PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to post ... longing for the 70's

luvthelighthouse
03-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Hi everyone! I've fallen off the boards for a while. I just realized the Eagles are coming back to Chicago this month! :-? (was I under a rock?) In any case, I've been watching you tube for their earlier days. The long hair and big mustaches. :rockguitar: It's weird, but when I watch those video's, I get such mixed emotions. On one hand, I LOVE seeing and hearing them from a different era. On the other hand, I actually get kinda sad that I wasn't around to have seen them live back then. Is it strange to have a feeling of nostagila for a place/time you've never been? I often think... ah, to have been 20 in 1974... you know, instead of 4 yrs old.

I'm going to have to catch up on all the posts I've missed over the past few months... it may take me months to do so. Hope everyone is well!

TimothyBFan
03-06-2009, 09:22 AM
LTLH--I kinda know what you mean. I was 11 in 1974 and told by Mom & Dad that I was to young to go see them when my cousins presented me with a ticket to go with them. I remember crying for several days to no avail. When I got tickets last Sept. for Chicago, I reminded my Mom that I was now old enough and she couldn't stop me this time. Of course she didn't remember! :hilarious: The tour I am even sorrier for missing is HFO. That is the one show I would of loved to have seen because I remember when I first found out they were back together just how overjoyed I was. Besides, they all looked so scrumptous during that! :drool: Still do--just not quite as much!

thelongrun
03-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Same here... Born 1964:bye:

MikeA
03-06-2009, 03:49 PM
:band:

I was 26 in 1974. I didn't miss much...and anything I DID miss wasn't MY FAULT that I missed it. The one thing I did miss that I do regret was the Original Woodstock. Work prevented me from taking off to go to it.

But then, that was a mixed blessing....miserable conditions with rain and far more people to accommodate than the farm had facilities for. But OH, THE MUSIC!

Peekaboo
03-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I actually get kinda sad that I wasn't around to have seen them live back then. Is it strange to have a feeling of nostagila for a place/time you've never been? I often think... ah, to have been 20 in 1974... you know, instead of 4 yrs old.

Try not even being born yet. I'm 25 now and my friends always tell me that I have an old soul and that I should have lived during the 70's at the age I am now. :sigh: I wish.

sodascouts
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
I'd like to have seen them live back then, too, but would I have liked to have been born earlier? Nah. One word: Internet!

luvthelighthouse
03-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Wait, I have another word... Timetravel! :grin: BTW Soda, I just read that you were upfront at Fleetwood Mac. That's awesome! Stevie rocks!

Are you heading to Moline or Sears Centre to see the Eagles in Chicagoland this month? Seeing as how you are an Indy girl, we are like neighbors.

Glennsallnighter
03-06-2009, 06:11 PM
I was 6 in 1974! Still a bit young!! I'd love to have been a 70's Eagles groupie!
Welcome back LTL!

sodascouts
03-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Are you heading to Moline or Sears Centre to see the Eagles in Chicagoland this month? Seeing as how you are an Indy girl, we are like neighbors.

I'm afraid not! The Eagles are coming to Indy, so I'm saving my pennies for that.

Brooke
03-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I was 20 when I saw them in St. Louis in 1976. A perfect age for a groupie had I known then what I know now! But being a country girl from Missouri, I didn't know about such things and it was amazing that hubby and I could have even afforded our tickets back then. We probably lived on ramen noodles for a month to buy them for what, $20 each? And nosebleed seats to boot! :lol:

luvthelighthouse
03-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Awe Brooke, I'm :jealous:. You lucky girl! You got to appreciate them in the "here and now". You crack me up w/eating ramen!

Brooke
03-09-2009, 02:10 PM
lol!

Yeah, I think that's why I love their '70's 'look' the most. It brings back memories of that time and makes me nostalgic.

Stars
03-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Brooke, you are so lucky to have seen the guys in 1976! I was 24 years old back then, but for some reason, it took me til 2008 to go see them! Better late than never!:wink:

Brooke
03-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Oh, I know Stars. My brother and I were reminising about that concert last night before the Columbia show. He was about 17 and I was 20 and we had nosebleed seats. Somehow, he and my cousin made it down to the front row, so he always said. I never really believed him, but he talked about it again last night, so I guess it was true. And if you knew my brother, he would figure out how to get there, past security. But maybe it wasn't as tight back then, too. I didn't even try back then. :rolleyes:

MikeA
03-18-2009, 03:11 PM
past security. But maybe it wasn't as tight back then, too. I didn't even try back then. :rolleyes:

"Security?" I think the only "security" the guys wanted back then was first to keep rampaging girls from stampeding the stage and secondly, enough security to keep "the Man" out!

I know for a fact that at least half the audiences I was a part of back then would have been in jail for similar behavior TODAY at a concert.

Brooke
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Ok, see? I was too naive to even know what to do back then! I went to the concert and sat in my seat like a good little girl. :rolleyes:

amusefilms
04-21-2009, 12:11 PM
I was 15 when I saw them in ’77. The ticket it cost me $8.50 at the time. It was sooooooooo much money, but I didn’t care, I wanted to see them! My older sister had to drive me and my friends and come back to pick us up (she was a great sister!). We sat on the (our) left hand side of the stage and we were pretty high up (I thank God I brought binoculars!). It was a huge show-GREAT! They seemed full of life and really happy to be there …but as I remember kind of short (for those days anyway)-I saw them again in ’79 or ’80 (ouch can’t remember…the Long Run tour)…this one was a real disappointment (for me anyway). It really looked like they hated each other and were bored to tears (just going through the motions). Don Henley stood out as really not wanting to be there. Glenn (and Joe of course) were the ones with smiles. But honestly, I remember being struck at how dark it all seemed. Wonder if anyone else has memories like that?