PDA

View Full Version : Houston & Dallas September

StephUK
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm SO happy right now as I am going to the Eagles shows in Houston & Dallas in September. :D I can hardly believe it! :spin:

At the London O2 show back in March I met 2 ladies from Texas at the ILAA pre-show party. We've been keeping in touch since then and I am going to stay with them for 2 weeks at their home in Houston. We have just got our Eagles tickets for both shows - 5 star ILAA. :yay:

I have never flown alone before & this will also be my first long-haul flight, so it's quite a big thing for me but very exciting.

I never thought that I would get to see the Eagles in the US - and now it's happening. My flight is booked and I'm counting the days. I going to see my darling Will again (twice) soon. :inlove:

EAGLES shows really do change lives :!:

LOL

A very happy Steph

Brooke
07-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Woo hoo, Steph!

Congratulations! :yay: :yay: :yay:

sodascouts
07-17-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm from Texas myself - love the place. Have a great time!

Mrs Frey
07-18-2008, 02:24 AM
:shock: Steph, that is AMAZING, girl! :yay: :yay: :yay: It seems you're embarking on a similar adventure to what I had! I'm so happy for you!

TimothyBFan
07-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Steph-Congrats!!!! You GO!!! I sure wish I had your guts!! I hope the whole experience goes smoothly and you have the time of your life!!!!! :P

glenneaglesfan
07-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Whoo hoo, Steph!!! Do you want a travelling companion on the plane? :wink: Seriously though, that is wonderful for you and how nice to have made some new friends through the Eagles.

Glennsallnighter
07-19-2008, 05:35 AM
Oh Steph, thats brilliant. I hope you have a great time. And Take some more wonderful pics won't you?

StephUK
07-19-2008, 11:35 AM
I'll try to get some photos - all depends on the security guards!! You know I will do my best(I'll smuggle my camera in inside my underwear if necessary!!!!)

I'm counting the days and am very excited. It just goes to show that you never know what's around the corner. A few months back I wouldn't have even dared to dream of going to the US and seeing the Eagles there.

Yes, it's great to have made new friends through an Eagles concert, and they really are true Eagles fans and lovely people.

LOL
Steph

Ive always been a dreamer
07-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Steph - that is absolutely wonderful. I am so glad for you. I hope you enjoy every single minute of your trip here. Now, the next hard part is the waiting. :wink:

siny
07-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Steph, you can stick your camera in your waistband in front (so they can't pat you down) and wear a loose top to cover it. Put black electric tape over all the lights, dim your screen if you can, and don't use flash - it won't do you any good anyway.

Good luck !

Glennsallnighter
07-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Done that :wink:

sodascouts
07-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Steph, while you're in Houston, be sure to check out Escalante's for some delicious Tex-Mex. Best chili con queso in Texas!

SweetHolly
08-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm gonna try to go to the Dallas show. I think one of the tv stations here is having a contest to win tickets and I think the classic rock station might be having a contest too.

Glennsallnighter
08-09-2008, 06:26 PM
I hope you manage to make it there Holly! Fingers crossed for those contests.

AzEaglesFan
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Joe's Fan Club just sent me an update.
Meet and Greet in Dallas, Tx Sat 9/13
and Chicago, Il on 9/25

Mrs Henley
08-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Got the same update! :D

StephUK
09-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Less than a week until I fly out to Texas, and 8 days until the first Houston show. Am I excited? you bet!
I still can't really believe I'm going to be there, seeing the Eagles in the US. :partytime:
Looking forward to seeing my darling Will again too:inlove:

LOL
Steph

Mrs Henley
09-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Less than a week until I fly out to Texas, and 8 days until the first Houston show. Am I excited? you bet!
I still can't really believe I'm going to be there, seeing the Eagles in the US. :partytime:
Looking forward to seeing my darling Will again too:inlove:

LOL
Steph

Aaah Steph that's soo cooooll!!! :D:D:D:D:D Have so much fun!
Wave to Don for me, would you? :)

Prettymaid
09-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Steph, have a safe trip and enjoy the show! I am so envious of you but will soon see for myself in Chicago!

09-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Steph - I know how excited you must be getting. I hope your trip to the U.S. is all that you wish for, and then some. Say hi to Will and the guys for us and, I hope you'll come back and tell us all about it when you can. Be safe and have a blast! :nod: :nod:

StephUK
09-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Aaah Steph that's soo cooooll!!! :D:D:D:D:D Have so much fun!
Wave to Don for me, would you? :)

Of course I'll give Don a wave from you.

I'll wave to each one of them from all of you here on 'The Border'.:bye:

Steph

Glennsallnighter
09-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh Thank you Steph!!

Mrs Henley
09-02-2008, 05:38 AM
Of course I'll give Don a wave from you.

I'll wave to each one of them from all of you here on 'The Border'.:bye:

Steph

Thank you Steph! =]

StephUK
09-06-2008, 01:00 PM
I fly to Texas tomorrow morning. My first Eagles concert is on Tuesday. I am SO excited. As Don's song says......

When the hot September sun down in Texas
has sucked the streams bone dry
and turned the roads to dust......

I'll be there...........and I'll make a point of 'Talking to the Moon'.

Don't know when I'll be able to report back on the concerts, but I will at some time and if I can get some photo's I'll post them.

LOL
Steph

09-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Steph - I am so thrilled for you. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Be safe and have a blast! :thumbsup:

ticky
09-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Oh Steph! How exciting!! I'm with you in spirit! and be sure to blow kisses to Joe from me *grin*

Have a wonderful time!

sodascouts
09-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Have fun, Steph! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Prettymaid
09-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Bye Steph :bye: Enjoy!

Glennsallnighter
09-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Have a great time Steph! Enjoy all the gigs and drooling over Will! And Give Glenn :heart: a special wave for me, will you? Thanks:thumbsup::hug:

DonFan
09-06-2008, 07:50 PM
I fly to Texas tomorrow morning. My first Eagles concert is on Tuesday. I am SO excited. As Don's song says......

When the hot September sun down in Texas
has sucked the streams bone dry
and turned the roads to dust......

I'll be there...........and I'll make a point of 'Talking to the Moon'.

Don't know when I'll be able to report back on the concerts, but I will at some time and if I can get some photo's I'll post them.

LOL
Steph

Steph, I felt much the same way the first time I flew to Texas to see Don.
I love "Talking to the Moon" and I also thought of that song on my trip. I had seen the Eagles before in Atlanta, but Texas was where I actually got to meet Don after his lecture at UNT that fall, so the "hot September sun down in Texas" was shining on me that time too.

Have a TERRIFIC time. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

GlennLover
09-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Have a great time at the concerts (hey it's the Eagles, how could you do otherwise) :partytime:. Enjoy your entire trip to Texas!