PDA

View Full Version : What are some things you love about the LROOE tour?

sodascouts
03-17-2009, 07:53 PM
I was thinking it would be nice to have a thread regarding the things we love about this tour as well.

One thing I love is that they are doing the tour at all! Back in 2005, when I saw them in Sacramento, I thought that would be it. I never dreamed we would get a new album and a new tour. I'm so grateful for that!

I love how many new songs they play. That takes guts and it could have backfired, but they pull it off.

I love the visuals, especially during Life's Been Good. What a hoot! And the ones for Long Road Out of Eden make that song work live, IMHO.

Feel free to add your faves!

TimothyBFan
03-18-2009, 08:54 AM
I love this topic and might have to add to it several times. :hilarious:

The first thing that pops into my mind every time I think about the concerts I've been to is hearing the opening notes to How Long and the lights coming up--It was such a thrill the first time--I remember breaking into tears, I was so happy. It was just as thrilling the next time!

the second thing is this...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/EaglesFargoND2009.jpg

and especially this...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/TimothyBSchmit130.jpg

I had waited a lot of decades for that chance to see them in person and it was worth everything to me!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Soda - the things that come to my mind are pretty much the same as yours. Quite honestly, overall, I have to say I liked the Farewell I tour better, However, the fact that the guys are still touring at all, and with new music to boot, is such a treat that I am very grateful for. The new set is superior especially in the 2nd half of the show. I love the backdrop screens for all of the songs.

Maleah
03-21-2009, 01:57 AM
I love everything about it! I'm even getting to love the suits! lol I too, love the animations, photos, and videos that they have added to the songs. I love the length of the show, not that that is anything new. I love the mixture of old and new songs. I love that they're STILL doing Dirty Laundry, Boys of Summer, and the Long Run and I got to hear them TWICE! I love that they started doing Witchy Woman and I got to hear that twice too! lol

What I DON'T love, however, is the sense of doom I feel when I wake up the day after the concert! lol Ever since I saw them this past Sunday I have just been bummed realizing that this was more than likely the last time I will ever see them. Then I got even MORE depressed realizing that they're 61......and realizing they're not going to be doing this much longer. Obviously I have been a tad on the depressed side. lol I needed to get all that off the chest to people who wouldn't just shake their head and roll their eyes at me. lol :hug:

Prettymaid
03-21-2009, 09:33 AM
What do I love about this tour...let's see...I've never seen them in any other tour, so I would have to compare it to HFO and F1 dvds. Or, I guess I don't have to compare it to anything!

I'm very grateful they put out a new album and decided to tour again. Seeing the Eagles live was on my very short bucket list, and now I'm going to get to see them twice - un-freakin'-believeable!

I love that they open with How Long - great choice IMO.

I love that they are spot on with everything they perform, and that they are aware that their fans want to hear songs 'like they sound on the albums'.

I love the backdrop also, but I'm going to try not to be distacted from the guys on Sunday!

I love that despite all the things we've heard in the past about them not getting along you can clearly see the affection and respect they have for one another.

Can you imagine not being a fan and going to one of their concerts? As soon as they start playing a song you'd be saying, "Oh, I know that one" , or, "I didn't know they did that one!" Their music is truly timeless.

eaglesvet
03-24-2009, 11:21 AM
I loved the LROOE songs they open the 2nd set with, sitting on their stools. I was able to see what parts each of them, inc. Steuart, played in those songs, both instrumentally and vocally...never mind the fact that those songs are among my faves from the album!
I also love the points where they do The Long Run and Heartache Tonight...perfectly placed within the show for optimum effect, IMHO.

Fan_For_Life
03-24-2009, 12:20 PM
The thing I like most about LROOE Tour is that they play so many new songs. Alot of bands I see anymore leave the majority of the set to classic "hits" and play maybe one or two new ones. Not so with the Eagles where they played 9 new songs. Very impressive IMO. I know they play a 3 hr set as opposed to 90 mins but perhaps if some of these other older bands do this(play longer sets) they will get the same response with the new stuff as they do with the older songs.

luvthelighthouse
03-28-2009, 10:09 PM
1) I love the length of time they play

2) I love that they still sound amazing!!!

3) I love how they can take a song I don't really care for on the CD, perform it live and make me love that song! ie: LROOE

4) What I really love is Glenn, Don, Timothy and Joe...

Ive always been a dreamer
03-28-2009, 10:19 PM
4) What I really love is Glenn, Don, Timothy and Joe...

Well - ain't it the truth! That just about sums it all up, doesn't it!!!

Fan_For_Life
03-28-2009, 11:26 PM
I love this topic and might have to add to it several times. :hilarious:

The first thing that pops into my mind every time I think about the concerts I've been to is hearing the opening notes to How Long and the lights coming up--It was such a thrill the first time--I remember breaking into tears, I was so happy. It was just as thrilling the next time!

the second thing is this...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/EaglesFargoND2009.jpg
I had waited a lot of decades for that chance to see them in person and it was worth everything to me!!!

Two months later and I can still feel the goosebumps running through me from this show.

Wonder if they get this feeling too when they see all the people that come to see them?