PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Album Survivor

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Time a new Survivor! This one is Eagles Album Survivor. If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7%20%5B/)

I'm going to list the albums of the Eagles here (except for the Greatest Hits packages). Vote for the album that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The album that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more album will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

For this Survivor, we also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the beginning of the round, I ask a question related to one of the Eagles albums. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining album to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any album being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

We have finished the game. Thanks for playing!

The winner of the Eagles Album Survivor Game is:
Hotel California

Albums Voted Off:
Hell Freezes Over 2/18
Live 2/20
The Long Run 2/22
One of These Nights 2/24
Eagles LP 2/26
On the Border 2/28
Desperado 3/02
Long Road Out of Eden 3/04

Game Over!

sodascouts
02-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm gonna say Hell Freezes Over. It's a landmark album in that they'd gotten together again after so long, and it's great, but the new material isn't as strong as some other albums, and the rest is live rehash.

I cast my vote for Hell Freezes Over.

Freypower
02-16-2009, 09:23 PM
I love these games!

I agree with you Soda. I cast my vote for Hell Freezes Over.

MikeA
02-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Okay, I'll go along with Hell Freezes Over, though it is mostly a "live" Greatest Hits. As such, I think that it is the least original....though I did like the acoustic version of Hotel California.

Still, my vote definitely goes for HFO for the first round.

Glennsallnighter
02-16-2009, 09:28 PM
This is going to be so hard! Particularly as we get on to the later rounds

EagleLady
02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
I will go for HFO as well

ticky
02-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Tsk tsk tsk , *shaking head* cant do it.. I just cant do it... It doesnt matter too much since my vote in this game is usually the mark of death for whatever Im trying to save.. but in this case, I love HFO and I just cant let it go yet.

so, Im voting for Long Road out of Eden I love this collection, but among those to choose from here.. It is, in my opinion, the weakest.

Scarlet Sun
02-16-2009, 11:56 PM
LROE

GlennLover
02-17-2009, 12:45 AM
I have to go with HFO as well.

AzEaglesFan
02-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Since most if not all of the songs are covered on other albumns I'll go HFO too.

Koala
02-17-2009, 02:51 AM
I vote for Hell Freezes Over.

TimothyBFan
02-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Frickin' strange---Larry and I had our own vinyl record get together last night, and he played Long Run and Live and I mentioned to him I thought it would be cool to have a survivor game on the board for the albums---AND HERE IT IS!!!! Soda and I are channeling each other or something! :hilarious:

I agree with whoever here said most of HFO was on other albums anyways and tho I love the dvd and the look of the guys, I will also vote for ...

Hell Freezes Over

Mrs Frey
02-17-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm going to be hopelessly outvoted here, but I cannot possibly vote for HFO. The DVD is the reason I fell hopelessly in love with The Eagles (and particularly with Glenn :heart:) on 11 February 2007. And "The Girl From Yesterday" is one of my favourite Eagles songs.

Sorry, no can do.

I cast my vote for "Live".

Stars
02-17-2009, 10:34 AM
I can't go with HFO either. I remember my hubby bringing it home for me when he was working at Borders, and I just marveled at the new songs, and the arrangements of the older ones. I didn't see the DVD til many years later, but I love that so much too...
So I will go with MF's choice and I'll vote for LIVE.

MikeA
02-17-2009, 10:54 AM
"Live"...."HFO"....to me these are both "just" Greatest Hits. Toss up to me. Unless the rules change..."Live" will be my next vote <LOL> Then we get down to serious decisions.

Ticky, We'll "unite" on LROE in the third round <evil grin>

Brooke
02-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm with Stars and Mrs F here. HFO does have some new songs on it and the guys are all so hot in the dvd that it will have to stay for me.

"Live" gets my vote first.

DonFan
02-17-2009, 12:13 PM
I also vote for Hell Freezes Over, although I adore the new version of Hotel California on that one.

Lisa
02-17-2009, 03:52 PM
"Hell Freezes Over"

Glennhoney
02-17-2009, 06:06 PM
..uumm...I guess I will have to go with HFO also...though I do love "Girl from yesterday" and "Hotel California"....oh and also "Get over it":worried:....this is difficult.......but yeah, HFO will have to be it........:-(

Glennsallnighter
02-17-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm going to be hopelessly outvoted here, but I cannot possibly vote for HFO. The DVD is the reason I fell hopelessly in love with The Eagles (and particularly with Glenn :heart:) on 11 February 2007. And "The Girl From Yesterday" is one of my favourite Eagles songs.

Sorry, no can do.

I cast my vote for "Live".

I couldn't see you doing that MF. I too love TGFY in particular! I'll run with 'Live' for this round as well.

Wildthyme
02-17-2009, 06:42 PM
While our boys were dead sexy during the HFO period, in the end, as Mike and others have said, it is basically a greatest hits album with a few new tunes and so my vote goes for Hell Freezes Over this round (sorry Rhonda :()

timfan
02-17-2009, 06:59 PM
As i love both HFO and LROOE I'll have to vote for LIVE to be voted off this first round.

Freypower
02-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Since most if not all of the songs are covered on other albumns I'll go HFO too.

There are four new songs on HFO which are not on the other albums. The question is are they good enough for HFO to be considered a 'real' Eagles album? In my case I think Get Over It is one of the best Eagles songs of all time, while I am very fond of The Girl From Yesterday and Learn To Be Still. I like the acoustic version of Hotel California. However I believe the album as a whole was a missed opportunity (there were a couple of 'second night' outtakes which I think should have been included). For me it was either this or Eagles Live. I felt that more could have been done with HFO, both the album and the video/DVD, although I am not taking the DVD into account here.

eaglesvet
02-17-2009, 10:16 PM
HFO is as real as the next Eagles album.

I cast my vote for Live.

Freypower
02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Perhaps 'real' was the wrong word, but with only four new songs and the rest re-recorded live versions, I personally cannot class it with Eagles, Desperado, On The Border, One Of These Nights, Hotel California, The Long Run and Long Road Out Of Eden.

LWKUA
02-17-2009, 11:02 PM
I vote for Live.

This wasn't an easy decision at all however IMO - and even if I just consider this reason alone - HFO's 4 new songs are so good that I just couldn't vote this album off in good conscience (at least not yet, given its current opposition).

Peekaboo
02-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Like MF, HFO is the reason I got into the Eagles. And LWKUA was actually the first Eagles song I really got into. This is the reason I can't vote for HFO just yet. My vote on this first round goes for Live.

Prettymaid
02-18-2009, 06:56 PM
I cast my vote for Live.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Well - I doesn't appear as if my vote will have any effect on the outcome of this round, so I will vote for the future ...

I cast my vote for the Eagles LP.

02-18-2009, 09:06 PM
The first album to leave the island in Eagles Albums Survivor is Hell Freezes Over. “Hell Freezes Over” you must feel like The Girl From Yesterday, but please leave the island immediately. The remaining albums may return to camp.

Votes
Hell Freezes Over – 12
Live – 9
Long Road Out of Eden – 2
Eagles LP – 1

Vote Breakdown
Hell Freezes Over – SodaScouts
Hell Freezes Over – Freypower
Hell Freezes Over – MikeA
Hell Freezes Over – EagleLady
Hell Freezes Over – GlennLover
Hell Freezes Over – AzEaglesFan
Hell Freezes Over – Koala
Hell Freezes Over – TimothyBFan
Hell Freezes Over – DonFan
Hell Freezes Over – Lisa
Hell Freezes Over – Glennhoney
Hell Freezes Over – Wildthyme
Live – Mrs. Frey
Live – Stars
Live – Brooke
Live – Glennsallnighter
Live – timfan
Live – eaglesvet
Live – LWKUA
Live – Peekaboo
Live – Prettymaid
Long Road Out of Eden – ticky
Long Road Out of Eden – Scarlet Sun
Eagles LP – Ive always been a dreamer

Albums eliminated:
Hell Freezes Over 2/18

Albums remaining:
Eagles LP
Desperado
On the Border
One of These Nights
Hotel California
The Long Run
Live
Long Road Out of Eden

Round 2 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which of the albums in the game does Randy Meisner have the most lead vocals on?

NOTE: You MUST include the song you want to be immune along with your answer for it to be counted.

EagleLady
02-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Eagles LP and I want Long Road Out of Eden Immune

02-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Yes, EL, that is correct.

Long Road Out of Eden is immune.

Voting for Round 2 begins now.

EagleLady
02-18-2009, 09:19 PM
I will vote for Live

Scarlet Sun
02-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Live

sodascouts
02-18-2009, 09:24 PM
I agree - let's get rid of the live stuff first.

I cast my vote for Live.

Freypower
02-18-2009, 09:28 PM
I also cast my vote for Eagles Live.

eaglesvet
02-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Live, also.

GlennLover
02-19-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm going with Live too.

Lisa
02-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Me, too. "Live."

AzEaglesFan
02-19-2009, 02:06 AM
Live

Koala
02-19-2009, 02:48 AM
I select live also!

Mrs Frey
02-19-2009, 06:44 AM
I'm very sad that HFO is gone :cry: :cry: :cry:, but what can I do. :wink: Oh, did I say that "Get Over It" is also one of my favourite Eagles songs? :wink:

I repeat my vote from the first round. "Live" it is.

timfan
02-19-2009, 07:01 AM
I cast my vote for Live

TimothyBFan
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
I debated on whether to vote for Live or HFO last round.

I vote for Live!

Wildthyme
02-19-2009, 04:55 PM
My vote is for Live also...

MikeA
02-19-2009, 05:00 PM
"LIVE"....outta here for me.

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Will this be a clean sweep I wonder? I too will vote off 'Live'.

Peekaboo
02-19-2009, 07:20 PM
My vote goes for Live again.

Stars
02-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I'll vote for Live again too!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
02-20-2009, 10:18 AM
It's not that I don't want Live to go this round, but since it's a shoe-in(out?) I would be wasting a vote.

I vote for Eagles

Brooke
02-20-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm thinking the same here, Pm,

but I'm voting for The Long Run.

ticky
02-20-2009, 03:39 PM
I looked at all the rest of the albums and, although I really hate jumping on band-wagons, Live doesnt have any versions of the same songs that I consider better then the others.. (does that make sense?) AND Considering the conditions under which it was made and released, I gotta go with Live too.

02-20-2009, 04:00 PM
I love the Eagles Live album – it’s one of the ones I listen to the most. However, it is a compilation and I would have voted for it if it had been a clean sweep. But, since the vote is not unanimous, I will cast another strategic vote…

I cast my vote for Eagles.

02-20-2009, 09:05 PM
The next album to leave the island in Eagles Albums Survivor is Live. “Live” I guess life’s not too good anymore. Please take the Seven Bridges Road and leave the island immediately. The remaining albums may return to camp.

Votes
Live – 18
Eagles – 2
The Long Run – 1

Vote Breakdown
Live – EagleLady
Live – Scarlet Sun
Live – SodaScouts
Live – Freypower
Live – eaglesvet
Live – GlennLover
Live – Lisa
Live – AzEaglesFan
Live – Koala
Live – Mrs. Frey
Live – timfan
Live – TimothyBFan
Live – Wildthyme
Live – MikeA
Live – Glennsallnighter
Live – Peekaboo
Live – Stars
Live – ticky
Eagles – Prettymaid
Eagles – Ive always been a dreamer
The Long Run – Brooke

Albums eliminated:
Hell Freezes Over 2/18
Live 2/20

Albums remaining:
Eagles LP
Desperado
On the Border
One of These Nights
Hotel California
The Long Run
Long Road Out of Eden

Round 3 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which is the only Eagles album to contain a co-writing credit by a woman?

NOTE: You MUST include the song you want to be immune along with your answer for it to be counted.

Scarlet Sun
02-20-2009, 09:13 PM
One Of These Nights - debut album immune

02-20-2009, 09:19 PM
That is correct, SS.

Eagles LP is immune.

Voting for Round 3 begins now.

EagleLady
02-20-2009, 09:22 PM
I vote for The Long Run

Scarlet Sun
02-20-2009, 09:24 PM
LROE

Lisa
02-20-2009, 09:30 PM
"Desperado"

sodascouts
02-20-2009, 10:05 PM
I cast my vote for The Long Run.

Too uneven - some terrific songs... and some hard-core suckage. Still love it, of course, but it's the weakest of what's left.

Peekaboo
02-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Although it is my favorite song, I'm gonna go with the Desperado album this round.

AzEaglesFan
02-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Desperado-It's the only Eagles CD I don't own.

Koala
02-21-2009, 03:43 AM
I vote for The Long Run.

Mrs Frey
02-21-2009, 09:40 AM
I'll have to cast my vote for "The Long Run" too. I remember feeling somewhat disappointed after listening to it for the first time, although it contains two of my favourite Eagles songs, i.e. "Heartache Tonight" and the title track.

Soda, your post cracked me up! "Hard-core suckage"! I love it! :lol:

MikeA
02-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Long Road Out Of Eden. Sorry...just not my cup of tea.

If LROE ever gets eliminated, I'll be in BIG TROUBLE from this point on. I know what my favorite one is, but after that, I am going to have a LOT of trouble picking one I like less than any of the others. Each one of their "original" albums coincides with a phase of my adult life and each one Is and Has Been significant to me.

EagleLady
02-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Long Road Out Of Eden. Sorry...just not my cup of tea.

If LROE ever gets eliminated, I'll be in BIG TROUBLE from this point on. I know what my favorite one is, but after that, I am going to have a LOT of trouble picking one I like less than any of the others. Each one of their "original" albums coincides with a phase of my adult life and each one Is and Has Been significant to me.

You got that right! :lol:

Freypower
02-21-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm probably alone here, but I cast my vote for One Of These Nights, which is my least favourite Eagles album.

LWKUA
02-21-2009, 06:19 PM

Prettymaid
02-21-2009, 06:21 PM
I cast my vote for Long Road out of Eden

Glennsallnighter
02-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Desperado!

Stars
02-21-2009, 09:18 PM
I vote for The Long Run!

02-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Wow - this round is going pretty much as I expected. I'm guessing the rest of the rounds will be similar because I think it will be hard to get a lot of conscensus on the order of finish for the remaining albums. They are all such great albums and different ones connect with different people for lots of different reasons. For me, Desperado is one of my favorites, and I would hate to see it eliminated yet. I would also like to see LROOE stay around a little longer.

This will probably be one of those games where we will have to form coalitions to save certain albums. So if you want to save Desperado or LROOE, vote for The Long Run. I love this album, too, but it seems to have the best chance to be eliminated in this round.

So I urge everyone who hasn't voted yet to form a coalition and vote for The Long Run!

And just for the record, as usual, I will withhold my vote until I see if the coalition works.

melrose
02-22-2009, 03:40 AM
As much as I hate to see it go, I cast my vote for The Long Run. A great album, but collectively not our guys' best work.

TimothyBFan
02-22-2009, 11:18 AM

and some hard-core suckage.

Whatever do you mean? :hilarious: Shall I guess which song sucks the most?

Actually Dreamer-no way will I vote for Long Run till I absolutely have to--(consider yourselves all warned!;-)) It's in my top 2! My least fave at this point (and this is so very hard!!!) is Desperado.

Sorry everyone, but I vote for Desperado.

timfan
02-22-2009, 11:40 AM
I cast my vote fro the Long Run

eaglesvet
02-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh, how I wish the debut album wasn't immune....
But, with that being the case, although I hate to do it, I vote for Desperado.

02-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Okay, while I don’t agree with Soda that The Long Run includes some “hard-core suckage”, I do agree that it has a couple of the band’s weakest tracks on it. However, it is still an excellent album, and it’s too bad it has to go. I would have voted for it if necessary, but since it will be eliminated without my vote, I am going to look to the future …

I cast my vote for Long Road Out of Eden.

02-22-2009, 09:06 PM
The next album to leave the island in Eagles Albums Survivor is The Long Run. “The Long Run” I can tell you why you are going to have a heartache tonight. The tribe has spoken and you must please leave the island immediately. The remaining albums may return to camp.

Votes
The Long Run – 8
Desperado – 6
Long Road Out of Eden – 4
One of These Nights – 1

Vote Breakdown
The Long Run – EagleLady
The Long Run – SodaScouts
The Long Run – Koala
The Long Run – Mrs. Frey
The Long Run – LWKUA
The Long Run – Stars
The Long Run – melrose
The Long Run – timfan
Desperado – Lisa
Desperado – Peekaboo
Desperado – AzEaglesFan
Desperado – Glennsallnighter
Desperado – TimothyBFan
Desperado – eaglesvet
Long Road Out of Eden – MikeA
Long Road Out of Eden – Prettymaid
Long Road Out of Eden – Ive always been a dreamer
One of These Nights – Freypower

Albums eliminated:
Hell Freezes Over 2/18
Eagles Live 2/20
The Long Run 2/22

Albums remaining:
Eagles LP
Desperado
On the Border
One of These Nights
Hotel California
Long Road Out of Eden

Round 4 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Of all the Eagles albums that Bernie Leadon appeared on, which one(s) does he have the least number of lead vocals on?

Glennsallnighter
02-22-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure about this but is it 'On the Border'? If so I want LROOE immune!

02-22-2009, 09:11 PM
No, GA. Sorry, but that is not correct.

Glennsallnighter
02-22-2009, 09:13 PM
No Worries Dreamer! It was a long shot anyway!! I'm off to bed!

MikeA
02-22-2009, 09:14 PM
One Of these Nights. If so, I want Hotel California immune.

02-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Sorry Mike, but that is not correct either.

Scarlet Sun
02-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Their Greatest Hits 1971-75 - if so, debut album again

EagleLady
02-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Desperado- Long Road Out of Eden

02-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Scarlett Sun and EagleLady posted at the same time, but Scarlet Sun's answer appears first so that is the one that would normally count. However, neither of these answers are correct either.

I'm sorry that this question is so tricky - I intended it to be a little tricky, but not to the point of stumping everyone. We will give this the two hour limit to see if anyone gets the question correct. If no one has answered by then, we will proceed to the next round with nothing immune. However, I will make sure that the answer to the question is given. In the meantime, for those of you who haven't already given this a shot, go for it!

EagleLady
02-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Grrrr :doh:

melrose
02-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Selected Works: 1972-1999 - Hotel California immune

Scarlet Sun
02-22-2009, 09:57 PM
On The Border AND One Of These Nights - debut album

Freypower
02-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Can a person attempt to answer the immunity question more than once? Because I think Scarlet Sun's second answer is correct, but she gave a different answer previously. There are no guidelines in the rules about this. All it says is that someone has to get it right.

Just in case, the answer is Eagles, On The Border, One Of These Nights with Long Road Out Of Eden to be immune, but I leave it to the judges.

sodascouts
02-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi guys - I'm coming in late on this because I was out tonight, but Dreamer intended that only albums in the competition be counted (and no greatest hits).

You can only answer once.

Freypower
02-22-2009, 10:11 PM
In that case, Soda, please refer to my post on the previous page.

Scarlet Sun
02-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Sorry!:sad:

sodascouts
02-22-2009, 10:12 PM
FP, I was a bit confused by that post. You said Scarlet Sun was right, but you also said your answer was the debut album?

melrose
02-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks Soda. I kinda figured she meant only the albums in the competition, but this one had me stumped. :shrug:

Freypower
02-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Soda, I edited the post. My answer in the edited post is Eagles, On The Border and One of These Nights.

sodascouts
02-22-2009, 10:15 PM
FP - modifying your answer's a bit of a no-no! Regardless, there is not a three-way tie between the debut album, On the Border, and One of These Nights when it comes to the number of lead vocals by Bernie. I'm afraid you're incorrect.

Freypower
02-22-2009, 10:18 PM
But I modified it before you came in and clarified the rules. Oh well. I am completely in the dark about what the answer is, now.

Scarlet Sun
02-22-2009, 10:18 PM
FP, I was a bit confused by that post. You said Scarlet Sun was right, but you also said your answer was the debut album?
I think that was an edit.

If I had read the game directions and the last question more carefully - "album(s)" - I wouldn't have made this mess-up. I think i'll just quit playing now - i'm fighting a hopeless battle anyway!

02-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Sorry!:sad:

No need to apologize Scarlet Sun. Don't worry - we will give the correct answer after the 2 hour time limit is up if no one who has not previously voted has answered correctly.

sodascouts
02-22-2009, 10:22 PM
You effectively saved the debut album once, Scarlet Sun - are you gonna leave it to the wolves now? Stand up for the Early Eagles! Campaign for your album! ;)

Scarlet Sun
02-22-2009, 10:37 PM
You effectively saved the debut album once, Scarlet Sun - are you gonna leave it to the wolves now? Stand up for the Early Eagles! Campaign for your album! ;)
The early Eagles could use a better defender - someone who knows how to follow instructions and read questions more carefully. I think my second answer may have been disqualified even if it was my first - duh!

sodascouts
02-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Aw, don't be so hard on yourself. It's just a game! And lesson learned, right?

The early Eagles need all the defenders they can get. ;)

02-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Okay everyone, first of all I very much apologize for the poorly constructed immunity question. I was, as Soda said, looking for only the albums in competition in this game. In that case, the correct answer would be On the Border and One of These Nights as being tied with one lead vocal apiece. However, when I realized that I had not made that clear, I would have also accepted a correct answer to include all of the albums that Bernie appeared on with the least lead vocals. In that case, the correct answer would have been Greatest Hits I, Greatest Hits II, and the Very Best of the Eagles all tied for no lead vocals. However, neither of these answers was ever proffered by anyone who had not previously voted (sorry Scarlett Sun). Again, sorry if I caused confusion and frustration. I hope this clarifies everything.

That being said, per the rules of the game, we will proceed to the next round with none of the album being immune.

Voting for Round 4 begins now.

EagleLady
02-22-2009, 11:05 PM
I vote for One of These Nights

Freypower
02-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Of course I realised it was OTB & OOTN after I voted.

I will vote again for what is my least favourite Eagles album, One Of These Nights, but I expect I will be alone here.

ticky
02-22-2009, 11:14 PM
LROE

timfan
02-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I cast my vote for One of these Nights.

eaglesvet
02-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Eagles debut album

Scarlet Sun
02-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Aw, don't be so hard on yourself. It's just a game! And lesson learned, right?

The early Eagles need all the defenders they can get. ;)
Ah, i'm not being that serious, just cyber-dramatic! :computer:

LROE

AzEaglesFan
02-23-2009, 01:59 AM
One of These Nights

Koala
02-23-2009, 02:55 AM
One Of These Nights

TimothyBFan
02-23-2009, 09:34 AM
A couple things I need to clear up here!!!

SAVE LROOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Come on guys!!

2nd--What is so wrong with Long Run? I don't get it! Am I the only one that feels that this album deserves a little more respect? I know I am a little bit nostalgic and sentimental with this one but seriously, I don't think it's that bad despite, Greeks, DS and TJ. Would there be enough interest in debating this album if I started a thread about it? I just feel I need to defend it somehow ~~ poor Long Run! :hilarious:

Now that I have that off of my chest, for all the good it will do me...

I vote for Desperado.

Peekaboo
02-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Once again, I vote for Desperado.

MikeA
02-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Long Road Out Of Eden gets my vote.

ticky
02-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Sorry Willie, ... Long Road

02-23-2009, 12:13 PM
A couple things I need to clear up here!!!

SAVE LROOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on guys!!

2nd--What is so wrong with Long Run? I don't get it! Am I the only one that feels that this album deserves a little more respect? I know I am a little bit nostalgic and sentimental with this one but seriously, I don't think it's that bad despite, Greeks, DS and TJ. Would there be enough interest in debating this album if I started a thread about it? I just feel I need to defend it somehow ~~ poor Long Run! :hilarious:

Now that I have that off of my chest, for all the good it will do me...

I vote for Desperado.

TBF - I feel your pain. The problem is that all of these albums deserve respect, IMHO. All of them are excellent albums, and I believe that is why it is so hard to get conscensus among even a small group of fans. I'm betting every round from here on out will be tight. I feel almost exactly the same way about Desperado as you do The Long Run. IMO, 'Eagles' is the weakest of all the remaining albums. I figured it was surely to be voted off this time, but it looks like I may be wrong. I am very surprised to see OOTN getting so many votes as well. As usual, I will wait to see what happens before casting my vote. In any event, if you want to start a new thread, I'm sure some of us will have something to contribute. :wink:

Prettymaid
02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
I vote for Long Road out of Eden

GlennLover
02-23-2009, 03:49 PM
I vote OOTN - I just find that I don't listen to it much, as there are a few tracks on it that I don't care for that much (compared to their other music) i.e. Visions, Journey of the Sorcerer, Too Many Hands. Of course I listen to the songs OOTN, LE & TITTL all the time, but from Greatest Hits or a video & ATTIG from The Very Best Of.

Freypower
02-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I will try and explain why I am not a great fan of OOTN, although I note the new thread. Basically, after the three 'big' songs OOTN tries too hard to have all band members equally represented. The Felder and Leadon songs are weak (although Sorcerer is different, I concde that). Too Many Hands, while a sleeper, is not a masterpiece. That leaves After The Thrill Is Gone, a song which I know many absolutely love. It does hardly anything for me. As for Hollywood Waltz.... compare it with its close relative, Saturday Night. It doesn't measure up, in my opinion, and is over-produced.

sodascouts
02-23-2009, 07:18 PM
This is sure an interesting round!

Sorry Scarlet Sun but...

I cast my vote for Eagles LP.

I just think that they hadn't really come into their own yet, and there are several mediocre songs along with the greats like Take It Easy and Peaceful Easy Feeling.

EagleLady
02-23-2009, 07:36 PM
What about Witchy Woman?

Wildthyme
02-24-2009, 02:14 AM
LROOE

Brooke
02-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Well, I missed the last round, but am glad TLR went. That would have been my vote. Don't feel bad, TBF. Everyone has certain songs that mean more to them than others. (I must agree that Teenage Jail is their worst song-EVER!) There are at least 2 or 3 special songs on each album for me and I don't really know how I'm going to vote another album off. I'm kind of like Mike here. After the debut album, I waited anxiously for each new one and loved each one at the time. I've listened to them all over and over all through the years and the songs just never get old to me. At times, I listen in amazement, wondering how in the world I can still find them so great. They continue to 'touch' me. Not every song, of course, but maybe a different one with every listen. I sit there in awe of these special songwriters and musicians and wonder how they did that. :headscratch:

So, how do I pick the next one? It's nearly to the point of drawing straws. I think, just because it's new and hasn't made the impact on my heart yet, that LROOE will be next.

That's it. I vote for Long Road Out Of Eden.

When I started this post, I had no idea! :brickwall:

melrose
02-24-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm going to have to vote for One of These Nights. It has never been a favorite of mine. I'm with you TBF, save LROOE!

Glennsallnighter
02-24-2009, 06:35 PM
I like OOTN a lot, and more than some of the other albums, but if it saves LROOE, I vote for OOTN! :-(

Lisa
02-24-2009, 08:32 PM
"Eagles"

02-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh wow – this is very hard. As I said earlier, I was in hopes that ‘Eagles” would go this round, but everyone else had other ideas. :wink: All day long I have been trying to decide what to vote for in case my vote would make a difference. I intuitively thought I would vote for LROOE. However, my gut kept saying “NO”. I actually sat down and analyzed it and discovered that even though OOTN has 4 very awesome songs, I actually like a larger percentage of songs on LROOE. So I finally decided to vote for OOTN if my vote would have been needed. However, all of this seems to have been all for naught, so …

I cast my vote for Eagles.

02-24-2009, 09:08 PM
The next album to leave the island in Eagles Albums Survivor is One of These Nights. “One of These Nights” you took it to the limit, but the thrill is now gone. Please leave immediately.The remaining albums may return to camp.

Votes
One of These Nights – 8
Long Road Out of Eden – 6
Eagles – 4
Desperado – 2

Vote Breakdown
One of These Nights– EagleLady
One of These Nights – Freypower
One of These Nights – timfan
One of These Nights – AzEaglesFan
One of These Nights – Koala
One of These Nights – GlennLover
One of These Nights – melrose
One of These Nights – Glennsallnighter
Long Road Out of Eden – Wildthyme
Long Road Out of Eden – Brooke
Eagles – eaglesvet
Eagles – SodaScouts
Eagles – Lisa
Eagles – Ive always been a dreamer
Desperado – TimothyBFan
Desperado – Peekaboo

Albums eliminated:
Hell Freezes Over 2/18
Eagles Live 2/20
The Long Run 2/22
One of These Nights 2/24

Albums remaining:
Eagles LP
Desperado
On the Border
Hotel California
Long Road Out of Eden

Round 5 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

What is the only Eagles album that has a picture of the band on its front cover?

EagleLady
02-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Desperado- Long run out of eden immune!

02-24-2009, 09:11 PM
That is correct, EL.

Voting for Round 5 begins now.

EagleLady
02-24-2009, 09:12 PM
I will vote for Eagles LP

LWKUA
02-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Eagles LP

MikeA
02-24-2009, 09:43 PM
To protect Desperado,

I RELUCTANTLY vote for EAGLES LP

Freypower
02-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Eagles LP. As with OOTN, it has a 'big three' but the remaining songs aren't up to that standard, much as I like Chug All Night and Train Leaves Here This Morning (and Take The Devil if I'm in the right mood).

eaglesvet
02-24-2009, 10:32 PM
I still vote for Eagles debut album.

AzEaglesFan
02-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Eagles LP

Koala
02-25-2009, 03:10 AM
I choose the Eagles LP

Prettymaid
02-25-2009, 08:13 AM
I vote for the Eagles LP

TimothyBFan
02-25-2009, 08:42 AM
First-thank you EL for make LROOE immune!!!!

Wow--looks as if Eagles LP might go with or without my help so I am going to stick with what I have voted for that last couple rounds.

I vote for Desperado.

Glennsallnighter
02-25-2009, 08:56 AM
I coudn't vote off anything that had 'Take It Easy' and 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' on it. So I think I'll vote off 'Desperado' this round.

Peekaboo
02-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Okay, i'm going to do it again...Desperado.

sodascouts
02-25-2009, 12:34 PM
No, not Desperado! The most consistently good Eagles album!

timfan
02-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Ithis is the most difficult round yet!

As I love both the Eagles LP and Desperado I cast my vote for On the Border

Wildthyme
02-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I vote for the Eagles LP this time around...

Stars
02-25-2009, 08:24 PM
I will also vote for Eagles LP. I LOVE Desperado the best of all-can't bear to even think about voting that one off!:nope:

GlennLover
02-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh, what to do, what to do? I was going to go along & vote "Eagles" off but when I read GA's post & thought about it, I can't vote off the album that contains my favourite song of all time-Take It Easy. Not to mention that I love PEF & WW.

As much as it pains me to do this-I cast my vote for Desperado. :-(:-(

Brooke
02-26-2009, 10:05 AM
I can't do it either. TIE is my all time favorite Eagles song, too. And Desperado has 6 songs that I love.

Therefore, my vote goes for On The Border this round. I guess it's just a matter of which songs you love most. :shrug:

sodascouts
02-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Again, I cast my vote for Eagles LP.

melrose
02-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Eagles LP

02-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Eagles will be go down this round without my vote. Therefore, even though it may not really make any difference in the future, I'll vote strategically.

I cast my vote for On the Border.

02-26-2009, 09:03 PM
The next album to leave the island in Eagles Albums Survivor is Eagles. “Eagles” there is no more taking it easy for you. The train leaves here immediately, so please get on board. The remaining albums may return to camp.

Votes
Eagles – 12
Desperado – 4
On the Border – 3

Vote Breakdown
Eagles – EagleLady
Eagles – LWKUA
Eagles – MikeA
Eagles – Freypower
Eagles – eaglesvet
Eagles – AzEaglesFan
Eagles – Koala
Eagles – Prettymaid
Eagles – Wildthyme
Eagles – Stars
Eagles – SodaScouts
Eagles – melrose
Desperado – TimothyBFan
Desperado – Peekaboo
Desperado – GlennLover
On the Border – timfan
On the Border – Brooke
On the Border – Ive always been a dreamer

Albums eliminated:
Hell Freezes Over 2/18
Eagles Live 2/20
The Long Run 2/22
One of These Nights 2/24
Eagles 2/26

Albums remaining:
Desperado
On the Border
Hotel California
Long Road Out of Eden

Round 6 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which albums in this game do not have a title track?

EagleLady
02-26-2009, 09:08 PM
That is a bit confusing Dreamer, seeing as the remaining Albums all have title tracks.

Freypower
02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
The question was 'which albums IN THE GAME' don't have a title track. They are Eagles, Eagles Live and Hell Freezes Over. If this is correct I'd like Long Road Out Of Eden to be immune please.

02-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I am referring to all of the albums that were originally in competition in this game.

EagleLady
02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh Ok, gotcha.

02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
That is correct, FP.

Voting for Round 6 begins now.

EagleLady
02-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I will vote for On The Border

sodascouts
02-26-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm voting for On the Border. It's got great songs, but it's not as overall strong as Desperado.

Freypower
02-26-2009, 09:23 PM
My next vote is for Desperado. Good though it is, admirable concept though it is, I think the following album is stronger overall.

Edit: I've just seen Soda's post, and we said virtually the same thing but about a different album!

02-26-2009, 09:56 PM
I agree with Soda here. Both are excellent albums, but Desperado has a slight edge over On the Border. Personally, from start to finish, I think they are both stronger than Long Road Out of Eden, but that's JMO. Sadly ...

LWKUA
02-26-2009, 10:45 PM
For reasons which I believe are very similar to FP's, I cast my vote for Desperado.

This is a good album with songs that together make up a very listen-able, creative concept album however I consider almost every song on On the Border (as well as on the other 2 remaining albums) as displaying these qualities to a higher degree.

timfan
02-26-2009, 10:50 PM
No question for me this time...

I cast my vote for On the Border

ticky
02-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Eagles LP

Koala
02-27-2009, 02:49 AM
The decision becomes more and more difficult!
I choose On the Border!

AzEaglesFan
02-27-2009, 02:55 AM
Desperado

MikeA
02-27-2009, 09:05 AM
On The Border

Hey Ticky, you need to recast your vote...."Eagles LP" is "Already Gone".

MikeA
02-27-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm sure glad that immunity can't be used in the final round. I managed to get one question answered so far (got it incorrect anyway <LOL>.)

Prettymaid
02-27-2009, 09:16 AM
On The Border

Hey Ticky, you need to recast your vote...."Eagles LP" is "Already Gone".

I don't think Ticky's able to recast her vote even in the case of an error like this. I think it's against the rules.

02-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Yep, PM is right. Sorry, but the rule is that you cannot make any changes once you have posted your vote. And Mike, as far as getting the immunity question wrong, don't worry about it. That was the round where no one got the answer, mostly because I blew the question. :doh:

Stars
02-27-2009, 10:43 AM
I'll vote off "On the Border". I can't bear to vote off Desperado!:nope:

ticky
02-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Yep, PM is right. Sorry, but the rule is that you cannot make any changes once you have posted your vote. And Mike, as far as getting the immunity question wrong, don't worry about it. That was the round where no one got the answer, mostly because I blew the question. :doh:

Sorry, guess I missed a round.

Glennsallnighter
02-27-2009, 08:24 PM
I might as well keep running with Desperado, though at this stage its veru close!

TimothyBFan
02-27-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm going to try this once again. I vote for Desperado.

Lisa
02-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Did you count my last vote? I'm not on your final tally list (it was also for "Eagles").

This round my vote is for "Desperado."

EagleLady
02-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Nooo Not Desperado :sad:

Prettymaid
02-27-2009, 09:46 PM
I cast my vote for Desperado

02-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Did you count my last vote? I'm not on your final tally list (it was also for "Eagles").

Hmmm Lisa, I went back and checked the votes for Round 5 and I don't see any post where you voted in that round.

sodascouts
02-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey guys, don't vote off Desperado yet! Look at these pleading faces!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesdesperadoessmall.jpg

Don't make them ask you the hard way....

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eagles1972desperadoshootout04.jpg

SAVE DESPERADO! VOTE ON THE BORDER!

GlennLover
02-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Don't shoot! I vote On The Border.

02-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Wow - this is a very close round. Very exciting, but also, nerve-wracking! :lol:

I wanted to let everyone know that I may be a little late posting the results of this round tonight. I'm going out to dinner, but will post as soon as I get home. As always, please don't cast a vote for the next round until the results of this round are officially announced. In the meantime, if you haven't already voted in this round, you have until 8:00 p.m. tonight. As I said before, it's a tight round, so every vote counts. :thumbsup:

02-28-2009, 10:00 PM
In a very close round, the next album to leave the island in Eagles Albums Survivor is On the Border. “On the Border” we have given you the best of our love up to now, but this is your good day in hell. Please leave the island immediately. The remaining albums may return to camp.

Votes
On the Border – 8
Desperado – 7

Vote Breakdown
On the Border – EagleLady
On the Border – SodaScouts
On the Border – Ive always been a dreamer
On the Border – timfan
On the Border – Koala
On the Border – MikeA
On the Border – Stars
On the Border – GlennLover
Desperado – Freypower
Desperado – LWKUA
Desperado – AzEaglesFan
Desperado – TimothyBFan
Desperado – Lisa
Desperado – Prettymaid

Albums eliminated:
Hell Freezes Over 2/18
Eagles Live 2/20
The Long Run 2/22
One of These Nights 2/24
Eagles 2/26
On the Border 2/28

Albums remaining:
Desperado
Hotel California
Long Road Out of Eden

Okay, there are no more immunity questions in this game. These albums are now on their own.

Voting for Round 7 begins now.

EagleLady
02-28-2009, 10:11 PM
I vote for Long Road Out of Eden

timfan
02-28-2009, 10:14 PM
I vote for Desperado

melrose
02-28-2009, 11:22 PM
I vote for Desperado

ticky
02-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Long Road out of Eden

Lisa
03-01-2009, 12:14 AM
"Desperado"

AzEaglesFan
03-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Desperado

Koala
03-01-2009, 02:51 AM
I vote for Desperado

Stars
03-01-2009, 03:16 AM
I vote for Long Road out of Eden.

eaglesvet
03-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Wow, can't believe I lost a whole round in there...and I would've voted for Desperado, too, making it a tie...oh, brother! Oh, well, sometimes real life gets in the way of what's important, huh?

My vote in this round is also for Desperado.

MikeA
03-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Gotta vote for Long Road Out Of Eden.

Peekaboo
03-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Desperado. Seems like i've been voting for this album every round, except for the last round. I missed that one.

EagleLady
03-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Why Desperado? :sad:

TimothyBFan
03-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah PB--You and I both!

I vote for Desperado

sodascouts
03-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm in Pittsburgh right now about to go to the opening night of Fleetwood Mac's tour tonight - first row baby! - but I had to sign on quickly to cast a vote while my friends were busy (not sure I'll have a chance tomorrow).

I'm thrilled Desperado made it another round! Let's take it all the way to the top!

Glennsallnighter
03-01-2009, 05:53 PM
You've scored 1st row seats Nancy! Congratulations girl! Way to go.......:thumbsup:. Have a brilliant night.

Now for Business as Usual.

I cast my vote this round for 'Desperado'

Freypower
03-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Desperado.

In terms of overall song quality, in my opinion Long Road Out Of Eden (and On The Border - oh well) are both far superior to the Desperado album. The sheer breadth and depth of LROOE is astounding. I suppose I was easily blown away by it, but I can't get enough of the majority of the songs, and I cannot say that about Desperado, which starts superby but trails off on Side 2.

EagleLady
03-01-2009, 07:40 PM
I have to disagree there. In terms of superiority, I feel Desperado is way superior than On The Border or Long Road out of Eden. In fact, LROOE is the weakest of the two albums IMO

Prettymaid
03-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I cast my vote for Long Road out of Eden

LWKUA
03-01-2009, 09:51 PM
I vote for Desperado.

Brooke
03-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Wow, I've missed a couple rounds, but am ok with how they went. These last three are definitely tough. It's very hard to decide which is better....Desperado or Long Road. :brickwall:

Desperado must go next. That's my vote.

Wildthyme
03-02-2009, 01:33 AM
I vote for LROOE...

Mrs Frey
03-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Oh my goodness. I've missed a couple of rounds, but I'm disappointed that "On The Border" was dismissed in the last round. My vote might have counted there - it was close. Darn it.:sad: It's my second favourite album.

I cast my vote for "Desperado".

Prettymaid
03-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Sounds like On The Border may have lived to see another round if everyone had voted. It was very close!

GlennLover
03-02-2009, 07:43 PM
I have to go with Desperado, but it really is a flip of the coin at this stage.

03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Oh well, sadly it looks as if there is no saving Desperado this time.As I said before, I'm one of those that love LROOE, but I consider it about middle of the road when comparing it to their other albums. Even though it probably won't matter ...

I also wanted to let everyone know that I may be a little late posting the results of this round again tonight. The big snow storm here has left many of us without power (mine was out until about 4:00 p.m. today). I have to go get my aunt to bring her to my house because she still has no power or heat and it is supposed to get down to about 10 F tonight.I'll post as soon as I get home. As always, please don't cast a vote for the next round until the results of this round are officially announced. In the meantime, if you haven't already voted in this round, you have until 8:00 p.m. tonight. As I said before, it's a tight round, so every vote coun

03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
The next album to leave the island in Eagles Albums Survivor is Desperado. “Desperado” you may have escaped elimination on Saturday Night, but now there will be no more tequila sunrises for you. You must please leave the island immediately. The final two albums may return to camp.

Votes
Desperado – 14
Long Road Out of Eden – 8

Vote Breakdown
Desperado – timfan
Desperado – melrose
Desperado – Lisa
Desperado – AzEaglesFan
Desperado – Koala
Desperado – eaglesvet
Desperado – Peekaboo
Desperado – TimothyBFan
Desperado – Freypower
Desperado – LWKUA
Desperado – Brooke
Desperado – Mrs. Frey
Desperado – GlennLover
Long Road Out of Eden – EagleLady
Long Road Out of Eden – Stars
Long Road Out of Eden – SodaScouts
Long Road Out of Eden – Wildthyme
Long Road Out of Eden – Ive always been a dreamer

Albums eliminated:
Hell Freezes Over 2/18
Eagles Live 2/20
The Long Run 2/22
One of These Nights 2/24
Eagles 2/26
On the Border 2/28
Desperado 3/2

Albums remaining:
Hotel California
Long Road Out of Eden

This is our last and final round. As a result, it’s special. We do NOT vote for the album we want to leave. We vote for the one WE WANT TO WIN. That’s the way they do it on the show, so that’s the way we do it here.

Again,
VOTE FOR THE SONG YOU WANT TO WIN.

EagleLady
03-02-2009, 09:54 PM
I vote for Hotel California for the win

Prettymaid
03-02-2009, 10:09 PM
HOTEL CALIFORNIA TO GO ALL THE WAY, BABY!

Freypower
03-02-2009, 10:35 PM
My head says Hotel California and my heart says Long Road Out Of Eden.

I stil regard Hotel California as a masterpiece, with every song being exceptionally strong. However it does have a major flaw. As a Glenn Frey fan it's a bit hard sometimes to hear an album with only one Frey lead vocal, even though that vocal is New Kid In Town. I think a couple of the Henley-dominated songs (i.e. The Last Resort and Wasted Time) have not aged all that well, although I am very fond of both songs.

The reservations I have about LROOE are mainly to do with the use of outside writers and the division into 'Don songs which are about Social Issues' and 'Glenn songs which are either Ballads or Feel Good songs'. I had hoped the two of them would sound rather more united as a songwriting team than they do. They manage to achieve this on the extraordinary title track, a song which I believe to be the equal of anything on the HC album, including HC itself. And we do have the two of them singing together again. I think the personal issues and the legacy they wish to pass on to the next generation in songs like Centre Of The Universe, You Are Not Alone and Its Your World Now may ultimately be more of a legacy than the damning critique of American culture they offer in HC. The other problem I have with the album is the lack of information about which musicians play on which songs.

I will vote for Hotel California to win, but to me it speaks volumes for LROOE that it is already coming close to being my favourite Eagles album.

GlennLover
03-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Very well said FP. I echo your sentiments. I vote Hotel California to win.

MikeA
03-02-2009, 10:55 PM
There was never a hesitation nor doubt in MY mind as to which album is the greatest of all times...by anyone. I think the closest to it might be the Beatles "Sgt Pepper" or maybe Led Zep IV (Zoso)....but day in and day out, it has to be Eagles for me.

My vote is for:

HOTEL CALIFORNIA

ticky
03-02-2009, 11:26 PM
HC! Or Hotel California (bear with me, its one of the few acronyms I actually know!)

Wildthyme
03-03-2009, 01:04 AM
My vote goes to Hotel California for the win...

AzEaglesFan
03-03-2009, 02:29 AM
Hotel California to win

Koala
03-03-2009, 03:15 AM
This is a heavy decision I like both albums very much.
OK, I vote for Hotel California!

Mrs Frey
03-03-2009, 06:13 AM
I know I'm in the minority here (:rofl:), but I cast my vote for LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN.
It's the Eagles album I've listened to the most. I think I only listened to the "Greatest Hits" Volume 1 more often.

TimothyBFan
03-03-2009, 08:25 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these albums and I, like almost everyone here, thinks that HC is a masterpiece and definitely a major part of rock n roll history. BUT it is not my favorite. Up untill 2007 it was my 2nd favorite Eagles album and then everything shifted. I have to vote with my heart here as I have all the way thru this game. I know it doesn't stand a snowballs chance but I still love it more than any of the other albums. It might strictly be for sentimental reasons at this point. Tho there is no disputing some of the masterpieces on this album, rather written by an Eagle or not, as said before by me, it's almost always about who sings it that makes me take notice of a song, and the songs on this album are wonderfully sung and standouts to me.

Therefore, I cast my vote for the win to LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN.

Brooke
03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
I really love lots of the songs on Long Road Out Of Eden, but I don't think they will ever take over the tender spot in my heart that some of the songs on Hotel California holds. There's too many memories that go along with that album for me. Plus, I first saw them live on the HC tour, which was one of those defining 'moments' for me, even though they were so far away they resembled ants! I was actually in the same room as them! :rolleyes:

Therefore, :band:

I cast my vote for Hotel California for the win. It's a masterpiece!

Lisa
03-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Hotel California for the win.

timfan
03-03-2009, 06:43 PM
LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN for the WIN!!!!!

Peekaboo
03-03-2009, 08:25 PM
As much as I LOVE LROOE, I've gotta vote for Hotel California for the win. It's a classic, pure classic.

LWKUA
03-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Long Road Out of Eden for the win!!

Stars
03-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Long Road Out of Eden for the win! As much as I love Hotel California, I love hearing Glenn sing so many more songs on LROOE, and I first saw them on the LROOE tour, so that's it for me!:nod:

eaglesvet
03-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Oh good, I have been absent so much lately from the Border, I was afraid I was a day too late for the finale. I cast my vote for LROOE for the win! There are just so many great songs on it, and with that album coming out at the time in my life when it did, those songs just strike a chord in me that really hits home. :rockguitar:

EagleLady
03-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Looks like it's going to be very close, but IMO LROOE has come a long way and it so richly deserves to win if it happens to.

MikeA
03-04-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't know. I've admitted before that LROE doesn't "do it" for me, but I'm just one Fan out of millions.

What I do believe is that there is nothing on LROE that is monumental enough at this stage of the careers of Eagles that would catapult it into a position as being a "Standard" to which all other Eagles (and other artists works for that matter) will be judged. "Hotel California" HAS already demonstrated "Survival" characteristics. Goodness, It's been a best seller now for 30+ years and made millions for each of the Eagles! It didn't do that on "marketing genius."

Only time will tell if LROE has that kind of Immortal status. It just hasn't had that "time" yet nor did it achieved with any one track on the recording that which most of the tracks on HC achieved. Certainly nothing on LROE compares to the title track of HC.

But, in THIS "contest" the purpose is to indicate what members of The Border consider the best Survivor out of the Eagles catalog. From that standpoint, the results will certainly be interesting!

Prettymaid
03-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Ditto Mike!

Brooke
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
I most certainly agree with everything you said there Mike.

There are several songs off of LROOE that I really love and think that Waiting In The Weeds and LROOE could possibly be some of their best writing. And really, if they are never released as singles like the songs on HC, how can they achieve the 'glory' that the songs on HC did? The casual fans that happened to buy the album will like them, but that's as far as it will go if they don't get the public airplay. To me, a masterpiece has to have worldwide success and appeal.

That's another reason HOTEL CALIFORNIA should win this game. Time made it what it is.

Freypower
03-04-2009, 06:09 PM
There you are, Mike, you see. I think the title track of LROOE is comparable with the title track of HC. I know that is a large claim but there you go. I think Waiting In The Weeds comes very close to being a 'transcendent, standard' song.

Glennsallnighter
03-04-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm with FP on the 'Head and the Heart' thing! There are many arguments for either album to win. On the Head thing I would go for Hotel California, for the reason that it contains probably one of the biggest hits the band ever had. If I say to people that I like the Eagles, one of the usual responses is 'Didn't they sing 'Hotel California?'' Even people who DON'T know the Eagles as a band know HC as a song. Also in enduring over 30 years, the album itself is indeed a classic and a great, and it often features in 100 all time top albums etc......
BUT, Glenn :heart: only takes one lead, ie NKIT To the objective reviewer, that wouldn't matter a whole lot, but to me it does.....

Now the heart (and what do I do with it here) tells me to go for LROOE! It may be newer, its songs may not be as universally well known as those on HC, but it is every bit as fine an album. The songs on it are as relevant today as those on HC were in the late 70s. AND Glenn :heart: takes lead vocals on far more songs than he does on HC.

So......if I had to pick one of them to accompany me on a long trip in the car.......?
I'd probably pick for LROOE, so for that reason, I vote for

LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN
for the win.

I'm sure too that in time it will become every bit as much of a classic as HC

sodascouts
03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Well, they're both strong albums, but in the end I gotta go with the one that has the historical, iconic aspect.

Hotel California for the win!

melrose
03-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Hotel California is, by far, one of my favorite Eagles albums. However, LROOE is taking advantage of its every opportunity to wiggle its way in. I think everyday I grow more and more fond of it. Like some of you have said, this is a Heart vs. Head situation, but I think I'm going to have to go with heart in this scenario. Hotel California has already earned its place as an amazing album, and I believe, with time, that LROOE will be considered just as great.

I am voting for Long Road Out of Eden for the win.

03-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I was very interested in the “head vs. heart” discussion here. I remember Soda and I were discussing this Survivor game a few weeks ago before we actually started it. At first we said that it was a sure thing that Hotel California would win the game. But then we talked about the fact that a lot of the members here may feel a closer connection to Long Road Out of Eden, and for that reason it could possibly pull off an upset win. I have already said several times throughout the game that I think LROOE stands up well against the band’s other albums, and I personally love it pretty much from start to finish. BUT ,,, I am one of those that usually votes my head instead of my heart in these games. And my head tells me that as good as LROOE is, it will probably never be considered as great of an album as HC even as time passes. There are only a few other albums ever that have achieved the same degree of relevance. As one of us that was “there” in the 70’s, I witnessed the universal impact of Hotel California on social culture. Because of the elite status that the album has sustained for more than 3 decades …

I cast my vote for Hotel California for the win.

03-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Okay – the tribe has spoken and the results of the Eagles Albums Survivor are in. “Long Road Out of Eden” was waiting in the weeds, but in the end, with 14 votes, the victim of our love is …

Hotel California.

Votes
Hotel California – 14
Long Road Out of Eden – 8

Vote Breakdown
Hotel California – EagleLady
Hotel California – Prettymaid
Hotel California – Freypower
Hotel California – GlennLover
Hotel California – MikeA
Hotel California – ticky
Hotel California – Wildthyme
Hotel California – AzEaglesFan
Hotel California – Koala
Hotel California – Brooke
Hotel California – Lisa
Hotel California – Peekaboo
Hotel California – SodaScouts
Hotel California – Ive always been a dreamer
Long Road Out of Eden – Mrs. Frey
Long Road Out of Eden – TimothyBFan
Long Road Out of Eden – timfan
Long Road Out of Eden – LWKUA
Long Road Out of Eden – Stars
Long Road Out of Eden – eaglesvet
Long Road Out of Eden – Glennsallnighter
Long Road Out of Eden – melrose

Albums eliminated:
Hell Freezes Over 2/18
Eagles Live 2/20
The Long Run 2/22
One of These Nights 2/24
Eagles 2/26
On the Border 2/28
Desperado 3/02
Long Road Out of Eden 3/04

Congrats, Hotel California!

To celebrate, here is a “Hotel California 6-pack” of live audio and video:

Wasted Time – Houston 1976

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/live/WastedTimeHouston76.mpg

New Kid In Town – Pittsburgh 1994

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/NewKidinTownPittsburgh94.mpg

Pretty Maids All In a Row – Christchurch 1995

http://www.joewalshonline.com/multimedia/live/PrettyMaidsChristchurch95.mpg

Life In the Fast Lane – Gothenburg, Sweden 1977

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/LITFLGothenburg77.mp3

Hotel California – Chicago 1979

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/HotelCaliforniaChicago79.mp3

Victim of Love – East Rutherford 1994

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/VOLEastRutherford94.mp3

Thanks to everyone who played and hope you enjoyed the game!

EagleLady
03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
:yay: way to go Hotel California :partytime:

MikeA
03-04-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm afraid that I didn't see it the way you and Soda saw it ILBAD. I really thought there would be more "loyalty" votes for LROE simply because it is the Eagles latest, and probably last, recording.

To that end, I really am surprised that "Hotel California" maintained its Survival skills against a formidable opponent.

But you have to look at it from the Eagles point of view:

It was a WIN-WIN situation!

Man, I STILL have flashes when I hear "Hotel California".

Koala
03-05-2009, 03:14 AM
I hear currently the winner album!:rockguitar: HOTEL CALIFORNIA!
Afterwards I hear the second winner LROOE!

I had a lot of Fun with the Game,
even if some decisions were completely heavy, especially the final decision!

eaglesvet
03-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Mike is right, this is a Win-Win situation! The Border is a special subset of the music-loving community...in this case, we all know all the songs on both the final 2 albums. But in listening to Dreamer's monologue, as well as those of others such as FP and GA, I was reminded of a point I had made to Mike some time ago. It actually concerns the more general music-listening public nowadays; and may explain why LROOE may never achieve the iconic historic status that HC did. It's simply that the young people I know don't buy albums when they download music! They download the latest singles from this artist and that artist, little realizing what hidden gems are lying elsewhere on those albums because they never get radio airplay. To me, nothing beats buying a favorite artist's CD for a few songs that I know I like, and then playing it to death for the 'unknown' songs that I discover I like even better! In the case of LROOE, where only a couple of songs actually got radio airplay around here, my first real listen to that CD uncovered a WITW that actually brought me to tears, a Spanish-flavored It's Your World Now by Glenn that really caught my ear, and an I Love to Watch a Woman Dance that sent me dreaming away. The new casual Eagles fan today might never download those from this album, instead sticking to BBF or How Long, simply due to familiarity. That being the case, it would be very difficult for this album today to achieve the kind of recognition and popularity that HC did 'back in the day.' Just some thoughts. Love them both!

MikeA
03-05-2009, 08:04 AM
I was reminded of a point I had made to Mike some time ago.

That is an interesting thought you picked up on EV. I can't relate to it myself. I've never "grown" into the download market place when it comes to music. I just can't imagine an artist that I like coming out with a new recording (not just a group of songs) and me NOT buying the entire kit and kaboodle.

I have downloaded from Amazon.Com a couple of songs that were about a thousand years old without buying the entire album, but that was a special situation...a birthday and we were putting together a group of songs that the honnoree wanted and couldn't find them anywhere else.

But day to day, there is too much serendipity involved in albums just as EaglesVet implied.

TimothyBFan
03-05-2009, 08:33 AM
:applause: Hotel California!!

EV- I knew when I got on here this morning that I would find that HC had won this game, and you are all right in saying it is really a win/win situation (actually that could be said of any of the albums). I had every intention of saying almost the exact thing you said. I'm not trying to create excuses here, BUT-let's face it-times have changed and the record buying public is basically no longer! I really feel that most of the people that bought the cd or album (or both like some :-?-umm not mentioning any names! LOL) were already Eagles fans and just happy to see anything new. That's not to say that there haven't been new fans that just found them due to this album but I think the majority who actually bought it already knew and liked them anyways. Some might have even bought it out of curiosity to see if they could still do it. At the very affordable price of $11.88, it was accessible to almost anyone who would want it. People just don't buy albums/cds much anymore. Much easier to set down at the computer and get it instantaneously.

That being said --I would of been happy seeing any of these albums win--but would of been OVERJOYED had it been LROOE! :lol:

Prettymaid
03-05-2009, 09:13 AM
The last few posts have made me extremely nostalgic! Oh, to go back to the time when you bought a new album, were so excited that you couldn't even wait until you got home - you would tear the plastic off in the car and look at everything, while the smell of the cardboard wafted up to your nose...
Then you would get home and immediatley play it as you scanned the lyrics to every song, reading who contributed what to what song...

:| :sad: :ack::cry::weep:

TimothyBFan
03-05-2009, 09:24 AM
The last few posts have made me extremely nostalgic! Oh, to go back to the time when you bought a new album, were so excited that you couldn't even wait until you got home - you would tear the plastic off in the car and look at everything, while the smell of the cardboard wafted up to your nose...
Then you would get home and immediatley play it as you scanned the lyrics to every song, reading who contributed what to what song...

:| :sad: :ack::cry::weep:

:weep::weep: Thanks PM for depressing me!!! I know EXACTLY what you mean! That's why I still do it every chance I get with old albums-only thing is, sometimes instead of the "smell of the cardboard", I get the smell of mustiness! :-? but still love the HUGE pictures and liner notes!!

I need to start a campaign~~

BRING BACK VINYL!!!!

Sidenote: We saw the weather forecast here for the weekend and Larry made the comment that we might have to pull out the patio speakers and hook up Saturday night! Spring is close and Vinyl on the Patio again!!! :yay::yay:

Prettymaid
03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
We're just like our parents were - trying to tell us of things that were better the way they were, instead of improving technoligically. We didn't pay any attention to them, and kids aren't going to pay any attention to us! :headshake:

sodascouts
03-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Well, to make you guys feel better, at least the sound quality has improved. Digital downloads are about as close to the studio masters as you're gonna get, provided they're high quality.

03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
First of all ...

Congratulations to Hotel California!

It is a well-deserved win. However, as I have said before, for me there is no BAD Eagles album. Everyone of them is enjoyable in its own way. But, IMHO, I think the iconic status that Hotel California has achieved over the years sets it a little bit apart from the others.

As far as the nostalgia discussion - y'all are depressing me too, now. :lol: But, I really do remember the importance of the album covers back 'in the day'. As you all have said, I remember spending hours back then going over the covers inch-by-inch because it was mostly all we had. We didn't even have MTV back then, much less the Internet. Aside from the album covers, the only exposure Eagles fans got were rare magazine or radio interviews. TV appearances were almost non-existent. Of course, there were the live shows, but I was too poor to come up with $10 or $15 to buy a ticket.

Now talking about depressed - OMG - I'm old! :depressed:

EagleLady
03-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Aww Dreamer you are not old :)

TimothyBFan
03-05-2009, 02:47 PM
I say bring on the next Survivor game because this one is bringing me down talking about all the "old" stuff!! :rofl: I'm sympathizing with everyone here--The Good Ol' Days!-I'm feeling a wee bit old myself right now!

Prettymaid
03-05-2009, 04:09 PM
But look at all the things we got to experience growing up 'in the day'. We may feel old but we're very lucky!