PDA

View Full Version : Quotable Walsh

Ive always been a dreamer
02-12-2009, 11:12 PM
As some of you may know, Soda has a section on Glenn Frey Online called "Quotable Frey". I always liked reading it, and thought it would be cool to add a similar "Quotable Walsh" to Joe Walsh Online. However, I need some help and would like to solicit some suggestions from our members about some of Joe's memorable quotes that you think should be added. You can either post your ideas here in this thread or PM me. If there is enough interest and feedback, maybe we could do the same for the other guys as well.

If you want to take a look at GFO to get some ideas about what I'm thinking about, here is the link:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/quotes/index.htm

MikeA
02-13-2009, 12:07 AM
I only got drunk once. It lasted 30 years.

RMW: I I'd known I'd still be playing that now, I'd have written something else

(s)He is the best (fill in the blank) on the Planet

EagleLady
02-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Just cause you wrote them, don't mean you can play them

Prettymaid
02-13-2009, 08:06 AM
"We never dreamed we'd even be alive at this point, so every day is an adventure."

Prettymaid
02-13-2009, 08:43 AM
"Irving and I lived in his car for awhile...then Danny Fogleberg moved in and it got pretty crowded."

sodascouts
02-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Joe's such a funny guy - this "Quotable Walsh" will be a riot.

Thanks for the contributions, guys!

Here's one about him joining the Eagles that I got from the JWO Article Archive (http://www.joewalshonline.com/articles/index.htm):

"When I joined the Eagles, everybody was so serious. The whole way the band worked was so serious. I just had to lighten things up. And I figured if I had a good time, there's a darn good chance the audience would too." (Tampa Tribune 2003)

Ive always been a dreamer
02-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks to everyone so far - these are all great. I would like to have this ready by the anniversary of JWO in August, so there is still plenty of time. So everyone please keep the quotes coming, as well as any other ideas or suggestions.

DonFan
02-14-2009, 10:30 AM
"All I want to do is go down as being a valid creative person for the generation I represent. That's my job on the planet."

ticky
02-15-2009, 12:40 PM
In regards to Stevie Nicks on the Mark Lane interview "... She's a good witch."

JoeFan
02-17-2009, 04:00 AM
"Hey, go play in front of people, don't be in a hurry to make it because nobody does overnight, and God help you if you do, because you go down just as quick."

anne-o-gg
04-22-2009, 08:38 AM
"Irving and I lived in his car for awhile...then Danny Fogleberg moved in and it got pretty crowded."

That always craks me up!

Here's one - I heard this in a tv press conference from 04, I think...the reporter says this, "now that he's found that drugs don't work, he's found another addiction"

JW: "I watch rugby. I don't have a clue what's going on, but I waaatttch it"

(here's the link to that...if I did it right: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_entertainment_story_skin/451734?format=html

anne-o-gg
04-22-2009, 08:42 AM
(from peekaboos post in JW mentions in the press -

I was talking to Ozzy about 2 weeks ago. The James Gang and his band, we played a whole bunch of gigs and neither of us remember anything. We know we played together because we have the posters.

:hilarious:

sodascouts
04-22-2009, 08:49 AM
LOL! Joe is such a hoot!

Prettymaid
04-22-2009, 09:34 AM
Poor Joe, I'm afraid the drugs have fried the memory part of his brain! I'm so thankful that he's clean and sober.

Good quotes AOGG.

sodascouts
04-22-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm sure he has some memory loss, but I think here he's exaggerating it to get a laugh. It works, too! Self-deprecating humor is one of the surest ways to amuse the listener, lol.

anne-o-gg
04-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Oh, I agree totally soda...on both points...I think he does exagggerate with this...because it really is funny...

I, too, am very happy that he is sober and enjoying life!

Prettymaid
04-22-2009, 02:50 PM
It might be slightly exaggerated, but I'll bet he's lost huge parts of his past! And you're right Soda, it's great that he jokes about it.

anne-o-gg
04-22-2009, 04:13 PM
from F1..when asked about if
he had to go through any kind of initiating...

"I'm still going through it...Henley's not done with me yet"

and when asked how different it was to come back to Australia...

"Well, I remember this time.......which is good"

Maleah
04-23-2009, 01:23 AM
I LOVE that first one when he says it on F1.....so cute! And then when he's teasing Don later about the "who's guitar is this" line. Too cute!

anne-o-gg
04-23-2009, 09:01 AM
I know! That whole ending series there really makes me LOL! Don is too funny - "who's guitar is this actually" - oh, haha! So funny - then Joe teasing him - great moment...glad they included that...

DonFan
04-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I was talking to Ozzy about 2 weeks ago. The James Gang and his band, we played a whole bunch of gigs and neither of us remember anything. We know we played together because we have the posters.

This is hilarious--I never heard this one before! :hilarious: