PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Akron area

Luvsquilts
03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Hello, I am new to the board and was directed to this part of the board after I recently posted elsewhere.

My name is Debbie, I am a Registed Nurse living near Akron Ohio. Just went to the Cleveland Eagles concert on Tuesday but have been a fan since Junior High when I heard Hotel California. I have three kids, all nearly grown now, one being my son who at 22 also has terrific musical taste and is also an Eagles fan, he is the one who came along with me the other night.

Since I enjoyed the concert so much I have been kicking myself for not trying to see them sooner, but I guess when the kids were growing up it wasn't as much of a priority. Now I just can't wait to see them again. Hope they will be back sometime. In the meantime I will keep listening to the greatest musicians in the world and reading all the interesting posts about others concert experiences. :guitar:

Glennsallnighter
03-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi LQ! Welcome to the Border. I'm glad you had a great time in Cleveland on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to the Belfast gig in the summer when my daughter will be coming with me, and two days later the Dublin one when the whole family will be going. Hope you enjoy posting here!

Fan_For_Life
03-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Nice to meet you Debbie. :)

sodascouts
03-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi Debbie - thanks for introducing yourself. Sounds like you'll fit right in around here!

EagleLady
03-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the border Debbie! You will love it here

ticky
03-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey Debbie and welcome to the border! We're a pretty friendly (if not often obsessed) and eclectic group here and there's always room for another fan. Glad to meet ya!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Welcome Debbie. Glad you found us and hope you will like it here on The Border. If you like talking about the Eagles then you've come to the right place.

Koala
03-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Hello Debbie and welcome to the Border.

Peekaboo
03-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Welcome Debbie!!! We are glad to have you. That's great that you got to go to the concert with your son. Something for you and him to treasure. For my first Eagles concert (last Sept), I took my mother with me. It was the perfect mother-daughter moment for both of us. My mom is also a RN and nursing is what I want to get into when I go back to school.

Hope you get to go to another Eagles concert soon. Seeing the guys live and in person is always amazing but PEW can be extremely hard to get over.

Luvsquilts
03-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Thank you for the welcome! Yes I am going through withdrawal big time. The band is in Columbus over the weekend and honestly if I didn't have to work I would have gone down there for that show also. But have to earn money for tickets and cd's so here I am...working. Hopefully I won't have to wait for too many years until I am lucky enough to go again.