PDA

View Full Version : Hampton, VA Concert 1-12-09

Ive always been a dreamer
01-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Well, I wanted to go ahead and start this thread since I purchased my tickets yesterday. Unlike most of my previous Eagles concerts, this one is going to be a family affair. It is my Christmas present to my niece and her husband (Screamin' Eagle) and their daughter (Eaglette). As some of you may know, Screamin' Eagle and Eaglette also went with me to the Hard Rock show in Myrtle Beach last summer. That was Eaglette's birthday gift from me. My sister is also going to the show with us (finally, someone paying for their own ticket). :wink:

Anyway, since this show is costing me an arm and two legs, I decided to buy two of the best floor seats that I could find, and then buy the best tickets in the next lower price range at face value that I could find. I figure we can switch seats at intermission so we can all have an "upclose" experience for part of the show. Since I had to find a total of five tickets, I obviously didn't want to wait until I got to the stadium. I found the 2nd tier tickets on Ticketmaster by just checking regularly. They aren't bad - about 2/3 of the way back on the left side of the stage (3rd row, seats 1-3). The section is called the "loge" and consists of riser seats on the floor level. Then, I still had to find the best floor seats that I could at a "reasonable" price. Yesterday, I came across two 6th row floor tickets in the center section on a broker site. Since they were going for face value, I went ahead and decided to go for it. I was tempted to hold out to see if something a little closer opened up, but I'm glad I didn't. The prices today are a lot higher than they were yesterday morning. They may drop again, but I didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of making sure I got them on time, etc. In any event, they are certainly very good tickets.

One other little note - of course, when I say I bought the tickets at face value, that is a bit of a joke. When you buy from brokers, there is always a "handling fee" (in this case, almost $40.00 a ticket) and, of course, the "express delivery" fee of $25.00 - so in reality the tickets were about $50.00 more than face value. However, I'm pretty satisfied with them, and am getting very excited for Monday to get here. :nod: :nod:

Brooke
01-09-2009, 04:18 PM
:yay: Well done dreamer! What a nice aunt you are to spend so much!

Btw, can I be your niece from now on? :lol:

Peekaboo
01-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Great job Dreamer!! You all are gonna have so much fun at the concert. I can't believe the tour is gonna be starting up again in just a few days. The holidays went by so fast.

01-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Btw, can I be your niece from now on? :lol:

Uhh - Hell No!!! I don't need any more nieces, especially if they are Eagles fans. :twisted: :wink:

Peekaboo
01-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Dreamer, i hope i'm as lucky with tickets for the Tampa concert on Jan. 29.

Prettymaid
01-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Dreamer, what a nice gesture by you to offer to switch seats at intemission - I'm not sure I would be so generous!

01-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Aww - thanks PM. But, I've been lucky enough to get up very close at quite a few shows now, so it really isn't as huge a sacrifice as it may seem. I figure Eaglette will be staying up close for the entire show, but the adults can rotate. You can bet I'll be there at some point though. :wink:

Stars
01-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Dreamer, I hope you have a fantastic time at the show tomorrow! I know you will! I can't wait to hear all about it!!:thumbsup:

EasyFeeling
01-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Dreamer, I'm so happy for you. I hope you will have a fantastic time tomorrow... what I'm saying... I know you will have. :partytime: Can't wait to read your review. :)

Glennsallnighter
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Enjoy yourself Dreamer and co! Can't wait for the reviews!!

Peekaboo
01-11-2009, 08:50 PM
I can't wait to hear all about the concert, Dreamer. Have the time of your life tomorrow night and please hurry back with all the details.

GlennLover
01-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Have a ball Dreamer. Blow Glenn a kiss from all us Borderers! Hopefully he will see you there :partytime:.

Peekaboo
01-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Well tonight's the night, Dreamer!! I'm all excited and I'm not even going to be there!! And blow a kiss to the lovely Mr. Henley for us too.

TimothyBFan
01-12-2009, 09:24 AM
I woke up this morning thinking about the tour starting back up today! I'm so excited for everyone here that will be getting the chance shortly to see them. I'm beside myself in anticipation of the reviews we will start seeing here again (starting tomorrow hopefully from Dreamer!). I feel almost as if it's me getting to see them again, I'm so excited. Isn't that just silly that we get that excited about this? My life is so average! :)

Prettymaid
01-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Not silly at all, TBF.

Have a great time Dreamer. We'll be right here waiting!

eaglesvet
01-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I woke up this morning thinking about the tour starting back up today! I'm so excited for everyone here that will be getting the chance shortly to see them. I'm beside myself in anticipation of the reviews we will start seeing here again (starting tomorrow hopefully from Dreamer!). I feel almost as if it's me getting to see them again, I'm so excited. Isn't that just silly that we get that excited about this? My life is so average! :)
I also thought about it on the way to school this am, wondering if the new year will bring any changes to this part of the tour; and realizing that Dreamer will be the first of us to find out! Dreamer, go wild for us all, OK? Look really hard at Joe during Lyin' Eyes, and see if he "dons" the crazy glasses for a brief moment or two...

sodascouts
01-12-2009, 01:43 PM

I think it's a good thing when simple pleasures like sharing in other's excitement can bring you joy.

sodascouts
01-13-2009, 12:31 AM
I guess the concert is over by now. I can't wait to hear all about it!

criminallawyer
04-19-2009, 01:49 AM
Look no more if you need cheap Eagles Tickets .Eagles are an American rock music group that originally came together in Los Angeles, California in the early 1970s. There is an outstanding The Eagles tour coming up soon, so there is no time to Take It Easy anymore! This Eagles band, already existing since 1971, will go on an exclusive tour, which may perhaps be their last one. A concert of The Eagles will naturally feature all their best-known songs was the beginning of their trademark style of songwriting mixed with storytelling and the album "Desperado" was released. For their next record "On the Border," the Eagles added guitarist Don Felder to the lineup. The album's single "Best of My Love" became a number one hit and the record earned them multiple Grammy nominations. In 1975 they released "One of The Nights" and soon after guitarist Bernie Leadon left the band and was replaced by Joe Walsh.