PDA

View Full Version : Eagles at the CMAs

DonFan
09-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Big news on the CMA site:

EAGLES TO PERFORM AT “THE 41st ANNUAL CMA AWARDS” WEDNESDAY, NOV. 7 ON ABC
First-Ever Awards Show Performance by the Eagles
NASHVILLE – The Eagles will make their first-ever awards show performance at “The 41st Annual CMA Awards” airing live on Wednesday, Nov. 7 (8:00-11:00 PM/ET) on the ABC Television Network from the Sommet Center in Nashville.

The band’s decision to appear on the CMA Awards follows the success of their recently released Country single, “How Long,” which has been embraced by Country Music fans and is climbing the Country Music charts. “How Long” is the first single from the group’s soon-to-be released, double album, Long Road out of Eden, featuring 20 new studio recordings.

“From the early ‘70s this group has defined Country rock, and more than three decades later they are still creating music that resonates with our audience,” said CMA Chief Operating Officer Tammy Genovese. “They are an outstanding addition to the incredible lineup of performers for the CMA Awards.”

This marks the first performance by the Eagles on the CMA Awards, although the band is no stranger to “Country Music’s Biggest Night.™”

In 1993, Eagles drummer Don Henley was nominated for CMA Vocal Event of the Year with Trisha Yearwood for “Walkaway Joe,” which the two performed together during the 1992 CMA Awards. In 1994, Common Thread: The Songs of The Eagles won CMA Album of the Year. The project featured top Country artists performing Eagles’ hits including Clint Black, Brooks & Dunn, Vince Gill, Alan Jackson, Travis Tritt, and Yearwood.

The Eagles have sold more than 120 million albums worldwide, earning five No. 1 U.S. singles and four Grammy Awards. Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 is the best-selling album of all time, exceeding sales of 29 million units. The band’s Hotel California and their Greatest Hits Volume 2 have sold more than 16 and 11 million albums respectively. The Eagles were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1998.

Eagles will be performing six nights in October with CMA Vocal Group of the Year nominee Dixie Chicks as a Grand Opening celebration for the new NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in downtown Los Angeles.

EasyFeeling
09-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Wow :D thanks for posting this, DF.
Is anyone able to tape it? I can't watch it in Germany. :( Please... the Eagles and Keith together in the same show and I can't see that! :cry:

sodascouts
09-25-2007, 03:18 PM
I'll give it a shot. This is very cool!!!

Brooke
09-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Wonderful news! Thanks, DF!

Ok, I have a dvd recorder and have never learned how to record! I have tried several times, directions in hand! :roll: I will definitely be working on it again!

EasyFeeling
09-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Thank you, Soda and Brooke. This is one of the moments I really hate to be a German. :evil:

EasyFeeling
09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't know if anyone is able to record the show on the computer. I'm sure you are familiar with megaupload.com or yousendit.com where you can share video or audio. These are the places from where I got all my Keith videos and unreleased songs.

sodascouts
09-25-2007, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the performance is on YouTube within moments. It'll probably get jerked down quickly, but if you're fast, you can download it!

tbs fanatic
09-25-2007, 07:36 PM
That's great.

SweetHolly
09-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Yay! I'm so excited! :D

EasyFeeling
09-26-2007, 05:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the performance is on YouTube within moments. It'll probably get jerked down quickly, but if you're fast, you can download it!

Yes, maybe you're right but I better don't count on it.
Don't you want to put the performance on your site, Soda?

Mrs Frey
09-26-2007, 06:16 AM
Thanks for posting that article, DF! That is wonderful news. Our local "pay" channel usually shows us awards ceremonies, but not the CMA Awards. :( Don't worry, EF, you are not alone. South Africa is fast asleep when it comes to The Eagles. :roll: I think I need to pay one of our local promoters a visit... :idea:

sodascouts
09-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Yes, maybe you're right but I better don't count on it.
Don't you want to put the performance on your site, Soda?

I do and I will, if possible!

Glennsallnighter
09-26-2007, 05:21 PM
That'd be great Soda as its unlikely I'll be able to see it Live either. If anyone does manage to record it onto disc I'd really like to get a copy of it. :D If it does get onto youtube I'll do me best to download it and convert it to mpg or wma so we can put it onto the site.

Freypower
09-26-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm wondering if it will be shown on the Country Music Channel.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Man - I'm so excited! DonFan and I have decided to make the trip to Nashville to see the show. I guess I'm about to become a country music fan. :D Anyone else wanna join us?

DonFan
09-26-2007, 11:36 PM
I am so excited too!
I am a self-confessed "awards show junkie"--I love to watch the Grammys, the Oscars, the Tonys, and the like. Those shows are always held in New York or LA, however. Now the thought that I am actually going to be at an awards show in person--one that is within driving distance--and one where the Eagles are performing--is unbelievable. :shock: :D

Dreamer and I may not be the biggest country music fans in the world, but I love country rock, and I know we will have a blast!

Freypower
09-26-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm really happy for you. We expect a full report.

I had a look at the Country Music Channel and they are televising the Canadian CMAs soon, so I would guess they will do the American CMAs.

sodascouts
09-27-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm terribly jealous, guys. Have fun!

It appears the awards will be aired live on ABC.

SweetHolly
09-27-2007, 02:04 AM
Have fun y'all and send the guys lots of :love: .

EasyFeeling
09-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Man - I'm so excited! DonFan and I have decided to make the trip to Nashville to see the show. I guess I'm about to become a country music fan. :D Anyone else wanna join us?

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG, you both are going to that award show? I can't believe that since you always said you don't like country music. Ok, when it comes to the Eagles it's easy to forget, huh? :wink:
I'm soooooo jealous not only for the Eagles... you get to see Keith too! What a treat! :D You will have blast seeing him performing. Hopefully he's not singing only one song because his new single EVERYBODY is a ballad and not his best song. I cross my fingers he will also perform one of his rock songs. He always explodes on stage.
He's nominated for 3 awards, I hope he wins at least one award. He definitely deserves to win the Entertainer Of The Year.

glenneaglesfan
09-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Wow, I'm so excited for you two actually going. It's like a warm up for the tour! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Hope someone will be able to record it. Brooke, you'd better get that manual out! It took hubby and I about a year to grasp how to use our dvd recorder!

Brooke
09-27-2007, 10:52 AM
I am so excited too!
I am a self-confessed "awards show junkie"--I love to watch the Grammys, the Oscars, the Tonys, and the like. Those shows are always held in New York or LA, however. Now the thought that I am actually going to be at an awards show in person--one that is within driving distance--and one where the Eagles are performing--is unbelievable. :shock: :D

Dreamer and I may not be the biggest country music fans in the world, but I love country rock, and I know we will have a blast!

I love watching the awards shows, too. I always pick my favorites to win and like to see how it turns out.

This is just way cool that you guys are going! :band:

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG, you both are going to that award show? I can't believe that since you always said you don't like country music. Ok, when it comes to the Eagles it's easy to forget, huh? :wink:
I'm soooooo jealous not only for the Eagles... you get to see Keith too! What a treat! :D You will have blast seeing him performing. Hopefully he's not singing only one song because his new single EVERYBODY is a ballad and not his best song. I cross my fingers he will also perform one of his rock songs. He always explodes on stage.
He's nominated for 3 awards, I hope he wins at least one award. He definitely deserves to win the Entertainer Of The Year.

Dreamer and DonFan will be BIG country and Keith Urban fans before this show is over. I can feel it! 8)

Wow, I'm so excited for you two actually going. It's like a warm up for the tour! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Hope someone will be able to record it. Brooke, you'd better get that manual out! It took hubby and I about a year to grasp how to use our dvd recorder!

Can't wait for these reviews! Unbelievable!

And yes, I will be spending lots of time with that manual and the recorder in the coming days! :headscratch:

Edited to add: Dreamer and DonFan, you need to study Keith's thread COMPLETELY, before you go. :twisted:

EasyFeeling
09-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Dreamer and DonFan will be BIG country and Keith Urban fans before this show is over. I can feel it! 8)

Edited to add: Dreamer and DonFan, you need to study Keith's thread COMPLETELY, before you go. :twisted:

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif You might be right, Brooke. :wink: I can't think of someone who doesn't love him after seeing him live.
Still can't believe it, the Eagles and Keith in one show... couldn't get any better! :D :D

DonFan
09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
I can't think of someone who doesn't love Keith after seeing him live.
Still can't believe it, the Eagles and Keith in one show... couldn't get any better! :D :D

Yep, I'm one happy camper, all right. :nod:
We will fill you in on every detail!

rcknalwys
09-27-2007, 04:37 PM
You are lucky ladies getting to go to the CMA's! I'm in Tennessee myself but can't afford the tickets so won't be going. Please share all the details with us when it happens so we can all drool!!

09-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah - the tickets to the show are rather expensive, but I justified the trip to myself because I have an aunt that lives in Nashville that I decided to pay a visit to that week. :twisted: So aside from the cost of the ticket, the trip won't be that expensive for me.

I think it will be so cool to see the guys perform at their first awards show ever, even if they will probably do only one or two songs. I'm guessing they will do 'How Long' - at least I'm hoping they do.

I will definately have to buy a Keith Urban CD to listen to in the car on my trip. It will be my mission to thoroughly check him out for the girls here on The Border. :D Now help me out ladies, what CD should I buy? Does he have a greatest hits or compilation CD? I generally prefer those.

Molly
09-27-2007, 06:13 PM
What a cool experience -even if the Eagles weren't performing, I'm sure it would be exciting! Have fun, ladies!

Maleah
09-27-2007, 07:48 PM
How much are tickets, if you don't mind me asking DF and dreamer? That is SO cool that you guys are going! That's something I've always wanted to do!

DonFan
09-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Maleah, they have tickets available in several price ranges--you can see all the prices if you log onto ticketmaster.com and type in CMA Awards.

EasyFeeling
09-28-2007, 02:41 AM
Yeah - the tickets to the show are rather expensive, but I justified the trip to myself because I have an aunt that lives in Nashville that I decided to pay a visit to that week. :twisted: So aside from the cost of the ticket, the trip won't be that expensive for me.

I think it will be so cool to see the guys perform at their first awards show ever, even if they will probably do only one or two songs. I'm guessing they will do 'How Long' - at least I'm hoping they do.

I will definately have to buy a Keith Urban CD to listen to in the car on my trip. It will be my mission to thoroughly check him out for the girls here on The Border. :D Now help me out ladies, what CD should I buy? Does he have a greatest hits or compilation CD? I generally prefer those.

Dreamer, we love our aunts, don't we? :D
I looked for the ticket prices... :shock: yes, I agree it's expensive. But I think it's worth the price.
As for buying a Keith CD I will answer you in the Keith thread. :wink:

Mrs Frey
09-28-2007, 06:10 AM

Wow, Dreamer and DF!!! :shock: :jealous: I am so jealous! :wink: I hope the two of you will have a fantastic time. We want details after the show, okay? :D

Mrs Frey
09-28-2007, 06:15 AM

Dreamer, we love our aunts, don't we? :D
I looked for the ticket prices... :shock: yes, I agree it's expensive. But I think it's worth the price.
As for buying a Keith CD I will answer you in the Keith thread. :wink:

You girls crack me up! :lol: A niece in need is a niece indeed... :twisted: :wink:

I confess that I know nothing about Keith Urban :blush:. I've never had an opportunity to listen to his music, as it doesn't get played over here. Radio stations around these parts don't seem to be big on country music, or any GOOD music, for that matter... :roll:

EasyFeeling
09-28-2007, 07:47 AM
You girls crack me up! :lol: A niece in need is a niece indeed... :twisted: :wink:

I confess that I know nothing about Keith Urban :blush:. I've never had an opportunity to listen to his music, as it doesn't get played over here. Radio stations around these parts don't seem to be big on country music, or any GOOD music, for that matter... :roll:

LOL MF!
Same here! :roll:

09-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Yes - aunt's are so cool, aren't they? :wink:

This will also be my first awards show, so I am really looking forward to it. I didn't even think about it at first, but DonFan and I were discussing what we should wear. I'm not sure if 'regular' people like us are supposed to dress formal or not. We have to do some research. And now, speaking of "research", I'm headed over to Keith's thread, EF. :twisted:

Glenn's Girl
09-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Oh, I'm so jealous! Are the Eagles being honoured or just performing?

sodascouts
09-28-2007, 12:38 PM
They're just performing this time, but who knows? Maybe next year they'll get something.

Maleah
10-02-2007, 07:43 PM
OK Magazines report on the news :lol:

http://www.ok-magazine.com/posts/view/1708/

The Eagles Fly to Nashville
"It is a shocker, but the Eagles are set to perform their newest single, “How Long,” at the Country Music Awards on Nov. 7. This is the first time the all-star group will be hitting the CMA stage or any awards stage. It just shows that they may have been gone for 28 years, but never forgotten.

“We’re very excited to have the Eagles on the CMA Awards,” a rep for the CMA awards tells OK! “They obviously have Country roots and are a great talent.” Previously announced performers include Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, George Strait, Sugarland, Josh Turner, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban. CMA Chief Operating Officer Tammy Genovese says, “They are an outstanding addition to the incredible lineup of performers for the CMA Awards.”

The Eagles first album since 1979, Long Road Out of Eden, comes out Oct. 30."

SweetHolly
10-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Awesome Maleah! :D

Mrs Frey
10-04-2007, 06:47 AM
OK Magazines report on the news :lol:

http://www.ok-magazine.com/posts/view/1708/

The Eagles Fly to Nashville
"It is a shocker, but the Eagles are set to perform their newest single, “How Long,” at the Country Music Awards on Nov. 7. This is the first time the all-star group will be hitting the CMA stage or any awards stage. It just shows that they may have been gone for 28 years, but never forgotten.

“We’re very excited to have the Eagles on the CMA Awards,” a rep for the CMA awards tells OK! “They obviously have Country roots and are a great talent.” Previously announced performers include Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, George Strait, Sugarland, Josh Turner, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban. CMA Chief Operating Officer Tammy Genovese says, “They are an outstanding addition to the incredible lineup of performers for the CMA Awards.”

The Eagles first album since 1979, Long Road Out of Eden, comes out Oct. 30."

Thanks for posting this article, Maleah.

Highlight 1: Well, I should certainly hope so! :wink:
Highlight 2: DUH! :wink:

Okay, I'm just being nasty now. I suppose there isn't much more that they could have said! :laugh:

tbs fanatic
10-04-2007, 09:16 AM
That's great. I wish I had an aunt in Nashville - LOL.

10-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh - no problem TBSF. You see my maternal grandparents had 17 children - that's right - SEVENTEEN!. There are over 70 grandchildren, and we've lost count of the number of great grandchildren. So anybody who wants to have an aunt in Nashville, you can use mine. We can just tell her you are one of her nieces or nephews. She won't know the difference. :D :D

EasyFeeling
10-05-2007, 03:35 AM
Oooooooooooh, I desperately need an aunt in Nashville. :twisted: :twisted:

17? :shock: :shock: They seem to have had power blackouts many times. :wink:

Mrs Frey
10-05-2007, 06:45 AM
LOL, Dreamer and EF!! :rofl:

10-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Oooooooooooh, I desperately need an aunt in Nashville. :twisted: :twisted:

17? :shock: :shock: They seem to have had power blackouts many times. :wink:

I don't know, EF - with 17 kids, I'm thinking my grandparents didn't sit around waiting for blackouts! :kiss:

EasyFeeling
10-06-2007, 09:12 AM
No, seems they had better things to do. 8)

sodascouts
11-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Well, I've decided at the last minute to go to the CMAs. I'm sitting way in the back to save money, but it's gonna be fun!

DonFan
11-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Dreamer and I are so glad you will be going with us, Soda--this IS going to be fun!!

I just watched CMT Insider with the interview with the Eagles about the CMAs, and now I am looking forward to Wednesday's event even more! They talked about how the Common Thread album had a hand in bringing the guys back together for HFO, and then Don & Glenn both expressed appreciation to their country music fans over the years.

Molly
11-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Nancy -I'm glad you're able to go - in fact, I think it's really impressive! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_11_81-1.gif

sodascouts
11-03-2007, 06:28 PM
It always is! lol

Brooke
11-03-2007, 08:56 PM
That's great Soda! Hope you guys have tons of fun!

And yet again......... :jealous:

EasyFeeling
11-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Oooooooooh Soda, that's great. You three are so lucky. :D

Brooke, what about your DVD recorder? All set? :wink:

rcknalwys
11-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the CMT interview. Nice to hear they appreciate their country fans. Wish we all could be there with you. Give a BIG wave when the camera pans the audience so we can see you. Have a great time, enjoy Nashville.

glenneaglesfan
11-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Great news, Soda! It's very exciting just waiting to hear from you three!

Glennsallnighter
11-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Soda, Dreamer and DF! Its brilliant that you can all go. I sincerely hope you all have a great night, and am dying to hear how it went.

DonFan
11-04-2007, 06:24 PM
The Eagles have been largely ignored here in my hometown. The radio stations haven't been playing How Long, and the LROE display at our Walmart is miniscule. But at least they got a nice little mention in our Sunday paper's television pullout for the CMAs, which said:

"George Strait, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Rascall Flatts and ---DRUM ROLL--The Eagles, are scheduled to perform on the show."

EasyFeeling
11-05-2007, 03:48 AM
"George Strait, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Rascall Flatts and ---DRUM ROLL--The Eagles, are scheduled to perform on the show."

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* :heart: :heart:

Mrs Frey
11-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Fantastic, Soda! It's great that you're able to join DF and Dreamer to attend this special event. Yes, I'm totally :jealous:, but at least the three of you will be able to give us a review!

Go safe, girls, and I'm not even going to say "enjoy it" - of COURSE you're going to enjoy it! :wink:

Maleah
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Jealousy does not even begin to describe what I feel :D :lol: Have fun ladies! And make sure and give us EVERY detail ;)

tbs fanatic
11-05-2007, 11:49 AM
I am sooooooo jealous. Okay, now I shall expect the three of you to rush the stage and plant kisses on all the guys - LOL. Wouldn't it be hysterical if you actually did that :rofl: :rofl:

sodascouts
11-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I am sooooooo jealous. Okay, now I shall expect the three of you to rush the stage and plant kisses on all the guys - LOL. Wouldn't it be hysterical if you actually did that :rofl: :rofl:

LOL! I can see it now, splashed across the entertainment headlines - "Crazed female Eagles fans lose control and tackle band members before being pulled off by security and thrown into jail. When asked to comment, the band members only sighed,'It's a real hardship being so irresistible, but we can't help it.' The women were unable to speak coherently after the kissing fest."

Perfect Little Sister
11-05-2007, 01:31 PM
:rofl: Ok guys...be sure to leave bail money with Auntie!

EasyFeeling
11-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I think I have to come just to see that. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif
Brooke, do you remember the video of Keith which I've sent to you? With the girl who went on stage during the concert and said to Keith: I just wanna hang out here for a little while? http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif Imagine our three girls here doing that. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Brooke
11-05-2007, 02:24 PM
:lol: Yes, somehow, I can just imagine that EF! :twisted:

tbs fanatic
11-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Absolutely, we Border Girls are fearless :rofl: OMG - I have to watch now - just in case :rofl: :rofl:

11-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Well guys - I'll be heading out in the morning for my drive to Nashville. After all these superb ideas you all have given me, I guess I should hit the ATM one more time to see if I can get more cash to give to my aunt (just in case, you know). :wink: :wink:

I am really excited and am looking forward to having a great time with Soda and DonFan. I don't know if I'll get a chance to post while I'm away, but if not, I'll tell y'all all about it when I return.

Glennsallnighter
11-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Enjoy it girls, and Soda if you do manage to break that barrier, give Glenn :heart: a kiss from me too, won't you? :wink:

For those of us not so lucky to be there, I heard on Country mix this morning that highlights will be on BBC2 on Sunday night at 22:45 or 10:45pm (GMT).

Might suit some of us in this neck of the woods.

EasyFeeling
11-06-2007, 05:37 AM
I'm sure you three will have a lot of fun! :D Can't wait to hear your review. :D

Do you know James Denton (Mike Delfino) is one of the presenters? :shock: OMG, Glenn, Keith and James... 8)

Mrs Frey
11-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Go safely, Dreamer! And girls, go and kiss the boys (especially Glenn :heart:) for me too, now, you hear? :wink:

GA, that's nice for you that highlights of the show are going to be broadcast on a channel that you can tune into. No such luck here, I'm afraid... :cry:

EF, it seems like you're going to have a lot of fun watching the show! :D :D :D

EasyFeeling
11-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Yes. :D I'm sure I get all of Keith to download but not the Eagles and not James. And I would love to see the whole show. I rely on Brooke and her DVD recorder. :wink:

rcknalwys
11-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Be safe, have a great time, and go for broke, storm the stage and kiss the guys....Timothy for me of course!

Brooke
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Here's a bit from CMT with Don:

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/1573642/20071106/eagles.jhtml

Eagles Ready for CMA Awards Debut
Veteran Band Is Just One of the Superstar Acts Appearing on TV Broadcast

By: CMT.com staff

Wednesday night (Nov. 7) marks the Eagles' first appearance on the CMA Awards show, but drummer-vocalist Don Henley performed there 15 years ago and an album of their songs won album of the year honors two years later.

"We have a lot of friends in Nashville," Henley said during a recent interview in Los Angeles with CMT Insider. "A lot of our buddies from California have moved there ... and a lot of music being made there is very akin to what we do."

One of those transplants is John David Souther, a longtime ally who co-wrote one of the band's biggest hits, "New Kid in Town," with Henley and fellow Eagles founder Glenn Frey. Souther also wrote the band's current single, "How Long," which has already climbed to No. 26 on Billboard's country chart. Wal-Mart announced Tuesday (Nov. 6) that the band's new album, Long Road Out of Eden, sold more than 700,000 copies in its first week of release. (Wal-Mart and its Sam's Clubs are the exclusive retailers of the project.)

Henley performed "Walkaway Joe" with Trisha Yearwood during the 1992 awards show, but the band's country connection became even stronger when the tribute album, Common Thread: The Songs of the Eagles, played a major role in getting the band back together. The album, which was named the CMA's album of the year in 1994, featured songs performed by Brooks & Dunn, Vince Gill, Alan Jackson, Clint Black, Yearwood and several others. One of the tracks, Travis Tritt's cover of "Take It Easy," reunited the Eagles for a memorable music video.

"So we don't feel like carpetbaggers or anything," Henley said. "We feel like we have a very deep connection. We really started out as a country band. We had a banjo in our first single -- actually in the tag of 'Take It Easy' -- so we feel right at home doing the CMAs."

The Eagles blend of country and rock has become a major influence on modern country music.

"Yeah, we hear it sometimes," Henley said. "I'm not sure it's just us. There were a lot of groups. Timothy [Eagles bassist Timothy B. Schmit] was in a group called Poco that was around before we were, and they had a big influence, I think, on it. You know, the Flying Burrito Brothers, of course, and Buffalo Springfield and groups like that. So I think we influenced them and they influenced us. I think it's reciprocal. I think it goes back and forth."

The Eagles are just one of the acts appearing when the 41st annual CMA Awards airs live Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. The show from the Sommet Center in downtown Nashville will also feature actor-musician Jamie Foxx performing with Rascal Flatts. Other performers include Jason Aldean, Rodney Atkins, Big & Rich, Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Alison Krauss, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Rascal Flatts, George Strait, Sugarland, Taylor Swift, Josh Turner, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban. Reba McEntire will perform a duet with LeAnn Rimes.

Award presenters will include Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, Jason Michael Carroll, Bucky Covington, Jewel with Ty Murray, Kid Rock, Montgomery Gentry and Dwight Yoakam. Emerson Drive will present CMA Awards in pre-telecast festivities. Segment hosts for the three-hour broadcast include Sara Evans, LeAnn Rimes, actor James Denton and actresses Kate Walsh and Kimberly Williams-Paisley.

I'm ready for the show! Can't wait! :D

Billy
11-07-2007, 05:46 PM
My friend Pat Geary runs "voice of country" radio station in Nashville. He say's he's gonna get the boys to say hello to "billy"...listen out,and let me know.We won't get it here.

take it easy,

Billy