PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite concert DVD?

Koala
03-08-2009, 01:25 PM
mine are:
Genesis When in Rome ( brilliant Extras)
Eagles Farwell 1 Tour
Genesis The Way We Walk
Eagles Hell Freeze Over
Phil Collins Finally....the First Farwell Tour
Eric Clapton in Japan
Peter Gabriel Growing up

Genesis and Eagles are my great favorits Bands,
thats why they on the first places!
Genesis I hear incessant since 1992!

EagleLady
03-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Farewell 1

sodascouts
03-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Fleetwood Mac's The Dance.

The Eagles are awesome in Farewell 1 and Hell Feezes Over, but nothing can compete with the drama of Stevie Nicks singing Silver Springs to Lindsey Buckingham!

Brooke
03-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Besides the Eagles of course, we really love these:

Pink Floyd-Pulse (disc 2 is especially awesome! Roger Waters is missing, but the show is still fantastic!)

Bon Jovi-Live from London (John and Richie are HS & G!)

John Fogerty-The Long Road Home (Great show)

Aerosmith-You Gotta Move (these guys are wild and crazy and it's tons of fun!)

And I must not forget Keith Urban's Love, Pain, and the Whole Crazy World Tour Live (Yum!)

LWKUA
03-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Favorite Non-Eagles DVDs:

Steve Vai: Live at the Astoria
Doobie Brothers: Live at Wolf Trap
Collective Soul: Home

Favorite Eagles DVD:

Farewell I

I love HFO too but I find myself often preferring to watch F1 when it's a non-boot version of a performance.

Freypower
03-08-2009, 07:04 PM
We have so many!

I love Dire Straits' On The Night, though it isn't long enough. I agree with Brooke about Pulse and Long Road Home. Elton John at Madison Square Garden and at Ephesus (part of the Dream Ticket box set) are good. Zappa Plays Zappa is good. Page/Plant Unledded is great.

Live In Dublin (Glenn) is perfect and Farewell One is to date the best Eagles DVD.

EagleLady
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM
FP Your avatar is adorable.

Koala
03-09-2009, 02:41 AM
Pink Floyd-Pulse (disc 2 is especially awesome! Roger Waters is missing, but the show is still fantastic!)

I agree with you this DVD is really good,
I have forgotten this brilliant DVD on my list!:blush:

TimothyBFan
03-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Besides all the Eagles (which I must use a bootleg as my favorite for them-Christchurch), I love in no particular order...

Pulse-Pink Floyd
Dark Side of The Moon-Pink Floyd
Song Remains the Same-Zeppelin
Live at the Ritz-Guns N Roses (I absolutely love watching Steve Adler here!)
Live at Montreux-Jonny Lang

MikeA
03-09-2009, 08:58 AM
You mention the Doobies. Brought back a memory from around 1973 I think it was. The Doobies were billed for a concert at the University of Arkansas and as they were really "BIG" and were getting a lot of radio play-time, I got tickets to it.

There was a warm-up band that I guess everyone thought was just a local band. They came out and soon were rocking the audience. I mean they were blowing us completely away. Now, I like the Doobies, but I like everyone else in attendance that particular night were wishing that the Doobies would cut their act short and let that Opening Act come back on stage!

That Opening Act" "Ozark Mountain Daredevils!" We heard a LOT more of them as time passed, but no one had heard of them when they were opening for the Doobs!

Favorite Non-Eagles DVDs:

Steve Vai: Live at the Astoria
Doobie Brothers: Live at Wolf Trap
Collective Soul: Home

Favorite Eagles DVD:

Farewell I

I love HFO too but I find myself often preferring to watch F1 when it's a non-boot version of a performance.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Okay - my favorite concert DVD is Farewell I without any question. However, close runner ups are Glenn's Live In Dublin and HFO. Of course, there a few awesome bootlegs that I love too. Oh hell - I love them all! :wink: :nod:

As far as non-Eagle concerts, I guess I'll have to go with my second favorite band. I love the Paul McCartney in Red Square concert and also the Concert for George.

Freypower
03-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Oh - Concert for George is magnificent. We just got The McCartney Years which includes a storming performance at Glastonbury, so I think it's time I got Red Square now.

As a Dire Straits fan I should also mention Knopfler's solo DVDs, A Night In London and his gig with Emmylou Harris, All The Roadrunning. Both are good but I would like to see a solo DVD with more of my favourite solo songs like Why Aye Man & Sailing To Philadelphia.

Prettymaid
03-10-2009, 07:55 AM
It's always nice to have a dvd of a concert you went to, so my favorite is Paul McCartney Back in the U.S. It's so nice to be able to relive a concert by watching the dvd. Can't wait until The Eagles put out a LROOE dvd (and they will!)

BTW, I don't own it, but a friend let me borrow Concert for George, and I loved it.

Between HFO and F1, I'd have to go with F1. Even though HFO has a lot of nice Joe moments, sometimes it feels like I'm watching The Don Henley Show.

sodascouts
03-10-2009, 11:54 AM
I have to agree with you about HFO vs. F1. Farewell 1 is a real Eagles concert; HFO is like "Don Henley and the Rest" much of the time. Glenn has 3 leads! I mean come on!

They sure do look SMOKIN' in HFO though, which makes up for it to a degree. ;)

Troubadour
03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
I have to say I favour HFO. Or at least, I watch it more. I've probably got a soft spot for it, because it's the video that got me into The Eagles, but I just think everything about it is wonderful. I love the versions of The Heart Of The Matter, New York Minute, The Girl From Yesterday, Wasted Time & The Last Resort. Pretty Maids & Help Me Through The Night are real treats too. Having said that, I can see why Glenn fans may feel a little put out!

As for non-Eagles DVDs, I have quite a few, but one I watch the most is Morrissey: Who Put The 'M' In Manchester? It's fantastic. I'm a huge fan.

Glennsallnighter
03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I would probably say Glenn :heart: Live in Dublin would be my favourite, followed closely by Farewell 1 and HFO. Christchurch also features prominently and Glenn :heart: in Japan ('86 I think). As Dreamer says......They're all great!!

EagleLady
03-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Personally, I think Don's Hair in HFO Makes up for it.

Troubadour
03-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Sorry, way off-topic, but... OH MY GOODNESS, EL, YOUR AV & SIG!! :smitten: What a cutie.

EagleLady
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks, That is one of my favorite pics of Don :inlove: what a cutie indeed

Freypower
03-10-2009, 07:34 PM
I have to agree with you about HFO vs. F1. Farewell 1 is a real Eagles concert; HFO is like "Don Henley and the Rest" much of the time. Glenn has 3 leads! I mean come on!

They sure do look SMOKIN' in HFO though, which makes up for it to a degree. ;)

Agreed.

Prettymaid
03-15-2010, 09:06 PM
John Denver's Wildlife Concert is great. Isn't it sad though, when he starts talking about wanting to go fishing with his grandson ( or something like that...it's been a while since I've seen it.) :cry:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
03-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Eagles:
Farewell I
HFO
Live Inside Job (i just like that he played some of the solo stuff I really Love i.e. Talking To The Moon and Lilah

Non-Eagles:
Queen Rocks Montreal
Styx Caught In the Act
Led Zeppelin The Song Remains The Same
The Who Live At the Isle Of Wight Festival
Elton John Elton 60
Def Leppard In the Round In Your Face
Eric Clapton Live From Madison Squar Gardens
Paul McCartney Live From Red Square

Glennsallnighter
03-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Another one which I added to my collection at Christmas and is well worth a watch is Spandau Ballet's 'Once More' live from the O2 in London late last year. Having been at that concert in Dublin too it only added to it. Well worth a watch if you can get your hands on it.

TimothyBFan
03-16-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm sure I've already answered in this thread (tho I didn't look back for sure) but a new one that I recently discovered was Bad Company Hard Rock Live. Paul Rodgers' voice is still so amazing and he still looks to young. Great concert vid!!

Stars
03-16-2010, 07:58 AM
John Denver is truly one of my all time favorites!:thumbsup: I get choked up watching the Wildlife Concert too. However, more often than not, I am grinning from ear to ear, listening to his music. That concert is among my favorite concert DVDs.
Another one I just love is Neil Young's "Rust Never Sleeps" concert DVD. I actually remember going to see that at the theater in the late seventies-they gave out 3D glasses-wish I still had mine!:hilarious:

EasyFeeling
03-23-2010, 02:39 PM
I just saw this thread, cool :thumbsup:

My favourites, in no particular order:

Eagles:
HFO and Farewell

Keith Urban:
Livin' Right Now
Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy World

KISS:
MTV unplugged
Symphony