PDA

View Full Version : The Eagles open their US Tour in Atlanta!

DonFan
01-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Upcoming Events

The Eagles
May 14, 2008
On Sale Friday, February 1 at 10am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new venue is coming to Atlanta this summer and we invite you to join the excitement! VERIZON WIRELESS AMPHITHEATRE AT ENCORE PARK is opening with the Eagles in May 2008. Nestled on 45 acres of wooded land, this 12,000 seat modern outdoor venue is just minutes from 400 in Alpharetta GA. The all new Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park will have the biggest variety of entertainment including Rock, Top 40, Country, and Urban, as well as premier performances from the Grammy award winning Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get to see them in their first US city! Hooray!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-25-2008, 11:43 AM
OMG - This is awesome, but what in the world is going on? Are they doing a European tour or a U.S. tour this spring?????? Either way, I ain't complaining about this!!!! :yay: :applause:

Brooke
01-25-2008, 12:33 PM
WOW! Amazing news! Let the games begin! :yay:

sodascouts
01-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I think they are touring the venues that are making it worth their while. ;) As DonFan said, this is a grand opening, and having a top-selling, legendary group like the Eagles open your venue is a coup. They were probably approached rather than vice versa. If that's the case, there might not be more US shows until a later date. We'll see!

But this is wonderfully exciting news!!!

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2008, 05:23 PM
That is great news for you people in the US. Who knows they might announce a few more dates around it (and around the States) Good Luck.

EasyFeeling
01-26-2008, 06:12 AM
Wow, that's great news. :D But what I don't understand it they are going to London, then go back to the USA and then come back to Europe? I don't believe it. I think we Europeans have to wait much longer than expected. Their announcements are very confusing to me. :?

Ok. who is considering to go to that show?

glenneaglesfan
01-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Yay, that's great news for all of you who have waited so patiently since 2005.

Maleah, are you going to get a chance to go to your first ever concert?

01-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Wow, that's great news. :D But what I don't understand it they are going to London, then go back to the USA and then come back to Europe? I don't believe it. I think we Europeans have to wait much longer than expected. Their announcements are very confusing to me. :?

It's confusing to me as well, EF. However, those darn Eagles are famous for pulling stuff like this.

And OBTW - I'm considering, but nothing is definite, yet. My brain is still in the formulative stage. :D :D

EasyFeeling
01-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Sounds like a plan, Dreamer. :wink:

DonFan
01-26-2008, 12:29 PM
I am definitely going! The only question that remains is, how much will ILAA tickets be, and can I possibly afford them? :shock:

Glennsallnighter
01-26-2008, 06:13 PM
I hope you can DF! I'm sure its one you wouldn't like to miss!

Mrs Frey
01-28-2008, 03:52 AM
WOO HOO HOO!!! I'm so happy for you DF! I'm so happy for all of you in the US that you have this opportunity.

DF, regarding the ILAA tickets - you GO girl! Close your eyes and get yourself those! You know you'll never regret it! Just imagine being able to look into Don's eyes :smitten:, and have him look at you :heart:, and have him sing to you... :fainted:

Okay, I'm getting a little carried away now, but you never know!!! :D :D :D

Mrs Frey
01-28-2008, 03:58 AM

It's confusing to me as well, EF. However, those darn Eagles are famous for pulling stuff like this.

And OBTW - I'm considering, but nothing is definite, yet. My brain is still in the formulative stage. :D :D

Dreamer, there's no time for formulation, girlfriend! :wink: :lol: You know you want to go. You know you HAVE to go. Just the possibility that Glenn :heart: will look at you again with those eyes :smitten:, and make you weak at the knees :fainting:, and comment on your blue shirt :D, and perhaps this time give you a set of picks :wink:...

Do you need any more encouragement? :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2008, 04:46 AM
MF! You certainly possess powers of persuasion!!

01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
She sure does, GA. MF - you are slowly breaking down my will. Well - uhh - okay - maybe it's not that slow.

DonFan
01-28-2008, 11:20 AM
WOO HOO HOO!!! I'm so happy for you DF! I'm so happy for all of you in the US that you have this opportunity.

DF, regarding the ILAA tickets - you GO girl! Close your eyes and get yourself those! You know you'll never regret it! Just imagine being able to look into Don's eyes :smitten:, and have him look at you :heart:, and have him sing to you... :fainted:

Oh, I have no problem with that part, Mrs. F. But since I am going to have to use our charge card to buy my ticket, I am just trying to imagine the look in my hubby's eyes when he says, "You paid HOW MUCH to go see Don Henley!?!"

zermie
01-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I am going to be attending the Atlanta show, as the date gets closer we can arrange a pre show meet up. :idea:

DonFan
01-28-2008, 12:57 PM
That sounds good, Zermie. Glad you are coming to the show too!

tbs fanatic
01-28-2008, 12:58 PM
I wish they would just post the tour plan, even if the dates are waaaaay in the future. Now I'm thinking should I wait to see if they come closer to home, should I not - Grrrrrrr!

DonFan
01-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Ticketmaster just posted ticket prices for the Atlanta show from $69.50 to $198, going on sale Wednesday.
Still no ILAA prices though.

01-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Ouch! Hmmm - I bet ILAA ain't gonna be pretty. :wink: :(

DonFan
01-28-2008, 03:28 PM
Even though the prices aren't up yet, ILAA now lists that their tickets go on sale Wed Jan 30 at 2 p.m. The same day as Ticketmaster? This is confusing as hell.

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2008, 06:10 PM

Oh, I have no problem with that part, Mrs. F. But since I am going to have to use our charge card to buy my ticket, I am just trying to imagine the look in my hubby's eyes when he says, "You paid HOW MUCH to go see Don Henley!?!"

Just smile sweetly, say 'I have it saved already' and then bring the subject round to what he'd really like for his dinner :D . :wink:

tbs fanatic
01-28-2008, 06:26 PM
I have the same problem DonFan. Dang those credit cards :lol:

DonFan
01-28-2008, 06:30 PM
But since I am going to have to use our charge card to buy my ticket, I am just trying to imagine the look in my hubby's eyes when he says, "You paid HOW MUCH to go see Don Henley!?!"

Just smile sweetly, say 'I have it saved already' and then bring the subject round to what he'd really like for his dinner :D . :wink:

Great minds think alike. That's exactly my plan, GA. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2008, 06:34 PM
We can get a card over here designed for those who don't have credit cards. You buy them prepaid up to any amount and then use the credit on them to buy goods or services on the net simply by entering a code. If you have such a system you could buy the tickets without them having to appear on your statements. Or you could pay in part and just have a 'normal' amount on the statement. But in fairness I think most of our SO's have been more than supportive in this venture. Bless them :P

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 03:39 AM
She sure does, GA. MF - you are slowly breaking down my will. Well - uhh - okay - maybe it's not that slow.

:lol: Ah, it would seem that class I took (to improve my powers of persuasion) worked! :wink: Thanks for the compliment GA and Dreamer! Mission accomplished (well, almost... :wink: ).

Dreamer, there is no end to your witticisms - and I absolutely love them! :D

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 03:45 AM

:rofl:

Ah yes, the hubby problem. Fortunately that's not something I have to worry about at this stage in my life! :twisted: I think you'll be fine, though, DF. I've read your subsequent post and you seem to have the problem sorted. You know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, after all... :twisted: :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 03:48 AM

Hmmm, GA. You seem to have experience with this... :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2008, 05:42 AM
Wouldn't you know MF! The way to a man's heart (and cheque book :wink: ) is through his stomach. :D

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 08:29 AM
I am going to be attending the Atlanta show, as the date gets closer we can arrange a pre show meet up. :idea:

I hope you have a wonderful time at the show, Zermie! :D

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 08:32 AM
I wish they would just post the tour plan, even if the dates are waaaaay in the future. Now I'm thinking should I wait to see if they come closer to home, should I not - Grrrrrrr!

Oh, I can understand your frustration, TBSF. When I decided to take this opportunity of seeing them in London, it was on the basis that there would be absolutely no chance of them coming to South Africa. However, the second thing I took into account was that I wanted to meet my friends, GA and GEF, so that pretty much was the deciding factor.

tbs fanatic
01-29-2008, 02:43 PM
LOL That would do it for me too :D

DonFan
01-29-2008, 05:17 PM
ILAA just posted ticket prices.
5-Star: $795
4-Star: $395

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brooke
01-29-2008, 05:57 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Same as what it was over here. Its a lot alright. But worth it I'd say! :D

01-29-2008, 06:10 PM
And a few more to show how I really feel:

:brickwall: :woah: :shrug:

DonFan
01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
I remember when the Eagles started touring again back in the 1990s and everyone complained because their tickets were $100.....boy, were those the good old days! :roll:

sodascouts
01-29-2008, 06:26 PM
It may be worth it for the Brits - and I'm so glad you're able to do it! - but here in America with the economy the way it is....

Looks like it's Ticketmaster for me.

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2008, 06:49 PM
It may be worth it for the Brits - and I'm so glad you're able to do it! - but here in America with the economy the way it is....

The economy here is plumetting here too! I'm just lucky that I had some savings and what better to spend it on. Besides its unlikely I'll ever get a chance to see the boys again on European soil so I want to do it in style!

Molly
01-29-2008, 08:10 PM
ILAA just posted ticket prices.
5-Star: $795
4-Star: $395

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/36_11_11-2.gif

I had some pretty lofty plans about getting ILAA tickets a "few times" when the tour finally rolled around. Shows how much I know!

Mrs Frey
01-30-2008, 01:49 AM

The economy here is plumetting here too! I'm just lucky that I had some savings and what better to spend it on. Besides its unlikely I'll ever get a chance to see the boys again on European soil so I want to do it in style!

Yes, it is very expensive. Unfortunately, the economy in South Africa is set to plummet too because of a power crisis we are currently experiencing. It currently costs around 7 South African rands to buy a US Dollar, R10.00 to buy a Euro and a whopping R14.00 to buy a British Pound. It's a lot of money to spend for a three day trip to London for me (and it's going to take from 19:00 on 18 March to 09:00 the following morning to get there), but since I might not get another opportunity, I decided to jump for it. Buying a "standard" ticket is just not worth all the effort for me, despite the substantial dent the ILAA ticket is making in my pocket.

I feel for those of you who desperately want to see the boys again, but who cannot afford the ILAA tickets. I'm fortunate that I'm only responsible for myself at this point in my life, and can afford to splash out every now and then (well, about once every five years, LOL!).

DF, Soda, Dreamer, Brooke and Molly: I hope you'll all be able to make a plan and fulfill your dreams. I know how much it means to all of you. :pray:

sodascouts
01-30-2008, 03:25 AM
I feel for those of you who desperately want to see the boys again, but who cannot afford the ILAA tickets. I'm fortunate that I'm only responsible for myself at this point in my life, and can afford to splash out every now and then (well, about once every five years, LOL!).

DF, Soda, Dreamer, Brooke and Molly: I hope you'll all be able to make a plan and fulfill your dreams. I know how much it means to all of you.

It's OK, MF. I won't die if I don't get ILAA seats. I can still see the Eagles from further back. It's just disappointing, that's all.

EasyFeeling
01-30-2008, 04:39 AM
That's very expensive :shock: but when I think about the current exchange rate *calculating* the 4-Star would only cost me 269 Euros, that's not that bad.

Mrs Frey
01-30-2008, 05:19 AM

DF, Soda, Dreamer, Brooke and Molly: I hope you'll all be able to make a plan and fulfill your dreams. I know how much it means to all of you.

It's OK, MF. I won't die if I don't get ILAA seats. I can still see the Eagles from further back. It's just disappointing, that's all.

I hear you, Soda, but still: a devoted fan like yourself does not deserve to be disappointed. :(

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2008, 05:55 AM
Well hopefully at least you will have other opportunities to see at least one of the Eagles Soda :wink: . Even if he's more in a golfin' mood than a singin mood. I also don't know how likely it would be for Glenn :heart: to play solo over here, while you might get another few solo gigs in the States. I just feel an opportunity like this might never come again.

But I concur with MF! I hope you all manage to go and to meet up and to have a good night regardless of what tickets you have.

01-30-2008, 10:56 AM
MF and GA - I totally don't blame either of you. If I were in your shoes and I thought this may be my only opportunity to see the guys, I would do exactly the same thing as you. You are right, most of us over here will have other opportunitiies. I think I am going to wait and check out ebay and other ticket brokers on the Internet. That's how we got our Oakland and Sacramento tickets. They were expensive, but not as expensive as the ILAA tickets. If I can find a great seat at a "decent" price, then I'll go to Atlanta. If not, I'll wait until another time.

And OBTW zermie, glad to hear you are going to Atlanta, too. :D

Brooke
01-30-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm very disappointed with the price of these ILAA tickets. :cry: It's really rather ridiculous. I'm glad for those of you who are springing for them, but when I told hubby how much they were, he nearly went through the roof. And he's an Eagles fan and wanted the best seat he could get, too! But at $795 a pop? Probably not! When you add in the cost of traveling, hotel, souviner, and food, it's kinda scary!

Weren't the ILAA tickets around $400-$450 for 5 star last time? This is nearly double! It kind of takes the fun out of it for me cause I wanted them so badly and have been saving, thinking I was close to enough for 2 tickets! :x

And, there's really no use complaining. There are too many people willing and able to pay it! :roll:

tbs fanatic
01-30-2008, 12:17 PM

Me too :weep: :weep: :weep:

01-30-2008, 12:37 PM
And, there's really no use complaining. There are too many people willing and able to pay it! :roll:

Unfortunately, I agree with you here, Brooke. As long as people are willing to pay these prices, the old law of supply and demand will rule. I was thinking that maybe they are "testing" the market with the prices here. The only chance of seeing them drop the price is if they don't sell. That's probably not likely, but you never know. As several of us have already said, I had figured that I would try to spring for one ILAA ticket for this tour, but I honestly don't think they are worth $800, so I'll go another route. The best case scenerio is that maybe there are a significant number of others like us out there that feel the same way, and the sales will actually suffer. That's the only hope of seeing any kind of price "adjustment". :cry:

And OBTW - I'm thinking the 5-star ILAA tickets were around $500 for the U.S. F1 tour, but I'm not positive.

glenneaglesfan
01-30-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm sorry that you may not be able to afford the ILAA tickets. They obviously feel that they can sell them, as that is the same price as they are for the London gigs. The 4 star package is much cheaper for Atlanta - for London it is $799 for 5 star, $699 for 4 star. I had my finger over the button for a 5 star, and would have gone for it if they had guaranteed first three rows, but if I'd got 10 rows back in a side block I would have been less than thrilled. Having said that, I'm confident from your past accounts that those of you who have taken the plunge are likely to be in front or second rows. Dreamer, although I was grumbling about the touts buying up Ticketmaster and selling on Ebay, I'm pleased with the ones I have bought, which cost less than half of the ILAA package for two tickets. Not first three rows, but close enough.

How much is the airfare to London these days? :wink:

01-30-2008, 03:34 PM

:D :D :D

Well, last time I checked, which was a couple of weeks ago, they were about the same as they were last year - between $1,300 and $1,400. :weep: :brickwall:

sodascouts
01-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Well hopefully at least you will have other opportunities to see at least one of the Eagles Soda :wink: . Even if he's more in a golfin' mood than a singin mood. I also don't know how likely it would be for Glenn :heart: to play solo over here, while you might get another few solo gigs in the States. I just feel an opportunity like this might never come again.

But I concur with MF! I hope you all manage to go and to meet up and to have a good night regardless of what tickets you have.

I'm sure we will!

And please don't feel like you need to apologize or justify your decision to purchase ILAA tickets. I say, if you can afford it, more power to you!

DonFan
01-30-2008, 04:20 PM
And please don't feel like you need to apologize or justify your decision to purchase ILAA tickets. I say, if you can afford it, more power to you!

Well, I can't really afford it, but......
mission accomplished, ticket purchased. I am going!

Freypower
01-30-2008, 06:50 PM

At least Soda has seen Glenn play solo shows and has met him at Pebble Beach and will do so again next week.

Down here we have to take the most basic crumbs we can get. I estimate the end of 2009.

AND I don't get to meet other people on this board.

I don't want to complain, but people in the Northern Hemisphere have it reasonably good, one way or another.

sodascouts
01-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Yes, I realize how lucky I am to live in America.

Perfect Little Sister
01-31-2008, 03:25 AM
FP, my dream is to one day manage a trip to Australia. (Hopefully you and I will not be too old and wrinkled and forgetful by the time I manage it. :lol:)

Glennsallnighter
01-31-2008, 07:40 AM

Well I got 4 flights for €244 from Dublin which would probably leave change from $400. Not bad!

Glennsallnighter
01-31-2008, 07:43 AM
At least Soda has seen Glenn play solo shows and has met him at Pebble Beach and will do so again next week.

Down here we have to take the most basic crumbs we can get. I estimate the end of 2009.

I don't want to complain, but people in the Northern Hemisphere have it reasonably good, one way or another.

No! I Know what you are feeling FP! Even living in Ireland it can be pretty isolating.

We too have said when the kids get a bit older we may travel to Australia for an extended holiday. It would be great to meet up!

Mrs Frey
01-31-2008, 08:34 AM

I would like to meet you too, FP.

As for Australia getting only basic crumbs, at least you get crumbs. South Africa doesn't even get crumbs! :roll: :lol:

Mrs Frey
01-31-2008, 08:43 AM

Well I got 4 flights for €244 from Dublin which would probably leave change from $400. Not bad!

My SINGLE flight from Cape Town cost 8,800 South African Rand (divide by 14 to get Pound Sterling, divide by 10 to get Euros and divide by 7 to get US Dollars - sorry FP, I don't know what the rate is against the Aus Dollar).

OUCH. :evil:

01-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Glad you got your tickets, DF. I will start checking the Internet in a few weeks to see if anything becomes available that I am interested in. It is such a shame that this has become the only way to get really good seats for a concert without spending $800.

And MF, you are right - ouch on that plane ticket. However, like I said before, for you this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so YOU GO GIRL! :D :D

sodascouts
01-31-2008, 08:23 PM
I went to Australia back in 1990, and it is one of my favorite places in the world to visit!

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 08:30 AM
And MF, you are right - ouch on that plane ticket. However, like I said before, for you this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so YOU GO GIRL! :D :D

Thanks, Dreamer. I'm facing some rather nasty upheavals in my life right now, so at least I have something to look forward to.

Glennsallnighter
02-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Keep focussed on London MF! :hug:

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Awww, GA. :hug: :hug: :hug: Thanks, my girl. I'll try!

Brooke
02-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Congrats from me too, DF, on getting those tickets. I know you are going to have an amazing time and am very :jealous:

I'll be another one checking out ticketmaster, if they add any more dates, that is.

glenneaglesfan
02-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Congratulations on the tickets, DF! Good luck to you getting decent tickets too, dreamer, Soda and Brooke.

MF, that airfare is astronomical, but it will worth it!

FP, I'd like to visit Australia some day, so maybe we'll get to share some Eagles enthusiasm one day. It's a pity you can't come over.

Brooke
02-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, from the official site, the 5 & 4 star tickets are sold out and they have added another Atlanta date!!!!! May 16th.

Edited to add:

Actually this was on the ILAA site. Which I went to from the official site.

DonFan
02-01-2008, 11:48 AM
I just found that out too! I am thinking about buying regular seats (all I can afford this time) and going again!

02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the tip, Brooke. DF, I went over to Eagles Online Central to see if you had posted this information. I didn't see it, so I went ahead and posted it since Soda is unavailable. As I was checking the official site, I noticed that there are actually two more shows that have been added - one on May 16 and the other on May 17. Hmmm - these guys sure know how to tempt us. :D

DonFan
02-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for posting that, dreamer.

I decided to take a gang of my friends and go back again on Saturday night and see them again--from the lawn seats--all I can afford at this point! :wink: I can't resist a two-fer, especially when they are so close to me!

Brooke
02-01-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't blame you a bit, DF! Sounds fun! 8)

02-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Well, from the official site, the 5 & 4 star tickets are sold out.

Oh well, so much for my wishful thinking that the tickets are priced too high and sales may suffer. If I were a betting girl, I'd say that $800 5-star tickets are here to stay. :cuss:

DF - that is great that you are going to two shows. With the announcement of these dates, my plans may change since these are weekend dates. I'll have to see what kind of "deal" I can find on ticket prices online. :roll: :D

Brooke
02-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh well, so much for my wishful thinking that the tickets are priced too high and sales may suffer. If I were a betting girl, I'd say that $800 5-star tickets are here to stay. :cuss:

I agree. It's really shocking to me that people will spend that much money on a concert. Just a few years ago I was completely blown away at having to give $150 a ticket! Yep, no boing back on that price now. :enraged: :cuss:

Glennsallnighter
02-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I just found that out too! I am thinking about buying regular seats (all I can afford this time) and going again!

I think you should DF!

EasyFeeling
02-03-2008, 05:18 AM
DF, you are so lucky, going to two shows. :D It's a lot of money what they want for a VIP ticket and they are sure worth it but I wouldn't pay so much for a show no matter what band it is. :roll:

DonFan
02-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Music columnist Bob Lefsetz agrees with us about the outrageous prices for concert tix these days. Here is part of today's column:
--------------------------------------------

Do you remember the Christmas Club? That's where you opened an account at the bank, and deposited fifty cents, maybe even a dollar or five, each week, so you'd have enough money for Christmas presents at the end of the year. So you wouldn't find yourself peering into store windows BROKE!

Soon we're gonna need Concert Clubs. Savings accounts for concerts. I mean who can afford to go more than once a year? Not many, that's why we've got to put the ducats on sale LIGHT YEARS before the show takes place.

Used to be that concert tickets were not much more expensive than movie tickets. Now, they're a monthly car payment. Instead of live music being a regular habit, it's like going on vacation, a once a year event, that you look forward to that doesn't always deliver. Wouldn't it be better to go to multiple shows, and get immersed in the live experience?

OF COURSE NOT! BECAUSE I NEED MY @#$%ING MONEY!

LiveNation, AEG, the agents and promoters are going to make concertgoing such an exclusive privilege that the only ones able to go are themselves. The regular public is not only being priced out, they're being insulted. And with fewer great acts to see, and the people with the bread wanting to be up close and personal, who is going to go anymore?

It's not only Celine Dion, putting her shows on sale over a YEAR in advance. Springsteen sold next summer's shows before winter had technically started. Now, in today's "New York Times", there's an advertisement for James Taylor's Tanglewood shows IN JULY!

Promoters want to block out all competing events. They want to get your bread before you blow it on dinner or a dress. Before some other crusty act decides to tour this summer, or a new act arrives and steals JT's thunder. We need an edict. That you can't put tickets on sale more than two months out. Certainly not more than three.

Is anybody in it for the long term? Does anybody care about the fan? Is money the only thing that matters? Are we going to take every dollar from the table before everybody else in order to insure that WE'RE rich?

Don't tell me everybody's fine with it. They're not. TicketMaster is as hated as the major labels. As stated above, concertgoing is no longer a casual event, but planned way in advance, like going to college. Amazing that in the name of greed, no one's looking to the future.

--

Mrs Frey
02-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Congratulations on the tickets, DF! Good luck to you getting decent tickets too, dreamer, Soda and Brooke.

MF, that airfare is astronomical, but it will worth it!

FP, I'd like to visit Australia some day, so maybe we'll get to share some Eagles enthusiasm one day. It's a pity you can't come over.

Thanks, GEF - I know it will, especially because I'm going to be sharing the experience with two very dear friends. :hug: And a tot! :wink:

Dreamer, Soda and Brooke: I also hope you get some good tickets without breaking the bank.

FP, I feel for you girl, but I'm sure you'll get to see the boys and your beloved Glenn :heart: sooner than you think. I'll be holding thumbs for you. Your dedication and devotion should certainly be rewarded.

Mrs Frey
02-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Thanks for posting that, dreamer.

I decided to take a gang of my friends and go back again on Saturday night and see them again--from the lawn seats--all I can afford at this point! :wink: I can't resist a two-fer, especially when they are so close to me!

DF, you GO girl! :D

Mrs Frey
02-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Music columnist Bob Lefsetz agrees with us about the outrageous prices for concert tix these days. Here is part of today's column:
--------------------------------------------

Do you remember the Christmas Club? That's where you opened an account at the bank, and deposited fifty cents, maybe even a dollar or five, each week, so you'd have enough money for Christmas presents at the end of the year. So you wouldn't find yourself peering into store windows BROKE!

Soon we're gonna need Concert Clubs. Savings accounts for concerts. I mean who can afford to go more than once a year? Not many, that's why we've got to put the ducats on sale LIGHT YEARS before the show takes place.

Used to be that concert tickets were not much more expensive than movie tickets. Now, they're a monthly car payment. Instead of live music being a regular habit, it's like going on vacation, a once a year event, that you look forward to that doesn't always deliver. Wouldn't it be better to go to multiple shows, and get immersed in the live experience?

OF COURSE NOT! BECAUSE I NEED MY @#$%ING MONEY!

LiveNation, AEG, the agents and promoters are going to make concertgoing such an exclusive privilege that the only ones able to go are themselves. The regular public is not only being priced out, they're being insulted. And with fewer great acts to see, and the people with the bread wanting to be up close and personal, who is going to go anymore?

It's not only Celine Dion, putting her shows on sale over a YEAR in advance. Springsteen sold next summer's shows before winter had technically started. Now, in today's "New York Times", there's an advertisement for James Taylor's Tanglewood shows IN JULY!

Promoters want to block out all competing events. They want to get your bread before you blow it on dinner or a dress. Before some other crusty act decides to tour this summer, or a new act arrives and steals JT's thunder. We need an edict. That you can't put tickets on sale more than two months out. Certainly not more than three.

Is anybody in it for the long term? Does anybody care about the fan? Is money the only thing that matters? Are we going to take every dollar from the table before everybody else in order to insure that WE'RE rich?

Don't tell me everybody's fine with it. They're not. TicketMaster is as hated as the major labels. As stated above, concertgoing is no longer a casual event, but planned way in advance, like going to college. Amazing that in the name of greed, no one's looking to the future.

--

Thanks for posting this article, DF. I've highlighted my favourite line, and my response to that is: monthly car payment? Try salary! :evil:

Marla
02-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi all!
I'm a newbie here, but a long-time regular on another eagles' message board. I'm afraid I have to agree with Bob L. on this one. The fabulous Eagles have just about become a luxury I cannot afford. I feel a little bit better about it now that someone else, even someone related to the music business has voiced concern.

DonFan, I really wanted to get to Atlanta, but I think I'll have to pass this time. By the time I found out about the extra dates, they were sold out. If I was a close to Atlanta as you are, I'd still consider it, & I'm so happy that you & some of your Eagles buddies are getting to go. Wish I could've joned you. :cry:

I'm hoping to catch them later in the tour in a city nearer to me, & hope that some of the smaller venues won't be so pricey. I would have paid the Ticketmaster prices, but the seats just weren't available.

Anyhow, thanks for posting the article, & please provide us with detailed reviews. Have fun! :D

tbs fanatic
02-04-2008, 03:20 PM
BobL is right on the money on this one. It's crazy.

glenneaglesfan
02-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Margie, I agree that the ILAA tickets are astronomical. I don't think it's the guys who set these VIP package prices, but ILAA, who know what they can make. The Ticketmaster prices in London weren't too bad, but if you were working and couldn't get on at 9am, you missed the chance of getting decent seats at the basic price. By the time I had a look in the afternoon, all the best seats were sold out, so against my principles I bid over the odds on Ebay and got half decent seats. It remains to see if these tickets turn up... :?

Glennsallnighter
02-04-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm sure they will GEF, but I'll keep my finger crossed for you. :D

Mrs Frey
02-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi all!
I'm a newbie here, but a long-time regular on another eagles' message board. I'm afraid I have to agree with Bob L. on this one. The fabulous Eagles have just about become a luxury I cannot afford. I feel a little bit better about it now that someone else, even someone related to the music business has voiced concern.

DonFan, I really wanted to get to Atlanta, but I think I'll have to pass this time. By the time I found out about the extra dates, they were sold out. If I was a close to Atlanta as you are, I'd still consider it, & I'm so happy that you & some of your Eagles buddies are getting to go. Wish I could've joned you. :cry:

I'm hoping to catch them later in the tour in a city nearer to me, & hope that some of the smaller venues won't be so pricey. I would have paid the Ticketmaster prices, but the seats just weren't available.

Anyhow, thanks for posting the article, & please provide us with detailed reviews. Have fun! :D

Welcome to The Border, Marla! It's great to have you here! :yay:

I'm sorry that you missed the opportunity to book tickets for the Eagles in Atlanta, but I hold thumbs for you that you will get to see them in a city near you soon.

Mrs Frey
02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Margie, I agree that the ILAA tickets are astronomical. I don't think it's the guys who set these VIP package prices, but ILAA, who know what they can make. The Ticketmaster prices in London weren't too bad, but if you were working and couldn't get on at 9am, you missed the chance of getting decent seats at the basic price. By the time I had a look in the afternoon, all the best seats were sold out, so against my principles I bid over the odds on Ebay and got half decent seats. It remains to see if these tickets turn up... :?

Oh my gosh, GEF - don't talk like that! :shock: :pray:

tbs fanatic
02-05-2008, 10:48 AM
That is something that would worry me about buying tickets on Ebay. Fingers crossed that they are winging their way towards you right now.

DonFan
02-07-2008, 10:05 AM
They have added a fourth date in Atlanta now--May 20.

Mrs Frey
02-08-2008, 05:01 AM
That's great, DF. Are you going a third time, then? :twisted: :wink:

DonFan
02-08-2008, 10:45 AM
That's great, DF. Are you going a third time, then? :twisted: :wink:

I wish! But now I have to start saving my money for Don solo shows!

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2008, 04:27 PM
At least you get Don solo shows DF! We don't get any Glenn :heart: solo shows over here :(

DonFan
02-08-2008, 04:35 PM
I feel your pain, GA.
There is just never enough of our guys to go around!

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks DF! You know you're absolutely right!

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 04:35 AM
At least you get Don solo shows DF! We don't get any Glenn :heart: solo shows over here :(

We don't get ANY shows! :cry: Group or solo! :cry: :cry:

katherine5832
03-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Guess where I'm going to be on May 20th?!? I broke down yesterday and bought a ticket for the final Atlanta concert! I can't believe I did it, but I'm going! I decided I was not going to wait for them to come to me (although I'm sure I'll go see them when they swing through Michigan). So, I've got my ticket, my flight, hotel, and car booked and I'm ready! I'm going to be about 25 rows back/center stage (hello, Don!). It's not the first row, but it'll be the closest I'll probably ever be to them. I can't wait! :D

sodascouts
03-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Excellent!! I know you'll have a blast, girl!

Glennsallnighter
03-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Thats wonderful Katherine! I'm delighted for you. I hope you have a great time!!

DonFan
03-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Glad you have decided to go, katherine! Too bad we will be at different shows--I will be there May 14th & 17th and you will be there the 20th. Anyway, between the two of us, we can offer a comprehensive report of all the Atlanta shows but one.
I can't wait!

Freypower
03-30-2008, 07:42 PM
DF, could you post a link to the full version of your signature photo. I don't remember seeing that one and it's very nice. Thanks.

DonFan
03-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks, FP, I thought it was a nice photo too. I sent you a PM about it.

Mrs Frey
03-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Katherine, I'm so happy for you, girl! :yay: :D I hope you have a fantastic time at the concert, and I hope that Don sees you!

DF, may I join FP in admiring your new AV. I also happen to think your signature is quite exquisite. :sigh:

FP, how I adore your new AV! When I opened the London programme and saw it, I screamed! :blush: It looks even more glorious in colour! :shock:

Glennsallnighter
03-31-2008, 08:06 AM
I have to agree with this. The first thing MF said to me on meeting in London was 'Have you seen this?' showing me that very pic!

glenneaglesfan
03-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Katherine, congrats on getting your Atlanta ticket. It will be worth it, I can assure you! What a pity you and DF are going on different nights. It's such fun to meet up with fellow Borderfans!

Fp and DF, love your new avs and sigs, and GA and MF, yours are superb too - just so nice to get your own pics of the guys!

Glennsallnighter
03-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Yes! I know mine isn't a classic by any photographers standard GEF but I feel a certain thrill that I took it myself. The personal aspect you understand! Thanks for the lovely comments about it :hug:

Freypower
03-31-2008, 10:52 PM
My av also makes nice wallpaper, a nice user account photo, and a cute little desktop icon. :D

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2008, 03:26 AM
It does indeed FP! Its absolutely gorgeous and a really classic pic to boot! IMHO it is one of the finest ever taken of Glenn. I wish I dared to display it somewhere as its one of my favourites. DF your sig banner is fantastic as well.

samo
04-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Katherine5832,
I'll be there on May 20th also! My tickets are to the right of the stage; but that's OK. The main thing is that we will be there! Already dusting off my camera. :thumbsup:

glenneaglesfan
04-05-2008, 06:04 AM
How cool, Samo!! I hope you can get to meet up. It really enhances the Eagles experience to meet with fellow fans!

katherine5832
04-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Katherine5832,
I'll be there on May 20th also! My tickets are to the right of the stage; but that's OK. The main thing is that we will be there! Already dusting off my camera. :thumbsup:

Awesome, Samo! You're right, the main thing is that we're there. Maybe we can meet up somewhere to say "hi."

It really enhances the Eagles experience to meet with fellow fans!

My sister thinks I'm nuts for going by myself. I told her that once the lights go down and the music starts, I'm just one of tens of thousands of Eagles fans so who cares if I'm by myself? I'm among "friends" either way!

Glad you have decided to go, katherine! Too bad we will be at different shows--I will be there May 14th & 17th and you will be there the 20th. Anyway, between the two of us, we can offer a comprehensive report of all the Atlanta shows but one.
I can't wait!

Awww, too bad we're not going to the same show, DF. I would've liked to caught up with you too. Have fun at your shows!

DonFan
04-05-2008, 09:28 PM
My sister thinks I'm nuts for going by myself. I told her that once the lights go down and the music starts, I'm just one of tens of thousands of Eagles fans so who cares if I'm by myself? I'm among "friends" either way!

My sister lives in Atlanta and she thinks I'm nuts too--she refuses to go with me--so I am going with another Eagles buddy. My sis doesn't "get" this whole thing, either. :roll:
But you are so right--once the music starts, we are all one huge group of Eagles' fans, and it is fantastic! :nod: :headbang:

Glennsallnighter
04-06-2008, 05:01 PM
You are all so totally right! In fact I'm ashamed to say that I was actually quite glad that hubby WASN'T there with me :blush: . It gave me more freedom to 'express myself'. I think he would have cramped my style a little without meaning to. I wanted to be able to yell GLENN :heart: :iloveyou: as loudly and as often as I liked. I'll be going on my own in future......unless MF or anyone else here cares to accompany me :wink:

Enjoy yourselves!

samo
04-07-2008, 07:49 AM
I definately would like to meet up with anyone from the board that is going on May 20. My hubbie is coming along with me. He knows that I am excited about it, but he hasn't seen anything yet! Wait 'til we get there and especially when the lights go down. I'm already doing a day by day countdown. :D

Mrs Frey
04-07-2008, 08:45 AM
You are all so totally right! In fact I'm ashamed to say that I was actually quite glad that hubby WASN'T there with me :blush: . It gave me more freedom to 'express myself'. I think he would have cramped my style a little without meaning to. I wanted to be able to yell GLENN :heart: :iloveyou: as loudly and as often as I liked. I'll be going on my own in future......unless MF or anyone else here cares to accompany me :wink:

Enjoy yourselves!

Well, GA, if I can afford it, and the boys make an appearance in Dublin, I'll be right by your side once again! :nod: And if they ever come to Cape Town, I hope you'll be able to join me! :pray:

Mrs Frey
04-07-2008, 08:47 AM
I definately would like to meet up with anyone from the board that is going on May 20. My hubbie is coming along with me. He knows that I am excited about it, but he hasn't seen anything yet! Wait 'til we get there and especially when the lights go down. I'm already doing a day by day countdown. :D

I'm so happy for you, Samo! I hope you'll have a fantastic time. I know exactly how you'll be feeling when the lights go down! :nod: :fainting:

rcknalwys
04-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Don't feel bad about going alone, I went to 4 concerts all by myself and trust me, you won't be the only one screaming! There is so much excitement in the air around you that you won't feel like you're alone, and as has already been said, you'll be free to scream all you want. Just enjoy every minute....and don't forget to share your experience with the rest of us.

DonFan
04-17-2008, 02:52 PM
I just found out that Joe is doing a M&G for fan club members before the May 14 Atlanta show. If I pay $50 to join Joe’s fan club, I can meet him. I may do this--I love Joe and I have never had a chance to talk with him before.

I just have one question, however:

Why doesn’t DON do this too?????

sodascouts
04-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Ooh, do it DF! You won't regret it! I wanna meet Joe too someday. Wouldn't it be great if he did one before the show at the Hard Rock Park?

Glennsallnighter
04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
I just found out that Joe is doing a M&G for fan club members before the May 14 Atlanta show. If I pay $50 to join Joe’s fan club, I can meet him. I may do this--I love Joe and I have never had a chance to talk with him before.

I just have one question, however:

Why doesn’t DON do this too?????

I have another question

Why doesn't GLENN :heart: do this too??????. I'd pay far more than $50 to join his fan club if I could meet him.

Glennsallnighter
04-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Uh! I've just had a thought.............

Does Glenn :heart: HAVE a fan club? Apart from here of course.

And if so, does anybody know about it?

Just a thought..............................

Brooke
04-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Very cool news, DF! Of course, you MUST do it! Don did do them the last time he toured solo.

And I agree, why don't they ALL do this? Lots of groups do this kind of thing. Actually, they should do this with the VIP ticketholders. But since people are buying them with out any kind of m & g, why should they start now?! :roll:

samo
04-17-2008, 04:40 PM
"Why the M&G on May 14th??? Why not the May 20th show??" This is what I was yelling at my computer today when I saw the info about it. I would definately pay the $$ to join the fan club just to get to meet Joe!! I'd even pay for my hubby to meet him too. :D

I would even drive to Atlanta on the 15th for the M&G and then back on the 20th for the concert. I'm only about 60 miles away.

OK gang, this might be a stupid question, but....I wonder if you could go to a M&G without having tickets for that nights show?? Does anyone know?? :?: :?:

DonFan
04-17-2008, 04:42 PM
I joined! I am really looking forward to meeting Joe!

I know Don did M&Gs the last time he toured solo, but I don't think he has ever done them on an Eagles tour. That's what I meant. Anyway, I SO hope Don does them again on his next solo tour--I will be first in line!

Samo, according to info on the Joe Walsh Fan Club site, you must have a ticket to that night's show to attend the M&G.

04-17-2008, 04:59 PM

GA - Glenn does not have a fan club or an official website. In addition, he does not usually do M&Gs either. There have been a few occasions that he did a M&G at a solo show, but it is very rare. My guess is when he does do them it's because of a contractual obligation with the venue where he is appearing. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mrs Frey
04-18-2008, 02:44 AM

I know Don did M&Gs the last time he toured solo, but I don't think he has ever done them on an Eagles tour. That's what I meant. Anyway, I SO hope Don does them again on his next solo tour--I will be first in line!

Samo, according to info on the Joe Walsh Fan Club site, you must have a ticket to that night's show to attend the M&G.

That's FANTASTIC, DF! :yay: I'm so happy for you! I'd love to meet Joe too - he seems very approachable, down-to-earth and friendly.

Of course, it goes without saying that I would love to meet all the others as well, especially Glenn :heart: - sigh. Oh well - a girl can dream. That's all I can do being geographically challenged and all! :roll:

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2008, 04:26 AM

GA - Glenn does not have a fan club or an official website. In addition, he does not usually do M&Gs either. There have been a few occasions that he did a M&G at a solo show, but it is very rare. My guess is when he does do them it's because of a contractual obligation with the venue where he is appearing. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks Dreamer. I knew he didn't have an 'official' website but just thought there might have been a club! I must TRY to get to one of those venues where he has 'Contractual obligations' :wink:

Soda, can I also say God help anyone trying to set up an official site for Glenn :heart: . This site would be one tough act to follow!

sodascouts
04-18-2008, 11:02 AM

Awesome, DF! I can't wait to hear about this. Makes me wish I was going after all, although I abandoned the idea of Atlanta for the Hard Rock Park.

Samo - that does suck for you. I'm so sorry!

samo
04-18-2008, 11:06 AM
SodaScouts--yep it does suck big time; but.....I am trying to talk my husband into going the 14th also......there are tickets still available......

I've got my fingers crossed!

sodascouts
04-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Soda, can I also say God help anyone trying to set up an official site for Glenn :heart: . This site would be one tough act to follow!

Thanks! I figure, if Glenn does that album he talked about at Pebble Beach, we'll get one. That's when all the guys set up a site - when they've got a solo album to promote. The exception is Joe, who got himself - and the Eagles! - a site years ago, back in 1995, according to this article (http://www.joewalshonline.com/articles/usatoday95.htm). Now THAT is called "ahead of the curve." What foresight!

When Glenn gets an official site, it'll have a professional designer who'll make it pretty cool - but it won't have as much stuff. That's the way it is for official sites as a rule. I'm not too worried. GFO (http://www.glennfreyonline.com) will still be right under it and Wikipedia on Google! ;)

ETA: Best of luck, samo!

glenneaglesfan
04-18-2008, 12:20 PM
That's true, Soda, you'd be a hard act to follow!

Df, that's terrific news about the meet & greet. I hope you do get to meet Joe. He seems a lovely person at these occasions - look at the great reception WM and Toon had when they met him, and he seems happy to sign things as well.

Samo, best of luck working on your husband! You deserve two shows, especially being so close!

Dreamer, maybe you could get your chance at last on this tour.

04-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Good for you, DF. Glad you are going to get to meet Joe. The only advice I can give you is don't listen to anything I say. :wink: I'm sure you'll have a great time. I so wish that they would announce a M&G in Charlottesville. Maybe I could actually make that one on time! :shock:

samo
04-18-2008, 03:36 PM
I hope that everyone who wants to meet Joe (including myself) will get to at some point. I think that getting to meet him (or any of the other guys) would be the coolest!!

Maybe if there is a great turnout in Atlanta, that will inspire them to schedule more.

tbs fanatic
04-18-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm so excited for you DF (and a little jealous, of course) :D I'd love to meet Joe he just seems such a fun and genuine guy. Of course his ex's probably don't think so :lol:

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2008, 05:12 PM

Thanks! I figure, if Glenn does that album he talked about at Pebble Beach, we'll get one. That's when all the guys set up a site - when they've got a solo album to promote. The exception is Joe, who got himself - and the Eagles! - a site years ago, back in 1995, according to this article (http://www.joewalshonline.com/articles/usatoday95.htm). Now THAT is called "ahead of the curve." What foresight!

When Glenn gets an official site, it'll have a professional designer who'll make it pretty cool - but it won't have as much stuff. That's the way it is for official sites as a rule. I'm not too worried. GFO (http://www.glennfreyonline.com) will still be right under it and Wikipedia on Google! ;)

No I wouldn't worry either! You have such a lot of stuff on this it would have to be #1 for anyone looking for solid information on both the Eagles and Glenn :heart: . I'd say after the initial curiosity 'hits' on a new site this one will remain above it on both Wikipedia and Google in the long run.

sodascouts
04-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh no, I didn't mean it would be above the official site, nor should it be. However, I do hope to one day jump over Wikipedia! lol

DonFan
04-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Time to start my countdown, too:

14 DAYS!!!

Glennsallnighter
04-30-2008, 11:52 AM
OOOH DF you must be so excited. I know I was by this stage! I'm very :jealous: .

No, Thats not fair! I had my night too. I hope you have a great one :thumbsup:

Brooke
04-30-2008, 01:07 PM
:yay: Have a good time, DF! I'm sure you're excited! 8)

DonFan
05-07-2008, 11:25 AM
7 DAYS until the first concert!

AND my M&G with Joe--I can't wait! Then...

3 MORE DAYS until the second concert!

:blueblob: :blueblob:

samo
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
I am right there with you Don Fan.

7 long, long, long days......

Mrs Frey
05-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Oooh, I feel your excitement, DF! I just wish I was going with you!

05-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Me too - I know you all will have a great time in Atlanta. I can't wait to see if they make any changes from the European dates i.e. clothing, set list, etc.

DonFan
05-09-2008, 01:00 AM
I got an email from ILAA tonight with my parking pass attached. It told me which lot was reserved for us, and I was instructed to print the pass in color and have it displayed on my dashboard at all times.

Won't be long now! 6 days!

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Doesn't it get soooooooooo exciting when that email comes through DF! :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: . Like its real, its happening and its nearly here! Have you prepared what you intend wearing?

DonFan
05-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I think I will wear a pair of capris and a bright yellow scoop-neck t-shirt with lace around the neck. I don’t know how close our seats will be, but I figured that bright yellow top might help me get noticed!

5 DAYS!

samo
05-09-2008, 10:34 AM
DonFan--I think capris will be a good idea. I don't know what I am wearing yet. I know I better be making my mind up!

Have you looked at the seating chart yet? It will give you a pretty good idea of how the seating is laid out, unless you are sitting on the lawn. I don't know how they will do that.

Where are your seats?

DonFan
05-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I don't know where our seats are yet, Samo. My buddy Lynda & I bought 4-Star ILAA for Wednesday night and they don't give you your tickets and seat assignments until 6 p.m. the night of the show, which is maddening. Plus we will be there early anyway for the Joe M&G, so I'm not sure how all of this will be handled.

Since I am going to two concerts, ILAA Wed night and general admission Sat night, it will be interesting comparing the two experiences. I'm just happy I get to see the guys two times in one week!

Where are your seats?

samo
05-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Our seats our in the orchestra section 2 row L. I guess you could say it's about center stage. We (me & my hubby) will be at the M&G for Joe too. Maybe we will get to meet each other. :D

DonFan
05-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Let's plan on it!

sodascouts
05-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Don't forget to take notes on the setlist, ladies. I'm praying that they haven't dropped anything!

DonFan
05-11-2008, 04:11 PM
I hope all the mothers out there are having a wonderful Mother's Day. My daughters gave me several sweet presents, including a book of the 40 Best Rolling Stone Interviews and the CD Soundtrack of Across the Universe, but my best present of all will happen in

3 DAYS!

I am also praying they don't drop anything from the set list. I can't wait to hear NMWITW & WITW live. :heart:

Glennsallnighter
05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Do any of the Eagles feature in the RS interviews DF?

I'm glad you are having a great mother's day. Hope the steaks were to your liking.

I hope too that you get to hear NMWITW and WITW. They were great in London!

katherine5832
05-11-2008, 06:36 PM
3 DAYS!

I am also praying they don't drop anything from the set list. I can't wait to hear NMWITW & WITW live. :heart:

DF, in case I don't get a chance to post in the next few days, I hope you have a wonderful time!

DonFan
05-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Thanks, everyone!
Katherine, I know you are also going to see them in Atlanta, so I hope you have a terrific time too.

And GA, no Eagles interviews in the RS book, unfortunately. But it includes John Lennon, Joni Mitchell, Brian Wilson, Mick Jagger, Bruce Springsteen, and many others, and the interview with David Geffen, done in 1993, does mention Glenn & Don. Geffen said, "Don Henley and Glenn Frey had been signed by a company called Amos Records. I bought their recording contract and their music publishing rights, which were owned by Amos, for $5,000. And I gave then back half their publishing. People just didn't recognize these people's talents." He also said he & Joni Mitchell lived together for awhile and that Joni wrote "Free Man in Paris" about him.

Mrs Frey
05-12-2008, 02:37 AM
I hope all the mothers out there are having a wonderful Mother's Day. My daughters gave me several sweet presents, including a book of the 40 Best Rolling Stone Interviews and the CD Soundtrack of Across the Universe, but my best present of all will happen in

3 DAYS!

Ooh, DF, I'm so excited for you! You're going to have a fabulous time! :nod:

DonFan
05-12-2008, 09:41 AM
2 DAYS!

Just checked the weather and there's a chance of thunderstorms for both Wednesday and Saturday night in Atlanta. I have covered, close ILAA seats for Wednesday night, but Saturday night I have lawn seats, and since this is an outdoor venue--I reeeeeally hope it doesn't rain! :pray:

samo
05-12-2008, 09:53 AM
as long as it does not storm like it did Saturday night ......and the winds yesterday were terrible......I think it well be a great night!! :wink:

glenneaglesfan
05-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh, Df, I do hope the weather stays off for you. Take some waterproofs and you'll be fine! (Why am I reminded of a concert in New Zealand?!)

DonFan
05-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I just got my final info about Joe's M&G for Wednesday night. It says no cameras and no autographs! :(
What do you guys think I should I do? I already had my album cover of Hotel California ready to take with me, and I will have my camera with me too, of course. I know I have seen individual pics of Joe with people from other M&Gs. :?:

Freypower
05-12-2008, 07:45 PM
DF, I would take them. You'll regret it if you don't. Take the chance.

sodascouts
05-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I say, go ahead and take the stuff, DF. The worst they can do is say no.

I saw a piece on the news about the tornadoes in Georgia and thought of you guys. Glad to know it missed Atlanta, although of course I'm sad for those who were hit.

Mrs Frey
05-13-2008, 02:40 AM
Oh DF, I really hope the weather holds for your second show! :pray: I want things to be perfect for you - I know how important it is to you.

As for taking your camera and album cover for the M&G with Joe, I agree with FP and Soda - TAKE THEM! I didn't think I'd get to take photos at the London concert, but I took my camera anyway, and it worked for me. Surely the organisers realise what a special moment it is for the fans to meet one of their heroes, and they would want to have it photographed. I'm sure Joe would be the first to remind them of this.

JoeFan
05-13-2008, 03:04 AM
Take them, and the best of luck to you!

Glennsallnighter
05-13-2008, 07:09 AM
Similarly, the ILAA email said no cameras but I decided to rake mine anyway and was damn glad I did. I a way it was a no brainer as I had wanted pics with GEF and MF as well. I had it in my bag discreetly and was able to take both video footage as well as pics. I'd have gone mad if I'd 'obeyed' :wink: the email!

You would never forgive yourself if the opportunity for either a pic or an autograph slipped you by.

Bring them and have 2 great evenings.

Molly
05-13-2008, 07:20 AM
I agree with everyone else, DF -take the camera and album...and good luck!!

Fingers crossed for good weather!

And....have a blast!!!!

Brooke
05-13-2008, 10:57 AM
I agree. Take both! You will never forgive yourself if you don't and then you are allowed to take pics and get autographs. Been there, done that! :roll:

Maybe they are going to take their own pics and give you a link to a website to download them from. They did that with Don's a few years back.

Have a wonderful time!

We will be waiting for your review and praying that you have good weather. :pray:

DonFan
05-13-2008, 11:05 AM
1 DAY!

Thanks for all the advice & well wishes, everyone. I am planning on calling Soda as soon as the concert starts and saying one word: either SUITS or PLAID!!! :wink:

samo
05-13-2008, 11:15 AM
1 DAY 1 DAY 1 DAY!!!!!!

I am really starting to get excited now! I am treating my best friend to the May 20th show with me. She is going through a divorce and she is now able to go do what she wants. I told her she is going to have a blast!

Wow seeing the guys twice in a week......unbelievable!

glenneaglesfan
05-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Df and Samo - have a wonderful time!!!

DonFan
05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
That is exactly how I feel, Samo--twice in one week is amazing. :nod:
That is nice of you to treat your friend. I wish I could've afforded good seats for both nights--but the lawn seats will be fine, at least I will be seeing them twice. Did you buy good seats for both nights?

samo
05-13-2008, 11:41 AM
I was able to get good seats for both nights. I bought the May 20th seats in February. They are in section 101, not far from where the lawn seating starts. The seats for tomorrow night I bought last Friday and they are in the center orchestra section.

The only way I was able to get these tickets was buying them 3 months apart! I was not planning on going to the two shows, but when the info came out about the M&G, I knew I had to try and find a way to go.

P.S. I will have my camera with me too at the M&G. I am not leaving it in the car.

05-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow DF and Samo - Have a WONDERFUL time. I hope you both get a chance to meetup and introduce yourselves. We can't wait to hear all about it.

Mrs Frey
05-14-2008, 02:16 AM
OOOH! Your excitement is palpable! I'm so happy for both of you, DF and Samo!

Samo, how are you going to react in Joe's presence? :shock: :wink: Do you think you might just :fainted:? :wink: You are wonderful to treat your friend to a show - I'm sure she appreciates it very much, especially given her circumstances.

DF, be sure to get PLENTY of eye contact with Don! :twisted: :wink:

Travel safely, girls!

samo
05-14-2008, 08:18 AM
MF--I don't know how I will react. Knowing me I will probably be so excited, I won't know my own name!! :P

I know one thing for sure--I have never been able to do something like this before--I don't really know what to expect. :?:

Brooke
05-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Expect to be completely blown away! :D

Have a wonderful time all of you that are going! I know you will! :D

Glennsallnighter
05-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Samo and DF, Have brilliant time. I know you will. Travel safely and we will all be waiting with bated breath to see how you both get on!

rcknalwys
05-14-2008, 12:32 PM
For all who are going to tonight's concert, have a safe trip and ENJOY! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Molly
05-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Have fun, ladies!!! I'm so excited for you!