PDA

View Full Version : Today in Eagles History

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

EaglesFanatic
10-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the link :rofl: that is actually really funny! Troub, I too couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculous mental reactions haha.
PS: Soda I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your avatar. I don't know why, but the picture just seems so bright and emotional! Great choice :thumbsup:

MikeA
10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm crackin' up over that! An Arkey Sues Henley!

I'd imagine she was a lot more upset about Don asking that no flash photos be taken....probably right after she snapped one off <LOL> But, it sure sounds like Don was "just trying to give her momento" of the concert! He couldn't help it if she was a lousy catcher.

Brooke
10-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Too funny! I'd forgotten about it, too! Can you imagine Don actually doing that?! :hilarious:

sodascouts
12-21-2010, 12:31 AM
I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but it's such a big deal I thought I'd note it in here as well!

Joe Walsh joined the Eagles 35 years ago today, and this band has never been the same since! Here's to Mr. Joe Walsh!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:yay: :yay:

MikeA
12-21-2010, 10:35 AM
I know this has been mentioned elsewhere but it's such a big deal I thought I'd note it in here as well!

Joe Walsh joined the Eagles 35 years ago today, and this band has never been the same since! Here's to Mr. Joe Walsh!

That IS a rather significant event in the history of the Eagles isn't it! Here's to Clown Prince of Rock! May his guitar forever wail!

TimothyBFan
01-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Huge day in Eagle history with the induction into the HOF!! Who here can forget seeing that? I was mesmerized by the sight of ALL the Eagles up there on that stage together! And they all looked so handsome. Granted it should have happened sooner, but I was one happy camper watching it the evening they aired it on MTV.

GettheLeadonOut!!
01-12-2011, 09:56 PM

This is the saddest of days for me because Bernie Leadon officially quit 35 years ago today and sadly, the band has never been the same since.

:-(

pueblo47
01-12-2011, 10:26 PM
This is the saddest of days for me because Bernie Leadon officially quit 35 years ago today and sadly, the band has never been the same since.

:-(Today, huh? Didn't he actually leave in October or something like that and it wasn't announced till Dec or I guess today, when it was announced that Joe was officially joining the band? I never can remember exact dates(but I'm old and senile and that's the best excuse I can use):hilarious:

sodascouts
01-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I thought his departure was announced with Joe's joining on January 1.

GettheLeadonOut!!
01-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Let's just say that the announcement was bittersweet.

(although at the time, the announcement of Joe joining was met with a universal "huh??")

Freypower
01-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Let's just say that the announcement was bittersweet.

(although at the time, the announcement of Joe joining was met with a universal "huh??")

I did respond 'huh'? but in a positive way, because I was intrigued that such a combination was to take place. It was that announcement that made me start following the progress of the band. I'm sorry that I didn't see it quite the way you did, GTLO.

MikeA
01-13-2011, 06:37 PM
I was a big Walsh fan before he joined the Eagles in '76. I was somewhat less a fan of the Eagles. And my reaction to the announcement was rather incredulous to say the least. I just couldn't see Joe playing the type music that the Eagles were known for up until that point and certainly had a hard time believing that he could be or would want to be anything other than the Frontman in any group.

Obviously, I was not as informed back then as I am today. I didn't know of Joe's problems nor of his desire to take a "back seat". It didn't take long to prove any concerns I might have had as being completely unfounded!

That collaboration just may be one of the most successful things that has happened as far as personnel changes in Rock Music. The only one I can think of that even comes close is the union of Neil Young with Crosby, Stills and Nash.

And it was indeed bittersweet considering that Bernie Leadon was leaving the band.

GettheLeadonOut!!
01-13-2011, 08:11 PM
I am a huge, HUGE fan of Joe (How is it possible not to love the guy). The Eagles were so lucky to get him, truly gave them a second wind. My only complaint is that he has not contributed more to the Eagles song canon, nearly all of the songs of his that they play were recorded outside of the Eagles.

sodascouts
01-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Very true. Joe has a grand total of 5 songs that he sings lead on for the Eagles (I'm not counting solo material performed on live albums), and 7 songwriting credits. He seems fine with it, though, and hasn't sought any creative outlet outside of the Eagles since the resumption, unlike Tim...

....until now, when we have an upcoming new Joe solo album on the way! WOOT!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Well yesterday, today, and tomorrow (January 29, 30, & 31) marks the days that the band won all of its American Music Awards. Over the course of 19 years, the band won 4 AMAs. Since all of the awards were won over three days, I thought I'd go ahead and post them all at one time ...

1977 (January 31) - Their Greatest Hits 1971 -1975 won for Favorite Pop/Rock Album.

1981 (January 30) - Eagles won for Favorite Pop/Rock Band, Duo, or Group

1996 (January 29) - Eagles won the AMA for Favorite Pop/Rock Adult Contemporary Group and Hell Freezes Over won for Favorite Pop/Rock Album.

GlennLover
01-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks, Dreamer!

Brooke
01-31-2011, 10:53 AM
1981 (January 30) - Eagles won for Favorite Pop/Rock Band, Duo, or Group

Kinda ironic that they won this one and the band had already broken up!

01-31-2011, 10:58 AM
I agree, Brooke. I wonder if they would have won if the public had actually known that the band was broken up at the time. My gut says they still would have won.

Brooke
01-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I agree! They were just too good anyway!

ETA: Much to Rolling Stones chagrin! lol

02-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Okay - if January is the American Music Awards month, then February is, of course, Grammy month.

To kick it off - it was two years ago today when the Eagles won their only grammy for a musical composition ... the beautiful I Dreamed There Was No War took home the prize for Best Pop Instrumental performance.

Congratulations Eagles!!!

Prettymaid
02-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Congrats! I love IDTWNW.

Brooke
02-09-2011, 10:31 AM
:cool: Thanks for the reminder dreamer! I think it's lovely, too.

Freypower
02-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Thoroughly deserved; of course a couple of lucky Borderers even saw it performed. The mind boggles.

sodascouts
02-09-2011, 07:26 PM
It was magnificent.

02-11-2011, 12:44 AM
It sure was. I have to say those two nights in Niagara Falls was the singlemost awesome concert experiences of my entire life. Out of the stratosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now continuing with Grammy month, today is 3rd anniversary of date that How Long won the award for Best Country Performance by a Group with Vocals.

GlennLover
02-11-2011, 12:55 AM
It sure was. I have to say those two nights in Niagara Falls was the singlemost awesome concert experiences of my entire life. Out of the stratosphere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing a Glenn solo concert would be the ultimate experience for me :jealous: !!!

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2011, 06:15 AM
Oh so would I! Its been my dream for so long now.

Prettymaid
02-11-2011, 08:18 AM
For those of you who haven't read the Niagra Falls reviews, read here to see why it was such a special show for the Borderers who got to go.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372

Concerning How Long....:thumbsup::yay::rockon::rockguitar::band: :applause::yay::partytime::grooving:

Annabel
02-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Wow, 'holy frickin' crap !!!! that was so cool for the 3 of you. :partytime: Thanks for bringing that forward PM, I certinly hadn't see it. :thumbsup:

Freypower
02-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Seeing a Glenn solo concert would be the ultimate experience for me :jealous: !!!

That is the understatement of all time.

Nice avatar GL.

GlennLover
02-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks, FP. :)

candy
02-11-2011, 10:02 PM
For those of you who haven't read the Niagra Falls reviews, read here to see why it was such a special show for the Borderers who got to go.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372

WOW!

sodascouts
02-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Ah yes, those were the days!

02-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Well - you won't get any argument from me there, Soda. Those sure were the days. :wink: :nod:

Now - sorry that I am 2 days late in posting this, but it is certainly worthy of recognition since we are celebrating Grammy month. On February 18, 1978, the band won for two amazing songs. It is the only year that they won multiple Grammy awards. Congratulations to Hotel California and New Kid In Town!!!

02-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Well, Grammy month is winding down and we only have a couple more mentions to make ...

Today is the 31st anniversary of Heartache Tonight winning its award for Best Rock Vocal Performance By A Duo Or Group.

What an awesome song, and so deserving of that award - Congratulations Heartache Tonight!!!

GlennLover
02-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Congratulations to Heatache Tonight! It's one of my all time favorite songs! :band:

Prettymaid
02-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Absolutely worthy! :bow: (I love this smiley!)

Brooke
02-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Congrats again to Heartache Tonight! Love it, love it, love it! :cheers:

02-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Well, as we wrap up Grammy month, we have one last award to celebrate. It was 35 years ago today that Lyin' Eyes won a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Performance By A Duo, Group Or Chorus. Again, a very deserving award IMHO - I love the sophisticated layering of the vocals in this song. Congratulations Lyin' Eyes!!!

I have mentioned this before but here's a bit of cool trivia. As far as I know, the Eagles are the only group that has won a Grammy in the pop, rock, and country genres, in addition to, the instrumental category.

Prettymaid
03-01-2011, 11:27 AM
I did not know that Dreamer!

Congrats to Lyin' Eyes!

EaglesKiwi
03-05-2011, 06:00 AM
I have mentioned this before but here's a bit of cool trivia. As far as I know, the Eagles are the only group that has won a Grammy in the pop, rock, and country genres, in addition to, the instrumental category.

VERY cool. Just goes to show the breadth of their talent :bow:

Judy
06-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Happy 36th anniversary OOTN.

I never know what it's going to look like when I come in here. I love it!!!

sodascouts
06-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Thanks Judy! The Border will be wearing this outfit all week. ;)

Annabel
06-10-2011, 03:51 AM
:yay: and damn good it looks too. :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Well its great to see that Nancy has marked the Farewell 1 gig in Lansdowne road on this night 2006. Yep! This time 5 years ago I was enjoying my first Eagles Concert to the full. Well Lansdowne Road has been remodelled and is now officially the 'Aviva Stadium'. But most of us still refer to it as Landsowne. And the memories of that night remain forever.

Glenn :heart: Frey, :iloveyou:

luvthelighthouse
06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
I can only imagine that 39 years ago today, when the Eagles LP was released, that they were floating on air... and never even gave thought to the fact they they could be doing this 39 years later and still being as popular, with one of the best selling albums of all time under their belts.

I wonder if they even remember that today was the day it was released... they have such full lives now, I can see it not coming into thought...

sodascouts
06-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't know, but I bet if they ever do take a moment to think about it, their minds are blown, too!

Prettymaid
06-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Hopefully their minds are blown every day.

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2011, 08:22 AM
I guess it's a tough job keeping track with everything that happened today in Eagles history!

But lets not forget that in the worst Summer in living memory here, 2009 it stopped raining long enough for the Eagles to perform in the RDS Dublin. On this day. 2 years ago:thumbsup:

07-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I guess it's a tough job keeping track with everything that happened today in Eagles history!

But lets not forget that in the worst Summer in living memory here, 2009 it stopped raining long enough for the Eagles to perform in the RDS Dublin. On this day. 2 years ago:thumbsup:

So GA - were there any witnesses to this event? :lol:

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Yep! Laura and StephUK! Also documented in concert reviews!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1802

sodascouts
07-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I didn't forget - you just didn't spot it before it cycled through! Here's the entry:

http://thisdayineagleshistory.blogspot.com/2011/07/2009-eagles-play-rds-arena-in-dublin.html

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Awwwwww. My fault entirely! I didn't actually realise you could cycle through the options! Mea culpa!

sodascouts
07-12-2011, 12:15 AM
40 years ago, on July 12, 1971, the four original Eagles played together for the first time. They weren't the "Eagles" yet; they were backing Linda Ronstadt at Disneyland. Of course, they went on from there to form their own band and the rest is history! I changed my banner and avatar to mark the occasion!

WalshFan88
07-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Happy 40th Anniversary to the Eagles!!!!!

My favorite band of all time and one that I consider to have saved my life. If it wasn't for the Eagles and Joe Walsh, I wouldn't be here I'm afraid. The Hotel California album has brought me through the worst of times and lifted my spirits, inspired me to play guitar, motivated me to continue improving on guitar, and has given me many hours of listening pleasure and enjoyment. I can't thank them enough and I only can hope I can tell them that someday. I might have a preference for a certain Eagles era (Hotel California) but I respect and admire all eras and lineups in the history of this band. It's always been a great band and always will be. I will always be a diehard Eagles fan.

TimothyBFan
07-12-2011, 07:02 AM
This just makes me want to cry from happiness!!!!!

Troubadour
07-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Brooke
07-12-2011, 12:24 PM
HAPPY 40TH ANNIVERSARY EAGLES!

I've loved you from the beginning! Your music has been the soundtrack to my life all these years! Thanks so much for all of it! :grouphug:

All you Eagles-:iloveyou: Don't ever stop!

Freypower
07-12-2011, 06:39 PM
According to Marc Shapiro's The Long Run, they didn't decide to form their own band until August 1971.

sodascouts
07-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Well, there's different stories as to how things went down. According to Ronstadt's manager John Boylan, the reason that those four were playing together at Disneyland was to see if they gelled enough to form a band.

You see, although Randy and Bernie had backed up Linda in the past, they weren't in her backing band at the same time as Glenn and Don. When Boylan heard that Glenn and Don were talking about starting a band, he told them about Bernie and Randy and approached them about doing the Disneyland gig in order to see if it worked out between the four of them. All four men played that gig understanding that, if things clicked, there was the potential for a new band there.

To commemorate the first time Glenn, Don, Bernie, and Randy played together, here's some treats:

Glenn and Don backing Linda Ronstadt in 1971
(from Before They Were Rock Stars)
(http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/1971club.mpg)Download .mpg (4 megs) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/1971club.mpg)
Download .wmv (1 meg) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/1971club.wmv)

Linda Ronstadt - Rescue Me (Live 1971) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/LindaRonstadtRescueMe.mp3) - you can hear Glenn singing backup; he goes back and forth with Linda at the end
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/LindaRonstadtRescueMe.mp3

Linda actually let Glenn sing lead on this one, even though it was during her set and he was part of the backing band:
"(Get Up) Kate" (Troubadour 1971) (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/GetUpKateTroubadour71.mp3)
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/GetUpKateTroubadour71.mp3

And even though this was years later, it gives you the vibe of what it was like that evening at Disneyland (just pretend Felder isn't there):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flLoj5qxURw

07-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Well I'm a day late on this but I wanted to acknowledge this momentous event. While it may be true that this probably isn't the official date that the band was formed, it was definitely the start.

When I went to the Eagles show in D.C. a few years back, Glenn said that after he and Don joined Linda's band, they practiced a few weeks. and their first shows were in D.C. at a club called the Cellar Door. It was after a show one night sitting at the bar drinking tequila that he and Don definitely decided they wanted to form their own band. At least, that was his recollection on that night. :grin:

07-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Well, as I opened this thread to make this post, I couldn't help but notice the irony that our lasts posts here were about the very beginning of the band because today marks the 31st anniversary of what was thought would be the band's last concert. This was the night of the infamous Long Night at Wrong Beach concert and one of the saddest moments in Eagles history. Thankfully, it didn't turn out to be the band's last show, albeit it did spark a 14-year vacation. You can hear the concert here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/multimediafeaturedshow.htm), but, remember, the sound drops out between songs because the sound guys didn't want the audience hear the insults being tossed around by the band members every time a song ended.

On a lighter note, this was also the day that Eagles Online Radio was launched in 2009.

tequila girl
07-31-2011, 12:48 PM
sorry Dreamer, I read your post wrong....so deleted my comment! :brickwall:

10-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Wow - This thread has been quiet for a while.

Just wanted to mention that today is the 8th anniversary of the release of The Very Best of the Eagles compilation CD. IMO, if there is anyone that still needs an introduction to the band's music, this is the best bang for your buck available. The booklet insert alone is worth the price of the CD to me. This was the very first CD I bought to play in the CD player of my brand new car that I bought that year and was shortly after I saw the band live for the very first time so it holds a special place in my heart.

For those that aren't familiar with it, here the back cover which includes the playlist:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/VBback.jpg

TimothyBFan
10-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Noticed my daughter had disc 1 in the cd player of the car the other day. Ask her if she listens to it much. Told me it's been her companion back and forth to work for several weeks now!! That's my girl!!! :thumbsup:

Windeagle
11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I had to smile when I saw this was the anniversary of the release of Eagles Live. Hotel California might have been the album that hooked me, but Eagles Live was the one that reeled me in. I listened to it endlessly during my last two years of high school, and recorded it onto a cassette to take with me to college.

Because of this album, there are many Eagles songs that I can no longer listen to recorded (Wasted Time, Take it Easy, Hotel California to name a few). They MUST be live. I think I have every guitar solo, harmony, drum beat and piano note ingrained into my soul. Great memories!

At the time the album came out, I had no idea that my favorite band had broken up months before. When the official word was released in 1982, I was crushed. I'm so glad it turned out not to be permanent.

sodascouts
11-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks for telling your story, WE! It is hard to imagine that by the time this was released, the band was already kaput - the world just didn't know it yet! And if they hadn't reunited and gotten back into the public eye (and ear), I would probably not even know who they are today.

EaglesFanatic
12-20-2011, 10:34 AM
I noticed that today in Eagles history, Joe Walsh joined the band! :yay: It's a wonder what the Eagles would be like today had he not been asked to join.

12-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Yep EF - I agree ... it's a pretty important day in Eagles history. I guess we'll never know what the band would be like today if Joe hadn't joined, but I think it's safe to say that they'd be different, especially in terms of their live shows!

So, I say CONGRATULATIONS to the Eagles and Joe. Despite the reservations of many fans at the time it happened, I think it turned out to be a match made in heaven!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Brooke
12-20-2011, 03:37 PM
An historic day for sure! :yay: for Joe!

rcknalwys
12-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Joe was a fantastic addition and I always enjoy his onstage antics. His abilities seem underated by many but I personally think he is right up there with the best of the best in the guitar world.

Freypower
01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I have just noticed a correction which needs to be made in Today In Eagles History. They played in Sydney today (my time) in 1976. The venue's name is the Hordern Pavilion. I saw Elton John there in 1982. The venue still exists but it isn't used nearly as often as it used to be beceause it's very old. Having said that CSN are playing there in April (no, I am not going).

http://www.playbillvenues.com/events/index

http://thisdayineagleshistory.blogspot.com/2012/01/1975-eagles-play-hoernan-pavilion-in.html

sodascouts
01-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the correction. I'll fix it right away.

01-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Just wanted to recognize that today is another special day in Eagles history. Sixteen years ago today, in 1996, the band won two American Music Awards for Favorite Pop/Rock Adult Contemporary Band and for Favorite Pop/Rock Album - Hell Freezes Over.

Congratulations Eagles!!!

Topkat
01-30-2012, 10:29 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
LOVE HELL FREEZES OVER, Wow has it really been 16 years! Time flies

whitcap
02-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 went platinum on this day in 1976 only one week after its release. In addition to being one of the best selling albums of all time it was also the first album to be certified platinum.

GlennLover
02-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 went platinum on this day in 1976 only one week after its release. In addition to being one of the best selling albums of all time it was also the first album to be certified platinum.

Those are quite the accomplishments indeed! :band::rockguitar: :applause::applause::applause:

sodascouts
02-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Yeah, our guys are something else!

zeldabjr
06-03-2012, 07:29 PM
I see today is a very special day in Eagles history...the day Don Henley arrived in LA from Texas...imagine if that had never happened...wow

Freypower
06-03-2012, 08:18 PM
This is the thread we use for these events:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421

sodascouts
06-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I'll move it... but yes, it's absolutely momentous!

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2012, 07:30 AM
I LOVE today's entry! Coz for me that was really where it all started. Glenn :heart: Frey. :iloveyou:

zeldabjr
06-11-2012, 02:18 PM
I LOVE today's entry! Coz for me that was really where it all started. Glenn :heart: Frey. :iloveyou:

Yeah, don't you just love remembering when it all started...aaahhh...

BramwenR
06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
I have just noticed a correction which needs to be made in Today In Eagles History. They played in Sydney today (my time) in 1976. The venue's name is the Hordern Pavilion. I saw Elton John there in 1982. The venue still exists but it isn't used nearly as often as it used to be beceause it's very old. Having said that CSN are playing there in April (no, I am not going).

http://www.playbillvenues.com/events/index

http://thisdayineagleshistory.blogspot.com/2012/01/1975-eagles-play-hoernan-pavilion-in.html

I saw many big names there, Ray Stevens, Anne Murray, Olivia Newton-John, Sherbet (Aussie band) and in those days it was the "in" venue for national and international acts. I'd thought it was defunct until a few months ago when I saw that acts were still being signed up there. In 1976 I vaguely remember the Eagles were coming but had only arrived in Australia the year before and wasn't really up on all the international acts. Crosby, Stills and Nash are gonna be there?? Will they need Timothy this time?? (just joshing ;) )

BramwenR
06-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Am I behind the 8 ball here, I didn't see the date on this post..confusing sometimes, I really need to watch the post dates!! lol

Freypower
06-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Am I behind the 8 ball here, I didn't see the date on this post..confusing sometimes, I really need to watch the post dates!! lol

If you are referring to my post it was on January 23 this year.

As for the Hordern I saw Elton John & Faith No More there. I never saw Sherbet there because I was living in Newcastle all the times I saw them. When I eventually saw them in Sydney their status had fallen somewhat.

BramwenR
06-13-2012, 04:26 PM
If you are referring to my post it was on January 23 this year.

As for the Hordern I saw Elton John & Faith No More there. I never saw Sherbet there because I was living in Newcastle all the times I saw them. When I eventually saw them in Sydney their status had fallen somewhat.

Okay, I will get used to the dates on here, when things are quoted it's easy to miss.

Well they would have been good shows, I saw Sherbet there in 1977, the live album recording..it was an awesome show!! So you must have seen them some time after that. I admit they did slide after they returned from the States. Why their name was changed to Highway though is beyond me, I wonder what would have happened differently, if anything, had they kept their original name?? Kind of like starting afresh and that didn't seem fair. Daryl Braithwaite still sounds fantastic these days by the way!

Freypower
06-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Okay, I will get used to the dates on here, when things are quoted it's easy to miss.

Well they would have been good shows, I saw Sherbet there in 1977, the live album recording..it was an awesome show!! So you must have seen them some time after that. I admit they did slide after they returned from the States. Why their name was changed to Highway though is beyond me, I wonder what would have happened differently, if anything, had they kept their original name?? Kind of like starting afresh and that didn't seem fair. Daryl Braithwaite still sounds fantastic these days by the way!

I don't want to get too far off topic but I saw them at the New Year's Eve Opera House concert at the end of 1978. That was the first time I saw them in Sydney & after that it was at places like the old Tivoli nightclub in George St. All the times I saw them before that were at the Civic Theatre in Newcastle although I once saw them at the Belmont 16 Foot Sailing Club; this was definitely once their 'appeal had become more selective'.

zeldabjr
06-14-2012, 12:36 PM
just noticed that Farewell I was released on this date...and I happen to be watching it right now!!!!Love it...

GlennLover
06-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Good excuse to watch it tonight. Lately I have been wanting to watch it again & just haven't gotten around to doing that. Not that I haven't seen it countless times already! LOL!

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm sure you can quote bits of it by now Ann!

GlennLover
06-14-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm sure you can quote bits of it by now Ann!

You're right about that! Quite a few bits, but I'll force myself to watch it again in honor of it's anniversary! ;) :spin:

06-14-2012, 01:20 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FAREWELL I!!!

Wow! It seems almost impossible that it's been 7 years since this DVD was released. It's been a while since I listened to it, but I always think of my Mom whenever it is mentioned. At one period during her struggle with Alzheimer's, one of the few things that would keep her content would be to let her watch this. I can still see her laying on my sofa with a peaceful easy feeling tapping her feet and singing along. (BTW - PEF was her favorite Eagles song.) It worked so well that my sister went out and bought a copy so she could do the same thing when Mom was at her house. Funny how we think of these things when listening to Eagles music. I may try to watch it again in the next few days.

Anyway, for some of the newbies here, here are some links to a couple of old threads that you may want to read or comment in to celebrate the occasion:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Thats a lovely story Dreamer and I'm so glad your dear Mom found comfort from PEF!
I think I too will watch it over the weekend!

GlennLover
06-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes, that's a lovely story, Dreamer! I'm glad that the Eagles could give her (and you) some comfort at that difficult time.

TimothyBFan
06-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Love that, Dreamer. Again, proof that music can be so comforting.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-15-2012, 09:11 AM
According to our calendar, back in 2000, today's the day Glenn and Don were inducted into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame. A true honor and well deserved. And on a purely selfish note, having Glenn in the SwHOF meant he was invited to speak at NYU last fall and I was able to go see that.

zeldabjr
06-15-2012, 09:28 AM
According to our calendar, back in 2000, today's the day Glenn and Don were inducted into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame. A true honor and well deserved. And on a purely selfish note, having Glenn in the SwHOF meant he was invited to speak at NYU last fall and I was able to go see that.

yeah and that had to have been awesome to be at...you're sooo lucky!!!

06-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the kind words about my Mom, everyone.

And I, too, want to acknowledge that yesterday was the 12th anniversary of Don's and Glenn's induction into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame - a well deserved honor indeed. I guess that was pretty much a no-brainer for the induction committee. :-)

And VA, as you know, I soooooo regret that I was not able to join you, Soda, and Henley Honey for that NYU lecture - still haven't gotten over that! :sad:

zeldabjr
07-31-2012, 08:01 PM
wow today is a bad...and sad day in Eagles history...thank God hell froze over

Troubadour
07-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Amen to that!

GlennLover
07-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Just think of all that we would have missed if hell hadn't frozen over! All that music, performances, interviews & THE BORDER!!!!!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
07-31-2012, 08:31 PM
I to am glad that "Hell Froze over".

They are just to awsome a band to not have continued their music together.

07-31-2012, 09:01 PM
Yep - the long night at Wrong Beach was one of the saddest days in Eagles history. Hard to believe the band has been together twice as long since hell froze over as they were the first time around. So it seems like everything turned out okay after all. :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
07-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Can you imagine the tension on the stage that night...Yikes...

TimothyBFan
08-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Some radio station (I can't remember which one, I have several I follow) on FB yesterday had the whole story EXCEPT they had it as Glenn & Don HENLEY. :brickwall: I was sure to tell them it was Don FELDER. Seriously, get your freaking facts straight! :-x

Tiffanny Twisted
08-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Yep - the long night at Wrong Beach was one of the saddest days in Eagles history. Hard to believe the band has been together twice as long since hell froze over as they were the first time around. So it seems like everything turned out okay after all. :thumbsup:
Maybe being apart and doing other intrests, helped them to be better individuals to bring back to the "marriage" of the band.

Thank god they were smart enough to realize what they have/had and still make music together.

I know some other bands who cant stand each other and do their own thing seperately. They come back together to do cocerts together at christmas time but havent done any new music as a band since.Thats ashame.(I mean how do you do seperate sound checks for a concert you are doing together????)

Anyway, back to our boys.
They are great as a band and individually. I think its great that Joe paid homeage to Glenn for helping him on his new solo album I read about in an article on another post here.

Just great music and I am glad it has endoured for 40 years.

LOVE THIS BAND!!!!:band:

Topkat
08-02-2012, 03:53 PM
On this day in 1975, the title cut from this album, One Of These Nights, reached #1.

CONGRATULATIONS ONE OF THESE NIGHTS :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
On this day in 1975, the title cut from this album, One Of These Nights, reached #1.

Definitely one of my favorite songs...

also TK...love your new sig!!

GlennLover
08-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Definitely one of my favorite songs...

also TK...love your new sig!!

Glenn's too! :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
08-02-2012, 06:25 PM

great song happy anniversary:birthday:

Topkat
08-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks Zelda!I needed a change!

zeldabjr
09-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I like today's history tidbit...How cool would that be to sit and listen to Mr. Henley give a speech ( oh wait we got that didn't we?)....no really how lucky to be in that audience...wonder what he talked about?..hmmmm?

Tiffanny Twisted
09-29-2012, 01:01 PM
zelda--:rofl::grin: lol

sodascouts
09-29-2012, 01:52 PM
One of our members, Peekaboo, had the good fortune to attend this lecture! You can read more here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1137).

Here are some photos of it (Jess took the first three):

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyJessUNT01.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyJessUNT02.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyJessUNT03.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyUNT01.jpg

zeldabjr
09-29-2012, 09:18 PM
WOW...what a lucky girl...and she got her pic with him and and an autograph (and some Don DNA)....and I love her Eagles tattoo!...I figured he would be talking either about Walden Woods or Caddo Lake...he really is a great man...I'm very jealous of her...

made me think about tattoos...would I ever get an Eagles tattoo and what would it be if I did?....hmmm?:idea:

09-29-2012, 09:28 PM
I love those pictures and would have also loved to have been at that lecture. :jealous:

zeldabjr
09-30-2012, 01:52 AM
I like today's history item too....The Eagles in Hawaii for a concert....if that ever happens again I think we should have the first ever Border convention there...and we all go to Hawaii for a week...or two....sounds good to me!:hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-30-2012, 10:10 AM
well Zelda, If it was big I think you would get a face of beautiful Timothy on your self..if you wanted to go small , I see you with a script of TBS ' initials inside a heart on the inside of your wrist so you could look at it all day and smile.

What do you think???did I nail it????:band:

sodascouts
09-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Oh gosh, I can't even imagine having someone's FACE tattooed onto me! To each his/her own, though.

If I ever get a tattoo (which I highly doubt I will), I'd make it one that I can easily hide. It would be like my little secret, on my lower back or something, so I wouldn't have to keep explaining it to people.

zeldabjr
10-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Oh gosh, I can't even imagine having someone's FACE tattooed onto me! To each his/her own, though.

If I ever get a tattoo (which I highly doubt I will), I'd make it one that I can easily hide. It would be like my little secret, on my lower back or something, so I wouldn't have to keep explaining it to people.

yeah I got tired and aggravated enough this summer just trying to explain whose concert I was going to because no one ever knew him by name...I can't imagine having to constantly explain whose picture is on my arm..lol

zeldabjr
10-04-2012, 05:57 PM
wow...nothing in Eagles history today?...don't know if I've ever seen this happen before...

sodascouts
10-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Out of 365 days in the year, only 23 days don't have some kind of Eagles event to commemorate. You never know what could happen in the future, though! After all, December 30 has been a "free day" but after this year, it'll have the Eagles' 2012 Las Vegas concert listed and the number will drop to 22. ;)

The list of "Free Days" - if you're curious - is here (http://thisdayineagleshistory.blogspot.com/search/label/Free%20Day).

Most of them are in December and January, around the holidays.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-05-2012, 06:34 AM
coolsoda thanks..intresting

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Out of 365 days in the year, only 23 days don't have some kind of Eagles event to commemorate. You never know what could happen in the future, though! After all, December 30 has been a "free day" but after this year, it'll have the Eagles' 2012 Las Vegas concert listed and the number will drop to 22. ;)

The list of "Free Days" - if you're curious - is here (http://thisdayineagleshistory.blogspot.com/search/label/Free%20Day).

Most of them are in December and January, around the holidays.

Well I guess they are all at the stage of life where they don't HAVE to work during holiday time if they would rather spend their time with their families. I guess too its a time that while they are not actively playing they are starting to plan for the following year as regards tours, releases, and solo performances.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-05-2012, 09:36 PM
we can only hope that they are doing some planning for next year although I think holiday time for us means the same for them...family as it should be

zeldabjr
10-09-2012, 01:34 AM
okay someone has to explain today's history tidbit to me!..lol

10-09-2012, 10:53 AM
See here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3293).

zeldabjr
10-09-2012, 11:35 AM
that is hilarious!....can you imagine?...being paid to "attack" sweet Timothy B?...what a way to make a buck!!!:hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-09-2012, 07:04 PM
that is hilarious!....can you imagine?...being paid to "attack" sweet Timothy B?...what a way to make a buck!!!:hilarious:

I agree:hilarious:

zeldabjr
10-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I love today's history tidbit...the start of something beautiful!:heart:

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/DSC00478.jpg?t=1350261232

zeldabjr
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I love today's date in Eagles history...the start of Farewell I being taped...since I'm so hooked on it...makes me very happy!

Freypower
11-14-2012, 04:42 PM
I love today's date in Eagles history...the start of Farewell I being taped...since I'm so hooked on it...makes me very happy!

I was at that show on November 14.

GlennLover
11-14-2012, 11:16 PM
I was at that show on November 14.

I'm :jealous:! That must have been wonderful!!!

zeldabjr
11-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Today in Eagles history they played in Honolulu...now what's better than that...the Eagles and Hawaii!!!

zeldabjr
12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
another one of those freaky days where nothing's happened....wow!

zeldabjr
12-06-2012, 06:00 AM
today is a special day in Eagles history...who knows what would have happened (or not happened) if they hadn't done that Travis Tritt video?!

Tiffanny Twisted
12-06-2012, 07:33 AM
I so love this video...(joe could have dressed better lol) but Glenn is so hot and so is TBS...they look so happy

god bless travis tritt:thumbsup:

Topkat
12-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Today is the Anniversary of the release of HOTEL CALIFORNIA; 36 years ago :partytime:
One of rocks greatest albums

zeldabjr
12-20-2012, 10:33 AM
WOW...today is a special day in Eagles history!....Joe joined the group on this day in 1975!...best thing that ever happened to them..well...maybe second only to hell freezing over...but what would that have been without Joe?...can you imagine the Eagles without Joe?...I can't! :rockon:

Brooke
12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Back in the day, I was shocked that Joe had joined the Eagles and wondered how in the world that would work! :headscratch:

Well, I'd say it worked very well! :lol: Now I can't imagine them without him! He had a huge impact! You go, Joe! :yay:

sodascouts
12-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Yes, definitely a momentous day! I wonder if he remembers that it was 37 years ago this day that his life changed forever?

TimothyBFan
12-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Back in the day, I was shocked that Joe had joined the Eagles and wondered how in the world that would work! :headscratch:

I totally agree with you. I remember thinking the same thing. Shocking at the time.

Freypower
12-20-2012, 05:11 PM
I wasn't so much shocked as intrigued, and when they toured here soon after that was what got me interested, especially as Joe took a pouding from the rock media here.

Lyn&Tim
01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
:partytime:
I totally agree with you. I remember thinking the same thing. Shocking at the time.

Wow and look at them now. That 14 yr holiday was good for everyone,
We get to enjoy them all over again with new eyes!!
And how fantastic is that? We couldn't have hoped for anything better?

sodascouts
01-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Today is the 15th Anniversary of the Eagles' well-deserved induction into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame. What an honor!

(Note: the below speech is edited down; you can find the whole thing on my "Fun Stuff" Video Page (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/multimediafunstuffvideo.htm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Bka8wbKwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKpay8gumw0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW1WHi60aq0

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesRRHOF.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
01-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Soda!

zeldabjr
01-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Sweet Timothy's speech that night really sealed the deal as to the kind of man he is...totally gracious in his paying tribute to Randy...I totally fell in love with him that night...:blush:

01-12-2013, 05:24 PM
OMG - I just posted this in the Eagles forum as well. But I guess it doesn't hurt to have it in two places.

Congratulations Eagles on the 15th anniversary of your R&R HOF induction!

TimothyBFan
01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
What more can I add other than LOVE IT!!!! I have little respect for the HOF but they finally got this one right!!!

Grey Sadler
01-12-2013, 11:26 PM
I wish I had seen this the night it happened...*sigh*...
I'm just glad everyone was able to pull it all together for one evening...
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/eaglesRRHOF.jpg
Selfishly...I wish Tim & Felder had traded places for the picture :lol:

zeldabjr
01-12-2013, 11:34 PM
ok GS...I have to ask why you wish Timothy and Don F had changed places?:headscratch:

Grey Sadler
01-12-2013, 11:38 PM
ok GS...I have to ask why you wish Timothy and Don F had changed places?:headscratch:

My OCD is kicking in...and they would all look like they were standing in height order? :nahnah:

sodascouts
01-13-2013, 12:38 AM
Or maybe you just want your two fave guys standing next to each other so you can crop out everybody else. ;)

zeldabjr
01-13-2013, 12:48 AM
My OCD is kicking in...and they would all look like they were standing in height order? :nahnah:

omg I never would have noticed that!

Grey Sadler
01-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Or maybe you just want your two fave guys standing next to each other so you can crop out everybody else. ;)

But...my two boys are standing together!! ;)

I still have to giggle at Bernie thanking everyone for his being indicted :hilarious:

sodascouts
01-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Can you be photo dyslexic? If so, that's what I'm claiming! I really have no explanation for such an egregious brain fart.

zeldabjr
02-04-2013, 08:09 PM
I have to say Happy Anniversary to my all time favorite Eagles song!:heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmcLVI2JKqc

Topkat
02-04-2013, 08:26 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to "I CAN"T TELL YOU WHY" Released on this day in 1980

GlennLover
02-05-2013, 01:45 PM
One of my all time favourites too!

Brooke
02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I can't tell you why, but I love that song!

Sorry!
:rolleyes:

TimothyBFan
02-06-2013, 08:19 AM
I can't tell you why, but I love that song!

Sorry!
:rolleyes:

Couldn't help yourself, could ya? :hilarious:

Brooke
02-06-2013, 10:54 AM
:hilarious:

Troubadour
02-09-2013, 07:11 PM

LOL! I'm just catching up now but this made me laugh.

Topkat
02-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Congratulations to HOTEL CALIFORNIA & NEW KID IN TOWN for winning Grammy's 35 years ago today!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYf4kqnAWos&list=PLB683491D9C18EB8A&index=33r [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

zeldabjr
05-12-2013, 01:06 AM
I think today is a special day in Eagles history...Timothy, Don and Glenn singing together for the first time since the break up...big stuff...

also today is the one year anniversary of the guys becoming Doctors!!!

cricrichan
05-12-2013, 02:05 AM
I think today is a special day in Eagles history...Timothy, Don and Glenn singing together for the first time since the break up...big stuff...

also today is the one year anniversary of the guys becoming Doctors!!!

So two reasons to celebrate our guys today! It's a very special day for them :heart:

Outlawman13
05-12-2013, 11:01 AM
I just love our boys and getting them back together is a major thing to celebrate for sure. I can't imagine my life without the Eagles.

05-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Yep - pretty special day for the guys. Congrats to Dr. Frey, Dr. Henley, Dr. Schmit, and Dr. Walsh.

Tiffanny Twisted
05-12-2013, 12:05 PM
congradtulations to the doctors

Brooke
05-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Very cool for them! :rockon:

zeldabjr
05-20-2013, 05:31 AM
Happy Anniversary Don and Sharon...Do we know any other Eagle anniversaries?

Houston Debutante
05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
She is so lucky!!

sodascouts
05-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Happy Anniversary Don and Sharon...Do we know any other Eagle anniversaries?

I know Joe's was in December of 2011 and Glenn's was in August of 1990 but I can't remember exact dates. I don't know the dates of the other guys - they're probably out there somewhere but I haven't come across them.

GlennLover
05-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Seems to me that Joe's was Dec 12, but I'm not positive.

ETA: Wikapedia lists the date as Dec 13.

ETA again: According to Joe Walsh Online Blogspot, it was confirmed by a reliable source that the date was Dec 12, so Dec 12 it is!

sad-cafe
05-27-2013, 09:22 PM
She is so lucky!!
yes she is

zeldabjr
06-03-2013, 02:07 AM
love this day in Eagles history...can you imagine if Don Henley had never come to California from Texas?...me neither...

Brooke
06-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Just saw that the Eagles played at the Savis Center in St. Louis on this day in 2003! I was there! And I posted earlier about it in the Reminiscing thread! Great time!

Troubadour
06-08-2013, 08:18 AM
love this day in Eagles history...can you imagine if Don Henley had never come to California from Texas?...me neither...

Thank goodness he did! I love imagining him on that trip... how he felt as a young guy chasing his dreams... It must have been terrifying and exciting all at once. Little did he know what impact that trip would have, and where it would lead. Life is crazy!

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 03:08 PM
I said something similar in the doc thread. What if Kenny Rodgers hadn't listened to Don Henley? What if Glenn's mom hadn't found out he was smoking pot with those guys? He'd be playing with Bob Seger! :woah:

Troubadour
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM
What if Glenn's mom hadn't found out he was smoking pot with those guys? He'd be playing with Bob Seger! :woah:

Haha. I'm going to remember this whenever I need a silver lining!

Prettymaid
06-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Haha. I'm going to remember this whenever I need a silver lining!

Lol!

zeldabjr
06-14-2013, 04:54 AM
Today in history Farewell I was released to DVD...a joyous day for me!!!...and millions of other fans of course...lol...I adore that DVD so much...I think I am wearing out my second copy of it...

Tiffanny Twisted
06-14-2013, 06:18 AM
Me too lol glad I got it on blue ray

Outlawman13
06-14-2013, 01:10 PM
I love The Farewell 1. What a wonderful concert and glad they released it!!

Houston Baby
06-14-2013, 03:05 PM
I just wish they would release dvds of ALL their concert tours even the solo tours!!

zeldabjr
06-14-2013, 03:42 PM
I just wish they would release dvds of ALL their concert tours even the solo tours!!

oohhh wouldn't that be amazing???...they could make a lot of money doing that!!!

TakeMeToTheLimit
06-15-2013, 12:25 PM
I just wish they would release dvds of ALL their concert tours even the solo tours!! that would be awesome!!!

:thumbsup:

ThePerfectBeast
06-19-2013, 05:26 AM

heh , got to agree with that one :)

zeldabjr
06-21-2013, 09:06 PM
today is a special day in Henley history....The End of the Innocence...really great CD...

sodascouts
07-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Today is pretty huge - July 12 is the first time the original Eagles ever played together!

Houston Baby
07-12-2013, 12:17 PM
OMG - that is not pretty huge - It is HUGE!!!
Thank you for the reminder Nancy! :yay::partytime::yay:

Brooke
07-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Wow! And look what has happened in all those year since! I bet they never dreamed how it would all turn out!

Troubadour
07-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Awww! Amazing.

Prettymaid
07-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Happy Anniversary, Eagles!

I enjoy it when Don says stuff like, 'Never in our wildest dreams did we think we would last this long.' I can understand the thought behind it. I'm so glad the Eagles were able to stand the test of time!

Outlawman13
07-14-2013, 12:53 AM
The greatest day ever!!! The Eagles is the greatest band ever and so glad that they are still together!!! HUGE NEWS!!!

desperado
07-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Today is pretty huge - July 12 is the first time the original Eagles ever played together!
wow, that's pretty cool!

sodascouts
07-31-2013, 08:32 PM
About this time on July 31, 1980, the Eagles were in Long Beach playing their last show until 1994. A memorable day!

07-31-2013, 08:35 PM
Yep - May be the saddest day on record in Eagles history. I am SOOOOOO grateful they got back together even if it did take 14 years.

:rockon: EAGLES!!!

GlennLover
07-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Yep - May be the saddest day on record in Eagles history. I am SOOOOOO grateful they got back together even if it did take 14 years.

:rockon: EAGLES!!!

Right on, Dreamer!

Prettymaid
07-31-2013, 08:57 PM
About this time on July 31, 1980, the Eagles were in Long Beach playing their last show until 1994. A memorable day!

A day that will live in infamy. Lol!

TimothyBFan
08-01-2013, 08:19 AM
A day that will live in infamy. Lol!

I can't believe you just went there. :shock: :laugh:

Prettymaid
08-01-2013, 08:21 AM
I can't believe you just went there. :shock: :laugh:

Oh, sure you can. ;-)

Houston Baby
08-02-2013, 05:57 PM
"One of These Nights" is one of my favorite Eagles songs. I can remember listening to that song ALL SUMMER LONG in 1975. I never tire of it even after 38 years!!!! Don's voice on that song is so sexy!! I LOVE IT!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2013, 08:51 AM
"One of These Nights" is one of my favorite Eagles songs. I can remember listening to that song ALL SUMMER LONG in 1975. I never tire of it even after 38 years!!!! Don's voice on that song is so sexy!! I LOVE IT!!!

I love OOTN! So glad I finally got to hear it live this year! First in Don's solo show back in Feb, then in DC and Pittsburgh by the Eagles.

Houston Baby
08-03-2013, 11:12 AM
And we will get to hear it again in Seattle!!!! WOO HOO!
:headbang:
They better play it again!! We're spoiled now! :wink:

sodascouts
08-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Another momentous time for the guys - in 1971, this was when they were playing their first gigs as the "Eagles"!

Prettymaid
08-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Pretty cool!

randymeisnerrocks
08-21-2013, 05:35 PM
Heard today on my local FM radio station to the Eagles played this area (Memphis, TN) for the first time 41 years ago today.

What I would give to go back in time and see that show...

RebeccaLovesEagles
08-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Happy belated anniversary springbo :hug:

Brooke
08-30-2013, 09:10 AM
On September 25th it will be 41 years since I first saw the Eagles at Dillon Stadium in Hartford. :)

That's cool! Do you remember it? :wink:

TimothyBFan
08-30-2013, 07:18 PM
That's cool! Do you remember it? :wink:

Yeah, because some people DON'T remember it, do they Brooke? :laugh:

Prettymaid
08-30-2013, 08:16 PM

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, TBF. :lie:

Im starting to associate the 'growing nose' smiley with you!

Brooke
09-07-2013, 04:01 PM

Sad, but true! :lol:

I do remember seeing them lined up on stage, looking like miniature people because I was so high up in the rafters.....where all the smoke drifted to.........

Prettymaid
09-07-2013, 07:50 PM

I do remember seeing them lined up on stage, looking like miniature people because I was so high up in the rafters.....where all the smoke drifted to.........

I thought you were going to say "because I was so high"! Lol!

TimothyBFan
09-11-2013, 07:54 AM

I agree with PM-- I think it should read, "I was so high FROM the smoke drifting to the rafters...." :p

sodascouts
12-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Pretty important day in Eagles history: the anniversary of Joe joining the Eagles is today!

SoaringRockyMountainWay
12-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Yaaaaay! I'm so glad Joe joined. He's awesome!

shunlvswx
12-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Happy 38th Anniversary to Joe. So glad he joined the group.

12-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Sorry to be a day late with this post, but I wanted to recognize this moment in Eagles history. Joe joining the band was definitely a defining moment for the band. Speaking for myself, I am so glad he did. I'll repeat what I've often said before. I love the early sound of the band including Bernie's country-rooted contributions. However, if the band had not changed musical directions at the time they did by bringing Joe in, I don't believe they would be considered the legends they are today. Amping up their sound showed the world how diverse they were, capable of doing virtually any genre of music at a very high level.

Brooke
12-22-2013, 04:56 PM
I agree, Dreamer! I remember hearing about it back then and thinking, "Joe Walsh in the Eagles?" Wondered then how that would work, but can't imagine them without him now! A very wise decision! :thumbsup:

Rock on, Joe!

zeldabjr
04-15-2014, 01:59 PM
I love this for today!!!! lol...and I bet they pay a lot...probably do it quarterly...I think that's what rich people do...I wonder if Irving's accountants do all their taxes?....

tjh532
04-17-2014, 01:41 AM
It took me awhile to figure out why the switch - very fitting! haha

Brooke
04-17-2014, 10:17 AM
I love those cowboys! :heart:

Houston Baby
04-17-2014, 01:10 PM
ME TOO!! :heart:

DJ
04-17-2014, 01:38 PM
I do love Joe Walsh. Loved him way before the Eagles. Funk 49 to ya Joe!

Houston Baby
04-30-2014, 03:32 PM
One of the BEST days ever when HOTE was released!! :partytime:

Don't y'all remember the anticipation to get our hands on it? :hilarious:

DJ
04-30-2014, 03:35 PM
I was anxious for days then I missed the figgin premier! My husband said hey the HOTE was on last night. I cried until I found out it was repeated. Wooow, what a relief. Play it atleast once a week now. Cool Me Off..:soda:

Houston Baby
04-30-2014, 03:43 PM
I don't know if my heart could take playing it once a week! :hilarious:

04-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Yep, HB - I definitely remember the anticipation around the DVD's release. I stopped pre-ordering this kind of stuff because, to me, it's a farce. So, I went out to buy it the day it was released and, luckily, I found it at the very first store that I went to. I was prepared to have to search for it though. Since I had already seen the doc several times already on Showtime, I was most excited about the bonus concert DVD at the time. I still love them both and watch them occasionally, although I don't have time to watch them as often as I'd like. But, because of that, it's very doubtful that I will ever tire of them. :yay: :yay: :yay:

sodascouts
04-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Such a fantastic documentary! I shelled out for the super-deluxe version in Bu-Ray. It has a proud position in my collection!

GlennLover
04-30-2014, 11:01 PM
Jack Tempchin posted on Facebook that it was the 1 year anniversary of the release. I just happened to be watching it at the time I read the post. Ii watched both parts & the concert. I don't get to watch them as often as I would like. Like you Dreamer, I went out & bought it the morning that it was released.

Brooke
05-01-2014, 12:09 PM
I love it too! I don't get to watch as much as I would like either, but absolutely love it!

shunlvswx
05-21-2014, 12:10 AM
Happy 19th Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Donald Hugh Henley.

zeldabjr
05-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Happy Anniversary Don and Sharon...I hope she is with him in Europe so they can be together today!!

DJ
05-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Yes I hope they are celebrating in style! Happy Anniversay Don and Sharon.

zeldabjr
05-21-2014, 09:05 PM
kind of confused...looked online...and it said it was the 20th??...anyone know for sure...

Freypower
05-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Well, yesterday was the 20th in the US when the happy anniversary post was posted, wasn't it?

shunlvswx
05-21-2014, 11:27 PM
It was at the bottom yesterday. I'm on Central time in the states. So it was a little after 11 when I post it last night. I didn't know where to put all day yesterday. LOL

zeldabjr
05-21-2014, 11:51 PM
ok...so I was confused thinking it was today...it's the 20th not the 21st...got it now...

shunlvswx
06-14-2014, 09:06 PM
I couldn't the thread for this. I looked at the bottom and today is the 9th Anniversary of the release of the Farewell 1 DVD. Happy anniversary Farewell 1 DVD. I'm watching it right now. Listening to Wasted Time at this moment.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-06-2014, 10:53 AM
One year since our guys started the HOTE tour! Wow! This tour is more than being about history. It's history in the making. I just reread most of the review thread for the Louisville concert, remembering our excitement, for those who were there and those of us waiting for information.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/G_July6HOTEkickoff_zps7c28261d.jpg

ktdids
07-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Love the picture VA!
Wow, one whole year! I remember how giddy I was just reading all the posts for the first date of the tour, and how I couldn't wait for November to come around and those dates at Madison Square Garden! Now I can't wait for September to roll around!

GlennLover
07-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Unbelievable that it's been a whole year! I can't wait until September either!

Brooke
07-07-2014, 02:13 PM
A year already?! Unbelievable!

TimothyBFan
07-07-2014, 06:41 PM
It is hard to believe it's been a whole year!

VA, that is one gorgeous picture!!! :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
07-07-2014, 08:24 PM
This is also the one anniversary of the Milwaukee show. I'm watching a DVD I made from the videos off of YouTube.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Thanks, everyone! All the pics from the show were too distant with all of them in it, so a collage seemed to be the best idea. The pic in the middle was donated by our own SmithMtLakeEaglesFan, who was at the show.

Prettymaid
07-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Brings back great memories.

Houston Baby
07-08-2014, 08:58 AM
That weekend was so much fun! It was my first real Eagles/Borders adventure. It was an awesome concert, got to meet some wonderful Borderers AND see Glenn in my hotel lobby with that wet wavy hair!:thud: