PDA

View Full Version : Email Services

sodascouts
04-05-2009, 08:48 PM
So, when I decided to take the plunge and make sites for ALL the Eagles rather than just Glenn, I used gmail as each site's mail service. It has a LOT less spam - almost non-existent - and I like the threaded replies. Only drawbacks: You can't use folders, and it's difficult to use with Outlook.

However, today, I found something that absolutely enchanted me! You can choose various themes for Gmail's inbox, and if you choose the "tree" theme, your inbox changes with the weather. Right now, it's storming outside and the graphics on my inbox are rain and lightning. Tomorrow, hopefully, both will clear up.

Too cool!

What email services do you guys use? AOL? Hotmail? Yahoo? Something else entirely?

EagleLady
04-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I have AOL and Yahoo

ticky
04-05-2009, 09:07 PM
currently I use the email client that's available through comcast on their server. This way I dont have to download anything to my computer unless I want to. I read all my email on their server. BUT, they recently changed this client and I am just NOT fond of it, so Im thinking about redirecting it through my domain name, which would make the client SquirrelMail, but still on their server, not my computer :) HOWEVER, the email server I use primarily is comcast *G*

Glennsallnighter
04-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I use hotmail. It suits me! If anyone wants to contact me when I'm offline its
irish_eagles_fan@hotmail.com

Troubadour
04-07-2009, 07:15 PM
I use hotmail, but I might give gmail a go. It sounds cool!