PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis 3-22-09

sodascouts
03-23-2009, 01:29 AM
I don't have time to write a full review now - I'm exhausted! - but I thought I'd stick in a few factoids to hold folks over until PM and/or I write a longer review:

- They didn't do Busy Being Fabulous
- Don and Glenn both sounded great; it appears they've recovered :: knock on wood ::
- Joe was on fire, and in good spirits
- Tim also seemed upbeat and got great crowd response
- During The Long Run, Joe held up a picture of a camel to Don when Don came over to do the "couldn't hold a candle to you" bit. Don cracked up.
- Glenn sang two bars of My Girl (yay!!)
- The encore was a combo - they only did one, but they did Take It Easy/Rocky Mountain Way/Desperado rather than just Take It Easy/Desperado. It looks like All She Wants To Do Is Dance is gone for good!

Lots more happened that I'll talk about later. What a great show!

Koala
03-23-2009, 02:01 AM
This sounds already really good, I am curious on the detailed Review.

Koala
03-23-2009, 03:49 AM
This morning I found this article:

http://indianapolis.metromix.com/music/review/the-eagles-kill-them/1045380/content

(http://www.indystar.com/article/20090323/ENTERTAINMENT/903230360/1005/ENTERTAINMENT)

TimothyBFan
03-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Aah Soda---What a tease you are! ;) Can't wait to hear the rest. Sounds as if they have mixed things up a bit!! No BBF but adding RMW--I think that's a pretty good trade off but sorry to hear that ASWTDID seems to be caput.

Koala--thanks for the review you posted. For awhile there I thought it was for a Don Henley solo concert. :grin: Had nice things to say about him. Something positive about Tim at the end also---nice to see for a change.

Nancy-- Cathy--are you awake yet? Anxiously awaiting! ;)

tbsfan
03-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Something positive about Tim at the end also---nice to see for a change.

Yes, a media review from a grown-up. Kind of refreshing...

DonFan
03-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the short review, Nancy--I'm looking forward to hearing all about it in detail! I am surprised they dropped BBF--wonder why? But I'm glad to see the return of RMW.

Troubadour
03-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks for checking in, Nance. I can't wait to read the full review! Glad to hear that Don & Glenn seem to have recovered. I'm interested to know why BBF has been dropped too.

Thanks for the review, Koala. I loved the description of Don doing his soul man thing during LR. He "moved freely and passionately" - mmm! :inlove:

melrose
03-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Yes, a media review from a grown-up. Kind of refreshing...

Hopefully others will follow their lead. There is no shortage of mediocre Timothy reviews :-?

I can't wait to hear their reviews! I know they had a blast

Prettymaid
03-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi everybody! How ya doin'?
Yesterday proved to be everything I had anticipated and more!

Hubby and I arrived in Indianapolis several hours earlier than our arranged time to meet Soda. We did a little shopping at the Circle Centre Mall, walked around the city a bit, and sat on the steps at Monument Circle for awhile just enjoying the sights and the beautiful 70 degrees and sunshine.

We met Soda at the Hard Rock Cafe, and after touring the place to see if there was any Eagles' memorabilia, (there wasn't :ack:) we were seated in the 'Jackson Five Room' :hmm:. Oh well, at least it was quiet back there and we had a very pleasant dinner and conversation.

We were all excited about the concert and walked over to the venue just as they were opening the doors. We were puzzled to see that they were making everyone pull their pantlegs up to reveal their shoes, but not checking bags :headscratch:. I didn't see anybody get kicked out for not wearing cute shoes, so I guess it was okay.

We immediately went down to find our seats and that was when we really got pumped. Hubby and I were in the second row right in front of Glenn's mic, and Soda was seven seats down in front of Joe's. Okay, I briefly thought about asking Soda if she wanted to switch seats, but thought I'd better stay with Hubby! ;):grin:. Besides, our seats really were great. For one thing, the distance between the stage and the first row was very minimal, so we were right there - I mean RIGHT THERE!!! We talked with our concert 'neighbors' for a while, and then it happened - a man with a laminated Eagles badge around his neck walked in front of the seats stopping occasionally to announce the 'Eagles standing/sitting policy'. He was very polite - more imploring than dictating, but gave us the rules nonetheless. We were to basically look around during slower songs, and if the majority of people were seated we were to stay seated. But if it was a faster song and the majority of people were on their feet, it was okay for us to stand. I guess the point was that since we were in the front, we could potenetially ruin the view of the people behind us, which could cause a ripple effect.

It's almost showtime. Hold on to your seats for part two!

sodascouts
03-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I know I'll forget stuff and hopefully PM can help me out with this, but here goes!

I had second row and I thought aisle, but turns out they had filled in the aisles to seat more people. I was RIGHT in front of Joe's microphone and surrounded by hardcore Joe fans who were hootin' and hollerin' for him all night. Not a bad place to be! ;)

Before the show, a guy wearing a backstage pass came out and announced that he had a request "direct from Don and Glenn" that we all sit down during the slow ballads. He said that during the fast songs we were welcome to dance our hearts out, but they didn't want us standing during the slow songs, thus forcing everyone else to stand, and they wanted to avoid that. He was very nice and phrased it in a friendly way, but I still rolled my eyes. I've already made my feelings about this known elsewhere, so I won't get into it here.

Regardless, I was totally jazzed. I hadn't been this close since London 2006, when I had first row. PM and her husband were just a few seats down, closer to the center. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I couldn't wipe the huge grin off of my face. This was gonna be awesome!!!

A lot of this is going to be repetitive of other reviews - after all, they're doing the same stuff - but I'm gonna put it all down anyway.

They came out to roars to perform How Long, but before the song was even half over the crowd sat down. This was hardly a "slow ballad" but I obeyed the "do what the majority does" rule and sat down accordingly. The guys sounded great to me; I couldn't detect any problems. Looks like they're over their colds or whatever (knock on wood). I began to engage in some animated chair dancing. ;)

Glenn announced after the song that we were going to hear some new songs from Joe and Tim, with no mention of Don... and I knew we weren't getting Busy Being Fabulous. Since Don's voice sounded fine to me, I wonder if that song has been dropped! Maybe it'll be like No More Cloudy Days was for Farewell 1 - now you see it, now you don't - and it'll be back.

Tim sounded lovely on I Don't Want to Hear Any More, and two ladies beside and behind me, who were obviously big Tim fans, gave him a standing ovation for it.

Guilty of the Crime rocked as well. Joe seemed to be in great spirits throughout the night, which I'm sure was not hurt by the very vocal Joe lovers at his feet. He got a standing ovation from them, and a lot of others, after the song. It appeared that my section at least would be very pop-goes-the-weasel - up and down, up and down! Better than always seated, though.

When Hotel California got started, the crowd got to their feet and I got to do some real dancing, despite the fact that we were packed in there so tight I was hard-pressed not to hit anyone accidentally. It was also horribly hot. I was red as a beet and the poor guys next to me - who were very nice and bought me a drink - were sweating profusely. I turn red easily and could feel my face heating up - and it wasn't just from the excitement of the show! But all discomfort was forgotten as the guys got to rockin', especially since I had a primo view of Joe's guitar work. Awesome!

As Glenn stepped up to the microphone for Peaceful Easy Feeling, I sighed happily. Such a romantic song, and he sings it so well! He got a standing ovation after that as well. I adore that song!

He went over to the keyboard for I Can't Tell You Why and Tim came up to do his stuff. Beautifully done, with the whole audience singing along, it seemed. Afterwards, I heard people comment on how it's incredible that his range is so great even after all these years.

My chair-dancing stepped up a notch as Witchy Woman got going with its tom-tom beat. Flawless harmonies of course! While I've often thought that this song is the most expendable of the set, I still enjoyed it.

Glenn intro'ed Lyin' Eyes with his usual transition from "That was from our Satanic country-rock period... now we go ahead a few years. It's 1975 and Don and I are living together. We've had a couple hits and have a couple dollars in our pockets, and we go down to a restaurant called Dan Tana's every night. The most beautiful women in Hollywood are there... none of whom are available to us. [crowd laughs] We'd see a certain story unfold every night and we decided to write a song about it. It's a long song, but we wrote it pretty fast... we did everything fast in those days. [crowd laughs again] We wrote it in two shows, and here it is... sing along if you like." "I'm dedicating it - as I do every night - to my ex-wife, Plaintiff." [crowd laughs again - just as they do every night]. They launched into Lyin' Eyes and I have to admit, Glenn didn't seem as into it as he did the other songs that night. Perhaps its length tires him. ;)

Boys of Summer brought the energy level up again. I was on my feet, as was most of the crowd. Such an awesome song, and Don did it up right! I must say that Don's new longer hairstyle makes him look younger, I think.

We stayed on our feet for In the City, and the Joe fans near me went nuts. I did too, 'cause they were really rockin' it! That song plays so well live! Joe hit all the notes, although he stepped back from the mic a bit as a safety precaution (just like Stevie Nicks does).

When Don moved out front for The Long Run, he and the band seemed to be having a lot of fun with it. He went over to Joe for the schtick with the "couldn't hold a candle to you" only to be confronted with Joe holding up a picture of a camel in the desert [I'm thinking the idea was that he was "holding a camel" to Don]. Don cracked up, shaking his head, and went back to the front to finish the song. Joe pulled it out again as they walked offstage after the first half. He apparently was very proud of it. lol

After intermission, they came out in the shadows for No More Walks in the Wood. They moved in very quietly and launched immediately into the sedate song; as such, no one even stood to welcome them back in. However, I guess they like it that way because then they don't have to worry about people standing too long during a slow song.... as we know, they find such behavior very distressing. ;) The song doesn't do much for me on the album, but I loved it live.

I knew one of my favorites Waiting in the Weeds was next. Their voices blended beautifully on it. I just love that "darling of the chic" part where Don takes it up a notch. Terrific!

Glenn gave his usual transition: "From the woods to the weeds... we call that our botanical portion of the set. Now we're going into the meteorological. This track follows the last track on our new album, [I]Long Road Out of Eden..." (etc). Once again I was absolutely enchanted by the way in which he sang No More Cloudy Days. His voice is so emotive. I love it!

Tim came back out and said "It's my turn to say hello to you, Indianapolis!" He gave a shout-out to the folks in the back and on the sides, to great cheers, and then thanked us for coming out on a school night. Poor guy thought it was Monday, I guess! No "Tempted" or anything like that. He went into Love Will Keep Us Alive and we all sang along. It gets a lot of hate on fan boards but everyone around me was loving it.

I leaned forward in my chair eagerly in anticipation for the next song, my favorite, Take It to the Limit. I hoped to death folks would stand for it but it was not to be, so I chair-danced in earnest, lol. Hopefully I didn't make too much of a spectacle of myself. ;) Such a great song. We gave them a standing ovation for it.

As they prepared for Long Road Out of Eden, the lady next to me said she felt bad about not knowing any of the new songs. I found myself sounding like a commercial as I said, "You should buy it. It's available exclusively at Walmart or through their website, eaglesband.com." lol I then warned her "This next song is the title track. It's really long - like 10 minutes - but it's good." She said "oh" and looked surprised, and I realized telling her the length probably was not a good idea. "Don't worry, you won't even notice how long it is! The screens are really cool..." then the song started and off we went. I think she did indeed enjoy it. How I love Joe's guitarwork on this song!

I have such a bad memory that I often forget the set list, so when they went into Somebody, I responded as if I'd never seen a show before - "Oh! Somebody!" lol While the audience stayed seated, they seemed to enjoy it. I noticed Glenn had untucked his shirt. Nice! Strangely, Tim had not, nor did he do so until the encore! Again, Joe's guitar was slammin'.

Joe got the audience to their feet with Walk Away. I got to dancin' once more! So fun! He seemed to kind of flub a line but it was hard to tell, because I was getting so carried away with the music that I wasn't sure if I heard right. lol

My section stayed on our feet for the smokin' hot One of These Nights. This one is so sexy live. It was getting everybody all worked up!

During the band intros, each of the guys got a comparable response. Tim's ovation was so loud and long he looked touched. He introduced Glenn as something like "the master of ceremonies... our fearless leader... man of a thousand jokes..." while Glenn made faces and hammed it up. Then, to my delight, he came to the mic and did two lines of My Girl before signalling "cut" to the band. Finally, I got to hear it! I was so happy that I jumped up and down, squealing with delight. Joe, who was right in front of me, just shook his head at me and laughed. I guess I came off as a bit over-the-top. lol Glenn introduced Don as the "best singer-songwriter I've ever worked with" and Joe as a "legend in his own mind." Yeah, we've heard it before, but I still laughed.

Joe did his routine apology to the kids for their parents playing Life's Been Good, then added a line I hadn't heard before: "That's why you're 'different.'" LOL! No changed lyrics for this show, but everyone had fun with it.

When Don came out for Dirty Laundry, I suddenly had a flashback to Chicago 2005, the first time I'd seen a Don show (albeit in tandem with Sevie Nicks) and I remembered how this song had totally gotten the crowd going there, more so than any of his others. Likewise, we were all rockin' out during it this time, although there was a lot less room for me to move in Indy than there had been in Chicago, almost four years ago now. That show precipitated my entry into the Eagles fandom - and look at me now! My, how time flies! Anyway, back to the song. I love how the guys share various solos during this song. They were all getting into it.

Glenn and Joe did their cute guitar duel next. Love it! Then into the song. There's just something about Funk 49 that makes it one of the most fun songs to dance to all night. It's just got that eponymous funky groove, I guess! The Joe fans around me were practically frothing at the mouth by this point, and I was right with 'em. ;)

As they did their slow jam into Heartache Tonight, everyone sat down again. I decided to do so as well, even knowing they'd be back on their feet in a minute. Sure enough, as those horns came in... BANG! Everybody's up! Glenn sounded great on this. Along with Take It to the Limit, I think it was his most spirited vocal of the night. During this song, I had another flashback... this time to Glenn solo in Niagara Falls 2007. Oh, what a night that was!

Then, into Life in the Fast Lane. I remembered the recent controversy over the lyrics and felt a little guilty listening to them on a Sunday night, but I got over it, lol. Joe's guitar really stood out. As he and Glenn mouthed the words along with Don, I wondered if they remembered performing it themselves back during the Party of Two tour in 1993!

As they went off for the encore, I figured we'd just get one as everyone else has on this leg. Then, I saw them bring out Joe's talk-box thingy. I got all excited... were they really going to do two encores??? YES!!!!! (Aside: something I haven't mentioned before - some jerk behind me kept hollering "ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH" during the show, which irritated me no end. Nevermind that yelling out songs is rude, at least get the title right!! I thought "Maybe now he'll figure out the correct title"). I held up my cell phone and waved it happily in lieu of a lighter.

When they came back, however, the guys went into Take It Easy! My heart fell - I figured they'd changed their mind at the last minute, or some roadie got confused. Oh well, I shrugged it off and enjoyed the song that never fails to lift my spirits.

Afterwards, Glenn went over to Joe and I realized they weren't in "position" for Desperado, and then I figured it out - they were changing up the encore. Sure enough, the song started and it was Rocky Mountain Way. I was delighted to get the "bonus" but something told me that the reason for this structural change was probably the omission of All She Wants To Do Is Dance. Sure enough, that song did not make an appearance. With the absence of both that and Busy Being Fabulous, Don's role in the shows is getting a bit diminished! Nevertheless, Rocky Mountain Way was lots of fun. I'm embarrassed to admit that I never before realized that Joe actually at one point wears two guitars during this song. Having a vantage point right in front of him sure was an experience! He's got it goin' on!

As they gathered at the end for Desperado, to my astonishment, the crowd SAT. Who sits during an encore???? But I guess they took the "slow song = sit" rule to heart. Reluctantly, I joined them. It's the first time I've ever sat for Desperado, but oh well. Don sounded so amazing people near me were commenting on it. You know, when he takes that mic off the stand halfway through the song, it really gives the song additional momentum. What a great idea that move is.

Afterwards, they said their goodbyes... and to my pleasant surprise, Don, Joe, and Tim took time to stop at every segment of the stage for a moment to say goodbye to the crowd. Glenn appeared to be in more of a hurry, although he did stop and wave at either end of the stage. He just didn't work his way down like the rest of the guys.

Overall, fabulous show. Like Maleah, I'm thinking I may never see these guys again and that's quite sobering.... I don't have the time or money to follow them around the country (I wish!) Like a couple times earlier in the night, my Eagles adventures kind of flashed before my eyes. Could they be over? Well, even if they are, we gotta hold on to the good.... and there's been plenty of good. I'm glad they came to Indy, and I'm glad I got to have this wonderful experience, even if it is to be the last.

Troubadour
03-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Aw, thanks so much for the review, Soda - I felt like I was there (and you made me chuckle more than once.) What great seats you had. That's hilarious about the guy yelling "Rocky Mountain High" :lol:

I'm glad the guys seem back to full health and that they were in good spirits. I love the idea of the camel picture! On a shallow note... Yay for Don's longer hair! He really does look great at the moment.

I hope BBF makes a comeback.

Brooke
03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Oooh, oooh, oooh! Thanks for the great review Soda! And can't wait to hear more of yours Pm.

I'm sorry to hear they have cut BBF. It's a great song and Don sounds so good on it. I wonder why?

Cool that you got RMW in the encore. I would have loved to have heard it.

I am bummed about their 'when to sit and stand policy'. It's as if the concert goers are little kids and have to be told. Good grief.

Glad you all had a good time.

TimothyBFan
03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Soda--once again you have held me spellbound with your review (twice today!). It sounded as great as usual and it's fantastic that everyone seems to be back in full form again. Glad Timothy got some lovin' from the crowd last night. It sounds as if you or the crowd should be writing the reviews for Timothy other than some of the "critics" and "reviewers" that we have been seeing reviews from. I still think it's pretty cool that they have changed it up a bit but hate to see anything get eliminated from the set list. Maybe they are just "playing" with it right now trying to check out fan reaction. Who knows what the mind set might be.

One thing I need to say, not to harp on it or anything ;), but I still hate it that we have to be reminded of when to stand and sit at a ROCK CONCERT and I think it's a shame that you have to be thinking about it off and on all night as to not provoke the wrath of an Eagle!

sodascouts
03-23-2009, 02:02 PM
TBF - I almost forgot - at one point in the concert, Timothy came over to Joe's mic to sing, so he was right in front of me! I took that opportunity to blow him a kiss for you. ;)

Prettymaid
03-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I am afraid that I can't emphasize enough what a difference it made being this close. We enjoyed the Chicago show when we were in row twenty, but that experience "couldn't hold a candle" to this up close, more personal viewpoint. And we paid the same price for these tickets, so the lesson here is to be patient, and more likely than not about two weeks before the show some good close tickets will become available.

Anyway, about 10 after 8:00 the lights went down, the crowd roared and the Eagles came on stage! Even in the dark we could clearly make out Timothy, Glenn, Don and Joe. The stage lights came on simultaneously to the beginning chords of How Long. The crowd jumped up but by the third line of the song everybody looked around self-consciously and sat back down.

The guys looked great. Glenn was wearing a dark suit with a white shirt, and Don was wearing a dark...okay, you get my drift. Again, they were so close - they were right there! How exciting it was to watch their every nuance, see their eyes move as they performed. Would they look my way? Would there be contact? We were so close anything seemed possible!

After How Long we saw Don leave the front of the stage and knew that there would be no BBF :sad:. Glenn did his welcome and explained that Timothy would be doing a song off their latest album and then it would be Joe's turn. The whole time Glenn talked he kept his eyes closed. I was aware that he often closed his eyes while he sang, but I didn't know he did it while he talked, too! The only time I noticed Glenn's eyes open was when he was away from the microphone. Anyway, Timothy was in fine form and did a great job on IDWTHA. And Joe? I was praying that Joe would be lively and fun (he wasn't so much in Chicago), and he was! All night long he was joking around and smiling and having lots of fun. He did some minor vocal fluctuations on GOTC, which is always pleasant to hear him do on his songs.

For Hotel California everybody jumped to their feet. Again, same as in Chicago, there were times during the song that I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It just doesn't get any better than that, IMO.

Peaceful Easy Feeling - As noted above, Glenn kept his eyes closed the whole time. This is one of if not my favorite Eagles' song and I really enjoyed soaking up the warmth of it. Hubby thought Glenn's vocals sounded like he was struggling just a bit.

I Can't Tell You Why - I can't tell you how great is was to hear Timothy nail this song - his vocals seemed a little strained in Chicago. Not in Indy - he was at the top of his game. Very nice guitar solo at the end by Steuart. Loved it!

Stay tuned!

Koala
03-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the great reviews Soda and PM!
I like RMW,too, nicely that it was played!
Nice to hear you had a good Time!

TimothyBFan
03-23-2009, 02:45 PM
PM-your review is cracking me up--"dark suits and white shirts" and "The crowd jumped up but by the third line of the song everybody looked around self-consciously and sat back down." :rofl: That's why you and I get along ---can we say sarcastic? ;) Very glad you had such a great view and great time! Did you take any pictures?

Soda--Thank You very much for doing that for me. ;) Did he say he missed me? :roll:

Prettymaid
03-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Okay, here's where it gets juicy! There were two couples sitting in front of Hubby and me. One of the couples arrived during the second song, therefore missing 'the rules'. One of the women was a beautiful blonde and got plenty of notices by Joe and Timothy. They kept looking her way the whole night. As soon as Witchy Woman started these two women were on their feet dancing and immediately out comes the sheriff! He stands right in front of them with his hands in a praying position imploring them to please sit down. The woman who arrived late said, "You've got to be kidding me!" as he went away. She continued to stay on her feet and he immediately came over again making the same gesture. She then made her own gesture toward him and stormed out! Her husband kept looking in the direction in which she had gone, but made no attempt to go after her. All the while, I'm missing much of WW, due to these distractions! She did not return until after the intermission. More about her later.

I read Soda's review before posting this segment, and during the intro to Lyin' Eyes I thought Glenn said they wrote it in two cities, not two shows. Anyway, I wish Glenn would open his eyes. Look at your fans, Glenn - we love you! We want you to see us sending love your way! Open your eyes, Man, open your eyes! BTW, I think Glenn looks very tired tonight, but maybe it's just because his eyes are closed!

Boys Of Summer - Oh no, this is a tough one- sit or stand? It starts out kind of calm, but then gets to rockin'. Everybody's confused as to what to do. Don sounds great tonight. And you know what? Of all the guys I think he looks the best tonight, too!

In The City - Oh boy, my second favorite song of Joe's. He rocked it. No doubt now - everybody's on their feet! BTW, looks like Mo's feeding Joe well. And the hair is long, but manageable! He's having a blast up there tonight. With the others you just can't always tell.

The Long Run - As Soda mentioned, during the part of the song where Don walks over to Joe, puts his arm around him and sings, "Couldn't hold a candle to you", he walked over to Joe as usual, but Joe pulls out a picture of a camel and holds it up next to Don! :lol: Don, I guess he can't hold a candle to you, but he can hold a camel to you! Don picked the picture up on his way offstage for intermission and just shook his head and laughed.

[Intermission]

tbs fanatic
03-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Fabulous review - I felt like I'd been there myself. Great job.

EagleLady
03-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Great Review!

Prettymaid
03-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Even though the pretty blonde stayed when her dancing partner stormed out, she remained seated and sedate for the rest of the 1st half, sending a message to the band. I think she was just tentative like the rest of us, not sure what to do.

No More Walks In the Wood and Waiting In the Weeds were beautiful, of course, though I have to admit this is my least favorite part of the show. No More Cloudy Days was perfect and the sax ending is awesome.

Timothy says hello just as Soda posted and did an amazing job on Love Will Keep us Alive. He seems healthy, looks good, just seems a little subdued to me. I think they're trying to keep up the energy at every show, but it must get so repetitious. He's still the same gracious Timothy.

Take it to the Limit - Soda, I know this is your favorite. I saw you down there rockin' to it! I love it too. We are giving them standing ovations, almost to every song, but hey, how else are we going to show them we liked it? Can't stand during them!

Long Road Out of Eden- Ding ding ding!!! I finally got it!!! This is a great song, especially live. Very moving and great guitars. I never appreciated it until last night.

At this point the woman who has stormed out is back (and pretty drunk). She is not standing up even when everybody else is on their feet, and while seated she has both hands held high flipping the bird to the band! Hubby told me that at one point Glenn looked at her like this :shrug:, as if to say, "Why? Why are you doing that?" Poor Glenn, he didn't have a clue!

Somebody was great - I love Glenn's growling vocals. (Eyes are still shut though!)

Walk Away - my all time favorite Joe song (just in case you guys didn't know it!) Everybody's on their feet again!

One of These Nights - I like this song and really appreciated Don's falsetto in Chicago. Unfortunately the Eagles policy broke down a bit here and I was left sitting behind the guy standing in front of me. He was the only person standing, but didn't remember to look around and check first! ;)

Band intro applause seemed evenly distributed this time and otherwise remained the same as Chicago, except for Glenn singing two lines of My Girl!

Life's Been Good - Okay, the drunk lady's boycott is over - she's on her feet, just in time for the hat cam! I ended up just blowing kisses to Joe while the cam was on us, but honestly, I didn't see myself anyway! And he didn't see me either! :lol:

Dirty Laundry got a great reception - it's a great song!

Funk #49 - Not one of my favorite Joe songs but hey, am I going to complain?

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of Cathy's Eagles Review!

Troubadour
03-23-2009, 05:06 PM
At this point the woman who has stormed out is back (and pretty drunk). She is not standing up even when everybody else is on their feet, and while seated she has both hands held high flipping the bird to the band! Hubby told me that at one point Glenn looked at her like this :shrug:, as if to say, "Why? Why are you doing that?" Poor Glenn, he didn't have a clue!

I'm sorry, but this cracked me up. I know drunk/obnoxious people can completely ruin a show for everyone, but it's also very, very funny to read. The idea of poor Glenn not having a clue what was going on (because he had his eyes closed?) is hilarious.

It sounds like quite an eventful evening. Can't wait to read the next part, Cathy!

Prettymaid
03-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Heartache Tonight - As soon as I hear the beginning of this song I have that happy yet sad feeling. Happy because I love it but sad because I know it's the beginning of the end :ack:. Glenn sounds great on lead vocal.

Life In the Fast Lane - one of Hubby's favorites. I love it too. Every time I hear the intro I think of the 60 Minutes(?) interview and Glenn's 'interpretation' of Joe's now famous guitar lick.
Dittlelittlele-dittlelittlele-dittlelittlele-dittlele. :hilarious:

Okay, they wave a quick goodbye because at this point we all know they'll be back, right? Hubby and I are explaining to our concert neighbors that they used to do two encores but recently have cut back to one. Then we see the roadie put Joe's talk box on his mic and hey, maybe we'll get two after all! Ah, they tricked us! We get one encore but three songs! Take It Easy (quintessential Eagles), Rocky Mountain Way and Desperado. The crowd roars its applause as the lights come up and three of the four Eagles are center stage with their arms around each other. But where's Glenn? He's over on stage right (our left) with one arm in his jacket and one arm out! With a comical look as if he's thinking, "Oh no, don't bow without me!", he comically runs to the center stage and joins his bandmates. After all, it takes all four of them to make up The Eagles.

Honestly, this is the most confusing concert I've ever been to. You really didn't know whether to stand up or not. That being said, the band had no involvment with 'the policy', neither speaking about it or enforcing it at any time, which is the way it should be. Just play, Eagles, but don't get upset when we get into the music. After all, that's what it's all about.

The End

Stars
03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Lou, I had the same reaction as you-poor Glenn didn't know what was going on with that woman flipping the band the bird, as he had his eyes closed!:rofl: I was getting a big charge out to that!
However, why does Glenn keep his eyes closed while he's talking to the audience? That kinda has me concerned. When I saw the band in November, I remember him closing them while he sang, but not while he was speaking. I hope everything's ok.
By the way, kudos to PM and Soda for fantastic reviews!!:thumbsup:

eaglesvet
03-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Great reviews, you two! I have to say, PM, I was cracking up from the moment you mentioned Those Shoes on your way into the venue. What was up with that? And then your pleading with Glenn to open his eyes...who knew he kept them closed that much? Only those lucky few closer than row 7 (or with better eyesight.)

And Soda, do you think that was a tour premiere of the camel? Kinda like my Worcester show where Joe pulled out the wacky glasses on Lyin' Eyes? I have to say, even though I too acknowledged at the time that Worcester was probably my last Eagles show this tour, I felt a pang of sorrow when I read of this being your last show. You didn't mention any Glenn contact! I guess maybe because his eyes were closed?!

And what is up with dropping BBF? Of all the new album songs to drop, this is one that even the most casual fan might actually know; therefore it might be one to keep on the set list for that reason alone. Oh well, I guess we'll have to hear from other Borderers to see if it makes a comeback. How ridiculous!

tbsfan
03-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Tim came back out and said "It's my turn to say hello to you, Indianapolis!" He gave a shout-out to the folks in the back and on the sides, to great cheers, and then thanked us for coming out on a school night. Poor guy thought it was Monday, I guess!

It's got nothing to do with what you did that day, but what you have to do the next day. Sunday night is a school night because most people have to be at school/work the next day. Conversely, Friday night is not considered a school night. :)

Maleah
03-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Geez no wonder Glenn kept his eyes closed if he was getting flipped off! ;)

Those were great reviews guys! I felt like i relived so much of mine! LOL I can hardly bear the thought of never seeing them again though! When they come back to the US and tour the western part........I don't care if I have to sell my car....(ok maybe I do but for the effect....).......I AM going to another show! I don't know WHEN.....I don't know WHERE....but I am THERE! And yes....that was an intentional rhyme. :D However! I may have to be a little more patient in getting tickets if you guys wound up with 2nd row! Holy crap!

melrose
03-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh man, I hope they don't drop BBF for good, that would be a shame.

I'm glad you had a great time Soda and PM! You are both so thorough with your reviews, I felt like I could have been there. Like Maleah said, I HAVE to see them again. But I just don't know if my mind could take the pressure of waiting until two weeks before the show to get tickets. My luck, I would wait 'til then, only to find absolutely nothing and have to actually sell my car... :hilarious: That or I'm gonna have to find myself a nice, rich sugar-daddy who wants to fund my Eagles-escapades ;)

Freypower
03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the reviews. However, I have seen plenty of photos of Glenn talking where his eyes are open.

sodascouts
03-23-2009, 08:54 PM
True, FP, but last night he kept his eyes closed. I noticed it, too, as well as the tiredness. Made it more palatable that he never met my eyes, since he almost never opened them. ;)

ETA: PM, now that you mention it, I think it was indeed cities, not shows. My brain just was stuck on touring - cities=shows. And tbsfan - I also see your point about Sunday being a school night after all. :blush:

sodascouts
03-23-2009, 10:17 PM
The sweet guy next to me took some photos with his phone's camera and sent them to me. Here they are:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00108.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00096.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00094.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00093.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00092.jpg

sodascouts
03-23-2009, 10:18 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00090.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00089.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00088.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00087.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00085.jpg

sodascouts
03-23-2009, 10:19 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00082.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00081.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00080.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00079.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00078.jpg

sodascouts
03-23-2009, 10:21 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00075.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00074.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00072.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00069.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00064.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00063.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00057.jpg

sodascouts
03-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Just remembered - after My Girl, Glenn made a few jokes about Detroit - the usual like "...where mother is half a word." He also said, though, that he'd visited Bob Seger while there. Cool!

sodascouts
03-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Oops - forgot a couple!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00044.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00045.jpg

Peekaboo
03-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Wonderful reviews Soda and PM!!! I'm glad that you both got to sit so close to the stage and to each other. Reading your reviews made me flash back to last Tuesday night in Columbia. Oh how i wish i could turn back time.

How dare that lady flip off our guys!!!!:evil: She should be banished from all Eagles concerts. Although i'm sure she just made herself look like a fool by being all stupid and drunk right in front of the guys.:nod: :rofl:

I can't believe they've cut BBF. I was thinking that they did that in Columbia because they were a bit under the weather. I'm sad about BBF but i'm glad to see that they've put RMW back in the line up.

With the absence of both that and Busy Being Fabulous, Don's role in the shows is getting a bit diminished!

My response to the above quote.....NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Peekaboo
03-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Love the pics Soda!!! This one of Don is especially cute!!!:inlove:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/IMG00045.jpg

Ive always been a dreamer
03-24-2009, 12:41 AM
OMG - Great reviews Soda and PM. I really enjoyed reading them. I'm a bit sad to see BBF dropped, but honestly, since they replaced it with RMW, I'd say that overall, it is a change for the better. And Soda - say it ain't true about this being your last Eagles show. There is NO WAY I plan on Hampton being my last show. I'm planning on seeing them again sometime and somewhere later this year or in early 2010 depending on where they are playing.

Koala
03-24-2009, 02:20 AM
Once again thanks for the great reviews, I had a lot of fun to read both reviews.
Soda, the photos are great! :inlove:

TimothyBFan
03-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks PM & Soda for the fantastic review! Feels like I was there. Love the pics Soda. Glad he held true to his word and sent them to you.

Again not to harp on this subject (I've only said this now about 5 times-but I just get madder and madder every time I think about having to worry at a ROCK CONCERT whether you are allowed to stand or not :brickwall:). This statement from PM just says it all once again...

One of These Nights - I like this song and really appreciated Don's falsetto in Chicago. Unfortunately the Eagles policy broke down a bit here and I was left sitting behind the guy standing in front of me. He was the only person standing, but didn't remember to look around and check first! ;)

There is no freakin' way I can sit down during OOTN!!! Are you kidding me? The one lone guy standing was right-- I would of been right there with him and Glenn could stare me down all he wanted if he didn't like it! :nahnah: I will say it once again...

IT'S A FREAKIN' ROCK CONCERT!!!!!

Prettymaid
03-24-2009, 08:57 AM
I agree with you Willie. I kept looking behind me to see if the person behind me was standing or not. Unfortunately, during OOTN she was not. Nor was anyone else behind me.

I forgot to mention a few minor things. The four seats to my left stayed empty the whole time, except for one guy who sat in the seat next to the seat next to mine. I had plenty of room to move!

That same guy caught one of Glenn's guitar picks when the roadie threw them out after the show.

The blonde in the front row was wearing a white wrist band. It was small and I couldn't see what it said but it must have had something to do with the show. Does anybody have any ideas what it was?

sodascouts
03-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Folks around me stood for One of These Nights, unless my brain just got overloaded and is remembering wrong! I guess PM's side was more sedate. And PM, I didn't realize those seats next to you remained empty. What a travesty, considering all the fans who religiously checked Ticketmaster and never found those (although the guys next to me said they got theirs two weeks before the show off of Ticketmaster for face value).

eaglesvet
03-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Soda, did the guy who sent you those pix have any idea who he was sending his pix to? Did you tell him you were the master of all 'pix de la Eagles'?

sodascouts
03-24-2009, 10:49 AM
lol! I told him I had an Eagles fansite, and I asked him if it would be OK if I shared the photos. However, I didn't give him the URL or anything. Since I gave him the site e-mail, though, I imagine he could figure it out pretty easily! He just seems like a nice guy wanting to share his photos with a fellow fan whom he hit it off with.

Brooke
03-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Great reviews guys! I'm sad they have cut BBF though. It seems as if it could be just another song to cut to make the show shorter, but they added RMW. Go figure. Maybe Don decided he had too many songs to sing. Strange that they would cut one of the new ones that they actually did a video for though, that would promote the new album. :brickwall:

As for Glenn's closed eyes, do you think they were really closed? His eyes are very deep set and maybe with the bright lights he was squinting and actually able to see. It just didn't look like they were partially open. KWIM?

As for this stand/sit policy, I'm with Willie.....

It's a freakin' Rock Concert!

And most people there have a little common sense! Most of the people sat most of the time in Columbia and I tried to be sensitive to the people around me even though I was bummed about having to sit most of the time. I tried to rock out in my chair as Soda did.

Are the Eagles turning in to grumpy old men? Have they forgotten what it was like to be young and having fun? It's looking that way. :worried:

sodascouts
03-24-2009, 02:20 PM
As for Glenn's closed eyes, do you think they were really closed? His eyes are very deep set and maybe with the bright lights he was squinting and actually able to see. It just didn't look like they were partially open. KWIM?

This makes sense - you'd think he want to see a little bit! It's possible he pulled a Mr. Magoo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Magoo) and was just squinting throughout the show. Maybe he needs to get those eyes checked. ;)

Maleah
03-24-2009, 03:01 PM
He had his eyes closed at Fargo too Soda! In fact, I would say through at least 90% of the introductions he had his eyes closed. I would agree that maybe he was squinting or something had I not seen the Chicago show....he didn't do it NEARLY as much there. It was very noticeable in Fargo. I just assumed that maybe the bright spotlights were bothering him or something.

eaglesvet
03-24-2009, 07:55 PM
This makes sense - you'd think he want to see a little bit! It's possible he pulled a Mr. Magoo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Magoo) and was just squinting throughout the show. Maybe he needs to get those eyes checked. ;)
LOL, I haven't thought about Mr. Magoo in ages...I remember watching that as a kid! I'm sure they were the originals, too! I just went on the link to Wikipedia and skimmed it...it actually says that Mr. Magoo was an alumnus of Rutgers University, which is actually one of the closest major universities to me, and where a niece and nephew of mine go. I'll have to alert them to this little known fact! (However, I may need to explain who Mr. Magoo is to that generation...) In the words of Pink, who knew??:hilarious:

melbelle
03-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I agree with you Willie. I kept looking behind me to see if the person behind me was standing or not. Unfortunately, during OOTN she was not. Nor was anyone else behind me.

I forgot to mention a few minor things. The four seats to my left stayed empty the whole time, except for one guy who sat in the seat next to the seat next to mine. I had plenty of room to move!

That same guy caught one of Glenn's guitar picks when the roadie threw them out after the show.

The blonde in the front row was wearing a white wrist band. It was small and I couldn't see what it said but it must have had something to do with the show. Does anybody have any ideas what it was?

Hi-I'm new here. I think you may be referring to my husband who sat right behind me with the luxury of the 4 empty seats. He did get the Frey pick and was upset with me because apparently a pick or two hit me in the head!
I had the best front row seat right in front of Don and Glenn but with no monitors or mike stands in the way. Not bad for buying the tickets 2 weeks before!!
I was getting perturbed at the drunken woman. I felt as though she wasn't a huge fan- just trying to make a spectacle of herself.
Since on row one , seats 21 and 15 were right next to eachother, I wonder if those empty seats behind me were some type of number flub?
Anyway- I had a great time and swear they were getting some of their sweat on me!!

Maleah
03-24-2009, 11:37 PM
That does it! I'm waiting until 2 weeks before! LOL

Welcome to the board Melbelle! Glad to have you!

Peekaboo
03-25-2009, 12:33 AM
Welcome from me too Melbelle!! This is the place to be for all things Eagles. Hope you like it here and stick around. Are you going through PEW (Post Eagles Withdraw) after the Indy concert? I've still got it from the Columbia show last week.

Maleah, I think either way you do it, it's still nerve racking when getting tickets. I've gotten tickets the minute they went on sale, i've waited till about a month before the concert, i've waited till 2 weeks before, and I've also waited within hours before showtime. The last is definitely the one that makes you nearly pull your hair out but in the end, you realize that you got tickets and you still get to see the most awesome band in the world.

sodascouts
03-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Welcome, melbelle! How cool that your hubby got a pick (although it sounds like you deserved a pick more since you were hit by them!) Close enough to be sweated on.... sounds like you had one of the best seats of the house!

Fan_For_Life
03-25-2009, 05:53 AM
Long Road Out of Eden- Ding ding ding!!! I finally got it!!! This is a great song, especially live. Very moving and great guitars. I never appreciated it until last night.

I did not have a clear view of the backdrop which didn't really matter that much cause it kept most of my attention on the band. But there were a couple I wish I coulda seen it and this is one of them. What exactly was showing on it during this song?

Fan_For_Life
03-25-2009, 06:13 AM
Thanks PM & Soda for the fantastic review! Feels like I was there. Love the pics Soda. Glad he held true to his word and sent them to you.

Again not to harp on this subject (I've only said this now about 5 times-but I just get madder and madder every time I think about having to worry at a ROCK CONCERT whether you are allowed to stand or not :brickwall:). This statement from PM just says it all once again...

There is no freakin' way I can sit down during OOTN!!! Are you kidding me? The one lone guy standing was right-- I would of been right there with him and Glenn could stare me down all he wanted if he didn't like it! :nahnah: I will say it once again...

IT'S A FREAKIN' ROCK CONCERT!!!!!

I had no idea there was a sit/stand policy for our show. Which is why I was a little annoyed that the audience was so quick to sit down when the band came out. I'd have died if I had to sit. Which is probably a good thing my seat was where it was. No one in our section seemed to mind me standing during whatever song I decided to get up for. And actually I didn't think about whether they minded or not.

Prettymaid
03-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Melbelle, I remember you! Welcome to The Border!

Prettymaid
03-25-2009, 09:46 AM
I did not have a clear view of the backdrop which didn't really matter that much cause it kept most of my attention on the band. But there were a couple I wish I coulda seen it and this is one of them. What exactly was showing on it during this song?

FFL, I had told myself before this show that because I was so close I was not going to be 'distracted' by the backdrop, and I pretty much kept this promise to myself. However, I did look at it a few times. The most moving part of the song LROOE was the end, when just the drums are playing, and the backdrop is showing empty boots lying on their side in the dust.

melbelle
03-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome!!!
I'm still in awe of the quality of the concert as a whole.
I mean what acts today give that much time and effort to present the best they can?

This was my first Eagles concert. I've always been a fan, just unable to go.
So i'll be on cloud 9 for a while!

TimothyBFan
03-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Welcome Melbelle!!! Glad to hear you made it to a concert finally!! What a thrill it was to be that close first time out I'm sure!!! They are unbelievable in concert aren't they? Glad hubby got the pick--I hope he lets you at least touch it tho. :hilarious:

If a pick/picks had hit me in the head, they probably would of stuck, with my kind of hair!! :hilarious: Know what I mean Soda? I bet you do also!! :thumbsup:

03-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Welcome from me too, melbelle. Glad you got to see your first Eagles concert from such an awesome seat. Also glad you found us here on The Border. You will definitely enjoy it here if you like talking about the Eagles. :nod: :nod:

Maleah
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM

Hmm I don't remember everything that played, as I tended to forget about the screens and only look at the band....or Don in particular :D............but there were a lot of desert scenes playing across the screen and I remember the boots in the dust as well, as PM stated.

anne-o-gg
03-29-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm new here too...this was also my first Eagles concert, though I was WAAAYYYY at the top...had to depend on the screens for a close up view - it will NOT be that way next time!

From where my husband and I were, it sounded like Glenn was not 100% vocally - though it didn't take anything away from the concert for me...he sounded to us like he was struggling...I only say that because on "How Long" my husband and I looked at each other at the same time and commented that his voice sounded weak...so I'm thinking maybe this is why BFF was not included...he has some pretty high notes to hit in that song...later when we talked about this, I told my husband that I thought he got stronger as the night progressed - and he agreed...

As for the stand/sit policy - I didn't know about it, but where we were, NOBODY stood at ALL! So I had to settle for bobbin' back and forth and side to side in my seat...

I missed not hearing BBF, New Kid in Town and All She wants to do is Dance...but it was still a fabulous concert - THREE HOURS! And I thought they seemed to be genuinly having fun. They look liked they love to play...they really loosen up after intermission.

I don't mind the suits and ties...I guess to me, I think they've reached a point where its all about the music...and the music is BETTER THAN EVER!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Hey Anne! Welcome!

I guess I was so excited when the guys came out that I didn't notice any vocal waverings right off the bat, but I bet you're right in that they dropped Busy Being Fabulous because Don needed to rest his voice. Hopefully it will be back in Europe.

And you're right about it being all about the music - which is why once I get to that concert, I don't think too hard about how much I'd rather see them sans ties. I just rock out!

Prettymaid
03-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Welcome Anne! So glad you enjoyed the show!

In my Chicago review I think I mentioned that the suits did take away from my overall concert experience, but by the time I went to the Indy show I didn't care. I can't say it wasn't a factor, as I was conscious all night long that they were wearing suits, but I got past it. In other words, at least I got to see them, and that's what matters.

Stars
03-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Welcome Anne! Look forward to reading your posts!
I am one who was quite bothered by the suits the first two times I saw them on this current tour. By the time I saw them in Philly, however, I barely noticed the suits. However, I have had a couple dreams where they are wearing jeans, and in one, they were wearing sombreros, so I guess I do have a real desire to see them without the suits!:wink:

03-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Welcome from me too, Anne. Glad you found us and that you enjoyed your very first Eagles concert so much. As far as the suits go, even though I am not a big fan of them, they certainly won't keep me from going to as many shows as I can. :wink:

Koala
03-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Welcome from me too, glad you enjoyed your first show!
I will see my first eagles concert in July!

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! Like I posted before, the suits didn't bother me at all - in fact, I personally think that it brings a touch of class to the show...

That being said, I honestly didn't think about what they were wearing that night...it wasn't until I was reading all your posts and noticed that you all had noticed...lol...

also, a couple of the posts talked about Glenn talking about writing "Lying Eyes"...I thought he said they wrote it in two "SITTINGS"??? I dunno...As the point is that they wrote it kinda fast...in his bio, it talks about he and Don just hanging out and having fun and songs would come from that...just a thought...

Freypower
03-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Two 'sittings' means two sessions spread over two days. That is the length of time he normally says it took them to write. So they had two writing sessions.

Welcome to the board, Anne. Glad you enjoyed the show.

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 08:11 PM
ahhh...that's what I thought he meant...my "I dunno" was actually referring to if that's what he said at the show...two cities or two sittings?

(thanks for the welcome!)

Prettymaid
03-30-2009, 08:30 PM
ahhh...that's what I thought he meant...my "I dunno" was actually referring to if that's what he said at the show...two cities or two sittings?

(thanks for the welcome!)

Sittings!!! I think you're on to something there Anne!!! (Cities - what a doofus I am!!!)

GlennLover
03-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Welcome Melbelle & Anne, from Ann (without an "e").

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks Ann!! (without an "E") :)

sodascouts
04-15-2009, 01:37 AM
FINALLY, I got my pictures developed! I was afraid to take too many photos in Indy, but I did take 4 - 1 with flash, 3 without. The ones without flash came out crappy, although one of them is salvageable. The one with flash came out OK. So here they are, the only two decent photos I got!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/DonTimIndy2009.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/indy2009/GlennJoeIndy2009.jpg

Peekaboo
04-15-2009, 01:50 AM
I think they turned out great, Soda!!! :thumbsup: You definitely had a great view. Thanks for sharing them with us.

TimothyBFan
04-15-2009, 08:12 AM
I think their great--fortunately- the 2 pics include all 4 of the guys!!!

anne-o-gg
04-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Great pics soda! You had a GREAT view!

Koala
04-15-2009, 09:24 AM
The pics looks great, espesially the one with Glenn and Joe! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
04-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Thank you Soda, you just reminded me of how great our seats really were!!!!!

Troubadour
04-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Ooh, thanks Soda! Check out Glenn with that untucked shirt again!

cheryl
04-25-2009, 02:35 AM
I have enjoyed reading all of your reviews. I was at the show sitting in the sixth row at Joe' end of the stage. THE SHOW WAS GREAT;THE BEST CONCERT EVER. I've seen Frank Sinatra ,Paul Mccartney and Elvis (including his last show). This tops them all. Love the harmony. I too was looking forward to All She Wants To Do Is Dance;bummer. Been playing my cd's and dvd's since. I found this website trying to find out how others felt about the show. Thanks for the pictures.

Prettymaid
04-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Hey, great - welcome Cheryl. Glad you finally found us! Do you have any of your own thoughts to share about the show? Something that stood out for you?

sodascouts
04-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Welcome Cheryl! Glad you like the photos!

Super Frey
11-03-2009, 05:26 PM
That was the best thing I ever did in my life, and it was my second concert ever. I like your pictures, I didn't take any, I don't have a camera.:-( I went by myself, but ended up sitting next to a nice old couple, I ended up in the lower level on Tim's end next to the stage, and my dad said for a $195, I should have been on the stage lol. A guy watching the door, let my dad take a sneak peak of them, so now he has seen them four times in concert, the first three was between 78 & 79. I really hope to see them again someday, and this time I'll buy and bring a camera. I read that review on google, but it's nice to read it again, I'll never forget going.:)

Shadowland07
01-06-2010, 08:01 PM
this was my second concert and boy was it amazing. i went with my dad and we got pretty good seats. i hope i get to see them again

Super Frey
01-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Those are great pictures, actually everyones pictures are great! I didn't take any pictures, I don't have a camera, and I was afraid Don, and Glenn would bite me lol. I was across from where you were sitting Shadowland 07, I was in the lower level on Tim's end. :headbang:

Shadowland07
01-11-2010, 11:22 PM
i got some video as i believe but was stopped mid intro to hotel california by an usher or whatever they are called lol.