PDA

View Full Version : Glenn solo concert in Crosslake, Minnesota!

sodascouts
06-10-2008, 10:38 PM
I got a Google alert about the Manhattan Beach Lodge notifying the city council that Glenn will be playing there THIS SATURDAY, June 14.

For more details, check out the GFO Blog (http://glennfrey.blogspot.com/2008/06/glenn-to-play-crosslake-minnesota-june.html)!

I want to go but it's so last minute... we'll see if I can work something out.

Freypower
06-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Good grief, Soda. If you can, do it! :D

Mrs Frey
06-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Soda, YOU GO GIRL! How I wish I could go too! :cry: <sniff>

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2008, 04:10 AM
You GO! Soda! And have a great time! And tell Glenn :heart: his biggest Irish fan says 'Hi' :D . Wasn't it cool that they used your logo? Congratulations. :thumbsup:

I would've loved to go too if the notice hadn't been so short.... I've been thinking lately that I'm really going to have to head stateside if I ever want to see a live Glenn :heart: solo show.

Also I've a prior engagement that night. Neil Diamond in Dublin.

Although if I really had the choice you know which one I'd be going to see!!

Brooke
06-11-2008, 09:50 AM
You must go if you can, Soda! How far would it be for you? Too bad Glenn doesn't set these up a little more in advance.

Very cool they did a little advertising for you, too! 8)

sodascouts
06-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Well, I just called, and the good tickets are sold out. :(

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2008, 11:58 AM

Maybe if you were to mention the use of your logo and associated copyright............. :wink:

sodascouts
06-11-2008, 11:59 AM

Maybe if you were to mention the use of your logo and associated copyright............. :wink:

It might be worth a shot. What have I got to lose?

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2008, 12:07 PM

EXACTLY!!

Molly
06-11-2008, 02:06 PM

Hey, the worst they can do is say no. Give it a try! Should I call, too, and pretend to be your lawyer?

Ive always been a dreamer
06-11-2008, 03:12 PM
I volunteer to help out, too. Molly, maybe we can be the dream team. :wink:

Brooke
06-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Sounds like a very good idea ladies! :nod:

Glennsallnighter
06-11-2008, 05:49 PM
I volunteer to help out, too. Molly, maybe we can be the dream team. :wink:

Or the 'Dreamer Team' perhaps?

Mrs Frey
06-12-2008, 02:40 AM
Go for it, Soda! :nod: I wish I could have weighed in to help myself, but I'm too far away! :(

GA, I think I should employ your services as my manager - you are one sharp lady! :wink:

TimothyBFan
06-12-2008, 06:33 AM
Soda-just like the advice you gave me about a week ago--you should go-especially if that works out telling them about the website-after all they did use your logo on the website without permission (use that for a little leverage when asking for tickets!)

06-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, as much as I’d love to go to this, unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to do it. :weep: I have been checking airfare all week to see it I could get something reasonable on such short notice, but there is nothing. Even though I have a very full weekend planned, I was prepared to rearrange it all to go see this show. Note to Glenn: More notice needed for future shows, please. :wink:

Brooke
06-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Shoot. I'm sorry dreamer! :weep:

TimothyBFan
06-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Dreamer. Hopefully Soda will be able to make it so we get the inside scoop from somewhere!!

06-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh man - I am fightin' mad!!!! I just got one of those Travelocity Email Alerts advising me of fantastic deals on airline tickets in July. I can book the same flights that I wanted to take to see Glenn's shows this weekend that cost almost $900 for the bargain price of $235 in July!!!! GRRRRRR ..... airlines!!!!!:censored:

Freypower
06-12-2008, 07:10 PM
If none of us will be there we can only speculate.

Will he restore the Eagles songs he dropped? Will he play the new Eagles songs that for some inexplicable reason he thinks he can't play with the Eagles?

Mrs Frey
06-13-2008, 02:25 AM
Awww, Dreamer, I'm sorry about your misfortune! :( I can just imagine how angry you must have felt receiving that airline notice! :evil:

FP, hopefully he will give those songs we miss an airing.

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Go for it, Soda! :nod: I wish I could have weighed in to help myself, but I'm too far away! :(

GA, I think I should employ your services as my manager - you are one sharp lady! :wink:

MF! I'd LOVE to be your manager!

Is that job offer open? :wink:

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2008, 08:46 AM
If none of us will be there we can only speculate.

Will he restore the Eagles songs he dropped? Will he play the new Eagles songs that for some inexplicable reason he thinks he can't play with the Eagles?

Yes! Interesting ideas there FP! Maybe he'll follow something along the lines of Fallsview last year. I hope even one of us can make it. Again pity the notice was so short :cry: .

sodascouts
06-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Well, I was able to find tickets. I've decided to go! I know it's crazy, but who knows when he'll do another solo show? And if he performs a new song, I wanna be there to hear it! Plus, I have hopes to once again hear I Love to Watch a Woman Dance, I Dreamed There Was No War, and You Are Not Alone. Those were so wonderful live. Then there's the unreleased I'll Come Runnin' Back to You. It's worth it just for those treats.

I will try to get video, since he seemed cool with it at the Roxy. My photos never come out, however. I just wish someone could come with me. I am sad to go alone but that's the way it is. Not everyone can just hop in their car at the last minute and drive all over the USA.

Luckily a girl who is going contacted me and we can meet up for a while at least, even if she can't sit in VIP with me.

OK, so it's off to the library to return a recalled book, off to the bank to get some cash (I've sworn off credit cards) and then off to Minnesota!

Brooke
06-13-2008, 10:01 AM
:yay: Oh wow! Soda, have a great time! I know you will! 8)

glenneaglesfan
06-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Soda, that's fantastic! You know that we'll all be there in spirit, and I went to the O2 sitting on my own, even though I knew I was going to meet up with MF and GA at some stage, and in the end my seatmate was great company.

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Have a great time Soda! Sometime when Glenn :heart: gives us a little more notice I just might get to join you. I know it might feel a little lonely going on your own but believe me it will be worth it. As GEF said, we'll all be with you in Spirit!

Freypower
06-13-2008, 06:33 PM
I thought you took photos as well as video at the Roxy show?

Have a wonderful time. It will be worth every minute.

sodascouts
06-14-2008, 11:14 AM
I took two photos at the Roxy, but PLS was the one who got the vast majority of them. The artists usually don't like flash, and I have an embarrassing amount of difficulty turning flash off on my camera, so I usually just stick to video. Besides, the memory gets full pretty quickly!

So guys, let me vent a bit. I have truly "suffered for the love" - as Stevie Nicks would say - in order to hear Glenn Frey play. Yesterday, when I got near Madison, I discovered that all the entrances to interstate highway 90/94 were blocked. Apparently there had been flooding, I discovered later. Only there were NO detour signs to tell you how to get back on it, or to indicate an alternate route! I thought I must have missed them, so I circled back a couple times, to no avail. Then, I stopped by a gas station to ask directions, but all the guy could say was "There is no easy way. The highway is closed because of flooding and it is the only direct route." Then he suggested I go north for about ten miles. Only problem - there is more than one highway going north! Which to take?! I blindly just took the first one I came across that had "N" on the sign.

My GPS, which I call "Bridget" for Bridget Jones because I programmed her with a British accent (just coincidence, JoeFan lol), was worse than useless. She kept trying to get me back on 90/94. "Recalculating... U-turn... Recalculating.... Turn left then left... recalculating... Take road back to 90/94... recalculating..." How about recalculating me an alternate route, Bridget?!

I figured, "I gotta do this old school." I dug a crinkled map of middle America out of my glove compartment and laboriously worked out an alternate route that would put me back on 90/94 about 25 miles north. This route took me through the boonies and I began to wonder if I'd made a huge mistake as I saw nothing but silos, barns, and fields surrounding me. Still I persisted, only to discover to my horror that, even 25 miles north, the highway was STILL CLOSED!

Once I spotted those big ugly orange blockades across the on-ramp stubbornly declaring "CLOSED" in cold black letters, I was about in tears. Although I rarely cuss, when Bridget once again "recalculated" and ordered me to get on the closed on-ramp, I started cussin' at her like a sailor! I would've turned her off but I wanted to keep the map on her face visible and I didn't feel like pulling over in some guy's field to figure out how to mute the stupid thing.

As soon as I saw another gas station, I pulled over. Since we were in the boonies, it was the only one around for a long time. I discovered as I parked that there were dozens of cars all there for the same thing, and it wasn't gas. Everyone was desperate to get on 90/94 past the closure. So many people had been asking for help since the closure the night before that the employees at the gas station had actually printed out directions and were handing them out. "You going east or west?" a skinny teenage kid in a striped uniform asked me wearily when I approached the counter, map in hand. "West? OK, take this print out." He indicated a stack to his left. Noticing the look of joy on my face, he warned me, "Don't get too excited - it's gonna be backed up..."

"Who cares? At least I know where I'm going!" I cried, and after spending $1.50 on a bottle of Coke Zero as a "thank you," I started out. What did it matter if it was backed up on the podunk roads? All I needed was someone to put me on a highway and show me a sign to get to 90/94, and I was set. Or so I thought...

It happened around the metropolis of Prairie du Sac - which is about 15 miles from the road that leads to the road that leads to the highway - standstill traffic. Prairie du Sac has a population of approximately 3100 people. I know this because it took me approximately 20 minutes to inch past their population sign. And that was just the beginning...

ALMOST FOUR HOURS later, I FINALLY got back to the highway. After that, it was smooth sailing. But the Madison escapade made a trip that was already 11 and a half hours into a trip that took 15 hours. I got in at 1 am.

So... this show better be DAMN GOOD! But I know it will be - after all, it's Glenn!

rcknalwys
06-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh Soda, what a mess for you, especially since you were on your own with no one to vent with. This crazy weather is really causing a lot of problems everywhere. But I know we are all proud of you for perservering. Now do us proud and "represent" at the concert! Enjoy every minute and report back as quick as you can.

Glennsallnighter
06-15-2008, 02:59 AM
What Strange Weather and so frustrating for you Soda! But I'm sure the minute Glenn :heart: went onto stage last night it was all worth it!

Perfect Little Sister
06-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Oh man! What a head ache Soda! But Glenn's worth it! :wink: I didn't even get off work Saturday until 10:30pm. Siggghhhhh. If only I could have been your partner in crime yet again. Oh well. Glenn needs to book something closer to me one of these times. I simply can't afford the airfare these days. And I need an Eagles/Glenn fix. I've been working my booty off. (At least the kids did laundry for me while I was at work Friday. Now if only I could convince them to give me a foot rub. LOL :roll: )

I am eagerly awaiting all the wonderful details and hopefully pics Soda!!