PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland 3-24-2009

Koala
03-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Today I found this review from the Cleveland Concert

http://www.clevescene.com/cnotesscenesmusicblog/archives/2009/03/25/concert-review-eagles-at-the-q-324

TimothyBFan
03-26-2009, 07:01 AM
This reviewer can be added to the MANY that I just want to tell to...

BITE ME!!!!! :-(

Luvsquilts
03-26-2009, 08:00 AM
I was at the concert in Cleveland and I couldn't disagree more with that reviewer in regards to the songs off Long Road out of Eden. They were all beautiful and not the least bit boring. The whole concert was first rate and I feel fortunate to be one of the lucky people who was there to experience it.

TimothyBFan
03-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Welcome Luvsquilts!!! Glad you enjoyed the show so much! We all here always figure we would be great reviewers for all the shows. Much better than most of the reviewers we see posted.

Hope you enjoy your time here. Pop in to the Introduce Yourself thread and tell us about yourself.

melrose
03-26-2009, 12:09 PM
After a 15-minute intermission, the second set started with a series of new tunes from Long Road Out of Eden that were so dull and lifeless, even the band members took to sitting on bar stools to deliver them. It’s as if they distilled the easy-listening tendencies of tunes such as “I Can’t Tell You Why” and “Peaceful, Easy Feeling” and whittled them down into harmless drivel. The titles alone — “No More Walks in the Wood,” “Waiting in the Weeds” and “No More Cloudy Days” — speak volumes to just how boring the tunes really are. You know you're in trouble when Glenn Frey introduced “No More Cloudy Days” by talking about how the guys like to get together to watch the Weather Channel.

I agree TBF! What a tasteless and horrible review. I can understand not liking the songs, but must the reviewer act like this is the worst music ever written??

melrose
03-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Welcome Luvsquilts! This is a great place to talk about everything Eagles. I'm glad you enjoyed your concert experience. :)

sodascouts
03-26-2009, 12:51 PM
You know you're in trouble when Glenn Frey introduced “No More Cloudy Days” by talking about how the guys like to get together to watch the Weather Channel.

Um, that was a JOKE, buddy.

And welcome, luvsquilts! Always good to hear from a true fan to counter lame reviews.

Luvsquilts
03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Thank you all for the welcome to the board. In my anticipation of going to the concert Tuesday I found your board online. I enjoyed reading all the reviews and pictures posted from other recent concerts. I believe I saw a bunch from someone lucky enough to be close enough to throw flowers to the guys in the band. What a thrill that must have been.

I was also waiting to see what others thought of the concert in Cleveland, and imagine that the lame one by the guy from the Cleveland Scene is what is posted! If he wanted to complain about something he should have sat where I was next to a guy who looked bored to death or even worst the guy behind me yelling into his phone when Hotel California began "Do you want to hear Hotel California?" Now that was something to be critical of, not the show.

Obviously the guy who wrote that review doesn't care for the new CD but I think it is great and for me that was one of the reasons to go, I mean I can see the hits on DVDs but to see the new songs performed live was really special. Of course I love the old stuff they did also. They were great!

I do have a question to you all who know more about these concerts than I do, when the show started off Don and Glenn sounded a little raspy, I thought I read somewhere else on this board that someone said they were "recovering", were they ill recently? And they did sing great, I just seemed to notice it right at the beginning.

Brooke
03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Welcome, lq! Glad you found us and had a great time at the show!

I saw the band in Columbia last week and thought Glenn and Don sounded a bit hoarse in the beginning, but after a bit their voices warmed up and they sounded better. We have speculated that they may have had colds, but it's just a guess.

Secret Night
04-02-2009, 09:24 AM
http://www.clevescene.com/c-notes/archives/2009/03/25/photo-show-eagles-at-the-q-324

timothy b schmit, don henley

joe walsh, steuart smith

timothy b schmit, glenn frey

joe walsh

joe walsh

Ive always been a dreamer
04-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Welcome zelda, and thanks for the link. Those are more great pics of the guys.

sodascouts
04-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Ditto!