PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Songs

Maleah
03-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Hey guys! I figured there was no better group of people to come to for input on this than you all! My nephew is getting married in July and we're looking for some wedding songs. Right now he's considering Matthew West's song "When I Say I Do," but I was wondering what are some that you guys would suggest?

Prettymaid
03-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Would this be their first dance song, or a song actually played during the wedding?

Peekaboo
03-07-2009, 09:29 AM
My brother and sis-n-law used Bruce Springsteen's song Secret Garden. They used it during the wedding and as their first dance.

Personally, I like these songs.

Tim McGraw- My Best Friend
Heatwave- Always and Forever
Shania Twain- From This Moment
Big and Rich- Lost In This Moment
Brad Paisley- Something About Her

I definitely have to go with For My Wedding and Taking You Home.

Maleah
03-07-2009, 01:48 PM
It's going to be a song played during their wedding. I don't know whether they're planning on playing the original or having someone sing it live though.

Hmmm PB...I'm sad to say I've never heard "Secret Garden" but I'll have to give it a listen. I've heard all the rest so I can agree that those are all beautiful songs. Especially the last two you mentioned ;) :D

EagleLady
03-07-2009, 01:49 PM
It's Your Love by Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill. I'd use that one

Maleah
03-07-2009, 02:50 PM
That's another great one, thanks!

AzEaglesFan
03-08-2009, 01:47 AM
We havn't had a wedding in our family for awhile.The song that we have all used is "Walk Through This World With Me". My Brother-in-law and Sister-in-law sing it at all the weddings.

sodascouts
03-08-2009, 04:29 AM
A good Eagles song is "No More Cloudy Days."

If you're going for the traditional, though, I'd say "At Last."

Ive always been a dreamer
03-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Or Love Will Keep Us Alive.

Prettymaid
03-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Hubby and I were married in 2000 in his living room by a pastor and only immediate family present, but during the wedding we played our song, I Could Not Ask For More, by Edwin Mccain.

Peekaboo
03-08-2009, 05:12 PM
That's a good one PM. I like that song.

Another good one is Keith Urban's song Making Memories of Us.

TimothyBFan
03-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Not very traditional but we played You've Got A Friend by James Taylor.

eaglesvet
03-10-2009, 02:46 AM
We went with a James Taylor double: "Only One" for our first dance, and "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" for our cake-cutting song. For my dance with my dad, we used the Natalie Cole/Nat King Cole version of "Unforgettable;" while Tom used Carly Simon's "My Romance" for his dance with his mom.