PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Milwaukee!

RamboIV
02-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I don't know if you've seen my youtube series on the History of the Eagles, but Parts 1 - 4 are up online now, and I am currently working on Part 5. Check them out here:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

I just thought I would introduce myself here. My name is Joe and I am from Milwaukee, WI. I saw the Eagles perform in September 2008 in Milwaukee, and I am currently hunting for some bootlegs of the Glenn Frey / Joe Walsh "Party of Two" performances that landed in Milwaukee. If anyone knows anything about bootlegs or that tour, any info would be greatly appreciated!

My favorite Eagles song is "Take It Easy", and I'm a huge fan of Glenn Frey's and Joe Walsh's solo work, as well. Not the biggest Don Henley fan in the world, but hey, who doesn't like Dirty Laundry? Am I right?

Anyway, I really like the site you have going and I'm looking forward to being an active member of this online community. Also, thanks already to so much of the positive feedback I've received for my videos! That is only motivation for me too make more. Talk to you all soon!

Prettymaid
02-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Welcome Joe! I have enjoyed part 1 of your series - great job! I saw the show in Chicago last September and am planning on going to Indy in March. I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

sodascouts
02-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi Joe,

As you know, I'm a fan of your work. ;) I'm glad you've joined us here and I hope that you are going to post Part 5 soon.

Just Another Hired Hand
02-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Welcome to The Border. The videos were very entertaining. I'm looking forward to number 5.

If you ever get the chance you should make it a point to catch a Don Henley solo show. I saw him in June of 2007 and he was fantastic. He is a very animated story teller when he appears solo. He also uses many of the Eagles back up musicians including Steuart Smith, Michael Thompson, Scott Crago, and Will Hollis. You should make it a point to read my review posted in the concert reviews section of The Border. It could change your feelings about Henley. Welcome and keep the videos coming.

ticky
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey Joe!, first of all, Great name, Joe *G* BIG Joe fan here *G* Second, I really enjoyed your series thus far, very funny and informative and I agreed with quite a bit of it (Rascal Flats has NO PLACE doing Hotel California.. sorry RF fans..) I'm looking forward to Part 5! so... Hurry up! *G* just kidding.. no really.. *G*

eaglesvet
02-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Hey Joe! I've only looked at Parts 1--3 so far, but I thought your discussions of Desperado and Life in the Fast Lane were quite humorous...although I completely disagree with you on the innate appeal :nod: of Desperado! I have a feeling it may be a gender-related bias, however!;)

Ive always been a dreamer
02-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Welcome Joe. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy it here on The Border. Great job on your videos. You had me laughing out loud at some parts and shaking my head saying "no no" at others. :wink: Can't wait to see the other parts.

Koala
02-07-2009, 03:29 AM
Welcome Joe!
I am also new, feels me very well here! I hope you too!
Here the best place for an eaglefan!
Take it easy is also one of my favorite songs!

Freypower
02-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Welcome, Joe.

Your videos are excellent and very well put together. May I suggest though that you give the Strange Weather album another listen? Despite the video Love In The 21st Century is a great song in my opinion.

I have a feeling that YBTTC is not included in Dublin because he thought it was too well known. I applaud him for doing other songs. I especially love his version of Desperado but if you don't like the song much, well, that's a shame.

Stars
02-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Welcome from me, too, Joe! I saw all of your series, and enjoyed it a lot. I never knew that Glenn had been criticized by Neil Young for doing those ads. I do have to disagree with Glenn's quote that "Harvest" was Neil's last good album. "Comes A Time" was released a few years later, and is every bit as good, if not better. (I'm a big Neil Young fan too)
At any rate, I have to agree with FP that you need to listen to Glenn's album, "Strange Weather" again. In my opinion, it's his best!:)
And I have to say that, if asked to choose my favorite Eagles song, it would be "Desperado"!:thumbsup: I was absolutely thrilled to hear Glenn take it on at the Dublin concert, and I think he did every bit as good a job on it as Don did.
Looking forward to seeing part 5 of your series!

sodascouts
02-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I have a feeling that YBTTC is not included in Dublin because he thought it was too well known.

But he included The Heat Is On, which was just as big a solo hit. Also, all of the Eagles songs he performed (Take It Easy, Lyin' Eyes, Heartache Tonight, etc.) were certainly more well-known than YBTTC.

I think there must be some other reason that eludes us.

TimothyBFan
02-07-2009, 11:17 PM
A big welcome from me also Joe and just like everyone else, I love your videos. Glad you have joined us and look forward to your post.

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Welcome from me too Joe. I haven't had the time to check out your work as yet but soon will. I love all Glenn :heart:'s solo work as well. have fun posting!

Mrs Henley
02-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Howdy Joe and a big warm welcome from the cold country of the Netherlands!

Grrrrr I might kill you about not being a Don Henley fan, but than I can stay killing people here, lol
No just kidding, Glenn and Joe are also very good!

Hope you have a lot of fun here! It's a great place to be!

Peekaboo
02-13-2009, 09:43 AM
A belated welcome from me!! I enjoyed your videos as well. I always like hearing other peoples opinions on the Eagles and yours were quite interesting. I agreed with some parts and disagreed with other parts but I applaud you for doing your videos :applause:. You did your research and put together some good stuff. I look forward to seeing part 5.

Troubadour
02-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi Joe. Welcome from me, too! It's good to have you here.

I'm not familiar with your videos, but I have the whole weekend off so I'll watch them over the next day or two :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to it.

RamboIV
02-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi all! Thanks for the kind words! I just wanted to say I finished Part V and you can check it out here!!!

Part 5

sodascouts
02-15-2009, 05:14 PM
We don't always agree, but it's very well done!

Just Another Hired Hand
02-15-2009, 05:33 PM
I just checked out part V. Very entertaining. I don't agree with everything, but it sure was fun to watch. I had some difficulty watching it on my computer...the first 15 or 20 seconds did not cache properly. I made repeated attempts with the same result. Other than that Nice job!

02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks again, Joe. Great job again. Like others, I have to take issue with some of your opinions, especially about Desperado and Love In the 21st Century, which I happen to think is uber cool! :wink: However, your productions are really entertaining, nonetheless. Looking forward to the remaining parts.

TimothyBFan
02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I just watched part 5 also!! Nice job but I too don't always agree with what you have to say, (specifically about a certain bass player and his solo work!) but I respect your opinion! Thanks for posting them tho. You really put some effort into it, that is obvious! Good job!

RamboIV
03-08-2009, 09:08 PM
And after a long delay, here is the much anticipated, Part VI!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_CVpidD5HU

Enjoy!

Part VII will be coming soon. It will cover LROOE, the Eagles Milwaukee concert, a wrap up of the series, and some other odds and ends I want to include.

Freypower
03-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Those two parts are very good.

In Part 5, that was the first time that I had actually watched Felder say he was in the band 'at the start'. I am afraid that because that is so blatantly untrue, my respect for him has diminished even further. You say he came across as bitter despite his intentions. With all the 'I wrote Hotel California' stuff I saw pure ego. Maybe I shouldn't say that but before too much opprobrium was poured on the egos of Frey and Henley he should have looked at himself.

A couple of minor quibbles - you said three of the HFO songs were not written by the Eagles. The Girl From Yesterday was co-written by Glenn Frey and Learn To Be Still was co-written by Don Henley. Also, in the segment on Frey's acting, Miami Vice occurred during the 80s, years before those other jobs.

03-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks again for Part VI, Joe. I have to agree with you about the falsetto in YBTTC - I'm not that fond of it either. HOWEVER - I have to say even with the falsetto, the song was amazing live. It totally rocked and got some of the biggest applauses of just about any song at the Richmond and Hampton F1 shows I attended. For that reason, I would love to see Glenn bring it back in the Eagles set list.

RamboIV
04-06-2009, 03:30 PM
And Part 7 is finally complete!

Check it out here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z006_xmKXc

An extended cut of this episode will be available very shortly.

anne-o-gg
04-06-2009, 03:59 PM
from one "fairly" new-comer to another..welcome Joe! I haven't had a chance to watch your videos, but I will tonight...It's a dreary, rainy Monday here in Indiana, so this will give me something to look forward to!

:partytime:

AmarilloByMorning
08-13-2009, 12:02 PM
I agreed with quite a bit of it (Rascal Flats has NO PLACE doing Hotel California.. sorry RF fans..)
Oy! I'm a Rascal Flatts fan, but I wholeheartedly concur! What a completely mortifying performance. And what genius let Underwood near "Desperado"? I refer to it as "the infamous Underwood massacre of '07."

Rambo, I haven't watched your videos yet, but fully intend to do so. Just wanted to say hello, as I grew up in Milwaukee & attended Marquette - lived in the area until I was 22. I have recurring nightmares about the Lake Effect. 8-) Did you see them at the Bradley Center in September? Great show!!

AmarilloByMorning
08-13-2009, 01:05 PM
HAHAHHAA I just reached the portion of part 2 where you, uh, impartially discussed the infamous Rascal Flatts/Underwood massacre of '07. :laugh: Fantastic.