PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Musical?

Koala
02-23-2009, 05:12 AM
I already!
I saw Tarzan yesterday. :partytime:
before it I already saw 2times The phantom of the opera and
ever 1time Mamma Mia,The beautiful and the beast, Dance of the Vampire and The Lion King.

DonFan
02-23-2009, 06:42 PM
I love musicals! I go to every musical that tours here. I have seen Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon, Beauty & the Beast, Lion King, Sound of Music, Oklahoma, Carousel, and Little Shop of Horrors just to name a few, and I have seen Hairspray twice, one in New York and once in my hometown. My entire family has tickets to see Wicked in April, and I can't wait!

Freypower
02-23-2009, 07:27 PM
I am old. I go back to the Lerner-Loewe and Rodgers-Hammerstein stuff. My favourites are My Fair Lady and West Side Story. The newer big budget and particularly Lloyd Webber musicals are not my cup of tea. However I am currently reading Les Miserables, which makes me think I should check out the musical version. I always resisited it as much as I could because I hadn't read the book.

The ones I have seen are My Fair Lady twice (including once in London)
Cats (a long time ago)
A Chorus Line ( a VERY long time ago)
Into The Woods
The Boy From Oz
Mamma Mia
Carmen Jones (London)
Ain't Misbehavin' (New York, with Patti Austin)

sodascouts
02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
When I was younger, I watched musicals all the time. I loved Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Robin Hood, and all those Disney musicals.

I also loved Gene Kelly and all of his musicals - especially Singing in the Rain.

But my favorite of all is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Such a fun musical!

(ETA: I initially typed Seven BRIDGES for Seven Brothers. lol!)

Troubadour
02-23-2009, 07:45 PM
I could have written Soda's post. (Note: I READ Seven Bridges, even though I know and love the movie. I definitely spend way too much time here!)

I worked front of house at the Queen musical, We Will Rock you, while I was at uni in London, so I had my fill of the big, West End musical thing. It drove me a little crazy after a while, hearing the same thing night after night, but it was also a lot of fun and I met lots of great people.

I saw Guys & Dolls in London, which was pretty good. I do love Phantom, and I'll always have a soft spot for The Sound Of Music. I watched it religiously as a child.

sodascouts
02-23-2009, 11:55 PM
I forgot to mention - when I was visiting London in 2006, I saw Evita in the West End. Magnificent!

Peekaboo
02-24-2009, 12:35 AM

That's too funny :hilarious:. That's exactly how I read it. lol

Koala
02-24-2009, 02:41 AM
My entire family has tickets to see Wicked in April, and I can't wait!

I would like to see Wicked also still absolute. That should be very good!

TimothyBFan
02-24-2009, 08:35 AM

Too funny because I actually read it as "seven BRIDGES..." when I first read it. :rofl:

Koala
02-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Yesterday I watched a show, Best of Musicals, I got the tickets from my sister for Christmas, It were shown excerpts from various musicals, as for example,Tarzan, WEST SIDE STORY, Chicago, Buddy the Buddy Holly musical, The Lion King, WICKED, Sunset Boulevard, We Will Rock You and a lot of other.I knew some musicals already, however, e.g., Sunset Boulevard was new for me. It was really good! We also had very good seats, 2 row exactly in the middle of the stage! These seats I would have at the Eagles concert.

bernie's bender
02-13-2010, 11:36 PM

Bless your beautiful HIDE!

Howard Keel!

oh well, those sobbin' women will just have to wait out the weather...

signed,

your lonesome polecat

Julie Newmar is pretty amazing in the film version... I directed that play a couple of times in my life...

Outlawman13
02-25-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm not really one for musicals, but I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee Sweeny Todd (the new one with Johnny Depp). OHHH man. And Tarzan. Phil Collins singing all the way through it, ohhh just good ear candy. MMMM.