PDA

View Full Version : Today in Eagles History

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

sodascouts
07-08-2014, 08:37 PM
What a wonderful day! I can't believe it's been a year!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I gotta agree - it doesn't seem like it has been a year already. OMG, I was in a different world after seeing that show for the first time. We Borderers had a fun time on that trip. And VA, I'm lovin' your collage too.

07-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Just want to acknowledge this momentous day in Eagles history ...

It was 43 years ago today that the Eagles performed together for the very first time as the backup band for Linda Ronstadt at Disneyland. I'd say they ended up doing okay for themselves!

sodascouts
07-12-2014, 02:59 PM
An epic day in Eagles history!

Houston Baby
07-12-2014, 08:36 PM
I know I am so thankful for this! :thumbsup:

Brooke
07-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Same here! What would I have ever listened to had there been no Eagles! :shock: Can't even imagine that thought! :nope:

ROCK ON EAGLES! :band: :guitar::rockguitar:

DJ
07-16-2014, 12:39 PM
I heard it was 43 years ago they first played together and about dropped. I cannot believe it's been that long. Aren't we all so very fortunate. Thanks guys for the great music and hoping you produce more NEW music!! Take that Irving! hahaa... :nahnah:

shunlvswx
07-16-2014, 11:19 PM
I was looking at the bottom and the history for today was Tupelo, Mississippi in 2002. I'm saying to myself. Where the heck was I 12 years ago. I know I was in college. lol Its too bad they don't play in my hometown and its probably been 12 years since they played here.

shunlvswx
07-31-2014, 04:38 PM
34 years ago today, The Eagles played their last concert together at Long Beach aka Long Night at Wrong Beach. :sad: I was only 5 months old when they broke up.

They were apart 14 years until 1994 when they got back together for the Hell Freezes Over special and tour. Thank goodness they got back together 20 years ago this year. Like one of my friends said on Facebook, they mature those 14 years before they got back together.

I'm going to listen to the audio tonight. Thank you Soda for having it on your website.

Victim of Love
08-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Long Night at Wrong Beach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU1q6cy9GPY

08-02-2014, 11:39 AM
That was the saddest day of all in the band's history! :cry:

VAisForEagleLovers
02-24-2015, 03:40 PM
According to this article, Their Greatest Hits: 1971 - 1975 was the first album to ever be certified platinum. I don't think I ever knew that.

http://k99.com/the-eagles-made-music-history-on-this-date-in-1976-video/

Brooke
02-24-2015, 05:40 PM
VA, I heard that on the radio today! :thumbsup:

Brooke
02-27-2015, 02:31 PM
On this day in Eagles history HT won a grammy back in 1980!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Eagles/B_Feb%2027%20HT%20grammy%201980_zpsvyvq0p8w.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/desperado74/media/Eagles/B_Feb%2027%20HT%20grammy%201980_zpsvyvq0p8w.jpg.ht ml)

Just noticed that TJ was on the b side! That went over well! :hilarious:

Funk 50
02-27-2015, 05:04 PM
I've heard that b-sides of singles earned the same amount as the a-side.

On 45s, I always preferred The Last Resort to Life In The Fast Lane and Pretty Maids All In A Row to Hotel California.

Funk 50
02-27-2015, 05:11 PM
That was the saddest day of all in the band's history! :cry:

I thought the general consensus was that the 14 year vacation, following the the Long Night At Wrong Beach was, in hindsight, a positive "horrible relief".

Trying to come up with a sadder occasion. The police attending a Frey and Meisner fracas. Maybe worse, the destruction of the unused master tapes of Eagles material.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2015, 09:36 AM
OK, so today's the day Lyin Eyes won a grammy, and I posted this on EOC Facebook. It's not showing on my timeline! I know Facebook doesn't push it to everybody all the time, but really, when I'm one of the page managers, you'd think it would at least push it to mine! Does anyone who has the page liked see it?

02-28-2015, 12:16 PM
First of all, congratulations to both Heartache Tonight and Lyin' Eyes on the anniversaries of their Grammy wins. They were both so well-deserving IMHO. Love 'em both, and VA, I can see both postings on the EOC Facebook page.

I thought the general consensus was that the 14 year vacation, following the the Long Night At Wrong Beach was, in hindsight, a positive "horrible relief".

Trying to come up with a sadder occasion. The police attending a Frey and Meisner fracas. Maybe worse, the destruction of the unused master tapes of Eagles material.

F50 - Joe, Timothy, and Felder have all stated that they were very saddened when the band broke up after Long Beach. Don has stated that he was very shaken initially after receiving the phone call from Glenn. I think it was only with the passage of a little time that he made that statement about it being a 'horrible relief'. I definitely think Glenn viewed the breakup as a 'horrible relief' at that time. But, I seriously doubt that there were many fans that viewed it that way. In hindsight, after successfully reforming over 20 years ago, I don't believe hardly anyone views it a being a positive event in the band's history. It may have been necessary, but not positive. Even Glenn has said he believes if the band had been older and wiser, and taken some longer breaks back then, they may have been able to stick together. So I'll stick by my statement that it was the saddest event in the band's history.

zeldabjr
02-28-2015, 03:20 PM
yeah VA I see it on my page!!

Freypower
02-28-2015, 05:12 PM
OK, so today's the day Lyin Eyes won a grammy, and I posted this on EOC Facebook. It's not showing on my timeline! I know Facebook doesn't push it to everybody all the time, but really, when I'm one of the page managers, you'd think it would at least push it to mine! Does anyone who has the page liked see it?

I saw it on my phone this morning.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Thanks everyone! I get the notifications that people are 'liking' it, and when I go to the page I see it, it's just still not in my Newsfeed.

shunlvswx
03-01-2015, 10:53 PM
The Best Of My Love became the guys first number 1 40 years ago today. Wow!! has it been that long.

03-01-2015, 11:04 PM
It sure has been! But, the song is timeless ... like so many of their awesome songs. If it was recorded and released today, it'd probably still be #1. :thumbsup:

Brooke
03-02-2015, 10:55 AM
I heard it twice on the radio last week! It must be a good song! I know I've always loved it!

NightMistBlue
03-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Maybe worse, the destruction of the unused master tapes of Eagles material.

OMG, what?! I'm not familiar with that event. It's a terrible cultural loss, seriously! Don't tell me Randy's "Wait and See" and Glenn's "Smile" went into oblivion. Was it a deliberate act? Why would they do such a thing. This is worse than when the Spanish burned the Mayan codices. :worried:

Funk 50
03-02-2015, 03:53 PM
OMG, what?! I'm not familiar with that event. It's a terrible cultural loss, seriously! Don't tell me Randy's "Wait and See" and Glenn's "Smile" went into oblivion. Was it a deliberate act? Why would they do such a thing. This is worse than when the Spanish burned the Mayan codices. :worried:

Event isn't the word, NightMistBlue. According to Glenn and Don, the bands policy is to destroy all the unused outtakes.

I'm sure there is stuff that escaped the incinerator, such as the Halveston recordings but it's not surfacing.

I read some of Felder's book on Google Books a couple of days ago and he said the reunion that Glenn failed to show up to, produced some tracks, singling out one written by Frank Symes, from memory. All destroyed although Don said he had a cassette copy of it.

Despite this policy of destruction, Glenn himself has said, probably before the internet era, that there is a complete version of Hotel California in the original key of Em, out there somewhere.

I can vaguely remember a story about Randy losing a treasured, state of the art, tape recorder that never left his side. On the tape was a pre-release version of the entire Desperado album.

It's quite likely that the thief didn't recognize the value of the recordings and recorded over it.

NightMistBlue
03-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Did Glenn give a reason for this unusual policy? Is it an artistic cleansing or are they paranoid about tapes being stolen and appearing on the bootleg market? Jimmy Page is particularly unlucky in the latter department but he improved his home security rather than adopting a "burn your bridges behind you" ethos.

I googled Eagles Halveston recordings but didn't find anything relevant.

Funk 50
03-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Did Glenn give a reason for this unusual policy? Is it an artistic cleansing or are they paranoid about tapes being stolen and appearing on the bootleg market? Jimmy Page is particularly unlucky in the latter department but he improved his home security rather than adopting a "burn your bridges behind you" ethos.

I googled Eagles Halveston recordings but didn't find anything relevant.

It's Halverson, my mistake.

Can't believe it's still up.

http://www.billhalverson.com/heider.html

I'm not sure what Glenn thinks but Henley is determined that any substandard material is not for public ears. Selected Works (Fast Lane)???

NightMistBlue
03-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Oh cool! Thanks for the link. I didn't even know James Taylor had a sister. She has soulful eyes like James.

Maybe we can be slightly hopeful that a few more Eagles songs survived the great purge.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-01-2015, 07:15 AM
43 years!!!!!!!!!!! Today's the day Take It Easy was released. What an epic start to an epic career that isn't close to being over!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/albums%20and%20songs/E_May%201%20TIE%20single%201972_zpsk68dfqkq.jpg

GlennLover
05-01-2015, 09:30 AM
I just put on the Seattle 1976 video & the 1st song is TIE. Then I signed in here & discovered this was its 43rd anniversary! It's my favourite Eagles' song! I'll be listening to it many more times today!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-01-2015, 09:59 AM
I just put on the Seattle 1976 video & the 1st song is TIE. Then I signed in here & discovered this was its 43rd anniversary! It's my favourite Eagles' song! I'll be listening to it many more times today!

That opening chord makes me smile every time, no matter how down I am. There's been times it's made me smile even through tears. As I've posted on Twitter occasionally, "#TakeItEasy #God'sGotThis"

Even now, 43 years later, while my Ford isn't a flat bed, if I saw Glenn on a corner, I'd not slow down. I'd slam to a stop!

GlennLover
05-01-2015, 10:18 AM
LOL! Me too!

Brooke
05-01-2015, 12:16 PM
43 years!!!!!!!!!!! Today's the day Take It Easy was released. What an epic start to an epic career that isn't close to being over!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/albums%20and%20songs/E_May%201%20TIE%20single%201972_zpsk68dfqkq.jpg

:yay: My favortie Eagles song EVER! And the start of a magnificent band! :yay:

sodascouts
05-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Those opening chords get me every time as well!

Jonny Come Lately
05-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Couldn't agree more about the opening chords, I'm totally with Glenn when he said that it was a great introduction to the band. To borrow some other words of his, I know just what he means - he said it all so clean!

I think it's safe to safe after 43 years that Take It Easy has stood the test of time, it still sounds fresh and energised.

05-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Well - I'm a couple of days late, but I also want to acknowledge the anniversary of Take It Easy's release.

I agree with you, JCL - those opening chords are one of the greatest intros to a band ever and the song still sounds fresh after 43 years. I still remember the first time I heard the song on the radio in '72 - I didn't know anything about that voice singing it, but I knew I wanted to find out more! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-01-2015, 08:02 AM
As today is the 45th anniversary of Don making his way to LA, it has really struck me once again how quickly both Glenn and Don 'made it big'. When you hear stories from other artists traveling to LA (or Nashville), it's years of doing small clubs, and that's after doing small clubs 'back home'. Two years isn't much time at all to get in a band and get a record deal and get a record out with three hit singles. Given the talent our guys have, it shouldn't be surprising, but the industry doesn't always recognize talent so quickly.

NightMistBlue
06-19-2015, 03:07 PM
And how freakishly lucky is it that Glenn met JD Souther on his first day in L.A. Talk about a fateful meeting.

NOLA
07-23-2015, 06:43 AM
Today is the anniversary of the HFO concert at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, FL - the first time I ever saw them live!!! :partytime::thumbsup:

shunlvswx
07-31-2015, 02:38 PM
35 years ago was a sad day in Eagles history. The guys did their last show together at Long Beach, CA aka Long Night at Wrong Beach. This is also the show where Don F and Glenn exchange words on stage and wanted to kick each other's butts after the show. It wasn't until almost 14 years later when they got their act together and reunion.

AlreadyGone95
07-31-2015, 04:21 PM
I don't want to say happy anniversary, but I do want to acknowledge the anniversary of "Long Night at Wrong Beach". What a dark day for the guys, particularly Glenn and Don Felder. I shudder to think what might have happened if Don F hadn't left almost immediately after destroying the guitar.
(35 years. I wonder if I should go make my uncle feel old lol). I'm just glad that hell froze over eventually!

Brooke
07-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Yes, the good thing is hell froze over!

NightMistBlue
09-03-2015, 11:12 AM
On September 3, 1977, Randy "Babyface" Meisner played his last concert with the Eagles at Alpine Valley Music Theatre in East Troy, Wisconsin.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3a/ac/56/3aac56a0d987eef760ea3e325a6a0896.jpg

Brooke
11-10-2015, 10:50 AM
I see that today in 1979 Heartache Tonight made it to #1 on the Billboard charts! 36 years ago! :shock:

Awesome song! :heart:

LuvTim
11-10-2015, 11:41 PM
I see that today in 1979 Heartache Tonight made it to #1 on the Billboard charts! 36 years ago! :shock:

Awesome song! :heart:

I'm feeling your joy over this great song, Brooke--I love it too!! It's so fun to sing along. :grooving:
And then there's the pain-Oomph!! :shock: 36 years--Yikes!!

Topkat
11-11-2015, 01:45 PM
I'm feeling your joy over this great song, Brooke--I love it too!! It's so fun to sing along. :grooving:
And then there's the pain-Oomph!! :shock: 36 years--Yikes!!

Still love this song too & still listen to it a lot....Yikes 36 years!! Please don't remind me how old I am!!!:o

NOLA
03-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Happy 21st anniversary to the HFO concert at the North Charleston Coliseum! :birthday: :heart: :rockon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/navypaula/ChasnHFO.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/navypaula/Eagles%20HFO%203.jpg

Brooke
04-18-2016, 02:34 PM
On this day in 1973 Tequila Sunrise was released as a single! 43 years! :shock:

This is fitting:

http://societyofrock.com/glenn-frey-performs-2012-tequila-sunrise-that-will-leave-you-in-tears/

SoaringRockyMountainWay
04-18-2016, 06:30 PM
This is did leave me in tears. I'm currently balling my eyes out. :cry:

LuvTim
04-18-2016, 11:02 PM
On this day in 1973 Tequila Sunrise was released as a single! 43 years! :shock:

This is fitting:

http://societyofrock.com/glenn-frey-performs-2012-tequila-sunrise-that-will-leave-you-in-tears/

Man.

Thanks, Brooke.

shunlvswx
04-19-2016, 08:45 AM
Happy 42nd Birthday to Already Gone. I just love the little video that is played behind the guys when they sing this song. Glenn driving across the country from Detroit to LA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eT95xKCb2w

Brooke
04-19-2016, 09:28 AM
Love! One of my top Eagles songs!

Happy 42nd Already Gone!

buffyfan145
04-19-2016, 10:30 AM
Happy 42nd Birthday to "Already Gone"!!! :D Always loved this song, which is part of why I use it in my sig, and as I said before I actually lived it with a guy I almost got involved with (which is a long story in it's self LOL) and it was very therapeutic at the time. But had me thinking the other day about the lyric of "you were going to put me on a shelf" and somewhere Glenn is laughing at me because I just moved his and my Eagles records to the space I had on one of my bookshelves for all my Beatles albums, DVDs, and books since I'm going to make a space for my Eagles stuff too separate from the rest of music collection. LOL

I love the both the videos posted too, especially Glenn's road trip in the background!!! :D

shunlvswx
04-19-2016, 10:56 AM
As I watch the video in the background, I was thinking about when Glenn made his trip California back in the late 60s. It was like he was retracing his steps he did over 40 years ago. I'm leaving everything behind(including the woman who left him) and heading to the big city.

I just noticed Glenn's reflection in the rear view mirror at the end when he made it to Hollywood. I was always staring at the back of his head and the Hollywood sign. Never paid attention to his face in the mirror. LOL

FWIW
04-19-2016, 12:35 PM
One of my favorites, too. When I first heard it, I was obsessed with the last line of the song. "All right. Nighty-night."

Here is Jack Tempchin's version from, as he called it, his first grocery store gig. He talks a bit about how he and Robb Strandlund wrote the song. They wrote it in 20 minutes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukKyJvoRBkA

AlreadyGone95
04-19-2016, 05:11 PM
Happy 42nd anniversary to my namesake. Already Gone is my 3rd favorite Eagles song. I can remember being 7 or 8 years old and singing along with it.

04-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Happy 43rd anniversary to Tequila Sunrise (yesterday) and happy 42nd anniversary to Already Gone (today) - two great Eagles songs for sure. They are both very different, but I still can't decide which one I love the most.

shunlvswx
05-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Happy 44th Birthday to the guys first single as a group, Take It Easy. Wow!! 44 years old.

NOLA
05-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Happy 39th anniversary to "Life in the Fast Lane," and cheers to Glenn's legendary tale and Joe's exercise in coordination behind this awesome song! :heart::rockon::rockguitar:

shunlvswx
05-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Happy 39th Birthday to Life IN the Fast Lane.

buffyfan145
05-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Happy Birthday to "Life in the Fast Lane"!!! :D Always loved this song and it's on my "Bonnie & Clyde" playlist as I've always been fascinated with their story and this song always reminded me of it, or like a modern day version.

And belated for "Take it Easy" which was the beginning for them and the first song I remember hearing of theirs when I was very little.

AlreadyGone95
05-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Happy 39th anniversary to my second favorite Eagles song, Life in the Fast Lane!

shunlvswx
05-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Happy 31st Birthday to The Confessor single. This is my favorite song by Joe. Its like 3 or 4 songs going on at once. LOL Great :rockguitar: playing by Joe in this song.

shunlvswx
05-12-2016, 10:54 AM
4 years ago today, the guys became Dr. Eagles. LOL
http://storage.torontosun.com/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297795272242_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Also 26 years ago, Don, Timothy, and Glenn sang together for the first time since 1980 at Don's Walden Woods benefit.
http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/eaglesGEFWalden90.jpg

shunlvswx
05-19-2016, 10:19 AM
Happy 41st Birthday to the single, One Of These Nights. I always find it fascinated on how Don plays the drums on this song. He uses the hi-hats cymbals a lot of on this song. I don't know he does it.

buffyfan145
05-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Happy 41st to "One of These Nights"!!! :D Love that song. I too was fascinated how Don could play the drums and sing during this especially. For myself it was always hard to play an instrument and sing at the same time as I tend to focus more on one or the other separately, so I'm always amazed at people's talent.

shunlvswx
05-27-2016, 09:23 PM
I think today is the 22nd Anniversary of the guys very first concert together in 14 years at Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre in Irvine, CA. Thank goodness they did get back together.

shunlvswx
06-02-2016, 01:34 PM
I saw at the bottom yesterday that it was 46th Anniversary of Don moving to California. Thank goodness he did. Fate brought him and Glenn together. Everything had to come together. Kenny Rogers calling at the right time to tell them they can come to California and Don and Glenn being on the same label. Plus seeing themselves a lot at the Troubador. We know the rest is history.

Also it was the 18th Anniversary of the guys playing Tiger Jam I.

sodascouts
06-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Amen to that. Today is the anniversary of the Billboard charts debut of their first single "Take It Easy". I changed my banner and avatar accordingly.

AlreadyGone95
06-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Thank you Mr. Kenny Rogers for agreeing to see Don's band play in Texas.

Also happy 44th anniversary of the Eagles debuting on Billboard, with such a great song!

buffyfan145
06-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Happy 44th to "Take it Easy" on the charts!!! :D It's the first song I remember knowing of theirs when I was very young, around 3 or 4, and one of the ones I could easily sing along to at that age. LOL

Brooke
06-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Happy 44th, Take It Easy! I've loved it since then! :heart:

Jonny Come Lately
06-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Happy 44th anniversary to Take It Easy. Such a classic and it's astonishing that their first single was a song of that calibre, very rare indeed.

NightMistBlue
06-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Amen to that. Today is the anniversary of the Billboard charts debut of their first single "Take It Easy". I changed my banner and avatar accordingly.

Aw shoot, man - I missed it by 4 days! And that's one of my very favorite songs. It doesn't seem possible that this song is 44 years old. It's still exciting and fresh.

shunlvswx
06-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Today's the 22nd Anniversary of the Shoreline Amphitheater show in Mountain View, CA. There's a bootleg going around for this concert. I think this is one of my favorite bootleg DVD behind the Christchurch, NZ show. I might pop that DVD in to watch.

FWIW
06-08-2016, 01:33 PM
I went to the Shoreline show! I was sooo excited when I heard the Eagles got back together and found out they were playing nearby. Such good memories.

I didn't know there is a bootleg floating around. If you can point me to a source I'd love to get it.

LuvTim
06-08-2016, 02:55 PM
I didn't know there is a bootleg floating around. If you can point me to a source I'd love to get it.

Me, too!

GlennLover
06-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Mee too!

NOLA
06-09-2016, 12:09 AM
Yes, please, Shun! I'm a HFO junkie and appreciate all videos from that era.
And, I agree with you, the NZ show was wonderful despite the bad weather.😄

DivineDon
06-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Yes, please, Shun! I'm a HFO junkie and appreciate all videos from that era.
And, I agree with you, the NZ show was wonderful despite the bad weather.��

Who could forget Don's 'towel on the head moment'? :)

NOLA
06-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Who could forget Don's 'towel on the head moment'? :)
Yeah, but I think he wasn't feeling well that night.🤒

DivineDon
06-11-2016, 08:50 AM
Yeah, but I think he wasn't feeling well that night.��

Aw, poor pet!

shunlvswx
06-15-2016, 10:24 AM
16 years ago today, Don and Glenn were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. A very big honor and well deserved for these two guys wrote some of the biggest hits in their lifetime.

sodascouts
06-16-2016, 09:05 PM
Definitely deserved. I'm so glad they were recognized.

shunlvswx
07-12-2016, 09:09 PM
Happy 45th Anniversary to start of what would become the Eagles. The future Eagles backed Linda at a show at Disneyland.

Too bad we don't have any footage or pictures from that show. Maybe one day it will pop up.

sodascouts
07-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Their last time playing together was the same month as their first.

AlreadyGone95
07-29-2016, 02:47 AM
(The) Eagles played their last show a year ago today. In a way, it was a fitting way for the band to end, having completed a highly successful two year tour, but it's still a sad day. :(

shunlvswx
07-29-2016, 09:02 AM
I know. This is probably the one of the saddest days in Eagles history behind the Eagles breaking up in 1980 and Glenn's death.

I regret big time of not seeing them in concert. I had many chances to see them. In either Memphis, Birmingham, New Orleans, St. Louis(I was going to Missouri for vacation, but I wasn't going to Missouri until November and the show was in October. So I missed that show by a month) and of course Bossier City. Those cities except St. Louis are 3 hours away from me.

Money was also a problem. I couldn't afford the tickets and I just didn't have the money to stay the night in those cities. Plus most of the cities that were close to me were on a weekday and I usually don't travel during the week unless I'm going on vacation for a week.

I just had too many I'll see them next year moments for this tour. I just didn't know this would be the last time we ever see Glenn alive and their last concert together before Glenn died. They kept saying this is the last tour(knowing now it wasn't since they were thinking about during the 40th Anniversary of Hotel California tour this year, but I think they didn't know it was soo serious for Glenn and he would bounce back). I will always regret not going to see them. :sigh: I'm sad that I didn't get to see them as a group, but I'm glad I will see their solo shows. Don's shows was on my list to see this year along with hoping to finally see my first Eagles show. Now it won't happen. I meant seeing the Eagles not Don. I'm seeing in January.

I got this article from the Bossier City thread. This is the only article or anything about their last show. It seem like not that many people from media went to see them that night.

http://kkyr.com/the-eagles-live-in-concert-a-life-experience-for-jim-weaver/?trackback=twitter_top

buffyfan145
07-29-2016, 10:00 AM
It is sad knowing that too and it's the same with me as I never got to see the band or Glenn in concert. We tried a few times but it was so pricey for all of us to go, and I remember one time I think during the Farewell 1 tour they actually played in Columbus and we were on vacation visiting my family that still lives in Massachusetts so the timing didn't work then. I always thought I'd see them one day too and the Eagles were part of my dream list of classic artists I'd see as well as Paul McCartney (a Beatle) and Fleetwood Mac, and I did see the latter two within the past 5 years and will see Don in a couple weeks so it will count as seeing an Eagle but I still wish it was all of them.

sodascouts
07-29-2016, 11:22 AM
I had a pretty intense dream about Glenn last night. Maybe I subconsciously remembered today was the last show ever.

I really wanted to go to Bossier City just because I always like to see the first and last shows of a tour. However, I was in South Africa on a mission trip.

While in was in South Africa, on my down time, I started a letter to Glenn. I had written him several years ago, but I wanted to write him a new one once again expressing how much I appreciated him. I didn't finish the letter and it never got sent. Thank God I sent the first one but still... That is my biggest regret.

AlreadyGone95
07-29-2016, 11:33 AM
I'm sad that I never got to see them live, but I became a fan less than 3 months before the last show. I couldn't afford the ticket prices anyway.

Soda, I think Glenn knew (or now knows) how much you appreciated him, given that you went to so many Eagles shows, his solo shows, and Pebble Beach. Take comfort in that he did know at some point and acknowledged that.

Brooke
07-29-2016, 01:42 PM
That's right, Soda. You actually met him personally and he recognized you at some shows. He knew!

Yep, a sad day for us fans.

Eagles7
07-29-2016, 11:45 PM
I liked in the article posted on page 59 how the writer, who was from radio, and a long time Eagles fan thanked all seven of the Eagles...even those not a part of that last show...for their contributions that made this band we came to know as The Eagles.

Whether you became a fan in the 70s and rode that train all the way home or, as someone mentioned here, became a fan only 3 months before the last performance...this Eagle thing has been a journey of 40+ years. Embrace the entire journey, like the reporter, thank every single player who was an Eagle, and be so grateful for the library of magic we have at our fingertips to keep their legacy alive.

They were, are, and will always be the best of the best. As Glenn put it, "Maybe a band for our time could become a band for all time." I think they have.

07-30-2016, 04:19 PM
I hate that I'm a day with this post, but the last show was on my mind all day long yesterday. It gives me an overwhelming sense of sadness knowing that I'll never again see the band that has been my favorite band for more than 40 years. I always knew it would have to end at some point, but I never envisioned the end would come as it did. So, yeah, this one is gonna rank right up there as one of the saddest days in Eagles history.

Jonny Come Lately
07-30-2016, 05:46 PM
I can relate a lot to what several of the other younger members have said, as I would have loved to have seen the Eagles live. As chance would have it I discovered the Eagles and their music in 2013, just as they were playing the first shows on the HOTE marathon tour. They came to Liverpool (much closer to where I live than Manchester where I saw Don) in summer 2014 and it is a regret of mine that I didn't go - I suspect I probably 'missed the boat' as I was still discovering their albums around the time when I would have needed to get tickets, and didn't really know when they were coming to the UK. What makes it a real shame is that I love all of the older, more obscure songs that they added to the setlist for that tour. I can only imagine how awesome it would have been to experience the magnificent Doolin-Dalton/Desperado Reprise live.

The only real positive to come out of it is that when Don announced he was coming to the UK, I knew deep in my heart that I couldn't let the chance go past with going to see him, as it could be the only chance I will ever get. Sometimes I don't push people hard enough when I want to do or see something, or try to find excuses for not pushing and then miss out, but this time was different and I made sure that I was going. I am so, so glad that I went as I had a fantastic night and although it is a great shame that I never got to see Glenn, I did see Don dedicate Desperado to him (which he didn't do at all his shows IIRC).

FWIW
07-31-2016, 12:31 PM
The infamous "Long Night at Wrong Beach" was 36 years ago today. From my vantage point in the cheap seats I had no idea of the acrimony between Glenn and Don F. I wasn't able to get tickets for a show at the Santa Monica Civic and I was so glad when the benefit was announced. I thought it was a great show!

sodascouts
07-31-2016, 10:42 PM
So cool that you were there!

A hard day for Eagles fans, but it was meant to be. The break helped them come back better than ever.

RudieCantFail
08-01-2016, 12:44 AM
Wow, thanks for sharing FWIW! Did you live in SoCal at the time or did you just drive or fly over there for the Eagles?

It's kind of weird that these past few days of Eagles history have a couple of unfortunate good-byes.

FWIW
08-01-2016, 11:08 AM
I was living in SoCal when I went (with my brother) to the Long Beach show. We were both amazed when we saw the excerpts in HOTE.

I've always wondered if people in the first few rows were able to hear any of the dialog. I was nowhere near the front (I think I paid ~$10 for my ticket.) so I was blissfully ignorant.

Brooke
08-01-2016, 01:44 PM
FWIW, that's very cool that you were at that show! Thanks for sharing about it!

DJ
08-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Witchy Woman was released on August 1 1972.

Thank you very much! :grooving:

shunlvswx
08-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Happy 44th Birthday to the Eagles first top 10 hit and Don's first single he sang on that became a single.

Brooke
08-02-2016, 09:38 AM
WW, one of my favorites for sure!

LuvTim
08-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Love and props to Witchy Woman. :heart:

shunlvswx
08-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Happy 41st Birthday to One Of These Nights going no. 1. The guys second no. 1 single.

NightMistBlue
08-02-2016, 11:36 AM
The single or the album? Never mind, I should Google that :)

These songs never get old, they're still exciting. What is that strange power? That's a rhetorical question but if you happen to know, do share. :grooving:

FWIW, it's super cool you were at the Long Beach show.

AlreadyGone95
08-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Happy anniversary to Witchy Woman and to One of These Nights going to #1.

It amazes me how some songs still sound so fresh 40 years later, yet some songs sound so horribly dated.

NightMistBlue
08-02-2016, 11:58 AM
So true, there are songs from the 80s - even the 90s! - that sound so absurd and passé. Thank goodness the Eagles and their producers didn't indulge in fads.

Eagles7
08-03-2016, 01:28 AM
FWIW, I always wanted to hear from somebody who was at the Long Beach show. Glad a lot of peeps didn't know what was happening. Did they all do the bow at the end of the show, or did they tear off running!

FWIW
08-03-2016, 08:22 AM
As far as I remember, they took their bows at the end of the show. I didn't leave the show early and I'm sure I would have taken note if they all took off running before they got backstage!

Jonny Come Lately
08-04-2016, 02:46 AM
Happy anniversary to Witchy Woman and to One of These Nights going to #1.

It amazes me how some songs still sound so fresh 40 years later, yet some songs sound so horribly dated.

Happy anniversary to both songs1 I totally agree with both of you here. The 'satanic country rock' sound doesn't get old! The idea of songs standing the test of time or sounding dated is a concept that interests me. I think this is because saying that something hasn't aged well implies that it had some appeal in the first place, immediately putting it in a different category to something that was always rubbish and therefore can't 'age badly' because it was never any good in the first place!

Another weird aspect is that it seems to have very little to do with how much you hear a song ('hearing a song too much' is quite a different thing). Up to the age of 18 Rumours was my absolute favourite album, and it wasn't even close. I must have heard it more times than anything else in my life yet I still love it as much as ever now, whereas there are other albums/songs that I used to enjoy hearing in this time where I now think they are just okay and I'm not really sure why I used to think 'I love this'.

On this level I must admit a personal bias - I tend to feel that the music of the late 1970s (especially pre-punk) has aged especially well, whereas I find a lot of 1980s music sounds 'of its time'. I feel it tends to become apparent whether a song is ageing well around the 20-year mark or so (I would feel comfortable calling, for example, R.E.M.'s Losing My Religion a classic song by this stage), so I think it's difficult to draw any conclusions after the mid-1990s.

FWIW, it is just brilliant that you were at the 'Long Night at Wrong Beach'! :cheers: I would love to hear more about the show.

NightMistBlue
08-04-2016, 10:47 AM
The 'satanic country rock' sound doesn't get old!

Love that quote, where's it from? :rofl: So cute.

FWIW
08-04-2016, 12:24 PM
FWIW, it is just brilliant that you were at the 'Long Night at Wrong Beach'! :cheers: I would love to hear more about the show.
As I mentioned earlier, I really wanted to get tickets for one of the shows at the Santa Monica Civic because I'd never seen any concert at such a small venue. I thought it would be a good place to showcase the Eagles harmony singing. After I struck out with Santa Monica, and I couldn't afford tickets from a scalper, I was lucky to get a chance for Plan B at Long Beach. I was really happy the format was very similar.

The show opened with an acoustic set, with all of them sitting on stools. The format is familiar to us now, but I think at the time it was new for them. The songs I remember were "Saturday Night" and two songs I had never heard before, the Poco song "Keep on Tryin" that Timothy sang and "Seven Bridges Road" which I absolutely loved. Later in the show, they played another song I'd never heard, "Sea Cruise." It was such a fun song. I was happy when it showed up on Glenn's first solo album.

Some other miscellaneous memories... This show was in the middle of the "Joe Walsh for President" campaign. There were some folks wearing "Joe Walsh for President" hats and buttons. I also remember the sax player, Phil Kenzie, was fantastic.

Jonny Come Lately
08-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Love that quote, where's it from? :rofl: So cute.

I love the quote too! It comes from the liner notes of the 2003 Very Best Of compilation - Don coins the phrase in the section for One Of These Nights. I think this has probably been posted before but here's a link in any case:

http://www.theuncool.com/journalism/the-very-best-of-the-eagles/

FWIW, thank you for the info about the Long Beach show.

AlreadyGone95
08-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Happy 43rd anniversary of Outlaw Man as a single!

It's my favorite Eagles song.

travlnman2
08-07-2016, 04:47 PM
I had the chance two see the Eagles twice but did not go and knowing what happend with Glenn I should have said yes to my mother who had tickets to the 2013 Hartford Show. I said no because I did not know much about the band.
second time I was out of state and I really wanted to go :sigh: It's nice that I have Farewell 1 and Hell Freezes over on dvd and Eagles Live on Vinyl. But the experience of seeing a live band can never be replaced on record.

Very happy I got to see my man Joe Walsh who is a pleasure sharing a birthday with live in 2015 despite a shorter set list then I liked he played my 3rd favorite show ever :D. 1st is Guns N Roses who I saw in July and have a review in the other music section and second is Paul Mccartney then Joe, Lynyrd Skynyrd,Eric Clapton and finally Ringo.

shunlvswx
09-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Happy 41st Birthday to Lyin' Eyes. I really hate they butchered this song on the radio. I hate the edited version.

AlreadyGone95
09-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Happy 41st anniversary to Lyin' Eyes.

I've never heard the "butchered"version.

FreyFollower
09-07-2016, 09:08 PM
I also want to celebrate LYIN' EYES' 41st birthday!!! I have always loved this song! From the great intro to the last notes, it's perfection! (I agree it should never be chopped up!). The story is so skillfully told and beautifully sung with gorgeous harmonies! It also makes me smile to think of "Plantiff"!

buffyfan145
09-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Happy 41st to "Lyin' Eyes"!!! :D I love this song so much as I love story songs and being a writer it's so easy to picture the story. This is one I've said before to people I could "write a whole novel to that song". LOL It's just so perfectly told and Glenn sings it so well.

sodascouts
09-07-2016, 10:03 PM
A very happy birthday to an excellent song!

shunlvswx
09-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Happy 41st anniversary to Lyin' Eyes.

I've never heard the "butchered"version.

Its probably good you've never heard the "butchered" version. Radio basically takes out the second verse, chorus and half of third version is gone. I hear the radio version more than the album version. I hate they butchered Lyin' Eyes and The Heart of The Matter.

RudieCantFail
09-18-2016, 07:14 PM
Happy 37th birthday to Heartache Tonight! I like the drums on this song. Other than Hotel California, it's one of the first Eagles songs that made me curious about the band. I didn't quite catch on around this time last year, but I recognized it as a song that I would like.

shunlvswx
09-19-2016, 03:04 PM
Happy 37th Birthday to Heartache Tonight. I did hear it on the radio yesterday.

Also happy 16th birthday Glenn's Millennium Collection album.

Houston Baby
09-24-2016, 11:12 AM
HAPPY 37TH ANNIVERSARY TO THE LONG RUN!! :cheers:

The classic rock station in H-town is paying tribute to it today by playing the songs on the album thru out the day along with snippets of interviews with the guys.
Too bad I am at work and cannot listen but I did hear some on the way to work. :grooving:

WalshFan88
09-24-2016, 07:11 PM
I listened to TLR on Spotify the other day to get ready for survivor but I think I'll play it on vinyl tonight.

Houston Baby
09-24-2016, 07:19 PM
Oh vinyl! Love that! Enjoy Austin! :grooving:

shunlvswx
09-27-2016, 04:18 PM
Happy belated Birthday to The Long Run album and Cass County.

shunlvswx
10-26-2016, 01:26 PM
22nd Birthday to the premiere of the Hell Freezes Over special.

shunlvswx
10-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Happy 32nd Birthday to The Boys Of Summer. It was released 32 years ago today.

zeldabjr
11-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Happy 42nd anniversary to "Best of My Love"...can't believe it's been that long...boy does it make me feel old...it was my first Eagles record I ever bought...and I wore that 45 out!!!

shunlvswx
11-06-2016, 12:16 AM
Happy 42nd Birthday to Best Of My Love.

shunlvswx
11-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Happy 22nd Birthday to Get Over It. This was my favorite song from the Hell Freezes Over album. I hate they stopped playing this song after the HFO tour. It was a jamming song.

shunlvswx
11-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Happy 37th Birthday to Heartache Tonight going no. 1. Its sad this would be their last no. 1 ever.

FreyFollower
11-10-2016, 08:30 PM
I was a senior in high school when this song came out. Great memories! Love the beat and Glenn's rockin' vocals! It always seemed to get an audience on it's feet!

shunlvswx
11-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Happy 16th Birthday to Selected Works. I bought this box set off of ebay for under 20.00. Not bad. I love Random Victims. That is track is sooo funny.

Also its the 12th Anniversary of the taping of F1 DVD.

shunlvswx
11-15-2016, 10:20 AM
Happy 41st Birthday to Take It To The Limit.

shunlvswx
11-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Happy 38th Birthday To Please Come Home For Christmas.

Happy 37th Birthday to the Long Run single.

Delilah
12-02-2016, 11:52 AM
This is odd. "Today in History" doesn't show up at the bottom of the primary
page on my iPad, but it does on my ipod.

Today in 1982, Randy was performing in Dallas and the concert was recorded for his live album. I can't believe he was performing less than 200 miles away from me at the time! I had no clue, if only I did...not that my parents would have allowed me to go (I begged to go see Foreigner on their 4 tour but no dice)...but still, just the thought of him being so close :sigh::fainted:

shunlvswx
12-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Happy Belated 44th Birthday to Peaceful Easy Feeling.

shunlvswx
12-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Happy 40th Birthday to my Glenn song, New Kid In Town. I just love Glenn's vocals, the harmonies, the music. Everything was soo great about this song.

NightMistBlue
01-12-2017, 04:47 PM
On this day in 1998, Los Eagles were inducted into the Hall of Fame.
http://articles.latimes.com/1998/jan/13/news/mn-7845

secret squirrel
01-18-2017, 02:20 PM
I don't know where to post this. It's so sad that Glenn has been dead a year today. Still cant believe it.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/glenn-frey-cowboy-casanova.html

sodascouts
01-18-2017, 07:05 PM
We have a thread in the Glenn forum. Yes, it's such a sad day.

shunlvswx
02-22-2017, 02:08 PM
Happy 40th Birthday to the HC single. I can't believe its 40 years old.

zeldabjr
03-01-2017, 09:32 PM
wow...can't believe Best of My Love was their first #1 single...seems like they should have had number ones before this!! I had this 45 and wore it out!!!

Delilah
03-21-2017, 06:47 PM
This day in 1977 the Eagles performed a concert at the Capitol Centre in Landover, MD, an event that was recorded and released--THANKFULLY--on DVD.

Wow, 40 years ago!!

Maybe with this being Hotel California's 40th anniversary, the rest of the concert will be released--dare I hope?

Brooke
03-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Love it and wish they would release more!

Dawn
04-06-2017, 11:16 PM
April 6, 1974 California Jam

Eagles Already Gone

Glenn Frey and the Goodyear Blimp just like Wide World of Sports lol!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2oky0y

sodascouts
04-08-2017, 12:29 AM
April 6, 1974 California Jam

Eagles Already Gone

Glenn Frey and the Goodyear Blimp just like Wide World of Sports lol!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2oky0y

Love that!

Dawn
04-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Love that!

Me too.

Dawn
04-13-2017, 03:55 PM
On this day 2012 Glenn Frey released promo video for After Hours album. Title track "After Hours" cowritten with Jack Tempchin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_HezXTiOCNw

sodascouts
04-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Five years already? Wow.

shunlvswx
04-18-2017, 09:38 AM
Happy 44th Birthday to Tequila Sunrise.

Brooke
04-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Tequila Sunrise, timeless, ageless, wonderful song. One of my top five Eagles songs for sure!

shunlvswx
04-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Happy 43rd Birthday to Already Gone.

NightMistBlue
05-01-2017, 05:07 PM
On this day, May 1, 1972 the Eagles released their first single "Take It Easy" -- woo! Perfect excuse to celebrate. :rockguitar:

shunlvswx
05-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Happy 45th Birthday to the song that started it up, Take It Easy. Its going to feel weird when it hits 50 in 5 years.

NightMistBlue
05-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Surely we should have a big ol' street party to celebrate it - somewhere appropriate, maybe Jackson Browne's house or if Jackson objects maybe Winslow, Arizona!

TIE gave me comfort this morning as I was undergoing a minor medical procedure. It was playing in the doctor's office as they photographed the area that would be worked on. And as I walked out after the procedure, Take It to the Limit was playing. It was a sign! :headbang:

East Texas Girl
05-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Surely we should have a big ol' street party to celebrate it - somewhere appropriate, maybe Jackson Browne's house or if Jackson objects maybe Winslow, Arizona!

TIE gave me comfort this morning as I was undergoing a minor medical procedure. It was playing in the doctor's office as they photographed the area that would be worked on. And as I walked out after the procedure, Take It to the Limit was playing. It was a sign! :headbang:

A street party would be awesome!!

NMB, I hope all is well with you! I would definitely take that as a great sign especially both songs.

NightMistBlue
05-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Thank you, ETG! I'm feeling no pain, thank the Lord and the Eagles too.

Sorry to go OT, everyone.

Delilah
05-02-2017, 03:50 PM

It's great that TIE gave you comfort, NMB. And yes, TITTL was a good sign with good Randy vibes! I'm glad to hear you're feeling fine.

Dawn
05-03-2017, 07:53 PM
On this date 1977 Life in the Fast Lane was released as a single.

shunlvswx
05-08-2017, 09:55 AM
The famous softball against RS was 39 years ago yesterday. I did not know that Peter Cetera was part of the Eagles team. All these years since I became a fan and knew about this game, I didn't know Peter was on their team.

Also 40 years ago yesterday, Hotel California went to no. 1.

NightMistBlue
05-10-2017, 12:10 PM
The famous softball against RS was 39 years ago yesterday. I did not know that Peter Cetera was part of the Eagles team. All these years since I became a fan and knew about this game, I didn't know Peter was on their team.

He was quoted some years ago as secretly wishing that the Eagles would have extended an invitation for him to join their band, because of all the interpersonal turmoil in Chicago (apparently he didn't know the Eagles had similar problems).

Way OT: do you like Peter? He was in an old movie I saw last night "Electra Glide in Blue." I could hardly recognize him. Some stills of Peter riding a motorsickle in the movie: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/musicians-on-motorcycles.647274/page-7

shunlvswx
05-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Yeah I like Peter. I mostly like the songs he sang with Chicago and a few of his solo songs. I was mad at him for not being at the RnR HoF because I wanted him to be there with his old bandmates, but I heard the reason why. I wasn't mad at him for long.

I wonder what's the history with Peter and the Eagles(other than the game) because I was shocked that he was on their team.

NightMistBlue
06-01-2017, 04:43 PM
June 1, 1972! You all know what happened! Greatness happened. Indelible music and memories were launched.

East Texas Girl
06-02-2017, 12:04 PM
June 1, 1972! You all know what happened! Greatness happened. Indelible music and memories were launched.

I am so thankful for this day! What would we do without them?

LuvTim
07-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Released July 1, 1975, Timothy's great Poco album, Head Over Heels, is still one of my favorites - just love it. A wonderful day for Timothy! :heart:

shunlvswx
07-08-2017, 11:58 AM
4 years ago this past Thursday was the start of what would be Eagles last tour with Glenn. :sad: The anniversary for the Summerfest concert in WI was yesterday.

07-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Thanks for your post, shun. However, the show was actually on 07/06 and it was one of the best and most memorable Eagles show I ever attended. I am sooooo glad I was there along with 8 other Borderers. We had a blast!

NightMistBlue
07-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Did anybody check out what today is? THE FIRST TIME THE ORIGINAL EAGLES EVER PLAYED TOGETHER! They weren't called the "Eagles" yet of course but it's still a pretty important date. It was 38 years ago today. Hard to believe!

Guys, check it out: someone has an original program from the 1971 Disneyland grad nite where Linda Ronstadt and the future Eagles performed. Turns out the actual date was June 12, 1971: http://vintagedisneylandtickets.blogspot.com.es/2009/06/grad-nite-1971.html

Isn't that super cool?! It should be in a museum. It's important!! Loving the groovy artwork and photos. I bet the concerts were held at the Sound Castle.

Thank you to Lola for finding this muy interesante document.

sodascouts
07-13-2017, 06:14 PM
Holy crap!!! How cool is that?!

Thanks to both you and Lola.

Wow!!! Documentation of THE night!

Delilah
07-13-2017, 06:52 PM
Very cool! Thanks, NMB (and Lola). I must be dense b/c the only date I see for "grad nite" is June 16, 1971. What am I missing? :headscratch:

NightMistBlue
07-14-2017, 09:34 AM
You're right, D.! June 16, 1971 is the - I mean THE - date. I was excited and confused. Most of the time, I'm just confused :)

It's so neat. Never imagined actual evidence of the historic night existed.

sodascouts
07-14-2017, 11:17 AM
There's often confusion about dates. These things happened a long time ago. People's memories play tricks on them. Maybe there were lots of fireworks, and so the guys remembered it as a 4th of July celebration. Or maybe there was another show on the 4th of July. There are a million explanations. Still, unless she played a show without them and came back on the 4th of July, this one was the first!

New Kid In Town
07-14-2017, 11:21 AM
Soda - Didn't Linda state they played the whole week together at Disney for the graduation celebrations ?

sodascouts
07-14-2017, 11:48 AM
She may have (I'm afraid I can't remember her doing so, so I can't confirm it off the top of my head, but my memory is awful). If you could find that, it would further cement this as the REAL date. It's pretty much 95% there already in my mind.

Delilah
07-14-2017, 11:51 AM
To further add to the confusion, the Randy Meisner Concert Chronology website lists June 12, 1971 as the first (and only) appearance of the original 4 at Disneyland. It includes a promo ad featuring Linda and June 12 as "Date Nite" which apparently fell on a Saturday.

It looks like the guys played more than one date at Disneyland backing Linda.

NightMistBlue
07-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Did you by chance save the ad from the Concert Chronology? The cached web page is all that's left, which doesn't contain the images.

Delilah
07-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Date Nite at Disneyland was June 12, 1971. Grad Nite was June 16, 1971.
(NMB, I'm not seeing a cached version of the page and I have access to the images--maybe if you changed your web browser?)
http://i.imgur.com/n5KbA3K.jpg

NightMistBlue
07-14-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm using a Chrome browser. Can't get to the page using Internet Explorer either.

That ad is so cool! It is a mystery though, isn't it? We now have two seemingly verified Disneyland appearances for Ronstadt, very close in time.

I wonder if her manager John Boylan remembers? He was actively involved in getting the Eagles together and he's online. I'm going to ask. The worst that can happen is he ignores me or tells me to bleep off.

NightMistBlue
07-14-2017, 04:32 PM
Soda - Didn't Linda state they played the whole week together at Disney for the graduation celebrations ?

That would explain the two dates for sure.

NightMistBlue
07-17-2017, 09:10 AM
Follow-up: Mr. Boylan was kind enough to reply, "Yes. To the best of my recollection, the original four Eagles backed her up at both those dates" referring to June 12 and June 16, 1971.

Delilah
07-17-2017, 09:59 AM
Good work, NMB! :thumbsup: And much appreciation to Mr. Boylan and his sharp memory. Now can you go back and ask him what the setlist was? :laugh: (I saw from the comments of the Disneyland Vintage link that one song was "Only Momma That Will Walk the Line").

NightMistBlue
07-17-2017, 10:32 AM
I don't wanna push my luck :)

sodascouts
07-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Always something new to learn. Thanks for the detective work and to Mr. Boylan for his cooperation!

shunlvswx
07-30-2017, 12:55 AM
Today is the 2nd year anniversary of Glenn's last concert with the Eagles in Bossier City, LA. Even though the private concert in St. Louis was his last concert, this was the last concert the fans saw Glenn.

Its interesting that Classic East falls on this day.

New Kid In Town
07-30-2017, 11:19 AM
:sad::sigh:

shunlvswx
07-31-2017, 09:39 PM
37 years ago today, The Long Night at Wrong Beach concert happened which would be the end of the Eagles for almost 14 years.

July has been an interesting month in Eagles history. The original members playing together for the first time in Linda's band. Glenn last two concerts(July 29th was the last show the fans saw him and July 31st was the last time Eagles played with Glenn at a private concert in St. Louis), the Eagles back together for the Classic West/East festivals and then they breaking up for the first time.

sodascouts
08-01-2017, 12:35 AM
July definitely is a historic month - for good reasons and for bad ones.

shunlvswx
08-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Happy 45th Birthday to Witchy Woman

NightMistBlue
08-02-2017, 04:44 PM
I am somewhat reliably informed that "One of These Nights" reached #1 on the Billboard chart on this day in 1975.

New Kid In Town
08-05-2017, 09:27 AM
As per EA FB Page, August 3,1971, was the date the Eagles were formed under their temporary name of "Teen King And The Emergencies". As they say, the rest is history !

shunlvswx
08-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Happy 10th Birthday to How Long.

WalshFan88
08-23-2017, 05:35 AM
Happy 10th Birthday to How Long.

My favorite track from LROOE along with BBF.

GlennLover
08-23-2017, 11:36 AM
I can't believe that it's been 10 years! How Long is one of my favourites too, possibly my favourite from LROOE.

New Kid In Town
08-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Wow - I can't believe it has been 10 years. I love How Long too.

buffyfan145
08-23-2017, 04:55 PM
I can't believe it's been 10 years too. I love that song and was so excited when they released it!!! :D

Dawn
09-20-2017, 03:29 PM
On this date in 2000, MCA Records released '20th Century Masters The Millennium Collection: The Best of Glenn Frey'. Together, we co-wrote 11 of the 12 tunes, every song but 'The Heat Is On' - Jack Tempchin

shunlvswx
09-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Happy Belated 2nd Birthday to Don's Cass County album. I can't believe its been 2 years since Cass County came out.

shunlvswx
11-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Happy 10th Birthday to the guys playing the CMAs. I think I remembered watching the guys that night. I can't remembered.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/multimedia/live/BBFCMA2008.wmv

Brooke
11-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Wow, 10 years already?! :shock:

sodascouts
11-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Dreamer, DonFan, and I were there!

Wallyj58
11-14-2017, 08:35 PM
This is great! Thanks, Soda!

This is great many thanks

shunlvswx
11-27-2017, 10:41 AM
Happy 39th Birthday to Please Come Home For Christmas.

Also Happy 38th Birthday to the Long Run single.

Also Happy 22nd Birthday to the rainy Christchurch, New Zealand concert. My favorite bootleg.

shunlvswx
12-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Happy 24th Birthday to the Eagles briefly reuniting for Travis Tritt's music video Take It Easy which turned into the real reunion 4 months later for the HFO special.

shunlvswx
12-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Happy 41st Birthday to my favorite Eagles song sung by Glenn, New Kid IN Town. Its also one of my top 5 favorite Eagle song.

Magnolia
12-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Happy birthday to NKIT. One of the best songs out there.

FreyFollower
12-09-2017, 12:23 AM
Happy Birthday, New Kid in Town! Such a great, unusual song, beautifully sung to perfection!
How can it be 41 years old?:headscratch:

Dawn
12-09-2017, 03:50 PM
Happy Birthday, New Kid in Town! Such a great, unusual song, beautifully sung to perfection!

I absolutly agree!!!

NightMistBlue
12-20-2017, 04:51 PM
I am told that Joe Walsh joined the Eagles on this date in 1975, taking the place of a fed-up Bernie.

New Kid In Town
12-20-2017, 09:28 PM
I am told that Joe Walsh joined the Eagles on this date in 1975, taking the place of a fed-up Bernie.

Yep, he joined Dec.20, 1975, which was the same day Irving put out a statement saying Bernie had quit the band. I know some disagree, but I think it was the best move Joe made.

New Kid In Town
12-20-2017, 09:31 PM

One of my top three favorite Eagles songs. I think it is Glenn's best performance. A Grammy winner too.

YoungEaglesFan
12-20-2017, 10:57 PM
One of my top three favorite Eagles songs. I think it is Glenn's best performance. A Grammy winner too.

Definitely a top 3 for me as well. I think that was their best song vocally. The harmonies are just stunning and this was truly a 5 part harmony song you can hear Felder well in the outro. Adore this song

NightMistBlue
01-05-2018, 03:17 PM

I wondered why I'd seen photos of him all kitted out in his softball gear. Do you know if other members of Chicago participated? There are photos of them in athletic clothes holding bats - maybe they had their own team :)

shunlvswx
01-05-2018, 03:21 PM
I only know about Peter being on the Eagles team. I think I remembered their was another guy from outside of the Eagles circle, but I can't remember who. I think the team consist of the Eagles, their road crew, Peter and another guy.

Philh
01-06-2018, 03:02 PM
I thought the Eagles V Rolling Stone took place in May 1978?

New Kid In Town
01-06-2018, 03:27 PM
I thought the Eagles V Rolling Stone took place in May 1978?

Correct, it was in May 1978 on the campus of USC.
Shun - I think the other guy who was a non-connected Eagle was the then LA Kings Hockey player Gene Carr.

shunlvswx
01-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Happy 20th Anniversary to the guys induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

tac0mao6
01-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Happy 20th Anniversary to the guys induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

smh ... looking for the “like” button :doh:

FreyFollower
01-12-2018, 11:23 PM
I was so glad for them to finally get some respect! And, as Joe has said: "It looks good on my resume'!"

LuvTim
02-04-2018, 02:35 PM
"I Can't Tell You Why" - sexy and cool since 1980! :inlove: 8)

💘💘💘💘

NightMistBlue
02-05-2018, 02:09 PM
"I Can't Tell You Why" - sexy and cool since 1980! :inlove: 8)

💘💘💘💘

Say wha? I thought it was released in 1979, no?

Freypower
02-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Say wha? I thought it was released in 1979, no?

Unless she's referring to when it was released as a single.

NightMistBlue
02-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Was it released as a single in '80? Well, slap me and call me Susan. I associate it very strongly with 1979.

According to Wikipedia, the song was released in the U.S. as a single on February 8, 1980 (birthday of James Dean, coincidentally) becoming a top 10 hit in April 1980.

I learned something today.

shunlvswx
02-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Happy 41st Birthday to the Hotel California single on yesterday.

shunlvswx
02-26-2018, 11:07 AM
New Kid In Town went to no. 1 41 years ago today. My other favorite Eagle song sung by Glenn.

Also Don won Best Rock Vocal Performance, Male for The Boys Of Summer 32 years ago yesterday.

Also Happy Belated 10th Birthday to What Do I Do With My Heart. IT was released in the UK on February 25th. My other favorite song sung by Glenn.

Houston Baby
02-26-2018, 11:40 AM
My Classic Rock radio station mentioned this morning that NKIT went to #1 on this day in 1977 and then they played it. Glenn's voice is so beautiful in that song! :heart:
And now I am typing a billing to a customer in Bossier City LA.
I miss Glenn! :sad::sigh:

shunlvswx
04-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Happy 45th Birthday to one of the first songs Don and Glenn wrote together, Tequila Sunrise.

FreyFollower
04-18-2018, 10:04 PM
TS is one of my absolute favorites! 45 years of greatness!

shunlvswx
04-19-2018, 10:07 AM
Happy 44th Birthday to Already Gone.

Brooke
04-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Love Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone! Two of my very favorites!

My My
04-27-2018, 10:06 AM
I tried to find this concert on Newspapers.com. It appears that it actually took place at Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio, 2 1/2 hours away from the University of Ohio. Ten Years After was the main attraction, with the Eagles being listed as second attraction, and The Strawbs the third attraction. Price $5.00 advance, $5.50 day of show. I couldn't find any reviews, but found several ads.

OT, while searching, I came across a TV schedule from The Guardian (London), dated April 5,1973 which listed The Eagles in Concert, BBC-2 at 10:15 p.m.

shunlvswx
05-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Happy 46th Birthday to Take It Easy.

Brooke
05-01-2018, 11:53 AM
My all time favorite Eagles song! Wow, 46 years! I remember hearing it on the radio back in the day (showing my age here) and just loving it and have loved it ever since! :heart:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAKE IT EASY!

LuvTim
05-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Love TIE!! 💘

New Kid In Town
05-03-2018, 10:27 AM
My all time favorite Eagles song! Wow, 46 years! I remember hearing it on the radio back in the day (showing my age here) and just loving it and have loved it ever since! :heart:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAKE IT EASY!

Me too Brooke ! I love TIE - such a great song. :smile::guitar::heart:

shunlvswx
05-03-2018, 10:32 AM
Happy 41st Birthday to Life In The Fast Lane.

LuvTim
05-03-2018, 12:46 PM
Yay, LITFL!!💘

FreyFollower
05-03-2018, 02:18 PM
"Life in the Fast Lane" has become such a common US expression that I'm sure many young people would be surprised where it came from. Our weather man referenced it just the other day. So many iconic songs!

New Kid In Town
05-03-2018, 05:27 PM
I love LITFL. I wish I had a dollar for every time I hear someone use that phrase.:hilarious:

shunlvswx
05-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Happy 40th Anniversary to the Eagles vs Rolling Stone softball game. I think I saw that the anniversary was yesterday, but I looked in the Eagles special edition and it had today's date. I couldn't find it anywhere else, but still. Happy Anniversary.

DJ
05-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Boy 40 years ago! Boy do I feel old. My only regret not savings my old Rolling Stone magazines!!:neutral:

shunlvswx
06-14-2018, 10:14 AM
Happy 13th Birthday to the Farewell 1 DVD.

FreyFollower
06-14-2018, 11:33 AM
Happy 13th Birthday to the Farewell 1 DVD.

I wish we had more videos, but I love my F1 DVD. I'm so glad to have it!

Brooke
06-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Wow, 13 years already?!

I remember being so excited to get it! Love!

ETA: Don't even mind the suits anymore although I prefer jeans and tshirts!

shunlvswx
06-15-2018, 09:31 AM
18 years ago today, Don and Glenn were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

sodascouts
07-12-2018, 11:48 AM
What a red-letter day for the Eagles! Their first time ever to play together back in 1971! Thank you, Linda Rondstadt!