PDA

View Full Version : You know you're addicted to the Eagles when....

Pages : [1] 2

Peekaboo
01-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Something that I posted in another thread made me think of this. I think it's safe to say that all of us Borderers are HUGE fans of the Eagles. We've got the albums, photos, posters, have seen or will see the guys numerous times in concert either together or solo. But sometimes you finally realize this and can say that you're completely addicted to the Eagles.

You know you're addicted to the Eagles when....

You lose track of time while being on an Eagles message board that you are late to your own birthday party.

sodascouts
01-20-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL Peek!

You're know you're addicted to the Eagles when you hunger to see the exact same show multiple times, even though it costs $200 a pop!

EagleLady
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
You Know You're addicted to The Eagles when you name your stuffed animals Don Glenn Tim and Joe :lol:

TimothyBFan
01-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I posted this awhile back in the topic "Going through PEW!" I think it should also go here...

Re: Going through PEW! Please HELP!! I might as well fess up also.

~It's pretty bad when your daughter comes out of your bedroom and says "Mom's Eagles shrine seems to be getting bigger" to her father. :eyebrow:

~You have an Eagles picture as a bookmark in your cheap trashy romance novel.

~When you have your ipod (that holds 1500 songs) on shuffle and it plays an Eagles songs (or one of their solo works) at least every 3rd or 4th song.

~When you pull up your email and 90% of the emails are informing you that someone has posted a reply on The Border to a topic you posted to.

~When you have more pictures downloaded on your computer of The Eagles than anything else, including family pics.

Need I go on?:headshake:

StephUK
01-20-2009, 07:14 PM
.....Almost everything anyone says reminds you of a lyric from an Eagles song, OR you talk in Eagles song lyrics

......You have more Eagles photos on your computer than family photos

Glennhoney
01-20-2009, 08:55 PM
OMG...that's me..........

ticky
01-20-2009, 10:29 PM
You know you're addicted to the Eagles when...

~Your young kids know all their names and expect them for family gatherings.

~When they ask "Is that Joe?" when you answer the phone.

~When you resent the fact that there's a football team called The Eagles.

Prettymaid
01-21-2009, 08:34 AM

~Your young kids know all their names and expect them for family gatherings.

~When they ask "Is that Joe?" when you answer the phone.

~When you resent the fact that there's a football team called The Eagles.

Lol Ticky! I actually have Joe Walsh listed in my phone's address book! Of course the number is made up, but it looks really cool to see him there!

How about this one -

even though you've reached your destination you stay in your car because an Eagles song is playing!

TimothyBFan
01-21-2009, 08:38 AM
even though you've reached your destination you stay in your car because an Eagles song is playing!

Which one of us here HASN"T done that? :hilarious:

Prettymaid
01-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Lol. I remember Soda telling a story on here somewhere about having someone with her and she wouldn't let them leave the car until the song was over.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh good grief - am I in trouble? I can relate to almost every one of these. I also figure that I'm addicted since anytime any of my good friends or family members hears or sees anything about the band, they call me to let me know. Of course, I usually always already know whatever they're calling about, but it's the sentiment that counts. :help:

Freypower
01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
The one about photos is true for me. That's all I have in my Photobucket account. As for the iPod, I used to get Eagles/solo songs more frequently but as I fill it up, that happens less often. But what is really sad about me is that on Glenn's solo songs and now I'm working on the Eagles songs he sings, I have replaced the majority of the album artwork with my avatars. When a song comes up it is always nice to see which avatar it has for its artwork. :confused:

Glennsallnighter
01-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Which one of us here HASN"T done that? :hilarious:

I have certainly done that!

You know you are addicted to the Eagles when......

They are the wallpaper on your laptop.......

Your best friend has a look at your new phone and comments '....Most people have a picture of their kids as on their phone, not a band......you have it bad!!

When you take out your credit card in the shop and your daughter says 'Take it to the limit Mammy'..........

You spend so long at a chat party that the sun is rising by the time you get to bed......

You plan to call your next child 'Glenn, Timothy, Joseph, Don' if a boy, or Eden if a girl.....

You have floored your savings on ILAA Tickets and signed memorabilia.....

Phrases such as 'I was Busy being Fabulous' belong to everyday speech.......

PGW and PEW are defined conditions in your medical book!!

.....as well as everything else mentioned above!!

Glennsallnighter
01-21-2009, 06:30 PM
The one about photos is true for me. That's all I have in my Photobucket account. As for the iPod, I used to get Eagles/solo songs more frequently but as I fill it up, that happens less often. But what is really sad about me is that on Glenn's solo songs and now I'm working on the Eagles songs he sings, I have replaced the majority of the album artwork with my avatars. When a song comes up it is always nice to see which avatar it has for its artwork. :confused:

Thats not sad FP!! Thats cool!

Prettymaid
01-22-2009, 09:55 AM
You know you are addicted to the Eagles when......

When you take out your credit card in the shop and your daughter says 'Take it to the limit Mammy'..........

Love this one! :laugh:

sodascouts
01-22-2009, 10:17 AM
When you can't see the sign that says "Glenn St." without smiling, even though it's right up the hill and you pass it at least twice a week.

01-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Hell - what's even worse, Soda - if I lived anywhere near Glenn Street, I'd probably have purchase real estate on it by now! :wink:

Peekaboo
01-22-2009, 04:51 PM
These are all really good ones everybody!!! How about....

When you check websites every single day for the best seats and best prices on Eagles tickets to an upcoming show.

When you hear an Eagles or solo song on the radio while driving and you make everybody in the car with you be quiet so you can listen to it.

DonFan
01-22-2009, 05:06 PM
...When you have had no one but Don Henley and/or the rest of the Eagles as your computer wallpaper for over FOUR years. :heart:

Freypower
01-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Ditto, DF. I am exactly the same as you. I did make one change to my User Account photo this week (we have Windows XP). I used the Obama Hope poster. It's only one week....

sodascouts
01-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Lol. I remember Soda telling a story on here somewhere about having someone with her and she wouldn't let them leave the car until the song was over.

Who me? Couldn't be! ;)

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2009, 07:16 PM
.....You have a handbag with Glenn :heart:'s picture on it and have a fuschia wallet in the bag!!

Freypower
01-22-2009, 07:46 PM
What about all my postcards and fridge magnets? I justify this by saying that I am a rabid collector of the things anyway so why should I not have postcards and magnets of the Eagles?

SweetHolly
01-22-2009, 09:56 PM
A while back I was talking to my aunt Sarah and every time I go up to visit, I force her to listen to the Eagles and their solo work. Anyways we were talking a while back and she couldn't remember if Get Over It was a solo song by Don or an Eagles song so I had to remind her that it was with the Eagles. Oh and my aunt Ellen gave me her HFO tour tshirt.

Peekaboo
01-22-2009, 11:36 PM
When your 4 year old niece sees a picture of the Eagles as the wallpaper on your cell phone and says "You really love the Eagles, don't you Auntie?"

EagleLady
01-22-2009, 11:40 PM
You know you're addicted when you can sing the words to every Eagles song

Peekaboo
01-23-2009, 12:40 AM
When your niece asks you if every song you listen to is the Eagles.

Btw, my niece was standing by me when i was on here earlier today and saw the pic that Dreamer has as her av and was asking me what happened to his shirt and why he was naked. Then when we were in my car and she heard the music playing she asked if it was the Eagles (of course it was) and then she said "that guy with no shirt is in the Eagles isn't he Auntie?" She had me laughing so hard.

sodascouts
01-23-2009, 12:55 AM
LOL!!!!!!!! That's great!

01-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Oh crap, PB! Don't tell me my AV is having a bad influence on our youth! :blush: I guess I'll just have to change it now. :lie: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Yes Dreamer!! I can just see you changing that av!! :rofl:

But PaB, thats a great story! Eagles with no shirts on! Mmmmmm!!

TimothyBFan
01-23-2009, 09:20 AM
First things first DREAMER DO NOT CHANGE THAT AVATAR!!!!!!

:bye: Hands up from everyone on here that thinks that 99% of every post in this thread could have been written by them! :thumbsup:

Brooke
01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
:wave:

I posted this in the Little things that remind you of the Eagles thread, but it fits here, too.

I was looking at a new catalog that came in the mail yesterday and noticed this caption:

THE HENLEY YOU LOVE.

Of course, I thought of Don and not clothes!

01-23-2009, 11:54 AM
:bye: :bye: :bye:

And TBF - Not to worry - there's no way I can change my avatar. Too many people have threatened to 'steal' it if I do. We'll just have to try to come up with an explanation for the small children as to why the Eagle is naked! :twisted:

DonFan
01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
THE HENLEY YOU LOVE.

Now THERE'S a visual for you--I thought you said "I thought of Don and no clothes." :twisted:

Prettymaid
01-23-2009, 08:06 PM
We'll just have to try to come up with an explanation for the small children as to why the Eagle is naked! :twisted:

We'll just tell the little tykes that the nice Eagle man didn't want to burn a cigarette hole in his nice pink shirt!

Littlemelly9
01-23-2009, 11:38 PM
when you cry the night afterr wishing that you could do it all again:(

01-24-2009, 04:50 PM
We'll just tell the little tykes that the nice Eagle man didn't want to burn a cigarette hole in his nice pink shirt!

That is hilarious, PM. It literally made me laugh out loud when I read it. I think you've found the perfect solution to our problem! :rofl:

TimothyBFan
01-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Here's one that should be called "you know you're addicted to the Eagles AND the Border"...

When you see a picture of the Eagles and you think of it in terms of which Borderer has that picture as their avatar.

ticky
01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
You know you're addicted to the Eagles (and probably need serious help) when....

You go on a long road trip by yourself, take a picture of your favorite Eagle with you AND point out all the sights to him, uhh it.. the picture *G* (In all fairness it was just the Country club and golf course because I knew he'd be interested in it... ok, and the ocean, the sea gulls out side our windows etc..)

eaglesvet
01-25-2009, 09:19 PM
.....Almost everything anyone says reminds you of a lyric from an Eagles song, OR you talk in Eagles song lyrics **

......You have more Eagles photos on your computer than family photos
** That would be 'Eaglese', Steph!

eaglesvet
01-25-2009, 09:25 PM
So, Dreamer, you're either promoting nudity or smoking...real nice, girlfriend!

eaglesvet
01-25-2009, 09:31 PM

I posted this in the Little things that remind you of the Eagles thread, but it fits here, too.

I was looking at a new catalog that came in the mail yesterday and noticed this caption:

THE HENLEY YOU LOVE.

You just reminded me of something that occurred back when I was a guest reader and not a full-fledged Borderer. I had a client come in with a new kitten named Henley. Naturally, I asked if he were named after Don. Unbelievably, the owner actually said she named the kitten after the shirt!!
:shrug: Go figure!!

eaglesvet
01-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Here's one that should be called "you know you're addicted to the Eagles AND the Border"...

When you see a picture of the Eagles and you think of it in terms of which Borderer has that picture as their avatar.
That's a good one! However, puts a little pressure on me...only 700 + posts into this habit...:wink::smile:

eaglesvet
01-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I haven't done this in awhile, since I'm not saving up for any upcoming shows..

you use Eagles tickets as units of currency--as in, "Darn! That unexpected plumbing repair just cost me 2 Eagles floor tickets! :-("

TimothyBFan
01-26-2009, 08:54 AM
You know you're addicted to the Eagles (and probably need serious help) when....

You go on a long road trip by yourself, take a picture of your favorite Eagle with you AND point out all the sights to him, uhh it.. the picture *G* (In all fairness it was just the Country club and golf course because I knew he'd be interested in it... ok, and the ocean, the sea gulls out side our windows etc..)

:hilarious::hilarious: I really needed a good laugh to start a Monday morning. Too Funny!!

Prettymaid
01-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah Ticky, I thought I was bad having Joe in my cell's phonebook! That is too funny!

01-26-2009, 10:59 AM
So, Dreamer, you're either promoting nudity or smoking...real nice, girlfriend!

Well, ev - I thought that those were the lesser of the evils. At least, the nice Eagle man isn't putting anything up his nose, or posing for any full length shots. Think positive, girl! :twisted: :lol:

EagleLady
01-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Oh come on EV, It's harmless nudity, besides, Better to have no shirt on than to try to bite it off :twisted:

Prettymaid
01-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, ev - I thought that those were the lesser of the evils. At least, the nice Eagle man isn't putting anything up his nose, or posing for any full length shots. Think positive, girl! :twisted: :lol:

:shh: Dreamer, the children!!!...

Peekaboo
01-27-2009, 03:04 AM
NOOOO Dreamer, you can't change your av!!! I think that Auntie Jess will just have to sit down with Nat Nat (the nickname for my neice, Natalie) and give her PM's explaination. You think she'll buy it? Yeah, she's only 4. She won't be knowing about any naked Eagles (or any other animals for that matter) for a looooong, looooooooong time.

eaglesvet
01-27-2009, 04:06 AM
Oh, I'd choose nudity over smoking any day! Smoking is such an unhealthy habit, to say the least!

:steviesmack:(BTW, look at the new smiley action pair I found!)

sodascouts
01-29-2009, 08:25 PM
...when you want to buy this (http://www.target.com/dp/B001LOOB2M/sr=1-4/qid=1233275067/ref=sr_1_4/185-0033908-7012957?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Agrammys&page=1) just because it has the Eagles on it, even though you already have the song and don't like half the other artists! (Just saw a commercial for it on VH1)

eaglesvet
01-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Hey, at least it also has Leona Lewis, Maroon 5, and Coldplay! (I didn't see Bruce, however :-(...)

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2009, 06:28 PM
......you call your handbag 'Glenn' :heart: because his pic is on it and refer to it in the third person. As in 'Where's Glenn :heart:?, 'Laura, get your (grubby) hands off Glenn :heart:. 'I'm bringing Glenn :heart: with me!!

Maleah
01-30-2009, 06:44 PM
You know you're addicted to the Eagles when your friend who plays guitar invites you over to make some music and he gets frustrated and asks "Don't you know anything but Eagles songs?" :blush: :shrug:

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Maleah! I'm sure my fellow students in guitar class feel the same!

Maleah
01-30-2009, 07:44 PM
LOL! I told him sure I know others! I mean, I sing Bon Jovi's "I'll Be There For You" every time! lol And then I ask him, "dont you know any other Eagles songs?" lol :grin:

Brooke
01-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Good one Maleah! :laugh:

TimothyBFan
02-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I wasn't real sure where to put this but I thought this was as good as any. It's kinda "you know you're addicted... when the rest of your family..."

My son came home from school yesterday and tells me that in one of his classes they were listening to music and an Eagles song was playing and the teacher said he really liked this song and asked who knew who it was. Well of course my kid knows and not only told the teacher but started giving the whole class a lesson on the Eagles! :hilarious: The teacher asked how he knew so much and Dillon told them that "my Mom is an addict" and "worships" them! Smart*ss kid!!

Then to top it off, my husband comes home an hour later and tells me that while Hotel California was playing one of the "know it all" guys he works with started trying to feed everyone some line of bs about the song and Larry had to correct him which ticked the guy off. He asked Larry what makes him think he knows so much about it. Larry (the other smart*ss in my family) told the guy that "if you had lived with my wife for over 20 years, you would know something about the Eagles too!"

Maybe those classes I hold and make them attend are paying off!!:thumbsup:

eaglesvet
02-04-2009, 11:39 AM
:hilarious:

sodascouts
02-04-2009, 07:21 PM
lol! You've taught your family well, Willie!

Peekaboo
02-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Willie, i'm glad to know that i'm not the only that gives Eagles lessons to their family. :)

You know you're addicted to the Eagles when you buy the exact same shirt at different concerts but the point is that they have a different city and year on them.

Freypower
02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Well, in my case, I buy T shirts of tours or shows I haven't seen. I'm wearing my Nokia shirt today. Remember, I have to wait five years for a tour.

02-06-2009, 02:15 PM
You know you're addicted when ...

You have a message in your email spam folder that was sent from someone with 'Frey' in their name, and it makes you sad when you delete it! ;)

thelongrun
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
1) You are an Eagles' Die hard fan, not being even born native English language, even being hispanic (I like to think of myself as Hispanic since I never liked the Latin term, because of the Macho Mucho Macarena Vida Loca sense the World an ourselves has labeled)

2) You realize you are the only fan in a 200 Miles radio, you hate the Music likes plays dance and listen the 95% of the people in your Country

Make no mistake guys, I am proud of my bloodline and my Country, I just happens to totally dislike the actual Music here... (The 20's-50's Music that was beautful, 60's-70's was pretty good too).

Salsa, Rumba... Naaah! Reageton (Whatever spells): Die soon please.

Sorry, seems I just let off some steam here!:fainted:

Prettymaid
02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
That's okay TLR, that's how I feel about rap. ;)

Peekaboo
02-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I don't know why I didn't think to post this on this thread before. I believe I mentioned it when I first joined the Border.

You know you're addicted to the Eagles when you have an Eagles tattoo.

sodascouts
02-07-2009, 02:26 AM
An Eagles tattoo! What is it?

Peekaboo
02-07-2009, 09:13 AM
I got this tattoo a little over 2 years ago. It's on my left leg just above my ankle. I took this pic just a few hours after I got it done. It is my only tattoo...for now.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/Picture1452.jpg

Koala
02-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I got this tattoo a little over 2 years ago. It's on my left leg just above my ankle. I took this pic just a few hours after I got it done. It is my only tattoo...for now.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/Picture1452.jpg
The tattoo looks great! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Wow, that's hot!

Brooke
02-07-2009, 03:13 PM
I like it, pb.

I do believe that you get the prize for "most addicted fan"! It's gotta be worth something when you go that far with your love! :lol:

Peekaboo
02-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Well that's nice of you to say Brooke. But I'm sure there's numerous people out there somewhere that can top that.

02-08-2009, 11:47 AM
PB - that is a very cool tattoo. When we were at the Hardrock Park last summer for the Eagles concert, we ran into a guy that had the same logo tattooed on his arm. :headbang:

EagleLady
02-08-2009, 11:52 AM
I could never get a tattoo, It seems very painful and I don't deal well with pain.

TimothyBFan
02-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I have 3 tattoos and love them. Funny thing is, back in the late 80's/early 90's when I was going to go get one, I was actually thinking about an Eagles or Guns N Roses tattoo but a friend of mine talked me out of it "because you may not always like that band". :hilarious: Yeah--Right!!!:hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2009, 06:07 PM
I love the tattoo PaB! If I were single I would have NO hesitation getting one with Glenn :heart: and a heart on it, but I think there might be objections here if I did!

Koala I love the sig!

Peekaboo
02-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Well thanks everybody. I really like it and I'm glad I chose it as my first tattoo. I've had many sports injuries over the years so i'm pretty good with pain...and with needles. It didn't hurt much. I've thought about getting another tat with something Eagles related but i still haven't decided what it would be. I'm thinking maybe a song lyric or something.

LWKUA
02-16-2009, 02:07 PM
...When you have had no one but Don Henley and/or the rest of the Eagles as your computer wallpaper for over FOUR years. :heart:

Yes, this is true for me also, minus probably just hours of time in many months, lol. Sometimes, when company comes over, however, it will change for a little while. And whereas hubby used to just ignore the wallpaper he will now sometime check it out and comment on it (most comments I have learned best to ignore, lol).

To add another to the 'you know you're addicted' list:

When your co-workers assume that your every absence from work is because you are attending a show. (Not the case for every one....)

TimothyBFan
02-19-2009, 04:17 PM
I just told Nancy on the phone a few minutes ago that I was going to post this when the board was back up...

You know you are addicted to the Eagles when... you go thru withdrawls when the board is down!!! :-(

Troubadour
02-19-2009, 04:29 PM
You know you are addicted to the Eagles when... you go thru withdrawls when the board is down!!! :-(

OK, yeah... Guilty. I even left a comment on Ticky's MySpace about it. "Mild panic" is probably closer to the mark!

TimothyBFan
02-19-2009, 04:32 PM
OK, yeah... Guilty. I even left a comment on Ticky's MySpace about it. "Mild panic" is probably closer to the mark!

Poor Ticky--I got her on Facebook!!! :hilarious:

ticky
02-19-2009, 05:11 PM
ssokay... Vent on me... I can take it *G*

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Can you imagine the withdrawals last summer when the board was hacked and was down for several days! Yikes!

Peekaboo
02-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Can you imagine the withdrawals last summer when the board was hacked and was down for several days! Yikes!

And we thought that PEW was bad. I think Border Withdrawal should also be included in our glossary.

ticky
02-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Border Withdrawl? isnt that what happened along the Gaza Strip?

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2009, 07:26 PM
:lol:

Ticky, you are Sooooo Irreverent!!

Prettymaid
02-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Border Withdrawl? isnt that what happened along the Gaza Strip?

LMAO!!!!:rofl:

eaglesvet
02-22-2009, 04:18 PM
SSShhh :shh:...Since The Border is a multi-national community, we mustn't let word get out if the entire site goes down. Border Withdrawal to that extent might lead to unrest within several countries--most notably those bordering countries in which Borderers reside: the USA and Canada to the north, as well as Mexico to the south; Great Britain and Ireland; and the Netherlands and Germany. Curiously, this sort of global Border Withdrawal may also occur in a country that has no borders, such as Australia. This is in contrast to an isolated case of Border Withdrawal, as might occur if one Borderer logs in too many hours at 'real life,' or has a personal computer crash. This latter situation is unlikely to affect the global peaceful easy feeling in any way. However, it may be quite difficult for that individual Borderer to get over it.
Once time and computer permit, a :grouphug: (whether in pictorial and/or text format) will sort the Borderer(s) and the world right out!

sodascouts
02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
lol! And we have Borderers from South Africa, France, Italy, and New Zealand as well!

jdubfan
02-23-2009, 02:00 PM
I must be an addict....my modem died in my pc at home and they're being tough as nazi investigators on our internet activities at work, but....I've finally made it back here! It is still "my" lunchtime after all, isn't it :angel:. Plus, I'm cut back to 3 days/week, so my sneakin' on the net possibilities are very limited. I've been on a Big time Eagles jones, wanting to be here. All my friends and family close the doors and shades when they see me pull up now...

sodascouts
02-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Ack, no internet at home! You must be dying!

Glad you managed to pop on though!

Brooke
02-23-2009, 09:09 PM
This is in contrast to an isolated case of Border Withdrawal, as might occur if one Borderer logs in too many hours at 'real life,' or has a personal computer crash. This latter situation is unlikely to affect the global peaceful easy feeling in any way. However, it may be quite difficult for that individual Borderer to get over it.
Once time and computer permit, a :grouphug: (whether in pictorial and/or text format) will sort the Borderer(s) and the world right out!

:hilarious: I've definitely just been there & done that, ev! This fits me perfectly, but I'm about to 'get over it'!

Thanks for the :grouphug: And right back at ya! :grouphug:

eaglesvet
02-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Good luck, welcome back, and thx! :smile:

Peekaboo
03-16-2009, 05:19 PM
I wasn't quite sure of where to put this but it just shows how pathetic I am when it comes to the Eagles or in this case, just Don.

You know your addicted to the Eagles when you get soooo excited about someone you know moving to Dallas. Let me explain...

My cousin that lives in Florida is going to be moving to Dallas soon. I'm so excited because Dallas is only about a 3 hour drive from where I live and I could go visit her more often. Of course, I was telling her how great it is that she will be moving closer to home but my next sentence just came out of my mouth before I could even think about what I was really saying out loud..."OMG!! You're gonna be living in the same city as Don Henley!!" :doh:Pathetic, I know. Luckly, my cousin doesn't judge. She gets my fandom for the guys.

Troubadour
03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Heh, nah, that's completely understandable, Jess. Very exciting. I dream of moving to Dallas - and I've never even been to the States! Whenever someone mentions TX, I have to suppress a grin. As if Don Henley is the ONLY person who ever set foot in Texas! :lol:

Glennsallnighter
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
If you think thats bad I only have to hear or read the words 'Detroit', 'LA' or 'Aspen', not to mention 'Hawaii' and my mind heads wonderful places!

Peekaboo
03-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I knew this was the place to admit something like that because you all understand.

ticky
03-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Im the same way about San Deigo

I knew this was the place to admit something like that because you all understand.

you're talking to the woman who took her autographed picture of Joe on the drive by herself to the beach to keep her company.... yeah, and showed him all the sights along the way... I understand...

Fan_For_Life
03-16-2009, 10:19 PM
You know you're addicted to the Eagles when you get a big grin on your face and feel a moment of extra special pride, when you hear your son's friends say, "You're mom listens to country?" and he tells the friend "that's not country, that's the Eagles!".

At least I know I'm teaching him well.

Peekaboo
03-17-2009, 12:46 AM
"that's not country, that's the Eagles!".

At least I know I'm teaching him well.

Darn right it's the Eagles!!!! And your son better not let him forget it. lol:hilarious:
You are definitely teaching your son well, FFL!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

03-17-2009, 10:38 AM

Of course, we understand perfectly here, PB. And just like FFL is doing, we all have a duty as addicted fans to ensure that today's youth are properly trained. :wink: :lol:

luvthelighthouse
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
My daughter is six. I would listen to LROE so often, that she now requests, "the red CD, #2". - How Long... and she knows every single word!

This is her first "adult", non Disney song that she knows all the lyrics too. I keep meaning to catch it on video. I'm so proud of her. LOL

Troubadour
03-17-2009, 12:13 PM
That is so cute!

Brooke
03-17-2009, 01:17 PM
My daughter is six. I would listen to LROE so often, that she now requests, "the red CD, #2". - How Long... and she knows every single word!

This is her first "adult", non Disney song that she knows all the lyrics too. I keep meaning to catch it on video. I'm so proud of her. LOL

You are training her well, ltlh! Good job! :thumbsup:

Fan_For_Life
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
That's my youngest daughter's favorite song too. Whenever we put the cd in we have to forward to #2. Her second favorite is Somebody.

luvthelighthouse
03-17-2009, 09:33 PM
You know you are addicted to the Eagles when... you can't find anyone to go to the concert w/you and you buy a single ticket!!!

I've never done anything like this before... but the seat was too good to pass up.

Maleah
03-18-2009, 12:40 AM
You know you're addicted to the Eagles when you get into an argument with your sister when you ask what she thought of them and the concert and she tells you :blush: :shrug:

I asked what her favorite song was and she said she loved them all.....which would have been fine....but then she followed it with "EXCEPT Dirty Laundry." Which HIGHLY offended me! LOL After I finished freaking out she informed me that she didn't like the magazines in the background and she didn't appreciate the political views because she didn't agree with them. I said well neither do I but that doesn't erase the fact that it's an awesome song! ;)

I then asked who she liked the best and she told me Don but that there was something special about Timothy and she just really enjoyed the way he handled himself. She thought that he seemed really sweet and appreciated the way he interacted with the crowd. Which, AGAIN, would have been fine...........but then she followed THAT with......"but that one guy's just weird." After I choked on my gum during my horrified gasp and about spit it out in my effort to join in an enraged debate I asked her which one she was talking about..........to which she replied "the one on the end." Again, I gasp and I say "Joe? What's wrong with Joe? Joe's awesome! You don't know what you're talking about! How could you say Joe is WEIRD?! That's horrible!" When I finally let her get a word in edgewise she said "well he's amazing on the guitar.....but he must have been on drugs or something."
I sat in horrified silence until she finally asked "well?.........wasn't he?"
I stutter out a "well....it was the 70s so I'm sure it was...but I think the problem was more so the alcohol." After a few minutes of deep breaths and asking myself who invited her along.......I excused myself to go home and watch Eagles videos. :hilarious:

Troubadour
03-18-2009, 06:59 AM
LOL Maleah! I do the same thing with my mum. She likes the Eagles and their music, but she's not a big fan of Don - she thinks he's a miserable git. Although I can, sometimes, see where she's coming from (!) I, too, get really defensive and give her the "but you should watch THIS interview, he's really warm and funny here, and you obviously just don't GET him" etc etc. :lol: And then, I showed her the Sunset Grill bit from Storytellers, thinking that if this didn't make her appreciate him, nothing would. I asked her what she thought and she said "Hmm... It was OK. Still not my cup of tea." I couldn't even find the words!!

But this is where the real madness is... despite all my protests, I'm actually pleased that she doesn't like him as much as me. What kind of messed-up rationale is that?! LOL

TimothyBFan
03-18-2009, 07:28 AM
I then asked who she liked the best and she told me Don but that there was something special about Timothy and she just really enjoyed the way he handled himself. She thought that he seemed really sweet and appreciated the way he interacted with the crowd.

Ok --your sister did have some bad views about the boys and all but I gotta tell you--I LOVE her take on Timmy!!! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
03-18-2009, 07:33 AM
Maleah, don't be too hard on your sister :hilarious: ! It would be a boring world if everybody had the same likes and dislikes. She sounds very intelligent and perceptive! And Troub, same with your mother (although it sounds as if you already realize this!

Troubadour
03-18-2009, 07:46 AM
Of course, PM. It's all in good fun! Although, clearly, IMHO, she is insane... ;)

03-18-2009, 10:55 AM
:lol: ladies. While it is true that these folks clearly are insane, we all know people like them. The best thing that we can do for them is continued positive reinforcement until, hopefully, one day they will be cured! :thumbsup:

Brooke
03-18-2009, 02:01 PM
But this is where the real madness is... despite all my protests, I'm actually pleased that she doesn't like him as much as me. What kind of messed-up rationale is that?! LOL

Perfectly sensible, Troub! We don't want to share him, now do we? :wink:

Maleah, very cute story! :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
03-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Last night my daughter, my husband & I were having an indepth discussion about the Bible and religion. The subject of what the definition of Hell is --basically if it is a "real" place or does everyone have their own view of Hell. I know, pretty deep stuff but my daughter has some doubts about faith and has been reading the Bible, trying to get a grip on what she wants to believe. Anyways, my husband made a comment about how he feels that most people have their own personal view of what their hell might be and says, and I quote...

"Mom's definition of Hell might be some place where there's no Eagles music."

OK--Now that is just sad that my family thinks that would be the worse Hell for me isn't it? :eyebrow: I tell you--I'm that pathetic!

03-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Get in line, Willie, get in line! :lol:

Peekaboo
03-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Lol Willie!!! A place without the Eagles sounds like hell to me. :hilarious:

Last time I went home to visit my family, I offered to pick up my Aunt from work and when she was got in my car she was surprised that i wasn't listening to the Eagles. I had it on some hip hop station. I was channel surfing and that's what just happened to be on when she got in my car. She looked at me and said "This just isn't you, you need to put in some Eagles before this car moves another inch." I popped in LROOE and she said "That's better, now this is the Jessica that I know." My Aunt has a goofy personality so I know she was just joking around with me but I think a part of her was kind of serious too. :)

eaglesvet
03-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Last night my daughter, my husband & I were having an indepth discussion about the Bible and religion. The subject of what the definition of Hell is --basically if it is a "real" place or does everyone have their own view of Hell. I know, pretty deep stuff but my daughter has some doubts about faith and has been reading the Bible, trying to get a grip on what she wants to believe. Anyways, my husband made a comment about how he feels that most people have their own personal view of what their hell might be and says, and I quote...

"Mom's definition of Hell might be some place where there's no Eagles music."

OK--Now that is just sad that my family thinks that would be the worse Hell for me isn't it? :eyebrow: I tell you--I'm that pathetic!
So then The Border is Heaven :angel:!

TimothyBFan
03-25-2009, 11:19 AM
It's not about me but my daughter. I think she now has the addiction also--poor kid. :thumbsup: Took her to the orthodontist this morning and on the way back to school I stopped at the post office because she was expecting a book to come in so I thought she would just run in. We pulled up and Waiting In The Weeds was playing on the cd, we both looked at each other-she says "please Mom I can't leave while this song is on." Big brat--- I ran in and got the mail. It's ok, I dropped her at school and as I was pulling out of the parking lot-started the song over again and listened to it by myself.

03-25-2009, 11:58 AM
<he he he> I would have never done anything like that. :lie:

Peekaboo
03-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Okay, I thought I was addicted with my Eagles tattoo but I think this tattoo tops mine. Found this pic on myspace.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles/l_4d3f23bb66d007769fd979aded2e3002.jpg

melrose
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
WOW. A tattoo...now, that is commitment. I'm too much of a wimp to do anything even small :fear:
But I'm guessing this person is a Henley fan :hilarious:

Maleah
03-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Did you guys see the drawings of Don that one guy did? He posted a comment on the DHO myspace page and I had to go check them out. He did one of Don in his afro days that was pretty darn good! I'll have to see if I can find it again.

TimothyBFan
03-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Does anyone else find that tattoo rather disturbing? Scary!!! I have tattoos myself but that one is weird!!

sodascouts
03-26-2009, 12:26 PM
I would have to agree, Willie!

Maleah - which photos are you referring to? I checked out the DHO MySpace and couldn't find them.

ticky
03-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Does anyone else find that tattoo rather disturbing? Scary!!! I have tattoos myself but that one is weird!!

It's gross... and scary and disturbing...

Maleah
03-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Soda I forgot to mention that he had sent DHO a message and mentioned that he had drawn him and had the pictures in his gallery so I went to check them out. Here are Malik's drawings....he also has drawn Dylon and Lennon.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/m_73f92c36c7427b3a4a6fb6a2d62a8e72.jpg

But this is my favorite one! I think he really captured Don in it!

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/bannerland/m_a344871ad3c836ba8964c48cc8117e73.jpg

Maleah
03-26-2009, 11:27 PM
It's gross... and scary and disturbing...

I didn't like it at all either. I appreciate the dedication, mind you, but it doesn't really resemble Don and the buzzard body is just not appealing. lol

Peekaboo
03-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Does anyone else find that tattoo rather disturbing?

Yeah it's creepy. I hope my Eagles tattoo doesn't come off as creepy too.

TimothyBFan
03-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Jess--Yours doesn't have a creepy face attached to a creepier body!!! Yours is very tasteful in my opinion!!

Peekaboo
03-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Aww, thanks Willie. I get mixed reactions when people see my tattoo or hear about it for the first time. It's either "Wow, that's really cool!!" or "Wow, you really do love the Eagles, don't you?", i've even gotten "I can't believe you did that?". That last one was more from my parents, but they got over it eventually.

sodascouts
03-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Peek, it's not that I have anything against Eagles tattoos - it's just that whole mutated bird-man thing going on there creeps me out. Yours isn't like that!

Peekaboo
03-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Oh, i know you didn't mean anything against Eagles tats. I too think that guy's tattoo is creepy. I was just adding that I get mixed reactions about my own tattoo.

ticky
03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
I like your Tat, Jess, but the man/bird thing.. PLUS it really doesn't look like Don at all... it's just creepy. Yours is tasteful and well done! That one looks like someone drew it on with a ballpoint and had their buddy do it over the kitchen sink! ICK!
Just goes to show, you shouldn't smoke them funny cigarettes with your buddy who say's he learned how to give tattoos in prison!

luvthelighthouse
03-29-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm going back to the question... you know you're addicted to the Eagles when... you are suffering badly from PEW. Where is the thread on PEW? Did I miss it?

There I as at dinner last night w/my DH and son and my mind is drifting off to the concert. I'm listening to them... but my mind is a million miles away, as I "thought" I heard an Eagles song being played in the backgroud, but I was mistaken.

I'm suffering bad right now. Is there something you can take for that? I mean, I'm literally sad! (How pathetic is that?)

Freypower
03-29-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't think there is a specific thread on PEW (Post Eagles Withdrawal).

Fan_For_Life
03-29-2009, 09:19 PM
You know you're addicted. When you find yourself up singing and dancing(rock on hand signals and all that goes with it included) to almost the entire Farewell 1 DVDs.

anne-o-gg
03-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie...couldn't pass on this thread!

"You know you're addicted to the Eagles when..."

Your eleven year old daughter knows all the words to CD1 of LRoE and jams with you in the car!

Your husband, guitar player/co-worship leader at church with me, kicks into the Rocky Mountain Way during rehearsal - now he wants a talk box!

anne-o-gg
03-29-2009, 11:46 PM
OH! I forgot to mention this - about my dughter singing with me...I've had LRoE for less than a month! LOL! :partytime:

sodascouts
03-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Raise 'em right, Anne! ;)

sodascouts
03-30-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm going back to the question... you know you're addicted to the Eagles when... you are suffering badly from PEW. Where is the thread on PEW? Did I miss it?

There I as at dinner last night w/my DH and son and my mind is drifting off to the concert. I'm listening to them... but my mind is a million miles away, as I "thought" I heard an Eagles song being played in the backgroud, but I was mistaken.

I'm suffering bad right now. Is there something you can take for that? I mean, I'm literally sad! (How pathetic is that?)

There actually is a thread for this... but it's a few months old, and easily missed:
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1232

Suffice it to say... you are not alone!

ticky
03-30-2009, 02:21 AM
Your husband, guitar player/co-worship leader at church with me, kicks into the Rocky Mountain Way during rehearsal - now he wants a talk box!

Hi Anne and welcome!! So, does Hubby do this during services as well? Because if so, Im coming to your church!! *G*

My 5 yr old doesn't sing the songs, but she can point out ALL the band members, tell you who's who and what they play! (as well as make commentary on them such as "That's Joe, Mommy loves him")

All I can say is, ya gotta start em early on the right path *G* Sounds like you're a good Mommy! *G*

Koala
03-30-2009, 04:22 AM
You know you're addicted to the Eagles when....

...you your sister and her friend persuade to go to an Eagles concert although both know no song.
...you hear only Eagles (at home, in the car or at the work) and you makes everybody crazy with it.
....and any second word is Eagles, Glenn, Don, Joe, Tim or the name of a song.

Glennsallnighter
03-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Welcome from me too Ann! I'm glad to hear you have your educational priorities right for your kids! Lol! Keep up the good work

TimothyBFan
03-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Welcome Anne!! Sounds like you are raising your daughter right! :hilarious: Quite a few of us here have children that our huge Eagles fans also. Smart kids!!

DonFan
03-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Welcome from me too, Anne! Both my daughters are Eagles fans, too!

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for such warm welcomes, everyone! Truly, we are kindred spirits!

My oldest daughter sent me flair on facebook that says "successful parenting is when you find 80's music on your child's i-pod"...think I'll make one about finding Eagles music on there!

ticky - he doesn't do it in the service, not that he wouldn't love to! We're convinced God put a little rocker in all of us, lol...

03-30-2009, 11:07 AM

ltl - sounds like you have a bad case of PEW. I think it's time to pull out any Eagles DVD you own (HFO, F1, bootlegs, etc.) and begin sight therapy ASAP. I have to warn you though, many hours of viewing may be needed before there is any noticeable improvement in your condition and there is no known cure. :shock:

Peekaboo
03-30-2009, 11:08 AM

Hmmm, Rocky Mountain Way at church....I can dig it!!!:partytime:

BTW, welcome Anne!! Always good to have new members aboard.:thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
ticky - he doesn't do it in the service, not that he wouldn't love to! We're convinced God put a little rocker in all of us, lol...

My younger sister and her husband are part of a non-traditional church's worship team, as members of a rock band functioning as a church orchestra. He plays lead guitar and she plays bass, and they often perform popular music that, with some imagination, can be interpreted to apply to God or Christianity (U2's "One" for instance). They say it brings in people who may otherwise get bored in church. I'm not so sure about some of the songs they choose.... honestly I think it's quite a stretch to make a song like "One" applicable to Christ/Christianity... but their hearts are in the right place.

eaglesvet
03-30-2009, 01:16 PM
About 6 or 8 years ago, our Catholic church acquired a new 20-something music director, Joe, that turned our music ministry around. Finally, we had singing and music and choirs that we could be part of and be proud of. A few years ago, in a portion of the annual Mass where the priest was installing the new Eucharistic ministers and lectors, the young director was simply playing instrumental hymns on the piano. At one point, a male friend in front of me and I simultaneously realized that Joe was subtly playing Springsteen's "Racing in the Streets" in the same key and tempo as the previous hymns. We both looked at each other in disbelief; and then became even more amazed that no one else seemed to realize it! (Least of all, the priest!) After Mass, I went up to Joe and called him on it...all he did was smile broadly.

A couple of months ago, the same situation arose, and this time I heard Joe add U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name" in the midst of a series of instrumental hymns. Again, I went up to him after Mass, and he admitted that the key of that U2 song was perfect for the hymns surrounding it. And still, the powers that be (ie, the clergy) have no idea of these few forays into the rock world. Unfortunately, Joe is leaving our church at the end of June for another position...I am truly sorry to see him go. He certainly added so much to our church in the years he has been with us!

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Eaglesvet: We were at a church once and they sang "Amazing Grace" to the tune of Peaceful Easy Feeling - no joke! So hillarious! We've never forgotten that!

We don't do "popular" music for worship..I'm pretty picky about words in worship music...but when we're rehearsing or playing at home, my husband usually adds a little "something extra" to pep things up...

I'm sorry to hear your music director is leaving...sounds like he has a fun/spunky side! I hope he will be replaced by someone of the same nature!

Now, to stay on topic - lest I waver...

You've just gotten to know them over the last couple of months and now many conversations start with , "did you know that Glenn...or I read that Don...or Timothy said this...or Joe has this guitar"...lol

Troubadour
03-30-2009, 04:40 PM
You've just gotten to know them over the last couple of months and now many conversations start with , "did you know that Glenn...or I read that Don...or Timothy said this...or Joe has this guitar"...lol

LOL. I'm with you.

Or when you only have to say "Don" or and everyone around you immediately knows exactly who you're talking about. No surnames, naturally... It's an informal relationship we have :lol:

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
LOL. I'm with you.

Or when you only have to say "Don" or and everyone around you immediately knows exactly who you're talking about. No surnames, naturally... It's an informal relationship we have :lol:

Oh, haha...I'm not that far gone yet...lol...I think I may see this in my future though...

Littlemelly9
03-30-2009, 07:00 PM
when you at the store and go all crazy when you here a song and start talkong about the concert you whent to 2 months ago.:nahnah:

MikeA
03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Eaglesvet: We were at a church once and they sang "Amazing Grace" to the tune of Peaceful Easy Feeling - no joke! So hillarious! We've never forgotten that!

We did "Amazing Grace" to the tune of "House Of The Rising Sun". Haven't tried it with "Peaceful Easy Feeling". I'll have to give that one a shot.

Oh, WELCOME! I miss the practices.

Koala
03-31-2009, 01:53 PM
My small neighbour (2) saw with me some time ago the Hole in the World video, it was the first time and to date the only time he saw something of the eagles.
Some days ago, he saw on the desktop of my Leptop and pointed at Don and said" he plays drums" !!!!

He has quite frequently heard the eagles with me,
his favourite Eagles song is How Long, from Glenn he loves Smugglerīs blues!
If he hears these both songs he always begins to dance!

Troubadour
03-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Some days ago, he saw on the desktop of my Leptop and pointed at Don and said" he plays drums" !!!!

That is so flippin' cute!

luvthelighthouse
03-31-2009, 02:22 PM
you're addicted when... you take your kids off our computer wallpaper and put on TBS and Glenn!

you're addicted when... you wake up in the middle of every night and one of their songs is in your head.

you're addicted when... only your message board friends understand your passion and your real life friends/family are actually annoyed by our obession and roll their eyes at you!

ticky
03-31-2009, 04:08 PM
you're addicted when... only your message board friends understand your passion and your real life friends/family are actually annoyed by our obession and roll their eyes at you!

YES!!!!! That is sooo annoying!

anne-o-gg
03-31-2009, 04:11 PM
you're addicted when... you wake up in the middle of every night and one of their songs is in your head.

For me - its when I wake up in the morning...probably because I fell asleep listening to them...

SO TRUE on that last one there...lol...it takes one to know one, me thinks! :partytime:

Fan_For_Life
03-31-2009, 06:26 PM
You know your addicted when, no matter how long you've listened to them, even if it's been 30 yrs, everytime you hear a song it's as if it was the first time you heard it.

eaglesvet
04-01-2009, 10:54 PM
you're addicted when... only your message board friends understand your passion and your real life friends/family are actually annoyed by our obession and roll their eyes at you![/quote]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my house, it's getting so that whenever my hubby and older son find me on my laptop, they say, "So, you're stalking the Eagles again??"--whether I am paying bills online or checking emails or doing whatever else other than posting on this board!! My younger son still cuts me a break, thankfully! (Of course, there may be times when my devotion, er, obsession, might be mistaken for stalking...)

Peekaboo
04-02-2009, 07:38 PM

My family and friends are definitely guilty of that. They just don't get it!!!!

Prettymaid
04-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Hey Jess, I know you can relate to this one -

You know you're addicted when you're embarassed to tell your family and friends that you're going to see the Eagles in concert again!
("Are you seeing them do the same show?", they always ask!)

Koala
04-03-2009, 01:21 AM
You know you're addicted to the Eagles when you count the days up to the Eagles concert.
When I had ordered the tickets it lasted still 197 days up to the concert, now only 104 days!

Prettymaid
04-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Aw, I'm so excited for you Koala!

TimothyBFan
04-03-2009, 12:56 PM
When your daughter text you from school stressing because she's about to go into German class that has her wanna be boyfriend in it and she has to do a skit and she has been stressing out for 3 days about it and you text her back and tell her to Get Over It. She sends a text back saying something like does everything have to have an Eagles reference for you? Hey--at least she got it right? I really wasn't referring to the song but it must be one of those little things that remind you because it reminded her of them! :hilarious: Poor kid--it's already starting for her!!

Peekaboo
04-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey Jess, I know you can relate to this one -

You know you're addicted when you're embarassed to tell your family and friends that you're going to see the Eagles in concert again!
("Are you seeing them do the same show?", they always ask!)

I sure can. It's kinda funny to see their reactions when i tell them that I'll be going again. I had actually decided to give talking about the guys and the recent concerts I attended a rest. I could tell that it was getting old for everyone else except me but once I heard about Don doing the solo concert in Oklahoma, I started up again. My family and friends will just have to live with it. :hilarious:

Koala
04-04-2009, 03:21 AM
My family and friends are definitely guilty of that. They just don't get it!!!! My family also!

Aw, I'm so excited for you Koala!
:) thanks!

I am excited already completely. My first and probably my only Eagles Concert that I ever will see. I think the concert will be brilliant. It lasts still so long until the concert! I canīt wait longer!

luvthelighthouse
04-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Here is a pathetic one... you know you are addicted when you wake in the morning and think, what time is it an CA...oh yeah, they are still sleeping. :)

AzEaglesFan
04-05-2009, 01:31 AM
It's bad when you watch the Weather Channel and think poor Glenn, Joe and Timothy are having bad weather for their time off and don't ever watch to see what the local weather is like

Peekaboo
04-18-2009, 07:20 PM
When you use some of your Paid Time Off from work to enjoy a weekend of Don Henley concerts!!

anne-o-gg
04-19-2009, 12:25 AM
When you spend hours (and hours) looking for new pics for the "worship" threads...

eaglesvet
04-19-2009, 12:33 AM
When you use some of your Paid Time Off from work to enjoy a weekend of Don Henley concerts!!
Hey, that's a vacation in my book!

eaglesvet
04-19-2009, 12:34 AM
It's bad when you watch the Weather Channel and think poor Glenn, Joe and Timothy are having bad weather for their time off and don't ever watch to see what the local weather is like
I actually thought about that right after they left Fargo, and just missed the flooding--how lucky they were!

luvthelighthouse
04-19-2009, 01:49 PM
You know you're addicted when you start making up termonology... for example, my friend asked me if I had completed something, and my response was, "no, I've been too busy, Eagling". She gave the confused look, and responded, "Eagling?"... to which I replied, "I've pretty much been avoided everything in favor of reading every thing I can on the Eagles, visiting websites and surfing youtube watching their videos." So, now anything Eagles related, we call Eagling...

eaglesvet
04-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey LTLH...that's a great action verb, Eagling! Check out "Little Things that Remind You of the Eagles" in the Cheap Talk and Wine Forum, beginning with Post #715. We started a whole dictionary of Border terms there. There are other posts later (possibly in other threads, as the terms arose)...you might just have to stumble across them on your own!

luvthelighthouse
04-20-2009, 01:02 AM
EV, thanks for the heads up... I was cracking up reading some of them.

Peekaboo
04-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Hey, that's a vacation in my book!

That's what I was thinking too!! I mentioned to a few co-workers that I was taking a weekend off next month to go to those 2 Don Henley concerts and one of them actually asked me "Haven't you had your Eagles fix for the year after seeing them in concert recently?" I shot him a look and he knew that was a stupid question to ask me. I'm grateful to have seen the guys in concert a few times on this tour but (many of you know what I mean when I say this), although it is an incredible experience, it only leaves you wanting more.

sodascouts
04-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Not to mention the fact that seeing them solo is not the same as seeing them as a group. Big DUH to your co-workers! lol

Troubadour
04-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Totally, Soda! Some people just don't get it.

I guess flying across the Atlantic for five days to see two Don Henley shows means I'm slightly addicted... (I'm going to be jetlagged for poor Jackson Browne on the 21st. LOL.)

eaglesvet
04-21-2009, 04:52 AM
:fingerwag: Troub, if you're trying to garner support for your own private pity-party, it ain't happening! :wink::wink: Try :jealous:, and of course :D, but no sympathy for the jet-lagged!

Peekaboo
04-22-2009, 04:27 PM
I guess flying across the Atlantic for five days to see two Don Henley shows means I'm slightly addicted... (I'm going to be jetlagged for poor Jackson Browne on the 21st. LOL.)

Oh Lou, it is all going to be soooo worth it!!!!

glenneaglesfan
04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm so out of touch I've missed this, but, Troub, you go for it girl, and you won't regret a minute. Have a blast!! Eagles addiction first class!!

Koala
04-24-2009, 01:53 AM
You know you're addicted to the Eagles when..... you hear in the morning an Eagles CD as first.
and in addition you starts the computer to see what there is new OnThe Border!

Fan_For_Life
04-26-2009, 11:20 AM
You know your addicted when you hear the beginning of Already Gone when you pull into the driveway and your daughter looks at you waiting hesitantly to get out of the car and says " Mom you've heard this song like a million times". :) And in defense you say "yes honey but it gets better everytime I hear it".

TimothyBFan
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
When a live version of one of the songs comes on the radio and you can identify which concert/cd/dvd/era it's from. Hubby shakes his head every time I do that! :hilarious:

Troubadour
04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
When you're on a work-related training course, and you're asked to introduce each other to the group. Everyone else has apparently worked in mental health for 12 years or has recently become a Day Care Organiser or has run the New York marathon... but all your colleague can think of is: "This is Louise. She likes the Eagles."

ticky
04-27-2009, 06:07 PM
LOL Lou! I love it, that's perfect..

EagleLady
04-27-2009, 06:23 PM
You know you are addicted when you name all your male stuffed animals Don :lol:

ticky
04-30-2009, 12:24 AM
...The Border goes down for a few hours one day and all the Borderers on Facebook,Twitter and Myspace have hissyfits posting about border withdrawl *G* self included.

I'd take this as a HUGE compliment, Soda *G*

eaglesvet
04-30-2009, 12:52 AM
When you're on a work-related training course, and you're asked to introduce each other to the group. Everyone else has apparently worked in mental health for 12 years or has recently become a Day Care Organiser or has run the New York marathon... but all your colleague can think of is: "This is Louise. She likes the Eagles."
"...and she's wise beyond her years."

AzEaglesFan
04-30-2009, 01:43 AM
I don't think The Border withdraws are as bad as PEW but it came close since I havn't been able to see the Eagles in person yet, hint hint

TimothyBFan
04-30-2009, 07:23 AM
I think all of us yesterday realized just how bad this addiction is!! I think I actually had the DTs! :hilarious:

Fan_For_Life
04-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Then it was a good thing I was at work when all this took place.

Peekaboo
04-30-2009, 04:55 PM
...The Border goes down for a few hours one day and all the Borderers on Facebook,Twitter and Myspace have hissyfits posting about border withdrawl *G* self included.

I said this in another thread but we've got it BAD!!!

luvthelighthouse
04-30-2009, 05:06 PM
When you are getting your hair cut and you start to wonder how often the guys get their hair dyed... or if Timothy's hair is naturally wavey or is that a perm and did he just blow dried it straight a lot in his youth. What does Glenn's hair really feel like if you ran your fingers through it... (so pathetic)

Troubadour
04-30-2009, 05:10 PM
LOL! I got my hair cut today, too. I can't say those thoughts came into my mind while I was in the chair, but I certainly have them a lot in general. Particularly when gazing at Don's big, beautiful '70s 'fro :heart:

EagleLady
04-30-2009, 05:11 PM
When you bug your mom by constantly playing the Eagles album over and over

Prettymaid
04-30-2009, 05:18 PM
When you bug your mom by constantly playing the Eagles album over and over

Yeah that always happens to me! :hilarious: ;)

sodascouts
04-30-2009, 05:22 PM
When, on your last day of class, you play Eagles music over the speakers in the computer classroom. (And some of my students actually sung along!)

Troubadour
04-30-2009, 05:27 PM
When, on your last day of class, you play Eagles music over the speakers in the computer classroom. (And some of my students actually sung along!)

Good to see indoctrination is alive and well!

TimothyBFan
04-30-2009, 05:39 PM

LOVE this one!!

When you are trying to make a playlist for your son's graduation party and he informs you that there better be more than Eagles music on it, and then when the person that is helping you with music for the party tells you the exact same thing! Oh right I get it!! I'm obsessed -GET OVER IT!!!

Glennsallnighter
04-30-2009, 06:51 PM

There is such a thing as 'Informal Teaching'. ie that which is done by osmosis. Keep it up Soda:thumbsup:

luvthelighthouse
05-01-2009, 12:34 AM
When your friend calls you and says, "there's an Eagles tribute band playing this weekend, do you want to go"... and you say yes, knowing there is no way they could come close to the Eagles... but you want to hear the songs...

So yeah, I'm going to see a tribute band... :partytime:

Maleah
05-01-2009, 01:29 AM
you know you're addicted to the Eagles when your co-worker is telling you and another co-worker about an artist that he thinks is AMAZING....and then his eyes dart over to you and he QUICKLY states "they're no Eagles of course...but...." :lol:

Peekaboo
05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
you know you're addicted to the Eagles when your co-worker is telling you and another co-worker about an artist that he thinks is AMAZING....and then his eyes dart over to you and he QUICKLY states "they're no Eagles of course...but...." :lol:

Lol!! At least he's got the right idea there.

anne-o-gg
05-01-2009, 12:05 PM
When you are trying to make a playlist for your son's graduation party and he informs you that there better be more than Eagles music on it, and then when the person that is helping you with music for the party tells you the exact same thing! Oh right I get it!! I'm obsessed -GET OVER IT!!!

I love it TBF!!!

Brooke
05-01-2009, 02:15 PM

And you couldn't possibly let anyone else make the list, cause you know they wouldn't put any Eagles music on it! :lol:

TimothyBFan
05-07-2009, 09:11 AM
When a friend of yours periodically emails you during the day from work with nothing in the text but the subject of the email saying "Hotel California on the radio right now" or "Lyin' Eyes on the radio right now".

Obviously my friends and aquaintances think of me when they hear an Eagles song---the way it should be! :thumbsup:

luvthelighthouse
05-07-2009, 12:18 PM
When you are reading the nutritional label for your almonds and they are grown in Sacramento Ca... you immediately think... Timothy's from there... so so pathetic!!!:fear:

Troubadour
05-10-2009, 02:58 PM
When the first three letters of your flight reservation number are HOF - and you can't help wishing the last two were reversed!

Koala
05-27-2009, 12:58 AM
You know you're addicted to the Eagles when you count the days up to the Eagles concert.

"only" 50 days up to the concert!:partytime:

Glennsallnighter
05-27-2009, 04:55 PM
34 and 36 respectively to mine

Fan_For_Life
06-18-2009, 04:52 PM
When the doctors you work for start to make you think of how they flow through the work day and you think, because they do things differently, I wonder if this is what it's like to work for Glenn and Don. :)

zeldabjr
04-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I am loving going over these old threads...I knew I was addicted today when someone was arguing with me that today is 4/20...no I said it's 4/21...I know because the Eagles are in Vegas on 4/21 and that's today...I'm on "Eagles calendar and times"... sick

zelda

VAisForEagleLovers
04-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Yep...you're addicted. I, of course, would never be like that...:lol::-D:lie:

04-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Yep - I think that qualifies as 'officially' addicted! :wink:

TimothyBFan
05-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Didn't know where to put this and this thread seemed as good as any.

Sitting in the kitchen talking to a friend this morning with the radio playing in the background as usual. My friend looked at me strange and I asked "what?" She says, "you don't even realize you're doing it, do you?" I again asked what. She says, "when the Eagles came on (they were playing One Of These Nights) you just smiled so big!"

:hilarious: That obvious, huh? And she's right, I didn't even realize it and to be honest, I don't know if it even registered what was actually playing.

sodascouts
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM
lol. How many of us are associated with the Eagles amongst our friends? I know I am - Fleetwood Mac as well. "Nancy - they're playing an Eagles song!" lol

Tori
05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I definitely am! I always listen to my iPod when I'm at lunch at school, and all my friends just assume I listen to the Eagles. They're almost always right.

EaglesKiwi
05-02-2012, 05:32 AM
lol. How many of us are associated with the Eagles amongst our friends? I know I am - Fleetwood Mac as well. "Nancy - they're playing an Eagles song!" lol
Yeah, I think of you when something FM comes up, Soda. I think of the whole Border group when anything Eagles comes up though!

Victim of Love
05-02-2012, 11:35 PM
When 99% of the songs on you iPod are the Eagles, when the screensaver on your computer is the Eagles, when the photo on your mobile phone is the Eagles, and when your home and car stereo systems are programmed to play only their music......

YOU MUST BE AN EAGLES FAN! :inlove:

Windeagle
05-07-2012, 10:41 PM
...when you actually notice that the milk you just bought expires AFTER the date of the solo show you're going to in two weeks. And this thought makes you grin right there in the dairy aisle.

lizzyplays
05-08-2012, 08:44 AM
My friends send me pictures of their digital car radio readouts when the Eagles are playing.

TimothyBFan
05-08-2012, 08:48 AM
My friends send me pictures of their digital car radio readouts when the Eagles are playing.

Or when you take the pictures yourself!! :hilarious: Nah, I didn't do that and send it to my husband till he told me to stop. :shy:

lizzyplays
05-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Or when you take the pictures yourself!! :hilarious: Nah, I didn't do that and send it to my husband till he told me to stop. :shy:

:headscratch: I can't imagine why he would do that!

GlennLover
05-08-2012, 11:25 AM
You stay awake until 4:45 AM & you can't keep your eyes open, listening to "After Hours"!

zeldabjr
05-08-2012, 02:21 PM
...when you actually notice that the milk you just bought expires AFTER the date of the solo show you're going to in two weeks. And this thought makes you grin right there in the dairy aisle.

OH I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does things like that with dates...:grin:

zeldabjr
05-08-2012, 02:26 PM
When 99% of the songs on you iPod are the Eagles, when the screensaver on your computer is the Eagles, when the photo on your mobile phone is the Eagles, and when your home and car stereo systems are programmed to play only their music......

YOU MUST BE AN EAGLES FAN! :inlove:

NO not a fan....an ADDICT.....my family thinks I need therapy.quote from sister" What the heck is it with you and the Eagles?"

Windeagle
05-26-2012, 05:49 PM
...you're cleaning out your refrigerator, come across some unidentified vegetable that's liquified, and sing under your breath, "I don't remember what that used to be, but it won't be that way again" to the tune of "Strange Weather."

VAisForEagleLovers
05-26-2012, 05:52 PM
...you're cleaning out your refrigerator, come across some unidentified vegetable that's liquified, and sing under your breath, "I don't remember what that used to be, but it won't be that way again" to the tune of "Strange Weather."

OK, you are officially addicted!!

zeldabjr
05-26-2012, 10:48 PM

oh boy I'm picturing this!:rofl:

sodascouts
05-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Strange veggie... Dark spots in some goo... Strange veggie... For me and you!

GlennLover
05-28-2012, 01:22 PM

:hilarious: Nancy, you're too much!!!!

Windeagle
05-28-2012, 01:55 PM

Hee hee hee! Good one, Soda!

lizzyplays
06-01-2012, 10:10 AM

Oh boy! :shock::ziplip::woah::lol:

TimothyBFan
06-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Need to set this up a little first:

Up our staircase and in the landing room upstairs, are framed rock n roll posters of all kinds, Eagles, Zep, Van Halen, etc..... a Long Run poster with a picture of the guys is on the small landing at the top before turning the corner to go up 3 more steps to the big landing room.

OK, so every time I go up or down the stairs, I kiss my fingertips and tap Timothy in the picture (DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!:laugh:). Yesterday, while coming down, I did it not realizing that at the bottom of the steps stood my husband, waiting to tell me something. :hilarious: He just shook his head, as a lot of you know he does rather often at me when it comes to the Eagles, and told me what he wanted. Good man and so understanding!!! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
06-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Totally understand Willie! I say 'Good Morning' and 'Goodbye' to my photos of Glenn :heart: that adorn the inside of my locker at work every day!

zeldabjr
06-04-2012, 01:32 PM
OK, so every time I go up or down the stairs, I kiss my fingertips and tap Timothy in the picture

Oh tbf you and I are cut from the same cloth...I thought I was the only one who did things like that...still have the tshirt sitting out I got in Atlanta...can't bear to put it in a drawer...has a pic of the four men on it...when I walk by it...I alwalys give TBS a little tap...it's just what we addicts do I guess...five years from now I'm still gonna have a tshirt sitting in my living room I guess...

thelongrun
06-05-2012, 05:17 PM
When you name your daughter Glenda (and maybe, your dog Desperado or something) :rockguitar:

Glennsallnighter
06-07-2012, 12:53 PM
When you get the following text from your cousin
'mam said you went to LA last week. Assume it was Eagles rel8d'

GlennLover
06-07-2012, 06:46 PM
When you get the following text from your cousin
'mam said you went to LA last week. Assume it was Eagles rel8d'

Too funny! But realistically, why else would you go to LA. ;-)

Glennsallnighter
06-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Well exactly Ann!

EaglesKiwi
09-14-2012, 05:42 AM
You know you're addicted when... you're training your dog to play tug/fetch by singing to him as you wave the toy, "How bad do you want it?... not bad enough!"

In public too, thankfully nobody heard me!

zeldabjr
09-14-2012, 10:19 PM
You know you're addicted when... you're training your dog to play tug/fetch by singing to him as you wave the toy, "How bad do you want it?... not bad enough!"

In public too, thankfully nobody heard me!

what?....I see nothing wrong with your dog training method!!!!

zeldabjr
09-14-2012, 10:22 PM
you know you're addicted to the Eagles when you wore out your Farewell I DVD and had to get a new one!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 11:33 AM
you know you're addicted to the Eagles when you wore out your Farewell I DVD and had to get a new one!
Ha HA.. you are no the only one..lol we are on our third one.
Our son use to see us take it out on Fri nite and run for the hills lol:heart:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Too funny! But realistically, why else would you go to LA. ;-)
Thankd for the laugh.

Ist it a nice thing when our families know us that well??:smile: