09-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Ha! He had better want a visit from Mommy, or else:whip:

Brooke
09-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Well, hubby and I are discussing it!

Keep your fingers crossed for me. And :pray::pray::pray::pray:

Ive always been a dreamer
09-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Oh Brooke - I definitely have my fingers-crossed for you. I know after your front row seats in STL that you must be very spoiled, but remember you can't have the best seat in the house every time. :wink: :twisted:

Prettymaid
09-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, hubby and I are discussing it!

Keep your fingers crossed for me. And :pray::pray::pray::pray:

Wow Brooke, my husband would never understand my wanting to see them again so soon. Well, he would understand but it would be unrealistic. The morning after the concert he jokingly said that I could head back home if I wanted, but he was going to stay and go to the Thursday night show!

TimothyBFan
09-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Wow Brooke, my husband would never understand my wanting to see them again so soon. Well, he would understand but it would be unrealistic. The morning after the concert he jokingly said that I could head back home if I wanted, but he was going to stay and go to the Thursday night show!

PM:hilarious: Did you kick him?
When we parted with you and hubby outside UC, Soda, Larry and I all headed over to the parking lot and there sat 9 identical semi trucks!!! I looked at Larry and said "give me a kiss goodbye because I am now with the band". He told me fine but said you will actually be with the roadies! Works for me--I would miss him tho---about 2014 or so!

Brooke
09-26-2008, 01:10 PM

Ha!

Yes, my husband also thinks we have had our Eagles fix. And that we've blown our Eagles budget sky high! Little does he know that somehow, someway, I'm planning on getting to this one!

If I had my way, I would be at both this one and KC. :whip:

Brooke
09-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey, we're planning to go to this one for sure! I did lots of talking over the weekend! :blueblob:

Now, this is very strange. The official site and Missouri State University has them shown there on Nov. 13th, but Ticketmaster has them at New Orleans, LA! Now what?

And here's the announcement for Springfield:

http://www.news.missouristate.edu/releases/60051.htm

JQH Arena (http://jqharena.missouristate.edu/default.aspx)
Eagles to play inaugural concert in JQH Arena on Nov. 13

Date: September 24, 2008
Brent Dunn, (417) 836-6666

SPRINGFIELD, MO – The Eagles, considered by many to be America’s greatest rock band, will play the inaugural concert in the new JQH Arena at Missouri State University. University officials made the announcement late today (Sept. 24) in conjunction with Live Nation, the concert’s promoter.
“JQH Arena will be a cornerstone of the university and an integral component of student life, but it also will be a bridge to our alumni, the community of Springfield and residents throughout the state of Missouri and beyond,” said Missouri State University President Michael T. Nietzel. “This concert now becomes the first chance to realize that potential. There will be many more.”
The Eagles will perform at 8 p.m. Nov. 13. It will not only be the first concert in JQH Arena, but it will be the first major public event. The university will take possession of the facility on Oct. 24. The home opening Bears basketball game will be Nov. 22; the Lady Bears’ home opener is Nov. 23.
“We had planned for the Nov. 22-23 basketball weekend to be the opening events for JQH Arena,” said Randy Blackwood, executive director of athletics and entertainment facilities, “but when we had the chance to book the Eagles, we jumped at it. What a way for Springfield to get back on the major concert map.
“We owe a special debt of gratitude to Mr. Les Garland and Mr. Mike Ingram, two good friends of the university, who worked with President (Michael T.) Nietzel and Missouri State to make this concert a reality. Quite frankly, had it not been for Mr. Garland and Mr. Ingram, this concert would not have been booked. We very much appreciate their assistance.”
Garland, originator and co-founder of both MTV and VH-1; and Ingram, a Springfield businessman, have been long-time friends and partners in various concert promotion ventures since their early days together in Springfield.
Tickets to the Nov. 13 concert will go on sale at 10 a.m. Sept. 29. Tickets will be available at the Hammons Student Center Box Office, livenation.com, hammonshall.com, or charge by phone to (417) 836-7678 or toll free 1-888-476-7849.

JQH Arena season ticket holders for Bears and/or Lady Bears who are at the $500 per seat assessment or above will be able to purchase tickets Sept. 26-28 prior to the public sale. University officials announced this benefit in August (see: http://www.news.missouristate.edu/releases/58610.htm). Those interested in purchasing season tickets and receiving this benefit may call (417) 836-7678.
“Our season ticket holders at the $500 level and above have made a commitment to support this facility and we appreciate that,” said Brent Dunn, vice president for university advancement. “We think this is a nice benefit to recognize their support. Other major donors also will have the opportunity to purchase tickets in advance. We think the response to this blockbuster concert will be tremendous not only from Springfield, but the entire state and region.”
The Eagles – Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit – will be performing current hits from “Long Road Out of Eden” including “How Long” and “Busy Being Fabulous” as well as their classic songs. The Eagles have sold more than 120 million albums worldwide, earning five #1 U.S. singles and four Grammy Awards. Their “Greatest Hits 1971-1975” is the best-selling album of all time, exceeding sales of 29 million units. The band’s “Hotel California” and their “Greatest Hits Volume 2” have sold more than 16 and 11 million albums, respectively. The Eagles were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.
About Les Garland

Les Garland, a Missouri native who was recently a keynote speaker at Missouri State’s Public Affairs Conference, has had a successful career in the music industry. Beginning as a radio and television personality, he went on to become one of the most influential radio programmers of the 70s, exerting even more influence on the music and popular culture as co-founder/originator of both MTV: Music Television and VH-1.
About Mike Ingram

Mike Ingram is a graduate of Parkview High School in Springfield, and both he and his wife, Barbara, attended Missouri State University. Ingram owns Ingram Enterprises, which includes Fireworks across America. During his career, Ingram also has promoted concerts in and around Springfield. The Ingrams recently endowed a scholarship for Parkview graduates who attend Missouri State University.
About JQH Arena:

The new $67 million JQH Arena is named for John Q. Hammons in recognition of his $30 million gift. The facility has more than 11,000 seats for basketball games, approximately 10,000 seats for most concerts, a grand entrance, 24 private suites, more than 100 loge seats, 55 courtside seats, a Hall of Fame, a team souvenir store and a ticket office. JQH Arena is located just east of Hammons Student Center, with a connecting corridor between the facilities. Ground-breaking for the project was Dec. 21, 2006.
About Live Nation:

Live Nation is the future of the music business. With the most live concerts, music venues and festivals in the world and the most comprehensive concert search engine on the web, Live Nation is revolutionizing the music industry: onstage and online. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Calif., Live Nation is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, trading under the symbol “LYV.” Additional information about the company can be found at www.livenation.com (http://www.livenation.com/) under the “About Us” section.

Brooke
09-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Great! I was online at Live Nation trying to see what tix I could get since 10. Never got in and now it says it's sold out! :-x

sodascouts
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Keep checking back, Brooke. Sometimes tickets will pop up even when they are supposedly "sold out."

Brooke
09-29-2008, 12:25 PM
I've never bought tix from Live Nation before. It's a bit different that TM.

Also, they have no seating chart up to look at! :brickwall:

I wonder why they went through that rather than TM?

Brooke
11-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I still haven't given up completely on going to this show.
Here's an article from MSU's website:

http://jqharena.missouristate.edu/ViewEvent.aspx?ID=3

Eagles 2008 Tour - Long Road Out of Eden

November 13, 2008
Thursday, 8 p.m.

SOLD OUT
The Eagles, considered by many to be America’s greatest rock band, will play the inaugural concert in the new JQH Arena at Missouri State University. The Eagles – Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit – will be performing current hits from “Long Road Out of Eden” including “How Long” and “Busy Being Fabulous” as well as their classic songs. The Eagles have sold more than 120 million albums worldwide, earning five #1 U.S. singles and four Grammy Awards. Their “Greatest Hits 1971-1975” is the best-selling album of all time, exceeding sales of 29 million units. The band’s “Hotel California” and their “Greatest Hits Volume 2” have sold more than 16 and 11 million albums, respectively. The Eagles were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

Glennsallnighter
11-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Well I hope you still manage to make it Brooke. I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

sodascouts
11-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Go to the venue the night of and see what you get - you've got nothing to lose!