PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Review 3/26/09

luvthelighthouse
03-27-2009, 03:08 PM
So it begins… at 6:20 I get a phone call from a guy I work with, “are you there yet”. Me, ‘no, I’m getting ready to leave soon”. Him, “I’m driving by Sears Centre now and the parking lot is packed”. Me, “okay, I’ve gotta fly”. I run around my house like a mad woman grabbing my ticket, hand lotion, money etc. Off I go. Lucky me, I make it there w/in a half hour.

I didn’t want to get there too early, as I went to the show alone and had no one to talk to. However, when this building was being built, my company actually worked on it... and I ordered a bunch of equipment for it. So, I self toured so I could see all the things we ordered and how the place looked. Grabbed a beer and headed to my seat in the fifth row. When I got there, there was a man and wife to my right, no one in front of me or to the left of me yet. I briefly spoke to the people next to me and mentioned that I couldn’t get anyone to come with me and so I came alone. The girl in front of them turned around and said, “I went to Atlanta alone and I’m from Michigan”. Well of course we started chatting and she also belongs to this and the other board. ;). Then, “the” announcement came. “majority rules, if others are sitting please sit, if others are standing, then stand”.

The lights went dark and you saw the lovely figures glide onto the stage. Directly in front of me was Timothy. (WOW!!!) This was prime for me, as I had a great view of my boy Glenn too. Following suit, HL was first. Now, I do not pay much attention to what is on/off key, as I am not a musician, only a lover of musicians. (tee hee) They sounded good and that’s really all I know. (that’s a given though) .

As you know, no BFF. Then Timothy took the spotlight for IDWTHA. For some reason I could only picture him in those dorky white overalls of the 70’s. (Yep, I said it, dorky, and that’s my opinion). I was totally loving on Timothy at this point. I know the lights were bright so his eyes were low… theylooked like he could have been looking at anyone is rows 3,4 or 5. So, in my mind, he was totally looking right at me. (I know he wasn’t, but it sure looked like he was) If there weren’t any lights in his face, we would have been making some serious eye contact.

Right about now there was all this commotion to the left of me. People were coming, people were in the wrong seats, no the rights seats, wait people had e tickets with duplicate seats. Commotion commotion. Finally, the seats next to me filled up and I was a sardine. I think this must of happened most of the way through GOTC. I was hoping with HC that everyone would stand… I mean, IT’S HC… but no… lame-o’s sitting everywhere. Then, one of my all time fav’s PEF. Glenn sounded awesome as always. I like to pretend he’s singing that song to me. With my long earring swaying against my golden tanned skin… ah, oh sorry… back to reality.

Timothy then took center stage for ICTYW. For some reason I forgot this was part of the set list and I got very excited. He looked, well, beyond words… beautiful! I couldn’t tear my eyes off of him. Next was WW, I think I spent a good portion of time trying to figure out how to use my camera because I wasn’t really watching the guys. Sadly, I never did get the stupid thing to work properly. I think I have about 5 of 100 pics that actually turned out okay. Also, the zoom on this camera blows…so what could have been amazing pics were trash. Grrrr… (still trying to get over this) My favorite song of all time, LE was up. Glenn told the whole Dan Tana story and how they wrote it in two days. His voice is so beautiful. Sigh… Then Don came out for BOS. The crowd actually got into this song. At one point, and I KNOW he wasn’t, but it looked like he was lip syncing. His mouth was so close the mic and his lips hardly opened. I was glued to watching him as I wanted to hear the sound coming from him. That was a strange surreal moment for me. Yeah, like Don would ever do that! I was so happy the crowd liked this song, as it opened up Don’s personality a bit. Then Joe came on with ITC. I’m surprised that crowd didn’t rush the stage. This place was all about Joe. Hoots and hollers galore! He rocked this song! It’s amazing that there never appears to be sound coming from him, but he does have a booming voice. Then… TLR. Finally, the ENTIRE arena was pumped up and standing, dancing and singing their hearts out. The guys were all smiley and looked like they were finally enjoying themselves. The tone of the evening changed for the better from this point on.

Intermission. Potty break and time to get another beer. Well, of course lines miles long. I enter the arena as they are coming back on stage. I don’t get to my seat until NMWITW has begun. I was in the last row of sec A, so there was an aisle behind my seat. I think it would be easiest just to climb over my seat instead of trying to walk by 16 people in an 8” space. So, I “think” I’ll be able to do this fast and gracefully… ha! Not so! I have the security guy holding one arm helping me over, both of my seatmates giving me a lift too and I lose my footing. My foot goes to the back part of the folding chair and the whole aisle of chairs begins tilting backwards! At this point, something like 12 people yell, “WOAH”… as they have no idea what is going on. I want the floor to swallow me up because this “WOAH” is taking place during the a capella NMWITW. I was thinking, great, Glenn is going to point to me and have me removed from the concert. Thankfully, that didn’t happen!

WITW was next. Another favorite of mine… I was loving this. Glenn’s same shtick next about the botanical era and how they watch The Weather Channel to escape CNN… then into NMCD. When it was Timmy’s turn again, he gave the usual Paul Carrack story and sang a few lines of Tempted. I love when he says “thank you” at the end of his performance. He’s such a sweetie. On to Glenn’s TITTL version followed by LROOE. Now, normally, I do not like this song very much. However, I’ve heard it live twice now and it’s phenomenal live! It sucked me in and I may have to put that in my musical rotation. Somebody was next, also another song I don’t really care for, but man, was Glenn singing like there was no tomorrow. There stage energy was off the charts for this number.

Finally, WA began and I said to myself, enough is enough, I’m standing and dancing! Thankfully, many others felt that way. I think coming off of Somebody, they energy was running amuck. Sadly, the dancing fun died down with OOTN… but the guys sounded great.

Then the band intros… usual stuff, you know how it goes. When Timothy was announced the crowd stood and cheered and this continued until Joe began with LBG. I’m telling you, it really doesn’t look like Joe is moving his mouth, but dang, he’s got quite the pipes. DL was next and I kept thinking, wow, Don has great posture. He stands so straight and has these great shoulders. He looked awfully handsome up there. I recalled the first time I heard DL. I was in sixth grade and stayed home sick from school. I had no idea what the song was about, or even who Henley was, but I liked that song! Don was full of animation during this song too. =) After this, everyone sat down, but I stood. They didn’t know what was next, but I did. It was F#49 and I was going to dance! Thankfully others felt the same, because we remained standing for the remainder of the set. Glenn really belted out HT and I was loving it! LITFL was to conclude the set and what can I say, awesome as predicted.

They exited… and returned a few mins later. We got TIE, RMW and Desperado…then it was over. :weep: The guys stayed on stage for a few minutes saying their thank yous, good byes and taking some bows. They were so sweet and appeared humbled.

Just some general comments. I didn’t realize how often Joe does not join in the harmonizing of certain songs. I guess I just “thought” he always did… but he doesn’t. One of my favorite moments is when Timothy is sitting towards the front of the chair with his right leg extended. It is THE sexiest pose! :heart: Sorry, but I’m pretty sure some drool formed when witnessing this. I almost felt bad for my impure thoughts, as the man obviously found his soul mate many many years ago… but my lust was at an all time high during whole leg thing.

I’m missing so much, but that’s all that is coming to me at the moment. I have no idea how to upload pics to this site… but I think I have five that might be sharable if someone wants to give simple instructions to me.

Troubadour
03-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Thank you so much for the fab, lively review! It's great to hear that the guys were on form.

I'm sorry, but this cracked me up. I've literally been sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks. You poor thing!

I think it would be easiest just to climb over my seat instead of trying to walk by 16 people in an 8” space. So, I “think” I’ll be able to do this fast and gracefully… ha! Not so! I have the security guy holding one arm helping me over, both of my seatmates giving me a lift too and I lose my footing. My foot goes to the back part of the folding chair and the whole aisle of chairs begins tilting backwards! At this point, something like 12 people yell, “WOAH”… as they have no idea what is going on. I want the floor to swallow me up because this “WOAH” is taking place during the a capella NMWITW. I was thinking, great, Glenn is going to point to me and have me removed from the concert. Thankfully, that didn’t happen!

:rofl:

Also... I think you forgot to mention it... how did Timothy look?

Brooke
03-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Great review, ltl! I must admit that during PEF, I tend to have those thoughts too! I suppose we all do..................nah! :heybaby:

And the part about getting back in your chair had me :rofl: too! I hope you made it ok! At least Glenn didn't have you thrown you out!

So, you thought Timothy looked pretty good?

melrose
03-27-2009, 03:57 PM
LtL -You had me cracking up with your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience.

I was in the last row of sec A, so there was an aisle behind my seat. I think it would be easiest just to climb over my seat instead of trying to walk by 16 people in an 8” space. So, I “think” I’ll be able to do this fast and gracefully… ha! Not so! I have the security guy holding one arm helping me over, both of my seatmates giving me a lift too and I lose my footing. My foot goes to the back part of the folding chair and the whole aisle of chairs begins tilting backwards! At this point, something like 12 people yell, “WOAH”… as they have no idea what is going on. I want the floor to swallow me up because this “WOAH” is taking place during the a capella NMWITW. I was thinking, great, Glenn is going to point to me and have me removed from the concert. Thankfully, that didn’t happen!

Note to Self: Create chaos in the crowd. Hope to get Timothy's attention...

One of my favorite moments is when Timothy is sitting towards the front of the chair with his right leg extended. It is THE sexiest pose! :heart: Sorry, but I’m pretty sure some drool formed when witnessing this. I almost felt bad for my impure thoughts, as they man obviously found his soul mate many many years ago… but my lust was at an all time high during whole leg thing.

Oh. My. Lord! That pose should be illegal :fainting: I have the same *ahem* impure thoughts as well :blush: I have to keep reminding myself that he is a happily married man. But still, I always look forward to the sitting segment of the concert ;-)

luvthelighthouse
03-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Pics

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/luvthelighthouse/eagles035.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/luvthelighthouse/eagles034.jpg

sodascouts
03-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the review, ltl! That row thing is something I would have done. ;) I thought you said you couldn't write a good review - you were obviously lying, lol. That one was great. Thanks again!

And I was able to see both pics just fine!

luvthelighthouse
03-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Sorry if these are too big... I'm new at posting photos here.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/luvthelighthouse/eagles074-1.jpg

luvthelighthouse
03-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Here's two more:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/luvthelighthouse/eagles084.jpg

My favorite:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/luvthelighthouse/eagles109.jpg

sodascouts
03-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Oh my gosh, what great pics! I applaud you!!!!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Thanks for sharing these!!!

eaglesvet
03-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey, LTL---I find it hard to believe that you convinced not only venue security but also two fellow fans to act as accomplices in your poorly-executed attention-seeking maneuvers! Don't you know that these musicians are highly trained individuals devoted to their craft, who are not easily distracted by such amateurish crowd disruption? If your goal in fact is to draw more attention to yourself from the band members, as well as the rest of the audience, consider at your next LROOE show moving up the scale of sophistication in fan antics...try flashing them as you reach the peak of your ascent over the chair! ;-)

(Sorry...couldn't resist. I would love to read that review also! Great job with this one!)

luvthelighthouse
03-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Sorry the pics are blurry... but I expained about the camera debacle.

However, the pose is right! :heart:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/luvthelighthouse/1.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/luvthelighthouse/2-1.jpg

ticky
03-27-2009, 11:14 PM
LTL ~ Wow! Great review! and the seat thing? I wouldnt have done that, I would have ended up sitting in someone's lap.. That's always a possibility anyway... If Joe sits down... and Im there... well, you know..
GREAT PICTURES!!! (note to self, get a camera WITHOUT red eye reduction and good zoom!) now if they'd just come west....

Troubadour
03-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Sorry if these are too big... I'm new at posting photos here.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/luvthelighthouse/eagles074-1.jpg

Fantastic photos! I especially love this one. Great colours, and they all look gorgeous.

Also, there's no such thing as 'too big' when it comes to Eagles photos ;)

luvthelighthouse
03-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks all. I'm just sorry that my 100+ photos didn't come out right! I keep looking at the blur and get so mad... but what can I do? Nothing!

Eaglevet... I was LOL at your comments... mainly because I was thinking, "hey during the hatcam moment I should flash them"... but I knew I really couldn't! ;-)

I wish I could remember more, but only bits and pieces come to me... glad you all can appreciate my humor.

melrose
03-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Hey, LTL---I find it hard to believe that you convinced not only venue security but also two fellow fans to act as accomplices in your poorly-executed attention-seeking maneuvers! Don't you know that these musicians are highly trained individuals devoted to their craft, who are not easily distracted by such amateurish crowd disruption? If your goal in fact is to draw more attention to yourself from the band members, as well as the rest of the audience, consider at your next LROOE show moving up the scale of sophistication in fan antics...try flashing them as you reach the peak of your ascent over the chair! ;-)

(Sorry...couldn't resist. I would love to read that review also! Great job with this one!)

now, there's an idea...:hmm:

Koala
03-28-2009, 02:47 AM
Thank´s for this great review and the fantastic photos!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-28-2009, 12:15 PM
ltl - thank you so much for the great review and awesome photos! Like the others, I was cracking up at your grand entrance back to your seat during the very beautiful acapella No More Walks In the Wood. But I agree, next time you must resort to flashing - I think that is the band's preferred method of attention-getting techniques. :lol: Glad you had such a wonderful time!

tbs fanatic
03-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Great review and yet more great photo's - you guys are spoiling us :applause:

TimothyBFan
03-28-2009, 02:11 PM
LTL---So how did Timmy look? :heybaby: I've been trying to tell you guys this for ages now!!! Geez!!! ;-)

Loved your review --you are hilarious!! Your pics are awesome also. Glad you had so much fun--and didn't break any bones either---Good Job!! ;-)

eaglesvet
03-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Ooh now you're onto something...which Borderer can claim "most severe injury sustained at a LROOE show?" However, there is an unfair advantage to those from Missouri, who have a statistically higher chance of being injured simply by virtue of the fact that they are exposed to more shows per annum than the average US citizen. And woe to the Pacific NW once again...those fans have (thus far) no chance to capture this glorious title...:weep::saberfight::steviesmack:

Brooke
03-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow, ltlh! The pics you did get are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I know what you mean about them not turning out. I took about 50 in Columbia and only 3 turned out halfway decent. I haven't figured out why yet.

Prettymaid
03-28-2009, 07:52 PM
And I agree with Troub. The golden coloring in some of those pictures is really cool. Thanks LTL for the great review and pics.

Wildthyme
03-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Ooh now you're onto something...which Borderer can claim "most severe injury sustained at a LROOE show?" However, there is an unfair advantage to those from Missouri, who have a statistically higher chance of being injured simply by virtue of the fact that they are exposed to more shows per annum than the average US citizen. And woe to the Pacific NW once again...those fans have (thus far) no chance to capture this glorious title...:weep::saberfight::steviesmack:

Rhonda and I are anxiously awaiting our turn at the title but the seemingly never ending delay at least gives us time to practice our synchronized flashing maneuvers for maximum effect *G*

eaglesvet
03-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Ooh a team effort! The boys will be pleasantly distracted, I'm sure!

Maleah
03-28-2009, 08:44 PM
.......next time you must resort to flashing - I think that is the band's preferred method of attention-getting techniques. :lol: Glad you had such a wonderful time!

Maybe I need to find a t-shirt with "the girls" on it and wear a jacket and just rip open the jacket.........it will take them a second to realize it's only a t-shirt! :hmm: :heybaby:

Ive always been a dreamer
03-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh c'mon Maleah - surely you know that the band would not appreciate anyone who resorts to such tacky, fake attention-getting methods. :hilarious:

Maleah
03-28-2009, 09:52 PM
LOL! I'd be afraid they'd fall off their stools with a heart attack and then I'd be forever known as "The One Who Killed An Eagle With Fake Flashing" :fainting:

Maybe I'll just take a plain white t-shirt......get a gigantic picture of Pam Anderson's...uh....well.....just get a big picture and crop her head off and iron it on the shirt. It would be an attention grabber....that's for sure! Maybe I'd write "3E?" below it :heybaby: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding of course! I'm too much of a chicken and shy to do anything like that. I mean I try to blend in with the crowd when I go to concerts you know. No bright colors, designs, or hats for me! ;)