PDA

View Full Version : Eagles kick off LROOE tour in London!

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
01-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Just saw this on http://www.eaglesband.com !

January 14, 2008 – EAGLES TO KICK OFF "LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN WORLD TOUR" WITH FOUR CONCERTS AT LONDON O2 ARENA
Following the fantastic success of their No. 1 album Long Road Out of Eden, the Eagles will play four shows at London's prestigious 02 Arena on March 20, 22, 23 and 26, 2008 to mark the kick-off of the "Long Road Out of Eden World Tour." Tickets for the O2 Arena concerts will go on sale on Friday 18 January at 9am.

Box office tel: 0844 856 0202 or www.ticketmaster.co.uk (http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk)

The O2 Arena concerts will debut an all-new stage production and the band - Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit - will be performing current hits from Long Road Out of Eden including "How Long" and "Busy Being Fabulous" as well as classic songs such as "Hotel California," "Desperado," "Take It To The Limit," "Life In The Fast Lane," and "Take It Easy."

Eagles last toured the UK in 2006 with their sold out "Farewell I" tour, including shows in Birmingham, Dublin, Glasgow, and highlighted with final performances at London's Twickenham Stadium and Wembley Arena.

The Eagles have teamed up with iloveallaccess.com to offer the ultimate fan experience for the upcoming 02 Arena concerts featuring a variety of VIP ticket packages. For more details go to www.iloveallaccess.com (http://www.iloveallaccess.com)

-------------------

I checked out ILAA - $700 for the 5 star packages (first 10 rows) and $350 for the 4 star (first 20 rows). The shows aren't listed on the TicketmasterUK site yet.

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2008, 06:35 AM
Thanks Soda! Thats Easter week. Schools will be off!

Great! Now I know what the family can get me for my 40th!

WOO HOO HOO! just had a thought!

It wouldn't be entirely unlikely that they'd organise a Dublin date around this ......................

I'm so excited!

EasyFeeling
01-14-2008, 06:40 AM
After doing some research it seems I will get to see them too! :D :D :D :yay:
No tour dates yet but 4 German cities are already listed here:

http://www.ticketbande.co.uk/concerts/tid/326/tickets/eagles-tickets-eagles-tour-2008-eagles-tickets-eagles-concerts-eagles-tourdates.html

Now I can't wait for the dates!!!

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2008, 06:49 AM
Good luck with them EF! I wonder will they do Dublin.....

EasyFeeling
01-14-2008, 06:55 AM

Same for you, GA. :wink: I've never thought they would come back so soon. I thought they would go to either Australia or America first.

JoeFan
01-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Oh, I didn't expect to see them again so soon! What great news!

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2008, 07:45 AM

Same for you, GA. :wink: I've never thought they would come back so soon. I thought they would go to either Australia or America first.

So did I. I thought that it'd be late 2008 or even 2009 before they made it to Europe! They sure spring surprises!

Mrs Frey
01-14-2008, 07:53 AM
OH MY WORD, OH MY WORD, OH MY WORD!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeze let there be a South African date! :pray:

Good luck to those of you who are on the tour list so far!

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2008, 08:40 AM

I don't think they will! I've just remembered the venue that they would use (the Point Depot) is under recostruction at the moment and it would be too cold for an outdoor gig!

EasyFeeling
01-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Ah, too bad. But what about the UK?

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Ah, too bad. But what about the UK?

Its a definite possibility. With this notice it should be easy enough to get cheap flights on the internet as well although Easter weekend is a holiday one. Still, we'll see! The 6 year old has put he name on a ticket. Can't bring her without the 3 year old! (Actually he'll be 4 by then). Can't go without her either of there'll be hell to pay :armed: :sword: :lightsaber: . We might make a mini bredak out of it! But will have to run it by hubby first. (He hasn't a hope! :lol: )

Toonlass
01-14-2008, 11:55 AM
On behalf of WM may I repeat what she said on the phone when I told her....

"Arrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

At least, I think thats how you spell it :D

This site lists the prices

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Music-Review/the-eagles-announce-london-o2-arena-dates-2008

"Tickets for the shows, which are being held to mark the kick-off of the Long Road Out of Eden World Tour, go on sale on Friday, January 18 at prices of £70, £85, plus a limited number of Golden Circle tickets at £110."

tbs fanatic
01-14-2008, 12:22 PM
And they are going to do a tour in America WHEN exactly????????????? I am pleased for you guys across the pond but come on - we have been waiting a long time over here.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah - I know what you mean, tbs fanatic. In spite of being very happy for those across the pond, I have to admit I had an initial WTF kind of reaction. :blush: Oh well, I guess we'll just have to be patient. I would bet good money that more European dates will be announced. Those darn unpredictable Eagles!!!! :wink:

What really gets me is that I had vowed to plan an extended vacation around their next European tour. I have never been to Europe and have always wanted to go, so I thought that would be the perfect plan. However, I was figuring that it probably would be 2009 before that happened. I'm not sure that it's in the cards for me to put something together so quickly. How did you spell that Toonie - Arrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

BTW - I really am happy for you European fans. I guess I have to be philosophical about it and acknowledge that we really do have more opportunities to see the guys over here than other fans. BUT STILL! {insert pouting emoticon}

tbs fanatic
01-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I know - honestly, I'm a bit ticked off :evil: :lol:

EasyFeeling
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
In spite of being very happy for those across the pond, I have to admit I had an initial WTF kind of reaction. :blush:

BTW - I really am happy for you European fans. I guess I have to be philosophical about it and acknowledge that we really do have more opportunities to see the guys over here than other fans. BUT STILL! {insert pouting emoticon}

You can't imagine how often that happens to me, Dreamer! http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif And I don't feel sorry for you because usually we Europeans are the ones who are left out in the cold. :twisted: :wink:
Nah, seriously, as you said you have the most opportunities to see them, not to speak about the solo shows. They have so many fans outside the USA and this time it's our turn. :wink:

01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Well, okay then, EF. Crap!!!!! :brickwall: :wink: :twisted:

Brooke
01-14-2008, 03:02 PM
This is wonderful news, of course, but still. We are past due here. :(

Maybe, since this might be their last world tour, they are planning to start it away and end up back home for the grand finale? Just a thought.

Claire
01-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Wow! I just have to hope they will plan a date for a show in France... it would be my first Eagles' concert :)
I understand your frustration out there though, and I think you may be right Brooke, if this is their last tour, it sounds logical to me that they might play their last show in the US! :wink:

tbs fanatic
01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
I thought that too.

sodascouts
01-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Regarding Ireland - I remember reading this a few weeks ago:

http://www.sundaylife.co.uk/news/article3255873.ece

I don't know if it means anything because the promoters might not have been successful, but at least they're trying!

Like the other Americans, I'm jealous - sometimes they'll play songs at the first show that they'll later drop. I had determined to go to the first show for just that reason, but... it doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

EasyFeeling
01-14-2008, 05:17 PM
lol Dreamer. :wink:

Like the other Americans, I'm jealous - sometimes they'll play songs at the first show that they'll later drop. I had determined to go to the first show for just that reason, but... it doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

Oh, I haven't thought about that possibility. But that doesn't mean we get to see a better show. Maybe they want to try out some songs and see what works best live. Who knows... I don't care as long as these 4 guys are on stage. :wink:

Freypower
01-14-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm really happy for European fans, but I think it's high time that setlist had a substantial revamp. That means a lot of new songs and dropping some of the older material.

I am sure the American tour, when it starts, will be extensive.

I still don't expect them to tour Australia until 2009.

Brooke
01-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Just saw this on http://www.eaglesband.com !

January 14, 2008 – EAGLES TO KICK OFF "LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN WORLD TOUR" WITH FOUR CONCERTS AT LONDON O2 ARENA
Following the fantastic success of their No. 1 album Long Road Out of Eden, the Eagles will play four shows at London's prestigious 02 Arena on March 20, 22, 23 and 26, 2008 to mark the kick-off of the "Long Road Out of Eden World Tour." Tickets for the O2 Arena concerts will go on sale on Friday 18 January at 9am.

Box office tel: 0844 856 0202 or www.ticketmaster.co.uk

The O2 Arena concerts will debut an all-new stage production and the band - Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit - will be performing current hits from Long Road Out of Eden including "How Long" and "Busy Being Fabulous" as well as classic songs such as "Hotel California," "Desperado," "Take It To The Limit," "Life In The Fast Lane," and "Take It Easy."

Eagles last toured the UK in 2006 with their sold out "Farewell I" tour, including shows in Birmingham, Dublin, Glasgow, and highlighted with final performances at London's Twickenham Stadium and Wembley Arena.

The Eagles have teamed up with iloveallaccess.com to offer the ultimate fan experience for the upcoming 02 Arena concerts featuring a variety of VIP ticket packages. For more details go to www.iloveallaccess.com

-------------------

I checked out ILAA - $700 for the 5 star packages (first 10 rows) and $350 for the 4 star (first 20 rows). The shows aren't listed on the TicketmasterUK site yet.

Can't wait to see that "all new stage production"!

I'm hoping they work up more than 2 songs from LROOE, too! Surely they will! :pray:

sodascouts
01-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Glenn made a point of saying that if they toured again, they'd do SEVERAL new songs off of the album. Now, he said this back in November so it's possible he's changed his mind, but I have a good feeling about it!

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Regarding Ireland - I remember reading this a few weeks ago:

http://www.sundaylife.co.uk/news/article3255873.ece

I don't know if it means anything because the promoters might not have been successful, but at least they're trying!

Interesting article Soda! Just wondering where they'll play??

I might try London anyway! If I can work out the logistics!

DonFan
01-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Just got the ILAA notification.
5-star in London is $795!!
4-star is $325-$395!

With no M&G. :shock:

I wonder how much tix will be here in the US?

01-14-2008, 06:28 PM
:fainting: :fainted:

glenneaglesfan
01-14-2008, 06:32 PM
OMG, so soon. It's wonderful news, but how am I going to get it past SO? I may have to miss this and be gutted. Feel my pain.

Molly
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Hubby has to go back to Germany for work the end of April or the beginning of May and he wants me to go with him this time. Could I be lucky enough for the German dates to work out to be at the same time we are there? <Fingers crossed!>

glenneaglesfan
01-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Yea, go for it, Molly! At least you have an excuse for combining business with pleasure! (Maybe you need to go out earlier to check out the accomodation, and check the Eagles itinerary at the same time!).

01-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Hubby has to go back to Germany for work the end of April or the beginning of May and he wants me to go with him this time. Could I be lucky enough for the German dates to work out to be at the same time we are there? <Fingers>

Hmmm - If so, could I be lucky enough to talk Ditka into hiring an assistant to make the trip with the two of you! :twisted:

katherine5832
01-14-2008, 09:05 PM
This is awesome news! :yay: No matter where it starts, I'm just glad that the tour is starting - and so soon! I'm very envious of our fellow Eagle fans in England. I can't wait to hear about all of your concert experiences.

rcknalwys
01-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Did anyone else get an email about a contest to win 2 free tickets from the official website (eaglesband.com) for one of the London shows? How cool is that? Wouldn't it be great if one of our board members won?

DonFan
01-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Yes, I got the email about the contest.
I think it would be a lot "cooler" if the contest had included airfare. I can't enter because all you win are tickets--you still have to be able to afford to fly to London and to stay in a hotel. Come on, as much money as the guys have, don't you think they could have made this a REAL Grand Prize, including airfare, accomodations, and tickets? I just entered a contest on the Hard Rock Cafe site to attend the Grammys, and their Grand Prize does include airfare and accomodations. I am very disappointed about the Eagles' contest.

sodascouts
01-15-2008, 01:20 AM
Did anyone else get an email about a contest to win 2 free tickets from the official website (eaglesband.com) for one of the London shows? How cool is that? Wouldn't it be great if one of our board members won?

That WOULD be cool! Too bad I can't enter because I can't afford to travel overseas to see them.

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 04:17 AM
Yes, I got the email about the contest.
I think it would be a lot "cooler" if the contest had included airfare. I can't enter because all you win are tickets--you still have to be able to afford to fly to London and to stay in a hotel. Come on, as much money as the guys have, don't you think they could have made this a REAL Grand Prize, including airfare, accomodations, and tickets? I just entered a contest on the Hard Rock Cafe site to attend the Grammys, and their Grand Prize does include airfare and accomodations. I am very disappointed about the Eagles' contest.

Now you understand how we all felt when the LROOE preorder and T-shirts were USA only and also when the tix to win to the Nokia shows were USA only! :roll:

But I happen to agree with you. A package would be great!

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 04:20 AM
OMG, so soon. It's wonderful news, but how am I going to get it past SO? I may have to miss this and be gutted. Feel my pain.

I hope you manage to. These dates do NOT suit my SO :roll: He's working either the day or night of each of them! But I'm still hoping!!

Mrs Frey
01-15-2008, 04:43 AM
Well, after the initial shock of this news coming so soon, :woah: I had some time to ponder and think. And ponder and think. :hmm: Is it possible? Can I make one of these Eagles gigs?

The truth is I can, but it's going to cost me! :weep: I've been saving up for this for the past year, believe me, but I thought I'd have more time to save so that I could feel more financially secure.

The only thing is, if I pass this up now, I might not get another opportunity, and that terrifies me. It really does. I love the Eagles SO much, and it would be a dream come true if I get to see them live and up close. OH, I have so much to think about and plan. I've never travelled abroad before! I've only travelled out of my home town once, and that was up-country! Daunting is not the word! I'm going mad!! :crazy: I have to make this decision within this week, otherwise I also run the risk of losing out on the best tickets!

EasyFeeling
01-15-2008, 05:08 AM
Hubby has to go back to Germany for work the end of April or the beginning of May and he wants me to go with him this time. Could I be lucky enough for the German dates to work out to be at the same time we are there? <Fingers>

I don't want to sound negative but there are still NO dates, just 4 cities listed. And it's not an official ticket seller but a broker site. I haven't read one word on the site where I usually get my tickets from.

MF, you know life is too short and who knows what happens in the future so take all your money and GO! :D

Perfect Little Sister
01-15-2008, 05:41 AM
OK, so I know what I want for my birthday this year. :P

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 06:02 AM
So do I! And its in February! How convenient! :D

Mrs Frey
01-15-2008, 06:11 AM

I don't want to sound negative but there are still NO dates, just 4 cities listed. And it's not an official ticket seller but a broker site. I haven't read one word on the site where I usually get my tickets from.

MF, you know life is too short and who knows what happens in the future so take all your money and GO! :D

Yes, EF, I hear you. I've been thinking along those lines for quite a while now, even before I read about these concerts. Events in my life over the last two and a half years have made that glaringly obvious. :( I hope I can pull this off. :pray:

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 07:30 AM
You Can!

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm definitely going

On the 20th March!!

DonFan
01-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Congrats, GAN!! We want a full report!

Mrs Frey
01-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Well, I've decided. I'm going to see the boys on 20 March. I'm going to try and co-ordinate my trip with GA - we still have to work out the details!

My mind is actually numb from all the thinking, but I know I can pull this off. It's something I need to do.

EasyFeeling
01-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Well, I've decided. I'm going to see the boys on 20 March. I'm going to try and co-ordinate my trip with GA - we still have to work out the details!

My mind is actually numb from all the thinking, but I know I can pull this off. It's something I need to do.

Definitely! :wink: Congratulations, GA and MF! :yay:

Brooke
01-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Yikes! This is awesome! Congrats Gan and Mrs F! You gals are gonna have a wonderful time! :yay:

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Of course we'll give you that report DF! And it will be the first night so it will be hot off the press!!

I know a few other things that will also be hot that night :wink:

GEF? Not putting you under any pressure or anything but......? :wink:

01-15-2008, 12:42 PM
OMG ladies - That is so wonderful. Now, if you want to accept a little advice from one of your elders, please consider springing for the extra money to get really good seats if at all possible. Trust me, you won't regret it. You will have a great time either way, but sitting in the first few rows will give you a whole new concert experience. :nod: I am so happy for both of you, and we will be expecting DETAILED reports.

tbs fanatic
01-15-2008, 01:18 PM
OMG - I am so excited for you. Ye Gods that is a lot of money - even if this might be their last tour that is a heck of a lot of money to ask someone to come up with.

When do you think they will play in the States?????? Summer, Fall????? What do you think?

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 01:54 PM
OMG ladies - That is so wonderful. Now, if you want to accept a little advice from one of your elders, please consider springing for the extra money to get really good seats if at all possible. Trust me, you won't regret it. You will have a great time either way, but sitting in the first few rows will give you a whole new concert experience. :nod: I am so happy for both of you, and we will be expecting DETAILED reports.

The plan is VIP tickets. We know they're expensive but hey this is a once in a lifetime chance!! And it might be the only time my daughter gets to be so close to HER Idol!

Hopefully we'll get to the detailed reports......if we can tear our eyes away from Glenn :heart:

EasyFeeling
01-15-2008, 02:39 PM
The plan is VIP tickets. We know they're expensive but hey this is a once in a lifetime chance!! And it might be the only time my daughter gets to be so close to HER Idol!

Hopefully we'll get to the detailed reports......if we can tear our eyes away from Glenn :heart:

Oooooh, I doubt you will be able to manage this. :twisted: I could not. :blush:

VIP tickets, that's great! :D They didn't offer it here the last time I went to their show. But I have no problem with that as long as I get a seat in the first 10 rows. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
01-15-2008, 03:07 PM
20 March, that's a Thursday and my day off. I'd have to take Friday off, but if I could plead a girls' night out I might try it. Do you go for the Golden circle tickets or the full ILAA package? ILAA is out of my budget realistically. Actually, I'd like just to be there and meet up with any of us who can make it. I'm resigned to not getting eye contact!

EasyFeeling
01-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Ooooh, I would love to join this get-together. It's too bad that I'm the only German here and no one would come to my country for a show. :(

sodascouts
01-15-2008, 03:30 PM
How exciting for you who are going! Even if you can't tear your eyes away from Glenn, you simply MUST give us something to go on! I'd like to know what new songs they play. This is so cool for you!

tbs fanatic
01-15-2008, 04:17 PM
[quote="EasyFeeling"][quote="Glennsallnighter"]The plan is VIP tickets. We know they're expensive but hey this is a once in a lifetime chance!! And it might be the only time my daughter gets to be so close to HER Idol!

Once in a lifetime or not $300 - nearly $800 is a lot of money. I had a great seat for the Rolling Stones and didn't pay anything like that amount. I love them but.....

Brooke
01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Wow, I was really saving for a 5-star seat when they toured, but $700? Yikes! Gonna have to work harder on that! Do you think they will be that expensive here in the USA?

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 05:49 PM
20 March, that's a Thursday and my day off. I'd have to take Friday off, but if I could plead a girls' night out I might try it. Do you go for the Golden circle tickets or the full ILAA package? ILAA is out of my budget realistically. Actually, I'd like just to be there and meet up with any of us who can make it. I'm resigned to not getting eye contact!

What's Golden Circle? (Excuse my ignorance). I've only ever used ticker master up to this and gone for the 'next best available'. But this is special.

At the moment its just my daughter and I actually going to the gig ( and MF of course) although the others may travel to London with us. So it WOULD be a 'Girls night out!!' :D

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2008, 05:51 PM
How exciting for you who are going! Even if you can't tear your eyes away from Glenn, you simply MUST give us something to go on! I'd like to know what new songs they play. This is so cool for you!

Of course we will. I'm going to do my best to sneak in the camcorder! :twisted: :twisted:

Molly
01-15-2008, 06:32 PM

:D

I totally understand. My point was, if I'm going to be there, anyway, and the dates magically coincide -then I'll try to take in a show.

They've played shows 30 minutes from my house and I haven't seen them yet -how weird would it be to travel that distance and see my first show?

Good luck to all of you working out your travel plans. I hope you get fantastic seats!

sodascouts
01-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow, I was really saving for a 5-star seat when they toured, but $700? Yikes! Gonna have to work harder on that! Do you think they will be that expensive here in the USA?

I don't know. In the UK, they've raised the price to $795 due to the strength of the pound, I suppose. I think in the US it might remain at $700. However, I'm not sure the market will bear that. If not, they'll have to lower prices in order to sell more of the seats. Of course, they might make up for it in 4-star seat sales. I know when I saw that price, I decided that if it were not less, 5 star was out of my range. I'm still considering 4 star. Probably others will do the same.

01-15-2008, 07:22 PM
I checked Ticketmaster a few minutes ago to see if they had anything listed yet, and sure enough, they have the London shows listed here (http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/734977). If you click on 'More Info", you will see the show prices listed for £70.00 - £110.00. But the most interesting thing is that it also says there are going to be 'Special Guests'. Hmmm - more Dixie Chicks I wonder. I really hope another act at the shows isn't going to become the norm. That only means one thing - less time for the Eagles. :evil:

And yeah - those ILAA tickets are rather pricey. I wanted to do at least one ILAA show since I've never done it before, but we'll just have to wait and see. When I went to the Oakland and Sacramento shows, I bought 3rd and 4th rows seats off of eBay for a lot less than the ILAA tickets, so that may be the route I go again. I'm crossing my fingers that they will start doing some dates here in the fall. I can't see them doing anything other than maybe a few solo gigs in the summer if they add dates in Europe.

scottside
01-15-2008, 07:41 PM
In one of the recent interviews, I think it was Glenn who hinted that the length of the shows in the future would be cut down to about 2 1/2 hours. If that's the case, I'm pretty sure they'll have an opening act everywhere they go. Way back when in the early 70s, the Eagles played for about two hours tops (sometimes less), but then again, they had only 3 or 3 albums to support and no solo material.

Freypower
01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, this setlist had better be varied from last November, when Glenn only sang five songs. As I said back then, I am not sure I will be going to the Australian leg if he doesn't bring back at least NKIT & TS, much as I want him (and Don) to sing new songs). :( (typed).

Anyway, I am really happy for those of you who are going to one of these shows. And I entered the competition! I'm surprised I wasn't barred as a non-US resident.

01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
In one of the recent interviews, I think it was Glenn who hinted that the length of the shows in the future would be cut down to about 2 1/2 hours. If that's the case, I'm pretty sure they'll have an opening act everywhere they go. Way back when in the early 70s, the Eagles played for about two hours tops (sometimes less), but then again, they had only 3 or 3 albums to support and no solo material.

ss - Now that you mentioned it, I remember something about that, too. All I can say is please, please say it ain't so!!! :(

sodascouts
01-15-2008, 09:31 PM

They also weren't charging as much money for their two hours!

I will be majorly bummed if their Nokia setlist is indicative of the future. DROP THE SOLO SONGS! Not the Eagles classics! If I want to hear All She Wants to Do Is Dance, I can go to a Henley show.

I do think that they will be playing more than four new songs, though, from what Glenn has said in past interviews.

While I do think two and half hours is better than nothing, I would hope that they would chock that full of EAGLES songs. I would also hope they adjust their price but... fat chance! I suppose they could tell themselves that the opening act justifies the higher prices, but if it's the likes of the Dixie Chicks... eh.

Mrs Frey
01-16-2008, 04:56 AM

Yes, Dreamer, you are absolutely right - GA and I have been talking about VIP tickets since the news broke. From my point of view, it is hellishly expensive (it's 14 South African Rand to the British Pound Sterling :roll: ), but at the same time, I'm travelling so far and spending so much money as it is on plane fare, accommodation and day-to-day travel expenses (I won't be able to stay in London for longer than 3 or 4 days, anyway), that an expensive ticket will hardly be felt. I want to SEE the guys - I want Glenn :heart: perspiring on me, if possible! :blush:

Well, I'm relying on GA to book the tickets (yours truly does not have a credit card to book online) - I just hope we can pull this off! :pray:

Thanks for the support in general, girls! I've never been as excited about anything as I am about this. I'm BESIDE MYSELF! The magnitude of this is only really hitting me today! I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on anything else! :help: As for detailed reports, I think GA and I will both put one together, and compare notes on the Board! :D :wink:

GEF, it would be absolutely fantastic if you could join us too. I hope you can work something out! :pray:

Glennsallnighter
01-16-2008, 06:48 AM

ss - Now that you mentioned it, I remember something about that, too. All I can say is please, please say it ain't so!!! :(

The only thing is that when they were playing in the Nokia theatre in LA the event was billed as 'Eagles and Dixie Chicks' There's no mention of a support band (yet) on the LROOE tour.

Glennsallnighter
01-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Ok!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: I've booked the ILAA tickets.There can be no going back now! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Glenn :heart: Frey, watch out! Here we come!

tbs fanatic
01-16-2008, 11:52 AM
WOW!

01-16-2008, 12:43 PM
That is wonderful news, GA and MF. I am genuinely so happy for both of you. You all are reminding me about how excited I felt just a few short years ago when I finally got to go to my very first Eagles concert. Hopefully, you all will get to meet up with some other board members. All of you will have a blast, I'm sure.

Hmmm - now, I'm wondering if Glenn should be warned about this??? :D :D :D

Brooke
01-16-2008, 02:41 PM
That is fantastic, Ga! I'm so :jealous: but I hope you all have a wonderful time and you get a healthy dose of spit, at least, from Glenn! :P

Molly
01-16-2008, 06:23 PM
I want to SEE the guys - I want Glenn :heart: perspiring on me, if possible! :blush:

The spit and sweat does indeed fly, MF, we aren't kidding when we say that!

Congratulations, ladies, I'm sure you'll have such a good time, you'll forget about the cost of the tickets!

And dreamer, yes, I think maybe Glenn needs to be forewarned! :wink:

glenneaglesfan
01-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Wow, congratulations GA!! :yay: :yay: I just know you are going to have great seats and a fantastic time. We will all be waiting to hear about your adventures.

I want to SEE the guys - I want Glenn :heart: perspiring on me, if possible! :blush:

Congratulations, ladies, I'm sure you'll have such a good time, you'll forget about the cost of the tickets!

Lol, Molly!!

Sadly, after much 'soul searching', I will not be able to go. I couldn't afford the ILAA package, but I'd go for the £110 seats if I could dare mention it to hubby. I know I will regret it for the rest of my life, as realistically it is probably the last chance for me to see them. Maybe something will turn up.

Mrs Frey
01-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Ok!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: I've booked the ILAA tickets.There can be no going back now! :yay: :yay: :yay:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob:

WOO HOO HOO (MY, MY) WOO HOO HOO!!!

Now, GA, you know I will be forever grateful for your efforts for me in this regard! :hug: :hug: :hug: I can't believe we're really going. This is my biggest dream coming true!!! :shock:

I just have SO much preparation to do - it's quite scary. Like a temporary passport... without that I can do nothing and go nowhere!

The two of us are working on our new and improved appearance for this show. :wink: For all the effort we're putting in to this, I certainly hope Glenn :heart: sees us! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Mrs Frey
01-17-2008, 10:47 AM
That is wonderful news, GA and MF. I am genuinely so happy for both of you. You all are reminding me about how excited I felt just a few short years ago when I finally got to go to my very first Eagles concert. Hopefully, you all will get to meet up with some other board members. All of you will have a blast, I'm sure.

Hmmm - now, I'm wondering if Glenn should be warned about this??? :D :D :D

Now, now, Dreamer - you don't want to spoil the surprise we have in store for Glenn :heart: now, do you? :wink: :twisted:

In all seriousness, thanks for the support. At times I feel numb, as if it isn't really happening, and other times I'm so excited I just want to jump up and down. It's really unbelievable!

Mrs Frey
01-17-2008, 10:52 AM

Spit and sweat, hey! Hmmm... I like the sound of that. :twisted: It reminds me of Elvis' sweat-soaked scarves that he used to hand out to his enraptured audience!

I'm sure we will forget about the cost once we're there, Molly. Right now I just want to get all my ducks in a row first - then I'll be able to relax. My nerves are going to be finished by the time I get to London! :shock:

Brooke
01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Sadly, after much 'soul searching', I will not be able to go. I couldn't afford the ILAA package, but I'd go for the £110 seats if I could dare mention it to hubby. I know I will regret it for the rest of my life, as realistically it is probably the last chance for me to see them. Maybe something will turn up.

Oh, gef, surely you must go. Somehow, someway! I would go and be in nosebleed if nothing else. Is there no way to convince hubby? Could we have a talk with him?! :headscratch: :fingerwag:

Mrs Frey
01-17-2008, 11:03 AM

Spit and sweat, hey! Hmmm... I like the sound of that. :twisted: It reminds me of Elvis' sweat-soaked scarves that he used to hand out to his enraptured audience!

I'm sure we will forget about the cost once we're there, Molly. Right now I just want to get all my ducks in a row first - then I'll be able to relax. My nerves are going to be finished by the time I get to London! :shock:

Mrs Frey
01-17-2008, 11:04 AM
That is fantastic, Ga! I'm so :jealous: but I hope you all have a wonderful time and you get a healthy dose of spit, at least, from Glenn! :P

Don't worry, Brooke - I'm sure the boys will tour in the States soon! This might be my only chance to see them.

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Ok!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob:

Now, GA, you know I will be forever grateful for your efforts for me in this regard! :hug: :hug: :hug: I can't believe we're really going. This is my biggest dream coming true!!! :shock:

I just have SO much preparation to do - it's quite scary. Like a temporary passport... without that I can do nothing and go nowhere!

The two of us are working on our new and improved appearance for this show. :wink: For all the effort we're putting in to this, I certainly hope Glenn :heart: sees us! :blush: :blush: :blush:

You BETTER believe it MF! 63 days to go!

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 01:16 PM

Hey GEF it took a bit of courage here to mention it to hubby as well! And that also had to include flights and accomodation. But I have to admit I got great support from him. You never know what may surprise you. Mine doesn't know how much the ILAA seats cost either! :wink: And he won't!

Isn't your birthday coming up shortly after.....?

But no, seriously I know you have to make your own decision and wouldn't dream of trying to influence you...... :wink:

DonFan
01-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I know just how you feel--two years ago when I wanted to see the guys during their Hotel California tour, I didn't want to bring it up to my hubby either. I finally just bought the tickets and told him later, explaining that we could use a little time away, since we never do anything like that. We went and it ended up being one of the best trips we have ever had together!

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Smart move DF! I did some project work for my hubby first. Then I made him a nice cup of coffee.....and then I broached the topic. Even London didn't faze him out. In the course of the discussion I then mentioned in passing 'VIP' tickets. He didn't ask how much they were! Poor dear!

Its all about creating the correct setting!! :wink:

Maleah
01-17-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm so happy you guys are getting to go!!! But at the same time.....so depressed that I can't! lol (is that possible?) Oh well.....I suppose I'll get to see them at least once someday :(

sodascouts
01-17-2008, 09:36 PM

Oh no! This can't be! You HAVE to go! Even if you get the cheap seats.

Mrs Frey
01-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Wow, congratulations GA!! :yay: :yay: I just know you are going to have great seats and a fantastic time. We will all be waiting to hear about your adventures.

Lol, Molly!!

GEF, I was busy posting in this thread after working hours last evening, and submitted my response to this post, only to get "this page cannot be displayed" messages! :enraged: :cuss: I was going mad! Well, here it is now:

Oh, GEF! I would SO much like you to join us!! :cry: The first thought I had when I began considering going is that I'd love it if the three of us could make it together, since you're in London. I feel your pain - but I hope you can pull something out of the hat! :pray:

Mrs Frey
01-18-2008, 02:12 AM

They also weren't charging as much money for their two hours!

I will be majorly bummed if their Nokia setlist is indicative of the future. DROP THE SOLO SONGS! Not the Eagles classics! If I want to hear All She Wants to Do Is Dance, I can go to a Henley show.

I do think that they will be playing more than four new songs, though, from what Glenn has said in past interviews.

While I do think two and half hours is better than nothing, I would hope that they would chock that full of EAGLES songs. I would also hope they adjust their price but... fat chance! I suppose they could tell themselves that the opening act justifies the higher prices, but if it's the likes of the Dixie Chicks... eh.

I hear your point, Soda, but I must admit, if it means that I can see Glenn :heart: letting rip and dancing, then I will happily have "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" in the setlist! :blush: :blush: :blush: I'm sorry, I know that's very shallow... :blush:

In all seriousness, I agree with you that it would be a pity for the show to be shorter than 3 hours, especially with the ticket prices being what they are. I've made sacrifices for a long time now to save enough money to be able to attend one of their shows abroad, so I'm looking forward to a long show. I'm just sad that my favourite acts in world music never make it to South Africa. We've just had the likes of Enrique Iglesias, Mary J Blige, Gladys Knight and Elton John, and Celine Dion will be here soon. Why not the Eagles? :(

Mrs Frey
01-18-2008, 02:15 AM
I'm so happy you guys are getting to go!!! But at the same time.....so depressed that I can't! lol (is that possible?) Oh well.....I suppose I'll get to see them at least once someday :(

Don't worry, Maleah! I'm sure the boys will be touring the States soon, and you'll get a chance to see them. I'll be holding thumbs for you, girl!

Soda, I must ask: I see I posted one of my messages twice by accident. :blush: Is there any way I can erase the extra post?

Maleah
01-18-2008, 10:35 AM

Don't worry, Maleah! I'm sure the boys will be touring the States soon, and you'll get a chance to see them. I'll be holding thumbs for you, girl!

Soda, I must ask: I see I posted one of my messages twice by accident. :blush: Is there any way I can erase the extra post?

aww you're such a sweetheart! Thanks :) I'm really am SO happy that you are going to get to see them!!! I really am! I just wish I could be there with you all! :D

Glennsallnighter
01-18-2008, 11:52 AM
We'd love it if you were able to come with us as well Maleah!

sodascouts
01-18-2008, 02:03 PM

No, an admin or moderator is the only one who can do that. You either have to edit it to say something different, or ask someone to erase it. If I see double posts, I usually take the liberty of erasing the second one without even being asked - I know how annoying that can be! lol

Maleah
01-18-2008, 06:54 PM

Thanks GEA......just think of me while you all are there ;) ...well....at least ONCE :D

Perfect Little Sister
01-19-2008, 12:01 AM
I gotta say...It ain't easy bein' green. :jealous:

But seriously, I'm happy for those of you who will be able to attend. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, (or not) is to have a blast, of course, and post a very detailed report afterwards. And of course, if it's possible, pictures are always very welcome!

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2008, 04:53 AM

Thanks GEA......just think of me while you all are there ;) ...well....at least ONCE :D

I'll do my best Maleah! :wink: If I can tear myself away from Mr Frey

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2008, 04:54 AM

But seriously, I'm happy for those of you who will be able to attend. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, (or not) is to have a blast, of course, and post a very detailed report afterwards. And of course, if it's possible, pictures are always very welcome!

WE'll do our best, PLS! I booked my flights last night!

Molly
01-19-2008, 09:38 AM

Maleah, you're not the only one who hasn't been to an Eagles concert. I'm still waiting, too....

Don't worry, we'll get there!

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2008, 09:58 AM
I hope you get there soon too Molly. Love the av. Are they your kids?

Molly
01-19-2008, 01:02 PM

Thank you. Yes, those are my boys. The picture is from 1997, however -which was the last time the Packers won the Superbowl. Tom and Peter are now grown men and our dog (whose name is also Molly :roll: ) is more white than brown now.

I've been trying to get the boys to agree to pose for an updated version of the picture, but so far they've been selectively deaf when I bring up the subject. We'll have to get Miss Molly a new cheesehad, since she chewed up a big chunk of the one she's wearing.

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Well they were gorgeous looking boys back then (God! That was the year I got married!) so I'm sure they are very handsome men now. And Molly is gorgeous too! Maybe if the packers win they will pose for the promised pic!

Good luck to the Packers!

StephUK
01-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi All,

I've never seen the Eagles live but I'm off to the O2 on Sat 22 and SO looking forward to it. I've treated myself to VIP tickets....couldn't get a good seat any other way. I justified the expense (to myself) as it's my 1st time at an Eagles concert & I don't want to miss a thing. I'm now counting the days 'till the concert. What will the set list be I wonder? Will I care.....or will I just be overcome with actually being there in the same room as them?

Lots of you say how sexy Glenn looks in the flesh - so I'll look forward to that.
Might need to take binoculars to get a good close look at the guys.

My friend that's going with me has heard of the band but doesn't really know the songs(amazingly) but I'm sure after the concert she'll be converted.

Is anyone else going on Sat 22 ?

LOL

Steph

sodascouts
01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Wonderful Steph - I'm sure you'll have a terrific time! Good look bird-watching with those binoculars... and perhaps Hollis-watching as well. ;)

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi All,

I've never seen the Eagles live but I'm off to the O2 on Sat 22 and SO looking forward to it. I've treated myself to VIP tickets....couldn't get a good seat any other way. I justified the expense (to myself) as it's my 1st time at an Eagles concert & I don't want to miss a thing. I'm now counting the days 'till the concert. What will the set list be I wonder? Will I care.....or will I just be overcome with actually being there in the same room as them?

Lots of you say how sexy Glenn looks in the flesh - so I'll look forward to that.

My friend that's going with me has heard of the band but doesn't really know the songs(amazingly) but I'm sure after the concert she'll be converted.

LOL

Steph

Unfortunately, No, Steph! I was wondering if you'd be going. But I am going on the 20th! Whatever night you go you're in for a treat. Glenn :heart: is DEAD SEXY :inlove: in the flesh......you'll come out loving him even more....if thats possible!

01-20-2008, 12:59 AM
That is fantastic, Steph. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, and I am also very :jealous:. How lucky you are to have VIP seats for your first Eagles concert. You are also very lucky to have a friend who isn't a hardcore fan that is willing to pay the price of VIP tickets. Hopefully, she will become converted and consider it money well spent. IMHO, Glenn is a very sexy and passionate performer. But, all of the guys are great, so I don't think you'll be disappointed in any of them. With your tickets, I'm sure you'll have an excellent view of the guys, but the binoculars may come in handy if you want to check them out for sweat or spit. :wink: :wink:

As far as the set list, we have been doing some speculating over in another thread if you want to check it out, here is the link:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715

glenneaglesfan
01-20-2008, 10:18 AM
You lucky thing, Steph, that's great news. VIP seats for your first ever concert!

I still can't believe I'm not going. I even had a look at Ticketmaster on Friday after work, but all the good seats have already sold out - it seems mainly to people who have put them straight onto eBay at a huge mark-up. :x

EasyFeeling
01-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Oh you lucky girls! :D That's great you can go too, Steph. I'm very jealous. I'm still waiting for the German dates but I'm not sure if and when they announce them. Waiting makes me really mad... :evil:

StephUK
01-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Each day I'm getting more excited. :spin: My first Eagles concert(long overdue too).
Yes, I want to get a real good close up look at the guys, sweat, spit and everything else too!! Yes, Hollis-spotting will be a priority....... :drool:

LOL
Steph

timfan
01-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Congrats to all of you who are going to the London Concerts! :D Have a great time and let the guys know how much we love 'em! :P

Claire
01-20-2008, 04:05 PM
I saw this note on Ticketmaster: "These shows will be their only European dates this year"... Now, I wonder if I should be reasonable and wait to see if they come to France or plan to attend to one of these London concerts...

Glennsallnighter
01-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Congrats to all of you who are going to the London Concerts! :D Have a great time and let the guys know how much we love 'em! :P

Will you do the same for us at Pebble Beach please TF? :wink:
Thanks so much! :D

tbs fanatic
01-20-2008, 06:57 PM
I saw this note on Ticketmaster: "These shows will be their only European dates this year"... Now, I wonder if I should be reasonable and wait to see if they come to France or plan to attend to one of these London concerts...

Do you think that's right? Does that mean they will play in the US sooner rather than later <pray>

Claire
01-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I really don't know if the Eagles themselves announced this will be their only dates in Europe, but anyway, I'm unsure about other shows... If they had planned to tour the entire Europe, why didn't they announce the dates altogether? I think they might play in the US sooner than expected (but that's only my point of view :))
Anyway, I'm going to try to go to a London concert, I wouldn't want to miss the chance to see them perfoming live!

Mrs Frey
01-22-2008, 02:15 AM
I don't want to be a pessimist, but my plans to see the Eagles might be thwarted by the one and only South African Home Affairs Department. :roll: :evil:

I don't have a passport, but applied for one on Saturday. They're telling me that it takes 6 to 8 weeks to issue, with no guarantees. I need to fly on 18 March at the latest, and if it takes 8 weeks, it will arrive around 14 March, which is cutting it extremely fine. I can book my flight with a passport pending, but the cancellation fee is hellishly expensive if Home Affairs doesn't come through for me. I spent my lunch hour gathering information at our local Flight Centre yesterday (and I also had a lot of work to do); therefore I was off the Board. I sacrificed the Eagles for the Eagles, if you understand my meaning. :wink:

I'm going to do the best that I can to chase up Home Affairs, so please wish me luck everyone. I'm planning to book my flight and accommodation regardless and take the risk. I cannot leave my arrangements until the last minute. If I get my passport on time and I haven't arranged anything, I will regret it for the rest of my life. Please wish me luck everyone. My nerves are absolutely shot.

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Good decision MF, and good luck! :thumbsup: As I said yesterday on the email the more you can present the passport people with to show your determinetion to go, the more likely they are to grant your request.

WE NEED YOU THERE!! GLENN :heart: WILL MISS YOU IF YOU'RE NOT THERE!

Mrs Frey
01-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Thank you my girl :hug:.

Well, I've booked my flight and accommodation, and I've begun harassing :wink: Home Affairs. They are confident that I'll have that passport by next month, which is great news, but I don't take anything for granted, so I'll just continue harassing them. :twisted:

Mrs Frey
01-22-2008, 08:26 AM

Of course we will think of you, Maleah! We'll think of all our friends here on The Border. I've had a very stressful few days trying to organise my trip, but I hope and pray :pray: all will turn out well in the end.

Mrs Frey
01-22-2008, 08:32 AM

Highlighted text: LOL, PLS!

Thanks for your good wishes, and if all goes well for me in terms of GETTING to London (see my previous posts), I will certainly have a blast, and try and compile a detailed report for all of you! I'll try and take pictures (if Glenn :heart: doesn't cause my hands to shake too much), if it's allowed of course! :roll:

Mrs Frey
01-22-2008, 08:37 AM

Thank you. Yes, those are my boys. The picture is from 1997, however -which was the last time the Packers won the Superbowl. Tom and Peter are now grown men and our dog (whose name is also Molly :roll: ) is more white than brown now.

I've been trying to get the boys to agree to pose for an updated version of the picture, but so far they've been selectively deaf when I bring up the subject. We'll have to get Miss Molly a new cheesehad, since she chewed up a big chunk of the one she's wearing.

You have lovely children, Molly!

Mrs Frey
01-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Hi All,

LOL

Steph

I'm so happy that you're also going, Steph! :yay: It's a pity that you're not going on the 20th - then GA and I could have met up with you!

It will be my first time too (if all my plans fall into place) at an Eagles concert (they've never been to South Africa - perhaps they'll consider it on this tour?), and I'm beside myself with excitement. I hope you have a fantastic time and get to see the boys up close. GA and I are certainly hoping that we do!

Mrs Frey
01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
You lucky thing, Steph, that's great news. VIP seats for your first ever concert!

I still can't believe I'm not going. I even had a look at Ticketmaster on Friday after work, but all the good seats have already sold out - it seems mainly to people who have put them straight onto eBay at a huge mark-up. :x

GEF, I can't believe it either! :( :( :( I was really hoping I'd be able to meet you on this trip!

I must say this: some people are really awful to buy up tickets just to sell them at a profit. I wish there was some way to stop them. There are so many fans who love the Eagles but who simply can't afford to see them live. It's certainly setting me back a lot, but I love them enough to make the sacrifice, and thank goodness I am able to do it. I've been saving for such a long time, but the opportunity still came sooner than I expected.

EasyFeeling
01-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Good luck with your passport, MF. :thumbsup: I'm sure everything goes well! :D

sodascouts
01-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Wow - I definitely wish you luck. It HAS to come through!

When I was going to Colombia, South America to do some volunteer work, I couldn't find my passport a WEEK before I had to go! Luckily, I already had one and it just needed to be renewed, but I still was in panic. I had to go downtown and sit in a waiting room for several hours before I could get special permission.

Hopefully you'll be able to move things along after you speak to the office.

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Wow - I definitely wish you luck. It HAS to come through!

When I was going to Colombia, South America to do some volunteer work, I couldn't find my passport a WEEK before I had to go! Luckily, I already had one and it just needed to be renewed, but I still was in panic. I had to go downtown and sit in a waiting room for several hours before I could get special permission.

Hopefully you'll be able to move things along after you speak to the office.

We are very lucky over here. I managed to get a passport for my father in law the same day that I submitted the documentation. (Although it took a few days to get the said documents). But if you have proof of a flight booked and are prepared to sit in a few queues for the day it is actually possible to get one in a day!

I hope you get yours with plenty of time to spare MF!

01-22-2008, 12:59 PM
MF - I also wish you luck in getting that passport. Surely, they will work with you to ensure you get it on time. :pray:

Here in the U.S., they tell you about the same thing - that it will take about 6 - 8 weeks upon receipt of your application before you receive your passport. However, rarely does it take that long. I think I received mine in about 5 weeks. We also have the option to pay an extra fee to speed up the processing so that you can receive it within a couple of weeks after submitting your application. I'm crossing my fingers that it will all work out for you.

tbs fanatic
01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Well, told hubby this weekend that I was pretty sure The Eagles were going to be playing in the States THIS YEAR :D and that I was going to see them if I had to walk to Alaska to do it. His reply was, of course, :roll: Decided to hold off on telling him the possible price of a ticket :woah: Holding off on giving him that info until he's in a REALLY GOOD MOOD :lol:

Claire
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Good luck from me too MF, I really wish you to be able to fly to London to see our guys (and particulary Glenn :wink: )! You deserve it!
I've just bought my tickets for the show on the 22nd... and I don't realize that I'm going to see them live for the first time!! I'm so excited and euphoric :rofl: :crazy:... Well, I'm a bit lost for the moment!

Brooke
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm so excited for you, too, Claire! I know you are going to have the time of your life! :yay:

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Thats brilliant Claire! :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :yay: :yay: :yay:
I know you will have the time of your life. You'll really enjoy your first Eagles gig. :D

StephUK
01-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Seems there are a few of us going to their first Eagles concert.....isn't it exciting? I can't wait.
When I think about being that close to the lovely Will Hollis :inlove: I can't think straight, so how am I to get through the next 2 months in a sensible & rational way?

Hope your passport comes through 'Mrs Frey'. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Yes, it's a pity we're not going on the same night.

LOL
Steph

Mrs Frey
01-23-2008, 02:34 AM
Awww, thanks EF, Soda, GA, Dreamer, Claire and Steph for your good wishes. I'm going to keep :pray: ing myself, and of course, harassing Home Affairs. I'm going to be phoning them again within the next half an hour... :twisted:

Claire, I'm so happy for you that you're also going to see the boys in London! :yay: It's a pity that I won't see you, though, as we're going to different concerts. You might just see Steph, though!

Steph, I hear you about struggling to act in a sensible and rational way during the next two months. The way you feel about Will Hollis (he IS cute, I must admit!) is the way I feel about Glenn :heart:. I actually don't know how I'm going to react when I see him up close. :fainted: My colleagues have already teased me by asking if I'm going to get through this trip, and if my heart can take it. They've suggested I visit the doctor before I go. :lol:

I'm in the swing of things with my exercises, though. When Glenn :heart: sees me, I have to make an impression on him! :wink: :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
01-23-2008, 05:29 AM
You and me both Girl :wink:

01-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Claire - We're very happy for you as well. I am glad to hear that so many of you will be able to go to a show. Again, we hope you all will be able to provide us many important details. I can't wait to hear what the set list will be.

EasyFeeling
01-23-2008, 12:06 PM
That's great, Claire, congrats. :D So there are four who go to the London shows? MF, GA, Steph and Claire... I guess there is another chance to drool over new pics soon. :twisted:

MF, have you already considered what are you going to wear? :wink:

rcknalwys
01-23-2008, 06:21 PM
I am so happy for all of you that are going...wish we could ALL be there. Take pics if you can but don't get 86'd from the concert. For those of you who are seeing the guys for the first time, all the hassles getting there will be worth it, from the first note you'll be experiencing something you'll never forget. Even those of us who have seen them more than once are as eager to see them again as if it were the first time. So believe me when I say-- we all feel your excitment. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. We can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Glennsallnighter
01-23-2008, 06:57 PM
That's great, Claire, congrats. :D So there are four who go to the London shows? MF, GA, Steph and Claire... I guess there is another chance to drool over new pics soon. :twisted:

I know this is addressed to MF but I am giving this careful thought. Any advice on the matter would be very welcome.

StephUK
01-23-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't think it's very easy to smuggle a camera into the O2. Has anybody tried?
I'd love to get some photo's & share them with you all.

Mrs Frey - I understand how you feel about Glenn. He's very charismatic, which makes him a great front man for the band. He's overtly flirtatious & sexy, and I think he's aware of the effect he has on women!

Glenn's wink on Farewell 1, Take it easy
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/th_Glennwink.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/Glennwink.jpg):rockguitar:

Will Hollis, being support band & not an Eagle, is much more in the background.
However, it seems to me that he's not the flirty type. He just quietly exudes sex appeal without really trying.

Will looking effortlessly lovely
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/th_Hotel22ax.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/Hotel22ax.jpg):smitten:

The two gentlemen in question:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/th_GlennandWilldance1.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/GlennandWilldance1.jpg)
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/th_GlennandWill2.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/GlennandWill2.jpg)
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/th_GlennandWill1.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/GlennandWill1.jpg)

(Click on pictures to get a larger version)

LOL
Steph

sodascouts
01-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Ah, I love that part of F1! Thanks Steph!

EasyFeeling
01-24-2008, 05:15 AM

I know this is addressed to MF but I am giving this careful thought. Any advice on the matter would be very welcome.[/quote]

Oh, I want to know that from you too. :wink: I always suggested the others to wear a low-cut dress or T-shirt when they go to Pebble beach. :wink: You know men are simple. :twisted:

Steph, I would guess cameras are allowed as long as it's not a professional one. It's worth a try, right?

Mrs Frey
01-24-2008, 06:23 AM

Mmmm... that's a good question, EF. I have certainly considered it. My first thought was a sequined strappy top with a push-up bra :twisted: and a pair of trousers (you know, the glam way I try to dress at my gigs), but then I realised that London ain't Cape Town, and it's going to be very cold there in March! :lol: :blush:

So I reconsidered, and I'm still going with the push-up bra, but the top will be considerably warmer than the original strappy top option! :wink:

As for new pics, I can't guarantee anything! I don't know what the rules are at the 02 Arena! I live in hope!

Mrs Frey
01-24-2008, 06:30 AM
I am so happy for all of you that are going...wish we could ALL be there. Take pics if you can but don't get 86'd from the concert. For those of you who are seeing the guys for the first time, all the hassles getting there will be worth it, from the first note you'll be experiencing something you'll never forget. Even those of us who have seen them more than once are as eager to see them again as if it were the first time. So believe me when I say-- we all feel your excitment. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. We can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Awww, Becky, you're so sweet that I just want to give you a hug! :hug: I wish all of us could go too! I can scarcely believe that I'm doing this - it's such a big deal for me since this is not only my first Eagles concert, but my first trip overseas, and my head has just been spinning with all the preparation that needs to be done. As you say, though, all the hassles getting there will be worth it when they strike that first note. Oh my gosh, I can't wait!!! :blueblob:

I must ask you, though (and please excuse my ignorance): where does the expression "86'd" come from? I know you mean "kicked out", but the expression is unknown to me.

Mrs Frey
01-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Mrs Frey - I understand how you feel about Glenn. He's very charismatic, which makes him a great front man for the band. He's overtly flirtatious & sexy, and I think he's aware of the effect he has on women!

Glenn's wink on Farewell 1, Take it easy
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/th_Glennwink.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/Glennwink.jpg):rockguitar:

Will Hollis, being support band & not an Eagle, is much more in the background.
However, it seems to me that he's not the flirty type. He just quietly exudes sex appeal without really trying.

Will looking effortlessly lovely
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/th_Hotel22ax.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/Hotel22ax.jpg):smitten:

The two gentlemen in question:

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/th_GlennandWilldance1.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/GlennandWilldance1.jpg)
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/th_GlennandWill2.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/GlennandWill2.jpg)
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/th_GlennandWill1.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Glenn%20and%20Will/GlennandWill1.jpg)

(Click on pictures to get a larger version)

LOL
Steph

Oh, Steph, thanks for sharing those screencaps with us! :heart: :heart: :heart: Glenn's :heart: dance is one of my favourite moments from F1. His movements are so rhythmic and SO SO sexy... :makeout: I find it hard to suppress my squeals when I watch that! :blush: Will also seems to be having a great time sitting and playing keyboards next to Glenn :heart:.

Oh yes, Glenn :heart: is indeed a great front man. He has all the right attributes. That wink in "Take It Easy" makes my heart leap! :fainted: You're probably right: I think he is well aware of the effect he has on women of all ages!

I hear what you're saying about Will not trying but still exuding sex appeal, but mind you, Glenn :heart: doesn't have to try either - he would look sexy dressed in a brown paper bag!

glenneaglesfan
01-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Congratulations to all of you who are going! MF, I do hope it works out for you - it's such a great adventure!

Mrs Frey
01-24-2008, 07:03 AM

I know this is addressed to MF but I am giving this careful thought. Any advice on the matter would be very welcome.

Oh, I want to know that from you too. :wink: I always suggested the others to wear a low-cut dress or T-shirt when they go to Pebble beach. :wink: You know men are simple. :twisted:

Steph, I would guess cameras are allowed as long as it's not a professional one. It's worth a try, right?[/quote]

EF, you're just as naughty as I am! :twisted: :lol:

Mrs Frey
01-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Congratulations to all of you who are going! MF, I do hope it works out for you - it's such a great adventure!

Thanks for your support, GEF! I hope so too. So far things are looking quite positive, but I won't rest until I have my passport in my hand! I'm just so sorry and sad that you won't be there to share the experience with GA and me. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Molly
01-24-2008, 08:50 AM

I'm guessing I'll skip the opportunity to wear a dress on the golf course, but may I suggest to my traveling companions that if they choose to do so, they're sure to wear new underwear, since it most certainly will be exposed when the dress is up over their head as they roll down that grassy incline. (May want to go with a sassy black dress as they tend to show less grass stains). :wink:

EasyFeeling
01-24-2008, 10:04 AM
New underwear, very important I would say. :twisted: :wink:
Funny Molly, you quoted something I've written, not MF. :lol:

Aaaah, a push-up bra, very good idea, MF. :wink: I'm sure it's getting hot in there once the boys enter the stage. :D

Brooke
01-24-2008, 11:35 AM
You gals must definitely try to sneak in a camera! Do you know where your seats are yet?

Back in 2002 when I went to see them I thought you could not get them in, so I didn't take mine. Much to my surprise there were people snapping pics all over the place. The security people would warn them, but very few were actually taken away. Just try to be discreet when you are snapping (get behind someone or when security walks away) and don't use a flash. Don't want to hurt Don's eyes!

I'm sure there are others here that might have a few tips, too! :wink:

As far as clothes, I've heard that Glenn likes lighter colors (easier to see in the dark crowd) and that they all prefer tight, white tank tops! :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
01-24-2008, 01:17 PM
As regards the cameras Brooke in Dublin last time they played there was nearly a side show going on with people trying to distract Security so that others could take pics. Although towards the end there were so many people trying to do it that security gave up. I intend taking in a few of those basic single use cameras to see how the land lies. I'll also have my digital which if it looks ok I'll take out.

Thanks for the advice on the clothes. Light colours and a tight white tank top. Shopping begins!!

We havent been given a seat allocation yet but know we are in the first 10 rows. The nearer the better. I want to be able to TOUCH Glenn :heart:

01-24-2008, 03:05 PM
I can only share my personal experience, but I think bright colors definitely help get the guy’s attention. And GA – if you are taking your young daughter, that will help too. :wink: :wink: Many of you have already heard all about how I managed to get attention from Glenn at a show I attended in Oakland in 2005. Rather than explain all this here, I think I’m going to post a very detailed review that I wrote for the show in a new thread in the Eagles forum. That way only those who are interested will have to read it.

tbs fanatic
01-24-2008, 07:15 PM
As far as clothes, I've heard that Glenn likes lighter colors (easier to see in the dark crowd) and that they all prefer tight, white tank tops! :twisted:

Okay, now they must wait several months until they play in the US as I have to go on a starvation diet to get back in my 'tight, white tank top' :rofl: Maybe that will be the inspiration I need to get my diet started :wink: :lol:

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2008, 05:58 AM
I can only share my personal experience, but I think bright colors definitely help get the guy’s attention. And GA – if you are taking your young daughter, that will help too. :wink: :wink: Many of you have already heard all about how I managed to get attention from Glenn at a show I attended in Oakland in 2005. Rather than explain all this here, I think I’m going to post a very detailed review that I wrote for the show in a new thread in the Eagles forum. That way only those who are interested will have to read it.

I've just read that Dreamer! Thanks so much for the insight. I'm on the hunt for a suitable top! And yes, in this case I'd say Timtot will be an asset rather than a liability. MF and I have already considered that point. And being such a mother......if I get a chance to use her to be noticed by Glenn :heart: ......use her I will! :D

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2008, 06:01 AM

Okay, now they must wait several months until they play in the US as I have to go on a starvation diet to get back in my 'tight, white tank top' :rofl: Maybe that will be the inspiration I need to get my diet started :wink: :lol:

Oh believe me, the diet and fitness regime has already started! :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :birthday: :nope:

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Aaaah, a push-up bra, very good idea, MF. :wink: I'm sure it's getting hot in there once the boys enter the stage. :D

Oh, I get all hot and bothered just watching them on any of my DVDs, so I'm sure it will be scorching in the 02 Arena! :twisted: :blush:

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
You gals must definitely try to sneak in a camera! Do you know where your seats are yet?

Back in 2002 when I went to see them I thought you could not get them in, so I didn't take mine. Much to my surprise there were people snapping pics all over the place. The security people would warn them, but very few were actually taken away. Just try to be discreet when you are snapping (get behind someone or when security walks away) and don't use a flash. Don't want to hurt Don's eyes!

I'm sure there are others here that might have a few tips, too! :wink:

Brooke, I just hope I get to take a few pictures, but if it's not allowed, I won't be risking the loss of my camera! Has Don complained about flashlights, by the way? I wouldn't be able to take photos without a flash, unfortunately. My pictures wouldn't come out! :(

As for our clothes on the night, I can certainly do light colours, but as for a tight white tank top, it would be much too cold in London to wear one! I've got one with a nice black detail on the front, which I would consider if it weren't for the London winter! :(

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 07:45 AM

How could we not be interested, Dreamer? :shock: Your review is a masterpiece!

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 07:47 AM

Oh believe me, the diet and fitness regime has already started! :blueblob: :blueblob: :blueblob: :birthday: :nope:

GA, join the club! :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 07:49 AM

I've just read that Dreamer! Thanks so much for the insight. I'm on the hunt for a suitable top! And yes, in this case I'd say Timtot will be an asset rather than a liability. MF and I have already considered that point. And being such a mother......if I get a chance to use her to be noticed by Glenn :heart: ......use her I will! :D

GA, you are so bad! :shock: Mind you, TT might use us to get Tim's attention! :lol:

Glennsallnighter
01-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Well....if it works for her I'm, sure we could oblige.....for some of those guitar picks... :wink:

EasyFeeling
01-25-2008, 08:40 AM

Oh, I get all hot and bothered just watching them on any of my DVDs, so I'm sure it will be scorching in the 02 Arena! :twisted: :blush:

Oops, after reading my post again I realized someone could take this in the wrong way. I've meant it's getting hot in the arena, not in your bra. :blush: http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

I had to come back and add some http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif because I'm still ROFL !

Mrs Frey
01-25-2008, 09:41 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Oh my goodness, EF! That was funny!! I actually took it to mean both things, but I'm just naughty anyway. :twisted: :wink:

No really, you're all going to get the wrong impression of me here. I'm really very conservative! :blush: The Eagles kind of bring out the...erm...woman in me... :blush:

Brooke
01-25-2008, 12:08 PM
As for our clothes on the night, I can certainly do light colours, but as for a tight white tank top, it would be much too cold in London to wear one! I've got one with a nice black detail on the front, which I would consider if it weren't for the London winter! :(

I'm really trying to help you out here, girlfriend! You could wear a jacket over it and then take that off. When things warm up! :wink:

StephUK
01-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Sounds like you ladies are all going to dress up for the occasion!! I hadn't really thought about what to wear. :hmm: I tend to wear black tops rather than white ones, and jeans or trousers of some sort. Push-up bra....yes, I have those in a variety of colours, so I'm sorted with that(can't just wear that though). I'll have to shop too. Don't want to be the most scruffy one there.

Who knows what the weather will be in March? it could be cold, or windy or wet but milder....anybody's guess. But inside the O2 I think we'll all be getting a bit hot when we see our favourite guys.

LOL
Steph

StephUK
01-25-2008, 07:45 PM
I hear what you're saying about Will not trying but still exuding sex appeal, but mind you, Glenn :heart: doesn't have to try either - he would look sexy dressed in a brown paper bag!

Don't get me wrong MF. I didn't mean to suggest that Glenn had to try to look sexy. Of course he doesn't. He's a very attractive man. I just meant that Will seems a bit shy & reserved :shy: whereas Glenn is more 'up-front'. :yay: They're both gorgeous in their own way.

LOL
Steph

glenneaglesfan
01-26-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm going!!!

Hubby was in a really good mood last night, and I decided to ask him, and he just said "Of course you can go. How much do you need?" :shock: :D :D :D

I looked on Ebay and found two tickets in row 6 in front of the stage (right-hand block, although Glenn plays on the left, he looks to the right more :wink: ), and that's for the Thursday, so I'm going to get a chance to meet GA and MF. Believe me, I am so chuffed and hubby is certainly going to reap the reward for his change of attitude!!

I'm doubled up reading about your ploys to attract attention. GA, that's too funny about Timtot! As for what to wear, I'm the scuffiest person in the world, and would normally opt for one of my special Glenn t-shirts, but maybe I need to smarten up and wear a low neckline, though I won't be able to compete with you young slim girls!

Steph and Claire, it's great that you are going as well,and your first Eagles concerts - how exciting!

EasyFeeling
01-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Yay!!! :yay: I'm so happy for you, Kate! :D :D What did you do with him that he actually asked you how much you need? :shock: Cooked a special diner or so? :wink:

That's so cool that you get to see MF and GA. :D And I'm sure you will look beautiful in the low neckline. :D

01-26-2008, 11:43 AM
OMG, Kate - That is wonderful news. I am thrilled for you and I know you will have an absolutely wonderful time.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

You Go Girl.

But, OBTW, I'm still jealous of all of you.

StephUK
01-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Glad you persuaded Hubby to let you go Kate.

As I said, I'm scuffy too, and I'm not particularly young or slim!! Those of us who are a little more 'experienced and cuddly' can have fun too!! Although I think it would take more than an up-lift bra and a low top to make my darling Will Hollis notice me. :( Never mind, I can drool over him, and in my dreams he's all mine! :makeout:

Anyway, we're all going to have a great time.

LOL
Steph

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/will2/th_Heartache21aj.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/will2/Heartache21aj.jpg) SEE YOU SOON, WILL !

Molly
01-26-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm going!!!

Hubby was in a really good mood last night, and I decided to ask him, and he just said "Of course you can go. How much do you need?" :shock: :D :D :D

You're husband said what???? http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/36_11_11-2.gif
How hard did he hit his head prior to this? No seriously, Kate -Woo Hoo!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

I Believe me, I am so chuffed and hubby is certainly going to reap the reward for his change of attitude!!

I don't know what that means in the gef house, but I know what it would mean in my house!! :wink:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/11_15_111.gif

All of you ladies are going to have a fabulous time and look great doing it, I'm sure!

sodascouts
01-26-2008, 04:26 PM
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy you're going, GEF! You deserve it. Have a blast!!!!

timfan
01-26-2008, 04:47 PM
That's GREAT that you're going GEF!! I am so pleased for you :)

Brooke
01-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Oh Kate, that is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! :yay: :blueblob:

And yes, hubby deserves some kind of special reward! :wink: :twisted:

Freypower
01-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Kate... as we say down here...

YOU LITTLE BEAUTY!!!!

Glennsallnighter
01-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm going!!!

OMIGOD!!
Thats Brilliant Kate! I'm so pleased for you. Isn't it great when the hubbies come up supportive after all! Maybe by letting us go they think they'll purge our systems of 'That Eagles Thing' :wink: Not a hope!

I looked on Ebay and found two tickets in row 6 in front of the stage (right-hand block, although Glenn plays on the left, he looks to the right more :wink: ), and that's for the Thursday, so I'm going to get a chance to meet GA and MF.

Sound like great seats and can't wait to meet up. I'm sure I speak for MF as well! You'll meet Timtot too!

Believe me, I am so chuffed and hubby is certainly going to reap the reward for his change of attitude!!

Let me see.....favourite dinner....bottle of wine....sumptuous dessert.... and ...... :wink: have fun :wink:

I'm doubled up reading about your ploys to attract attention. GA, that's too funny about Timtot! As for what to wear, I'm the scuffiest person in the world, and would normally opt for one of my special Glenn t-shirts, but maybe I need to smarten up and wear a low neckline, though I won't be able to compete with you young slim girls!

Believe me if Glenn :heart: saw me today tipping around in a t-shirt and jeans with my hair long overdue a 'do' he wouldn't have looked twice at me! In fact he'd have turned the other way I imagine. Every time I look at something with calories in it (apart from the fireplace) I just keep thinking Glenn :heart: Glenn :heart: Glenn :heart: as many times as it takes for the craving to pass. I'm sad!

Steph and Claire, it's great that you are going as well,and your first Eagles concerts - how exciting!

I hope you two have a great night as well!

54 days to go !

Mrs Frey
01-27-2008, 06:31 AM

I'm really trying to help you out here, girlfriend! You could wear a jacket over it and then take that off. When things warm up! :wink:

Thanks, Brooke! :D I've been thinking about that option. I must ask, though (and I know I'm going to sound ignorant here, but if I don't ask, I'll never know :blush: ): what is the difference between a "strappy" top and a "tank" top? I thought they were one and the same, but now I'm not so sure.

Mrs Frey
01-27-2008, 06:34 AM

Don't get me wrong MF. I didn't mean to suggest that Glenn had to try to look sexy. Of course he doesn't. He's a very attractive man. I just meant that Will seems a bit shy & reserved :shy: whereas Glenn is more 'up-front'. :yay: They're both gorgeous in their own way.

LOL
Steph

Don't worry, Steph, I know what you meant! :wink: They are certainly both gorgeous in their own way.

By the way, I don't think you will have any problems whatsoever in deciding what to wear for the concert. Push-up bras in a variety of colours, hey? I'm impressed. Well, as you say, you can't just wear that... :lol: I don't think the guys would mind, though... :twisted: :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-27-2008, 06:42 AM
I'm going!!!

I looked on Ebay and found two tickets in row 6 in front of the stage (right-hand block, although Glenn plays on the left, he looks to the right more :wink: ), and that's for the Thursday, so I'm going to get a chance to meet GA and MF. Believe me, I am so chuffed and hubby is certainly going to reap the reward for his change of attitude!!

Oh, GEF, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :D :D :D I am so glad that I will get a chance to meet you too. This is just fantastic. It's what I've been hoping for all along. Three cheers to your hubby!!!

As for your outfit, I reckon that low neckline will do the trick! I don't know about my being slim (I'm furiously working on regulating my diet and getting back into my exercise routine! :blush: ), but I certainly hope that Glenn :heart: will catch my eye and at least find me pleasing! :blush: :twisted:

EasyFeeling
01-27-2008, 06:56 AM

Thanks, Brooke! :D I've been thinking about that option. I must ask, though (and I know I'm going to sound ignorant here, but if I don't ask, I'll never know :blush: ): what is the difference between a "strappy" top and a "tank" top? I thought they were one and the same, but now I'm not so sure.

I would say this is the strappy top... (in Germany we call it Spaghetti top because the strap is small like Spaghetti :wink: )

http://www.logotextilien.at/products/Lady_Spaghetti_Shirt_280.jpg

... and here is the tank top:

http://www.fight4music.de/shop/images/TankTop_Teroa_Teroa-7.jpg

Brooke
01-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Excellent, EF!

And I think either would suffice! :wink:

rcknalwys
01-27-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm so excited for all of you who are going to the concert in London. Meeting up with each other will make it doubly fun for all. Sharing all those moments together, dancing, singing, sighing! Can't wait for my turn to drool!

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for clearing up the tank top/strappy top issue for me as well EF! I wasn't sure either as traditionally over here tank tops were knitted, rather garish and very reminiscent of the 70's, a decade not renowned for style.

Anyway now I know what to look for :wink:

glenneaglesfan
01-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all your nice messages everyone! It's been such a surprise, I'm still coming to to terms with it.

You just made me laugh out loud then, GA and EF. I'm from the generation of knitted tank tops - I even perpetrated a couple of my own! (Poor children!). EF's solutions seem much more attractive. However, I am not going to bare my flabby arms, so it'll be short sleeves for me!

You're husband said what???? I don't know what that means in the gef house, but I know what it would mean in my house!! :wink:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/11_15_111.gifYup!! :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Of course GEF I never meant to insult your knitting. As for the styles you chose for your boys.....probably came out of the same pattern books that my mother used..

I think I'll buy one!

Fake tan........Just a thought :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-28-2008, 03:38 AM

I would say this is the strappy top... (in Germany we call it Spaghetti top because the strap is small like Spaghetti :wink: )

http://www.logotextilien.at/products/Lady_Spaghetti_Shirt_280.jpg

... and here is the tank top:

http://www.fight4music.de/shop/images/TankTop_Teroa_Teroa-7.jpg

Ah HA! Thanks for this illustrated explanation, EF! I suppose the tops I have fall somewhere in between. :D

Mrs Frey
01-28-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm so excited for all of you who are going to the concert in London. Meeting up with each other will make it doubly fun for all. Sharing all those moments together, dancing, singing, sighing! Can't wait for my turn to drool!

Awww, thanks Becky! :hug: Don't worry, your turn will come sooner than you think! :D

Mrs Frey
01-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Of course GEF I never meant to insult your knitting. As for the styles you chose for your boys.....probably came out of the same pattern books that my mother used..

I think I'll buy one!

Fake tan........Just a thought :wink:

Mrs Frey is pale and proud of it! :wink: No fake or real tans for this girl! 8)

EasyFeeling
01-28-2008, 03:47 AM
GEF, I have an idea... what about wearing both, first the T-shirt and then the strappy top. Looks stylish and it's very popular here in Germany. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
01-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Perhaps I'll do that, EF!

Or maybe I'll follow the dress style of someone else and wear a bright blouse over a t-shirt!

EasyFeeling
01-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Pink? :D

DonFan
02-04-2008, 12:19 PM
The official site has added two more tour dates:

March 29. 2008--Stockholm Sweden--On sale 2/7
April 1, 2008--Rotterdam, Netherlands--On sale 2/9

EasyFeeling
02-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes, I've read that too. Rotterdam is not far away from my hometown but I'm still waiting for dates in Germany. Hopefully they will add some. :pray:

glenneaglesfan
02-04-2008, 06:44 PM
How much from Bremen to London, EF? I still have this spare ticket. :wink:

Seriously, before I offer it on Ebay, I'd like to give a regular poster here a chance to buy a 6th row ticket for the Ticketmaster price of £110 plus £5 handling etc. Please pm me if you can make it for 20 March.

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 04:30 AM
How much? I just looked it up and with Ryanair Bremen-London Stansted it's only 20 Euros! :shock:
Crap, crap, crap... my coworker has a the days off that week so I have to work on March 20. :(

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2008, 05:31 AM
Oh EF! Thats awful! So near and yet so far! And we'd have love to have been able to meet you also. Is there any way you could take the day?

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 06:24 AM
I don't think so, GA. :( You never know what's happen here. Maybe my boss says ok today but I'm sure if there is any important customer meeting that day he will cancel his promise because no one is here. :roll:

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2008, 06:39 AM
I know! And if you book tickets flights and a hotel and then he tells you you cant go it will have cost a lot for nothing! :roll:

Mrs Frey
02-05-2008, 06:51 AM
OH MY WORD, EF! :shock: :shock: :shock: Girlfriend, go and talk to your boss, play on his feelings and tell him that this is your DREAM. Tell him that three of your dearest friends are going :D and you'd very much like to join them too. Tell him that you will need a definite answer since you have to book your flight and accommodation early.

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2008, 07:19 AM
MF is right EF! 'Do Something'

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 08:17 AM
I know! And if you book tickets flights and a hotel and then he tells you you cant go it will have cost a lot for nothing! :roll:

Absolutely true, GA. :( I would love to go, honestly, but I just know he wouldn't let me. Going to London would also be cheaper than Rotterdam when the flight is so low priced. Would be great if I could join you but under these circumstances I don't need to think about it. :(

glenneaglesfan
02-06-2008, 04:59 AM
Aw, EF, I've just read this. It would be so great to meet you. Can't you swap with your co-worker? Couldn't you just ask? In the end, that's what I did with hubby and things turned out right.

EasyFeeling
02-06-2008, 05:37 AM
No GA, my co-worker has already booked her flights, there's not chance to swap. :(

DonFan
02-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm sorry things aren't working out for you, EF. :(

EasyFeeling
02-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Well DF, you can't have everything. :shrug: I still hope they come to Germany soon.

Mrs Frey
02-07-2008, 02:18 AM
Oh, EF, I feel for you girl. I'm sad that I won't have the opportunity of meeting you. :( It would have been great. I hope that the boys make a turn in Germany soon - I know how much you want to see them again.

glenneaglesfan
02-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Aw, EF, that is bad luck, but I'm sure the Eagles will come to Germany - they always get a good reception there. We will be sad not to be able to meet you though. :(

EasyFeeling
02-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Yes, I would love to see you all. That's really sad that we live in different countries. :(

Glennsallnighter
02-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Yes thats a pity EF :( . I'd love to have been able to meet you too!

EasyFeeling
02-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Have you already seen it? The official site has added two more dates in London, April 5 and 6. 6 shows only in London, that's a lot. :shock: I wonder if they do the same in Germany, but can't imagine that.

Glennsallnighter
02-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Oh thats great! But much as I'd love to I cant see myself being able to make the trip again.

Mrs Frey
02-08-2008, 04:47 AM
Yes, GA, I feel the same way, and will also not be able to catch another show. :(

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2008, 06:14 AM
I'm still holding out for a Dublin, or Belfast date but I think it'd just be ticketmaster for those! I couldn't afford to do the 'whole works' again so soon! In saying that if they were to go to Dublin, they'd have announced it by now!

EasyFeeling
02-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Their tour date announcements are a mess so there's still hope, GA.

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2008, 06:31 AM
They seem to just slot in where they want, don't they? Of course its probably more to do with the concert promoters and the availability of venues rather than simply the boy's preferences alone. Then I suppose they want breaks between gigs to see their families.

EasyFeeling
02-08-2008, 06:35 AM
I agree, GA. But it's annoying because people want to make plans where to go. If I would know for sure they are NOT coming here I would probably go to Rotterdam.

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Well I had to take that gamble too! Go to London or wait for Dublin. Looks like I made the right decision!

EasyFeeling
02-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Definitely! :D

Mrs Frey
02-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Well, the decision for me was a no-brainer, since pigs will probably fly first before they come to South Africa. :roll:

I hope they surprise me. I would be the first person to buy tickets for their South African show, wherever in South Africa it is! :pray:

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey! I might too :D

glenneaglesfan
02-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the news about the extra London dates, EF. I'll only be going to one show this time, after all it's one more than I was expecting initially!

I wonder if they'll stay in England in the time between the shows? I volunteer to be their tour guide! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2008, 05:51 PM
If Glenn :heart: wanted to head across the water to play a bit of golf I could make some recommendations to him. Personally of course :wink:. And he'd need a guide.

StephUK
02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll volunteer to show Will Hollis the delights of the SouthWest Coast of England!!! Long walks by the sea, just Will & me...........that would be a dream come true. :smitten:

I'm counting off the days 'till I get to see the band. Wish I could afford to go to more than one now that they've added extra dates for London. Maybe they'll play some other places in England later in the tour, by which time I might have saved up.
Are you all counting down the days too?

LOL
Steph

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2008, 06:03 PM
You bet we are Steph! Operation Eagle started in this house several weeks ago and is making excellent progress!

39 days to go!

StephUK
02-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Same here. Seeing the Eagles is No 1 priority & everything else has to be planned around it & take second place. They've even made it Easter weekend, just to give us a bit more time to calm down after/get ready for the shows!! :D

LOL
Steph

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 03:43 AM
Er, excuse me GEF and GA - the boys will need THREE guides, i.e. ME included. :twisted: :wink:

Steph, I hear you about wanting to take Will Hollis for long walks by the sea. That's kind of where I want to take Glenn :heart: - Cape Town has plenty of delightful scenery that I can show him... :blush: :wink:

Mrs Frey, stop dreaming! :blush:

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 03:46 AM
Same here. Seeing the Eagles is No 1 priority & everything else has to be planned around it & take second place. They've even made it Easter weekend, just to give us a bit more time to calm down after/get ready for the shows!! :D

LOL
Steph

Oh yes, Steph, they're my No 1 priority right now too. It's difficult to concentrate on anything else! Since it's the first time I'm travelling overseas, I have so much to think about and plan! I'm so nervous!!

The Easter weekend is rather convenient, isn't it? I'll certainly need time to calm down after the show! :blush:

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2008, 04:44 AM
Er, excuse me GEF and GA - the boys will need THREE guides, i.e. ME included. :twisted: :wink:

Steph, I hear you about wanting to take Will Hollis for long walks by the sea. That's kind of where I want to take Glenn :heart: - Cape Town has plenty of delightful scenery that I can show him... :blush: :wink:

Mrs Frey, stop dreaming! :blush:

Oh No MF! Keep Dreaming.....because some day they might come true :D

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 04:48 AM
Oh, I certainly hope so, GA! :pray:

StephUK
02-11-2008, 05:30 PM
MF - as Glenn says 'To dream some times is the only way, to go places you can't get to any other way'

So we'll all keep dreaming!!

LOL
Steph

p.s. Will looks like he might be day-dreaming

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/will2/th_Lyineyes1jx.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/will2/Lyineyes1jx.jpg)

glenneaglesfan
02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I'll volunteer to show Will Hollis the delights of the SouthWest Coast of England!!! Long walks by the sea, just Will & me...........that would be a dream come true. :smitten:

I'm counting off the days 'till I get to see the band. Wish I could afford to go to more than one now that they've added extra dates for London. Maybe they'll play some other places in England later in the tour, by which time I might have saved up.

LOL
Steph

Hey Steph, I'm certainly counting down the days too! You mention the South West - I live down there - are you a West Country person, or do you enjoy holidays here? I live on the south edge of Dartmoor.

Love your quote by the way! :D

Mrs Frey
02-12-2008, 02:37 AM
MF - as Glenn says 'To dream some times is the only way, to go places you can't get to any other way'

So we'll all keep dreaming!!

LOL
Steph

p.s. Will looks like he might be day-dreaming

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/will2/th_Lyineyes1jx.jpg (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/will2/Lyineyes1jx.jpg)

I hear you, Steph, I hear you... :sigh: You're right, of course - it just hurts sometimes that those dreams won't come true... :cry:

Love your Will screencaps! 8)

StephUK
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM

LOL
Steph

Hey Steph, I'm certainly counting down the days too! You mention the South West - I live down there - are you a West Country person, or do you enjoy holidays here? I live on the south edge of Dartmoor.

Love your quote by the way! :D

Yes I do live in the South West. I'm in Weymouth, Dorset. I love Devon. I often come down in the summer. I love the moors. The Devon scenery is so much more dramatic than Dorset. I'm a bit of a dreamer, so I love to wander around on Exmouth or Dartmoor, just daydreaming. What's your nearest town?

LOL
Steph

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh girls, I'm doing plenty of dreaming too. I know they won't come true either but you never know!!

I once heard this quote MF!

"Close your eyes and wish...and if you close them tight enough ....and wish hard enough....when you open them your wish may come true........"

I guess there'll be a lot of closed eyes and wishing at the O2 Arena next month :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 05:54 PM
37 days to go

glenneaglesfan
02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes I do live in the South West. I'm in Weymouth, Dorset. I love Devon. I often come down in the summer. I love the moors. The Devon scenery is so much more dramatic than Dorset. I'm a bit of a dreamer, so I love to wander around on Exmouth or Dartmoor, just daydreaming. What's your nearest town?Steph

How nice to meet somebody else from this part of the world! My sister lives in Dorset (Poole), so I have walked some of your lovely coastal scenery in Purbeck and the Jurassic coast. My nearest town is Ivybridge, so we mostly walk the South Devon coast. I explored Topsham last year when my younger son did a driving course at Westpoint, but I don't know Exmouth so well. I love walking on Dartmoor as well.

Counting down the days now!! I've just bought my rail ticket - yay!

JoeFan
02-13-2008, 02:49 PM
The 6 April concert is not on ticketmaster, does anyone know how to buy tickets for that?

sodascouts
02-13-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't know where it went. Strange!

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:39 AM
Yes I do live in the South West. I'm in Weymouth, Dorset. I love Devon. I often come down in the summer. I love the moors. The Devon scenery is so much more dramatic than Dorset. I'm a bit of a dreamer, so I love to wander around on Exmouth or Dartmoor, just daydreaming. What's your nearest town?Steph

How nice to meet somebody else from this part of the world! My sister lives in Dorset (Poole), so I have walked some of your lovely coastal scenery in Purbeck and the Jurassic coast. My nearest town is Ivybridge, so we mostly walk the South Devon coast. I explored Topsham last year when my younger son did a driving course at Westpoint, but I don't know Exmouth so well. I love walking on Dartmoor as well.

Counting down the days now!! I've just bought my rail ticket - yay!

Cool, GEF! I got my foreign exchange sorted yesterday! :D

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:40 AM
Oh girls, I'm doing plenty of dreaming too. I know they won't come true either but you never know!!

I once heard this quote MF!

"Close your eyes and wish...and if you close them tight enough ....and wish hard enough....when you open them your wish may come true........"

I guess there'll be a lot of closed eyes and wishing at the O2 Arena next month :wink:

Oh, ABSOLUTELY, GA! I won't be closing them much when the boys are on stage, though! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2008, 04:22 AM
Oh neither will I MF! Neither will I!

glenneaglesfan
02-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Me neither!

Joefan, that's a mystery about the April 6 date. I haven't looked myself as I can't go again. You couldn't make March 20, could you? I have a spare ticket.

JoeFan
02-14-2008, 11:03 AM
No, I can't make that one, thanks though.

02-14-2008, 12:02 PM
I have a spare ticket.

Dag! There you go tempting me again, GEF! :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Dreamer! You are getting sleepy, you are seeing Glenn's :heart: eyes before you, and they're calling you home :wink:... to London... to the O2 Arena... on 20 March...

Is the hypnosis working? :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 05:17 AM
It would be great if you COULD make it EF!

EasyFeeling
02-15-2008, 05:26 AM
Me? I can't. :( My boss won't allow a day off when my co-worker is not here. And saying I'm sick that day... no, I better don't do that when I have to fly to London.

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Saying I'm sick that day... no, I better don't do that when I have to fly to London.

I would!

No seriously I understand how you feel and that you have to commit yourself to your work. Its just such a pity to have to pass up on such a good opportunity!

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 06:23 AM
I really feel for you, EF. It would have been fantastic if you could have joined us.

EasyFeeling
02-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Awww, that's sweet of you two :D ... I would love to join you but the date is just at an inconvenient time. :( We have Easter holidays that week and I usually can't take time off at school holidays.

glenneaglesfan
02-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Yay, I got my ticks!!!