PDA

View Full Version : Fire destroys my sister & husband's(preacher) church...

Fan_For_Life
03-01-2009, 09:18 PM
We are thankful for the firefighters who risked their lives to save a building. And to the ones who stood out in a terrential storm(for a good 30 mins) to direct traffic away. And are thankful to God that the church was nowhere around when the lightning struck. It's truely fascinating to see the care and compassion people have for others in times of serious trouble.

The building was standing beautifully on our way up to GA for a family gathering. Prayers of thanks and healing are needed. Some material items were saved, the steeple, the cross, a prayer bench and some very old books. It's very heartbreaking. But very encouraging.

First broadcast:
http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9924184

Fire destroys church, parishoners vow to rebuild

By JoAnn Merrigan (JMerrigan@wsav.com)

Published: March 1, 2009
A church in Tatnall County burned Saturday afternoon, apparently after the building was struck by lightning. The Twin Oaks Baptist Church in Reidsville was home to a congregation of about 100 people.
Sunday, some of the parishoners gathered at the scene to pray. “The congregation is not the building, it’s all of us,“ Reverend Joseph Brock told the group.
Brock says they purchased the building, which was relatively new, in 2003. “We had some tears this morning as we had services, but we still have faith,“ he tells News 3.
Brock is vowing that they will rebuild. “Our faith is being tested for sure,“ he told me. “But I know we’ll be all right.“

http://www.wsav.com/sav/news/local/article/tatnall_county_church_destroyed_by_fire_parishoner s_gather_on_site_for_sund/10029/

EagleLady
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Fan, Thoughts and prayers are with you.

ticky
03-01-2009, 09:46 PM
FFL ~ What a horrible tragedy. Thank God no one was hurt. You have my prayers and thoughts.

Brooke
03-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Mine too, FFL. I'm so sorry.

Koala
03-02-2009, 03:15 AM
I am so sorry to hear that!

Mrs Frey
03-02-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm so sorry to read about your and the church congregation's loss, FFL. With the faith of all of you combined, the church will rise up once again.

TimothyBFan
03-02-2009, 09:06 AM
FFL- I don't even know what to add here. Thoughts are with your family.

Prettymaid
03-02-2009, 09:55 AM
It's amazing what good comes out of people at times of disaster. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Fan_For_Life
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks so much for your support. :grouphug: (this is the cutest smiley I've ever seen)
I haven't heard any updates today. Except they are all doing fine.

LWKUA
03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Your family will be in my prayers also, FFL.

sodascouts
03-03-2009, 11:06 PM
How horrible! I'll pray for them.

Glennsallnighter
03-05-2009, 06:13 AM
Indeed what a horrible accident to happen. At least nobody lost their lives in it or were seriously injured. I'll pray for your congregation FFL. Hopefully it can be rebuilt soon.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-05-2009, 04:13 PM
My thoughts are with your family as well, FFL. This is very sad, but I'm positive that the strength of the human spirit will see them through this.

Fan_For_Life
03-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks again to all of you. I'm going to talk to my sis tonight and get an update. I'm sure everything will be fine. Guess that's why insurance is a good thing.