PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Indiana

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi everyone...I've had a chance to say hello to some of you...but thought I would formally introduce myself...

I'm Tonja (aka anne-o-gg here). I live in Columbus, Indiana with my husband and two daughters (12 & 14)

I've always loved the Eagles music. I remember hearing it throughout the 80's, but honestly, though I knew "some" of their songs, I didn't know WHO the Eagles were.

A couple of months ago, a friend bought my husband Farewell I DVD...I watched it once and I was HOOKED! I was getting tickets for my girls to see Taylor Swift in Evansville - when I saw that the guys were coming to Indy...I almost missed the night of my life!

We are moving to Colorado in June...I'm going to Bible college out there...so my family is getting ready to go on an incredible journey! I can't wait -

You can be assured that I'll be driving away with my Eagles CD blaring all the way there! :hilarious:

Brooke
03-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Welcome to The Border! Glad you found us. This is a great place for all Eagle lovers. Glad you got to see them recently. They are fabulous! :nod:

EagleLady
03-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Welcome Tonja! You will love it here

Stars
03-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Welcome, Tonja! I'm sure, being a lover of the Eagles, you will feel right at home here!
I have to say, you are SO lucky to be moving to Colorado!! That is one place I have always wanted to live. You'll have to tell us all about life out there in the beautiful Rockies!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome! I live in Indiana too - West Lafayette, to be exact! Glad to have you!

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks everybody!

Fan_For_Life
03-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Hello Tonja, nice to meet you. Colorado is such a beautiful state. We lived in the Springs 1985-89 and if I ever get the chance I wouldn't mind living out there again.

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Hello Tonja, nice to meet you. Colorado is such a beautiful state. We lived in the Springs 1985-89 and if I ever get the chance I wouldn't mind living out there again.

We're planning to live in Woodland Park - the college is in the springs very northern tip before you head into the mountains...but we're not "big city" folk...lol...a sweet little mountain town is more my style - plus, smaller schools for my kids...

Prettymaid
03-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi again, Tonja. Lucky for you, you can 'get' The Border in Colorado! Clear as a bell!

anne-o-gg
03-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi again, Tonja. Lucky for you, you can 'get' The Border in Colorado! Clear as a bell!

:applause:

TimothyBFan
03-31-2009, 09:09 AM
Hey Tonja--I already welcomed you in another thread but just wanted to say that I am also in Indiana, New Carlisle, which is about 20 minutes west of South Bend.

I love Colorado, God's country!!!! My husband lived out there for a couple of years and I asked him one time why, after living there where it is so beautiful, he would come back to Indiana. Sweetheart that he is, said because he had to meet me. Aahhh!!

Anyways, best of luck on you and your families new venture!! Very exciting!

anne-o-gg
03-31-2009, 09:19 AM
awww...what a sweet reply from your husband!

Thanks so much - right now we are about 35 minutes south of Indy (an hour north of Louisville, KY)...we visited CO in 05 and it was breathtaking!!! I knew right away that I could live there and now it's finally coming true!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi Anne - I also welcomed you in another thread, but it's good to have you here on The Border. Hope you enjoy it here, and good luck on your move. I've traveled over much of the country, but somehow have never managed to get to Colorado. Now, how did I manage to miss that? :headscratch:

You have an interesting user name - how did you come up with it? I figured your name was Anne and that the other part of your user name held some personal significance, but that seems not to be the case.

anne-o-gg
03-31-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi Anne - I also welcomed you in another thread, but it's good to have you here on The Border. Hope you enjoy it here, and good luck on your move. I've traveled over much of the country, but somehow have never managed to get to Colorado. Now, how did I manage to miss that? :headscratch:

You have an interesting user name - how did you come up with it? I figured your name was Anne and that the other part of your user name held some personal significance, but that seems not to be the case.

Actually, "Anne of Green Gables" is one of my favorite books...childish, yes...but I love books about the turn of that other century...lol...so that's what anne-o-gg stands for...

Luvsquilts
04-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Welcome! I am going to Denver with the family this summer in July for vacation. Beautiful country that is for sure!

Prettymaid
04-02-2009, 01:59 PM
I have created an album in my profile of our trip to Colorado in May, 2007. I loved it! Sorry about the large size of the pictures.

sodascouts
04-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Lovely - thanks for sharing those!

anne-o-gg
04-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Those were great pictures PM! I love the one of Bear Lake!!!! I will try and get some of our '05 trip posted to my profile...

Brooke
04-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Those are just beautiful Pm. Thanks.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Actually, "Anne of Green Gables" is one of my favorite books...childish, yes...but I love books about the turn of that other century...lol...so that's what anne-o-gg stands for...

Thanks for that explanation, anne. I knew there had to be a story behind your name. :wink:

TimothyBFan
04-03-2009, 09:20 AM
PM thanks for posting. That is why they call that God's Country. Like I said, I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would leave there to come back to Indiana like Larry did. His brother's was out in Colorado Springs at the time with his family (he was teaching at the Air Force Academy). They then were transfered to Tunisia Africa then to Washington DC. Always said when he retired from the Air Force he would go back to Colorado. He retired 6 years ago as a colonel and instead settled in Illinois. :eyebrow: What? Of course he is now in Egypt for another 2 years. I tell Larry all the time-that I want us to retire to a mountain cabin on a lake or river so I can wake up every morning, take my book, my coke, my dog and a fishing pole and stay on the bank till sundown. I was amazed the first time he took me out there! Breathtaking!! I can dream of it can't I?

Prettymaid
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
It is breathtaking, TBF and you reminded me of a story. Although I was born and raised here in Central Illinois, I lived in Pennsylvania near the Pocono Mountains (very pretty country) from 1988 to 1996. While I was out there, whenever I met anybody and they learned that I had moved there from Illinois they would always wrinkle their nose and ask me ,"Why did you want to move here?". :hilarious: I guess if you're used to it you can take the beauty for granted!

eaglesvet
04-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi Tonja, Welcome aboard the Border! Good luck with life's transitions! And thanks for the name's explanation...I was wondering as well.

PM, great pix! I've heard alot about Red Rocks from my hubby, who was at Univ of Colo at Denver for grad school (before I knew him)...guess he saw lots of good concerts there. I did get out to CO on vacation probably about 1990 or so, in winter for skiing and sightseeing, and loved it! Need to get back again with the kids.

anne-o-gg
04-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Thank you very much! I do indeed fell SO welcome here! What a great place to stop by everyday!

Troubadour
04-10-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm late to the party, but I wanted to add my welcome too! Glad to have you here, Tonja. Post often!

anne-o-gg
04-10-2009, 10:19 AM
thnks very much! This has become my daily caffine shot - so to speak...lol...