PDA

View Full Version : What song do you most look forward to hearing on the LROOE tour?

Prettymaid
03-24-2009, 09:04 PM
I thought this could be interesting since it can be answered by those who have seen them during this tour and those who have not yet. Might be fun!

I'm going to think about it for awhile...

BTW. here's the set list - that might help!

[Set 1]
How Long
*Busy Being Fabulous
I Don't Want to Hear Any More
Guilty of the Crime
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
Witchy Woman
Lyin' Eyes
Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run

[Intermission]

[Set 2]
No More Walks in the Wood
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Take It to the Limit
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Walk Away
One of These Nights

[Band Intros]

Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane

[Encore 1]*
Rocky Mountain Way
All She Wants to Do Is Dance

[Encore 2]
Take It Easy
Desperado

*First encore is frequently dropped during recent shows.
*BBF has been dropped in recent shows.

sodascouts
03-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Good topic!

Before I saw a show, it was Somebody, since it was something new.

But the old standby that I look forward to every time is Take It to the Limit. There's just something about that song!

Freypower
03-24-2009, 10:26 PM
I can tell you right now, as I haven't seen the tour. In order the songs I am most looking forward to seeing are:

Somebody
Long Road Out Of Eden
Waiting In The Weeds
No More Walks In The Wood
How Long

But the other songs I will most anticipate are the following:

Peaceful Easy Feeling
No More Cloudy Days
Heartache Tonight
Take It Easy

And yes, it is biased, but when you have to wait five years you tend to concentrate your mind somewhat. I know I wll enjoy the majority of the songs.

Oh I see... you want it narrowed down to one? In that case, as there is no more New Kid In Town, it is Heartache Tonight.

Maleah
03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Oooo that's a toughy. Of the NEW songs I look forward to hearing "Waiting In The Weeds," Long Road Out Of Eden," and "Somebody"......but if I had to narrow it down to just ONE of those I would say "Long Road Out Of Eden" because it's so suspenseful live! It just builds and builds until Don's voice rises and Joe takes over with the solo. I LOVE it live!

BUT...catch me on a different day and I'll say "Waiting In The Weeds" because it's so beautiful and "Somebody" because I love Glenn's vocals and Don/Tim's background vocals. :D

Of the oldies......I know I stand alone on the board....:nahnah:....but me and my best friend ALWAYS love "The Long Run!" It's just SUCH a fun song and I love how Don takes center stage and changes it up a bit with the vocals on it. It's the one song that he cuts loose and lets his personality show a bit.

I can for SURE tell you what song I LEAST look forward to hearing! Desperado!!!! LOL

Before you freak out.........that's only because I know we must part....otherwise it would be my favorite :D ;)

Koala
03-25-2009, 03:01 AM
I am glad about every song I will hear! :partytime:

However, mostly I am glad about Somebody (I love this Song), Long Road Out of Eden,
No More Walks in the Wood, Witchy Woman, How Long, Heartache Tonight and Life's Been Good!

eaglesvet
03-25-2009, 03:52 AM
No question...Waiting in the Weeds! As far as an 'oldie but goodie'--Take it Easy.

TimothyBFan
03-25-2009, 08:49 AM
ALL OF THEM!!!

Ok I know that's what everyone would answer and it's not fair so I would have to say of the new songs it is definitely Waiting In The Weeds and of the oldies it is I Can't Tell You Why. :inlove:

Prettymaid
03-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Okay, you guys, very sneaky of you to change the thread to favorite old and favorite new, but that is not the question! :grin:

The question is (no cheating) which song do you most look forward to hearing live on this tour?

I have thought about it and I'm going to have to go with the very cliche answer Hotel California. Yes, I know I heard it to death on the radio back in the day and I know there are some other very good songs, but for me, when I'm there and I hear the opening (guitar), that's it. As I said in both of my reviews (Chicago and Indy), it's as if I've died and gone to heaven. I just let the song wash over me and it's an experience like no other.

Brooke
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Ok, only 1? Darn!

My most anticipated song to hear was Waiting In The Weeds. I just think it's so beautiful. It was kind of blurry for me to remember it in St. Louis, so I really paid attention to it in Columbia. It was as wonderful as I thought it was! Took my breath away! :fainting:

eaglesvet
03-25-2009, 11:05 AM
OK, OK, PM.... Waiting in the Weeds, then! Happy now?!:wink:

TimothyBFan
03-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Geesh PM---You are awfully pushy!!!:hilarious: Ok ---I'm with Brooke & EV--Waiting In The Weeds it is then!!! (I just heard this in the car a few minutes ago--see Addicted thread--and I almost cry still every time I hear it-I was a basket case the first time I heard it live!!)

eaglesvet
03-25-2009, 11:26 AM
The very first time I heard WITW in concert was before I owned the CD. I was up in Timbuktu nosebleed section, so all I could tell then was that I liked the song...but the full meaning didn't hit me till I heard it at home on the CD player. That's when I cried. I was able to play it enough times afterwards so I could hold my composure by the time of my next concert 6 months later. But I was so full of anticipation to really listen to it, and see who played and sang which parts (other than the obvious Don lead.)

TimothyBFan
03-25-2009, 11:30 AM
EV-- I guess I wasn't paying very close attention this morning! HELLO!!~~~ Your signature is gorgeous!!! And the subject of this discussion is very prevalent there! :)

sodascouts
03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
The problem for me is that the answer isn't always the same! It's different now than it was in November.

But, initially, before I saw my first LROOE show in Chicago, I was most anticipating seeing "Somebody." I'll stick with that as my answer.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Okay - this is really hard for me. I had to give this a lot of thought because many of you know how much I love all these songs. However, if I can only pick one, I have to echo PM's sentiments here - it would have to be Hotel California. Everytime I hear this song live, it literally gives me chills and has a very emotional effect on me. I guess it is the significance of the song that makes me have to fight back the tears. Each time they play this song, that is when it hits me how privileged I am to be there to hear one of the greatest rock 'n roll songs ever being played by one of the greatest bands ever. I can't imagine ever going to an Eagles concert and not hearing it. I have to say though a VERY close runner up for all the same reasons is Take It Easy.

Maleah
03-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Fine fine fine.....if you're going to crack the whip then I'm going to completely change my answer. :nahnah: :lol:

I've actually been thinking more and more about this and I think I'm going to have to agree with PM and dreamer........EVERYONE in the building is pretty much anticipating Hotel California.....and when it begins there's just nothing like it in the world! A roar goes up amongst the crowd and electricity fills the air. And as you stand in awe with the goosebumps running up and down your arms as you listen to Don begin to sing....you realize the entire auditorium is singing with him. It's quite amazing and therefore I must agree and change my answer to "Hotel California."

Koala
03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Only one song? This is difficult, more to call was easier!
OK then I decide on Somebody, this was immediately one of my favorites songs from LROOE!

DonFan
03-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Absolutely no question for me: Waiting in the Weeds. It is gorgeous.

Freypower
03-25-2009, 06:34 PM
OK, well, as I have not yet seen the tour, the song I am most anticipating seeing is Somebody, even though it is almost a dead heat with LROOE itself.

Glennsallnighter
03-26-2009, 06:04 PM
OK, I just saw this thread now and its title and before I read anyone's preferences I had my mind made up. Without a doubt......SOMEBODY......

melrose
03-26-2009, 10:46 PM
I would have to say Take it to the Limit. This song has always had such a strong impact on me. It was a close one though, I love Waiting in the Weeds just as much.

Stars
03-28-2009, 10:53 AM
I agree with melrose-it's "Take it to the Limit" for me! I really love Glenn's version-not to take anything away from Randy, since he does a fantastic version-but it's such a thrill for me to hear Glenn singing lead on this song. Also, there's so much joy to it, and the audience sure feels it and responds accordingly! I LOVE it!:heart: