PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FORWARD TO JUNE/JULY SHOWS

StephUK
03-14-2009, 02:37 PM
I'll be seeing the Eagles(and my darling Will Hollis) in Ireland/Northern Ireland on 28th & 30th June and 2 July; then in Birmingham, England on 8 July.
I can't wait - it's 15 weeks yet, but I'm already thinking about it constantly.
I've been lucky to have seen them 4 times so far on the LROOE tour - in London UK, Houston & Dallas TX.
I expect 8 July will be the last show I get to see. After Europe, will they do Australasia? and if so, can I afford to visit my relatives in Sydney, Australia & see the Eagles while I'm there? Unlikely, but it's good to dream!

Steph

Freypower
03-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Steph, we don't know if they are going to do Australasia. If they do, I would love to meet you. I was assuming they would be down here in our spring/summer. If Tim is planning on releasing his album in the northern autumn, which is our spring, I can't see them coming then because he will want to do promotion. Also with the current economic downturn huge tours of this type are avoiding Australia. I am not hopeful for this year.

sodascouts
03-14-2009, 05:50 PM
I imagine they'll get Down Under eventually, but who knows when? However, I don't think Tim promoting his new album will be an obstacle. Even when promoting Feed the Fire, he made very few appearances, from what I understand. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Steph - how wonderful for you to see more shows! have fun!

StephUK
03-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Steph, we don't know if they are going to do Australasia. If they do, I would love to meet you. I was assuming they would be down here in our spring/summer. If Tim is planning on releasing his album in the northern autumn, which is our spring, I can't see them coming then because he will want to do promotion. Also with the current economic downturn huge tours of this type are avoiding Australia. I am not hopeful for this year.

Maybe if they don't get there this year they'll make it in 2010. I might have saved up enough to think about it by then!
Steph

Freypower
03-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Perhaps. And by then I will have had to wait 6 years.

timfan
03-15-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't think Tim promoting his new album will be an obstacle. Even when promoting Feed the Fire, he made very few appearances, from what I understand. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Whether Tim releases the album in the fall should not effect the Eagles touring. Last time with Feed the Fire. Tim did solo promotional interviews etc... WHILE on tour with the Eagles (in Europe then). I would think that Tim might do some small appearances like he did for FTF in California; but I would expect those to be during the Eagles 'off' months. As Tim has always said.. the Eagles come first.

Glennsallnighter
03-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Yee Hah Steph! You going to Belfast?????? GREAT! I was HOPING someone off the border would be going. Laura and I are going as well.

:yay::yay::yay:

StephUK
03-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Yee Hah Steph! You going to Belfast?????? GREAT! I was HOPING someone off the border would be going. Laura and I are going as well.

:yay::yay::yay:

My friend & I are having a 10 day holiday in Ireland/Northern Ireland and following the Eagles from Galway to Belfast to Dublin.

Are you on ILAA tickets? We have 5 star ILAA.

Steph

Glennsallnighter
03-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Brilliant! We've 5* tix for Belfast and 4* for Dublin! See Ya there!

AzEaglesFan
04-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Got this on Google http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0421/1224245070955.html

Stars
04-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Anyone going to the Glasgow concert on 4th July? I would love to meet up with any Borderers who plan to be there!
Roll on July 4th!:)

sodascouts
04-21-2009, 11:26 AM
What a shame about Galway! And astonishing, too. Low ticket sales???

Koala
04-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Got this on Google http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0421/1224245070955.html
I just have read it here:
http://www.galwaynews.ie/7246-eagles-cancel-galway-gig
and here:
http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/308/105/

Glennsallnighter
04-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry too about Galway but I can't say I'm surprised. A lot of people have lost their jobs over here with the collapse of the construction industry and the global recession. The Government have increased taxes and have introduced effectively an additional tax on the 'privilidge' of being a public service worker. Alot of shops have shut down and really nobody is spending on anything other than necessities. We were at Disney's 'Finding Nemo' on Ice and the hall which has been packed other years for the ice show was nearly empty, with only 3 rows of seats along the main stage filled.

In fact, though of course I wouldn't admit it to my nearest and dearest, I would say that the hour long Eagles special that one of the Dublin radio stations put on the other night was probably an effort to attract more ticket sales. I'm glad I chose Belfast over Galway for the other gig I planned to go to.

Fingers crossed for Dublin and Belfast!!

TimothyBFan
04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
What a relief GA---As I started to read this, my first thought was of you. Couldn't remember if this was one of your shows. Glad to hear it wasn't and hope your shows go off without a hitch.

sodascouts
04-21-2009, 12:10 PM
GA, in light of your explanation of the economic situation of people in Galway, I now understand perfectly why the ticket sales were low. I hope our guys understand that, too. Might give them pause.

anne-o-gg
04-21-2009, 12:14 PM
a quote from one of the links on pg 1...what does this mean?

"The California based band, formed in the seventies and still going strong despite interpersonal problems among band members"

huh?????

EagleLady
04-21-2009, 12:16 PM
I think that means they've managed to make it thus far despite the breakup and the problems they had.

sodascouts
04-21-2009, 12:18 PM
AoGG, I understand what you were really asking by your question.

Don't concern yourself with reports of fighting amongst the band made by uninformed reporters. They always throw that kind of stuff in without any real basis for it, except for maybe what they read in Felder's book!

luvthelighthouse
04-21-2009, 12:26 PM
GA, I'm so glad this doesn't effect you. Of course, I feel badly for all the people who had tickets and now much see them at another venue or not at all.

Also, in regards to the infighting comment... in the words of Glenn Frey, "Get Over It!" (stinking reporters...)

anne-o-gg
04-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Also, in regards to the infighting comment... in the words of Glenn Frey, "Get Over It!" (stinking reporters...)

Don't concern yourself with reports of fighting amongst the band made by uninformed reporters. They always throw that kind of stuff in without any real basis for it, except for maybe what they read in Felder's book!

Shoo-wee...http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv247/tgreer72/smiles_34.gif

luvthelighthouse
04-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Oh, AOGG, I didn't mean for YOU to get over it. I meant the reporter!!! I'm so sorry if it came off wrong!

sodascouts
04-21-2009, 02:47 PM
On a related note, I wonder how the negotiations regarding the Eagles playing at Portman Road are going? I haven't heard an update since the report that talks were stalled in late March. I guess, in this case, no news is bad news!

anne-o-gg
04-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Oh, AOGG, I didn't mean for YOU to get over it. I meant the reporter!!! I'm so sorry if it came off wrong!

Absolutely not, ltl - I knew what you meant... ;)

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2009, 04:36 AM
What a relief GA---As I started to read this, my first thought was of you. Couldn't remember if this was one of your shows. Glad to hear it wasn't and hope your shows go off without a hitch.

Thanks Willie! and the others who thought of my plans when they heard this news. :hug: I will admit I had a few anxious moments. It would have been a disaster had Belfast been cancelled, as I have tickets for Laura for her birthday on Friday. As Dublin and Belfast are technically different jurisdictions it means one gig in each the Republic and Northern Ireland, so I'm hoping they won't leave either with nothing.

On a more positive note.......I can now say I am going to ALL the Eagles gigs on the Island this summer!!

StephUK
04-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I had an email from ILAA to tell me that the Galway show is cancelled - they didn't admit to 'poor ticket sales', they said it was 'due to a scheduling conflict'.
Let's hope Belfast & Dublin are OK, and lets also hope no other UK shows are cancelled. I have tickets for Birmingham. May also go to Glasgow - still thinking about that one.

Steph

Freypower
04-22-2009, 07:29 PM
GA.... thank goodness. I had been thinking about you and I am glad you weren't going.

Scheduling conflict - yeah. With what? I am really sorry if ticket sales were poor.:worried: (Please don't postpone Asia/Australia any more guys! Your ticket sales here will not be poor... although you may have to consider lowering some prices).

The stuff about the 'infighting' annoys the hell out of me.

Troubadour
04-29-2009, 09:44 PM
I received my tickets for the Birmingham show today!

I had to laugh though when I saw a little warning from the promoter printed on the bottom of the ticket - "people around you may stand." :fear: LOL!

Glennsallnighter
05-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I received my tickets for the Birmingham show today!

I had to laugh though when I saw a little warning from the promoter printed on the bottom of the ticket - "people around you may stand." :fear: LOL!

Rephrased to: 'You may stand around people'