PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Show-Major snowstorm on the way

Jerseyboy
03-27-2009, 04:41 PM
If those going to the show tomorrow night, there is a major snowstorm on the way, 6 to 12 inches of snow, and it's heading right for Kansas City. Should start Friday night into tomorrow, check the weather before driving.

Glennsallnighter
03-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh take it easy anyone of you who is travelling to this gig! I know its important, but leave plenty of time so you don't have to rush!

Peekaboo
03-27-2009, 10:14 PM
If I had tickets and the time off from work, I would definitely brave the weather and make the 5 hour drive there. For those going, Travel safe and have fun.

Brooke, are you going to KC? Mike, you live close to KC right? You gonna be there?

MikeA
03-28-2009, 02:22 AM
If I had tickets and the time off from work, I would definitely brave the weather and make the 5 hour drive there. For those going, Travel safe and have fun.

Brooke, are you going to KC? Mike, you live close to KC right? You gonna be there?

Not too far....3 hours for us. Not going though. We did get out tonight in the storm and drove south to Newkirk, Oklahoma. Bet you can't guess what we were doing there <LOL>

The roads were horribly icy about 30 miles north of Oklahoma and further north to where we started. But the road crews got out and cleaned highway 77. HEAVY rain in Newkirk though. And they are having a lot of trouble with power lines snapping. Trees breaking too with the heavy Ice they are getting.

Up where I live, we've gotten around 4" of sleet mixed with some little snow and are expecting more tonight. I haven't heard anything about the conditions on the turnpike between Wichita and Kansas City.

Y'all be CAREFUL iffin all-y'all are getting out on this mess!

Fan_For_Life
03-28-2009, 05:53 AM
Anyone going tonight please drive safe.

Most people in FL can't drive right in the rain much less if it was to snow. They'd have to shut the entire roadsystem down. lol

Stars
03-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Be safe everyone, and have a great time at the concert!:thumbsup:

Jerseyboy
03-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Ok, so far so good, only raining, and now they are calling for 2-4 inches of snow. In the past the weather forecasters would say snow, and nothing came in, I hope this is one of those times. Keeping my fingers crossed. I bought the I Love All Access tickets for this show, hope the seats are good.
I took my son to the Columbia, Mo show two weeks ago and The Eagles sounded great.

melrose
03-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Everyone please drive safe. Hopefully the weather won't dampen your concert mood. Have fun!

sodascouts
03-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Have a great time, JB - be safe!

MikeA
03-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Here's some pics of the conditions in Wichita. Don't know but would imagine that it is even worse in Kansas City.

http://mvabercrombie.net/abercrombie_albums/2009_0328_ice/2009_0328_ice.html

That "white stuff" is mostly ice in the form of sleet. It didn't start snowing until later this morning. I'd guess at around 3" of sleet if not more.

Worried about our trees! Already lost one major limb off of an Oak in our front yard. So far, we're not having power outages but it's a miracle with all the ice and the wind blowing as hard as it is.

Sure hope everyone who ventured out to the concert in KC had a great and SAFE time!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-28-2009, 12:03 PM
JB - Be safe and enjoy the show. I hope you have a wonderful ILAA experience and will come back to tell us all about it.

Brooke
03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes, good luck JB. I'm sure your seats will be awesome if you have ILAA. Be sure to come back and give us a report.

I can't go. Sooooo wish I could, but I'd forgotten that I have to sit with my Dad tonight while Mom goes to my niece's senior play. I had promised to do that a while back and forgotten all about it. Good thing I never brought any good tickets up on Tm!

I'm all the way across the state and north. We are getting mostly rain and a little sleet here.

eaglesvet
03-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Ok, so far so good, only raining, and now they are calling for 2-4 inches of snow. In the past the weather forecasters would say snow, and nothing came in, I hope this is one of those times. Keeping my fingers crossed. I bought the I Love All Access tickets for this show, hope the seats are good.
I took my son to the Columbia, Mo show two weeks ago and The Eagles sounded great.
JB, I have faith you can call up all your Jersey road driving skills, in any kind of weather! Good luck, and have fun!

Peekaboo
03-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Not too far....3 hours for us. Not going though. We did get out tonight in the storm and drove south to Newkirk, Oklahoma. Bet you can't guess what we were doing there <LOL>

Oh i know what you were doing there. I've got family in Ponca City, OK. It's not too far from Newkirk. Hope you won some $$.

I heard LITFL and RMW on the radio a couple of hours ago and I just had to sit back and take it all in. As much as I would've loved to have been rockin out along with the songs, I was kinda bummed knowing that I wouldn't get to see the guys perform those songs live and in person tonight. And I'm sure that they are on stage right now as I type this. I wish I was in Kansas City right now.

JB, I hope you're having a blast at the concert right now. Can't wait to hear all about it and your ILAA experience.

Jerseyboy
03-29-2009, 07:00 PM
The show was great. It was similar to the Columbia Mo. show I attended on March 17th with my son. The Eagles all sounded and looked great.
The weather was snowing on the way to the show making it slippery with about 4 inches on the ground, but after the show the snow stopped and the roads were wet but clear, clear sailing on the drive home.
We had 12th row center for the show with the I Love All Access tickets, probably won't go that route again, the exclusive Eagles gift was a luggage tag for suitcases. The only small disappointment was I wanted to buy the Eagles banner I saw at the merchandise counter in Columbia, but the weren't set up for credit cards so I bought my son a Eagles shirt and figured I will buy the banner at the Kansas City show, but none of the booths had them, hopefully they will be on the bands website after the last U.S. show.
As usual it was a thrill seeing them and grateful they are still out there playing away.