:

Troubadour
07-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Oh God, please let me be a fly on the wall when someone tells Don to "use that mouth to say nice things" :rofl: You have the best dreams, Soda!