PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans, LA concert 1-23-09

Stars
01-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I have some very exciting news! Tomorrow, Jan.21st, hubby and I are heading down to New Orleans, and I am hoping to see the Eagles on Friday!:blueblob:
I don't yet have my ticket, but I am thinking positive thoughts and hoping for a good seat.:thumbsup:
Hubby has been wanting to show me New Orleans for about five years now, and when I found out our guys are going to be playing there on Friday, I suggested we plan the trip to coincide with their concert.:)
Mike has no interest in seeing them again (he saw them with me in Washington, and said "Once is enough!"), so I only need to find a single ticket. Please keep your fingers crossed for me! If I do make it to the concert, I'll be sure to post all details!!:partytime:

TimothyBFan
01-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Stars--Good luck on the ticket and enjoy the whole trip! Can't wait to hear back from you regarding everything!!! We will all be with you in spirit for the concert!

Peekaboo
01-20-2009, 11:13 AM
That's so great that you get to see the guys again!! Good luck with the ticket!!! My fingers are crossed for ya!!!

sodascouts
01-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Good luck, Stars! I know you'll have a great time!

Brooke
01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
That's fabulous Stars!

Have a wonderful time and let us know all about it!

Stars
01-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the good wishes, everybody! I am keeping my fingers crossed that a ticket shows up, and I will certainly post about my experience first chance I get. We will be in New Orleans for six days, starting tomorrow, and I am hoping the hotel has a computer for guests to use!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
01-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Good luck Stars!

DonFan
01-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Have fun, Stars--you are seeing my favorite band in one of my favorite cities!

Just Another Hired Hand
01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm pulling for you, Stars, and know you'll share the experience with all of us with another one of your great reviews. I wish Tiffanny Twisted and I could be there with you.

Stars
01-21-2009, 07:16 AM
We are leaving for the airport in about an hour and a half!! Thanks again, everyone for all the good luck wishes. I'll keep you posted!:thumbsup:
And Just Another Hired Hand, I wish you and Tiffany Twisted could come along with me too! I'll be sure to post all details when I can get to a computer!:)
Bye for now!:grouphug:

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Hope you had a great night Stars and that you did indeed manage to grab some of those elusive tickets.

sodascouts
01-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Still haven't heard from Stars, eh? I hope all went well!

Stars
01-29-2009, 05:52 PM
We are back from New Orleans, but sadly, I didn't get a chance to see our guys.:-( As you know, I went down there without a ticket, but had high hopes of getting one some way, some how! Well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. The morning of the concert, I got online, and tried to find a ticket there, with no success. Then I went over to the box office in the morning, where I was told there were no tickets available! I told the woman I would check back later, and she seemed to think some tickets might be found then. About 5 o'clock I returned, and though some tickets had shown up, the best I could find was row 29 on the floor, and I didn't really think I could afford to spend that much and not see as well as I hoped. So I decided to miss the concert, and you can only imagine how bad I felt, knowing they were playing right in that city and I wouldn't be there!:sad:
However, in spite of missing the show, my husband and I had a great time in New Orleans-saw a lot of the sights, ate a lot of delicious food, and heard some great jazz and cajun music. Seeing the Eagles would have been the icing on the cake, but things don't always happen the way you wish they would. I was glad to read the great reviews of the show-it does sound like it was a great one!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I mean, I'm glad you had a good time with your husband, but what a shame about missing out on the concert.

But hey, you can use that money to see another show when they come near you again...

TimothyBFan
01-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear that Stars but at least you still had a memorable trip!!:grin:

Stars
01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks, Soda and TBF. I was thinking that at least I didn't have to go through PEW down there!
The strange thing was, while I was there, before the concert happened (we got there three days before the show), I had TWO very vivid dreams about our guys!:grin: I thought that meant that I was going to find a good ticket, but maybe it just meant I was only destined to see them in my dreams.:sigh: At any rate, I am going to post these dreams later on. I wrote them down in a notebook as soon as I woke up, thinking I would want to tell everyone on the board about them!:thumbsup:

EagleLady
01-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Aw Stars, I am sorry to hear you didn't get to see them, but at least you got to see the sights and sounds of New Orleans :)

Stars
01-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks, EL! And you are so right-my husband and I loved seeing the sights and hearing the sounds of New Orleans. He had been there twice before, and there was so much he wanted to show me. I was on sensory overload with the sounds, sights and tastes of that wonderful city!:thumbsup:

EagleLady
01-30-2009, 10:29 AM
I've always wanted to go there, to experience Mardi Gras, and the cajun food.

Stars
01-30-2009, 10:32 AM
EL, I think you would love it! I know Mardi Gras is supposed to be a lot of fun-it would be a great experience! Even though it's the end of February, they were already preparing for it while we were there. There were people standing on the balconies on Bourbon Street dropping bead necklaces right into the street. My husband caught a few, and I wore them around town!:partytime:

EagleLady
01-30-2009, 10:33 AM
That is neat :partytime: I love Mardi Gras and would love to catch A Moon pie or some beads

Brooke
01-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Awwww Stars, I'm so sorry you couldn't find a good ticket to the concert. What a bummer. :sad:

I am glad you managed to salvage a good time though.

I guess that could be a lesson to anyone planning on getting a great ticket at the last minute-it doesn't always happen.

Stars
01-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Thank you, Brooke. I had such high hopes too, and I had read on the board that several people had such great luck with last minute tickets elswhere.
As I said, it wasn't meant to be, but we did have such a good time. I tried not to be too depressed, but I did feel badly, especially the night of the concert.:depressed: What I forgot to mention is that we were walking on Bourbon Street the night of the show, and heard a bar band doing "Hotel California"! I said to my husband, "We must stop and listen, as this is the closest I'll come to hearing an Eagles song tonight!" :sigh: However, I must say it was a pretty good version-nothing like the real thing, of course!:nope:

Ive always been a dreamer
01-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Stars - I'm sorry for you that you couldn't score a good seat for the show. Although it probably pays off more times than not to wait and buy your ticket from the box office, unfortunately, it is definitely risky business and doesn't always work. I know you must have been really sad knowing the guys were playing and you weren't there. Oh well, like everyone said - on the bright side, you had a great trip, and you will, hopefully, have another opportunity to get great tickets to see the band in another city. :)

sodascouts
01-30-2009, 08:56 PM
When I visited my friend in Mississippi this last summer, we went on a day trip to New Orleans (she graduated from Loyola there). It wasn't long enough, that's for sure! What a great city.

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2009, 10:23 PM
I've its a lovely city as well and I'm sure you had a great time exploring Stars. Pity you didnt manage to score some tickets, hopefully you'll get to another gig soon.

Just Another Hired Hand
02-06-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm all bummmed out you didn't make the show, Stars. You write great reviews and I was looking forward to another. Oh well...better luck next trip.

The New Orleans info was great. I travel extensively in my job but I've never been to NO, LA. It is definitely on my bucket list of places to visit.

Thanks and welcome back.