PDA

View Full Version : Jade Goody RIP

Glennsallnighter
03-22-2009, 06:40 PM
British Reality TV star Jade Goody passed away in the early hours of this morning aged 27. She had fought a brave but sadly fruitless battle with cervical cancer since being diagnosed late last summer.
http://news.ie.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-
Many people both here and in the UK have been following her progress, had been hoping she would have been cured and sent her messages of support during her illness.
Jade was famous for being a rather 'infamous' big brother contestant in the 2nd British run (and proably the most successful) of the series.
What makes it particularly sad about her death today is that she has left behind two little boys aged 4 and 5.
Already her legacy is that she has raised the awareness of many young women to the danger of non detection of cervical cancer and it has been documented already that the numbers of women looking to be screened over here and in Britain has increased significantly since her diagnosis.

May she rest in peace and be that star in the sky that she told her boys to look out for.

Troubadour
03-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Sad news. It all seemed to happen so quickly. I hope those little boys have a good support network around them - I really feel for them.

EagleLady
03-22-2009, 07:27 PM
How sad! My thoughts and prayers are with her two little boys

tbs fanatic
03-23-2009, 12:56 PM
That is very sad. I have been following her story over the last few weeks. She was definitely a character. Very sad for her little boys.

Midnight_Flyer
03-23-2009, 05:21 PM
such a shame, and at such a young age, my thoughts are with her family, R.I.P x x x x

Mrs Frey
03-24-2009, 11:41 AM
So sad. Yet another young mother taken away and leaving two young children behind...

I wish Jane's children and husband all the strength they need during this difficult time, and all the difficulties they will face without her in the coming years.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-24-2009, 11:55 AM
I will also add to the comments expressed here. How sad to lose someone so young. My thoughts are with her family, and especially, her two young children.