PDA

View Full Version : Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

sodascouts
01-13-2009, 01:03 AM
I found a couple cute references in the press recently about Joe:

First, this adorable story about an old radio builder who met Joe in the NWANews (http://nwanews.com/nwat/News/73014/) - here's an excerpt:
Soon the radios began to stack up, and Vaughan decided to try to sell one on eBay. He put his first one up for $445 but got no bids. Shortly after the auction ended, Vaughan got an e-mail from a main in Studio City, Calif., offering to buy the radio.

Vaughan and the mystery man exchanged e-mails, and the man asked all about how Vaughan built the machines and how he worked them. In their conversation Vaughan began to trust the man and told him the best way to learn about the hobby would be for him to come and stay a week with Vaughan and his wife. The mystery man said he relished the idea, but he was the lead singer in a band that had a very busy schedule. "He e-mailed me and said he was in a band called The Eagles," Vaughan said with a chuckle. "I didn't know who The Eagles were. I knew who Louie Armstrong was but not The Eagles."

The man Vaughan had been e-mailing was the famous Joe Walsh. Vaughan finally did convince the music star to come spend a week at his house, and he spent time teaching Walsh how to build the radios. "He went home with a firm resolution to build radios," Vaughan said.

sodascouts
01-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Another cute one:

An Eagle for governor?

http://www.kansas.com/290/story/659594.html

Freypower
01-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Surely Joe didn't say he was the 'lead singer' in the Eagles. Lead guitarist, perhaps. Both interesting stories.

Prettymaid
01-14-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm sure Mr Vaughan, someone who didn't know who the Eagles were, could have remembered that part incorrectly.

MikeA
01-14-2009, 09:28 AM
87-years-YOUNG.....That's a brainfart I could live with and I'm no where near that old...yet <LOL> But that sounds so much like Joe. He really is into HAM gear.

Shortly after the auction ended, Vaughan got an e-mail from a main in Studio City, Calif., offering to buy the radio.

Hmmm.....Hope Mr Vaughan didn't get Joe in trouble with eBay! <grin>

sodascouts
01-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Founds this odd tidbit (http://blog.nola.com/mymusic/2009/01/eagles_review.html): My Music: 'Ladyfur' shares Eagles review, chance meeting

ticky
04-05-2009, 11:24 AM
I got this in my Google alerts this morning. It's from The Chronicle Herald.ca. Here's a blurb from it:

"They were hired to play in the country bar, there were four or five of them with a girl singer, and who walked in one night but Joe Walsh from The Eagles. When they took their break, he waved them all over to his table and bought them a beer. Joe Walsh kept looking up at the stage at this guitar that I built this guy and he says ‘That’s a nice Fender custom you got up there,’ and the guy goes ‘It’s not a Fender, it’s a Legend, built in Nova Scotia.’ Walsh asks to go look at it and the guy says ‘Come up and play a set with us.’ So when they finished their break, Joe Walsh came up and played a whole set with them, playing the guitar I made."

On the wall of his basement workshop, O’Brien has a photo of Walsh and the Legend, taken that night."

(bspurr@herald.ca)

Peekaboo
04-13-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm a fan of The Bob And Tom Show, a morning talk radio show out of Indy and as I was listening to it a few weeks ago they got to talking about Joe Walsh. I'm not sure what brought up the Joe discussion but they played an interview that they did with Joe a few years ago. I wish I knew how to post the audio because it was a funny little interview they did. I typed up what was said.

Tom: I want to feature something. We had a chance to talk with the legendary Joe Walsh, the great singer and songwriter with the Eagles.

Kristie: Currently on Tour.

Tom: I’ve been a fan of Joe Walsh since the very early days.

Bob: Who hasn’t? Back with the James Gang.

Tom: We had a chance to talk with Joe and it went pretty well….

Tom: We’re joined by the legendary Joe Walsh on the phone. Good morning, sir.

Joe: Good morning. How are you?

Bob: We’re great and you?

Joe: Wait a minute is Bob there?

Bob: I’m right here Joe.

Joe: Last time I called, you were so impressed that you went on vacation.

Tom: Joe, if you were to get into your car right now, what would you be listening to?

Joe: Uhh, I just turn on the radio and whatever I hear is what it is. A lot of old stuff, I’m going through a lot of old stuff. Classic rock stuff. It’s kind of a big wasteland out there. I don’t hear a whole lot that I can make it all the way to the end of the song.

Tom: Joe, I read a funny thing about the Rolling Stones that when they were setting up their tour they had to have one of their roadies in the back with a stack of their albums. They’d come upon a song title and they had to kind of re-learn it.

Joe: Yeah

Tom: When you’re with the Eagles do you have to sit down and say that was great song but how did we do it we do it then?

Joe: Yeah, exactly. Well, just ‘cause you wrote it don’t mean you can play it. We dusted off James Dean.

Chick: That’s a great song.

Joe: Yeah, that’s a good one and it rocks pretty good, but that was pre-Joe so I had to go learn Bernie Leadon’s parts and boy I see why they replaced him.

Tom: Do you have any of your old guitars? Your first ones?

Joe: I don’t have very many. I think I’ve got a Les Paul that I started out with. I sure wish I did. I’ve gone back and bought some equipment like I used to have.

Tom: Did it get stolen on the road or just lost?

Joe: Just lost in the wasteside. I don’t remember a whole lot. There’s a couple of years there that are just a mystery to me. I was talking to Ozzy about 2 weeks ago. The James Gang and his band, we played a whole bunch of gigs and neither of us remember anything.

Bob: Those were the days.

Joe: We know we played together because we have the posters.

Tom: That’s Joe Walsh. Currently touring with the great band The Eagles.

Bob: If you get a chance, great show.

Tom: They’re going all over the world. They’ve got a big tour and they are right in the middle of it right now.

Bob: On this tour, it’s almost a Joe Walsh Greatest Hits tour. They do James Gang. They do some of his solo stuff. Plus, of course, all of the great Eagles hits.

Peekaboo
04-15-2009, 01:40 AM
I was browsing Youtube and came across the interview that i typed up in the above post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApaLrhTexK0

sodascouts
04-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Interesting comment about Bernie - wonder what that was supposed to mean??

Brooke
04-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Thanks from me, too, Peek! Wouldn't you know, you go to all that trouble, then you find the YouTube! That's the way things usually go for me, too! :rolleyes:

anne-o-gg
04-15-2009, 11:01 AM
thanks for posting both - the typed and the live...the typed helped me know what they were saying...

The live is SO funny! He's a funny guy - I love the "we know we played because we have the posters"...lol...so funny!

Peekaboo
04-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks from me, too, Peek! Wouldn't you know, you go to all that trouble, then you find the YouTube! That's the way things usually go for me, too! :rolleyes:

I had no idea that it was even on youtube. I had heard that interview on The Bob and Tom Show before but they recently replayed it and I didn't know how many of my fellow borderers had heard it before. I thought it was a cute and funny interview to share.

anne-o-gg
04-15-2009, 03:51 PM
I thought it was a cute and funny interview to share.

So glad you did...I loved it!

Prettymaid
04-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Peek, thanks for taking the trouble to type out that interview! Interesting comment about Bernie - wonder what that was supposed to mean??

Hmmm, sounds like he's implying that Bernie's stuff was crap!

anne-o-gg
04-15-2009, 09:11 PM
PM...I was thinking something along those lines too - they do say, "that's so bad" and Joe agrees...he was definatly being sarcastic...but I have to admit that guy's a funny dude!

Prettymaid
04-16-2009, 08:53 AM
I love funny Joe but I don't want him to be mean!

sodascouts
04-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah, honestly, I was unimpressed by that comment. James Dean is a great song and Bernie is immensely talented.

EagleLady
04-16-2009, 11:23 AM
I think he was joking with that comment, IMHO

Prettymaid
04-16-2009, 12:06 PM
I know he was joking but was it cruel humor, or was it a joke that Bernie, if listening, would "get". Is there any history between Joe and Bernie? Are they friends?

sodascouts
04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
I have never heard of any bad blood between them, but I haven't heard of them being big buddies either. Certainly Bernie has never had a bad word to say publicly about Joe - nor any of the Eagles, actually. He's always maintained that he left of his own accord because the band was going in a direction he didn't agree with, and because the rigors of the road and the fast lifestyle were detrimental to his physical and mental health.

I think Joe was just going for the cheap laugh rather than trying to hurt Bernie, but it was still tacky. JMHO.

EagleLady
04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't think Joe would publicly trash anyone in an interview, JMHO

Maleah
04-17-2009, 01:54 AM
I agree that it was in poor taste. Yes we know Joe's a great guy and highly doubt that he would intentionally be nasty.....but intended with humor not....it didn't really come off as "haha I love Bernie" humor. lol

TimothyBFan
04-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Ok--I just went back and listened to it again because of all the comments everyone was making about the Bernie reference. Honestly--I really don't think he meant anything by it--I took it as a typical Joe humorous moment. I laughed when I first heard it and I laughed this time. I really didn't see anything the matter with it! JMHO!!!

Prettymaid
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
But what did he mean? :headscratch:

ticky
04-17-2009, 03:08 PM
personally I think he was trying to be sarcastic. It's kind of hard to tell when you're just listening to it, but it sounds like the kind of reverse self deprecating humor Joe's in to. kind of like "Davinci? Yeah.. sure he was a GREAT Artist.. *wink wink*" it's a little twisted and hard to read but that's my kind of humor too...

anne-o-gg
04-17-2009, 04:42 PM
I see what you mean, ticky, and I think you might be right about that...when I watch the F1 DVD, sometimes I comment to my husband (about Joe or Steuart) - man, too bad they couldn't find a "real" guitar player...I could totally see this being what Joe was doing...I hated the thought that he was being mean...ahhh, I think I feel better...lol...

Peekaboo
04-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Ok--I just went back and listened to it again because of all the comments everyone was making about the Bernie reference. Honestly--I really don't think he meant anything by it--I took it as a typical Joe humorous moment. I laughed when I first heard it and I laughed this time. I really didn't see anything the matter with it! JMHO!!!

Me too Willie. I honostly don't think there was a serious meaning behind the comment. I've listened to the this radio show for a few years now and these guys are all about comedy and good music so i'm not surprised that there was some joking around with this interview. I think it was just all in good fun. That's what I get from a lot of the interviews on that show. Most radio programs are all serious but these guys are just so laid back. They welcome good humor, even if it does come off as somewhat cruel.

Maleah
04-17-2009, 08:15 PM
I agree that he wasn't being serious......and I have the same type of humor as Joe so I know how fine a line this is....but with something like that he might want to be a little more clear. Only because it isn't cut & dry clear. lol Especially since the media LOVES to make it appear as if there is dissension between all of them all the time.

AzEaglesFan
04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
This popped up on Google http://musformation.com/2009/04/guitarded-colt-peacemaker-mark-ii.html But I don't know if this is Ticky's Joe Walsh or one of the other Joe Walshs that show up from time to time. I thought it was interesting

ticky
04-20-2009, 08:10 PM
heheeh first of all THANK YOU SO MUCH for the reference to ticky's Joe Walsh... IF ONLY!!! *G* and I bet it is Joe. Most of the other Joe Walsh's who show up in google alerts are sports related or there's one who's a techno tester (testes techno stuff?? like cell phones and ipods and stuff then writes about it) and there's one guy in San Diego who has a blog. Altho any of them could also be guitar aficionados, just seems like a cool Joe thing.

Prettymaid
04-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey, what's all this "Ticky's Joe Walsh" stuff! Ticky, do you have a monopoly on Joe? If you'll share I will.... I'll bet Joe would!

ticky
04-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Awe I'll share.. Im sure there's enough Joe to go around *G*

AzEaglesFan
04-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Google has another alert

http://unofficialjefflynne.blogspot.com/2009/04/here-is-maybe-news.html So just who is Jeff Lynne anyway

TimothyBFan
04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Jeff Lynne was the founder (I believe) of Electric Light Orchestra and a member of The Traveling Wilburys. Also produced for a lot of artists and bands.

Prettymaid
04-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Google has another alert

http://unofficialjefflynne.blogspot.com/2009/04/here-is-maybe-news.html So just who is Jeff Lynne anyway

Jeff lynne sang lead on almost all of ELO's songs. Some of their most popular are:
Evil Woman
Strange Magic
Turn to Stone (no, not our Joe's song!)
Can't Get it Out of My Head

I have always liked his vocals. He has a clear strong voice.

Freypower
04-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Wow! About time! You can see Jeff in those photos of George Harrison's Walk Of Fame star. A collaboration with Joe would be awesome. I have about 5 ELO albums, and I have Jeff's first solo album, Armchair Theatre. I hope this comes off!

Other well known ELO songs I can recommend are Livin' Thing, Telephone Line, Rockaria, Mr Blue Sky, Hold On Tight, Rock'n'Roll Is King....

EagleLady
04-22-2009, 08:04 PM
I really dig Hold On Tight and Do Ya Want My Love

Prettymaid
04-22-2009, 09:01 PM
You might call them the kings of falsetto. They knew how to pull it off!

Freypower
04-22-2009, 09:31 PM
That is very strange. I can't think of one ELO song that uses falsetto. You may get the occasional higher pitched note as in Strange Magic, but they hardly use it the way the Bee Gees did.

Prettymaid
04-22-2009, 10:11 PM
FP, as soon as I posted that I thought of the Bee Gees.Of course they are the kings of the falsetto. However I would definitely classify some of the vocals in songs like Strange Magic and Do Ya Want My Love as falsettos, if not the lead then certainly the backgrounds.

jdubfan
05-01-2009, 09:55 AM
About Joe's comment on Bernie. I heard him make a real similar comment on Chicago radio about learning those songs. But he went further, saying that they were a bitch to learn 'cause Bernie was so good. I believe that was his intent, not to dump on Leadon. I think Joe was being his sarcastic self, not mean.

ticky
05-01-2009, 10:59 AM
I got an interesting Google Alert this morning regarding a Beatles tribute band performing in Boulder Colorado. The promoter is Ken Weiss of Gold Hill Music and he has a story about Joe!

"Having spent much of 1971-76 near Boulder, Weiss can't leave without a story. And everyone seems to have one about the Rocky Mountain Way man, Joe Walsh.

"I remember he had spent a very long night before David Crosby's wedding," Weiss said. "He couldn't drive there, and didn't think of calling a cab, so he took a bus down Sunset Boulevard instead.

"I never knew anyone who took a bus anywhere in L.A., let alone Joe Walsh, but there he was. And he went home the same way."

anne-o-gg
05-01-2009, 12:07 PM
About Joe's comment on Bernie. I heard him make a real similar comment on Chicago radio about learning those songs. But he went further, saying that they were a bitch to learn 'cause Bernie was so good. I believe that was his intent, not to dump on Leadon. I think Joe was being his sarcastic self, not mean.

Ohhh...interesting take...like Bernie was TOO good - so they canned him cause they couldn't keep up...now that way it is pretty funny!

Prettymaid
05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Deb, I heard that interview too, and I remember the part you're talking about. That could very well be what Joe meant. Like, "Glad they got rid of HIM-he's so good his stuff is hard to learn!"

TimothyBFan
05-01-2009, 12:28 PM
I got an interesting Google Alert this morning regarding a Beatles tribute band performing in Boulder Colorado. The promoter is Ken Weiss of Gold Hill Music and he has a story about Joe!

"Having spent much of 1971-76 near Boulder, Weiss can't leave without a story. And everyone seems to have one about the Rocky Mountain Way man, Joe Walsh.

"I remember he had spent a very long night before David Crosby's wedding," Weiss said. "He couldn't drive there, and didn't think of calling a cab, so he took a bus down Sunset Boulevard instead.

"I never knew anyone who took a bus anywhere in L.A., let alone Joe Walsh, but there he was. And he went home the same way."

This just cracks me up! Can you imagine being on a bus and it pulls up to bus stop and who should get on but Joe Walsh? What would you do and don't you wonder if he just sat down and rode to his stop or did he kick up a conversation? I'm just imagining that whole scenerio and all options are just funny!

Prettymaid
05-01-2009, 12:34 PM
It sounds like he was still probably drunk off his a**! Either that or really hung over!

ticky
05-01-2009, 12:35 PM
This just cracks me up! Can you imagine being on a bus and it pulls up to bus stop and who should get on but Joe Walsh? What would you do and don't you wonder if he just sat down and rode to his stop or did he kick up a conversation? I'm just imagining that whole scenerio and all options are just funny!

What would *I* do? *G* I'd end up getting arrested and restraining orders would probably eventually be involved..

Koala
05-03-2009, 09:20 AM
I found this today:
http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showbiz-news/music-news/2009/05/03/eagles-guitarist-joe-walsh-s-personal-tribute-to-scots-music-legend-78057-21328977/

sodascouts
05-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks for posting that, Koala. I didn't realize Joe was practically with Frankie when it happened. I'm glad he's so supportive.

tbs fanatic
05-04-2009, 10:36 AM
That was an interesting article, thanks.

sodascouts
05-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Hadn't heard of this before:

---------------

"The live auction featured the $15,000 sale of a painting created collectively by paraplegic artist Tommy Hollenstein, and 16 of his rock star friends, including Ringo Star, Joe Walsh of The Eagles, Slash of Guns N Roses and Shiela E. of Prince fame."

-Entertainment Today (http://www.entertainmenttoday.net/content/view/792/45/)

Prettymaid
05-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Good cause! Thanks Soda!

AzEaglesFan
06-14-2009, 02:31 AM
I saw a Guitar Player Magazine in the store today and was looking at it while I waited to check out. There was a quarter page ad for Carvin? Guitars with Joes picture, I wanted to buy it so bad BUT my husband was there and I couldn't think of anyway to justify $6.50 for a magazine.

MikeA
06-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I saw a Guitar Player Magazine in the store today and was looking at it while I waited to check out. There was a quarter page ad for Carvin? Guitars with Joes picture, I wanted to buy it so bad BUT my husband was there and I couldn't think of anyway to justify $6.50 for a magazine.

There is a video of Joe pimping Carvin guitars on YouTube. And, I think we have the add of Joe for Carvin posted here. If not, and you want it, I have it stored somewhere and can get it for you. Hmm, actually the ad that I have is Joe talking about the new Les Paul guitars and it is for Guitar Center. I'll look around.

http://mvabercrombie.net/VP_Screens/MikeA/cs6m.jpg
http://mvabercrombie.net/VP_Screens/MikeA/ct6m.jpg

AzEaglesFan
06-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Thank you Mike, I'll check it out.

sodascouts
07-07-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't think this is new - sounds like recycled bits to me - but it is called "Joe Walsh Interview" so I figured I'd post it here. Folks can correct me if there's new stuff and I just didn't recognize it.

It's from The Lancaster Citizen (http://www.thelancasterandmorecambecitizen.co.uk/leisure/4474360.Interview__Joe_Walsh_of_The_Eagles/).

TimothyBFan
07-07-2009, 12:26 PM
“Most guys our age are done,” he said. “I’m very grateful and lucky that people are still coming. I’m just proud to be clean and sober, I’m actually proud that I’m still alive. I really hadn’t planned on living this long.”

That's just funny!! I wonder how many rock stars probably really do feel that way when they live to a ripe old age.

sodascouts
07-12-2009, 06:30 PM
A Joe mention in an interview with Kenny Chesney (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/07/10/PKK918I32D.DTL&type=music):

Q: Where do you keep all the awards people keep giving you?

A: Joe Walsh was a part of my band for a while, and he gave me a big, huge bowling trophy and it said, "The Joe Walsh Award for Winning So Many Awards." That's my favorite one. It's the ugliest thing you ever seen.

Prettymaid
07-12-2009, 08:11 PM
:hilarious: That sounds like our Joe!

sodascouts
07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
A story from the days when Joe "entertained" groupies:

"I had won tickets to see a Joe Walsh concert in L.A. at the Wiltern theatre. Backstage passes were included.

I talked my older friend into driving if I paid for gas.

We were told at the box office that they were no longer going to give us backstage passes. I was bummed. I had brought an album for him to autograph, too.

My friend and I decided after the show to see if we could sneak backstage. A huge guy with a red windbreaker refused to let us back, saying "You don't have a laminate. You're not going backstage."

We watched as two women walked backstage. I said, "They don't have backstage passes." He laughed, as my friend said to me "Those two things on their chest...are backstage passes."
- Excerpt from the San Diego Reader (http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblogs/daily-crasher/2009/jul/22/rappers-wit----when-women-cry-rape/)

sodascouts
07-25-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm only vaguely familiar with Otis Taylor, but he has written a song inspired by the death of Emma Walsh.

Excerpt from "Banjo-strumming Otis Taylor plays a different style of blues" (http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2009/jul/24/bc-mus-otistaylormct-_-entertainment/?entertainment&national-entertainment):

"Lost My Guitar" [from Pentatonic Wars and Love Songs] is a metaphorical lament about the tragic 1974 car-accident that killed Emma K. Walsh, the young daughter of Eagles guitarist Joe Walsh, in Boulder, Colo. Taylor is friends with the girl's mother.

"Whenever I drive by 9th and Spruce, I always go slow because I knew that her daughter died there," he says. "It's always affected my life, that spot."

- Victoria Advocate

Prettymaid
07-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Interesting read. Thanks Soda!

sodascouts
07-28-2009, 08:28 PM
I don't know how many of you are familiar with The Onion, but it's a joke newspaper with fake headlines and articles that are often HILARIOUS.

Here's one of their headlines today:

Joe Walsh Executed to Keep 'Eagles Greatest Hits' Sales Ahead of 'Thriller' (http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print/joe_walsh_executed_to_keep?utm_source=b-section)

I want to read this joke article BAD - I'm sure it's a hoot - but it's only in the print section and not available online! :weep:

Prettymaid
07-28-2009, 08:30 PM
:fingerwag: That's not funny..... :hilarious:

EagleLady
07-28-2009, 08:36 PM
That is in bad taste

anne-o-gg
07-28-2009, 10:12 PM
:rolleyes: It is a little funny...:laugh:

EagleLady
07-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I know it's supposed to be a joke article, but one should not make fun of stuff like that. KWIM

ticky
07-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I bet Joe thinks it's funny.. I think it's funny.. I love the Onion.. it's twisted yeah, but it's funny

Freypower
07-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Hear hear. Of course it's funny. It is not meant to be taken seriously in any way.

EagleLady
07-28-2009, 10:55 PM
I've been taught not to joke about stuff like that.

AzEaglesFan
07-29-2009, 01:52 AM
I was about to have a panic attack. I got this on three different Google alerts. The first one was from a "comedy" site, one from a site that sold cigars?.and one from Onion. I didn't know what Onion was and it seemed to be a real online news source. I come onto the Border because I knew if there was any truth to the story it would be posted here and THEN I would believe it. Someone has a very morbid sense of humor if you want to call it that.

Prettymaid
07-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Some of the Borderers alluded to this topic in the Michael Jackson thread. I think it's a humorous way to point out the absurdity of rushing out to buy a singer/band's work who is recently deceased.

anne-o-gg
07-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Exactly PM - appreciate them while they can hear it and enjoy it...:thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
07-29-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm also one of those who thought this was hilarious. Speaking for myself, this is the type of humor that always helps me "lighten up while I still can". :wink:

TimothyBFan
07-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Well apparently I'm one of those with a sick sense of humor because I also thought it was funny.

AmarilloByMorning
08-05-2009, 12:57 PM
How is this in poor taste from a print source with the recent fictional headlines "Edge of Table Victorious Over Toddler" and "Terrier Bravely Defends Family From Squeak"?

I have the print version in front of me - just a front-page photo with faux headline along the left-hand side; it doesn't have an accompanying article. The "Headlights" above it include "Ivy-Covered Home Like That On Inside Too" and "Looks Like Area Woman Carrying Heavy Thing Has It Under Control" (the latter of which might become my new slogan).

At least they picked the Eagle with a sense of humor - I'm willing to bet Mr. Walsh would find this hilarious. :hilarious:

sodascouts
08-05-2009, 08:40 PM
No story? How disappointing! Thanks for the report, though. I think this made a couple blogs as "funniest Onion headline of the week."

AmarilloByMorning
08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
No story? How disappointing!
Ohhhhh, you underestimate me...

For the record, people, I'm KIDDING. I'm from the Monty Python camp of humor. :angel:

Joe Walsh Executed to Keep ‘Eagles Greatest Hits’ Sales Ahead of ‘Thriller’ (http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print/joe_walsh_executed_to_keep?utm_source=b-section)

When sales of Michael Jackson’s Thriller started rivaling those of Eagles’ Greatest Hits, the latter artist’s monarchs Glenn Frey and Don Henley decided to take action. Recognizing death as the ultimate purveyor of a sales spike, they met with longtime manager Irving Azoff and suggested that one of their quartet receive premature termination in the best interests of the conglomerate.

Azoff nominated guitarist Joe Walsh, to accommodate Henley’s thirty-odd years of requests that Walsh “go easy” on the touring pranks. While details of the demise have not yet surfaced, local authorities have reportedly seized a chainsaw into evidence. Walsh did receive sufficient advance notice to finalize his will. Sources close to the star reveal that he bequeathed his infamous brick suit, worn during the Eagles’ 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inauguration ceremony, to the museum in his hometown of Wichita, Kansas.

From beyond the grave, Walsh evidenced no hard feelings. He referred to the incident as “a poetic end” and, before dematerializing permanently, conveyed his wish that the world know: “Life was good.” The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum has commissioned a forty-foot bronzed chainsaw monument in his honor.

The remaining Eagles plan to draw straws, strategically eliminating members whenever sales of their Greatest Hits plateau, and reunite in 14 years as touring apparitions on the “Hell’s Just a Sauna” Tour. MTV has already contracted to sponsor the tour, tentatively scheduled to begin in late 2023.

MikeA
08-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh Lord! I got a Belly Laugh out of that! I'm a little late getting into some of these threads. I wonder if Joe will continue recording from beyond the grave? My money is on his guitar and Azoff!

Prettymaid
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Have you guys looked at the T-shirt store on this site? Some of them are hilarious! (Maybe that's where Glenn got his Fart t-shirt)! :grin:

Maleah
08-06-2009, 07:13 PM
What is "this site" PM? lol I think I missed it. The Onion site? lol

sodascouts
08-06-2009, 07:15 PM
One thing about that Onion article - you can tell the author is a fan. He knows waaaay too much about our guys! lol

PM, I love the Onion - no surprise their shirts are a hoot too!

Troubadour
08-06-2009, 07:44 PM
That was hilarious!

Prettymaid
08-06-2009, 08:44 PM
What is "this site" PM? lol I think I missed it. The Onion site? lol

Yeah Maleah, Soda gave us the link here

Joe Walsh Executed to Keep 'Eagles Greatest Hits' Sales Ahead of 'Thriller' (http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print/joe_walsh_executed_to_keep?utm_source=b-section)

Maleah
08-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Gotcha, thanks! They do have quite the variety don't they? I <3 t-shirts :P

TimothyBFan
08-07-2009, 09:40 AM
:rofl: That was fantastic. "Azoff nominated guitarist Joe Walsh, to accommodate Henley’s thirty-odd years of requests that Walsh “go easy” on the touring pranks." Priceless!!!!

AmarilloByMorning
08-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Actually guys, "that Onion article" was written by me (and yes, I am a fan!).

I was aggravated the newspaper didn't see fit to include an accompanying print piece and, after soda expressed similar sentiments, decided to simply compose one myself. (Call it "compulsive blogger" syndrome.)

Glad to hear it seemed reputable, though! :grin:

sodascouts
08-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Dang, girl! Well done!

:applause:

AmarilloByMorning
08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
I do what I can. :partytime:

RamboIV
08-13-2009, 02:22 PM
"Joe Walsh Executed To Keep 'Eagles Greatest Hits' Sales Ahead Of 'Thriller'"

http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print/joe_walsh_executed_to_keep

I love the Onion.

sodascouts
08-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny too! One of our clever Borderers even wrote up an article for it since the Onion didn't provide one. Movin' this post over to that thread right now!

Brooke
08-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Yesterday on CBS Sunday Morning there was a tribute to Les Paul and Joe was in it! I've tried to find the article, but there's no link to it.

Here's the link to their page, maybe it will show up later. Under the picture it says "Appreciation-Les Paul"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/07/09/sunday/main13562.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Joe talked about Les Paul and showed some of his guitars. Joe looked and sounded great!

sodascouts
08-17-2009, 11:36 AM
I found a short version of the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTl3T57ymLc) on on YouTube but no Joe. Still looking!

Prettymaid
08-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the info Brooke. Hopefully we'll get to see it too!

ticky
08-17-2009, 12:45 PM
My Mom called me to tell me she saw it, but it was over by the time I got the TV on.. :shrug:

Maleah
10-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Not really "press" but Lucy said on her twitter account:

thelucywalsh (http://twitter.com/thelucywalsh) started the day off singing 3part harmonies with my dad and voice teacher...imagine if we started a family band. hah

sodascouts
10-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Check this blog out - seems Joe and his wife have been out on the town! Scroll down to comment #2 for the start of the Joe stuff.

No Pictures, Dude (http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2009/oct/07/crasher-no-pictures-dude/)

And his photo gallery has some cool photos of Joe:

Josh's Board Gallery (http://www.sandiegoreader.com/photos/galleries/josh-board-l/)

AzEaglesFan
10-13-2009, 04:31 AM
I read the No Pictures Dude but didn't know if it was recent or something from a while back. I didn't think Marjorie was a lawyer or a judge. I thought that was Denise. I am so confused. But small blond sounds more like Marjorie

sodascouts
10-13-2009, 06:48 AM
I saw that, too. I think the guy telling him that Marjorie was a "judge" had her confused with Denise. Since they were hanging with the Beatles crowd, I think it's safe to say he was with his new Beatle sister-in-law wife. Plus, as you mentioned, Marjorie is blond and Denise is brunette.

AzEaglesFan
10-21-2009, 03:53 AM
http://www.smdp.com/Articles-c-2009-10-20-63721.113116_Cirque_performance_funds_clean_water_ effort.html
Just received this in a Google alert

Prettymaid
10-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks for that AZ. Sounds like Joe's out and about!

AzEaglesFan
10-30-2009, 01:37 AM
http://www1.gitarrebass.de/magazine/index.php?ID=200909056
This is suppose to be the newest issue of this magazine in Germany.

Prettymaid
10-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks AZ! Now, who can translate...

Koala
10-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I try to translate.

The Live technology of the Eagle guitarist

Hardly any other band earned more money than the Eagles with her worldwide tours.
They fight in the hit parade of ticket revenues for the first places with Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, Elton John and U2. This band, however, pays back too, with exquisiter music, a good show, perfect sound and sophisticated technology.
The Eagles allow themselves a pleasant travelling on tour, but also excellent equipment: Joe Walsh Guitar Technician Mark Rice allowed G & B at the concert in Cologne, a look on and behind the stage, the guitarist was available two days later to a small interview in Frankfurt.

Prettymaid
10-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks so much Koala! Have we seen that Frankfurt interview I wonder?

sodascouts
10-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes, thank you, Koala! I don't remember that interview - maybe I am forgetting it, though.

10-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Ditto!

Many thanks for the translation, Koala.

AzEaglesFan
11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
“ Methamphetamine is evil. If you are involved in bringing it into the country, or selling it, or manufacturing it, your ancestors are not at peace with you. You will eventually be responsible for people’s deaths, and when you go to meet your God, it will be a burden on your shoulders. I have tried it. It“ Methamphetamine is evil. If you are involved in bringing it into the country, or selling it, or manufacturing it, your ancestors are not at peace with you. You will eventually be responsible for people’s deaths, and when you go to meet your God, it will be a burden on your shoulders. I have tried it. It is a dead end. It goes nowhere. It’s a demon and it eats your soul from inside you. If you are doing meth I say to you, no matter how awful things are they will get worse beyond your wildest imagination. But you can come back, as hopeless as it will look. It was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do but it can be done”
Joe Walsh, Otatara Pa, October 2004
Got this on a Google alert. I didn't realize Joe was into the drugs, thought booze was his down fall.

sodascouts
11-03-2009, 11:32 PM
I'd heard he did cocaine but meth... wow. Cocaine is bad enough, but a person can do cocaine for years and still function. Five years of crystal meth and your mind and body are rotted FOREVER. Even if you get off of it, your body is irreparably damaged (we've all seen the pictures of people messed up on meth). SOOO glad Joe didn't get addicted to that!!!!

AzEaglesFan
11-04-2009, 04:14 AM
I read a comment someone wrote (not here) that said that Joe had a stroke at some point. Do you know if that is true or just another rumor? If he was doing meth it may have caused him to have some kind of health problem that people thought was a stroke. If he did have a stroke, he certainly came out of it better than some people do.

Prettymaid
11-04-2009, 08:40 AM
I read a comment someone wrote (not here) that said that Joe had a stroke at some point. Do you know if that is true or just another rumor? If he was doing meth it may have caused him to have some kind of health problem that people thought was a stroke. If he did have a stroke, he certainly came out of it better than some people do.

I don't know if it's true or not but my gut feeling is that it's a rumor based on the way he sometimes slurs his words when he speaks.

sodascouts
11-04-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't know much about medicine, but I don't think anyone who's suffered a stroke could play like he does. It takes a lot of intricate fingering and motor control. People sometimes make up those kind of things to explain characteristics like his odd speech patterns, but I think that's just the way he talks.

AzEaglesFan
11-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I've always just took it for a rumor too. He plays great and he doesn't have any facial features that show a stroke. Plus I don't think he could run around and jump up and down like he does if he had a stroke. For a guy his age he does cover a lot of the stage during Life's Been Good. His speech is just pure Joe.

AzEaglesFan
11-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I thought this survey was interesting
http://culturaloffering.com/2009/11/04/music-for-a-wednesday--joe-walsh.aspx
100% Good Going Joe:thumbsup:

Anyone have an extra $125.00 http://denver.craigslist.org/clt/1451638687.html

MikeA
11-05-2009, 06:10 PM
AZEF...that performance by Joe on LBG reminds me why I admire him as a guitar player! Reminds me of that movie "Back To The Future" where "Jonhnie B Goode" was performed and Michael J Fox kicks over the amp. Joe really hashes out some Rock-n-roll in that song!

But it is like a lot of Joe's songs...they start out with a simple recognizable "hook" that just about anyone with a guitar can pick out....and then goes over the top with improv solo that just makes my jaw sort of drop down onto my chest!

AzEaglesFan
11-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Yucks = bucks: Peter Boyle memorial adds $700000 to myeloma fight (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/alltherage/2009/11/third-annual-comedy-celebration-benefiting-peter-boyle-memorial-fund-raises-70000-for-myeloma-battle.html)
Got this on Google Alert. Wonder if Getty has any more pictures that include Joe.

sodascouts
11-20-2009, 10:32 PM
According to Billboard (http://www.billboard.com/#/news/ringo-mccartney-duet-on-starr-s-latest-solo-1004044508.story), Joe is appearing on Ringo Starr's new album Y Not. I'm snipping the part about our Joe:

Other songs on "Y Not" include the album's opening track, "Fill In The Blanks," a rocker written, played and sung only by Starr and Walsh

Sounds cool!

jdubfan
11-22-2009, 02:16 PM
I also read where Jeff Lynne was at the cancer fundraiser...sure would be great if those ol' new cd rumors were coming true.

Freypower
11-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Here is Undercover's story about Ringo's album:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9548_Ringo_Starr_Gives_Brother-In-Law_Work_On_His_Next_Album

and..... McCartney is on it too!!!

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9538_Ringo_Starr_Recruits_Paul_McCar tney_for_Y_Not

Prettymaid
11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm not a huge Ringo solo fan, but Joe and Paul...? I might have to get this one.

ticky
11-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Ditto Cathy! Joe and Paul on a telletubbies album might make is worth listening to!

Prettymaid
11-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Ditto Cathy! Joe and Paul on a telletubbies album might make is worth listening to!

That's quite a visual...too bad there's not a Jib Jab for that! (See Dreamer's B'day thread.)

Freypower
11-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm not a huge Ringo solo fan, but Joe and Paul...? I might have to get this one.

I got the impression they appear on different tracks, though. Joe is on Fill In The Blanks (great title) and Paul is on Peace Dream & Walk With You.

Ringo's greatest hits CD is well worth having. This might be the first time I've bought one of his studio albums.

sodascouts
12-19-2009, 11:49 AM
According to PR-USA.net (http://pr-usa.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=304253&Itemid=31), Joe's The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get is getting re-released as a "24 Karat Gold Limited Edition." I'm not sure quite what that means. It implies some kind of remastering or improvement in audio quality over the previous CD release, but I can't find that specific claim in the description, so it could simply be over-hyped repackaging (color the CD gold and call it "special").

Anyone know anything about the company who is doing this, Audio Fidelity (http://www.audiofidelity.net)?

AzEaglesFan
12-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Never heard of them but I have received about 10 different Google Alerts about this CD. One takes you over to Amazon to buy the CD and I think it's around $24.00.

AzEaglesFan
12-21-2009, 04:02 AM
http://jwcoco.exblog.jp/i5/ Check this site out. Can't understand half of it but they do seem to like Joe and have found a lot of great pictures of him.
There are dates going down the left side of the page. You have GOT to check them out. They have pictures of all of the Eagles. One of them showes Don in a tutu. Some of them are great and some of them are just to funny.

sodascouts
12-21-2009, 11:22 AM
I've seen that site before, but it's always good to see it again - it's a hoot!

sodascouts
01-02-2010, 03:04 PM
More Twitter Fun! Joe spotted at Lakers game:

http://twitter.com/JeanieBuss

http://img131.yfrog.com/i/voze.jpg/

sodascouts
01-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Joe makes a comment in this article (http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2010-01-13-ringo13_CV_N.htm) promoting Ringo Starr's new album Y Not, on which he appears.

Prettymaid
01-18-2010, 12:28 PM
The biggest downside of Joe Walsh being a brother-in-law is that I always have to pick up the check."

:hilarious:

01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Well Ringo - and that's as it should be. After all, isn't your Beatles' deal more lucrative than Joe's with the Eagles ... don't you get 25%? :lol:

ticky
01-20-2010, 02:32 AM
UGH!!! forget it... I didnt see this: Posted Tuesday, February 6, 2007 12:00 am, sorry.. my bad.. bleh

Anybody in the Northern San Deigo area late February??? Check it out!!
North San Diego County Community News Briefs: Joe Walsh concert to benefit Grauer School (http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/community/article_f1545e2c-cbfb-5440-8ced-65e0829e68ca.html)

sodascouts
01-20-2010, 02:41 AM
Unfortunately, that was posted in 2007. :(

sodascouts
01-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Ringo mentions Joe again, this time in a Q&A at the LA Grammy Museum (http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/20/ringo-starr-grammy-museum/) where he was performing (Joe was in attendance).

Here's the part about Joe:
"Warning: If you go to Ringo Starr's Los Angeles home for a cup of tea, prepare to end up on his album. As he began working on 'Y Not,' which came out Jan. 12, various guests were drafted into playing on the collection. 'The great Joe Walsh (http://www.spinner.com/tag/JoeWalsh/) was living in the guest house, so he came over to put guitars on it.'"

So Joe was living in Ringo Starr's guest house???

Prettymaid
01-21-2010, 05:09 PM
That's bizarre. Do you think it was before Joe got together with Maureen? I mean, it does say "as he began working on Y Not". Maybe that was years ago! :shrug:

sodascouts
01-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Well, Ringo released Liverpool 8 in 2008 so Joe must have laid the tracks down for Y Not after that. Maybe Marjorie was living with the Starkeys and Joe thought it would be more convenient if they had a "love nest" on site?

Or maybe it was the reverse - Joe was crashing at the Starkey's guest house, Marjorie also happened to be living there, they started spending time together and fell in love?

I'm sure Ringo has a palatial estate and since Joe no longer was living with his then-wife and kids thanks to his separation from Denise, he could hang at Ringo's as much as he liked. I'll bet it beat Joe's bachelor pads...

Prettymaid
01-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I thought I had her name wrong. I was to lazy to search for it. :blush:

TimothyBFan
01-22-2010, 08:26 AM
PM--just do what Ticky does-call her "the M word".

No matter how I try to work this out in my head-I keep coming back to the fact that Joe has gazillions of dollars--why would he be living in anyones guest house? Interesting!

sodascouts
01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
In other news - Joe's been a man about town lately!

On Jan. 29, he attended the ceremony for Roy Orbison's posthumous Walk of Fame star, according to the Charlotte Observer (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/132/story/1213729.html).

That night, he hit up Neil Diamond's MusiCares, according to Showbiz411 (http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/2010/01/30/neil-young-serenaded-by-elton-jt-dave-matthews-stars/).

It seems he went to both of these with Jeff Lynne... remember that whole bit about him working with Lynne on a solo album? I wonder if that will ever be more than rumor?

ticky
01-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Here's a pic off the Showbiz411 web site. Unfortunately it's really small.
http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/files/orbison_walk_of_fame_300x200.jpg

Freypower
01-31-2010, 06:32 PM
In other news - Joe's been a man about town lately!

On Jan. 29, he attended the ceremony for Roy Orbison's posthumous Walk of Fame star, according to the Charlotte Observer (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/132/story/1213729.html).

That night, he hit up Neil Diamond's MusiCares, according to Showbiz411 (http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/2010/01/30/neil-young-serenaded-by-elton-jt-dave-matthews-stars/).

It seems he went to both of these with Jeff Lynne... remember that whole bit about him working with Lynne on a solo album? I wonder if that will ever be more than rumor?

Neil Young received the MusiCares honour this year. Neil Diamond received it last year.

sodascouts
01-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Neil Young received the MusiCares honour this year. Neil Diamond received it last year.

Oh, how careless of me! :blush: Thanks for setting the record straight, FP.

ticky
02-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Here's a video of Roy Orbison's Walk of Fame presentation. Joe's in it at the end, but just for a minute when they're doing the photoshoot. Still, he looks pretty cute *G*

Roy Orbison's Walk of Fame presentation (http://www.clearspring.com/widgets/484d4b3d745a6e5b?p=484d4b3d745a6e5b&flv=autoplay%3Dfalse%26venueid%3D0%26showid%3D3467 6%26theme%3Ddefault)

sodascouts
02-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Here is a bigger photo from the Orbison gathering:

http://www.contactmusic.com/photos.nsf/main/roy_orbison_5422939

sodascouts
02-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Ringo Starr is getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Monday, Feb. 8. Joe is rumored to be a speaker. Let's keep an eye out!

sodascouts
02-07-2010, 12:46 PM
From KSHE95 (http://www.kshe95.com/musicnews/story.aspx?ID=1192583) - Ringo about Joe.

MikeA
02-07-2010, 01:37 PM
RINGO STARR SAYS HE COULD PLAY WITH JOE WALSH FOREVER

That's some pretty high praise coming from Ringo

TimothyBFan
02-07-2010, 10:12 PM
This reminds me---Yesterday Katie and I were in a store and the radio station they had on were having a Beatles weekend and they were giving away copies of Ringo's new album. The announcer said that the album included such guest as blah blah blah and Joe Walsh. Katie came running around the aisle saying, "did you hear that Mom?" :hilarious: I have my family trained so well! :)

sodascouts
02-24-2010, 01:56 PM
According to Blabbermouth.net (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=135563), Joe Walsh attended the memorial service for Dough Fieger, frontman for the Knack, who died last week.

sodascouts
02-24-2010, 02:28 PM
And has anybody heard about Joe Walsh appearing on Bones in the near future? So says this blog (http://bonesspoilers.blogspot.com/2010/02/joe-walsh-on-bones.html), but I'm not sure what to make of it.

AzEaglesFan
02-24-2010, 02:29 PM
I was watching a video of the Roy Orbison Walk of Fame and it looked to me like Joe helping Roy's wife out to the star and that he was the one that helped her to kneel down and then helped her to get up after the star was uncovered and the photos were taken. Do me a big favor and check it out and see of I was just seeing what or who I wanted to see. LOL

TimothyBFan
02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Ooh--That would be so cool! That is the only new show I try to watch every week. Will have to keep the eyes peeled!

AzEaglesFan
02-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Finally Joe and Glenn are getting out there and are making their fans happy. Soon the tours will start, I received my tickets for the Phoenix show and it states no cameras, video or audio allowed. Party poopers.

sodascouts
02-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I received my tickets for the Phoenix show and it states no cameras, video or audio allowed. Party poopers.

Eh, they ALL say that! It's venue policy in most places. It's whether or not they ENFORCE it that matters... I say bring that camera and hope for the best!

AzEaglesFan
02-24-2010, 02:52 PM
I ordered a camera that looks like a pair of binoculars. I'm hoping to fake them out if they start looking through purses. It doesn't have a flash but I can still take pictures when the stage is well lite. I hope.:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
02-24-2010, 02:55 PM
I think it was Steph who told us her pictures were taken with a binocular camera and they turned out great!

sodascouts
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
This is an excerpt from a blog dedicated to Paul McCartney (http://wogew.blogspot.com/2010/02/more-mccartney-dates.html):

"I attended McCartney's concert at London's O2 on the 22nd of December last year, and spotted Ringo in the audience, enjoying the concert together with his wife Barbara, her sister Marjorie and Marjorie's new husband Joe Walsh. Of course, I was hoping Ringo would get up on stage with Paul, and when Ringo and Joe Walsh disappeared some time in the middle of the show, I was thinking that they were probably making their way up to the stage. This didn't happen, the two reappeared at their spouses' side again after a while. I didn't think two men would accompany each other to the rest room, but then again, they may have just been away to get some sodas. Or shared a joint?"

Prettymaid
02-26-2010, 01:49 PM
This is an excerpt from a blog dedicated to Paul McCartney (http://wogew.blogspot.com/2010/02/more-mccartney-dates.html):

"I attended McCartney's concert at London's O2 on the 22nd of December last year, and spotted Ringo in the audience, enjoying the concert together with his wife Barbara, her sister Marjorie and Marjorie's new husband Joe Walsh. Of course, I was hoping Ringo would get up on stage with Paul, and when Ringo and Joe Walsh disappeared some time in the middle of the show, I was thinking that they were probably making their way up to the stage. This didn't happen, the two reappeared at their spouses' side again after a while. I didn't think two men would accompany each other to the rest room, but then again, they may have just been away to get some sodas. Or shared a joint?"

Hey, hey, our Joe doesn't do that anymore!

MikeA
02-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Hey, hey, our Joe doesn't do that anymore!

And Tiger Woods is the "ideal roll model" for young people everywhere!

:rofl:

I don't know if Joe burns Mother Nature any more. I presume he doesn't because of his involvement with AA.

Super Frey
02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
I agree, I don't think Joe smokes anymore, But allot of my family who are Joe Walsh fans, the think he does. But who knows.

sodascouts
03-06-2010, 11:44 PM
More of Joe Walsh attending events with buds Ringo Starr and Jeff Lynne this time a "Wilburys" Event, according to the Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ie0341f942810261fcfaeb1c10e16e928).

Prettymaid
03-07-2010, 01:30 PM
That's a hefty price!

sodascouts
03-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Seriously!! Is it made of gold? They're only gonna sell it to folks like Joe and Ringo who have money to burn, or super-hardcores! But it's a limited edition, so there are probably enough rich and/or extremely dedicated fans to buy up all the copies. Still, seems pretty overpriced to me.

Prettymaid
03-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I bought the cassette with the song Handle With Care after it came out on the radio. It was a good album. With Harrison and Orbison dead, I'm sure the book will be sought after.

TimothyBFan
03-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Just want to ask---Does Ringo and Joe go anywhere without the other any more? :hilarious:

tbs fanatic
03-08-2010, 11:24 AM
LOL - it sure doesn't seem like:cheers:. As for the book :woah: You would think even a hardcore fan would have trouble handing over that much money for a book :eyebrow:.

Prettymaid
03-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Just want to ask---Does Ringo and Joe go anywhere without the other any more? :hilarious:

:shh: Willie - it's an inside secret nobody is supposed to know...they are actually married to each other! :lol:

tbs fanatic
03-09-2010, 04:33 PM
LOL - well there's no harm asking.

sodascouts
03-10-2010, 01:42 AM
:shh: Willie - it's an inside secret nobody is supposed to know...they are actually married to each other! :lol:

LOL!!!

sodascouts
03-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Here's an article about Joe helping out families dealing with meth addiction:

Superstar Joe Walsh Supports Hawkes Bay Meth Initiative (http://www.hawkesbay.co.nz/index.php/201003038370/Sport/Sport/Superstar-Joe-Walsh-Supports-Hawkes-Bay-Meth-Initiative.html)
Posted by Max Patmoy

Prettymaid
03-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Joe Walsh’s commitment to the project stems from a spiritual experience he had on a visit to Otatara many years ago. He calls it ‘a special place’.
At that time Joe was addicted to methamphetamine and other substances but on a visit to Otatara he had a form of epiphany and ‘came to his senses’. On his return to the USA he joined AA and has been clean and sober ever since.

Do we know what this "spiritual experience" was? If I've read about it I've forgotten.

TimothyBFan
04-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Didn't know where else to put this. I was on ebay looking for Chris Rea albums and I found this picture in one of the auctions. Check out the caption in the corner of it! :thumbsup:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Legends%20of%20Rock/ChrisRea8.jpg

Troubadour
04-20-2010, 12:14 PM
That's so cool! :nod:

Prettymaid
04-20-2010, 01:31 PM
That's exactly what happened to me! :blueblob:

tequila girl
05-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Just found this - part of a review from The Birmingham Mail c.July 2009

"Joe is lovably eccentric – when introducing “Life’s Been Good” he said - “If I’d known I was gonna have to play this for the rest of my life I’d have written something else.”

It made me laugh!!:hilarious:

EaglesFanatic
08-08-2010, 01:00 PM
I found this today (apologies if it has been posted already).

http://www.inmusicwetrust.com/articles/52h09.html

08-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks for posting that link, EF. I got quite a few giggles out of reading that interview. I found this question to be really interesting and a very different take on this than Felder's account.

IMWT: Let's settle it: who wrote the "Hotel California" solo, you or Don Felder?
JW: I would think that's a joint effort. The lead parts that we trade off, he came up with his, I came up with mine. And the stuff that we played together was worked out together.

Brooke
08-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, cute interview. Joe is his usual hilarious self, but he seems very serious during the HC parts bit. I'm like dreamer, interesting. :hmm:

jdubfan
08-09-2010, 07:28 PM
McCartney interview, about halfway down in the birthday section, he talks about Joe helping him "gobsmack" (l love that term) Ringo for his birthday

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/08/06/paul-mccartney-interview.html

sodascouts
08-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Love it! Thanks for the link!

Prettymaid
08-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Good interview. Hard to believe the man is close to seventy and has a six year old!

As far as the Joe mention --- :inlove:

I saw that vid somewhere around here...

Brooke
08-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Very nice interview. How cool is it to call a Beatle your brother-in-law?!

TimothyBFan
08-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Very nice interview. How cool is it to call a Beatle your brother-in-law?!

One step further---How cool is it to be a Beatle and call an Eagle your brother in law?!? :hilarious:

tequila girl
08-12-2010, 08:39 AM
One step further---How cool is it to be a Beatle and call an Eagle your brother in law?!? :hilarious:

I agree Willie.......that has much more clout! :hilarious:

MikeA
08-12-2010, 10:04 AM
On the HC question: It may have been in Felder's book that I read it or it may have been in something I found on one of the Walsh interviews.

What I recall hearing is that Felder was kicking back looking over a bay or some ocean front scene and the chord progression came to mind and he worked it into the arpeggio format in a sort of reggae feel and took it to Henley (I think). He liked it and it morfed into Hotel California with the inspiration of lyrics provided by the desert, LA and the social situation in which they found themselves. It was mostly Henley on the lyrics with Frey adding comment and thoughts.

I seem to have always recalled that Felder and Walsh heterodyned on the solo parts after the introduction.

Brooke
08-12-2010, 10:14 AM

Very, very cool! :lol:

ticky
09-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Here's a really interesting interview with Joe from AU Radio. He talks about his addiction and recovery a bit! It's well worth a listen.

Joe Walsh on the Jono and Dano Show (http://www.jonoanddano.com.au/blog/joe-walsh-eagles)

TimothyBFan
09-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Great interview. Very open about what made him get sober. Love the part about surprising Ringo at his birthday by getting Paul McCartney there.

You know I have to mention this, when interviewer talks about the "rest of the band, you, Glenn Frey and Don Henley....". Again no freakin' mention of the bass player who must be the figment of my imagination. Love when Joe goes on to talk about during the time off, they all realized how much they missed it and learned to accept who each other are and get on with it again. :thumbsup: Thank goodness!!!!

Would love to know the things on his "grateful list" he has for each day. Good for him.

Great interview!!!! Thanks Ticky for finding it!

Brooke
09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Great interview! Joe sounds like such a nice guy. Loved the part about forgiving and forgetting and when asked if they would play Rocky Mountain Way and Life's Been Good he said oooookaaaay! :lol:

Prettymaid
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Thanks Ticky. Good interview! Joe has a "grateful list"? So do I and Joe's at the top! :inlove:

jdubfan
09-02-2010, 09:22 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_15966194

Joe has a hoot

Koala
10-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Emma's fountain lives long after rock 'n' roll tragedy

http://www.dailycamera.com/features/ci_16348612

Glennhoney
10-24-2010, 01:01 PM
...how sad..I'd never heard the full story before...

sodascouts
10-24-2010, 02:39 PM
I've never heard it from the mother's perspective before. Wow, so tragic. To have to make the decision to take your 3-year-old daughter off life support... horrific.

Brooke
10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
What a sad story. And wasn't she a cute little girl. Love that denim skirt she's wearing! Her whole outfit looks very fashionable for the time.

tequila girl
10-25-2010, 10:04 AM
.....and what a shame the fountain has been vandalized and there are no plans to restore it :sad:

Brooke
10-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Maybe Joe will hear about it and step in.

jdubfan
10-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Interview w/ STP guitarist Dean DeLeo:

http://www.independent.com/news/2010/oct/25/stone-temple-pilots-previewed/

There are some references in your playing on this album to the playing of the great guitarists like Jimmy Page who came before you. Do you feel like you have become one of them? I got a call from Joe Walsh, and he said he was putting together a band together with some mutual friends, and the next thing I knew, I was onstage with Joe jamming on “Funk #49.” We were playing loud, and it started sounding really good. I looked over at Joe, and he was already looking at me, and it was deep. Not exactly an out-of-body experience, but it was a moment. I thought to myself, “I’ve joined the club.”

Welcome to the club?

Putting together a band, hmmmm.... a gathering of folks working on the new album? Or a touring band?? Or maybe just for fun???

sodascouts
10-26-2010, 12:27 PM
That was my first thought, too, jdub. A band for what???

A testament to Joe, though, that this guy feels that when Joe Walsh thinks you're good, you've made it.

Prettymaid
10-26-2010, 01:06 PM
It's hard to tell in that context what the time frame was. Was it recent or was it 10 years ago?

Scooby
11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
check out getty and wire images for Joe and Ringo, a benefit in L.A last night....a celebration of John Lennon songs for hunger at Hard Rock....

TimothyBFan
11-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Interview from a Sydney newspaper.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/the-eagles-share-their-tips-for-longevity-20101118-17yvs.html

Love this part...
"Mind you, their catalogue is deep enough that the Eagles could probably play three nights in a row without repeating a song. That could be the next step for the Eagles, create their own Woodstock – maybe Eaglestock. Of course, on the fourth day they might be near death but what a way to go, playing a hundred of your songs in one long weekend blast."

We'd all be there for sure!!

GlennLover
11-18-2010, 03:23 PM
"Unlike his more famous/intense/self-absorbed (take your pick) band mates, Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Timothy B. Schmit, the affable Walsh is happy to talk and have a laugh."

Can't believe Timothy was included in this sentence. He's very press-friendly and fan-oriented from everything I've heard.

I had the same thoughts when I read that. "Self-absorbed" is certainly not a term that one would use to describe Timothy!

TimothyBFan
11-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Now see, I was going to ignore it because I thought I was being over sensitive in regards to my poor unappreciated (except all of us here) Timmy once again. Glad I'm not the only one that thought that was just wrong. :brickwall:

EaglesFanatic
11-18-2010, 03:51 PM
That really surprises me that they would say something like that about Timothy. It makes me wonder why they would think that about him. I mean, from what I've seen, he's nothing but modest...

Freypower
11-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Er.... I don't consider Glenn to be very self-absorbed either. I am not even sure about 'more famous'.

I should have found that in the SMH! Hopefully I will get the paper version.

As for the 'deep catalogue' it would be nice to actually see evidence of it.

Oh, and by the way..... if Bernard Zuel writes the SMH review of the first show, I hope it is a bit more positive than the rubbish he wrote in 2004.

11-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah I found the comment to be rather silly. I don't really considered Joe to be any less famous or intense than his bandmates. As for self-absorbed part, should we assume he knows all of these guys well and, therefore, is capable of making such a judgement? :roll:

sodascouts
11-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Unlike his more famous/intense/self-absorbed (take your pick) band mates, Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Timothy B. Schmit, the affable Walsh is happy to talk and have a laugh.
I don't think we should read too much into that comment. I imagine the author was just trying to be clever and witty with that line.... and failing.

Regardless, it was a cute interview. Thanks for finding it, TBF! I love that "Eaglestock" line, too.

jdubfan
12-11-2010, 10:12 AM
NICE PIC, NEAT GUITAR

http://wdef.com/news/joe_walshs_guitar_will_be_made_in_downtown_chattan ooga/12/2010

12-11-2010, 12:24 PM
That is a cool looking guitar. Thanks for posting that Deb.

MikeA
12-11-2010, 01:56 PM
$4,390 retail on that axe. There is a blusey demo of it here. I think I'll probably wait until after Christmas to run out and get one.

The guy in the center is playing the JBD-100. The other guy on the right is playing a JBD-800.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23EfnMGYefU

TimothyBFan
12-14-2010, 09:21 AM
This link was posted by 3Encore on their Facebook this morning.

http://wdef.com/news/joe_walshs_guitar_will_be_made_in_downtown_chattan ooga/12/2010

Not much about Joe but that beautiful picture of him holding that custom made guitar (thank you Austin for telling us that!) is also included.

jdubfan
12-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Some salvage statements from Joe down under, plus a blurb from Ringo. I could play w/Joe forever too.....:)

http://www.b1027.com/music/rock-report/12382-joe-walsh-says-the-eagles-are-still-keeping-the-peace.html

Koala
01-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Jimmy Page’s Top 10 Guitar Moments
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/jimmy-page-0107-2011/
Joe Walsh is briefly mentioned

Page purchased the sunburst ’59 Gibson Les Paul Standard that would become hallowed as his “Number One” from Joe Walsh in April 1969 during a tour of the U.S. in the wake of Led Zeppelin. ..................But the six-string from Walsh was different. It felt perfect in his hands and on his shoulders – where it would hang for thousands of iconic concerts – and conjured the heavy sound he envisioned in a nearly effortless manner.

WalshFan88
01-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Jimmy Page’s Top 10 Guitar Moments
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/jimmy-page-0107-2011/
Joe Walsh is briefly mentioned

Yup he got his main Les Paul from Walsh. I'm in the process of converting one of my LP's (my #1) to look AND sound like Page's #1.

jdubfan
01-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Joe interview with Chinese press.

"Eagles ranks among the best-known Western groups among Chinese. Every Chinese person who listens to Western pop music knows them," said DJ Zhang Ming of Love Radio, a 24-hour music radio channel in Shanghai.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/indepth/2011-01/11/c_13685123.htm

sodascouts
01-12-2011, 02:57 AM
Cool! I just saw this same interview on Joe's site along with the "new" photo here (http://www.joewalsh.com/news.php).

I don't know how familiar Chinese audiences are with the Eagles' music. We may rework the set list a little bit for the concerts in China. Fortunately we have many songs so we can rotate them.

Interesting - wonder what the changes will be? I kind of get the feeling from this statement he means more classic hits and less LROOE. Hope I'm wrong.

I also think it's funny that he believes Chinese audiences will be "more polite." How so, I wonder? Of course he may have just been joking about how concerned Chinese society is with etiquette.

Annabel
01-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Maybe he means nobody will be throwing their knickers at the stage ;) :hilarious:

I've read somewhere else that the band felt that the Japanese audience are 'very respectful'. They listen to the music rather than participate along. :eyebrow: Each to their own. :). I want to be singing away with them and having fun when they come back to London, hopefully this year. Really embarrass my DD. :laugh:

Freypower
01-12-2011, 06:26 PM
My turn to be a pedant: the '14 year vacation' quote was wrongly attributed.

I don't know what they will play in China. Given how unresponsive they seemed to think Australia was to the newer songs it would not surprise me if most of them vanished.

I hadn't seen any of those photos either. :partytime:

jdubfan
01-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Greatest 50 Rock riffs, Joe's mentioned twice! Other than Joe and Clapton, didn't see anyone else 2x.
Wow, some props for a change.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/01/13/rock-guitar-riffs/

Prettymaid
01-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Let's just say there's a reason Walsh appears on this list twice.

Yes there is! :headbang::rockguitar:

MikeA
01-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Hard to argue with any of the selections in these type "awards".

I have to say that I'm totally amazed at the Slash story about Sweet Chile Of Mine. A riff that is so iconic that was nothing more than an attempt to make someone laugh?

Anyone who can come up with something like that on the spur of the moment is someone whose soul has to have been contaminated!

sodascouts
01-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Twice eh? You go, Joe!

WalshFan88
01-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Hard to argue with any of the selections in these type "awards".

I have to say that I'm totally amazed at the Slash story about Sweet Chile Of Mine. A riff that is so iconic that was nothing more than an attempt to make someone laugh?

Anyone who can come up with something like that on the spur of the moment is someone whose soul has to have been contaminated!

My guess is he was playing those 8 opening notes real slow and kind of making a joke about it. Then he figured out it sounded good sped up, and then it became SCOM. My personal favorite Guns song is "Paradise City". But I love the whole Appetite for Destruction album and Use Your Illusions, but not as much as Appetite. I have a set of Slash signature Duncan pickups in one of my Les Pauls that nails that SCOM tone through a Marshall stack.

The pickups were wound exactly like the pickups that were in the guitar he used to record the album (a handmade '59 LP Replica built by a master luthier in LA). He used that guitar with those Duncans into an old Marshall head (a 59 Super that had been modified by a pro amp tech in LA). That made the AFD Guns sound. For the UYI Guns sound it was same guitar, same pickups, but into a different Marshall (a JCM800 that had also been modified, but by a different guy in LA). The new Slash signature Marshall amp head combines both amp circuits in one with a metal switch so you can choose if you want AFD tone or UYI-to-recent tone. Cool amp.

Freypower
01-14-2011, 06:21 PM
You go Joe indeed (but can I just say I was relieved when I reached #9) :spin: ;-) .

AzEaglesFan
01-15-2011, 03:12 AM
Am I reading this right, that Joe will be in Ohio on January 21st
???
http://www.cantonrep.com/entertainment/ticket/x512656300/Rockin-in-my-town

sodascouts
01-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Joe Vitale, yes. Joe Walsh, no.

AzEaglesFan
01-16-2011, 02:16 AM
When I read that they were charging $5.00 and $7.00 I figured I had to be reading it wrong. Would have been nice for the people in Canton.

Prettymaid
01-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Can you imagine playing RMW in a guitar recital and having Joe Vitale playing drums for you? Talk about being nervous!

jdubfan
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Joe's old friend Michael Stanley

http://top40-charts.com/news/Rock/Seventies-Rock-Pioneer-Michael-Stanley-Releases-New-Cd-Shadowland/62778.html

jdubfan
02-05-2011, 10:35 PM
blogspot about Joe having the original art piece from the Revolver album

http://rocknrolldetective.blogspot.com/

02-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Now that is just cool! Great find, Deb.

Freypower
02-06-2011, 06:11 PM
It seems only fitting that Ringo's brother-in-law should have the artwork for (IMO) the greatest album ever made.:rockon:

Brooke
02-07-2011, 04:51 PM
That is cool! Take care of it, Joe! :thumbsup:

jdubfan
02-13-2011, 01:25 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5442320754_1c647d0f8c.jpg

Artwork on display today....you better get home and pack Joe!

http://kluv.radio.com/2011/02/12/beatles-revolver-original-cover-art-on-display-today/

02-13-2011, 01:29 PM
AWESOME!!!

Prettymaid
02-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks Deb. I especially enjoyed the video.

sodascouts
02-16-2011, 03:05 AM
Joe is once again the focus of mock-newspaper The Onion's "News in Photos":

http://www.theonion.com/articles/joe-walsh-wakes-up-on-stage-midsolo-again,19180/

It's the exact same photo they used last time:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/joe-walsh-executed-to-keep-eagles-greatest-hits-sa,10174/

Guess they're getting their money's worth out of it!

Annabel
02-16-2011, 05:07 AM
:laugh: makes them consistent ;)

TimothyBFan
02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this and figured here's as good as anywhere. Listening to Sirius Radio Classic Rewind and Meg Griffin is the DJ right now. She played a Steve Winwood song and then told a story about "several years ago", being at the Ritz and hanging out with Steve Winwood and Joe Walsh. Said Steve wasn't much of a drinker but none of them were feeling any pain that night. Now she's playing Life's Been Good. I'm thinking about the Survivor game. :hilarious:

WalshFan88
02-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this and figured here's as good as anywhere. Listening to Sirius Radio Classic Rewind and Meg Griffin is the DJ right now. She played a Steve Winwood song and then told a story about "several years ago", being at the Ritz and hanging out with Steve Winwood and Joe Walsh. Said Steve wasn't much of a drinker but none of them were feeling any pain that night. Now she's playing Life's Been Good. I'm thinking about the Survivor game. :hilarious:

LOL! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
02-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Not really press, but I found this at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004J2FJEW/ref=s9_simh_bw_p74_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1QBVZSCH911T2DR9GAM0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1280261722&pf_rd_i=5174

sodascouts
02-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Not really press, but I found this at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004J2FJEW/ref=s9_simh_bw_p74_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1QBVZSCH911T2DR9GAM0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1280261722&pf_rd_i=5174

"Icon"? What's this? Another greatest hits package? Love that cover photo of Joe!

MikeA
02-18-2011, 07:58 AM
I wonder if ICON is going to remaster releases? Doesn't sound like they will be re-releasing prior albums (like the hard to find Barnstorm).

It does sound like a "package" of old releases...i.e. "Greatest Hits" thingie.

02-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Hmmm - very interesting. Definitely worth keeping an eye on!

WalshFan88
02-19-2011, 08:27 AM
I will be sure to get this whenever it comes out!

It does indeed look like a greatest hits package.

jdubfan
02-24-2011, 10:06 PM
"Best Top 10" Talk box solos

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/talkbox-0224-2011/

WalshFan88
02-25-2011, 12:19 AM
"Best Top 10" Talk box solos

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/talkbox-0224-2011/

I saw that this morning in my Facebook feed. Gibson, being a guitar company, is on my list of pages I follow. I was glad to see Walsh make the list but RMW should have been higher on the list! ;)

02-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks EF. As far as that article goes, my first impression was "Wow - to only be known to some as the clown prince of rock, Joe sure does know a lot about guitars". :thumbsup:

And as far as that Talk Box article, I totally agree with you Austin - Rocky Mountain Way should have been way higher than some of the other songs on that list. And where in the crap is Peter Frampton's Show Me the Way! :shock: That's why I think most of the "best of" type lists like this are so lame.