PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Jacksonville, FL

Jags
01-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi! My name is Robin and I've been a DIE-HARD Eagles fan since the mid 70's... IMHO, NO other band has ever compared to these guys!!! I've been head over heels in love w/ Don Henley since I was a teen! His voice really sends chills down my spine! *sigh* I've seen Henley do a solo show in Biloxi w/ my mom right before Hurricane Katrina destroyed that city and I'll never forget how good he was that night! I guess Don Felder was my 2nd love, he was just such an awesome lead guitarist IMO, but I also absolutely adore Timothy and Joe! I've only been able to see them all (minus Felder) in concert one time, at the Hard Rock Theme Park grand opening in Myrtle Beach S.C. last year. And although it wasn't exactly a Full show, they were absolutely awesome!!! My hubby bought me 2 tix for my B-day to the upcoming show here in Jacksonville on 1-28 - Section 3 Floor seats on the 8th row! I'm really looking forward to finally seeing them do a full 3 hr. show next Wednesday!!! I know that filming videos is an absolute No-No at all of their shows for some reason, but I'm really hoping that they'll allow cameras? The security guys kept telling us that no pics were even allowed at the one show I went to at the HR Theme Park, but they had a pretty hard time enforcing that rule there since it was a theme park, so I did at least manage to get a few decent pics during the show there. Anyways, I've got an awesome non-professional Panasonic Lumix w/ 40X zoom that takes pretty amazing concert pics, so I'm really hoping I can bring it and get some great shots of the guys up close this time! :) Also, just wondering if anyone has any tips and/or advice on getting autographs either before or after the show? I got to shake Joe's hand after he got off the LITFL roller coaster in Myrtle Beach, and he really seemed to be such a very nice guy! Well, I guess that's all I've got for now, LOL! ;)

EagleLady
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Welcome Robin, I am Elisa, aka EL. You will love it here ;) I am a Don fan too, but I love all of the guys equally.

Jags
01-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi El! Thanks for the warm welcome! :) You can just call me Jags if you like - that's what everyone calls me at other forums that I post at. While I am kinda partial to Don, I really do love all of the other guys, too! ;)

EagleLady
01-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi El! Thanks for the warm welcome! :) You can just call me Jags if you like - that's what everyone calls me at other forums that I post at. While I am kinda partial to Don, I really do love all of the other guys, too! ;)

Nice to meet you Jags. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or Any of our fine Administrators

Prettymaid
01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Hello Jags and welcome! I got to see our boys last Sept. in Chicago - great, great show. And although the tickets say no cameras, and you may be searched and sent away if you have a camera, the band themselves have been allowing pictures. So just be sure you can stuff that camera way down at the bottom of a bag and you should be fine! To see some great photos that Maleah, another Borderer, got at my show, see Concert reviews - Chicago.

sodascouts
01-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Welcome, Jags! Glad you could join us!

I went to that Myrtle Beach show, too. Too bad the park is already closed down! If you'd like to post the photos you took, that would be great! How cool that you got to shake Joe's hand! I'm afraid it's quite rare to get the guys' autographs before or after a show, unfortunately.

If you're camera's a really nice one, you'll have to be extra-discreet while taking photos. One time I was sitting next to a person with a professional-style camera, and while they ignored the people snapping away with cheaper ones, they asked her to stop.

DonFan
01-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Welcome to the Border, Jags!

I was also at the show at the Hard Rock Park, with Soda and I've Always Been a Dreamer. Too bad we didn't know you then! If you want to read what we wrote about that night, and maybe add your own review, you can go to the Concert Reviews section under Review of the Hard Rock Park Show. I wish the Park had made a go of it--I was so sad when I saw it had closed.

I know you will have a great time at the Jacksonville show. The Eagles are coming to my hometown, Birmingham, on Saturday and I can't wait. I am going with both of my teenage daughters this time. No matter how many times you go, it seems like you just can't get enough, y'know? ;)

(BTW, Don's voice sends chills up and down my spine, too!)

ticky
01-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey Jags and welcome!
How lucky are you to get to shake Joe's hand? Im a Joe-girl (if you couldnt tell already) AND you got to see them at the HR Park!! Very cool! I do hope you can get pics at the concert!!
*I* have yet to go to a LROOE concert as they have NOT YET BEEN WEST OF THE ROCKIES... *sigh* I feel better now and I will not.. lets see, how did Willie put it?? .. Oh yeah.. WHINE any more... Im just sitting, waiting.. patiently, muttering bitterly to myself..
Have a spectacular time at the concert!! really *G*

SweetHolly
01-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Welcome.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Welcome from me too, Jags. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. I was also at the Hard Rock Park show with Sodascouts andd DonFan. My niece (who I refer to on this board as Eaglette) and nephew were with me and got to shake Joe's hand after the roller coaster ride too. I was helping to keep the place in line though, so I got no handshake. You will love your first 'full-lengh' show. I was at the Hampton show last week and the band didn't mention anything about taking pictures or video. However, you should probably hide your camera well when trying to get into the venue. Have a blast.

Peekaboo
01-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Hello and Welcome Jags!!! For any fan of the Eagles, this is the place to be. There's tons of reviews and photos to go through. The lovely Mr. Henley is my main man with Mr. Frey running a close second, but don't get me wrong, I love the rest of the guys too. Have fun browsing and posting. See ya around The Border.

Prettymaid
01-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Hey Jags and welcome!
How lucky are you to get to shake Joe's hand? Im a Joe-girl (if you couldnt tell already) AND you got to see them at the HR Park!! Very cool! I do hope you can get pics at the concert!!
*I* have yet to go to a LROOE concert as they have NOT YET BEEN WEST OF THE ROCKIES... *sigh* I feel better now and I will not.. lets see, how did Willie put it?? .. Oh yeah.. WHINE any more... Im just sitting, waiting.. patiently, muttering bitterly to myself..
Have a spectacular time at the concert!! really *G*

Hey Ticky, you want any cheese with that whine? ;)

TimothyBFan
01-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Hey Jags-I want to welcome you also. I, obviously, am a Timothy gal but love all the guys and have been an avid fan since the 70's.

Glad to hear you will be getting to see them next week! I agree that you need to hide that camera to get it into the venue. I was also at the show in Chicago that PM referred to and Maleah was able to take absolutely beautiful shots and Glenn even announced 2 songs into the concert it was ok to take pics. Six weeks later in Cincinnati, the camera nazi's were out in full force and even threw the guy in front of me out of the arena for taking pictures. You just never know. That has been my biggest complaint, get consistant, can we take pictures or not. Just my 2 cents!

BTW--Really cool about shaking Joe's hand!

Hope you enjoy it here! Please be sure and give us a review of the show afterward. Good luck with the whole camera thing!!

ticky
01-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey Ticky, you want any cheese with that whine? ;)

yes :-P

Brooke
01-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi Jags! Welcome from me too. I've also been a fan since the '70's! I got to see the guys last fall in St. Louis and they were wonderful. My husband and I are also going in March to the Columbia show. Can't wait!

Have fun here. There's lots of great stuff to keep you busy.

Jags
01-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Thank you so much everyone for making me feel so welcome here! :) And for the great advice about getting pics... The venue's site states that they do allow non-professional cameras, but it's ultimately up to the artists, so I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed that they'll allow them this time... ummm, yeah and I'll definitely be hiding my camera at the bottom of my bag just in case, too. LOL! ;) Hope I can get lots of great pics to share w/ you all!

Jags
01-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Has anyone here ever been fortunate enough to meet any of the guys and get autographs before or after the show?

Ive always been a dreamer
01-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Jags - It is extremely rare for fans to be able to meet the band and/or get autographs before or after an Eagles show these days. Occasionally, there are meet 'n greets scheduled with Joe before a show. Even less frequently, there may be an event scheduled where you could meet Don before a show. However, the M'nG's usually come at a steep price. I can't recall any occasions where Glenn or Tim hosted an M'nG in recent times. So the bottom line is although I never say never, unfortunately, I would say your odds of this happening are very poor. :(

Jags
01-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Jags - It is extremely rare for fans to be able to meet the band and/or get autographs before or after an Eagles show these days. Occasionally, there are meet 'n greets scheduled with Joe before a show. Even less frequently, there may be an event scheduled where you could meet Don before a show. However, the M'nG's usually come at a steep price. I can't recall any occasions where Glenn or Tim hosted an M'nG in recent times. So the bottom line is although I never say never, unfortunately, I would say your odds of this happening are very poor. :(
Awww, I had a feeling that would be the case. :-( Oh well, still gotta give it a try... I think I'd probably sell my soul just to get a pic w/ Don and an autograph! JK ;)

EagleLady
01-23-2009, 02:44 PM
I always Believe that one day I will meet Don

Jags
01-23-2009, 02:45 PM
I uploaded a profile pic and siggy, but for some reason they're not showing up? Could someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? :eyebrow:

EagleLady
01-23-2009, 02:46 PM
You only Uploaded a Profile Pic, The avatar Is located in the Mini Statistics right beside your profile.

Jags
01-23-2009, 04:00 PM
You only Uploaded a Profile Pic, The avatar Is located in the Mini Statistics right beside your profile.
Thanks again for all your help EL! I really do appreciate it! ;) I guess it was just not showing up in mozzilla's browser for some reason, but it's showing up finally in IE. :)

EagleLady
01-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks again for all your help EL! I really do appreciate it! ;) I guess it was just not showing up in mozzilla's browser for some reason, but it's showing up finally in IE. :)

Your Welcome. Anytime you need help, don't be afraid to ask.

Mrs Henley
01-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Hey Jags, a big welcome from the other side of the ocean!
Hope you have a great time here! it's a nice place to be.

Jags
01-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Hey Jags, a big welcome from the other side of the ocean!
Hope you have a great time here! it's a nice place to be.
Hey right back at ya! :bye: Thanks so much for the warm welcome! BTW, I'm head over heels in love w/ your hubby, Mrs. Henley! :jealous: Would you mind terribly if I borrowed him from ya sometime? LOL! ;)