PDA

View Full Version : The Illegal Eagles

Stars
02-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Has anyone ever heard of a band called the Illegal Eagles? My hubby told me about them tonight. Apparently, they are a band from Britain who do Eagles covers. Hubby actually told me that if they are playing in Scotland when we go over and I see our guys, he would like to see the Illegal Eagles! (but not our guys!:nope:) Go figure!:hilarious:

EagleLady
02-18-2009, 08:07 PM
I wonder why they are named Illegal Eagles :hilarious:

sodascouts
02-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Some of the Borderers have had good experiences seeing cover bands. I'd like to see one, too!

As for your husband preferring them... he probably just prefers the ticket price. ;)

eaglesvet
02-18-2009, 10:01 PM
That's too funny that he'd want to see the Illegal version rather than the real deal! My guess is that he's just curious to see how close they can get to the true Eagles sound. That, and the fact that the price per ticket will be a whole lot more reasonable!

Stars
02-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Soda and Ev, you are absolutely right! Hubby said it only costs the equivalent of $30 to see the Illegal Eagles, and that's for the "good" seats!:laugh:

Troubadour
02-19-2009, 04:16 PM
I've never seen an Eagles tribute band, although I did note one online that was called Spread Eagle. It probably tickled me more than it should have done...

MikeA
02-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I've heard of these guys. Rockphiles I believe. Reports that I recall were very favorable. I'd go see them If I had the chance.

pueblo47
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm way late on this thread, but tribute bands evidently have been around for ages. Just finished a book called Like A Rolling Stone: The Strange Life Of A Tribute Band by Steven Kurutz. He followed a band for a year called Sticky Fingers named from a song from the Rolling Stones. It's a fascinating read.

I've heard of the Illegal Eagles, that they are as close to the real thing as they can get and put on good shows. If anyone over there gets a chance to see them, it's highly recommended. If they ever come to Nashville, I'm going.

pueblo47
02-18-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm a happy camper, snooping on Google, I found a Nashville-based Eagles tribute band called 7 Bridges Road. And they will be appearing in Hendersonville, TN March 12 so I just got two tickets for it. Can't afford the real guys so will settle for their music and I listened to their singing on their website and it's really good. Can't beat it, for $12 each, we get dinner and entertainment. I'm looking forward to it.

Prettymaid
02-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Be sure to report back and let us know how they were.

I thought we had a thread for tribute bands... it's here.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1261&highlight=tribute+bands

pueblo47
02-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Ok, I found it, thanks, there's so many threads and I'm kind of brain-dead in here:-(. Can we get someone to move my posts to the right thread please?