PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the Eagles in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stars
02-07-2009, 04:09 PM
I am barely able to contain myself-I'm going to be seeing the Eagles in July in Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blueblob::stunned::fainted :
Here's how this all came about:
Back in December, when the Scottish date was announced, I jokingly said to my hubby that we should go, since he is from Scotland and likes to go back and visit as much as possible. He agreed, so I went online and tried to get a ticket. I never found anything very good, so I decided if we did go over, I would just try for a ticket over there. Unbeknownst to me, my hubby got on the phone (at work), and got me a ticket!!!!!! Today, on my birthday, he told me he had gotten me a ticket to see the Eagles as a birthday present!!!! I can hardly believe it, I have just been smiling all day, in spite of the fact that I am home sick today!:thumbsup:
My hubby has got to be the sweetest, most understanding, person on earth! I should have suspected that way back in 1973 when he wrote that stellar review for the Desperado album. Now if I could just convince him to come with me to see them one more time...:)

sodascouts
02-07-2009, 04:17 PM
That's terrific! I'm so happy for you! I hope you can convince hubby to go. What a doll he is!

eaglesvet
02-07-2009, 05:44 PM
That is toooo cooool! :thumbsup: It will be very interesting for you to compare how an overseas show is, given that you've seen them here a few times. Better take great notes and great photos; and that includes of the Scottish countryside! Have you ever been to Scotland before, or just Mike?

Do we have any Borderers who reside in Scotland:?:

Troubadour
02-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Wow! I am so, so happy for you, Carla! I know that you were crossing your fingers about the Scotland trip... How fantastic that your hubby got the tickets for you! You must have been ecstatic, especially after the recent disappointment in New Orleans. July will be a focal point for both of us :yay: Oh, and if there's any chance of me getting to Glasgow, I will be there!

Peekaboo
02-07-2009, 08:20 PM
What an amazing Birthday gift!!!! That's so great and I'm incredibly happy for you. Seeing the guys in concert is always amazing but to get to see them in Scotland sounds even better. That's going to be a wonderful trip for you. I bet this more than makes up for not getting to see the guys in New Orleans.

DonFan
02-07-2009, 08:30 PM
That is wonderful! That is the PERFECT birthday gift! What a great guy.

TimothyBFan
02-07-2009, 10:47 PM
WOW Carla--I am so happy for you. Your husband is a wonderful man. That's a man that knows what kind of gift to give a woman!:)

Just Another Hired Hand
02-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Seeing the eagles in Scotland...that just plain rocks! But your husband isn't going with you? When TT and I went to the show in November we had a blast! Her and I were dancing in the aisle. I'll add here it is unusual for me to get up and dance...that's saying something. Egg him on, Use every power of persuasion you have (and I'm sure you have many...the Scotland ticket speaks for itself) I'm sure he won't regret it. I'm hoping they come by someplace within a four hour drive...you'll know where to find me.

Koala
02-08-2009, 03:09 AM
I see the eagles also in July in Hamburg!
I wish you a lot fun with your concert! This is really a very nice birthday present!

EagleLady
02-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Oh Carla that is aweseome news, Hope you have fun :partytime:

Stars
02-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Thank you, everyone, for sharing in my enthusiasm! Who else (not even my sisters or closest friends) would understand how much this birthday gift means to me?:)

EV, I have been to Scotland several times over the years, but Mike has gone over many times without me. Last time I was there was in 2000, so I'm eager to get back and reconnect with old friends, in addition to seeing our guys, of course!:yay:

Lou, I sure was ecstatic, especially after missing out on seeing the guys in New Orleans. That would be GREAT if you could make it to Glasgow-I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!:partytime:

PB, you are right. It sure does make up for not making it to the New Orleans show! It seems like everything worked out the way it was meant to, doesn't it?

Willie, hubby sure does know what kind of a gift to give to a woman! I can't imagine a more perfect gift!:thumbsup:

JAHH-Although Mike did go with me to see the Eagles in DC, he is not as enthusiastic about them as I am, and he said that "once is enough"! However, he is certainly understanding about my love for the guys,and I sure appreciate that. It would be fun if he came along, but I certainly understand his reasons for not going.:)

Koala, That's fantastic that you'll be seeing the Eagles in Hamburg in July!! I hope you have a wonderful time, and please tell us all about it!!:partytime:

TimothyBFan
02-08-2009, 12:15 PM
!

JAHH-Although Mike did go with me to see the Eagles in DC, he is not as enthusiastic about them as I am, and he said that "once is enough"! However, he is certainly understanding about my love for the guys,and I sure appreciate that. It would be fun if he came along, but I certainly understand his reasons for not going.:)

My hubby is the same way. He went to the Chicago show with me but when it came to Cincinnati he suggested I take our 16 year old daughter, and now Indy will be me alone and meeting up with Soda. He also said once was enough and fine with me, saves money for more tickets for me. :hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Awesome for you Stars - I know you can't wait. And :applause: for all of the wise and supportive hubbys!!!

Koala
02-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Koala, That's fantastic that you'll be seeing the Eagles in Hamburg in July!! I hope you have a wonderful time, and please tell us all about it!!:partytime:
Thanks!
I will have certainly a very nice time on the concert
and I also try to report as good as possible about the concert!:)

eaglesvet
02-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Why do European concerts have their ticket sales so far in advance of the concerts...does anyone out there know? The same was true of Bruce Springsteen's shows as of the Eagles.

Peekaboo
02-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Willie, hubby sure does know what kind of a gift to give to a woman! I can't imagine a more perfect gift!:thumbsup:

You know, they always say that diamonds are a girls best friend but i think in the case of all of us Borderers, Eagles tickets are a girls best friend. :wink:

Prettymaid
02-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Stars this is great news for you! I can only imagine how excited you must be!

eaglesvet
02-09-2009, 10:30 PM
You know, they always say that diamonds are a girls best friend but i think in the case of all of us Borderers, Eagles tickets are a girls best friend. :wink:
Or maybe just plain Eagles....sigh...

Koala
02-10-2009, 05:24 AM
Why do European concerts have their ticket sales so far in advance of the concerts...does anyone out there know? The same was true of Bruce Springsteen's shows as of the Eagles.
I have no idea why this so is!
For the concerts in Germany the tickets already could in the last December will order.
I had ordered mine then at the beginning of January.

Peekaboo
02-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Or maybe just plain Eagles....sigh...

Yeah!! That would be much better!!!

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2009, 10:05 AM

So they can bank the money that we pay and then make loads of interest before they have to start paying out! :lol:

Seriously though I don't mind. It gives a chance to recover from buying tickets before you have to think about travel and possible accomodation costs. Not to mention the cost of buying souvenir memorabilia!

I'm glad our tickets went on sale in December. They are bought, paid for and ready to go! Now all I need to do is look forward! If I had only had a 6 or 8 week lead in I don't think I'd have been able to afford 2 gigs!