01-15-2016, 07:00 PM
The Enforcer
The Departed
The Woman (Meg Ryan and Annette Bening) Funny
Good Fellas
The Hours (Meryl Streep) Sad but good.
Heartburn (Meryl Streep)
How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days (Kate Hudson, Matthew Mcconaughey
American Gigolo and Breathless (Richard Gere is Hot)
Bugsy (A. Bening and Warren Beatty) Supposedly they fell in love on this movie.
Practical Magic (Bullock and Kidman)

Just to name a few..
Also, has anyone seen Black Mass with Johnny Depp? We do not get it on demand and I wondered if it was worth renting.

Pink Champagne
01-15-2016, 09:30 PM
It definitely had Marie as the middle name. I even quickly pointed it out to one of my friends that was there.

I can't figure out how to get a screen shot in this post but I Googled the film's production notes and they show her full name in the cast. Scroll down to the bottom of the cast right before they begin listing the crew and you will see her name.

LuvTim
01-15-2016, 11:36 PM
Just watched "The Martian." Pretty good.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-16-2016, 12:15 AM
It definitely had Marie as the middle name. I even quickly pointed it out to one of my friends that was there.

I can't figure out how to get a screen shot in this post but I Googled the film's production notes and they show her full name in the cast. Scroll down to the bottom of the cast right before they begin listing the crew and you will see her name.

I found the production notes. Taylor Marie Frey is listed on page 34:

http://www.twcpublicity.com/downloads/production/carol_press_notes.pdf

I think it's a pretty safe bet that this is Glenn's daughter. Dang - now I'm going to have to watch the movie to see the party girls ... pathetic huh? :rolleyes:

Freypower
01-16-2016, 01:14 AM
So does this mean Glenn's daughter is going to be an actress?

It's a shame she has decided to use the 'Marie' because it makes her sound like Lisa Marie Presley, but in order to distinguish herself from this Taylor Frey actor, I suppose she must. Also perhaps IMDB needs to update its information.

Maybe she should try for a part in a film with Lily Collins. :twisted:

01-16-2016, 02:26 PM
I don't think we can surmise anything from this about whether or not Taylor has been bitten by the acting bug. Since part of the film was shot in New York where she lives, it may have just been a fun and convenient little gig to do on the side.

As far as using her full name, she seems to have been doing that for some time now. I personally think it's pretty and sure helps identify that she is a she since Taylor is gender-neutral.

Glennhoney
01-16-2016, 03:53 PM
Taylor Marie has been working or trying to work as an actress for a few years now....and she has been going by Taylor Marie for a long time..

LuvTim
01-16-2016, 04:36 PM
Taylor Marie has been working or trying to work as an actress for a few years now....and she has been going by Taylor Marie for a long time..

I wish her all kinds of good luck . :thumbsup: That can be a tough business.

Freypower
01-16-2016, 04:53 PM

Well, OK. I didn't know any of that. :-?

Good luck to her if that's what she wants to do.

sodascouts
01-16-2016, 05:59 PM
IMDB is a relialble source.

A lot of people don't know this, but IMDB is just like Wikipedia in that it is user-edited. I have encountered mistakes in it before.

Taylor has been interested in acting since she was a teenager, but I don't know if she's still considering it as a career or more of a sideline. Best of luck to her whatever she does.

I'm definitely going to check out Carol now, though!

Glennhoney
01-16-2016, 10:17 PM
Do you know what else she is doing Soda?...I see her name once in a while in some theatrical productions...maybe still in university??

WalshFan88
04-09-2016, 10:37 PM
My favorite movie of late is "Daddy's Home". Funny movie with Mark Wahlberg (from the Ted series) and Will Ferrell (from Stepbrothers).

MortSahlFan
04-20-2016, 06:32 PM
Just like with music, when I see people with similar tastes, and then run into something I don't know, I'm more likely to try it out and like it. So, why not list your favorite movies.

I've messed with my rankings, and I'm always finding new movies, but here's a go. Don't worry about the #'s, and I know I should shift many, but it gives you an idea, and maybe a reminder, and if you have any suggestions, PLEASE reply!

1. Harry and Tonto
nashville
la strada
they shoot horses dont they
one flew over the cuckoo's nest
network
there will be blood
battle of algiers
treasure of the sierra madre
birdman of alcatraz
mccabe and mrs. miller
ace in the hole
mr deeds goes to town
the misfits
a face in the crowd
mikey and nicky
the seventh seal
wild strawberries
a child is waiting
seven samurai
sunset boulevard
rashomon
18. ikiru
19. high and low
20. red beard
21. taxi driver
22. last tango in paris
23. trainspotting
24. american beauty
25. grapes of wrath
26. 12 angry men
27. elmer gantry
28 on the waterfront
Dodsworth
29. a clockwork orange
30. citizen kane
31. the godfather
32. a woman under the influence
33. annie hall
34. harold and maude
35. shane
36. gentleman's agreement
37. the devil and daniel webster
38. bicycle thieves
39. loneliness of a long distance runner
40. meet john doe
41. crossfire
42. all about eve
43. chinatown
44. barry lyndon
45. dog day afternoon
46. the misfits
47. manhattan
48. a streetcar named desire
49. touch of evil
50. casablanca
lolita
magnolia
Full Metal Jacket
heaven can wait
Godfather Part II
You can't take it with you
One-Eyed jacks
M
the last detail
persona
What Happened to...
in cold blood
and justice for all
Run Lola Run
The Edukators
the conversation
raging bull
the snake pit
splendor in the grass
seargant york
the third man
Baby Doll
city of god
glengarry glenn ross
paths of glory
home of the brave
serpico
the caine mutiny
mr. smith goes to washington
I live in fear
La Dolce Vita
inherit the wind
asphalt jungle
love story
the straight story
falling down
Pulp Fiction
The Graduate
high noon
stagecoach
marooned
waking life
scandal
the getaway
The Wild One
anatomy of a murder
from here to eternity
the long goodbye
Salt of the Earth

Freypower
04-20-2016, 06:35 PM
Here is the Movies topic in Cheap Talk & Wine.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1384

MortSahlFan
04-20-2016, 06:50 PM
I clicked "Search" and clicked on both "Threads" and "Posts" and saw a ton of stuff... I will try to delete this and paste it on the other. Thanks!

Prettymaid
04-20-2016, 06:55 PM
Don't worry about it, Matt. A moderator can do that for us if they think the threads should be merged. You've got quite a list there. I can think of, maybe three. :)

04-21-2016, 12:10 AM
I went ahead and merged the threads. I'll have to give this some thought and post a list later. I know my top two favorites - Titanic is my second pick and my choice for #1 is Dr. Zhivago.

FWIW
04-21-2016, 12:24 AM
One movie that I like a lot is The Shawshank Redemption with Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins. It's based on the Stephen King novella Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption.

buffyfan145
04-21-2016, 10:08 AM
That is always so hard for me as I have so many favorites. Plus, I'll watch any that my favorite actors are in. I tend to usually group it by genre though as it's easier to narrow it down that way. My favorite genres are similar to my favorite TV genres like dramas, comedies, dramedys, romance, sci-fi/fantasy, superhero, and mystery/crime. But I also love indie movies (especially in the style of Edward Burns' films), biopics (especially music or sports), John Hughes' films, most 80s films, mob movies, Disney movies, musicals, and every year I try to watch most of the Oscar nominated films.

I also love watching classic films with the old Hollywood actors and discovering new favorites that way. I particularly love watching ones with Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis, Audrey Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, Humphrey Bogart, Gene Kelly, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, and Cary Grant.

buffyfan145
06-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Saw "Me Before You" yesterday and loved it!!! :D It's my favorite movie so far this year and one of the best romantic dramas I've seen in a long time. Also impressed with how many men liked the movie so that's saying something. LOL The critics have given it really great reviews too. The cast was great and had a lot of British actors I recognized. It is based off a book but I hadn't read it, but fans of the books have really liked it too.

MortSahlFan
06-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Latest movies I liked...

-Dodsworth
-The Incident
-Never On Sunday
-L'Argent
-The Blue Dahlia
-Scenes From A Marriage
-Buffalo '66
-Gummo
-Breaking Away
-subUrbia
-taste of cherry
-close-up
-my brilliant career
-Marriage Italian Style
-straw dogs

RudieCantFail
08-01-2016, 05:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnqnYjerpmk

Well, Jack Bauer is my favorite J.B. action hero, but Jason Bourne is still ahead of James Bond in my book. Find out if Bourne should have returned or stayed off the grid in my review of Jason Bourne.

MortSahlFan
08-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Great movies I've seen in the last 2 months for the first time.

-An Autumn Afternoon
-Ordet
-Ride the high country
-Peeping Tom
-Hell Drivers
-Late Autumn

buffyfan145
08-09-2016, 04:17 PM
I just watched a fantastic music movie called "Sing Street"!!! :D It's set in 1985 Ireland and tells the story of teenage boy who decides to form a band called Sing Street (a play on their school's address). I loved the writer/director's other movies "Once" (which became a Broadway musical) and "Begin Again" so I figured I would love this too and I did. Such a great Irish cast and I loved all the 80s music especially the songs created for the film. Plus the lead singer and lead guitarist totally reminded me of Bono and The Edge from U2 but as teens. Totally going on my 2016 fav films list.

WS82Classics
08-11-2016, 09:46 PM
Recently saw the movie "Wild," which starred the lovely Reese Witherspoon.

A bit graphic and vulgar at times, but an otherwise amazing movie.

MortSahlFan
08-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Recently saw the movie "Wild," which starred the lovely Reese Witherspoon.

A bit graphic and vulgar at times, but an otherwise amazing movie.

I saw that too.. When she's backpacking.. I saw a movie "Wendy and Lucy" that was kinda similar. I know I saw it before, but I guess it wasn't great enough to stay with me.

I saw "The Working-Class Go To Heaven" -- fine Italian movie. Inspiring too.

Lisa
08-14-2016, 01:20 PM
I've already mentioned "Chariots of Fire."

How about Disney's "Hercules?," "The Bodyguard" with Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston, "Kingdom of Heaven" about the Crusades, "Gone With the Wind," "Love Story," "Elizabeth" with Cate Blanchett--the first one of a series of movies, "The Temptations," a made for NBC-TV movie.

WS82Classics
08-16-2016, 12:09 AM
Caught a few scenes from the Montgomery Clift movie "A Place in the Sun." Now THOSE are real and classily-done love scenes!

I was explaining the plot line of the classic movie "The Straight Story"(about a guy travelling hundreds of miles on a riding mower to visit his sick brother) to my father yesterday, and he thought it was just ridiculous. Fortunately, he doesn't have the greatest of tastes in movies(he thinks "Battlefield Earth" is a great movie).

Delilah
08-16-2016, 01:40 AM
Caught a few scenes from the Montgomery Clift movie "A Place in the Sun." Now THOSE are real and classily-done love scenes!

I was explaining the plot line of the classic movie "The Straight Story"(about a guy travelling hundreds of miles on a riding mower to visit his sick brother) to my father yesterday, and he thought it was just ridiculous. Fortunately, he doesn't have the greatest of tastes in movies(he thinks "Battlefield Earth" is a great movie).

I love "A Place in the Sun"--Montgomery Clift was so handsome and Elizabeth Taylor was perfect for that role. I vaguely remember the riding lawn movie. I think it was that lead actor's last film (I can't recall his name but he was also in Misery).

WS82Classics
08-16-2016, 09:58 PM
I love "A Place in the Sun"--Montgomery Clift was so handsome and Elizabeth Taylor was perfect for that role. I vaguely remember the riding lawn movie. I think it was that lead actor's last film (I can't recall his name but he was also in Misery).

The lead actor was Richard Farnsworth, who died a year later from various ailments at 80. Harry Dean Stanton, the co-star, is still going strong at 90.

Recently bought the movie "A Million Ways to Die in the West," which I really liked when I saw it in theaters a couple of years back.

Brooke
08-22-2016, 02:47 PM
We went to see Jason Bourne Saturday night. Great show and as usual, action packed!

LuvTim
08-22-2016, 04:39 PM
I found the new Meryl Streep movie, "Florence Foster Jenkins" really lovely. :heart:

MortSahlFan
09-01-2016, 07:25 PM
I just saw "My Dinner With Andre" and wish there were more conversational movies that talk about life. Andre can get annoying at times, but the movie is great!

MortSahlFan
01-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Some great movies I have seen in the last few months:

-hombre
-the road builder
-dry summer
-an enemy of the people
-Paisan
-La Bianche Notte
-Place de la République
-A Special Day
-hardcore
-the roof
-Sunflower
-To DIe For
-sounder
-the blue hotel
-stranger than paradise
-cinema paradiso
-Joe
-The Cranes Are Flying - 10/10
-Autumn Sonata
-the heiress
-Fat City
-zandy's bride
-litle fugitive
-lies my father told me - 9/10
-nights at maud's

Brooke
03-21-2017, 03:57 PM
I watched War Dogs the other night. Very enlightening and based on the true story of two young men, David Packouz and Efraim Diveroli, who won a $300 million contract from the Pentagon to arm America's allies in Afghanistan. (I copied that description from ImDb!)

Anyways, it opened with Funk 49 by the James Gang and closed with Everybody Knows sung by Leonard Cohen. (Must say I prefer Don's version)

WalshFan88
03-24-2017, 02:13 AM
For those who like raunchy comedies, Bad Santa 2 is a great followup to the first movie...It has the same two main characters with some new ones. Billy Bob Thornton is hilarious...

That said, not a kid friendly movie and not for those who don't like that genre.

RudieCantFail
09-06-2017, 04:32 AM
Has anyone seen Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story? I want to see it one of these days, since I just watched a clip of John C. Reilly playing the titular character parodying Brian Wilson's production techniques. I was led to it after watching a Love and Mercy clip for a few seconds.

DJ
09-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Haven't gone to any theaters lately. I'm stuck with cable. But I'm truly stuck on Deadpool! I adore Ryan Reynolds in this movie. Yes it's raunchy but he is so flippin funny! The sound track also kicks ass. Cannot wait until Part 2 comes out........:cheers:

Delilah
09-23-2017, 06:22 PM
I saw the movie "It" last night. It was good, not over-the-top scary but it started to drag about half-way through. I was a little surprised at all the F-bombs dropped by the kid characters, though it's probably that way in the book, which I haven't read. It was definitely better than what I remember of the TV movie, which I found lame.

MortSahlFan
03-28-2018, 02:35 PM
I read how "Ana-ta-han" was considered by Jim Morrison the most profound movie he ever saw, and it's on YouTube.. It is quite great!

shunlvswx
03-31-2018, 10:27 PM
I finally watched Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I really liked it. The trailer definitely had you fooled in a few scenes, but I knew it wasn't true. Its sad we will never see Carrie Fisher again in this movie since she died last year. She did a great job.

The Disco Strangler
05-16-2018, 10:20 AM
I finally watched Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I really liked it. The trailer definitely had you fooled in a few scenes, but I knew it wasn't true. Its sad we will never see Carrie Fisher again in this movie since she died last year. She did a great job.

I'm also behind in the Star Wars movies. I finally watched The Force Awakens. It was awesome. I really love the heroine Rhey.