PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss

luvthelighthouse
04-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Is it just me, or does Glenn look like he's lost a ton of weight? I was just watching some youtube videos from Moline, just last month. His tummy seems to have gone down quite a bit... and his suit jacket looks so big. Also, from the time I saw them in Sept, to the time I saw them last week, he appears thinner.

Am I crazy?

sodascouts
04-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Honestly, I didn't really notice a drastic weight loss, but perhaps he's lost a few pounds. I did notice he was lookin' good. ;)

ticky
04-06-2009, 02:27 AM
I dont know about Glenn, but I worry about Joe sometimes. If you look at him towards the end of a tour leg, he's usually got a bit of a tummy, but then you look at him a month later and he's lost it. It's not healthy to be over weight, but it's even worse to gain and loose and gain and loose like that. It's really hard on your heart.

melrose
04-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Glenn looked fine when I saw him in January. He might be fluctuating a bit here and there, though. I've worried about Timothy's weight. He looks so thin sometimes! I can't decide if he has lost weight or if the suit is really big. I'm hoping for the latter of the two...

luvthelighthouse
04-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Melissa, I know what you mean about Timothy. He looked so thin in Chicago! That is why I actually LOL a the review someone wrote awhile ago calling him the Crypt Keeper. He looks so thin that his face is sunken in. Poor thing! I'd love to feed him some food! BTW, I am NOT in any way saying anything bad about Timothy... I adore him! I just wish he'd gain about 25 pounds. Perhaps some home cooking will do him well. Do you know if he's just a vegetarian or is he a vegan?

melrose
04-07-2009, 01:23 AM
I doubt anyone would think you were saying anything bad about him :). It is true, he is looking smaller lately. I didn't know he was a vegetarian til recently. I imagine Jean would be keeping a close eye on his nutrition, I find it hard to believe she would let him be unhealthy. But then again, he is out on the road. That has to put a lot of stress on one's body. Does anyone know how long he has been vegetarian?

TimothyBFan
04-07-2009, 08:27 AM
He is vegan from what I understand and has been for many decades now. So is Jean and if you look at the video from the Grammys when she is standing next to him, she is looking rather thin, especially in the neck area. (yeah---I noticed--I'm that shallow! :hilarious:)

LTLH---Did you have to bring up the "crypt keeper" review? :-x That one ranks right up there with "cadaverous like".

Sorry--this is suppose to be a Glenn thread isn't it? Oops!!! Maybe this needs to be moved or something!

sodascouts
04-07-2009, 12:08 PM
No sweat, I'll move it to the Eagles forum!

luvthelighthouse
04-07-2009, 12:32 PM
He is vegan from what I understand and has been for many decades now. So is Jean and if you look at the video from the Grammys when she is standing next to him, she is looking rather thin, especially in the neck area. (yeah---I noticed--I'm that shallow! :hilarious:)

Vegan? Really? Oh C’mon… no wonder the boy is so thin! No meat, no cheese, no eggs. What is this guy eating? Broccoli and grapes? I can understand being vegetarian, but vegan I just don’t get. My brother’s girlfriend was trying to become vegan, but the no cheese thing killed her.

I’m sorry, but I’m like Glenn… give me a nice steak from Morton’s and I’m a happy woman!

Oh, and I’m good with shallow… I didn’t think Jean was looking too good either. When I see that pic of them from years ago, she was so beautiful… now… just ‘eh… (of course, that could be my TOTAL jealousy speaking)

sodascouts
04-07-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm with you LTL. I can understand people becoming vegetarians, but I don't get the vegan mentality. It doesn't hurt the cow to milk it!

melrose
04-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Wow, I had no idea he was so into the vegan lifestyle. Decades? I couldn't do it; I love a good steak!

My friend went vegetarian about a year ago, she didn't have to many problems with it. Vegan on the other hand, that takes a lot of commitment and control (not that vegetarianism doesn't). With both, you have to make sure you're getting all your essential nutrients and vitamins.

A year or two ago I decided not to consume dairy anymore. It was hardest thing I've ever done. I thought I was going to go crazy :crazy: I eventually had to modify that a bit, because I just couldn't live without ice cream, cheese, and bread. Especially the ice cream :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
04-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks Soda for moving it and sorry to LTLH--I know you intended this to be a Glenn thread and yet the Tim fans kinda hijacked from there!

My kids (18 & 16) have been vegetarians for years now (Dillon the 18 yr old for at least 5 or 6 years and Katie about 4). We laughed at Dill when he told us he was going to do it because didn't give it a prayer. That boy could put away a cheeseburger in 3 minutes flat. But he stuck to it and about 6 months into it declared he was now vegan. He did that for about 2 years then decided he could live no longer without cheese! They both occasionally eat fish but that's about it. Dillon is a huge guy too (6'1'' and about 275) which he was back then also and all he did before he started was play video games and sat around. Now he's outside messing around and riding bikes etc. Healthier all around. Same with Kate- she slimmed way down and is so much healthier and active and seems so much happier also. Not for Mom & Dad tho!!! Give me that juicy cheeseburger and I'm all kinds a happy!!!

This is the video I was talking about earlier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wcxnAvu7MQ

Maybe once you get a little older and have lived that lifestyle, it shows your age more. I don't know, but I still think he is just gorgeous!!!

melrose
04-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Maybe once you get a little older and have lived that lifestyle, it shows your age more. I don't know, but I still think he is just gorgeous!!!

You may have a point there. But, I agree, he is gorgeous! :)

Troubadour
04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
I've been a vegetarian since I was nine or ten. Maybe it's just because I'm used to it, but I don't find it difficult - there are so many options for veggies nowadays. However, I'm not sure I could do the vegan thing, even though I'm not a big dairy-lover. It must be quite restrictive, especially when eating out.

As for the guys, I haven't noticed anything drastic regarding their weight. I guess it's natural for it to fluctuate a bit during touring - the change in activity and eating habits while performing every night and travelling must be quite different to just being at home.

Stars
04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I was just talking to my neighbor today about my son, who is vegan. He came home to visit last week-end, and he looked extremely thin. He did go to the doctor, who told him to start eating more! At least when he lived at home I could control (more or less!) what he ate, but now that he lives away, he is in charge.:worried: I do tend to worry about him, but I think that's something that all moms do.
Like Troub was saying, our guys' weight probably fluctuates with them being on the road so much. I did notice, in some of the pics from the recent concerts, that Glenn looked a bit thinner than he did when I saw them in November. As for Timmy, he actually looked a bit heavier than when I saw them last.