PDA

View Full Version : Ohio pre concert press

TimothyBFan
03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
http://www.ohio.com/entertainment/41433152.html

TimothyBFan
03-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Here's another one from Cleveland--interview with Don Henley

Hey all you on the West Coast-- TICKYsee the answer to the last question!!! Patience my dears!!! Patience!!!

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/2009/03/with_eagles_ready_to_land_at_t.html

ticky
03-18-2009, 02:53 PM
A spark of hope!! A tear in my eye! maybe.. just.. just... maybe...

melrose
03-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Oh joy! *fingers crossed* I thought this was going to be my last Eagles concert :cry:. I might actually get another chance :pray:

Troubadour
03-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Q: On "Hotel California," you sing: "So I called up the captain / 'Please bring me my wine' / He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.' " I realize I'm probably not the first to bring this to your attention, but wine isn't a spirit. Wine is fermented; spirits are distilled. Wine also has a lower ABV (alcohol by volume) percentage than spirits. Do you regret that lyric?
A: Thanks for the tutorial and, no, you're not the first to bring this to my attention -- and you're not the first to completely misinterpret the lyric and miss the metaphor. Believe me, I've consumed enough alcoholic beverages in my time to know how they are made and what the proper nomenclature is. But that line in the song has little or nothing to do with alcoholic beverages. It's a sociopolitical statement. My only regret would be having to explain it in detail to you, which would defeat the purpose of using literary devices in songwriting and lower the discussion to some silly and irrelevant argument about chemical processes.

Ooh! That's our Don :lol:

I loved his comments about this tour going on into 2010 & then solo projects afterwards. I'm not even thinking that far ahead yet, but... Woo! It's nice to hear. And YEAH ticky! It will happen!

sodascouts
03-18-2009, 07:22 PM
All I can say about that Hotel California exchange is - ZING, Don! You pwned him good. ;)

EagleLady
03-18-2009, 07:27 PM
All I can say about that, Is The Interviewer got Burned

Freypower
03-18-2009, 11:02 PM
I note the 'Pacific Rim' part.

Regarding the alleged comment to Joe Vitale about not playing a fill during Those Shoes.... a simple solution would, of course, have been for Mr Henley to play drums himself during that song. But.....

Ive always been a dreamer
03-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Well I gotta say, Don sometimes gets a bad wrap, but that reporter had that answer coming to him for asking such a ridiculous question.

Freypower
03-18-2009, 11:23 PM
I agree they were stupid questions. Why didn't he throw in 'why did you misspell Mercedes Benz' while he was at it?

Freypower
03-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I think Paul Cashmere is being very optimistic here:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=7854

There is no mention in Don's interview of exactly WHEN the Australia/Pacific tour will happen. Therefore I have not felt it of sufficient importance to start a new topic. I've often thought November was obvious, but recently have started to lean towards 2010.

Let's hope, OK? :angel: