PDA

View Full Version : Hi There, How Are Ya?

jdubfan
01-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi, I'm Deb (right hand raised) and I'm a Walsh-a-holic. Been partaking some Joe daily for around 40 years now and have no intent on stopping.
I currently live in the great state of (cold & snowy) Indiana. :partytime: Unfortunately, for right now, in the lake effect snow areas (near Notre Dame at the very north part of the state.)
My daytime job as an Environmental Scientist (a What? :headscratch:) is purely to fund my passion - Music. Mostly buying too many CDs, concert tickets and the travel required to see my favorites. I've been an Eagles fan since the 70s and was thrilled when Joe joined in. I'm also a big blues fan, good rock and roll, or anything with lotsa guitars.
This is a great site, you folks really know yer Eagles. I thought I did, but I've learned a lot browsing around. All the fancy avatars and sigs are great, too. Very creative. I'm slowly working my way thru the subjects, expecially each guys pics, boy - there's a lot of them. :thumbsup: Great stuff!

Prettymaid
01-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Welcome Deb, from another Joe fan. Glad to have you!

ticky
01-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Hey Deb and welcome. I to am a Joe-phyte and it's always good to have another Walshiper here *G* Hmm maybe I should be an envromentawho'sawhatsit too, I definitely need to fund my obsession. The whole selling my body to fund the concert thing is just NOT working... people are SOOO picky these days...
Another Indiana-ian (or whatever..) (looks suspiciously at soda and Willie :???:) *G* well welcome, you've found the absolute best place on the internet for Eagles fans!

This guy says Welcome too!! *G*
http://tickypages.com/JoeWalsh/album7/JWalshBaseballHat.jpg

Brooke
01-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Welcome from me, too, Deb! This is a wonderful place for all things Eagles and Joe!

Glad you found us!

TimothyBFan
01-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Hey Deb--A very big,happy & snowy hello from another Hoosier also from up north, actually I am about 1/2 hour west of Notre Dame in the snow capital of Indiana, New Carlisle! How 'bout that being a small world? Our Soda is also a Hoosier. I'm also a lifetime fan of our Eagles but my guy is Timothy! Glad you found us. You will enjoy it here!!!

eaglesvet
01-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey Deb and welcome. I to am a Joe-phyte and it's always good to have another Walshiper here *G* Hmm maybe I should be an envromentawho'sawhatsit too, I definitely need to fund my obsession. The whole selling my body to fund the concert thing is just NOT working... people are SOOO picky these days...
Another Indiana-ian (or whatever..) (looks suspiciously at soda and Willie :???:) *G* well welcome, you've found the absolute best place on the internet for Eagles fans!

This guy says Welcome too!! *G*
http://tickypages.com/JoeWalsh/album7/JWalshBaseballHat.jpg
Is he giving our resident Indianians (is that right?) the 'suspicious' look, too, Ticky?

BTW, Welcome, Debbie...enjoy yourself here! An Environmental Scientist sounds like a very necessary career in this day and age...what about the
environment do you study?

sodascouts
01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey Deb! Love your MySpace. Welcome! Indianans rock! ;)

TimothyBFan
01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey! We are HOOSIERS!!! :) (Don't ask me what a Hoosier is tho):eyebrow:

ticky
01-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Is that Hoosier as in HOOSIER daddy?

Peekaboo
01-15-2009, 07:26 PM
A big welcome from me too, Deb!!! For all things Eagles, and Joe, this is the place to be. From the looks of things, I think you'll find yourself right at home here.

TimothyBFan
01-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Is that Hoosier as in HOOSIER daddy?

:hilarious: Yeah Baby!!!

Glennsallnighter
01-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Hi, I'm Deb (right hand raised) and I'm a Walsh-a-holic. Been partaking some Joe daily for around 40 years now and have no intent on stopping.
I currently live in the great state of (cold & snowy) Indiana. :partytime: Unfortunately, for right now, in the lake effect snow areas (near Notre Dame at the very north part of the state.)

Hi Deb! Welcome from Dublin Ireland as well where its not quite as cold and not snowy, but we still need the boys to heat us up properly. As you've probably guessed, I'm a Glenn :heart: a holic and cant get enough of him!!

My daytime job as an Environmental Scientist (a What? :headscratch:) is purely to fund my passion - Music. Mostly buying too many CDs, concert tickets and the travel required to see my favorites.

I know the feeling. My job is part time and again is used to fund Eagles tickets, guitars and a certain ebay habit when it comes to Eagles/Glenn :heart: memorabilia

I've been an Eagles fan since the 70s and was thrilled when Joe joined in. I'm also a big blues fan, good rock and roll, or anything with lotsa guitars.
This is a great site, you folks really know yer Eagles. I thought I did, but I've learned a lot browsing around. All the fancy avatars and sigs are great, too. Very creative. I'm slowly working my way thru the subjects, expecially each guys pics, boy - there's a lot of them. :thumbsup: Great stuff

I'm glad you are enjoying yourself so much! I hope you continue to do so!

MikeA
01-16-2009, 09:30 AM
How Ya Doin' Deb! Welcome to the Club. Little did he know that back in the 70's....even 60's....that there was a kid finding out that the Smoker he drank, the player he was gettin'. Hard to believe it was 40 years ago! So What! Who cares now whether that kid confesses to being a Joe Freak or just another ordinary average guy!

Kansas here and glad to make your acquaintance!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Spoken like a true Joe Walsh fan, Mike. :lol:

And welcome jdubfan. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. We like it here, too. Have fun "browsing" through all the topics. Between this message board, and all of the other sites in the Eagles Online Central network, I think you could be occupied for quite a while. :wink:

Troubadour
01-18-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to say a big welcome from me too, Deb! We're really glad you found us. I'm Louise and I'm a Don girl, although obviously I love all of the guys ;) Come on in and have some fun!

Stars
01-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Deb! Welcome from me too! I am a big Glenn/Don fan, but I do enjoy all the Eagles, past and present, very much. I've been loving their music since I was a college junior in 1973, but only recently got into them in a big way.
Enjoy the Border-I think you will have a blast here!:partytime:

jdubfan
01-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the welcome, folks, I'm proud to be a JW fan, an Eagles fan, an enviro mental-case and an Indianaian. And I am absolutely a Joe Freak. It's hard to explain to others, but I bet you all can relate better than my friends and family do. Whew, it's nice to find some people who don't get all glassy-eyed and dazed-looking when I talk about Joe or the guys! TimBFan, I'm about 30 miles east of you in Elkhart, small internet, eh? I've seen Joe many, many times. Seen Don and JD Souther at a Charlie Daniels' Volunteer Jam sometime in the early 80s. Finally lost my Eagles werginity last fall! :) After being an Eagles fan forever, karma finally caught me up with them. And I got a m&g with Joe! Outstanding on many levels.
Next up, I'm going to Cleveland and Columbus in March. I shouldn't, but now that I've started - I can't quit :thumbsup: Trying to remain calm, breathe deep and take it One Day At A Time. Thanks for understanding!

TimothyBFan
01-19-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm still up in the air on whether I am going to Cleveland, Columbus or one of the Chicago area shows to see them again. (I know Soda--I told you just a few nights ago I wasn't!) If I do, maybe we can meet there. PM-weren't you and hubby talking about doing Cleveland also?

BTW--Deb my hubby works over in Wakarusa so very familiar with the Elkhart area! Small world really!!

MikeA
01-19-2009, 12:17 PM
You guys heading for Cleveland: Add an extra day to your trip plans and spend it in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. It takes at least a day to really go through it. So much there! So Much!

jdubfan
01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
So the HOF is worthwhile to see? We're discussing that option. We have already decided to spend the night as Cleveland is an almost 4 hr drive and nobody really wants to drive back home afterwards. Altho I already know I won't be sleeping much, I'll be way too freaked out.

Prettymaid
01-19-2009, 05:21 PM
PM-weren't you and hubby talking about doing Cleveland also?

We did talk about it. We would definitely like to see the RRHOF someday. Will I get kicked out of the Borderhood if I admit that I'm not so sure I want to spend that much money to see the guys again? Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see them again, but I can also think of a lot of other things I'd like to do with my money! Seeing them once was a dream come true. I may just have to live with that.

TimothyBFan
01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Whew!! Glad to hear it! Trust me, I'm the same way. If I had money at my disposal, that is exactly how I would spend it but since it's not growing on any of my trees out back, that isn't going to happen. I probably won't go either. Can't get any takers to put out the money to go with me and I sure don't need to spend that much money again but...

HOF is something everyone who loves rock n roll should see. It is fantastic! I loved my one trip there even tho I didn't get to see what my hubby took me in the first place to see. A lot of you here know that story! :-x:-x:-x

MikeA
01-19-2009, 06:21 PM
It's been a while since I've been three. Prolly 6 years. We had a Simon & Garfunkle "Old Friends" concert one night and the next, the Eagles at the same venue in Columbus. The morning after the S&G concert, we drove up to Cleveland, and rushed through the RnRHF in about 3 hours. We didn't have time to really take it in! Just too much to see in less than a full day. But we got a good taste of it and if I were anywhere near, I would definitely revisit and take a LOT more time going through what's presented there! It was great.

Mrs Henley
01-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey Deb, welcome here!
Have a lot of fun!

EagleLady
01-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I know I'm a little late but welcome Deb

Just Another Hired Hand
01-24-2009, 12:35 AM
HOF is something everyone who loves rock n roll should see. It is fantastic! I loved my one trip there even tho I didn't get to see what my hubby took me in the first place to see. A lot of you here know that story! :-x:-x:-x

It is definitely on my bucket list. Probably in the next two years. This year Tiffanny Twisted and I will be going to Graceland.

Silly me...I just went back and read the first post and I forgot to say,"Welcome Deb."

eaglesvet
01-25-2009, 08:48 PM
It is definitely on my bucket list. Probably in the next two years. This year Tiffanny Twisted and I will be going to Graceland.

Silly me...I just went back and read the first post and I forgot to say,"Welcome Deb."
I don't know any details whatsoever, because I just haven't had time to google, but apparently they just opened a RRHOF Annex in NYC!