PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Frey DVD ?

Koala
03-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Is there an official DVD of a Glenn Frey concert?
Live in Dublin for example.
I looked, but I couldn't find a DVD.
I found only a VHS cassette.

I am sure it gives a Bootleg, however, I am to foolish for such Things.
I canīt this. I have tried it already so often, (with other artists) always something was wrong and it did not run.

sodascouts
03-30-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm afraid that Glenn's Live in Dublin concert was never officially reissued in DVD format, to my knowledge.

Freypower
03-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Wow. The heading of this topic was the first thing I saw and so I clicked on it. :sad:

He won't do it now but he should have released Dublin on DVD. It may have attracted people who otherwise didn't know his solo work.

Koala
03-31-2009, 01:03 AM
Thankīs for the answers.
It is very unfortunate that it gives no DVD!:-(

AlreadyGone95
05-27-2015, 08:54 PM
A friend of mine sent me some money to use to expand my music collection even more. I want to get more Eagles related stuff, particularly Glenn's solo albums. I've heard alot of good things about the live video of his Dublin show in 1992, so I would like to get my hands on a copy. I checked Amazon and there were only 3 copies available for $25 and they were vhs copies. The only vhs player (vcr) we (mom and I) have is in the living room, and I don't think that my mom would be willing to spend over an hour watching Glenn!
I have a blu-ray player in my room, though. Is it only available on vhs or are there dvd copies as well? If not, I'll probably just buy one of the vhs copies, but I'd prefer a dvd copy.

GlennLover
05-27-2015, 09:17 PM
A friend of mine sent me some money to use to expand my music collection even more. I want to get more Eagles related stuff, particularly Glenn's solo albums. I've heard alot of good things about the live video of his Dublin show in 1992, so I would like to get my hands on a copy. I checked Amazon and there were only 3 copies available for $25 and they were vhs copies. The only vhs player (vcr) we (mom and I) have is in the living room, and I don't think that my mom would be willing to spend over an hour watching Glenn!
I have a blu-ray player in my room, though. Is it only available on vhs or are there dvd copies as well? If not, I'll probably just buy one of the vhs copies, but I'd prefer a dvd copy.

I got a DVD of the concert some time ago on eBay. It's a bootleg copy of the VHS as it was never released in DVD. The quality isn't excellent, but it is quite good. The VHS original may not have been much better. You might want to check there.

ETA: I did a search on eBay & only found the VHS. I did find some suppliers of the DVDS when I did a Google search.

AlreadyGone95
05-27-2015, 11:37 PM
I got a DVD of the concert some time ago on eBay. It's a bootleg copy of the VHS as it was never released in DVD. The quality isn't excellent, but it is quite good. The VHS original may not have been much better. You might want to check there.

ETA: I did a search on eBay & only found the VHS. I did find some suppliers of the DVDS when I did a Google search.

Thanks for the info GL!

I found one for $12 on dvd... now if I can figure out how to use PayPal on the site. It shows the paypal logo on the website, but when I go to check out, there's no option to use it! :brickwall: :confused: :headscratch:

Freypower
05-28-2015, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the info GL!

I found one for $12 on dvd... now if I can figure out how to use PayPal on the site. It shows the paypal logo on the website, but when I go to check out, there's no option to use it! :brickwall: :confused: :headscratch:

Surely you would first have to click on the Paypal logo before you check out? You're telling the site that's the payment option you wish to use.

AlreadyGone95
05-28-2015, 09:32 PM
Surely you would first have to click on the Paypal logo before you check out? You're telling the site that's the payment option you wish to use.

When I clicked on it, nothing happened. It turns out that I had to use a different site,run by the same company, to use PayPal. By the t8me the company had replied to inquiry about paypal, I decided to go ahead and pay with a debit card instead. I ordered it this morning and with any luck,it should be here next week. (Come on United States Postal service, don't keep me waiting long!)

GlennLover
05-28-2015, 11:21 PM
Glad you found a copy, AG95!

AlreadyGone95
05-29-2015, 12:11 AM
Glad you found a copy, AG95!

So am I , GL! :)

AlreadyGone95
06-05-2015, 02:32 PM
It finally arrived. I'm happy and excited! (Ok that's an understatement ). After seeing all of the screen shots in the Frey Fever thread, I'm ready to watch this asap (tonight hopefully ) :partytime:

http://rs1283.pbsrc.com/albums/a552/kim_dixon2/Mobile%20Uploads/1433528731893_zpshzlzwruh.jpg~320x480

Here's the actual dvd:
http://rs1283.pbsrc.com/albums/a552/kim_dixon2/Mobile%20Uploads/1433529065351_zpsohutueuw.jpg~320x480

AlreadyGone95
06-06-2015, 12:56 AM
Finally getting to watch it.
I'm amazed at the quality. It's almost crystal clear! (I'm watching it on an hdtv and a blu-ray player). I have no clue how this copy was made, but well worth the $12 I paid for it.

The screen shots that have been posted in Frey Fever are cool, but I'm glad to watch a high quality dvd of the show!

ETA: Glenn is super hot! :drool: :smitten: :faint: I love that blue-green jacket! And his voice! :heart: :fainting:

sodascouts
06-09-2015, 01:36 AM
Merged this thread with an earlier one on the same topic.

The video was released 22 years ago today!

AlreadyGone95
06-09-2015, 01:49 AM
Sorry Soda, I didn't see this thread when I posted my own a few weeks ago.

Will definitely be watching this dvd again today (actually my uncle wants to see it, so I might watch it with him.)

Happy 22nd anniversary to Strange Weather: Live in Dublin

AlreadyGone95
06-09-2015, 12:36 PM
If anyone wants to order a dvd copy, here's the site I used.
https://www.maximumsound.org/Eagles-GLENN-FREY-Strange-Weather-DUBLIN-92-DVD_p_930.html

International shipping is available.

UndertheWire
06-09-2015, 02:46 PM
Thanks. I was going to ask...

AlreadyGone95
06-09-2015, 03:10 PM
You're welcome, UTW.
I thought that I had already posted the link, but I hadn't.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-13-2015, 07:08 PM
Hope you like the Live In Dublin DVD, AG. I absolutely adore it!

AlreadyGone95
06-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Hope you like the Live In Dublin DVD, AG. I absolutely adore it!

I've watched it twice now and I love it, too! As I said above, I can't believe how good the quality is! (Nearly 10/10 imo). It's made me fall in love with 2 of his songs that I really didn't care for much before, River of Dreams and Love in the 21st Century. (I made the mistake of watching the video for the latter first, big mistake! What the heck was Glenn thinking when he made that video?!). It also made me want to buy the Strange Weather album, which I have done.
And of course, I can't leave out how hot he looks. When he ditched the jacket for the encore, my heart skipped a beat! :smitten: :thud: :faint:

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2015, 04:18 AM
I love that DVD too, and I know exactly what you mean about him ditching the jacket. I love the way he gets the crowd going for Partytown at that point too. Great concert and great DVD. Btw you know our very own Desperada was actually AT that concert!

AlreadyGone95
06-18-2015, 11:30 AM
I love that DVD too, and I know exactly what you mean about him ditching the jacket. I love the way he gets the crowd going for Partytown at that point too. Great concert and great DVD. Btw you know our very own Desperada was actually AT that concert!

Wow. She's was a very lucky lady, then!

Partytown is great, but I love Desperado a bit more. I think that I like Glenn doing that song more than Don.