PDA

View Full Version : Memphis concert 11-16-08

DonFan
11-15-2008, 11:53 AM
I am about to head over to Mississippi to meet my friend Lynda and then it's on to Memphis for the concert tomorrow night! :rockguitar:

Neither one of us have a laptop so I probably won't be able to post about the show until I get back home Monday afternoon, but I'll call Soda and give her a report to pass along. We have decided to bring roses like Peek did--Lynda is a huge Timothy fan so she is going to throw a bouquet to him, and I am going to throw mine to Don. I know Glenn has gotten the last few bouquets--no offense, Glenn, but you better keep your mitts off Don's & Timmy's flowers! :twisted: :rofl:

Brooke
11-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Great! Have a wonderful time!

And hurry back! I'm so :jealous: But I'm happy for you!

sodascouts
11-15-2008, 01:12 PM
How exciting! I can't wait to hear back from you! Good luck with those roses. ;)

Peekaboo
11-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm so excited for you Dana!! Can't wait to hear from you afterwards. Have an amazing time!!!

Oh and don't forget the roses, like i almost did.

GlennLover
11-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Have a great time, DF! Since he's not getting any roses tonight, blow Glenn a kiss for me please! :wink:

StephUK
11-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Have a great time. Give Will Hollis a little :wave:from me please.

LOL
Steph

chaleymom
12-10-2008, 05:07 PM
My husband just called me and said

"Eagles, Value City Arena, Columbus, March 29, Mark Your Calendar - Tickets on Sale Monday, December 15"

I said 'SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO! WE ARE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!"

So I apologize if this is 'old news' - but I just found out and I am SO pumped that I get to see them AGAIN in Ohio!!!!

Thanks guys!!

It's their last stop (I think) before heading to Sweden.

I am SOOOO excited!!! :nahnah::partytime::thumbsup:

tbs fanatic
12-10-2008, 06:49 PM
WooHoo! :partytime:

chaleymom
12-20-2008, 01:15 AM
I guess I'll never understand how these ticket places work.... my husband stood in line in Columbus at the box office to hopefully get great seats (floor seats). He was 15th in line, but when it was his turn, the 'best available' was the very last section in the back! :brickwall:

I just don't get it. We decided since we've already seen this tour twice (once when it started in L.A. and then last month in Cincinnati) we may try to pull a "Soda-trick". We figure we'll head to Columbus the day of the show and go to the box office a couple hours early and see if there are any decent seats available. If not, we'll just stay in Columbus and have dinner, then go back home.

I just don't understand how all the great seats are already gone the minute they go up for sale?:-x

eaglesvet
12-20-2008, 02:28 AM
I think "online" sells more tickets faster than "on line." Hopefully you'll have better luck the day of the show!

Stars
12-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Chaleymom,
I have had the same thing happen to me with regard to waiting in line for tickets! Back in the 80's, I slept out ALL NIGHT to get tickets to see Genesis. I ended up WAY up high in the very back section of the balcony!:headshake:
I want to wish you all the best of luck in getting a good seat the day of the concert-perhaps some of Soda's great luck will rub off on you!:)
My husband and I are planning a trip to New Orleans in January, and it just happens to coincide with the concert the Eagles are doing.;)
I am planning to try to get one ticket the day of the show, just like you! I pray that you and I both manage to get a good seat!:pray:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I too, am mystified about the way ticket sales are being handled. It boggles my mind to see that many of the best tickets always seem to wind up in the same hands - the brokers who sell them online for a huge profit. :brickwall: :evil:

In D.C., I bought my tickets at the box office right before the show, and got Row 5 (which I was able to 'upgrade' once inside the arena because there were TWO EMPTY UNUSED ROW 2 SEATS). But even then, I had to ask the clerk to do some extra searching. Each time I went up to inquire, the computer kept bringing up Row 15 seats. However, it is risky business to wait and it doesn't always work out. But even if you don't score Row 5 seats, you may very well get something better than what Ticketmaster is offering.