PDA

View Full Version : Keep a Child Alive Benefit

Freypower
03-25-2008, 08:34 PM
This is on GFO, but there isn't a topic here, so:

http://theguide.latimes.com/blogs/soundboard/2008/03/20/will-call-winner-glenn-frey-and-shwayze/

sodascouts
03-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I got on the phone with the venue today and found out a great deal more, all of which I posted here:

http://glennfrey.blogspot.com/2008/03/more-info-on-roxy-show.html

Of special note - Glenn's son Deacon will be playing with him. I hear he's got talent.

I think I'm gonna go! I mean, $25 for a ticket, a bargain price on airfare thanks to a web promotion - it's meant to be! Plus, I don't think I'll be the only one going. ;) Coming in to LA a day early to hit all those famous spots like The Troubadour and Dan Tana's - fun times!

Freypower
03-25-2008, 09:35 PM
:shock:

I might have to request that you get me a couple of postcards from LA, if possible, Soda, if you go.

Regarding Deacon Frey playing, this is a weird feeling. I've idolised his father for so long and now here comes the son (pun intended). Junior rock stars are not necessarily chips off the old block. Apart from Dweezil Zappa and Jason Bonham not too many of them really made it (and really Jason only plays with Led Zeppelin on their rare reunions). Zak Starkey plays drums for the Who and Rick Nelson's sons formed a duo for a while, then there was Wilson Phillips.

I wonder if Deacon sings as well as playing guitar? Good luck to him. I wish him all the best.

sodascouts
03-26-2008, 12:14 AM
I'll try to get some LA postcards for you, FP. I just realized I haven't yet sent the Pebble Beach ones - sorry!

I hear that Deacon sings as well as plays the guitar. Who knows what the future holds for him - remember, he'll be turning 15 pretty soon. He has a lot of time to make "career choices"! I wish him all the best no matter what path he chooses.

Glennsallnighter
03-26-2008, 04:35 AM
I would love to go as well but I don't think I'd even get a visa in time! As well as that with exams coming up I don't think the other half would be too impressed at this. What I would really like to do would be to go to a full 'Glenn :heart: ' concert at some stage. It would be a lot of travelling for 6 songs!

I'm also thinking about The Eagles in Madison Square Garden if it happens later in the summer. Of course they COULD still announce a Dublin date! I've heard rumours.........

I'd also be very interested to hear Deacon play as well. I'm sure he's very talented. Anyone know what date he turns 15. I've so many birthdays this time of the year it could coincide!!

Mrs Frey
03-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Well, all I can do is dream... :cry: :cry: :cry: I'd love to see Glenn :heart: performing solo...

It's great that Deacon is also musically inclined. I'd love to hear him perform.

sodascouts
03-26-2008, 02:51 PM
I sure hope Glenn continues performing solo (at least occasionally) when he has the time, but who knows when that will be? It's a good way to justify going, lol.

I'm infamously terrible with dates GA. I can't help you there. I'm doing good to keep track of the birthdays of my own relatives.

Glennsallnighter
03-26-2008, 07:12 PM
No worries Soda! Isn't Taylor March as well?

If Glenn :heart: did another solo show over here it would be a dream come true! I might even justify the UK for a full show, but I can't see myself being able to take off to the States for 6 songs :( . Much as I'd like to go!

glenneaglesfan
03-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Very interesting! Thanks for the information, Fp and Soda.

And Glenn, please come to Dublin again!! I'd be there like a shot!

Brooke
03-27-2008, 10:24 AM
This would be a very interesting show to go to. I so wish I could! And cheap! :shock:

And it would be so cool to do the Dan Tana and Troubadour tour, too. Someday! :pray:

sodascouts
03-27-2008, 10:49 AM

Yes, her birth is mentioned in this article (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/articles/stpetersburgtimes91.htm). Her birthday was a couple weeks ago. As bad as I am about details, I remember that.

Perfect Little Sister
04-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Four days and counting!
My brother just happens to live in West Hollywood. I've messaged him re the show. I don't know yet if he's going. I don't even know what kind of music he listens to these days. We've rather fallen out of touch in the last decade or so. He's totally into the LA scene and I'm just a small town girl. Odd how siblings can be so different.

Anyway... Roll Call!! Who's going?

sodascouts
04-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Me!

Perfect Little Sister
04-08-2008, 04:27 PM
And me! :wave:

DonFan
04-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Have fun you two!

Glennsallnighter
04-08-2008, 07:04 PM

Yes, her birth is mentioned in this article (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/articles/stpetersburgtimes91.htm). Her birthday was a couple weeks ago. As bad as I am about details, I remember that.

Thanks Soda! Cute article! And Glenn :heart: was right, there was no Eagles reunion :lol: There was however a 'resumption'.

Enjoy yourselves those of you who are going! Dying to hear about it when you all return.