PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Bound and Down! July 14th

carol7lynn
07-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Finally, after haunting ComCastTix for the past week, I was able to get an inside aisle seat in section 3 row 2 for face-Joe's side. I had to call to get the ticket though. The computer wouldn't sell me the seat unless I bought a pair. FYI ComCast is great about breaking up tickets for you.

BTW They still have tickets in the same row. Seats 2-8.

I'm pretty sure more primo tickets will drop since ILAA closed sales this morning and I'm sure they have more than 2nd row tickets left over. I'm traveling from Los Angeles and this concert is an add on. Already have front row (Timmy's side) July 19th and third row center July 17thfor Atlantic City. God is good! So I will get to see the show from all possible angles.

Anyone else going?

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow 8)

Mrs Frey
07-04-2008, 02:16 AM
WOW, Carol-Lynn! That is FANTASTIC for you! :yay: :D I hope you have the time of your life.

carol7lynn
07-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks Mrs. Frey.

Anyone know a good Cheese-Steak place near the Wachovia? I'm from Pittsburgh and haven't had a decent Cheese-Steak since moving to Los Angeles 24 years ago nor a decent bagel now that you mention it. We have this Great Steak chain outlet but they're the Taco Bell of Cheese Steaks. Know what I mean. I'm saving all my calories just for that.

Carol-Lynn
Yankle Doodle Girl For Sure 8)
Happy 4th of July :D

Mrs Frey
07-04-2008, 09:40 AM
:rofl:

Carol-Lynn, you're very funny. I'm watching my calories all the time (for when I get to see the Eagles again, you understand :wink: ), and you're just making me hungry! It's winter time in South Africa, and unfortunately, the colder weather brings on the hunger pangs! :shock:

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL OUR U.S. MEMBERS!!!

Brooke
07-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Congrats on going to so many shows and getting great seats to boot, C7L!

We'll certainly be awaiting your reviews! :yay:

sodascouts
07-04-2008, 01:21 PM
There you go again! Congrats on your seats - I hope I am as lucky for Chicago!

carol7lynn
07-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Mrs Frey: I know what you mean about cold-weather weight-gain. I spent the first 36 years of my life in South Western Pennsylvania and we were stuck inside about 3 or 4 months a year with nothing to do but pack on the pounds. Every spring we'd have to take it off.

But that was 24 years ago. I live in SoCal now and I have no excuse and getting the weight off is much harder when you're almost sixty. And, forget about all the fast food ads. I too am trying to shed the weight I gained and like you for the Eagles (as if they care but one can dream) and started Memorial Day week-end. I'm up to walking an hour and a half a day and keep busy doing summer gardening and other homeowner chores. I have lost an entire dress size already. But I have miles to go before, like Robert Frost, I sleep. Good luck with your diet!

Nancy, et al: I will have a ton of reviews and pictures (if I can sneak one in.) Am also going, it's official, to another JWFC Meet & Greet and this time I plan on saying something other than "Ahhhhhhh." As for tickets to Chicago everyone wants one. I'm not going but will monitor ticketing with you guys and hook you up if I notice good seats. Of course everyone probably already knows this but, just in case you don't; start about 2 weeks before the event and query TM morning, noon, and night especially the week before just about when ILAA closes ticket sales.

I noticed yesterday, the 4th, that ComCast started dropping primo tickets for both shows in Atlantic City and they got snatched up by the end of the day. ILAA hasn't closed sales there yet but when they do you can expect more primo seats. I can't imagine them selling many $1,500 seats for either show. Unfortunately, ticket brokers are grabbing them up as quickly as they are released. BTW: Call ComCastTix (1-800-298-4200) for the best seats for either Philly or AC. Be nice but persistent as they can open their interactive seating chart and break up seating clusters for you. They tend to sell the better seats in pairs I noticed. That is how I got the inside aisle seat for Philly.

Have a Nice Day All. Gotta hit the pavement. We've been having a heat-wave in SoCal and I have to get out early or it's to hot to trot!

Chow Bella,
Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow 8)

sodascouts
07-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the tips, and good luck getting that weight off. I'm thinking of joining Curves - I've always put off losing weight because I was getting my degree. I told myself I didn't have the time to dedicate to it, but now I have no excuse!

Thanks for attempting to get some photos and tell us about the show. Good luck with that camera!

Mrs Henley
07-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Woo Hoo Congrats!! Hope you have a great time there!!! :D

TimothyBFan
07-07-2008, 07:38 AM
I am green with envy on how many shows you will be seeing soon!! Have fun and don't forget to report back on everything!!!

Glennsallnighter
07-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Well done on the weight loss C7L! I lost 10 lbs for Glenn :heart: in London. And in the middle of winter too, just after my 40th birthday Hubby thought I was losing it for the party! Lol!). Keep it up girl. Have a great time at all your gigs. We'll be dying to hear the reviews and see the pics!

carol7lynn
07-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks GlennsAllNighter. Yesterday morning I had a tough time sticking to my diet but I did and your words of encouragement are much appreciated.

Today I feel like things are back in control for the first time in two years. I know what you mean Nancy about no more excuses. Long story short, last night I was able to fit into my Eagles' Nokia T shirt. It's a Medium. WhooHoo!

Counting down the days now ladies. They started dropping front row seats yesterday for both Atlantic City shows and scalpers have most of the seats in 3rd row center where I am sitting next Thursday night. I'm anxious to see if those seats go unfilled-especially in front of me. If so I'm moving up.

That happened to me at one of the Nokia concerts here in L.A. last October. Front Row Center didn't show and I was 2nd row center. A couple behind me moved up and made room for me at the stage so naturally I joined them. We were literally pounding on the stage. One of the few venues that let us do that. Most venues now days have barriers. In Newark they had security people sitting behind a waist high barrier. Bahh! I've heard the Borgata doesn't have a barrier and it only holds about 2,400 people.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow 8) :D

Mrs Frey
07-10-2008, 04:01 AM
I've only got round to this thread now, C7L! Wow, your life has been pretty exciting lately. You GO girl! You're doing well with your diet - keep it up! Thanks for the encouragement regarding my diet. I've only got about 2 or three kilograms to lose, but it's still bothering me. I haven't increased a trousers size, but they're sitting tighter on me than I would like. :roll: :blush:

I can't wait to read your up-coming reviews and see more photos. This is really all very exciting. :blueblob:

carol7lynn
07-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks Mrs. Frey.

Wish I only had a few to lose but when my trousers got tight I just bought bigger ones and stopped looking in the mirror. Big mistake. Now I'm paying-double. No more head in the sand. In America we have an epidemic of obesity which leads to everything from increased chances of cancer to diabetes. Anyway, good luck to you too.

Got my Philly ticket from FedEx last night; the show is Monday. What a nightmare. They had a sub driver who couldn't find my address so after 7 hrs on the truck he finally logged it in as "incorrect address." I had been monitoring it all day on-line and after a couple of phone calls (You can't call your hub directly.) I was able to get them to hold it at the hub rather than risk re-delivery today. I have no idea why they don't have GPS systems on-board their delivery trucks. They probably do but lied to cover up. The ticketing company wouldn't do will call for some odd reason so I had it FedExed. Probably would have been faster with regular USPS mail.

But the good news is yesterday while I was taking my walk I found a $5 bill in one of the parks that I walk through. Hopefully, that's a sign of good fortune to come.

By the way, is anyone else going to any of these concerts? 4 more days to go.

Carol-Lynn
soCalGalNow 8)

Glennsallnighter
07-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm delighted to hear you're making such good progress C7L and that your Nokia T-shirt fits again. I think the problem worldwide with obesity is that we are all eating the WRONG kinds of food. Its just why does a rocky road in Starbucks have so much more appeal than a fruit salad :heart: .
Every time I was tempted by sweet or 'bad' food between the announcement of the London gigs and the actual event I just kept thinking Glenn :heart: ,Glenn :heart: ,Glenn :heart: ,Glenn :heart: ,Glenn :heart: ,Glenn :heart: ,Glenn :heart: , (repeat ad lib until craving passed with mental pic of Glenn :heart: in head)
I only made exceptions for my parents 50th Anniversary and my own 40th party which was 5 days before the gig.
Then the PGW was so bad the following week I had difficulty eating anything!!
Unfortunately its beginning to come back. I need Glenn :heart: to announca solo date! :wink: :inlove:

MF! I'm sure you'll lose those few KG's once the weather in SA begins to improve. Its very hard to exercise when iyts windy, cold and pouring rain. Also hard to eat sensibly in the cold weather.

C7Lynn, I hope you have a great night in Philly and look forward to reading your review. I'd love to say I'm going but :cry: . Give Glenn :heart: a wave for me :bye:

carol7lynn
07-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Two more days until I leave for Philly and thanks to everyone for your comments/posts. Much appreciated.

Will wave at Glenn for ya GlennsAll..Wish we were all going. Someday!

Three Days and Counting!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow 8)

TimothyBFan
07-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Two more days until I leave for Philly and thanks to everyone for your comments/posts. Much appreciated.

Three Days and Counting!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow 8)

Have fun and blow Timmy a kiss for me! :wink:

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 08:34 AM

Three Days and Counting!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow 8)

Have a lot of fun!!!! and wave at Don for me :)

And someday we all going together! :D

carol7lynn
07-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Mrs. Henley,

Sounds good to me. The entire front row center reserved for on The Border chat members.

Three Days! WhooHoo!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow
8)

Mrs Henley
07-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Mrs. Henley,

Sounds good to me. The entire front row center reserved for on The Border chat members.

Three Days! WhooHoo!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow
8)

That sounds perfect! :D

Glennsallnighter
07-12-2008, 06:06 PM

Three Days and Counting!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow 8)

Thank you so much C7L! :hug: . Have a great one!
Someday I will join you!

TimothyBFan
07-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Carol--tomorrow is almost upon you!!!! Enjoy and report back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Mrs Henley
07-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Enjoyyyyy :D

rcknalwys
07-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Can't wait to hear about your experience, I'm so happy for you. Enjoy it all. And I second that "blow Timothy a kiss!"