PDA

View Full Version : Quotable Schmit

timfan
02-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Now that I've got my own computer functioning again, I'm working on a new section for TBSO called "Quotable Schmit". If anyone has any Tim quotes they feel should be included please post them ( If possible please indicate where the quote originates from ie. F1 DVD and also the year) Thanks for the help! :smile:

sodascouts
02-22-2009, 02:37 PM
"On stage, your mind wanders to incredible places." - Farewell 1 DVD 2005

timfan
02-24-2009, 10:49 AM
That's a great one. :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
02-24-2009, 12:13 PM
From the 100.3 radio interview with Marc Hudson in July 2007.

"I'm shy until you get to know me, and then I am the party after that."

sodascouts
02-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Ooh, I love that one! Hadn't heard it before!

timfan
02-24-2009, 08:44 PM
and it certainly describes Timothy to a T! :nahnah:

melrose
02-25-2009, 07:52 PM
"But my music is all I live for - I have no hobbies." - Classic Rock Magazine 2001

LWKUA
02-26-2009, 11:40 PM
That's a great one too, and I've been thinking about how his passion for music might apply to both the music he creates, and to his reactions to others' music that he enjoys listening to (as well as the 'reasons' or stories behind his music preferences). How I'd love to hear more on this!

Here's one I love: "I'm still blown away that they used that much of my voice, as I wasn't part of the band." - Guitarist, "Eagle Eyes", 2001, in response to the question "That's you singing on Toto's I Won't Hold You Back, isn't it?"

I love this one because I consider it to be a great supporting example of how modest a person Timothy is and because it brings back great memories of my reaction to first hearing this song on the radio when it first started receiving airplay...even though I was very young I clearly remember the first time I heard him singing on this song and thinking 'wow - how beautiful!!'.

TimothyBFan
03-03-2009, 12:32 PM
I just found these again.

In an interview/article from May 2001 called Wing and A Prayer, he talked about the harder times when there wasn't much work:
"I took almost everything that came around. I mean, I sang for Twisted Sister and Poison."

And I love this one from the same interview. He is one artist that appreciates what rock n roll has done for him:
"There are so many people who have these dreams, who get together with their friends in the garage and borrow instruments. And they have these dreams of vast fame and wealth and big audiences cheering for you. It doesn't happen to many people. I'm really one of the fortunate ones, and it still blows me away."

This one is from 2003, an interview with a teacher at Hembree Springs Elementary School, along the same line as above, his feelings of how fortunate he is:

"I am one of the most fortunate people I know. I count my blessings. My life is really good. To be middle-aged, and to still be doing it at this level, and to have people really enjoying it…. .It just couldn't be any better."

Prettymaid
03-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Aw, those are great, TBF. Timothy really appreciates his position in life and realizes that he is very fortunate!

LWKUA
03-03-2009, 09:02 PM
TBF - Great quotes!!

I so admire Timothy's wonderful perspective on his life and good fortune.:heart:

timfan
03-03-2009, 09:17 PM
All these quotes are great! :grin:

Timothy does seem really grateful for all he has. I think alot of that comes from his "humble days" prior to HFO when things were a little tight for him.

anne-o-gg
04-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I think one of the funniest things from F1 was TBS talking about the dreaded "circle of Fear"...

:grouphug:

"the circle of fear is a *chuckle* it's, it's nothing...it's kidding around and sitting around and honing your vocal parts"...."it's just a stupid nickname, it sounds like a glenn nickname...'the circle of fear'..it's *chuckle* its not the circle of fear"

luvthelighthouse
04-20-2009, 09:27 PM
I think one of the funniest things from F1 was TBS talking about the dreaded "circle of Fear"...

:grouphug:

"the circle of fear is a *chuckle* it's, it's nothing...it's kidding around and sitting around and honing your vocal parts"...."it's just a stupid nickname, it sounds like a glenn nickname...'the circle of fear'..it's *chuckle* its not the circle of fear"

I couldn't agree more! I actually LOL when I heard that for the first time. Obviously he has no fear... :hilarious:

anne-o-gg
04-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I couldn't agree more! I actually LOL when I heard that for the first time. Obviously he has no fear... :hilarious:

Oh, me too! Yeah, that comment made me giggle out loud...

TimothyBFan
05-14-2009, 09:50 AM
From the Hot Press interview 2009... "I get recognized just enough to feed my ego and not enough to be a big hassle."