PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, Ohio show

chaleymom
03-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey everyone - just popping by to let you know that the boys delivered again last night! I was hesitant about spending the money to see this show for the THIRD time - but, alas - we do what we have to do... :partytime:

Despite the fact that I had about 4 hours sleep before coming to work this morning - the boys did NOT disappoint!! Since I've seen this show before, I could predict what they would say at each interval between songs - but I found it amusing when people around me laughed when hearing Glen's sense of humor for the first time. :hilarious:

Our seats were five rows off the floor in the first section - on Timothy's side. I'm happy to say that my daughter gave me a class on "Using My Camera 101" - and I was able to get what I think are some really good shots. I have an especially great shot of Timothy .... for all you fans of the Tendor Tenor... Now if I can only figure out how to get them from my computer file to this website..... any help out there???

Speaking of Timothy - I couldn't help but wonder if something was wrong with him. I told my husband "Doesn't he looked like he's pissed off or something? Either that or he doesn't feel well....." My husband said "he's probably just really, really tired... how long have they been on this tour anyway?!"

Glen was incredibly handsome and charming as usual..... Don was fabulous - as always..... and Joe - was Joe.... such a performer!!!! I believe he truly loves being up on that stage! I can't help but smile to think of everytime he hit high notes, he went up on his toes! LOL

It appears the set list was the exact same as in Kansas City....no disappointments there either.

I hope to download the pics from my camera tonite and with some help *hint hint* I'll get them to this site ASAP.

I told my husband "well - this is probably the last time you'll have to take me to see these guys.... I think they are heading to Europe soon." He said "you never know....maybe we'll have to take a trip to Europe" haha - that's a looonnnggg road out of Ohio......

Later,
Kim

Ive always been a dreamer
03-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks Kim for the excellent review and glad you enjoyed yourself. Sounds like you have hubby well-trained, too. :wink: I guess the guys are pretty tired at this point, and looking forward to their well-deserved break. Just wondering if Rocky Mountain Way was included in the encore because it wasn't included in the setlist for the Kansas City review that Koala posted. I didn't know if it was left out or was it an oversight on the reviewer's part?

Also, to post photos, you need to set up an account on an image-hosting site such as Photobucket. Then, you upload your photos to that site. Once the pics are uploaded, then you can link from that site to The Border. It sounds confusing at first, but it's not so bad once you get the hang of it. Here is a link for more detailed information, but we'll be glad to help if you have any questions.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1427

TimothyBFan
03-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey Kim, glad to hear you had a great time and got some pics--HUUURRRRY and figure out how to get them on here--can't wait to see the Tim one!!! :)

And here we go again about Timothy not looking good or not feeling well!! I hope the reviewer are kind to him if this is the case (but as history shows, I doubt they will be!) My poor baby!!! I just hope that he doesn't exhaust himself even more during April when he should be resting, by putting the finishing touches on the album. As much as I want it done, I don't want him to get to worn down. He needs to be in top form when they get to Europe!!!

ticky
03-30-2009, 11:22 AM
YAY Kim! cant wait to see the pics! I'm glad you made it a third time, after all, this may be the last tour they do! If I could manage it, I'd hit every west coast show I could get to! (Assuming they WILL be coming here) I need to sell a kidney or something..

chaleymom
03-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Yes they did play Rocky Mountain Way - and Joe was fabulous! I also really loved when they all rocked out on Funk #49 :rockguitar:(oh Willie - I also got a good shot of Timothy on that one - he was bent down and flipped his hair back so his hair is flying!)

Thanks Dreamer for the uploading advice!! I will try my best to work on that this evening when I get off work.

I haven't been on here for awhile - so what's up with Timothy? Has he been getting bad reviews? He didn't look happy - BUT - he was still incredible.... I could listen to him sing all night long! And what's the new album? Another one??? sorry - guess I'm out of the loop!!!

TimothyBFan
03-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Oh Kim---you tease you---"hair flying..." OMG!!!! I can't wait to see!!! :)

Yeah his reviews haven't been real good lately. A lot being said more about his appearance than he singing! If you get a chance to read some of them-you will be disgusted at some of the reviews the guys have gotten, mostly before the March shows. A couple went so far as to say Timothy looked like the "crypt keeper" and one actually called him "cadaverous like". It's sickening!!

He's working on putting his final touches on his new album. See his official sight and new diary entry for a few more details.

http://www.timothybschmit.com/

AzEaglesFan
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2009/03/29/review_eagles.html
I hope I have this in the right place.

luvthelighthouse
03-30-2009, 12:45 PM
TBF, I adore TBS, but I have to tell ya, the Crypt Keeper cracks me up! I can totally see him as a character on Tales from the Crypt. :) You have to admit, he appears to have lost some more weight! He is so so thin. I like his face a little fuller. However, I'm sure this tour is kicking his butt. Hopefully a month rest will do him good. As least he can work at his own pace on his solo stuff.

I can't wait for pics tonight! Chaleymom, I just went through the whole picture issue. What I did was use photobucket. Then, just choose the third choice, which I think is something like, "display image", copy that code and paste here. I'm anxiously awaiting them!

Koala
03-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Nice to hear you had a good time! Thanks for the review and I cant wait to see the photos!

TimothyBFan
03-30-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2009/03/29/review_eagles.html
I hope I have this in the right place.

AZ -thanks for posting this! A couple things here stand out at me...

"The three-hour set was chock-full of hits - aisle-standing, fist-pumping smashes - that often sounded designed to keep the paying customers satisfied."

What? They STOOD in the aisle? Oh my---I hope they weren't reprimanded to badly!

" Hotel California, potentially a seething jam vehicle, was delivered to the letter to a fault, with Joe Walsh nearly duplicating the tune's guitar solo note for note."

Huh?

sodascouts
03-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Can't wait to see those photos, Kim! Thanks for the review!

As for that comment about Hotel California from the article... doesn't the reviewer realize that when you have a guitar duet, one guy can't go off and extemporize???? Of all the solos to criticize!

Brooke
03-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Cm, I'm glad you had such a good time at the show. Great review! Can't wait for the pics!

03-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the link to that, AEF. Even though the review isn't bad, it's another case of the jaded-critic syndrome - you know, they gotta find something negative to say. The fan comments are very favorable though and that's what really matters.

AzEaglesFan
03-30-2009, 05:11 PM
The fans are the ones that really "get" what the Eagles and their music are all about, The reviewers don't look at them any other way but something to write about and get paid to do it. It's their loss.

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Good grief - that bit in that article about Hotel CA and Joe "to a fault"...

One of the things I LOVE most about the Eagles is that they DON'T change all the songs...when you play them the same then everyone can sing along...I hate it when you learn a song on a CD and you hear it in person and it's totally different.

One night my hubby and I played the original ICTYW along with the DVD - PERFECT! Everything was exactly the same...

As for TbS - well, in Indy, he didn't look tired to me...and his voice was in FINE form!

Ahhh...reviewers be hanged! :enraged:

chaleymom
03-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Ok guys... I'm pretty sure I didn't do this right... sorry! I'm trying!!!! If by some miracle it DID work - I'll try to post more.... (If I remember how I did it this time!!! Please bear with me!!!)

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2776.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2780.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2786.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2787.jpg

GlennLover
03-30-2009, 10:46 PM
You did it Chaleymom! Great pics!! I especially love the second one. :nahnah:

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Wa-Hoo! GREAT pics! Gosh, thanks for sharing! Wow - talk about your darlin' of the chic! :thumbsup:

luvthelighthouse
03-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Ah, thanks for the Timmy fix!!!

Koala
03-31-2009, 01:16 AM
Nice Pics, especially the second one! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-31-2009, 01:18 AM
Excellent! Thanks, chaleymom!

Fan_For_Life
03-31-2009, 06:57 AM
Great pics. You have a great camera eye.

Prettymaid
03-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Those are great Chaleymom, thanks for posting them!

TimothyBFan
03-31-2009, 08:23 AM
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2787.jpg
Oh Kim---You just made my morning!! Thanks!!!

chaleymom
03-31-2009, 10:29 AM
I thought you'd like that one Willie..... I didn't post the other one yet - (Timmy with the flying hair) - because I wasn't sure if I did this right. I'll post more later this evening.

Thanks for all the help from everyone on posting photos!!! I learned something new!!!

03-31-2009, 10:36 AM
CM - thank you, thank you, thank you. We are obviously very glad that you figured out Photobucket. Your pics are awesome!

Brooke
03-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Cm, GREAT pics! See, you did it! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing them.

tbs fanatic
03-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Great pics. Thanks so much.

chaleymom
03-31-2009, 01:09 PM
You are all so welcome! Glad I was able to give you all some eye-candy today! :nahnah::thumbsup: One more question - is it possible to copy pictures from my Facebook and post them here? If so, I could do that TODAY! If not, I'll have to wait til I get home to get them from my file on the computer and do the Photobucket exercise again.

thanks!

EagleLady
03-31-2009, 01:16 PM
:thumbsup: Nice Pics Kim

jdubfan
03-31-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure why the concert gods always have to screw with me...they are cruel and kind, sometimes within moments of each other. I had JWFC tix for this show. So you know the drill-not knowing where you'll sit and that walk of anticipation to the will-call office to discover your fate. I got up to the window to be told by the little boy back there that I wasn't on any computer or list...no tickets. Sorry. Out of luck. I tried to explain my fc situation, but they just kept trying to direct me to VIP places, but I knew I wasn't that. Finally along came an Angel named Caroline :angel:. I was getting pretty uptight, it was already 7:30. Angel C gave me a big hug, and told me to follow close-she would take care of everything. After many calls and ushering us to every will call window in the place, at 7:55 we ended up back at the original window to the sheepish young man I originally talked to, who was very red-faced and apologetic. He dangled my tickets in the air and said "Well, this'll make it worth it! Second Row!!". HOLY CRAP!! Not only 2nd row, but directly in front of JOE!! YEE HAH!! I felt like I'd been on a roller coaster and the show hadn't even started yet. I cannot tell you what relief I felt!!:hilarious:

As much as I enjoyed my m&g, this might show might even top that. For 3 hours, I had Joe 15 feet from me, singing, playing. And it was all just for me. The other 15,000 folks just lucked out that I shared him. We had some great eye contact. I jumped up and gave a big WOOHOO at the opening chord of Walk Away. He came to the edge of the stage, leaned down and started jammin', looking at ME with that squinty eyed, screwed up mouth look of concentration that I love. I was simultaneously freaked out and in heaven, being that close is almost too much to handle.....<s>
Great show, of course. All the guys seemed giddy with the "Last Show" excitement, and it made for a great performance. I may never see the Eagles again, but I sure have once-in-a-lifetime memories!! Thanks Joe, Eagles, angels, concert buddas, even that little jerk behind the window...I'm forever in your debt.

Prettymaid
03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Deb, once again what a great storyteller you are! I was on the edge of my seat- will she get in or not? So happy for you that you got some eye contact from Joe!

chaleymom
03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Ok guys - how about some more pics! (oh and did I say how badly I'm suffering from PEW!??) :fear:

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2781.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2783.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2784.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2795.jpg
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2797.jpg

Fan_For_Life
03-31-2009, 06:21 PM
:) keep em coming..

melrose
04-01-2009, 12:00 AM
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/chaleymom/IMG_2795.jpg

chaleymom- I'm so glad you had a wonderful concert experience! The pictures turned out great. But I do seem to be partial to this and the other Timothy shots ;)

It's always sad when you hear about one of the guys' lookin' down (especially when I hear it is Timothy :-( ). They truly give 100% at these concerts. I hope Timothy gets some time to rest up and focus on himself while on break.

TimothyBFan
04-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Kim--you have once again made my morning for the 2nd morning in a row! :)
You were very right ---I LOVE that Timmy picture with the flying hair!!! What a great shot you got there!!! THANK YOU!!!

ticky
04-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Deb, WOW!! so the tickets you got, were they FC tickets? or something the venue came up with to replace the FC tickets? Im really debating whether to buy the FC tickets or try a Soda to get something better. (well once they decide to come to the Pac NW)

CM ~ Wow!! what great pics!!! thanks for those! That one of Tim is incredible!

Koala
04-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Wow, excellent pictures! :thumbsup:

jdubfan
04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Deb, WOW!! so the tickets you got, were they FC tickets? or something the venue came up with to replace the FC tickets? Im really debating whether to buy the FC tickets or try a Soda to get something better. (well once they decide to come to the Pac NW)

Yep, they were my original fc tix, there all the time and finally found. If you get fc tix and something like this happens to you, remember - they may need to hunt for them. This was so nerve wracking even when I knew I had tix, I don't know if I'd have the guts to do a soda! I didn't really check but at all 3 shows I did, more folks were looking for tix than selling. Maybe to do the ol' resale, but i don't know.

michelabella
04-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey everybody, I was looking for a place to share my recent concert experience in Columbus Ohio and I found this wonderful forum!

well I went to the columbus show and it was my first Eagles concert! It was utterly amazing!! they were so great and entertaining. I never wanted it to end!!! (and felt a sense of depression the whole week afterwards) lol

I didn't have the best seats as some others here, lol but it didn't matter I still enjoyed it! I didn't take pics, bc it wouldn't benefit much from where I was sitting but I recorded tons of videos on my cell phone, which I am planning to upload to youtube soon (if anyone's interested in that) they are just little snippets, but still it's the Eagles afterall!! hehe :thumbsup:

just wanted to share! I have always been an Eagles fan (and fan of classic rock) in general but I can now officially say they are my favorite band EVER!!!!

Prettymaid
04-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Welcome MB, glad you found us! Just jump right in, there's a lot to browse!

michelabella
04-07-2009, 08:37 PM
thank you for the warm welcome :thumbsup: and I know i've been browsin, it's a great forum

sodascouts
04-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Welcome from me, too, MB. Glad to have you!

michelabella
04-07-2009, 08:46 PM
thank you :partytime:

I want to see them again soooo bad! LOL
gotta say, Glenn was quite the talker/entertainer. he pretty much led the way. Timothy was great he sang very soft and beautifully and talked a little at times. Joe talked some too and was awesome as always (he is my dad's favorite) and Don, what can i say his voice is flawless, but he was the only one who didn't talk :eyebrow: wonder why? is he always like that? I really wanted to see some of his personality!

anyways no complaints here! I was in awe the entire time! still am!!!

DonFan
04-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Welcome to The Border, MB! We're glad you're here!

In answer to your above question about Don, he doesn't talk very much in Eagles shows. If you really want to see his personality come out, you need to go to one of his solo shows. He really engages the audience, and tells stories about the background of many of his songs before he sings them. Don's solo shows are wonderful. (However, as you can tell by my username, I am a little biased about him ;-))

Maleah
04-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the board MB! So glad to have you!

eaglesvet
04-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Hey MB, welcome to the Border! Are you a Buckeye? Although I'm from Jersey, I'm a Buckeye too....although I was out there quite a while ago! Have fun posting away!

TimothyBFan
04-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Welcome MB from me also and sorry to hear about your PEW (post Eagle withdraw) ----we are all very familiar around here with it! Glad you enjoyed the concert. Hope you continue to post!

Stars
04-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Welcome, MB! So glad you found us-you will love it here!:thumbsup:
I went through PEW back in November. This board certainly helped, and I also found that watching their DVDs helped enormously!
Have fun and enjoy yourself here!:)

ticky
04-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Hey MB and welcome!
Dont worry too much about PEW, from what I hear it passes.. eventually.. or should I say lessen? I'm still suffering from PEW and its been 7 years! Well mine could be complicated by PRE-Eagles Withdrawal Syndrome as well.. since I havent seen them on this tour yet..
ANYWAY, hop right in and enjoy!!

eaglesvet
04-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Ticky, I think if you add Post-Eagles Syndrome to Pre-Eagles Syndrome, you get Eagles-Syndrome--if I remember my algebra correctly! :brickwall: for you and Cami, but hopefully not too much longer! (I can't imagine how the rest of us will react once you finally get to go!!! :partytime:)

Peekaboo
04-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I would also like to add my Welcome to you MB!! You've definitely found the right place for all things Eagles. If there's anybody that can understand your PEW that would be your fellow Borderers here. We definitely know the feeling. Have fun here and i look forward to reading your posts.

Yay CM!!! I'm so glad that you got the picture posting figured out. The pics look great!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: And I'm glad that you went again and had a great time.